Page 72 of 858 FirstFirst ... 22626770717273747782122172572 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexcoene View Post
    @Adlet: You weren't kidding when you said she was powerful! But yeah, like you said, it's pretty justified considering her legend. I like that while her NP are very powerful, they have enough limitations to not be completely broken.

As a side-note, I made some change to my Jesus sheet, manly replacing his Battle Continuation with a more fitting skill.
    Oh I forgot to comment on that Jesus sheet, but I had a few suggestions. I'd suggest raising Charisma to at least A+ rank considering Jesus should be on the same level of Charisma as Gilgamesh, Buddha and Hideyoshi. Also unless it was intentional, his Divinity works better as A++ or EX ranked, I think. According to Martha he's located in the Throne of Gods rather than the Throne of Heroes which suggests he has a rank higher than A since a part of a hero is still located in the Throne of Heroes at that rank.

Magic Resistance might warrant a rank up too, perhaps. Not too sure about this one, but Jeanne has EX rank due to her unwavering piety as a main reason and since Jesus quite definitely had unwavering piety towards his God, he'd probably have the same Magic Resistance as Jeanne. EX rank, but instead of negating magic it just averts it from him.

That's about it, I think. I'm surprised he out of all people doesn't have an EX ranked NP considering that just through the virtue of drinking from a cup and being stabbed by an ordinary spear he turned both of those into EX ranked NPs (well, presumably in the other case if Longinus really is as powerful if not more powerful than Rhongomyniad), but that's fine. Maybe you just didn't want him to come off as overpowered.

It's a cool sheet idea all in all.

Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    Adlet, you misspelled "sacred" as "scared" a couple of times. The bear is the most scared of animals, indeed.
    Oh did I? Hmm aight, I'll fix it.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlet View Post
    Oh I forgot to comment on that Jesus sheet, but I had a few suggestions. I'd suggest raising Charisma to at least A+ rank considering Jesus should be on the same level of Charisma as Gilgamesh, Buddha and Hideyoshi. Also unless it was intentional, his Divinity works better as A++ or EX ranked, I think. According to Martha he's located in the Throne of Gods rather than the Throne of Heroes which suggests he has a rank higher than A since a part of a hero is still located in the Throne of Heroes at that rank.

Magic Resistance might warrant a rank up too, perhaps. Not too sure about this one, but Jeanne has EX rank due to her unwavering piety as a main reason and since Jesus quite definitely had unwavering piety towards his God, he'd probably have the same Magic Resistance as Jeanne. EX rank, but instead of negating magic it just averts it from him.

That's about it, I think. I'm surprised he out of all people doesn't have an EX ranked NP considering that just through the virtue of drinking from a cup and being stabbed by an ordinary spear he turned both of those into EX ranked NPs (well, presumably in the other case if Longinus really is as powerful if not more powerful than Rhongomyniad), but that's fine. Maybe you just didn't want him to come off as overpowered.
    I changed the sheet with your suggestion, and I changed his last NP to EX. You're right, I didn't want to make him OP, but now I think that's fine since it won't activate until his death anyway.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Source
    Class: Berserker (Can be summoned as Saber and Assassin)
    True Name: Sir Gaheris
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Place of Origin: Great Britain (Camelot)
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Human
    Armament:
    Armour, Sword

STR: B
    END: A
    AGI: A
    MGI: C
    LCK: D
    NP: B

Height/Weight: 173cm/70kg
    Dislikes: Pellinore, Lamorak
    Talent: Failure
    Natural Enemy: Lancelot, Morgan le Fay

Class Skills:

• Mad Enhancement (C) - Rank up for all parameters except Luck and Mana, but in exchange one can no longer think and speak properly.

As Assassin

• Presence Concealment (B) - The capacity to hide one's presence as a Servant. However, efficiency will decrease once preparations to attack are taken. This level is high enough to the Servant very hard to detect, though not impossible.

