Page 219 of 858 FirstFirst ... 119169209214217218219220221224229269319719 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,380 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    while I can certainly imagine what sort of historical anecdote would crystallize into that sort of ability
    Tell me more.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    Tell me more.
    I dunno, maybe she assassinated some ruler or another and inserted a lookalike servant of hers in their place? Don't play coy with me.

US Friend Code
    Watt
    Awesome Servant, love his concept, personality, and abilities. You did great work on it. Curious, what would you think his relationship with Babbage would be like?
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    I dunno
    Nevermind, then.

It's a reference to her children. Specifically Caligula and Drusus. I thought the NP's title was enough to guess this.

I'll add more in later, I suppose.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Awesome Servant, love his concept, personality, and abilities. You did great work on it. Curious, what would you think his relationship with Babbage would be like?
    Pretty well I'd imagine, given the conceptual similarities between them.

Not sure on the details since I don't have a totally clear idea on what Babbage is like personality-wise (other then "strict, but weak against cute girls").

Blog Entries
    From the little we've seen of Babbage, I think they'd get along pretty well and work together to improve each other's works.

Babbage would probably see Watt as his predecessor and someone he owes a lot to considering his computers ran on the progress Watt paved.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zikari8 View Post
    From the little we've seen of Babbage, I think they'd get along pretty well and work together to improve each other's works.

Babbage would probably see Watt as his predecessor and someone he owes a lot to considering his computers ran on the progress Watt paved.
    Thinking about it, it's pretty damn weird that we still have no idea what Babbage actually looks like under that funky steam armor.

- - - Updated - - -

And I still think a good twist would've been if it was secretly Lovelace (his mistress and pupil) piloting the mecha in his stead. Seriously, the set-up was perfect!

Blog Entries
    And I still think a good twist would've been if it was secretly Lovelace (his mistress and pupil) piloting the mecha in his stead. Seriously, the set-up was perfect!
    So Babbage can be both a badass Mech and a kawaii Waifu? I'm in for this twist.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @James Watt: I gotta say I like the sheet. Usage of the Double Summon skill works well. I like the industrial horse idea too, really fits the vibe of the sheet. Only "complaint" is that the sheet itself is rather big. It waould also be interesting to see the bond CE and everything too.

@Julia Vipsania Agrippina: I like the core ideas of the sheet, they really work good together, opposite deal of what I said with Royd is that this one could maybe use a few more words

- - - Updated - - -

That sort of twist was already done with Artemis and Orion though, so the effect wouldn't have worked as well.

Blog Entries
    If anybody cares, I did go ahead and add a Key Words/Craft Essence (i.e Bond CE) section to Watt. Feel free to comment on that addition if you wish.

I took a fair bit of inspiration from Hououin Kyouma when it came to getting his mad scientist act down. Well, it helps that I'd been on a big Stein's;Gate binge lately...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If anybody cares, I did go ahead and add a Key Words/Craft Essence (i.e Bond CE) section to Watt. Feel free to comment on that addition if you wish.

I took a fair bit of inspiration from Hououin Kyouma when it came to getting his mad scientist act down. Well, it helps that I'd been on a big Stein's;Gate binge lately...
    Ok, I did laugh a bit at the second one.

Yeah those are both pretty damn funny and flavorful.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries

... I can definitely see the inspiration, the hamminess is unmistakable.

Blog Entries
    Here's the Servant Profile for Bartholomew Roberts! Remember, you're free to point out any flaws, and provide a way to correct them afterwards.

"...You there, with the baffled mug; are you my Master? If so, then shall we be on our way? We shall speak over the current matters with a cup of tea..."
    Faceclaim

Class Type: Rider

True Name: Bartholomew “Black Bart” Roberts

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Attribute: Man

Alternate Classes: Avenger

Catalyst: Any of the four Jolly Rogers he used

Dislikes: Drunkards, Cowards, Anyone who breaks his Code

Talent: Navigation and Tea-making

Natural Enemy: Sir Challoner Ogle

Parameters:

(Roberts)
    Strength - B
    Endurance - E
    Agility - B+
    Mana - E
    Luck - B-
    N.
    Phantasm - B

(Davis)
    Strength - C
    Endurance - E
    Agility - B
    Mana - E
    Luck - E
    N.
    Phantasm - n/a

Background
    Spoiler:

While not the most famous pirate captain, Bartholomew “Black Bart” Roberts was definitely the most successful one. With a record of over 470 ships raided, almost no vessels that encountered Roberts and lived to tell the tale. The outlaw terrorized the seas, raiding merchant ships to the point where naval trade was temporarily halted in fear of the Dread Pirate Roberts.

