Page 777 of 782 FirstFirst ... 277677727767772775776777778779 ... LastLast
Results 15,521 to 15,540 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    This is sorta off topic, but how do you guys figure out which people you want to use as heroic spirits? Not the phantasms or the stats or anything, literally just figuring out who works as heroic spirit? Is there some sort of "technique" beyond just surfing the web and reading history/myths? I'm working on compiling a list, but having a rather hard time of it.
    the answer is don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Whatever sounds cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    the answer is don't.
    What's that supposed to mean? Don't compile lists? Why not? Seems as good a way to get organized as any.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jack Fiddler: A really cool idea for a Servant. Quite young compared to other Heroic Spirits, but if you take his myths of hunting Wendigos and being a shaman at face value (which you clearly did) then I could easily see him qualifying. I also majorly appreciate getting a Servant from my own country's history/legends for once. The moment I read the reference to the C.N tower in the background section the patriotic Canadian in my heart (buried after four years of Rob Ford) let out a little squeal of joy.

I like how for a Caster he's quite physical and uses shamanistic runes to compliment his martial abilities. Sort of like a Native American Bazett, in some ways. The seal over his heart (and him being partially Wendigo) seems to be something you made up, since I can't find anything on it from a(n admittedly brief) Google search. Regardless, it works well and some level of embellishment was definitely needed to make him qualify as a Heroic Spirit. It's not like Nasu never takes similar creative leaps, anyways. (Such as Invisible Air or Rule Breaker)

By the way, while the 'hunter of his own kind' thing is common in pop-culture, the specific idea of the metal seal over his heart (combined with how the curse was thought to be incurable before that) reminds me of Ikoma from Kabaneri Of The Iron Fortress. Were you inspired from that, by any chance?

Regardless, it's a really nice and well-executed sheet. Honestly one of the more interesting ones I've seen here in a while. I also liked the little fanfic fragment you had accompanying it. Are you thinking of tying that into some kind of larger scale fanfic featuring these characters? (And obviously others as well, if it were to be done)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What's that supposed to mean? Don't compile lists? Why not? Seems as good a way to get organized as any.
    It's the difference between "I want to make Servant Sheets."
    and "I want to make X into a Servant."
    Last edited by You; July 30th, 2016 at 07:12 PM.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is sorta off topic, but how do you guys figure out which people you want to use as heroic spirits? Not the phantasms or the stats or anything, literally just figuring out who works as heroic spirit? Is there some sort of "technique" beyond just surfing the web and reading history/myths? I'm working on compiling a list, but having a rather hard time of it.
    I don't really make 'lists' but whenever I want to find Servants to write up I generally browse around lists of mythical figures, weapons and the like for anything that strikes me as having potential. Having a named weapon with some kind of magical trait is an immediate flag, as well as any feats that I can think of easily crystallizing into Noble Phantasms.

Really, I come up with potential Noble Phantasms first and then work backwards to come up with the rest of the sheet. No point coming up with an entire detailed character construct if at the end it falls apart because I can't think of any NPs to give them.

You could also browse sites cataloging various notable figures, like Badass Of The Week (slightly silly, but generally reliable) or Moe History on Tumblr (very silly and often inaccurate, but can still helped inspire a few of my Servant ideas).

Well, that's what I do. Obviously the approach you take is up to you.

Yeah, I made up the seal, and I got the idea from both Kabaneri and Iron Man. I was going to make it a bracelet or something and only give him a super strong arm, but there's loads of references to a Wendigo having a heart of ice, so I went with that instead. Also, despite what I did with Jack (and Delphine Lalaurie that one time), I'm not that into writing and I don't see myself starting a fic anytime soon.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; July 30th, 2016 at 07:21 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Not really sure I'm getting the difference, you. For me it's more "I want to make servants, but they're based on people/myths, so how do I find ideas for people to make into servants." Well, whatever. Thanks for the advice anyway. And Royd, thanks for the longer answer. Badass of the week has been pretty helpful as a starting point. It's too silly and exaggerated to be used for specific information, but it does help give you names and some ideas, so that's pretty great. (I would never have heard of Woodes Rogers otherwise ) Thanks for the help.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not really sure I'm getting the difference, you. For me it's more "I want to make servants, but they're based on people/myths, so how do I find ideas for people to make into servants."
    then you should make lists

マリーの味方
    I don't search for figures to turn into Servants, I literally just turn historical figures I like into Servants.