Personal Skills:
    • Disgrace of the Round Table (B) - Despite striving to be a great knight like Gawain, he continually struggled until his code braking action caused his exile from the Round Table and he became what he hated most. Reflecting on this, when Gaheris is facing an un-chivalrous opponent he will receive a Rank-Up to all his parameters in combat but when facing someone of a knightly disposition his parameters will receive a Rank-Down in combat.
    • Knightly Attendant (A+) - A skill representing one's ability to serve their superiors. Gaheris served as his brother's page and squire in his youth. When working in co-operation with knightly individuals he gains a plus modifier for every check and the success rate of all saving throws are doubled.

As Assassin

• Planning (C) - Tactical thinking meant for assassinating a target. Unlike Military Tactics, this is constricted to only assassination missions in which few people are involved.

Noble Phantasms

Galatine Morgause (Anti-Army) (B+) - The Noble Phantasm possessed by Gaheris. An dull coloured ornate longsword adored with silver accessories inscribed with farie letters. It is an imitation of The Reborn Sword of Victory possessed by the Knight of the Sun. Although it was only an imitation of a holy sword forged by mortal hands, it was corrupted by Gaheris' act of matricide and renamed by Gaheris to remind him of his great sin.
    Modelled after his eldest brothers sword, it is somewhat similar in function in releasing a curved arc of prana imbued with the 'Heat' element. However like Gaheris himself, it is weaker that its counterpart and will never attain the same level of glory.

Llaw Melltigedig Right Arm from the Witch (Support) (B) - The right arm of Gaheris, said to be longer than the left. Not a natural occurrence but instead a mutation unknowingly granted to him by his aunt Morgan le Fay. It functions as a passive Noble Phantasm that creates a miasma that affects the mind of its wielder; altering his attack power depending on his emotional state and the strength of his bond with his target. Should he be completely calm and placid, the cursed arm will have no effect however should he be in a highly emotive state (say, mad with grief and despair as a Berserker) all attacks will be granted an automatic Rank-Up. Should he completely love or hate someone with all his heart, his arm will move of its own free will as he gains a Rank-Up to STR which will strike down the target.

This was created in part of one of Morgan le Fay's many schemes to create a knight to serve her - not that it ever came to fruition. Gaheris himself is not even aware of its existence. Only a Ruler class servant with a high ranked True Name Discernment skill or his own master will discover its true nature.

Lore

Sir Gaheris was the son of King Lot of Orkney and a brother of Gawain. He first appears in Arthurian tradition accompanying his mother, Morgause, to the court of King Arthur around the time Mordred was "conceived". Gaheris was the squire to Gawain and help to calm his elder brother and offered sage advice until he was knighted himself by recommendation of Gawain himself. His father was killed by King Pellinore and his child Sir Lamorak at the King Arthur's wedding feast during a jousting match, resulting in Gawain declaring he would kill Pellinore on the spot. Gaheris stopped his brother and told him to wait until Gaheris was a full knight.

As time passed, Gaheris was a steadfast companion of Gawain but he could not let the events go unpunished and his need for vengeance festered in him like a tumour.

King Pellinore was a talented fighter who had Arthur in his youth and Lamorak was Camelot's third greatest knight; below Lancelot and Tristan but above Gawain so he knew direct conflict would not bode well so he orchestrated a tactical revenge killing where Gaheris eventually hunted down the pair with his brothers Gawain, Agravain and the young Mordred. His sister Gareth refused to participate.

In an calm and tactical madness he assassinated Pellinore with a knife to the back and stormed to Lamorak's chambers. Here he found Lamorak in flagrante delicto with his mother Morgause. Being unable to process the events of what occurred his sword arm swung forth and he slew his mother. This broke down Gaheris completely and when caught in despair and grief, Lamorak grabbed a sword and jumped out the window. Allowing rage to consume him again he pursued Lamorak and duelled him. He is only able to fight defensively against the knight and only survived due to Mordred stabbing the unarmoured Lamorak in the back.