Despite his fearsome reputation, Robert’s beginnings as a pirate was rather unconventional; after the ship he worked as Third Mate was boarded in 1719 by the pirates of the Royal Fortune, led by Howell Davis. The young Welshman was forced to join in order to save his skin. At first, pirate novice Roberts was rather unwilling to live the life of a naval outlaw. However, it became apparent that he possessed exceptional skill in navigation, which quickly used to his advantage in gaining ground and popularity in the crew. Eventually, Roberts began to enjoy the riches and camaraderie within this new lifestyle and began embracing it.

It was barely six weeks when the death of Howell that made Roberts walk the path of the Pirate life; it was a hostage plan gone wrong, as the hostage in question managed to shoot Howell and escaped. After the death of the captain, Roberts won unanimous vote and immediately became captain of the crew. As his first order as captain, Roberts ordered the crew to avenge their captain’s death and assaulted the hostage’s settlement. Roberts and his crew assaulted the island in the dead of night, killing most of the male population, and carried most of their valuables away. At this point the newly appointed captain started to build his reputation in earnest.

For the next four years, Roberts and the crew of The Royal Fortune Sailed between various lands; from plundering the shores of Barbados to raiding merchant ships in West Africa. Within those years the captain amasses a sizable fleet, with names like Royal Rover, Good Fortune, Ranger and Little Ranger. To the world, “Black Bart” seemed invincible; even warships changed route when they caught sight of his Jolly Rogers.

By 1722, however, luck ran out for Roberts. After a celebration at Cape Lopez, the ship of a pirate hunter named Challoner Ogle approached Robert’s crew. Despite knowing he was at a disadvantage with his hung-over crew, Roberts still valiantly fought against the pirate hunter’s ship. Unfortunately, it was rather short-lived: within the beginning of the battle, a single grapeshot hit the “invincible” Black Bart, killing him instantly. As soon as the captain fell, the rest of the crew lost their will to fight, surrendered soon afterwards.

Before admitting to capture, however, the crew honored Robert’s wishes and threw his body overboard as a burial of sorts. Meanwhile, Robert’s treasury ship, Little Rover, managed to escape the battle, taking the riches it contained into safety and obscurity.

Personal Traits
    Spoiler:
    At first glance, anyone would’ve assumed Roberts was another stereotypical pirate: a dramatic crook who love riches above all else, and will plunder countless islands without a bit of guilt.

However, by being around Roberts more there’s proof that there are a number of quirks that distance himself from being one. For instance, the man never drinks or smokes; for he believes it will do no good for his own health and those around him. In fact, he will actively discourage anyone - including his Master - from doing so if they perform the two activities. As an alternative, Roberts favors the consumption of tea, and takes it very seriously; Gods save the poor soul who interrupts his teatime.

For a pirate, Roberts also had a his own Code; from every crew had equal share/authority to prohibiting gambling, anyone who breaks any of the rules will be met with swift retribution.

Additionally, the Welsh pirate also appreciated classical music. He would often let his ship’s musicians play everyday - except Sunday, since they do need rest.

However, the pirate captain is of the Evil alignment for a reason. While Roberts is capable of civility, he is also equally capable of brutality. The captain is perfectly fine with killing a dozen weakened hostages just to make an example. Once, he captured a slaver with 80 slaves on board. He burned that ship with all slaves on it just because he wouldn't waste any time or efforts to unshackle them. Roberts will nonchalantly prod his enemies and allies with skillful insults, gauging their potential weaknesses. He would use every advantages he could get, and will “Grant No Quarter” to those he defeat afterwards.

As for a wish from the Grail, it would be for the Age of Piracy to persist after his death, for he did not want the Age where his kind thrived to die out in such a pathetic manner as he did.

(While he will never admit it, but he has zero creativity at naming his ships, hence the repeated use of the word “Fortune” and “Royal”.)

