Page 193 of 858 FirstFirst ... 93143183188191192193194195198203243293693 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,860 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Finns stronk. TVTropes tell me Hayha could kill 8 Russians with a single bullet. And there's clearly no reason for TVTropes to lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    I actually forgot they've got a Kerry/Iri thing going on with her being able to speak through him.
    I'll remove the Supporting part from Supporting Shamanism, but the point I was going for is she sees herself completely as an equal to Eric, so giving herself more benefits than what she gave him would be like spitting on his memory to her, if that makes sense.
    Plus since she has two parameter-lowering skills already she's already deceptively OP as it is.
    Fair enough. There's no real basis to ''I doubt she's at full power while being faraway'' anyway. Just an assumption.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    And did anyone else notice the use of white/silver/equally-as-light-colored-hairs for the characters in these various sagas (The Lays, Völsunga, Nibelungenlied, Eddas, etc.)? Even canon Sumanai and Bryn.
    It signifies othernessn but also wisdom (since white hair -> old age -> wisdom).

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @ Hermes: An interesting sheet, I could very easily see this showing up in canon. Also ha - Hermes

@Jehanette 2:
    An improvement to say the least. More detail has been given alongside more flavour with Jhesus Maria being quite unorthodox so props to you.

@Gunnhild: Certainly more interesting than her husband and far more memorable... to bad we'll likely never see her in canon.

I've also nearly finished an old sheet I was challenged to a while ago and had on the backburner. The original source for the FC I was using has been deleted to I'm looking for another.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I - Alexandria
    II – Mausoleum (F/GO Spoilers, I guess)

Mata Hari danced, surrounded by flame. Drums and tambourines accompanied her, but they were both irrelevant and unnecessary. The rhythm came from her and existed only within her. She danced and paraded, and in her passing all men stopped and stared, all the while wondering what they had been doing just before. And right behind the dancer, Cleopatra’s soldiers rushed in with buckets of water to put out the many fires that threatened Alexandria.

Mata Hari danced, leaving behind a throng of confused males while pushing herself towards the men smothered in a beastly haze. Hers was the dance of peace, bringing much-needed calm to the Alexandrian evening.

*********///*********

Lap pillow.

That was the first thought that struck him upon regaining the sense of self.

Countless experiences have fine-tuned a potent sense of awareness in the Master of Chaldea. Somewhat specific in scope, but potent nonetheless. Looking up, he found himself pierced by the deep stare of a great beauty. He paid little heed to the strange yet beautiful globes of glass that filled the gloomy and dusty chamber with eerie gray light. He did not mind her impossibly pale skin or the dark spots under her eyes. He did not even pay that much attention to the black feathers on the hem of her dress, or wasted any time wondering how that dress even worked.

No, there was only her eyes. Her intense, piercing, passionate, oh-so-very familiar-looking eyes.

“…yep, I see where this is going,” he muttered quietly to himself.

“You are awake, brother,” greeted the woman with a heart-melting smile that might have just made him surrender had he not been the target of a smile just like that every single day of his life since the Orleans singularity.

He sent a wordless prayer full of gratitude to Kiyohime for preparing him for this.

He tried to get up, but even if her dainty hands had not effortlessly pushed him back down, a chill in his body rendered his muscles taut and his joints disabled. That was not normal.

As if responding to that thought, warm returned to his body from his chest outwards, as if his blood had stopped flowing until just before. That was even less normal.

“Settle down, dear,” said the woman. “You must be tired.”

“Ah, um, thank you.”

“No need to.”

The image of sweetness, devotion; unbridled affection. His mind ran through the events that brought him to that dimly lit chamber.

“…Artemisia?”

Joy. He had not known joy until that moment. Her face, contorted between smiling and holding back tears, shuddered in ways he should have found unsettling but could not help but see as heart-wrenchingly human.

“You remember my name…” The woman in black slid an impish finger along the curve of his lips, as if they were the most delicate thing in the world. Aware that she could stay like that forever if he did not push the conversation forward, the young Master tried his best.

“So, I take it we’re inside the Mausoleum.” He started by stating the obvious.

“Yes,” she said placidly. “The safest refuge for the two of us. We will not be bothered here.”

He was really counting on that not being the case.

“Our love will flourish within these walls, forever and ever…”

Yup, really hoping for that bother.

Trying to pretend her hands were not roaming his (so far still covered) chest rather possessively—and comfortably to a worrisome degree—, the young man tried to extract more info from the very talkative wife.

“Five Servants might pull it off,” he innocently suggested. “Making it here, I mean.”

Artemisia placed her hands on his cheeks, firmly holding his head in place.

“There is absolutely no need to worry, love. Even if they did overcome endless numbers of ghosts, they will be stopped by the demons. Or they will just get lost in here while we deal with them one by one. With the power of the Grail, this Mausoleum is invincible.”

That was certainly a lot of information. Firstly, there were demon guardians. Demons were always trouble. On the other hand, hearts! But more importantly, there was a Grail.

…but still, hearts!

He sent another prayer, this time hoping Mashu Hari (temp) would direct the collection of those precious, precious hearts.

“So, there is truly no reason for worry. No need to think about anything else but loving each other.”

Her lovely smile faltered for the first time since their meeting. The hands which had moved back down to his chest stilled near his shoulders, where a single finger began to trace ticklish circles.

“So, um…darling?”

“Yeah?”

“Well…it’s…I mean…” She turned her face slightly to the side, taking her eyes off him for the first time. Her pale skin made the growing blush on her cheeks all the more obvious and all the lovelier. “I know you must be tired, and we have only now found each other after forever, and we have all the time in the world from today onwards, but…well…could we…perhaps…?”

Her blushing face turned back down to face him properly, and he saw the new luster in her gleaming orbs that told him blatantly that things were moving in an interesting but very, very dangerous direction.

Alright. Interruption. Rrrrrrrrrright…now!

“May I join you for a while?” said a new voice, approaching slowly from the front, where the only entrance and exit loomed like a wide, gaping mouth to the abyss.

Thank you! Ow-ow-ow-ow-oww!

Artemisia’s hands closed on his shoulders, her nails like talons digging like the bird of prey holding to its soon-to-be-meal.

“What are you doing here?” The queen’s voice was a threat without words, but the newcomer replied to it with laughter. The strange, somewhat muffled sound came from a figure concealing her entire anatomy with dark clothing, including an ominous-looking, black horned mask that encased her whole head. While the long, modest dress could not hide her female attributes, it was not something he could see as attractive. If anything, it made this person look like a widow in mourning.

“Now that your beloved is by your side again, do you no longer have time for a friend, Artemisia?” The masked woman said in a voice he guessed sounded friendly enough. The other woman relaxed her grip on him, but only for a moment. Then he felt a pull; she was trying to get him even closer to her, and the lap pillow was about to become a breast pillow—an improvement to be encouraged in better circumstances.

“You are not needed here,” coldly declared Artemisia, and the Master idly wondered whether her reaction was the familiar-to-a-bothersome-degree yandere possessiveness, or just plain horniness.

“You should be making sure those Servants never return.”

The masked head turned from side to side.

“I have done plenty enough for today. I even went and tried my first Noble Phantasm. Unfortunately, that girl, Mata Hari; she has the advantage of close range, so she can move up to them and override my technique with her charms.” A small chuckle. “Were I a lesser person, I would feel somewhat miffed by that.”

Artemisia was clearly not in the mood for engaging in conversation with the newcomer.

“You must not amount to nearly as much as you claimed to, if the weakest among them can counter your Noble Phantasm.”

More muted laughter.

“Now you are just merely venomous, my friend.” A sigh. “You know I have no interest in your brother, Artemisia.”

She inclined her head, and for the first time he felt (for he could not see) the masked woman’s eyes bearing on him.

“The one I wish to converse with is the last Master of humanity. Would you allow me that, my friend?”

But the other woman would not budge, and the Master of Chaldea, as predicted, ended up buried in a pale and oh-so-amazingly soft bosom.

“I do not trust you near my brother.”

There was a brief moment of silence. If he was allowed to guess, the Master would have concluded the masked woman was rolling her eyes. He did catch the barely audible sigh. She then murmured something he did not quite get, but apparently something did happen because he felt Artemisia tense beneath him.

“Wait, what did you just—?”

“I did not want to have to resort to this but, Artemisia, my dear friend, you look utterly exhausted. Do you not think you deserve some rest? A brief nap, perhaps?”