He initially placed the blame of Morgause's death upon Lamorak but when Arthur and the brothers discover Gaheris is Morgause's slayer, he is banished from court. Years later he returned to Camelot in secret in an attempt to stop Mordred revealing the affair between Lancelot and Guinevere in an attempt to redeem himself. Although he failed, he did volunteer to guard the Queen's execution with his sister Gareth so he could achieve at least some good.

Then along came Lancelot screaming like a maniac and killed the pair of them.

Personality

Gaheris is hardly a knight in shining armour - having killed his mother as well as orchestrating the revenge killing of Lamorak and Pellinore. And he knows it. He idolises his brother Gawain, whom he strives to emulate. He truly tries to do good and help but at the final moment something will always go wrong. Although as a Berserker it is difficult to see, he is deeply depressed that all his attempts to live as a hero have only ended in failure - he finds being summoned in this class almost a relief as him mind cannot focus on specific faults such as the killing of Morgause which haunts him greatly. A tragic servant who embodies the fact that "not everyone can be a hero."

He is very fond of his siblings and finds them all flawless, even Agravain and Mordred. In addition to his idolisation of Gawain, he is fond of "friendly bullying" his sister Gareth, where he even married the tsundere woman Gareth rescued and continued to mock her.

Also he is the only one who can stomach Gawain's food - he even seems to enjoy it.

Tactics

Gaheris is an excellent Berserker. Although a member of the Knights of the Round Table, who are all high tier servants, he is arguably the among the weakest members and benefits from the power boost the most.

His second Noble Phantasm works well under constant conditions as a Berserker which maximises his attack power. Regarding his skills however, it can make combating those of the three knight classes difficult. The best thing to do would be to ally yourself with either the weakest master of those servants or the master of the weakest 'knight' servant and team up to kill the others before turning on them yourself - alternatively just kill the master yourself as Berserker would be at a disadvantage.

Last edited by Bird of Hermes; November 7th, 2016 at 06:25 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gaheris: From what I've heard, his legend was fairly sparse so I'm a little surprised you managed to come up with so much for him. Well, his NPs you more or less had to completely make up (with some lore backing). Disgrace Of The Round Table reminds me somewhat of the Hypocrisy Skill I gave Cromwell ages back, with the rank up or down depending on his opponent. I wonder how he'd fare in combat with my Pellinor Servant? (Presuming that given the animosity between them, they'd immediately try and fight each other)

Overall, not bad. NPs are a little on the generic side but I understand you may not've had that much to work with here. And his personality is definitely interesting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    True Name: Sir Gaheris
    I'm not feeling it, at all.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    Also, googling Yorimitsu comes up with images of Raita's boob monster.
    this is sad because she's never even called Yorimitsu

thanks English fanbase

- - - Updated - - -

googling hidesato brings up pictures of Touta

rip

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Gaheris: From what I've heard, his legend was fairly sparse so I'm a little surprised you managed to come up with so much for him. Well, his NPs you more or less had to completely make up (with some lore backing). Disgrace Of The Round Table reminds me somewhat of the Hypocrisy Skill I gave Cromwell ages back, with the rank up or down depending on his opponent. I wonder how he'd fare in combat with my Pellinor Servant? (Presuming that given the animosity between them, they'd immediately try and fight each other)

Overall, not bad. NPs are a little on the generic side but I understand you may not've had that much to work with here. And his personality is definitely interesting.
    There was very little on the guy so you were right with the NP's. Yeah they're a bit generic but I tried to tie it into the lore. As for Pellinore, it would be a case of attacking him on sight. But going through all his legends and for a knight of the round table, his only "legend" is that he killed Morgause.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    I'm not feeling it, at all.
    Eh, don't blame you. There was very little on the guy.

Blog Entries
    Trying out a new format. Let the Marie otome game begin.

