Page 44 of 858 FirstFirst ... 34394243444546495494144544 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Obsidian View Post
    That was a joke, based on the meme of it.
    I knew that, but I felt like making a semi-serious reply anyways. (Thought of making a joke reply like 'Not this again...' but decided against)

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    If we're going with Persona tracks, wouldn't "I'll Face Myself" be more thematically fitting?

Or whatever one plays when Shirou and Archer actually have their climactic fight...
    Nope. Because you didn't say the iconic line yet it's still in the pre-battle stage.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; September 25th, 2016 at 03:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Nope. Because you didn't say the iconic line yet it's still in the pre-battle stage.
    You mean the "You're... NOT ME!", right? In that case, shouldn't Shraps be the one to say it, since I'm one the playing the role of the 'Shadow'?

Taking this way too in-depth for a silly joke, but whatever.

Blog Entries
    I think canon is that Shiki can't/would have trouble seeing Lines on Servants normally since they're of such a different existence to humans like him.
    Well, no

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Well, no
    Well, I recall reading that on the forum anyway. I don't want this to turn into another humungous discussion.

JP Friend Code
    You mean the "You're... NOT ME!", right? In that case, shouldn't Shraps be the one to say it, since I'm one the playing the role of the 'Shadow'?

Taking this way too in-depth for a silly joke, but whatever.
    "ware wa kage, shin naru ware" (I am the shadow, the trueself) is the punchline.

Either way the name of the track is my real joke, it describes what's going here in this thread atm.

Blog Entries
    "ware wa kage, shin naru ware" (I am the shadow, the trueself) is the punchline.

Either way the name of the track is my real joke, it describes what's going here in this thread atm.
    Oh. I didn't even get that at all. Feel kind of silly now...

Friendly neighborhood Dark Lord! Mr.Obsidian's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Not Worth anything yet
    Blog Entries
    Guess this will be my hopeful rebound servant enjoy.

Faceclaim
    Spoiler:

Class: Saber

True Identity: Terracotta Warrior/Army

Alignment:Lawful Good

Stats

Str:B+
    End:B
    Agi:C++
    Mana:B
    Lck:B

Class Skills

Magic Resistance:D+ -At this rank single line chants will be nullfied. Seeing as how Saber never encountered magic in his life he has the minimum rank.

Riding:C+ -At this rank modern vehicles and beasts can be mounted and ridden with efficiency.

Personal Skills

Attendant of Iron:B+ -Increases one's Masters parameters just being in proximity. Sabers presence in the battlefields with each victory brought Qin Shi Huang's influence and power to even greater heights. Allowing in the unification of China to form the Qin Dynasty.

Chinese Martial Arts:C+- A value that measures one's mastery of the material arts that made becoming one with the universe as its objective. It's difficulty to learn is of the highest level and, unlike other skills it is at A rank that one is said to have 'learned it'.

Bravery:B+ Able to resist mental thaumaturgy of equivalent rank in power. Among the first to charge forward in the name of Qin Shi Huang to bring order to the lands of China.

Noble Phantasm

Charge Forth! In the name of the Emperor!:B+(Anti-Army)
    Saber's armor pulsates as warriors wielding various weapons arise from the depths of the earth. They charge forward with a war cry stabbing or trampling all in their path.

History:
    Saber is a warrior from the time of Qin Shi Huang, the first emperor of China and the one who unified the kingdoms of China under his banner. Though he has forgotten his name, he proudly remembers that he served the emperor diligently. In most cases he would be a wraith who would never be summoned as a heroic spirit. However under the amalgam of his fellow brothers in arms nameless legion of the Terracotta Army. He can be summoned as a representative of the army under the class of Saber. If the Terracotta Army was summoned under another class it would be a different wraith to take up the mantle.

Personality:
    Saber is an honor bound warrior who will obey his master to the letter considering them a proxy of his glorious emperor. However should they prove evil, Saber will smite them and search out for a master of the alignment of Good. Should he not find a master in time, he will accept his fate and return to his brothers in arms.
    My Servant Comepndium
    Make Middle-Earth great again!