The woman’s voice was plain, conversational; as if merely commenting on Artemisia’s pallor, or the bags under her eyes. But the young man could see his captor’s eyelids drop like they were made of lead, even against the woman’s obvious wishes and her mind’s commands. No, it was safe to say even her mind had shut down and switched to sleep mode in seconds.

While he (finally) moved up to a properly seated position, the masked woman grabbed Artemisia before her falling body hit the stone floor, and let her gently lay on the hard surface.

“Very well. Now we can talk,” declared the masked woman. “I would offer you the tour, but I am fairly certain she would get back up the moment I took you out of this room. Artemisia was also in charge of refreshments, so I do not have food or drink to offer you. My utmost apologies.”

“Rather strange to hear that from the person who just knocked out her ally.”

Again that muffled laugh.

“I bet it is nowhere near close to the strangest thing you have seen, lad. Do I win anything?”

He made a point of showing his empty pockets.

“Don’t have much in the way of awards to give.”

“Then I will make you agree to join me for some conversation this evening, if you are agreeable to that.”

He shrugged.

“Don’t see any better way to pass the time.”

“Strange thing to say for a young man trapped in a crypt with two beautiful women.”

“Oh, don’t go there.”

This time her laughter was louder; albeit still distorted by the helmet, he went and guessed the person inside the obscuring garments was a young woman, probably around the same age as Mashu, if not older. Then again, she was quite tall…

“Iiiiin any case,” he continued, pulling the conversation back to a manageable direction. “I take it you’re the boss of this place.”

This time her laugh was perhaps somewhat mocking, or at least so the thought.

“Yes, yes, I guess you could say I am the final boss in here. I am the one holding to the Grail, if that interests you.”

“Rather than the Grail, how do I call you, anyway?

“If you need a means of addressing me, you may call me ‘Avenger’.”

“Huh,” he uttered. “Just met you moments ago and you already might be the most agreeable Avenger I’ve met.”

Laughter again. He thought the mask being on the way was sort of a shame; he had the hunch it was laughter he could grow to like.

“I would like to accept the compliment but…is it normal to feel bad for my fellow Avengers?”

*********///*********

“Revered ancestor, I still believe this is completely unnecessary. We can solve this matter—”

“Cleopatra, stop acting like you have to do everything yourself and carry every burden on your own. It’s depressing.”

It was late in the evening, but there would be no rest for the Heroic Spirits just yet. They had gathered at the gardens of Cleopatra’s royal palace, surrounded by untold amounts of color from many plants and flowers. It was a stark contrast with the monotonous white and red of the Hellenic architecture and the endless carpet of sand. Mordred and Nero appreciated the display with varying degrees of approval, while a slower Mata Hari distractedly followed them. Cleopatra smirked with pointless smugness at the seemingly-impressed Roman emperor.

Mata Hari was by far the last to take a seat.

“I—I’m truly sorry, I just need a little—”

“No need to worry,” replied Arsinoë. “Nobody expects you to do much fighting tomorrow, so it was fine for you to go all out tonight. If anything, we are grateful for your efforts.”

Cleopatra cleared her throat.

“Ah, ye-yes, it is as the revered ancestor says. You may be lacking in a lot of ways, but it is true that your efforts in the past few hours stopped the situation from becoming a far more dangerous problem.” She released a sigh full of discontent and exasperation. “A loose woman has been praised by two pharaohs this evening, truly this world has gone mad!”

“Was that really praise…?” Mordred pondered, while the person praised wisely chose silence.

“More importantly, what exactly happened?” Nero of all people brought the discussion back on track. Cleopatra cleared her throat again.

“It is clear how it began: a number of isolated incidents escalated to irrational degrees. An attempted robbery here, a bar fight there, an assault on a woman someplace else…deplorable incidents by themselves, but not nearly enough to become a city-wide riot.”

“The fact Mata Hari here had to use her Noble Phantasm to counter it means we were probably dealing with the enemy’s Noble Phantasm…is there something you wish to say, Nero Claudius? You have been making quite the face there.”

Nero did not catch herself in time before she fully turned her face away from Arsinoë.

“Umu…no, not at all. Rather, I merely remembered something unpleasant. That is all.”

Everybody accepted the answer. They were all Heroic Spirits; they all carried great burdens within themselves.

“Rather, why does the Roman emperor still live?” A cold, resentful voice added.

The Berserker, having promptly reminded everyone she is, in fact, a Berserker, shook her head like a wet dog and offered an apologetic smile to the present.

“…don’t mind her.”

“Um, right. More importantly, King Arsinoë; you seem as ignorant of these latest events as we are.” Nero could not hide the tinge of suspicion towards the clearly unhinged woman who had one-sidedly decided to switch sides in this conflict.

“Aaaa, you got me there,” said the elder pharaoh in a leisurely manner. “Artemisia’s Noble Phantasm is Mausoleum; we think that’s clear enough.” The others nodded. “But we have nothing useful on the Masked Queen. That one’s kept all her cards to herself until now. At least we can tell you she sounds like a woman behind that mask, and she’s got boobs under that dress. Also, she gets along fairly well with Artemisia, but it’s…well, you could not call it friendship.”

She shrugged, and the others got its meaning of “pity” rather than “confusion” or “disregard”.

“Artemisia’s a she-wolf who has not yet realized she’s been tamed.”

“Well, no matter who this masked woman is, that stunt of hers sure did its job,” Mordred then declared. “There will be no resting for anybody tonight. The soldiers, too, will be worn out tomorrow.”

“It makes no difference,” Nero argued. “We must strike tomorrow. Not merely for my darli—ahem, for Master’s sake, but to prevent any further misuse of the Holy Grail.”

Arsinoë nodded in agreement. “So far, it’s only been used to power up Mausoleum, but the Masked Queen’s the one calling the shots in there. Who knows what she could do with it, now that her little garden’s falling apart.”

They made for quite the scene: four famous figures of history, wearing serious faces while seated on cushions and partaking of wine and fruits. Surrounding by the beauties of nature and Cleopatra’s scurrying attendants, four powerful and beautiful ladies (plus Mordred) worked together to figure out their situation and their next move.

Of course, the question that needed to be asked was…

“Why?” Arsinoë repeated Nero’s question. “Well, this world is meant to be a refuge.”

Mata Hari straightened her posture, forcing herself to join the discussion in spite of her exhaustion and inner anguish.

“A refuge?” Mordred repeated, as if tasting the word in her mouth and hoping to make sense of it.

“A refuge, and a playground, I guess. A place for those Heroic Spirits branded by a certain sin to unwind, be free, and indulge in their wishes.”

The lesser Assassin sighed tiredly, murmuring a weak “how pointless…” that only Arsinoë caught.

“I take it Miss Mata Hari already figured it out,” said the Berserker. “What do all of us, except Mata Hari, have in common?”

“Naturally, we are all shining rulers of our respective lands!” Cleopatra declared.

“Uhh…”

“What Mordred said,” pointed out Arsinoë.

“It’s incest.”

All eyes fell on Mata Hari, including Arsinoë’s approving gaze, silently urging her to continue.

“Miss Arsinoë and Miss Cleopatra here were the first and the last in a bloodline of incestuous unions. Both of you were married to your brothers.”

“This one to two of them,” Arsinoë pointed out while pointing at the other pharaoh.

“Was that really necessary, revered ancestor…?”

“The legend of Nero Claudius is also filled with rumors of incestuous relationships. As for Mordred, even if magecraft was involved, she too is the product of incest.”

“And it is Artemisia’s love for her brother-husband that became legend,” Arsinoë completed. “Nero and Mordred were pulled into this world because they fulfilled the single condition that makes one welcome here. Mata Hari was accidentally brought along with the Master when Artemisia forcefully pulled him here.”

Standing up, Arsinoë spread her arms, as if to show the grandeur of Cleopatra’s garden.

“Nero. Mordred as well. Should you accept this world wholeheartedly, it would do anything for you. Just like it has done for Artemisia and Cleopatra.”

Nero’s eyes went very wide, and she gazed upon the garden with new awareness and understanding. On the other hand, Mordred made an awkward face, as if she had put something unpalatable in her mouth.

“That’s bullcrap,” she said. “Even if there’s a Grail, there’s no way I can get my wish fulfilled here.”

“No, it’s not quite that…” An unusually pensive Nero then said, resting her chin on her right hand. “Rather than wish granting…the simulation of wish fulfillment?”