(Looking back, Robert realized the nickname “Black Bart” sounded incredibly stupid. Why didn’t he think of “Dread Pirate Roberts” beforehand?)

Reactions to the Pirate-Age Servants:
    Spoiler:
    Edward Teach: Simply disappointed. His short period of fame was bad enough, but a hobby to collect plastic miniature figurines and raunchy picture books? Roberts was almost tempted to forget that Teach ever existed.

Anne Bonny & Mary Read: The duo was… interesting to converse with, to say at the least. Roberts have to applaud their valor, as they’re braver than even the men of his own crew. Although talking to them causes him to miss his friend/captain Howell Davis.

Francis Drake: Disapprove of her view on life. Too shortsighted for his liking: true, some luxuries are temporary, but isn’t it the very reason it should be savored slowly by taking it all in? Otherwise, A worthy fellow pirate he wished to have met in life.

Skills:
    Spoiler:

Class Skills:

Riding - n/a - Class Skill of Rider and Saber class servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding.
    Due to having the skill Voyager of the Storm, the Riding Skill is neutralized.

Magic Resistance - D - Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely reject Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Due to the low ranking, Roberts can only resist spells by a small margin.

Personal Skills:

Human Observation - B- - A technique to observe and understand people.
    Although it requires an lengthy conversation, Roberts is able to expertly probe a person’s behavior and mannerisms and not only infer about their background, but also can generate the right reaction/emotion from them.

Honor of Pirates - B - A unique Skill derived from a pirate's peculiar sense of values. Low ranking Mental Pollution, Bravery, Battle Continuation and others have been combined.
    Because of his stalwart Pirate’s Code, the skill is elevated to rank A, but was negated to B due its brutal enforcement.

Voyager of the Storm - A - The talent to sail vessels recognized as ships. Because the ability as a group leader is also necessary, this unique Skill also has the effects of both Charisma and Military Tactics.
    Roberts sailed all over the seas, ranging from the Caribbean to the reaches of Africa, and was able to direct a crew of barely 120 men to overtake hundreds of ships superior to theirs.

Noble Phantasms:
    Spoiler:

The Royal Fortune – The Wrath of The Dread Pirate - B -
    Anti-Army

Number of crew: ~520 people

Max number of targets: 400 people

A Noble Phantasm where Roberts creates a Reality Marble where the opponents are transported to a port, where they face Roberts, who is currently on his flagship, The Royal Fortune, along with the rest of the ships he owned in his lifetime. These ships are the world’s memories of Roberts’ exceptional life in piracy, and his gratitude of how it changed his life for the better.

Howell Davis also appears as an Heroic Spirit, and co-commands half of the pirate force. However, he is only bound to the Reality Marble, and disappears when the Reality Marble crumbles.

The fleet will begin to bombard the port with a barrage of cannons and muskets. Once the artillery assault is over, the ships will dock on the port, and the crew of the ships - around 110 men per ship - and will initiate a direct assault. The generic crew possess E in every parameter except Strength, which is D.

However, memories are fleeting, as it is possible for the ships to be sunk. And the longer the Reality Marble lasts, the ships within will eventually sink chronologically according to the reason of their disrepair: like leakage, poor condition or infection of worms. So the goal is to weaken the other Servants enough to be obliterated by the might of Robert’s Fleet of Fortune.
    Last edited by SleepMode; March 26th, 2017 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Added brackets to reduce size

Long but well done Bio and Personality.

Regarding NP: Both a Reality Marble and an Army summon, the classic "seen it a thousand times" NP, but in this case I actually kind of like it? The idea of "bombardment of a port" takes center stage, which is good. The flavor behind the idea is very nice as is the visual of the destruction of the ships.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    Regarding NP: Both a Reality Marble and an Army summon, the classic "seen it a thousand times" NP, but in this case I actually kind of like it? The idea of "bombardment of a port" takes center stage, which is good. The flavor behind the idea is very nice as is the visual of the destruction of the ships.
    Yeah, the Noble Phantasm wasn't my best idea, but given that most of the Pirates are associated with their ships, it kind of restrict the limit of what I can do with it. But I agree, the Anti-Army NP are a little overdone, and I wished I can do something about it.

If any of you have ideas, don't hesitate to post them!