Every Servant I've done a sheet for is because I read a biography/source myth/history and decided "that person is cool, i'll make them a servant"

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I don't search for figures to turn into Servants, I literally just turn historical figures I like into Servants.

Every Servant I've done a sheet for is because I read a biography/source myth/history and decided "that person is cool, i'll make them a servant"
    good post +1

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post

Ah, I see what you guys are saying. Thanks for the advice. I think I'll probably end up doing some combination of the two things.

Blog Entries
    Hum. This still feels rather sloppy, if I'm being honest, but I wanted to play around with a sheet after recent lore. Tried to be cute and borrow Meltlilith's id_es origin given the nature of what her gift was, and Geronimo's skill helped me out with how to incorporate Melot and make Tristan sad. But I feel like it needs a second or third draft before I'm actually happy with it. Oh well! It's nice to dust off the rust every now and then.

Class: Lancer
    True Name: Gareth
    Alignment: Lawful Good

Visually and casual attire

Armor

Parameters:
    Strength: C
    Endurance: C
    Agility:
    A
    Mana: B
    Luck: D
    Noble Phantasm: B

Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance
    Protection against magical effects. While Lancer's rank in this skill is deceptively, amateurishly low, it is increased by one rank with each time Absorption is fully triggered against a defeated Servant.

Personal Skills:
    Absorption
    The ability to drain energy. As a passive effect, contact by Lancer or her weapons has a draining effect on those touched, stealing their health, mana, and even parameters in small amounts. The amount drained by each hit is minor, but is greatly increased by prolonged direct contact, and sustained combat can lead to a substantial advantage for Lancer. While health and mana can be recovered by other means, parameters may only be restored with time, though the process is faster the further apart the two are. As part of Lancer's legend, the effect of this absorption is greatly, and permanently, increased when she deals a killing or final blow to an individual.

Guardian Beast
    The companionship of a mythical beast, fighting alongside and protecting its master. In Lancer's case, she is accompanied at all times by a dwarf she refers to as Melot. A suspicious, paranoid being, he tends to distrust both Lancer's master and would-be allies, protecting Lancer but making it harder for her to come to an accord with others. At this rank, his provided assistance include C-rank Item Creation, Territory Creation, and Magecraft.

Noble Phantasm:
    Britomart - Spear of Serene Purity
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Named after the female knight in Edmund Spenser's The Faerie Queen, Britomart is the spear with which Lancer defeated and tamed all enemies in her path in her rescue of the princess Lyonesse. An enchanted fae weapon gifted to her by Merlin upon her arrival at Camelot, the effect of this weapon is mild, but deceptive. Each successful blow by this weapon has a calming, numbing effect - it claims absolute victory not through overwhelming force, but through destruction of the will to fight.

A combination of the legend that Gareth successfully claimed the loyalty and service of the knights who opposed her and Lynette and the undefeatable power of Britomart's enchanted lance. Each blow robs the enemy of mental strength and dulls their minds and senses, until victory is little more than a firm suggestion away.
    Last edited by Sunny; July 31st, 2016 at 09:37 PM.

Signature by fumato

Right, lets just get this over with:

Class: Assassin.
    Alternate Classes: Avenger.
    Identity: Cain, Son of Adam/(Changed to Cain, Murderer of Abel by Mark of Cain).
    Alignment: Neutral Good/(Changed to Chaotic Evil by Mark of Cain).
    Place of Origin: East of somewhere perfect/(Changed to Nowhere by Mark of Cain).

Appearance: A brassy skinned man of indeterminate origin, Assassin is by most standards physically perfect; wavy burgundy hair with eyes that shin like sapphires, tall but not gigantic, muscled but not bulging, slender but not thin, handsome of face and melodious of voice, the callouses of his hands speak to a life of honest labour, yet he can converse with all the skill of a master debater. But this beauty is ruined by Assassin's most notable features: a blazing, ever shifting sigil upon his brow, informing all that this man is Cain, Slayer of Abel, Architect of the Second Sin and First Murderer. Cain is withdrawn and painfully shy as a result of the reactions that the Mark of Cain causes. The murder of Abel of was an act of impulse, one Cain deeply regrets.
    Height: Six foot, six inches.
    Dislikes: God, Cain.
    Wish: To die.

Parameters
    Strength: B
    Endurance: C (A, Changed by Mark of Cain)
    Agility: B (D, Changed by Mark of Cain)
    Mana: A (C, Changed by Mark of Cain)
    Luck: E

Class Skills:
    Presence Concealment: (B-N/A) Sealed by Mark of Cain.