Arsinoë grinned. It looked somewhat wicked.

“Got in in one, your majesty.”

“What? What did you get?” Mordred honestly inquired.

“Umu…this is…this is quite fearsome indeed…” Nero, however, mumbled to herself for a while before addressing her companion’s question.

“When Lady Arsinoë confirmed the mausoleum was Artemisia’s Noble Phantasm, I understood it is a technique of the same nature as my Domus Aurea,” she explained. “It is not a Reality Marble, but it is not simply the manifestation of a physical structure.”

“In layman’s terms, that building out there is not the Noble Phantasm…?” Mata Hari concluded, and Nero nodded at that, before facing a somewhat-uncomfortable-looking Cleopatra.

“This city, its people; no, this entire world. From the very moment we set foot in this place, we have been inside Artemisia’s Noble Phantasm. Am I mistaken?”

After a moment of tense stillness, the younger pharaoh nodded glumly, facing the Roman emperor with her back ramrod stiff.

“It is as you say. Everything in this world, except for us Servants and your Master, is part of Artemisia’s Mausoleum.”

It took a few seconds for the entire group to grasp the weight of that simple truth.

“No, no, wait,” Mordred was the first to open her mouth. “Nobody can call me a history buff, but Artemisia II was not such a big shot to pull off something like—”

“The Grail,” Arsinoë immediately countered. “We told you the Masked Queen used the Grail to power up Mausoleum. Rather, it just expanded its scope and area of effect. The citizens of Alexandria and the ghosts you fought are the same things; it’s only the outward appearance and behavioral pattern that’s different. It’s probably the reason whatever she pulled off tonight worked to such a degree; this world is under their control in the first place.”

Another shrugged.

“This city of Alexandria was just made so that Cleopatra could perform as a proper pharaoh once more.”

Cleopatra mirrored her ancestor’s gesture.

“Wait, more importantly: where are we really, then?” Mata Hari then asked. “I mean, if we are not really in Cleopatra’s time, and this is an imitation of Alexandria, then when and where are we?”

“That’s the real scary part,” replied Arsinoë. “I have absolutely no idea. If we want to find out, we’ll have to beat Artemisia and end this farcical world.”

*********///*********

He was laughing. Like he had not laugh in a very long time.

“And then she began to try out swimsuits. Swimsuits! Who even gets buried with swimsuits anyway?”

They had talked a lot. Or rather, she had done most of the talking. She had explained the operation of Artemisia’s Noble Phantasm, and how she had used it to create a refuge for Heroic Spirits who shared a background of incest so that Artemisia could look throughout time and space for her beloved brother at her leisure. Or so she claimed.

She had not revealed a single hint about herself or her intentions, but he had nonetheless learned a little about his host for that evening. She was a skilled conversationalist; someone who knew how to seize and keep the attention of others. She was witty, she was charming, she was even coquettish at times; she was clearly accustomed to pleasing others with her words, and probably with her looks as well, even if she was currently concealing her appearance.

“Is Artemisia the only one looking for something?” he had asked, trying to catch her unaware and maybe make her stumble and reveal more than she wanted to.

She had chuckled.

“Well of course. I am an Avenger, and I am quite driven.”

She clasped her gloved hands and shifted her bum a little. He had done a lot of that in the past few hours; sitting on the cold stone floor for a long time was not precisely comfortable.

“But I have talked enough. It’s your turn to tell me about yourself. How does one like you end up becoming the last hope of humankind? You will excuse my rudeness, but from I have seen you are wholly unremarkable, both as a human and as a magus. So, my boy: tell me your story.”

And he did share his whole story, from the likely-terrible first impressions he made at Chaldea, all the way through Lev—no, Flauros’ betrayal, and the confusing situations that ensued. He spoke mostly out of respect to his more than graceful host, but he was all but convinced there was some really potent magecraft laced in her words. Every single of her comments, her chuckles, even her seemingly purposeless “mmhmm’s” encouraged him to keep talking, baring himself and his many experiences to this faceless woman.

He spoke for a whole hour, and he was parched at the end of the whole thing. Then, much to his surprise, the woman stood up and asked him to wait for a few minutes while she brought him something to drink. He was not even tied up or anything, but as if reading his mind, she warned him Artemisia would definitely wake up if he left that room, and he truly did not feel up to dealing with that. All in all, it had not been an unpleasant evening in the company of this unknown Avenger.

“I apologize,” she humbly said some minutes later as she filled an intimidatingly large mug. “I can only provide you with fresh water. I really should have asked Artemisia for better treats.”

“Water would be great right now,” he said honestly.

“But really, you have been through quite a lot, lad,” then said the woman, all the while he refreshed himself with great gulps. “A burden beyond exceptional placed on the shoulders of an utterly unexceptional human.”

Strangely enough, he did not feel insulted by that. Perhaps there was something in the water, but she almost sounded glad to call him “ordinary”.

“So, what is it that drives you, lad?” She finally asked. “Your opponent is the…the King of Magic, right? Compared to what opposes you, his highness David had it easy with Goliath. If you die, it’s the end, and even if you succeed, there is not a great reward awaiting at the end of that road. You will have the gratitude of the survivors at Chaldea, but that is it.”

“Some would say that is enough.”

“You are no saint, lad.”

“Some would say staying alive is its own reward. The restoration of the human order cannot be ignored just because I’m not getting paid for it.”

“So, is that it? You are doing it to stay alive, lad?” She showed the first signs of irritation ever since they began conversing. “You are the cornered mouse baring its fangs before the lion because it has no other choice?”

He shrugged. “I guess there’s some of that, yeah. Rather die doing something than moping on a bed, or something like that.”

“That is a terrible joke,” she countered. “You are no saint, nor are you some legendary hero, possessing of unlimited bravery.”

“Bravery is not exclusive to legendary heroes, you know.”

“What you face is not something to be met with the bravery of the common man.”

He took the harshness of her voice in stride. Taking a moderate sip of his mug of water, he cleared his throat and attacked from a different angle.

“This is very important to you.”

“I did not bring you here for simple pleasantries, Master of Chaldea.”

“You have been watching me for a while.”

“It’s only now that I managed to breach through into Chaldea and pull you here. But yes, I have glimpsed at some of your exploits in the singularities.”

“Then why are you questioning me, Avenger?”

“Because I need to understand!” She had long lost her cool. Her voice was a hiss, full of irritation and frustration. “Why you? Why are you the last hope of humankind? That King’s opponent should be…” A grunt. “…should be better than you!”

They seated in silence for a while. He stayed calm, and very quiet. The woman before him felt like a cat—no, like a tiger that would pounce him should he make an unnecessary move. Last inning, two outs, two strikes—something like that. Just how many bases were filled, then?

“This is very important to you…so it must concern your grudge in some way. The need for retribution that makes you an Avenger.”

She said nothing, and he almost did not catch the twitch of her gloved hands.

“What is it that you care so much about? Is it humankind…?”

He went all in.

“…or is it Solomon?”

“…”

Chilling silence was his answer. The silence was wordlessly promised murder should he dare to utter the wrong words. So, he pulled back, because he was the experienced Master of Chaldea. He already knew how to fight these battles.

Looking down at the hands holding the mug, he let his fingers dance idly over the soft ceramic rim.

“Circumstances. It was merely circumstances. I told you earlier, didn’t I? I was kicked out of the meeting, so I was the one who was saved. The Director saved my life. I never really thanked her for that.”

He sighed.

“I was the only one left, so I became the last Master in Chaldea. Somebody had to. I just happened to be there; the unremarkable magus who got himself a job there because he had nowhere else to go.”

He chuckled. The woman leaned her head slightly to the side. Was she surprised, to hear a sound of humor?

“I knew I was totally over my head from day 1. In Fuyuki I was just bumbling around, trying to make sense of the goddamned end of human history. Suddenly the one guy nobody expected anything from was the one who had to somehow pull off the impossible. So, I went and began to do my job; the thing I was hired to do: summon Servants. Lead Servants. Try to survive. Hopefully fix the world in the process.”

He looked back up, fixating his gaze on the featureless mask. His smile was serene, free of pressures and unease.

“Don’t get me wrong. The circumstances were awful, but I don’t hate how it turned out. And I discovered a whole lot of reasons to stick to it, even if Solomon is fucking terrifying.”

“Tch.”

He caught the click of her tongue, but he would not ask if she would not speak of it.