The War of the Wonders
    In a war between the Wonders of the Ancient World, the first one to complete theirs was, ironically, the one woman who hadn’t actually built hers.

Of course the advantage in building would go to the Casters. I didn’t know how Semiramis had convinced the others to join her; maybe they thought that an alliance was their best bet after she had started off by annihilating the builder of the Temple of Artemis (whose name I didn’t know off the top of my head) before they even had a chance. Perhaps she had used seduction, or had poisoned Chares and Phidias and was using the antidote as leverage. I suppose it didn’t matter. Ptolemy and Mausolus were too steeped in their pride as rulers to serve under her, but the sculptors were not. In short order, the Lighthouse of Alexandria’s searing light and the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus’ army of undead cavalry had also been crushed. And now they came for Rider and me.

We were harder to find, of course, because Rider’s plan didn’t involve any building at all. She was beside me on the plane, in spirit form. I wasn’t sure how she could do it while in an insubstantial state, but I got the sense she was pointedly avoiding looking out the window. Was she afraid of heights?

“This is how commoners travel, Master. If you had let me handle transportation we could have taken the scenic route, seen all the beauties of this new world before ending it at the greatest of them all.” Rider’s voice echoed in my mind. Still pissed about having to sit in economy class, I see.

“Your ship doesn’t go much faster through the air than it does on water. I don’t like how Semiramis was able to finish her Hanging Gardens so quickly; it should have taken her at least a few more days. Something isn’t right.”

“Of all the enemies we have trouble with, it’s no surprise that it would be her,” Rider said factually. “Aside from me, she is the only other real spellcaster and demigod. And woman.”

“And what among those three is the most dangerous part?” I asked with a grin.

“What indeed.” There was also a smile in her voice.

An electronic tone sounded, and a voice came out of the intercom, “Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We are beginning our descent into Cairo International Airport. The local time is 2:10 PM and the weather is partly cloudy at a balmy 28 degrees. In a few minutes you will be able to see the Great Pyramids of Giza on the right side of the plane-“ I was no longer listening because Rider had suddenly materialized to press her face against the window. The gorgeous tanned-skin queen, who was normally so composed, was staring wide-eyed at the massive piles of stone, about 50 kilometers away. I couldn’t blame her; people had been having similar reactions for thousands of years.

The only reason I noticed the dark clouds was because of our position high in the sky. As we came in from the north, it was quite clearly making a beeline to the Pyramids from the west. It was the Gardens; it couldn’t be anything else. Was she using Zeus’ lightning and thunder as propulsion? How else could she match the speed of a jetliner? Rider had finally torn herself away from the Pyramids long enough to notice it. Her eyes narrowed as turbulence shook around us, “That just leaves the Colossus unaccounted for. Whatever method the Queen of Assyria has used to build her Garden, she’s given it to the sculptors too. We have to get off this pla-“

There was an explosive sound of the plane decompressing, and I was thrown to the ground. An arrow as thick as my entire body had torn through the cabin wall at the tail end of the plane. No sooner had the aircraft began shaking and turning that Rider had grabbed my wrist and dragged me down the aisle.

“Uraeus!” Rider shouted. The ever-present guardian of the Pharaoh, a massive red cobra materialized in front of her, clearing us a path through the flying debris and people. We reached the cockpit, Rider shoving the unconscious pilot out of his seat. She began to turn the plane away from the airport, and turned west, towards the Pyramids.

“Are you insane!?” I yelled, barely audible over the groaning of the fuselage and the rushing wind. Rider turned her head around, gave me a patronizing smile and said in an innocent voice, “First class seems quite reasonable now, doesn’t it?”

My ears were popping from our rapid descent, and my adrenaline was raging, letting me see every detail of the city below us, and the massive amount of flying soldiers waiting to intercept us. “Rider, the Colossus is going to hit us again!”