Faceclaim

Class: Caster
    True Name: Joseph II, Holy Roman Emperor
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Attribute: Man

STR: D+
    AGI: C
    END: E
    MGI: B
    LCK: D
    NP: B

Keywords

Maria Theresa
    The Empress Dowager of the Holy Roman Empire, as well as the last member of the house of Habsburg. She mothered many children, some of whom, like Joseph and Maria Antonia, went on to become monarchs in various territories.

She was, without a doubt, superhuman, in both being an empress and a mother. Since the beginning of her life, she was faced with adversity due to being born female, which meant she had to work twice as hard to be recognized and respected. It seems this hellish work ethic spread to her family life, leading her to push her children to their limits (and then some) in order for her to be satisfied with their conditions, a trait which led to many a conflict between mother and children.

Incidentally, it was later confirmed that she was born with an abundance of high-quality Magic Circuits, a trait which she seems to have passed onto her children.

Imperial Regalia
    A set of treasures that hold the authority vested onto the Holy Roman Emperor by his peers and by God through the Church. It is an expansive term used to refer to a large set of items, including the Imperial Sword, Crown, several highly prized relics, as well as a Spear of Destiny.

Due to surviving the Middle Ages and persisting unto the present, the Regalia have accumulated a great amount of mystery, making them highly effective Mystic Codes. Additionally, Caster is only summoned with a limited fraction of the Regalia because only the sword, orb, crown, and robes were used in the investiture of the Holy Roman Emperor.

Skills:

Territory Creation: B
    The ability to secure a location for one’s purposes. Caster can create a “workshop” sufficient for his purposes.

Charisma: C
    The ability to lead an army. A rank of B in this skill is sufficient for the ruler of a country. Normally, Caster would have this skill at B rank, but since he was summoned in a younger form where he did not have much military experience, he obtains a C-rank indicative of his identity as a child of royalty.

Omen of the Supreme Ruler: C
    Ability that allows for the borrowing of certain attributes from an older incarnation. Because Caster was summoned at the time of his youth, there is not much he can do in combat. However, by utilizing this skill, he increases the chances of succeeding in all sorts of rolls, including combat-related ones. However, this borrowing imposes a rank-down on the LCK parameter.

Mother’s Guidance: A
    A skill that denotes maternal guidance and protection that somehow persists even unto the present day. For much of his early life, Caster was Holy Roman Emperor in name only, while the true power lay in the hands of his mother, Empress Maria Theresa. Even unto adulthood, the Empress continued to nag/influence her son in many ways. The skill decreases the chances of unfavorable rolls and functions as a sort of “mental voice” that allows Caster to sense the best path to victory. However, Caster deliberately represses the latter effect, since, in his own words, the voice telling him what to do sounds annoyingly like his mother.

Noble Phantasm:
    Reichskleinodien
    God Crowns His Appointed Ruler

Type: Anti-Unit (self), Anti-Army
    Range: 1-15
    Max targets: 1 person

A set of ceremonial robes, crown, scepter, and orb that together, constitute a part of the Imperial Regalia of the Holy Roman Empire. Being the first Emperor to be invested into the office in such a manner for over a hundred years, Caster has strong ties with the regalia, and utilizes them as his Noble Phantasm in this form. Similar in nature to a certain Noble Phantasm possessed by another member of the family, it is a crystallization of the glory and divinely ordained authority of the monarchy.

Once Caster dons the regalia, he gains a boost in all parameters due to a type of self-suggestion. Additionally, all attacks made while the Noble Phantasm is active will receive the “holy” attribute, and all who gaze upon him will be inflicted with mental damage. The splendor of the royalty is not only for the sake of fashion or tradition, but also an exercise of the power that separates the monarchy from the common people.