“I told you all about them: the cute kouhai who must be desperately looking for me; the unreliably reliable Dr. Roman, and the bunch of awesome lunatics who have accepted me as the Master. So I stick to this job, if not for humanity, at least for them, and for myself.”

“Because, damn it, I love them. I think they’re all amazing. And I’d do anything for them to think I’m at least a little amazing too.”

He rubbed a hand over eyes that were not in the least moistened, damn it. Taking one last sip from his mug and clearing her throat again, he presented his most neutral smile to his questioner.

“…so? Was that a good answer?”

After several seconds, something like a snort came out of the masked woman.

“…yes. It was a great answer, lad. I have heard enough.”

With that, she stood up. He made to do the same, but she stopped him with a gesture.

“The floor is not comfortable, but you should try to rest a few hours. Tomorrow you and your Servants will have to show me the spirit behind those words.”

He sighed. That was the thing he still did not understand.

“Can we only settle things through a fight?”

“Can you stop that King of Magic without fighting?”

He said nothing to that.

“If you believe you have what it takes to overcome that one, then this humble one should pose no obstacle to you.”

He wanted to say that was not what he meant, but he understood it was pointless. On the other hand…

“I have my doubts about Artemisia allowing me to join my Servants to fight you.”

A long, delicate finger poked his forehead. He vaguely remembered his mother doing the same many years before.

“Do not fret on that issue; it will solve itself. In fact, I would say the solution to that problem is already inside you.”

He frowned at that, and the same numbing chill that struck him upon regaining consciousness spread from his chest outwards, only to relent right after shuddering once.

“The opponent you must overcome is not that pitiful woman. Good night, Master of Chaldea. Tomorrow I will have you show me the conviction to defy the King of Demon Gods.”

To be continued in Part III – Gehenna
    Artemisia II of Caria

Faceclaim (NSFW)
    Class: Caster
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Source: Historical
    Region: Turkey

Height & Weight: 164 cm, 59 kg
    Dislikes: Women (with some very few exceptions) that look at her brother
    Talents: Brother love~♥, Mixing drinks
    Natural Enemy: Sluts (basically, most women)
    Attribute: Imouto Man

STR E
    END E
    AGI D
    MGI A
    LUK C
    Noble Phantasm EX
    Skills
    Class Skills
    Item Construction (False) – A
    The Skill to manufacture magical items. In Artemisia’s case, it is labelled (False) because, in spite of possessing no such ability of her own, she can produce reproductions of many different magical objects through a function of her Noble Phantasm.

Territory Creation – --
    The skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as magus. Artemisia does not possess this Skill as she did not possess that kind of knowledge or techniques in life. It is effectively rendered obsolete by her powerful Noble Phantasm, in any case.

Personal Skills
    Exalted Sibling Love – A+
    A Skill representing affection towards one’s blood-related sibling, and the great effects that affection left in history. It manifests in different ways for different individuals. As one whose love for her brother has been immortalized into the foundation of her legend and a universal example of undying devotion, she possesses the highest rank in this skill.

Artemisia manifests this skill as Living Tomb, based on the legend of her mixing the ashes of her deceased brother with perfumes, reducing the mixture into a powder and then every day diluting a pinch of the dust in water to drink it. Carian culture was influenced by its long-standing relationship with Egypt; Artemisia’s ritual may be connected to the ancient Egyptian concept of the ba—the set of spiritual characteristics unique to each individual, which remained attached to the body after death. Effectively, Artemisia preserved within herself that which defined her beloved’s identity. It works identically to a Demi-Servant’s Possession Inheritance, allowing her to internalize Heroic Spirit Mausolus’ Charisma skill. This Skill receives a significant boost if Mausolus is also summoned.

Golden Rule – C
    A measure of one’s fortune to acquire wealth. Mausolus and his wife brought wealth and prosperity to their satrapy, and materialized that wealth in the form of many constructions meant to flaunt and immortalize their success, with enough left to comfortably finance a number of small wars throughout their lives. Throughout antiquity, “Carian” was synonymous with “wealthy”.

Patron of the Arts – A
    A Skill associated with Servants that supported the labor of artists, resulting in notable and important works. At such a high rank, Servants who were artists in life or connected to the arts find it difficult to engage in violence with Caster, and would rather resolve things through words, or even better, establish alliances with her. It is obviously negated by Servants with Skills like Mad Enhancement or Mental Pollution, although a certain Red Saber also seems to be unaffected by it. “I am my own best Maecenas!”, or something like that.

Artemisia brought the best architects for the Mausoleum, and the best sculptors for the building’s adornments. She summoned many poets and writers to compose elegies for her deceased husband, and lavishly rewarded those who pleased her. Even upon her death, those artists stayed for many years to complete the Mausoleum. It was not merely respect for the dead ruler, but a passionate wish to complete her magnificent dream and be part of it themselves. By following Artemisia’s loving wish, their names too were recorded in eternity.

Voyager of the Storm – C-
    The talent to sail vessels recognized as ships. Because the ability as a group leader is also necessary, this unique Skill has also the effects of both Charisma and Military Tactics. Unlike most other bearers of this Skill, Artemisia receives its benefits in both land battles and coastal naval battles. However, she is inexperienced in open ocean battles, and thus takes a minus-correction in such situations.

Artemisia proved herself a capable leader of armies and navies in the little over two years she was sole ruler of Caria, following the footsteps of her more famous homonymous predecessor. Her actions during the subjugation of Rhodes and the conquest of Latmus were recorded among the greatest military strategies of the Ancient Era.
    Noble Phantasm
    Mausoleum
    Our Love Like Roots, Reaching into Eternity

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 70
    Maximum Targets: 100 people

A Noble Phantasm shared by the sibling satraps, Mausolus and Artemisia. The reimagination of the pinnacle of their successful careers as rulers and the most ostentatious symbol of their shared power and affection. It was built to house their remains, but also to glorify and celebrate their exceptional lives. As a Noble Phantasm, it creates “a territory that applauds and safeguards their lives and their love". While the original structure always appears in some way or form when this Noble Phantasm is invoked, the appearance of the space within the externalized bounded field is only limited by its power source and Artemisia’s current desires, and may even modify it at will at any point during its deployment, making for both a terrifying weapon and a tool to sow confusion on the hapless victims trapped within.

The Mausoleum is a construction so grand and majestic that its name was inherited by all structures sharing the same purpose. Artemisia relies on that idea and uses its right as the “original” to declare sovereignty over all such structures. Mausoleum can take spiritual imprints from every person ever interred in a mausoleum and use them as the core of ether-based constructs in the form of “ghosts”, or “flesh puppets” indistinguishable from humans. With enough available magical energy, conjuration of “demerited pseudo-legend fragments” (Shadow Servants) becomes possible.

The Noble Phantasm is not limited to people interred; grave goods placed inside mausoleums throughout history can be usurped and reproduced inside Mausoleum through Gradation Air. These reproductions are in all ways identical to the originals except for their limited duration of existence. Artemisia and Mausolus rely on this ability to provide themselves with amenities and her guardian constructs with weaponry. She also is constantly searching for mystic codes that may help extend the duration of Mausoleum’s manifestation.

Mausoleum’s sovereignty works both forwards and retroactively backwards in time. It can loot from the Miles Mausoleum at Arlington as easily as it can from the ancient pharaohs’ great pyramids. However, Noble Phantasms of any rank cannot be Projected.
    Legend

“I think it sufficiently shown, that sorrow is the opinion of present evil, upon which opinion is engrafted a persuasion that sorrow is to be entertained as point of duty. It is rightly added to that definition by Zeno, that this opinion of present evil is recent; but they give such interpretation to this word, as to include for recent, not only what has happened lately, but so long as there remains in the reputed evil a certain force, which flourishes and has a sort of verdure, so long it is to be deemed recent: as that Artemisia, wife of Mausolus, king of Caria, who erected that noble sepulchre at Halicarnassus, lived in grief so long as she lived, and was even carried off by it, in a languishment.”
    —Marcus Tulius Cicero, “The Alleviation of Sorrow”

Artemisia II, satrap of Caria. Not to be confused with Artemisia I of Caria, that valiant queen and commander of sails who fought along Xerxes I in the great naval battles of Artemisium and Salamis. Her legend has been forged from the ideals of eternal love and undying devotion. She is the titular image of the mourning widow, longing for the lost love and eventually succumbing to the ache of his absence. While originally conceived by her husband to become their shared place of rest after death, Artemisia is the foremost mind behind the famous Mausoleum at Halicarnassus, forever remembered as one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.