“I’m counting on it.” Oh shit, she is insane. Just as the plane was about to collide with the flying legion, Uraeus sprayed his burning venom into the floor, melting a hole for us to jump out. The plane suddenly became very small in my vision, and I was able to see the entire scene now. The Colossus was flying in a chariot behind us, its hand outstretched. It launched an orange beam of light from its fingers, and the plane exploded in a massive fireball right as it smashed into the first line of flying golems. Now that we had a smokescreen, Rider conjured her ship and we descended towards the Pyramids, our momentum greatly speeding the ship up.

There was another explosion as the Colossus launched more arrows at the Pyramids, punching large holes in the side, but they didn’t do much damage overall. Rider sailed her ship over the Great Sphinx, muttering an incantation as she got closer. The ship stopped, and she touched a hand to the ancient statue’s forehead. It shuddered and stood up. I watched, stunned, as the eroded and noseless face was restored, except now that I saw it next to Rider, it looked clearly feminine and identical to her. As we circled around the Pyramid, putting it between us and the Colossus and the Gardens, the sand around the Sphinx coalesced into massive wings and it lifted off towards the cloud of smoke that the soldiers were searching inside. It tore into them and was met by the Colossus’ arrows and sunbeams, molten stone and glass sloughing off of it. But being two hundred tons of heavy stone, it didn’t slow down as it charged towards the giant and smashed into it at full speed. There was a shockwave, and the giant was knocked off its chariot and fell spinning end over end towards the earth, where it made another shockwave as the thirty-meter-tall automata met the ground.

By now, Rider and I had disembarked in the very top of the Pyramid. Looking at her, with her arms outstretched, and at the surrounding land, I could see how she stood above all else, building this tower to heaven and placing herself among the gods. No wonder the people had loved her so.

In a voice clear and pure as a bell, Rider intoned, “In the name of Khnum, the lord of earth, I claim my Horizon. ARISE!”

There was an electric sound as the Pyramid immediately became a few meters taller, a casing of white and gold now covering the ancient stone steps, and a rumble as it slowly lifted off the ground. The Great Pyramid of Giza was now restored to its original glory.

There was an enraged scream from the sky as the Hanging Gardens began glowing red with more spells than I could count ready to be launched at us. Now that Semiramis was only a mile away, I could see the gleaming white Statue of Zeus standing on a platform, glowing lightning bolts in hand. On the ground, a ways away, the Colossus of Rhodes was back on its feet, sprinting towards us. Rider didn’t make any gestures or incantations. In an instant, stone golems, human bodied with ram heads, erupted from the walls of the Pyramid. Four more winged Sphinxes sprung up from each corner. Nearly three thousand troops to match those of our enemies. And it had barely made a dent in the Pyramid’s stone or Rider’s prana.

Three Wonders of the Ancient World against one. Three EX-ranked Anti-World Noble Phantasms against one.

For the first time in this strange Holy Grail War, it was an even fight.
    My headcanon is that all the Wonders of the World are flying fortresses and/or mechs. Deal with it. Also: #100.

Class: Rider
    Alternate Class: Caster

STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: C
    MGI: B
    LCK: C

Class Skills

Riding (A+): Can use Phantasmal and Divine Beasts as mounts.
    This privilege is afforded due to her status as ruler of Egypt.

Magic Resistance (B): Cancels spells three verses or shorter.

Personal Skills

Heka (A): The magecraft of Ancient Egypt, which uses the soul's power to influence the gods and
    borrow their power. Wards, healing and transfiguration are central elements of its usage. Rider
    also specializes in manipulation of earth and summoning of golems and familiars. Her competency
    is enough to qualify for the Caster class.

Charisma (A): Can be said to have achieved the greatest level of popularity as a human being. Indeed,
    pharaohs are among the most venerated and powerful rulers of all, and Rider left the greatest mark
    on Egypt that can be seen even today.

Divinity (A):
    As part of a long line of pharaohs, Rider and her human ancestors are considered deities
    in their own right. Rider dedicated herself to Khnum, the god of earth and creation, gaining herself
    an image as a divine builder.