Lore

Dislikes: Baths, wastefulness
    Talent: Bossing people around
    Natural enemy: Mother

Joseph II was the eldest son of Emperor Francis I and Maria Theresa and Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire from 1765 to 1790. He instated many reforms within the empire, such as religious toleration, secularization, and abolition of censorship. His reign, however, was troubled with many setbacks both public and private. In the end, he died after witnessing his two wives and only child die, as well as being unable to finish anything he started.

However, the Joseph II summoned in this form is not the man plagued by misfortune, but rather, a boy on the verge of becoming king, who, having developed all the talents of an ideal ruler, is a spirit full of possibilities. One could probably call this his “Lily” form, however, ridiculous that is.
    Hardworking and perspicacious. But also childish and petulant. Joseph manifests all of these qualities while spending time in this world. Of course, he styles himself as a lord and his summoner as a faithful retainer, or maybe even less than that. He does, however, treat them with a measure of respect, since at his core, he is one who wishes for the happiness of his people. Even if it is only based on his own criteria.

Regarding his wish to the Holy Grail, it’s probably something along the lines of “I want to be the best emperor ever”. Despite history proving otherwise, it is not an impossible desire, seeing as he is faced with an omnipotent wish-granter. Besides, it’s probably fine to let a young man like himself dream of the future, right? Right.

Here is my third biblical servant in a row, and I don't even believe in this stuff. Anyways, I saw a few profiles about this guy, but I wanted to make my own version. I just hope he's not too powerful.

Class: Archer
    True Name: Nimrod
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Dislikes: Gods, Cartoons
    Personnality:

Archer is driven, to say the least. He is completely obsessed with freeing humanity from the god's tyranny. He is convinced that gods only wants to bring down humans and stop them from reaching their true potentials because they're scared of being brought down from their thrones. He often make use of himself as an exemple that one need not so-called divine assistance to achieve great feats, and look down on those that relies on gods. Trying to rebut his claim by reminding him that his rebellion against God ended very badly for him will be answered by a claim that it only prove the divine being's pettiness and vindictiveness. He will use whatever means available to achieve his dream of a god-free world, ultimatly seeing his own master as a stepping stone in his path.

His favorite hobby is of course hunting. He enjoys challenging himself by taking on difficult prey like Phantasmal Beasts. However, he hate cartoons almost as much as gods, mainly because of a certain rabbit that made his name a term for foolishness in popular american culture.

Stats-
    Strength- C

Endurance- C
    Agility- C
    Mana- E
    Luck- E
    NP- A++

Class Skills-

Magic Resistance- D
    Cancel two-action spells. Protection on the level of a amulet that grant prtoection. Despite being from the ages of god, Archer met either none or very few magic in his life.

Independant Action- A
    The ability to continue existing in this world without a master. At this level, one is able to remain a long time in this world . However, one need help from a master to use more mana-demanding abilities. Archer rebelled against God, the biggest existing authority of his time.

Personnal Skills-

Charisma- A
    Skills that represent the servant's ability to lead and be liked by his people. Archer founded a great kingdom before his people were scattered by god.

Master of Babel- B

The ability to speak the Unified Language, wich existed before all other languages. It is spoken directly trough the root, allowing it to be used as a powerful form of telepathy and mind control. Archer was one of the last speakers of this language, and after God's punishment, the only inhabitant of his kingdom still able to speak it.

Rejection of The Divine- A
    Ability given to those who were famous for rebelling and standing against divine spirit in their legend. Against an opponent with Divinity, all of Archer's parameter are ranked-up. It also give him Nature of a Rebellious Spirit at an equal rank. Archer attempted to surpass God trough his tower.

Innocent Monster- B
    The servant's legend has been distorted by their monstrous reputation and their appearance and ability have been modified. Archer was described as a wicked geant in medieval traditions and thus has a more sinister appearance and is taller than he was in life.

Monstrous Strength
    - C
    The ability to tap into one's monstrous heritage to temporarly increase one's strength for a duration determined by the rank of this skill. Archer's distorted nature as a giant allow him the use of this skill.