Artemisia was the eldest daughter of Hecatomnus, first satrap of Caria and first non-Persian official elevated to that position. An ambitious man, intent on converting his achievement into a long-lasting legacy. Having sired three sons and two daughters, he married his eldest sons with his daughters; the bluntest, most straightforward to ensure power would remain in his bloodline, following the Persian and Egyptian traditions. On 377 BC, Hecatomnus died and his eldest, Mausolus, became the next satrap, effectively making Artemisia the queen of Caria.

Their marriage may have been arranged by their father, but all sources agree they were deeply, immensely, hopelessly in love with each other. And for 24 years, they ruled together and enjoyed a blissful life together. But we will not go into details of their combined rule; that belongs to Mausolus’ character sheet. Artemisia’s legend truly begins the day her adored brother-husband’s life came to its end. The day she was broken. The day her world became a dark, flavorless place. But in her darkest moment and her deepest grief, a flame came to life within her.

According to the succession laws, Mausolus was to be succeeded by his queen. And the queen who had all these years remained a devoted, even meek figure a step behind her beloved brother, seized the mantle of ruler with a steady hand, intent on immortalizing her departed husband and their love. The Rhodians aimed to take advantage of the succession and secede from Caria, arguing against being ruled by a woman. She crushed them. Latmus too had declared independence the moment Mausolus died. She conquered them all over again. She also continued her brother’s policy of making their capital Halicarnassus into the most beautiful of cities, a Mecca of the arts. But her obsession was the building her brother had ordered to become the resting place for his earthly remains. It was to be the ultimate monument to their lives and their love. She would not live to see it completed.

Artemisia’s impetuous tenure as satrap lasted just over two years. Lovers of love delight in declaring that Artemisia was finally broken down by the absence of her missing half. She was succeeded by her younger brother Idrieus, who would then be succeeded by his own sister-wife Ada of Caria. This woman steps into the stage of history at an interesting time, and the crossing of her path with that of a mighty lightning conqueror makes for a great story, better left for a better time.

Character

The ultimate brocon little sister. Full power onii-sama rabu, all the time. All other men are potatoes. All other women are potential enemies, with very few exceptions. Children are cute, but any time spent looking after children is time wasted not indulging in sweet, sweet sibling affection.

A warning to all Masters: if another Master summons Mausolus, you are screwed. If she ascertains that you cannot take her to Mausolus’ side, you are also screwed. There is, however, a roughly 5% chance Artemisia will see you as Mausolus incarnate; then you are utterly, thoroughly, exhaustively screwed.

Homonyms are good civilization.

Tactics? Work on how to power Mausoleum for as long as possible, then go to town. Summon countless minions, equip them with badass mystic code weapons, and let’em rip. Do not let a single enemy catch a glimpse of her, for she’s utterly worthless in a face-to-face fight; if an enemy Servant gets to see her, she’s already dead. And you’ll be next.
    Keywords (Craft Essences?)
    Exotic Grounded Herbs
    “Darling! Will you join me for tea?
    Such a delightful drink; I’ve grown rather fond of it.
    I must remember to give proper thanks to Lady Xuanzang.
    …that is in very poor taste, brother dearest. Of course there are no ashes mixed in.

These flasks? These are my precious grounded herbs.
    Some of them alleviate aches of the body, some of them provide undisturbed sleep.
    There were all very useful at the time…but that’s a time not worth thinking about.
    We’ll be together forever from now on, so there is no a need for there anymore.

…botanist? Medical researcher…?
    Hmm…yes, it seems I am called such a thing nowadays.
    I just happened to know a few things about herbs, but that’s it.
    If memory does not fail me, it comes from Rembert Dodoens’s Cryudt-Boeck.
    He listed me for some reason among the great herbalists of antiquity, placing me even on the same pedestal as the King of Magic…

…oh, how improper of me, to be so crass as to utter the name of another man!
    Let there be no doubt, beloved brother, that the only one in my heart is no other but you!
    Yes, I have decided! I must atone for this mistake, starting tonight!”

L’Histoire de la Royne Arthémise

The apothecary, herbalist and philantropist Nicolas Houël wrote this book.
    He creatively combined the lives of the first and second Artemisias to create the image of a woman beyond exceptional.
    It was dedicated to Catherine de’Medici, the “new Artemisia”, and meant to equate her to that glorious ancient figure.
    The story of this composite Artemisia reinforced Catherine’s right to serve as regent. The resulting iconography would be reused by later female regents such as Anne of Austria.

In any case, it turns out that Artemisia II and Catherine get along swimmingly. Dispatch them together with Odysseus’ wife, Penelope, for a surprisingly-efficient-if-somewhat-difficult-to-deal-with Caster party.

Sister Satrap
    “Brother! Daaarliiiing~♥!
    I just had the most delightful few hours!
    Oh, I must apologize most sincerely, my love.
    I had a modicum of worries concerning your being friends with that Dr. Romani,
    But I should have never doubted you!

He showed me some of those animated drawings from the land in which you reincarnated.
    A lovely series of vignettes about thirteen sisters living and loving their dear brother.
    To think there is a modern land that so exalts the pure love of a sister towards her brother,
    As expected of the land that welcomed your beautiful soul!
    And the good doctor; oh, he’s such an erudite!
    He introduced me to a wonderful new term from your—
    no, our new homeland!

Imouto Moe’. Aaah, my heart soars just from hearing the words—
    Brother dear, where are you going?
    Eh? You have matters to discuss with the good doctor?
    Eh? Eh? Darling, why do you look so angry!?
    Did your hopeless Artemisia do something wrong!?
    Onii-samaaaaaaaaaa!”
    Last edited by Daneel Rush; August 27th, 2017 at 01:01 PM.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Another fun servant.

I must have missed your previous servant because i don't remember ever reading about Arsinoë and the beginning of this story arc.

Seeing Mata-Hari is cool.

Mausoleum is a cool NP. Character-wise the sheet is real strong though in my mind she should have an skill that denotes her warped mind. maybe Exalted Sibling Love does that but i can't find in the sheet.

Anime is a hell of a drug

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    Artemisia II
    i cri evrytiem

Blog Entries
    How rude. Her mind is not warped. Her love is just too pure for common mortals to understand.

Blog Entries
    How rude. Her mind is not warped. Her love is just too pure for common mortals to understand.
    No, as in, I actually made an Artemisia sheet way back. Which is sad really. This one does a better job of conveying the kind of person I thought Artemisia to be.

This decides it. My next sheet will be K-drama-obsessed kiss demon Lancer Artemisia, just you wait.

Blog Entries
    Actually, I was addressing the post above yours. My apologies for being unclear.

Also, damn it, K-dramas! I knew I had forgotten something!

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I guess i'm just not well versed in the ways of Imouto Moe.

Let me tell you this though

Her faceclaim gives more an Onee-chan vibe.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Blog Entries
    Even if there's nothing little about her body, her heart is that of a true little sister.

Alright, enough fooling around. Now I gotta think about the epic showdown with the masked queen.

@Nuclear: Checked out your Artemisia. It's kinda funny how the first paragraph I wrote for her legend is basically the same as yours but with more verbose.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have to say, Artemisia as a bro-con little sister definitely made me LOL. Some of the best Servant sheets in my opinion are the ones which manage to take a mythical/historical figure and convincingly reimagine them in terms of anime archetypes, which you always manage to pull off better then most around here, I'd say.

Generally my own favorite sheets (as in, from my own writing) are the ones I feel most authentically 'anime', such as Don Quixote.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Artemesia seems like she'd be a perfect addition to the 'My Room' group, though we've all made around one like that.

Good sheet btw

夜属 Nightkin GilgameshKingOfMemes's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I was in the middle of writing an Isaac Newton sheet when I had the idea to do this servant so I wrote a sheet up quickly. I don’t know if the np could actually work in canon but I hope the idea behind it is at least interesting.
    ------------------------

Face Claim:

The face claim I found was too big so I put it into a spoiler tag.

Servant: Avenger
    Alternate Classes: Caster
    True Name: Pandora
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Place of Origin: Greece

Strength: D+
    Endurance: C
    Agility: C
    Mana: A (EX)
    Luck: E
    NP: EX

Class Skills:

Oblivion Correction (A)
    People are creatures that forget many things, but an avenger never forgets. The critical effect of Avengers who attack from beyond oblivion is strengthened. It doesn't matter how much time passed, she will never forget her resentment. Avenger has a strong hatred for the gods and while this resentment would normally fade somewhat because the Age of Gods has passed and her goal has basically been achieved, but her Noble Phantasm affects her personality raising her anger to how she felt on the very day she gained this resentment. The strength of this skill increases when fighting the faithful but decreases against those who have rejected the gods.