Equipment: Rider is equipped with a spear, shield, bow and arrows. She can also summon a flying
    ship, about forty meters in length, to serve as transportation. Despite its significance as her
    solar funerary barge, it is not a Noble Phantasm. She can summon one at a time initially, but many
    more are contained inside her Noble Phantasm, giving her a large fleet of troop transports.

Noble Phantasm

Great Pyramid of Giza~The King's Horizon (EX, Anti-World)

The oldest of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, and the only one that remains intact in the modern day.
    Built as a massive construction project spanning twenty years, it towered over the entire world as the tallest
    man-made structure for over thirty eight centuries. Like other Ancient Wonders, Rider requires worldly materials
    to manifest it; however, the Great Pyramid takes this one step further. The manifestation is made both easier
    and harder in that Rider's massive tomb still exists in modern-day Egypt, so rather than acquiring materials and
    taking days to build a copy, the quickest option available is to simply stand on the peak of the Pyramid in Giza
    and invoke her right as its builder, restoring it to its former glory. Either way, the Pyramid works as a flying
    fortress containing all of Rider's treasures and books of wisdom, including documents written by the god Thoth.
    Covered in limestone and electrum, the Pyramid boasts enormous defensive properties and fuels itself by absorbing
    the rays of the sun, which can be conducted along the outside to fire beams of searing light. Within the Pyramid,
    all of Rider's parameters are ranked up and she has nearly six million tons of stone to use as she desires, letting
    her change the layout of the interior and animate an enormous amount of troops. The greatest and most powerful of
    these are Sphinxes, identical to the famous statue named Abu el-Hol and possessing all the power of the original
    Divine Beasts. Each weighs two hundred tons, so Rider's only limit in creating legions of them is time, something
    the thick walls of her flying Pyramid gives her in abundance.

True Identity
    Khufu was the second Pharaoh of the Fourth Dynasty of the Old Kingdom in Ancient Egypt. Although her Great Pyramid
    has incredible fame, ironically, the only depiction of the king herself is a small ivory statue nine centimeters tall.
    Stories by Greek historians tell that she was a cruel and despotic ruler, but she dismisses these as the insecurities
    of those who could not hope to reach the heavens as she did. Indeed, in order to maintain a kingdom and a military
    for as long as she did, not to mention the massive manpower needed to build her Pyramid, she had to be loved by her
    people (who, by the way, were paid handsomely for their work; the very idea that she used slaves is absurd!).

Summer Event FC
    Last edited by Funderfullness; August 13th, 2017 at 09:28 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Given that the gender of pharaohs was largely irrelevant, I will excuse the genderbend this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Wow, that snippet with all the Wonders Of The World colliding sounds insanely badass. Somebody really needs to write a full fic based on that. (Though I'm not sure if you could actually fit the builders into all seven Classes)

Though it's mostly her NP that stands out, Khufu herself is very well-done all around. Again, the pyramids are freaking hype and is something I definitely wouldn't mind seeing something like that in a canonical Fate spinoff some day (wonder how hers would clash against Ozy's Ramesseum Tentyris). Her personality also sounds entertaining and a bit similar to Nero in a 'hammy and ambitious, but benevolent tyrant' way. Plus, you know, being a cute girl.

The only other thing I can say is I'm a little curious why her giant red serpent ("Uraeus" as she calls it) isn't one of her NPs or indeed mentioned in the rest of her sheet at all. Especially since she's a Rider who would normally have a beast or mount of some kind as a Noble Phantasm (admittedly, you did account for that with her ship-summoning ability, but still...). Just seems like a curious omission.

In any case, great sheet! Oh and, nice job on the Monster Girl Quest FC.

I'd like to think that Khufu can take over any Pyramids, including the ones in Ramaesseum Tentyris, maybe with a contested check of some sort?