Noble Phantasm-

Mighty Hunter Before The Lord ~ Thrill of the hunt

(Anti-Personal, A)
    Archer is the prototypical hunter in Abrahamic legend and has founded a great kingdom not by being chosen by god, but trough his sheer charisma and hunting talent. It can be said that all later hunting technics are just imitations of his prowess. As a result, his bow has been invested with the concept of the "ideal hunting tool". While calling it's true name, Archer has to choose one other being as a target. Archer will then be able to sense their precense at all time, provided they are not at least one kilometer away from him. Secondly, Archer will be granted "special camouflage", granting the equivalent of B-rank Precense Concealment, but only in the eyes of his target. And lastly, his arrows will become "specialised" to be able to do the most damage possible to the target. For exemple, they would become silver against a werewolf or gains the properties of Divine Construct against Achilles. This Noble Phantasm has two downside: One, Archer must know the true name of his potential target and second, Archer may not choose another target until his current one is dead. After all, no one worthy to be called a hunter would just give up a prey.

Ruins of Babel ~ Punishing Division of Humanity

(Anti-Army, A)
    This Noble Phantasm represent both Archer's greatest feat and his greatest failure. It was to be humanity's greatest accomplishment: a tower that would reach the heavens, allowing Archer and his armies to overthrow God and make a new age, made by humanity for humanity. Eventually, thanks to determination, the united strength of his people and the spells of his magicians, the Tower of Babel was built. However, God was not pleased with the arrogance of the human king, and punished humanity for it.He destroyed the tower and separated the unified language into different languages, making people unable to understand each other and making it impossible to repeat the transgression. Archer's glorious kingdom was rapidly dissolved. In this form, this Noble Phantasm is not the magnificent tower built by humanity, but a manifestation of the curse the Lord cast on the foolish man.

It takes the form of the ruined base of the great tower and cast a bounded field as big as a small town. Inside this Bounded Field, all spoken words will become a garbled mess that make it impossible to speak with each other. Abilities that need for the user to say clear words, such as magic or Noble Phantasms, will become impossible to activate. Furthermore, the only effective ways of communication are means of dialogue who trancend simple words like telepathy. As such, it rob most master-servant pair of the means to cooperate, wich is capital in the Grail War. Despite this powerful effect, it is no this Noble Phantasm's ultimate form.

Tower of Babel ~ Connecting Heaven and Earth

(Anti-Divine, A++)
    The cost of maintaining it means that he can only use it rarely and in relatively short amounts of time. This Noble Phantasm restore the Tower to it's original state: a beautiful, golden tower whose end cannot be seen, no matter how high the onlooker is. It's bounded field expand anough to cover a city the size of Tokyo and it effect change dramatically. It now become the "ultimate destroyer of gods and their faith"; servants with divinity will see all of their stats rank-down by two and suffer from terrible pain that make it extremely difficult to focus. Furthermore, those who revere any form of divinity will a singular tought invading their mind: "The gods are lesser than Humanity". All skills that relies on divine beings or faith will be sealed during the duration of this Noble Phntasm. While those who truly believe in their faith will quickly recover fromthis mental attack, those whose faith is wavering might never be able to regainthese skills again. Archer's main preoccupation during the war will be to find ways to make this Noble Phantasm the longest possible and his wish for the grail will doubtless be to make it eternal and spread it across the whole world.
    Last edited by Alexcoene; November 12th, 2016 at 03:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    One thing I can say is I'm not sure if Nimrod should have Independent Action at A+. Gil had it at that rank only as a 'cheat' Skill due to being bathed in Grail mud, so I don't think it's even something that Servants can possess under normal circumstances. Just A should be enough, I'd say.

Other then that, pretty good sheet.

One thing I can say is I'm not sure if Nimrod should have Independent Action at A+. Gil had it at that rank only as a 'cheat' Skill due to being bathed in Grail mud, so I don't think it's even something that Servants can possess under normal circumstances. Just A should be enough, I'd say.