Self-Replenishment (Mana) (C)
    Until they achieve their revenge, their mana will endlessly keep springing out. Mana will be recovered every turn, even if only a minuscule amount.

Avenger (C)
    A Class Skill of the Avenger representing the state of an Avenger as one that gathers people's hatreds and grudges onto oneself. It is easier for her to accumulate loathing and resentment.

Personal Skills:

Curious Mind: (B+)
    A skill for those who are famous for their own curiosity. Use of this skill enhances Avengers ability to discern an enemy’s abilities and identity by increasing her power to gather information in order to satisfy her own curiosity. At this rank Avenger may act foolishly in order to satisfy her curiosity and will often barrage her master with endless questions.

Divinity: (~)
    The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels one is treated as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a Monster, Demonic Beast raises. As a homunculus created by the gods Avenger normally has the divinity skill at a low level but because of her hatred of the gods that has been greatly enhanced by her class card, this skill is lowered into nonexistence.

Innocent Monster: (D)
    An attribute possessed by Servants whose history and existence have been distorted by the monstrous reputations they accrued across the course of their life and thereafter. As a consequence, the Servant's abilities and appearance have been rendered to conform to the specifications of their legend. Incidentally, this personal skill cannot be removed. Avenger was made as punishment for mankind by having her release great evils upon the Earth and ended up twisting the ancients Greeks view of woman. Because of this Avengers appearance has been altered and she now looks like she has been corrupted by the grail and this effect is increased due to her Noble Phantasm, if a male comes into contact with her they could suffer the effects of mental pollution. The ominous presence she would normally give off has been hidden because of an effect of her Noble Phantasm.

Noble Phantasms:
    Spoiler:
    Pandora
    All-Gifted

Type: Anti-Unit (self)
    Number of Targets: 1

When Pandora was created all the gods came together to give her many gifts, her name originates from the many gifts the gods gave to her. This allows for Pandora’s own name to register as Noble Phantasm, giving her access to the many gifts the gods gave her. The gifts come in the form of personal skills giving her access to large number of skills she would not be able to have normally.

Skills
    Spoiler:
    Golden Rule (Body): (A++)
    The possession of a perfect goddess-like body, preserving beauty. The gift from Aphrodite that grants her with amazing beauty to the point she can be considered one of the most beautiful of all mortals. The nature of this skill is enhanced further due to her nature as a homunculus made of mud and clay allowing to change her shape in order to reach the perfect form of whoever looks upon her.

Poseidon’s Protection: (B-)
    A skill that manifests from the Poseidon’s gift to Pandora. The use of this skills allows Avenger to never drown and gives her magic protection at rank B-, but it only protects from water oriented attacks. This skill is lost if the necklace this skills originates from is lost or broken.

Deceptive Nature: (B)
    Another gift from the gods, this skill is for servants who have an inherent ability to deceive through personality and actions. At this rank Avenger can hide her dark nature upon first contact with someone and make someone forget all warnings and worries about her as she did with her husband. Unless a servant has an ability to see someone’s true nature Avenger can put on convincing acts to manipulate someone’s emotions and perceptions towards her. It increases Avengers ability to maintain large webs of lies. At this rank this skill also works like a low rank presence concealment, servants can still tell there is a servant in the area but struggle to identify them. The rank will increase if an enemy is a human without divinity and is male.

Silver Tongue: (B+)
    The measure of one’s ability to manipulate people through words and to tell convincing lies. A gift from Hermes, this skill allows for Avenger to tell blatant lies that can pass for truth. The more farfetched the lie the lower the rank drops. The words Avenger speaks have the ability to convince people to behave and think in ways they normally wouldn’t though only to a small degree. This skill is also enhanced against males.

Item Construction: (C)
    The skill to manufacture magical item. The gift from Athena, at this rank Avenger has high dexterity and is capable of producing high quality magical items out of silk.

Protection from the Music God: (C)
    A skill that denotes the divine protection of the god of music, that one attained by great skill in music. Makes possible to distinguish many sounds and play a masterful music performance. Furthermore, plus modifiers are applied to the exercise of music magecraft. The gift from Apollo, this skill also comes with the ability to use healing magic.

Artificial Body: (B-)
    An alternate version of the skill Natural Body. The gift from Hephaestus is that he crafted her with a great body. This skill gives a rank up in both Strength and Mana as she possess high quality magic circuits and an expertly crafted body.

Protection from Demeter: (C)
    Demeter’s gift to Avenger, this skills manifest as above average skill in the use of Earth magic, at least relative to the average in the Age of Gods. It also grants some manipulation over plants.

Anesidora Pithos
    The Jar of Great Evils

Because Pandora is summoned as Avenger this Noble Phantasm is replaced with Pandora’s Box

Pandora’s Box
    The Container for All the Worlds Evils

Type: Anti-World
    Number of Targets: 1-999

Pandora’s Box is a Noble Phantasm that can only materialize after the Holy Grail has been corrupted, it is a Noble Phantasm that is more accurate to legend then to life. In life, Pandora was given a jar which contained powerful curses that would be used to punish humanity by the Greek gods but this myth was altered over the years until it went from a jar of curses to a box that contained All the Worlds Evils. This Nobel Phantasm appears as a large black box that contains a connection to the corrupted grail allowing it to truly contain All the Worlds Evils. When the box is opened All the Worlds Evils, Angra Mainyu, will spill out endlessly like it did at the end of Fate/Zero destroying everything in its path until the world is consumed or the box is closed/destroyed. The Grail which exists at the bottom of the box represents the hope that was trapped inside. This Noble Phantasm enhances Pandora’s darker nature increasing some skill rankings. Pandora could also bring about an event like the end of heavens feel route making it possible for someone to become an existence like Dark Sakura, someone who is the premature form of Angra Mainyu, allowing for him to truly be born into the world and may allow for Pandora to tap into the large amount of mana of the grail. The grail still needs the souls of the servants to truly manifest so a servant needs to be defeated before this Noble Phantasm can truly create the connection for the evils to be able to pour out.

Lore:
    To punish mankind after Prometheus stole fire and gave it them, Zeus ordered the other gods to make Pandora as a poisoned gift for man. Pandora was given several traits from the different gods. Before he was chained to the rock, Prometheus had warned Epimetheus not to take any gifts from the gods. Epimetheus did not listen to his brother, however, and when Pandora arrived, he fell in love with her. Hermes told him that Pandora was a gift to the titan from Zeus, and he warned Epimetheus to not open the box, which was Pandora's dowry. Until then, mankind had lived a life in a paradise without worry. Epimetheus told Pandora never to open the box she had received from Zeus. However, one day, Pandora's curiosity got the better of her and she opened it, releasing all the misfortunes of mankind.

Personality:
    Pandora, as Zeus describes, was idle, mischievous and foolish but also very cunning, bold, charming and kind. When Pandora opened the jar and came to many different realizations she became very bitter, cynical and dark but some of her other traits still shine through kind of like Jeanne Alter. Pandora has been consumed completely by her desire for revenge, wishing to get back at the gods for deceiving her for so long and ruining everything she held dear. She is completely blinded by this desire, willing to do the same thing the gods did to her to others. She can be surprisingly friendly to normal people and sees herself as a person to save humanity no longer from just the gods but from fate itself. While she does hold some disdain for those who are faithful she also pities them and sees them as most needing of saving.

Dislikes: The Gods, Fate
    Talent: Manipulation
    Natural Enemy: The Gods, the Faithful
    Last edited by GilgameshKingOfMemes; January 16th, 2017 at 02:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GilgameshKingOfMemes View Post
    The face claim I found was too big so I put it into a spoiler tag.
    And it would be nice to include a source.

Also whether it's just coincidence or not, the past few FCs are all in my own folder of FCs. So, I guess I did something to contribute?

It's kinda weird.

As for Pandora... why would opening the box bring out Angry Manjew?

夜属 Nightkin GilgameshKingOfMemes's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    And it would be nice to include a source.

Also whether it's just coincidence or not, the past few FCs are all in my own folder of FCs. So, I guess I did something to contribute?