Personal Skills:
    Natural Body (A-C, Changed by Mark of Cain.): The possession of a perfect body as a living being from birth as one of the first humans and has not suffered the degradation that has afflicted the human race across the years.

Nature of a Rebellious Spirit (A): The temperament to never remain at one location and never embrace a lord. A wandering star that does not have the capacity to be king nor is capable of finding his own king. Negates the effects of Charisma with the same rank.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Mark of Cain:Avenged Sevenfold: (Anti-Self)(Anti-Life)(A):
    As punishment for slaying his brother, God marked Cain with a terrible curse: the Mark of Cain, a punishment as inventive as it is manifold, as permanent as it is cruel.
    The Mark manifests as a sigil upon Cain's forehead, and cannot be hidden or concealed in any way, and its effects are numerous.
    Firstly, any one who perceives the Mark immediately knows every detail of Cain's identity, and if they are a Master or Servant, his skills and second Noble Phantasm.
    Secondly, the Mark renders Cain incapable of dying. This does not mean that Cain is invulnerable, far from it, simply that he cannot die, he lacks a 'concept of death'. This does not stop Cain feeling pain however, or hunger, or thirst.
    Thirdly, the Mark heals Cain of any wound that could disable him near instantly by way of reseting him to as he was when the Mark was first applied. Note that was disable, two shattered kneecaps equals no reset, he can crawl after all, decapitation equals reset.
    Fourthly, the Mark forces Cain to not linger in any location (such as a house) for anymore than a day, as the World itself finds affront in his continued presence. Each hour that Cain remains in a location past a day doubles all mana costs. Cain cannot return to an area if he remains there for one day.
    Fifthly, the Mark stops Cain from drawing sustenance from the earth in any form. Food rots to dust at his touch, water becomes brackish and sulfurous at any attempt to drink. Any crops sewn by his hand (directly or otherwise) spoil with in seconds of being planted and animals drop dead of sickness at his presence. In addition, Cain cannot draw mana from humans like other Servants can.
    Sixthly, any human that perceives the Mark will be enraged by Cain's continued existence, possibly even to the extent of attacking Cain.
    Finally, any harm done to Cain, from the lightest slap to the mightiest of blows, is returned sevenfold upon the inflicter by the Mark, with no upper limit on either power of the response or number of targets. This does not stop the attack in any way, the response is after the blow lands.
    The Mark of Cain is activated upon summoning, costs no mana to maintain, and cannot be deactivated by any means.

Murder:The Second Sin: (Anti-Human)(Anti-Life)(A):
    An ordinary, fist sized rock constantly dripping blood, Murder is the first weapon, the stone Cain used to kill Abel, and by doing so, invented the concept of 'murder' and 'to kill Man'.
    As such, Murder can instantly kill any human struck by it. No Luck rolls, no shields, magical or otherwise, no conceptual "No man of woman born" trickery or God Hand style "You must be this high ranked to do anything" shenanigans, if Cain can strike a human, Servant or otherwise, with Murder, they die. This only works on humans of course, to anything else, whether it be a god, a toucan, a Dead Apostle or a lamppost, it is simply a rock being swung by a not especially strong, fast or skilled aggressor.
    Murder requires no specific action to activate its ability and only costs a medium amount of mana when in use, ie;killing, not being swung.

Eh, still needs work.
    Last edited by Fish11; August 1st, 2016 at 01:59 AM.

Cain seems really strong. All of his phantasms fit with the myth, but I mean how does this guy lose? I like that you've tried to give him some compensating weaknesses, but the inability to die and instakill Rock just seem crazy. How do you go about fighting a guy like this? Then again, he is one of the older heroic spirits.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    The easiest way would be to just kill the Master, but I figure any Caster worth their salt could also imprison him until his prana ran out.

For the purposes of the rock NP, do Servants with Divinity count as humans?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    The easiest way would be to just kill the Master, but I figure any Caster worth their salt could also imprison him until his prana ran out.
    Nah, you just need this guy
    Spoiler:

*facepalms* I completely forgot that killing the master is even a thing. Still seems a little too powerful but that might just be me.

JP Friend Code
    We already got Ozymandias who is immortal inside his temple. Then we got Solomon and the guy I mentioned in FGO. This Cain is nowhere near "too OP", yet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Nah, you just need this guy
    Spoiler:
    Funny thing is, there's a theory he is Cain himself.