Blog Entries
    “I am weak? Of course, I am. I have always been weak. So what? That’s nothing new. These were the cards I have always been dealt. Yes, it is because I am weak that I refuse to lose to the strong.”

Origin: China
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Attribute: Man
    Dislikes: Luxury, Shame, Bile
    Natural Enemy: Fuchai of Wu

Parameters:
    STR: E
    END: D
    AGI: D
    MGI: D
    LCK: C
    NP: D

Class Skills:
    Presence Concealment - -
    Hides one’s presence as a Servant. However, due to Assassin’s Espionage Skill, the Presence Concealment skill has been lost.

Personal Skills:
    Espionage C:
    Espionage does not conceal one’s presence, but rather makes one's presence fail to register as hostile. This Skill causes others to misunderstand one's status, including mistaking one for a kind neighbor, a harmless pebble, or as the most beloved person.

At this, enemies sufficiently see the user as someone that is neither hostile nor a threat. It is even possible for an enemy to believe the user is an ally. However, suspicious actions will lower the effectiveness of the skill drastically.

Military Tactics C:
    Tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one combat situations, but for battles where many are mobilized. Bonus modifiers are provided during use of one's own Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or when dealing against an enemy Anti-Army Noble Phantasm.
    In life, Assassin’s cleverness and tactics allowed him to overcome armies that outnumbered and outmoded his. This skill gains a particular bonus when engaging an enemy several times stronger than him.

King’s Return B:
    A skill representing a return to the throne in one’s life. A culmination of the wisdom and determination gained in one’s absence and proof of one’s worthiness for the throne. Bonus modifiers are provided to one’s ruling and commanding abilities.

Noble Phantasm:

Uncovered Blade that Defies Time
    Sword of Goujian:

Type: Anti-Unit

A bronze short-sword with ancient script engraved on it. It is a sword that cannot change. Its blade cannot bend, nor shatter, nor rust, whether against a more powerful sword or against the forces of nature.

This ability does not come from an exceptional power to conquer the fate of destruction. Instead, it is an imperfect blade that lacks the concept of time. As it does not observe the concept of time, it is locked in a state of absolute preservation for all of eternity.

Its ability, however, does not extend to its user. In battle, it is nothing more than an unbreakable blade with an above average sharpness.

Lore
    Assassin’s true name is Goujian of Yue, the king of Yue near the end of the Spring-Autumn Period and sometimes known as the last of the Five Hegemons. Goujian ascended to the throne when the previous king died, leaving him young, inexperienced, and in charge of a mourning kingdom. While the kingdom was still in its funeral period, the neighbouring country of Wu had just defeated the long-time superior country of Chu and laid its eyes on Yue. Goujian’s army was severely outnumbered and poorly armed, yet his clever ploys allowed him to draw out the king of Wu and defeat him in one-to-one battle.

Though the king of Wu died, his son, the newly-throned Fuchai of Wu, still lived and burned with vengeance towards the man who killed his father. In two years, Wu rebuilt its strength and attacked again. This time, no amount of tricks could save Yue and Goujian was forced to surrender and negotiate for peace. Yue became a vassal state and Goujian was removed from the throne, becoming a slave. For three years, Goujian would work at the stables of Wu, shamed in public. Everyday, the former king would bow down to normal citizens and toil tirelessly. Even so, he never once complained nor sighed. Those three long years, his spirit only grew and his brain was already planning his return.
    Thanks to his lack of rebellion, Fu Chai became convinced that Yue had completely fallen under his control and allowed Goujian to return to his country. But even when he returned, Goujian did not allow himself to forget the shame he felt as a slave. Rather than live in royal extravagance once again, he slept on a bed of straw and hung the gallbladder of a snake above his bed. Every day, he would lick the bitter organ and taste the bile to remember his place. All the while, his vengeance plan began. Pretending to still be subservient to Wu, he acted the obedient dog and always did as Fu Chai said. Then, he sent a number of beautiful concubines to the nobles of Wu, including one of the Four Great Beauties of China, Xi Shi.

Seduced by the beauties sent their way, the officials of Wu indulged in extravagance and squandered the wealth of the country. Slowly and steadily, Goujian ripped the country apart from within, pretending to be loyal while really attacking through economic offenses. Eventually, the country of Wu became a shallow shell of itself and was conquered by Goujian without putting up much resistance.