It's kinda weird.

As for Pandora... why would opening the box bring out Angry Manjew?
    I will add a source. As for the angry manjew thing my line of thinking was that he was all the worlds evils which is what was supposed to be inside the box so that what the np is, this was a very quick sheet that I didnt think too much about it

Nş 1 fan of the Best Book Gallereon's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    502781857 (NA server)
    This is probably the project in which I had the most fun working in quite a while. I doubt a lot of people will recognize this guy (In fact, I will be surprised if you recognize him. Virtual high five to you, good sir), but he his definitely still decently powerful and his folklore legend is one of my personal favorites.
    Again, all criticism is welcome and thanks for your time.

Servant Avenger:

Parameters

True Name: King Pedro I of Portugal (Pedro=Peter btw)
    Class: Avenger
    Other Classes: Berserker
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Atribute: Man
    Dislikes: Afonso IV (Father), Inęs´ Assassins, Corruption and Crimes

STH: A
    END: C
    AGI: C
    MGK: D
    LCK: C
    NP: D++

Equipment:
    Avenger is summoned with knightly armor, but he lacks the refine one would expect of a king, and a long steel sword with no special properties. Through he is good at swordplay, most of his strategies involve punching and kicking is way to victory and he himself prefers his hands to his sword.

Class Skills:
    Avenger: (C)
    Avenger is a Class Skill of the Avenger representing the state of an Avenger as one that gathers people's hatreds and grudges onto oneself. Avenger is especially fueled by hatred related to love, lost relationships and justice.

Oblivion Correction: (A)
    Oblivion Correction is an Avenger-class servants Class Skill. People are creatures that forget many things, but an avenger never forgets. The critical effect of Avengers who attack from beyond oblivion is strengthened. It doesn´t matter how much time passes, Avenger will never forget those that wounded his heart, even if he eventually comes to terms with said memories.

Self-Replenishment(Mana): (D)
    Self-Replenishment(Mana) is an Avenger-class servant Class Skill. Until they archive their revenge, their mana will endlessly keep springing out. Mana will be recovered every turn, even if only a minuscule amount.

Mad Enhancement: (EX)
    Mad Enhancement raises basic parameters in exchange of hindering mental capacities. In some cases, also seals away Personal Skills. Pedro doesn´t lose reason or mental abilities, but he becomes unable to properly distinguish between individuals and will randomly identify people as either Inęs or Inęs´ assassins. If he sees them as Inęs, he will fall madly in love with them, independently of their gender, and if he sees them as Inęs´ assassins, he will enter a mad rampage and stop at nothing until they are dead.
    This class skill is always active due to Inęs curse, however, Pedro will only receive the parameter bonus if he his summoned as a berserker.

Personal Skills:

A Demon´s Love: (A)
    A skill given to those that became blood thirsty demons for the sake of their love. As a king that never forgot the pain that losing a loved one brought him, his devotion to his love can be said to unquestionable. Increases Pedro´s melee damage based on how much love or hatred he feels for the target he his attacking and negates the effects of weapons or abilities that would normally diminish Pedro own combat abilities, however, it doesn´t negate the effect of Noble Phantasms or abilities superior to C rank .
    Furthermore, due to this skill association with demons and love, all of his attacks leave behind a trail of flames that are equivalent to a low rank "magic Burst (Flames)".

A Maiden´s Love: (A)
    A curse from a loved one that can be perceived as a blessing by others. This curse is the result of her death at the hands of her assassins, her will becomes engraved in the mind of the one she loves and their perception of reality and morality becomes distorted. The result of having Inęs will implanted in him, results in him frequently hearing Inęs voice in his head and dreaming about her constantly. The curse of Inęs love that protects against mental interference of lower ranks and makes the pursuit of any goal easier, however, once Avenger is set on a goal, he has to pursue it no matter what, even if that path is impossible to accomplish.

Executioner: (A++)
    Executioner is a Skill that increases damage towards those of the Evil alignment. Also, a Servant will also become a target if his/her actions are regarded as evil. Severing evil by means of evil; the ultimate judgement act. Pedro is famous for following "justice" to the extremes and applied it with both incredible speed and brutality and lead all to fear him, independently of rank or importance.

Noble Phantasm

O Justo e o Cruel "The King´s Dichotomy"

The true Noble Phantasm of Pedro. A noble phantasm that reveals the true essence of the king and strikes at the targets heart like a curse. A reenactment of the anecdote where Pedro ripped out the hearts of two of the three assassins that murdered Inęs, a cursed concept that embodies the idea that justice always comes to those that deserve it, no matter how much time passes.
    As a reenactment, it follows a pattern of 3 steps that hit the target (or targets) in a predetermined order. All of the steps require a MGK and LCK check to be taken individually before they are executed and there is a chance the strength of the attacks will increase if certain conditions are met. Avenger can also choose if he wants to use the entire effect of the curse on 1 target or to divide it between up to 3 targets (The instant kill effect can only happen if he uses all the steps on a single target).
    Firstly, a cursed shadow arm attacks the targets out from the front, right after that, a second cursed shadow arm attacks the target in the heart from behind and, lastly, a cursed that diminishes the target total HP is placed upon the target. The damaged caused by each step is dependent on how many checks pass, the curse only activates when both checks pass. If all the checks in each step pass, then the target is instantly killed.
    This noble´s phantasm damage increases if certain conditions are met, these conditions are: The target is evil-aligned, The target is under the effects of the "Inęs, meu amor!" noble phantasm, Pedro feels either love or hatred for the target.

Inęs, meu amor! "Deceased (Fake) Queen"
    Rank: (D) / Anti-Nobility / Range: 1 - 15 / Max Targets: 25

A crystallization of the episode where, after becoming king, Pedro made Inęs the Queen, even after her death by exhuming her body and dressing her in rich robes and jewels, and then, forced the entire court, independently of status or importance, kiss the deceased Queen´s hand.
    This noble Phantasm only affects heroic spirits that were, at some point of their lives part of or considered nobility. Pedro cannot attack or do any harm to the targets when this ritual is under effect, if he does, this noble phantasm will be sealed.
    A throne with a dead women dressed in rich robes and jewels is summoned and, if the target is within the area and belongs within the necessary condition, they are forced against their will to kiss the deceased Queen´s hand. When they kiss her hand, they are cursed with a poison that takes a bit of their Hp every turn and their MGK and LCK ranks are decreased by one rank. It´s Pedro favorite noble phantasm, since it allows him to see his beautiful Queen one last time.

Lore

Peter I, called the Just or the Cruel, was King of Portugal and of the Algarves from 1357 until his death.
    Afonso married his son and heir, Peter, to Constanza, thereby allying himself with Juan Manuel, Prince of Villena. When Constanza arrived in Portugal in 1339, Inęs de Castro, the beautiful and aristocratic daughter of a prominent Galician family (with links albeit through illegitimacy, to the Portuguese and Castilian royal families), accompanied her as her lady-in-waiting.

Peter soon fell in love with Inęs, and the two conducted a long love affair that lasted until Inęs's murder in 1355. Constanza died in 1345, weeks after giving birth to Fernando, who eventually became the first of Peter's sons to succeed him as king of Portugal. The scandal of Peter's affair with Inęs, and its political ramifications, caused Afonso to banish Inęs from court after Constanza died. Peter refused to marry any of the princesses his father suggested as a second wife; and the king refused to allow his son to marry Inęs as Peter wanted. The two aristocratic lovers began living together in secret.

Afonso worried that upon his death, civil war could tear the country apart, or the Portuguese throne would fall into Castilian hands. In 1355, Afonso sent three men to find Inęs at the Monastery of Santa Clara-a-Velha in Coimbra, where she was detained, and they decapitated her in front of one of her young children. Enraged, Peter revolted against his father. Afonso defeated his son within a year, but died shortly thereafter, and Peter succeeded to the throne in 1357.

Peter is labeled as "the Just" and it is said that the Portuguese king loved justice—especially the dispensing of it, which he enjoyed doing for himself. Inęs' assassins received his harshest punishment: the three had escaped to Castile, but Peter arranged for them to be exchanged for Castilian fugitives residing in Portugal with his nephew, Peter of Castile. The Portuguese king conducted a public trial of Pęro Coelho and Álvaro Gonçalves. After finding them guilty of Ines' murder, the king ripped their hearts out with his own hands, because of what they had done to his own heart. Only Diogo Lopes Pacheco escaped and died later.