Other then that, pretty good sheet.
    Okay , I lowered it.

JP Friend Code
    He has it at A+ in FGO

And Orion, and Euryale.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    He has it at A+ in FGO

And Orion, and Euryale.
    Kind of odd. I mean, it's specifically described as an ability that bends the rules of the Holy Grail War.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Every HGW have different set of rules anyway.

JP Friend Code
    There is no HGW in GO

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Consensus View Post
    True Name: Joseph II, Holy Roman Emperor
    Surprising to see this guy being dropped here just when I'm finishing up a Frederick the Great sheet lol. I was pretty shocked no one did Frederick, Maria Theresa and Joseph so I was gonna attempt at doing all three maybe, but don't think I'll do Joseph since you dropped a pretty cool sheet I don't have much to add on to. I dig the idea behind the NP you picked, connects nicely to Marie. Also the faceclaim is excellent. Definitely getting male-Marie vibes here.

I dig his last two skills, especially the last one. Describes nicely how he was for the most part overshadowed by his mother. Coincidentally I picked a similar skill for Frederick that is based off on Erik Bloodaxe's skill - which I assume yours was based on too?

I've got no criticism for the sheet, but I've got a question. Is there any particular reason you dropped out the Item Construction class skill?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexcoene View Post
    True Name: Nimrod
    Cool pick for a Servant. His Magic Resistance seems a bit low for being a really old Heroic Spirit, but his Noble Phantasms are fantastic. His first Noble Phantasm makes me think he'd be the type to get obsessed with a single enemy in a HGW and his third one seems like he'd make up for a pretty decent end boss. Not much to say really, it's a pretty well thought-out sheet. Definitely a guy I'd want to see in canon at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Every HGW have different set of rules anyway.
    He probably means standard Grail War. Something like Zero's Grail War I guess, even though that one was fucked up too because Angra Mainyu was in the Grail. Other HGWs we've seen have more or less been fucked rule-wise one way or another.
    Last edited by Adlet; November 2nd, 2016 at 01:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    Now with 200% more lurk moar

Appearance (roughly)

Class: Assassin
    True Name: Culhwch
    Alias: Hero of the First Branch of the Mabinogion
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Origin: Culhwch and Olwen
    Region: Wales, Britain

Strength - C
    Endurance- C
    Agility- A+
    Mana- C
    Luck- A
    NP- B

Height/Weight:
    Dislikes: Stubborn people, waiting
    Talent: Getting large groups of people to rally to his cause
    Natural Enemy: Ysbaddaden
    Armament: Poisonous darts, disguising mantle

Class skills:

Presence Concealment (False): (A+)
    While Assassin's Presence Concealment skill under ordinary circumstances might be considered less than zero due to his nature, one of his Noble Phantasms affords him the rank necessary to qualify.

Personal skills:

Projectile (Darts): (A)
    The poisoned darts that Ysbaddaden once wielded against Culhwch and his friends. After pleading with Ysbaddaden to release Olwen to Culhwch, he rebuked them each time and threw one of his three darts after one person each day. While the darts that the giant king threw at Bedivere and Menw were returned with equal force, it was Culhwch that seized the third dart and threw it back with enough force to blow out the back of the giant's skull. Highly precise and coated with a fast acting poison, Assassin's strength with the dart far exceeds his strength otherwise.

Collector: (C)
    As the hero of the Anoethau, the treasures he collected during his 40 tasks going on to be known as the Thirteen Treasures of the Island of Great Britain, Assassin has a preternatural magnetism to magical treasures.