But even after he won, Goujian didn’t celebrate. He killed his own ministers, the very ones who made his success possible. Alone on the throne, he protected his country as long as he lived, but once he died, the country fell apart. The resurgent country of Chu took over but Yue and Wu, ending the legacy of Goujian.

Personality
    Goujian has often been described as a man who “kept his bow even after the birds had been downed, and slaughtered his hounds to eat after the hunt.” He is utterly ruthless in combat and does not think of anyone as an ally. Even if one were to give one’s life to serve him, he would never truly trust the person and wouldn’t hesitate to kill them. In the Holy Grail War, he would only see his Master as someone he has to fight alongside out of necessity and never turn his back to. He’d be especially wary of the command seals and plan to kill his Master at the final stage so that he cannot be betrayed when the Holy Grail is finally achieved.

His sense of honor is rather peculiar. On one hand, he abides by a strict code of self restraint, as he purposely lives a life of poverty and difficulty as acknowledgement of his defeat and shame. On the other hand, he does not hold back at all and uses every method possible to achieve victory. He even filled his army’s front lines with criminals on the death row, utilizing their bloodthirsty nature and desperate states to scare off his enemies.

This discrepancy stems from a strict distinction between his personal beliefs and his duties as a king. He embodies the principle that a king must do everything he can for his country and that it is a king’s duty to bring his country to success no matter what. To achieve this, a king must be cruel and merciless. A king cannot enforce his own morals when it comes to matters that affect the whole state. So that the citizens can be happy and innocent, the king above all must live a life of agony and sin. Though he felt much shame as a slave, he never took personal hatred against Wu. His revenge stemmed solely from the need to protect his country. Though he was thankful for the help of his ministers and scholars, he killed them so that they could never betray him and send the country into chaos.

His wish for the Holy Grail is the only one suitable for a king. The prosperity of his country even in its new form as part of the modern country of China. He has no regrets and does not wish to change the destruction of Yue, but would rather see it prosper in the present.

Extra
    Arturia: “Know this, King of Knights. A King knows not honor. If you truly wish to serve your country, throw away those childish thoughts and raise your sword.”

Iskander: “Powerful… I am lucky a man like him never existed in my time. If he intended to conquer my country, I’d surrender in an instant. And I doubt any amount of treachery could bring down his empire.”

Master: “Very well. To obtain the grail, I shall allow you to work with me.”

Regarding his class: “Why am I assassin if my Noble Phantasm is a sword? Well, there are numerous reasons, but in the end, I suppose it’s because my stats suck.”

Valentines (?): “Chocolate? Hmph, are you planning to poison me?”

Bond CE: Unforgettable Taste

He sticks out his tongue and licks it once.
    The taste runs through his body. A bitterness that would make most men cry. Disgust forces him to lose strength in his knees.
    No amount of water would remove the taste. His spirit dims.
    Good. Today again, he will be able to kneel.
    Last edited by zikari8; February 11th, 2017 at 07:53 PM.

Really nice personality, FC, and skills.

But I feel like "Unbreakability" is sort of an inherent quality of Noble Phantasms. Like, Broken Phantasms exist, but they are a deliberate choice, not really something that just happens. P sure they don't rust either. The flavor of being outside of time is cool but I don't know if there isn't something more to be done with it.

But then again this guy's whole motif is built around being pretty weak, so adding other stuff might take away from the idea. I dunno, just sharing my thoughts.

Blog Entries
    Hmm... I'm not to sure about the whole breakability aspect of Noble Phantasms. I suppose we've never truly seen a Noble Phantasm be broken in combat, but they have been damaged before. Gilles' spellbook was cut by Diarmuid in Fate/Zero and I feel like the implication there was that it could be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by zikari8 View Post
    Hmm... I'm not to sure about the whole breakability aspect of Noble Phantasms. I suppose we've never truly seen a Noble Phantasm be broken in combat, but they have been damaged before. Gilles' spellbook was cut by Diarmuid in Fate/Zero and I feel like the implication there was that it could be destroyed.
    That's a fair point. I guess I was thinking more in terms of weapon Phantasms, but it's possible those could be broken too. It's probably fine.