According to legend, Peter later had Inęs' body exhumed and placed upon a throne, dressed in rich robes and jewels, and required all of his vassals to kiss the hand of the deceased "queen".

Peter also had her body removed from her resting place in Coimbra and taken to Alcobaça where it was reburied in the royal monastery. Peter had two tombs constructed, one for each of them, so they would see each other when rising at the Last Judgment. The tombs show Peter and Inęs facing each other, with the words "Até o fim do mundo..." ("Until the end of the world...") inscribed on the marble.

Personality

Its clear, even right after being summoned, that Pedro is not mentally wealthy. His mind is burdened by the memories and the will of his loved one and the madness this curse brought him. Through he is mostly rational, one needs to be careful, just in case his madness comes to the surface and he confuses you or any random passerby as Inęs or one of Inęs´ killers.

Other than that, Pedro is a respectable king that loved parties, music and had a strong sense of love, being a believer in true love (through he doesn´t like to admit it), "justice" (through his methods are questionable) and that he was kind to his subjects, through he does appear to have a slight stuttering problem. Despite being a king, he his quite independent and wild and, should push come to shove, he isn´t afraid to get his hands dirty and do the work himself and had no problem having friendly relations with commoners.

As a king, he revealed himself to be a good administrator, fearless in the defense of the country against the papal influence and developed a good relationship with the nobility, through many feared him for his impulsiveness. He acts like a brash older brother to the people he likes, but ind the end, the only thing he wants is to be with his beloved one last time.

Last edited by Gallereon; January 17th, 2017 at 08:19 AM.
    My One True Waifu

That moment when you´re being shipped on the internet
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    You guys should get married.
    For I think manafusion understands Gallereon better than any of us can expect to do.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Avenger1 - Pandora:
    You said this one was rushed and it does show. I can see the core ideas and good, they just need more time and explanation behind them. It just needs more polish...

Avenger2 - Pedro:

I like him. Good themes to it and everything syncs up nicely. Though all Avengers revealed have been Chaotic Evil and I think that's a recurring trait.

Maybe I should hurry up with my three Avengers...

Nş 1 fan of the Best Book Gallereon's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    502781857 (NA server)
    Crap, I forgot that all avengers are chaotic evil.
    Well, its not the end of the world, one of the biggest purposes of the story is for people to decide if his actions were just or cruel and it doesn´t go against his legend to have him be chaotic evil. I will change it now.
    My One True Waifu

That moment when you´re being shipped on the internet
    You guys should get married.
    For I think manafusion understands Gallereon better than any of us can expect to do.

So, I've been lurking on this thread for a while. Didn't even have an account until recently, but I figured I'd sign up, since I haven't stopped thinking up Servants even though I don't have any real reason to do it any more.

There's a lot of creativity here, and a lot of it's introduced me to some really cool stuff from mythology and history. Through the lens of ridiculous anime battle royales, too, which can only be a bonus.

That said, here's the worst Servant idea I ever had. But it might be funny, at least.

Worst Rider

Class: Rider

True Name: Lemuel Gulliver

Alignment: Neutral Idiot

Appearance: Can't be bothered right now. Might find a FC later.

Credits Art:
    Huge Image

Parameters:
    Strength: D
    Endurance: C
    Agility: D
    Mana: D
    Luck: E

Class Skills:

Riding: E - For Rider, the concept of 'Horse' and 'Master' are permanently reversed. Even with another species of mount, he would also have little luck. In fact, Rider is closer to a 'Mount' than any true Rider.

Magic Resistance: E - Rider has no experience resisting any type of magic. Some minor spells will have their effect reduced, simply from the virtue of his class.

Personal Skills:

Voyager of the Storm: D - The ability to captain a ship. Rider started as a ship's doctor, but eventually came into the possession of his own ship. Unfortunately, he is rather uncharismatic, and ineffective in his command. Similarly, he has little tactical knowledge.

Whispers from the Dead: C - The knowledge from conversations held with wise ancients, conjured by the necromancers of Glubbdubdrib. Rider has access to minor knowledge from Iskander, Hannibal, Caesar, Pompey, Junius Brutus, Homer, Aristotle, Descartes and Marcus Agrippa, among others. In addition, Rider is able to recognise said Servants on sight.

Object of Ridicule: A - Rider's existence as a vehicle for satire. It becomes completely impossible for other Servants to take Rider seriously. If he so much as shows admiration for something, others will begin to think of that thing as ridiculous, though this effect is far from absolute.

Equipment:

Brobdingragian Needle - A needle from the land of Brobdingrag that serves as a sword, due to its sheer size. While impressive, it is a lot less functional than an actual sword. If summoned as Saber, perhaps it would take on some esoteric effect, otherwise its only advantage is its origin from a land of mystery that only Gulliver ever witnessed, giving it the status of a 'magical' sword.

Noble Phantasms:

Laputa: Flight of the Whore - B-rank Vehicle

An enormous flying city, capital of the land of Balnibarbi. The city is circular, with a 4.5 mile diameter. At its base is a thick plate of adamantium. The city is inhabited by a 'crew' of thousands of inhabitants, all of whom speak a language that only they and Rider can understand. The vast majority of these inhabitants are nearly useless, completely unable to function in a war. They can, however, steer the city at Rider's command. Its flight speed is, unfortunately, not particularly fast.

Laputa can be used in a cataclysmic attack - Laputa: Descent of the Whore - B-rank Anti-Fortress - as the city's inhabitants guide it in a slow descent towards the ground, utterly destroying anything that remains below. However, the descent is slow enough that it is utterly unthinkable that someone with any level of mobility would be unable to get out of the way in time.

Actually, Gulliver has no claim to own this island, but it seems to run on the rule so common to explorers - that whichever European found it first, owns it. In any case, the inhabitants don't seem to be complaining.

Houyhnhm - Reversal of Horse and Man - C-rank Anti-Unit

An attack, that, upon hitting, reverses the concepts of 'Horse' and 'Rider' in its target. Anyone hit by this attack will begin to think of any horse they own as their Master, and will consider themselves inferior to any horse they meet. Of course, Rider has to hit the (almost certainly physically superior) enemy with this attack. In addition, an enemy with a particularly strong bond with their horse - Iskander or Rostam, for example - won't have their relationship change much, even if the Servant's attitude does alter.

It's also worth considering that Rider's ultimate attack only really works on the class that he himself has taken.

Lore and Personality
    Lore: The main character of Gulliver's Travels (or Travels into Several Remote Nations of the World. In Four Parts. By Lemuel Gulliver, First a Surgeon, and then a Captain of Several Ships, if you want to get technical), Jonathon Swift's most famous work.

I'd recommend reading it, but if you want a quick summary, it goes something like this: Gulliver finds himself in Liliput, where everything is small. It's used as a satirical technique to demonstrate how tiny and ridiculous some of society's problems are. After various silly adventures, he soon finds himself in Brobdingnag (or Brobdingrag, as Gulliver himself calls it), where everything is big. The exact opposite of Lilliput, Brobdingnag demonstrates how disgusting the small details can be when looked at closely. After this, book three is a little looser - he ends up in Laputa, Balnibarbi, Luggnagg, Glubbdubdrib and, believe it or not, Japan. The only real place that Gulliver visits in the book, too. There's probably a joke there, but I can't seem to find it. Book three's satire is less strongly thematic, but is the funniest. Finally, he ends up in the land of the Houyhnhnms, a species of intelligent horses. He spends the whole book singing their praises, though from what he describes, their society isn't really that impressive. In the end, he's banished from his personal paradise, and spends his time lamenting his fate while ignoring his wife to live in his stables.

As for why a purely fictional character has been summoned into a grail war - well, perhaps Swift was inspired by the story of a delusional sailor, who, upon having been marooned on an island with only horses for several years, had found himself unable to reintegrate into human society.

Personality: Gulliver despises human society, preferring to live among horses. He is personally disgusted by even the sight of a human. If a horse were to summon him, he'd be an ideal Servant - but for any human Master, he would be impossible to get along with.

He would spend most of his time avoiding all human contact, though his adventurous streak would prompt him to seek out the wonders of the modern world. If he could do that without seeing or interacting with anyone, that would be ideal.

It's also a real possibility that he would become obsessed with a certain popular children's cartoon about small horses. Really, he is the worst Servant anyone could possibly summon.

His wish is to return to the land of the Houyhnhnms, perhaps also in the body of a Houyhnhnm.