Noble Phantasm(s)

Gwenn Arlach
    O Cousin, Protect Me

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 0
    Max. Target: 1 person

The mantle of King Arthur, which was one of the few things that Arthur would not give Culhwch in life. Culhwch is able to utilize it now as a crystallization of his cousin's support during his quest for Olwen. However, Assassin might find himself in a tough spot if a certain Saber finds out about his "borrowing" without asking.
    A Mystic Code that has ascended to Noble Phantasm status, Gwenn Arlach keeps Assassin completely undetectable while under it, allowing him to see perfectly through it as well. Though seemingly without a downside as long as Assassin keeps his impatience under control, it is still just an article of clothing and as easily removed as any other. Its effects drop to zero the moment Assassin prepares to attack.

Lore

The young Welsh cousin of King Arthur. Cursed by his stepmother after refusing to be paired up with his stepsister to marry no one but Olwen, daughter of the giant king Ysbadadden. Though he has never seen her, Culhwch becomes infatuated with her, but his father warns him that he will never find her without the aid of his famous cousin Arthur. The young man immediately sets off to seek his kinsman. He finds him at his court in Celliwig in Cornwall.
    Arthur agrees to help, and sends six of his finest warriors (Kay, Bedivere, Gawain, Gwrhyr Gwalstawd Ieithoedd, Menw and Cynddylig Gyfarwydd) to join. Culhwch in his search for Olwen. The group meets some relatives of Culhwch's that know Olwen and agree to arrange a meeting. Olwen is receptive to Culhwch's attraction, but she cannot marry him unless her father agrees, and he, unable to survive past his daughter's wedding, will not consent until Culhwch completes a series of about forty impossible-sounding tasks. Fortunately for Culhwch, the completion of only a few of these tasks is recorded and the giant is killed, leaving Olwen free to marry her lover.

Personality

Described as a prettyboy with a "fair and gentle lineage" though displaying little to none of it. Pugnacious, emotional, and impatient, Culhwch seems unable to keep himself out of trouble the second he takes his great cousin's mantle off. Barred at both the gates of Arthur and Ysbadadden on separate occasions, Culhwch did what any rational and understanding man would do and refused to budge and complained and made threats until he was let inside. His lack of social tact is epitomized when he rode his horse into the middle of Arthur's court while it was in session. Though he is not without his passionate side, truly loving Olwen after finally meeting her.
    Last edited by Ail Don; November 2nd, 2016 at 05:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    Huh. I did a Culhwch sheet myself once on the old thread so it'll be interesting to compare the two. I imagined him as a Lancer but I admit, given his rather cold-blooded killing of the giant king, Assassin certainly fits as well.

Regarding his Projectiles (Darts) Skill, I think if it's just one particular dart he has in his possession then it'd be more fitting as an NP or simply listed under Equipment, rather then a Personal Skill. True Assassin's Projectiles (Daggers) was an all-purpose aptitude for throwing knives, whereas in this case it sounds more like the dart itself is special. Also, since it's a giant's dart I wonder if he could even use it as a spear given its likely immense size. (In fact, other versions of the legend describe Ysbaddaden throwing stone spears instead of darts)

At first I didn't get why Arthur's mantle gives Presence Concealment, but then I remembered the legend where it granted invisibility to anyone who wore it. It's still a bit strange that he has the one thing he specifically didn't get in the original legend as an NP, but similarly strange stuff has shown up in canon (i.e Shuten's NP being the poison that killed her) so I suppose it's acceptable. His second NP sounds more-or-less like a combination of Rule Breaker with Diarmuid's Gae Buidhe, but it works.

Frankly, I'm a little surprised there's no mention of the battle-axe "that could fall faster then the swiftest dew-drop in June" which seems to me an obvious choice for his NP. Then again, I suppose that's something he'd have if summoned as Lancer. Overall, it's an interesting sheet.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    There is no HGW in GO
    most of the singularities have been Holy Grail Wars of some sort

but yeah, that has nothing to do with the people you summon to Chaldea.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    like yeah
    a holy grail war is just
    a war for a holy grail

they even state in Apo that it doesn't even need to have Servants.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.