Uraeus isn't an NP because originally instead of giving her Charisma, Divinity, etc like the canon Pharaohs, I had given her this skill I made up for King Tut:

Pharaoh (A+): Known as the "Courtier of the High House", Archer was a ruler of Egypt, revered as the sun god Ra. This skill conveys the same benefits of Charisma and Divinity of the same rank, and allows Archer to manifest pharaonic insignias of the crook, flail and uraeus. Made of heavy bronze, they show that Archer is a shepherd whose beneficence is formidably tempered with might. The crook and flail allow him to exhibit a dominating presence, forcing others to obey him. This can be resisted by high ranks in Charisma and Divinity. Lastly is the uraeus, the symbol of Wad-jet that adorns Archer's forehead, which is used to unleash a blast of flame at close range. Though these are symbols of the Pharaoh, they are not Noble Phantasms in their own right.
    It didn't seem worth it to make an NP that every pharaoh has. And because I couldn't shop the snake out of the FCs as well as I thought I could.

Also, class didn't end up mattering in the War of the Wonders snippet; you're either a Caster or a Rider, I guess.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; September 25th, 2016 at 08:59 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    It's a good sheet overall. My only concern is more so my own confusion over the categories of Noble Phantasms. I never understood how the Hanging Gardens qualified as Anti-World, so the same goes for the Great Pyramid. It seems more like an flying aircraft carrier than anything else...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Constructman View Post
    It's a good sheet overall. My only concern is more so my own confusion over the categories of Noble Phantasms. I never understood how the Hanging Gardens qualified as Anti-World, so the same goes for the Great Pyramid. It seems more like an flying aircraft carrier than anything else...
    I think it's Anti-World because it creates its own 'world' in some way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    I'd like to think that Khufu can take over any Pyramids, including the ones in Ramaesseum Tentyris, maybe with a contested check of some sort?

Uraeus isn't an NP because originally instead of giving her Charisma, Divinity, etc like the canon Pharaohs, I had given her this skill I made up for King Tut:

It didn't seem worth it to make an NP that every pharaoh has. And because I couldn't shop the snake out of the FCs as well as I thought I could.
    Ah. See, I didn't know enough about Egyptian mythology to tell all that. For all I knew, the snake might've been something she specifically owned.

Blog Entries
    It's just logical. Before you dismiss a Skill's attribution as completely baseless, at least try to think if there could be a consistent reason behind it.
    Except I didn't know about it to begin with.

I am your disillusioned future self from an alternate timeline, come to show you the futility of your ideals! Try as you might, you cannot deny
    me
    yourself
    mwahahahahaa!!

Apparently I've become EMIYA, now. Or at least, EMIYA as a cartoon supervillain...
    Oh hell no.

He has IP long before his FGO debut, in Prototype Fragments.
    No wonder, I never read it 'cause I assumed it was terrible (and I don't think I was wrong to think that).

Friendly neighborhood Dark Lord! Mr.Obsidian's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Not Worth anything yet
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Except I didn't know about it to begin with.

Oh hell no.

No wonder, I never read it 'cause I assumed it was terrible (and I don't think I was wrong to think that).
    Dont worry, at least you're future self didn't lose to some hairy ass midgets and the creature related to Willem Dafoe.
    My Servant Comepndium
    Make Middle-Earth great again!

JP Friend Code
    It's definitely not terrible. Sure it's not a masterpiece of literature or something but it's good enough. It has a decent amount of good moments and lore references. I'd rate it slightly higher than Apocrypha.

Since the series is ending now, you can wait for a complete translation then read it. Save your judgement after you've done with that instead of making assumptions then ignore it only for others to correct you later when you make false assumptions again.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; September 26th, 2016 at 12:48 AM.

Blog Entries
    Since the series is ending now, you can wait for a complete translation then read it. Save your judgement after you've done with that instead of making assumptions then ignore it only for others to correct you later when you make false assumptions again.
    Oh, no, I've since caught up with it.

JP Friend Code
    That doesn't make sense, because if you've caught up with it you should know about Ozy' having IP there and not saying this:

No wonder, I never read it 'cause I assumed it was terrible.
    Either way, this shows you're just like Royd.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That doesn't make sense, because if you've caught up with it you should know about Ozy' having IP there and not saying this:
    nah shrapnel just read all of fragments up till ozy's death in 40 mins
    and the first parts aren't even translated!
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.