Page 512 of 858 FirstFirst ... 12412462502507510511512513514517522562612 ... LastLast
Results 10,221 to 10,240 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Blackbeard: Competent sheet, but I have a problem with these Blackbeard redones.
    Look, I understand that people are not a fan of the current portrayal, so they wish to do one that is "true to the legend". And y'know, that's fine. The part that bothers me is that in the end they're mechanically basically the same sheet as the original idea.Voyager of the Storm, Battle Continuation works the same way as Honor of Pirates. Queen Anne's Revenge is basically the same NP but with a bigger focus on the spirit part instead of the Power of Nakama that OG Blackbeard have.
    I just have to say. I think this sheet and the other one are just boring sheets. There's no flair or twist to it. I've already seen 90% of those ideas in Type Moon's version. Just removing the comedy aspect of that idea does not make it an interesting one. If i look back at those two sheets, the only thing that they add that is different from the OG sheet is a Innocent Monster-esque that gives him intimidation and flame powers and in the second sheet just intimidation.
    I don't know man, I just get no pleasure reading it. Maybe I'm being too harsh here. After all it's only two sheets. And Blackbeard is very famous but his legend is very "closed off". Everyone just thinks of the same thing. Fire beard, crazy, resistant with a cool (ghost) boat, so these sheets always fit nicely into his legend. But if people are just going to make the same sheet over and over again man. Just focus on someone else.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    Blackbeard: Competent sheet, but I have a problem with these Blackbeard redones.
    Look, I understand that people are not a fan of the current portrayal, so they wish to do one that is "true to the legend". And y'know, that's fine. The part that bothers me is that in the end they're mechanically basically the same sheet as the original idea.Voyager of the Storm, Battle Continuation works the same way as Honor of Pirates. Queen Anne's Revenge is basically the same NP but with a bigger focus on the spirit part instead of the Power of Nakama that OG Blackbeard have.
    I just have to say. I think this sheet and the other one are just boring sheets. There's no flair or twist to it. I've already seen 90% of those ideas in Type Moon's version. Just removing the comedy aspect of that idea does not make it an interesting one. If i look back at those two sheets, the only thing that they add that is different from the OG sheet is a Innocent Monster-esque that gives him intimidation and flame powers and in the second sheet just intimidation.
    I don't know man, I just get no pleasure reading it. Maybe I'm being too harsh here. After all it's only two sheets. And Blackbeard is very famous but his legend is very "closed off". Everyone just thinks of the same thing. Fire beard, crazy, resistant with a cool (ghost) boat, so these sheets always fit nicely into his legend. But if people are just going to make the same sheet over and over again man. Just focus on someone else.
    Honestly Blackbeard becomes way more interesting after he screws over Bonnet and accepts the royal pardon because it’s a little different from the usual high seas stuff

私の名前何ですか?What is my name? Lethildiren's Avatar
    To be fair, I wasn't actually aware there was another sheet posted here. That was in the last thread, after all, and-- well, to be honest, I sort of skimmed the index for that.

That said, will do, I guess.
    Old soul. Where are you going, old soul?
    行人腕弛い。どこに行きません、行人腕弛い?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethildiren View Post
    To be fair, I wasn't actually aware there was another sheet posted here. That was in the last thread, after all, and-- well, to be honest, I sort of skimmed the index for that.

That said, will do, I guess.
    Actually, the other one JetKinen was referring to was probably also on this thread (at least going by the mention of flame powers).

It's just not visible on the index because the index hasn't been updated in an ungodly amount of time. (Hint hint, Seika)

Blog Entries
    It is indeed that one Royd

私の名前何ですか?What is my name? Lethildiren's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Actually, the other one JetKinen was referring to was probably also on this thread (at least going by the mention of flame powers).

It's just not visible on the index because the index hasn't been updated in an ungodly amount of time. (Hint hint, Seika)
    Ah. Well, uh... alright then.

My own sheet feels vaguely subpar in comparison, and I'm not sure why. Huh. Okay then.
    Old soul. Where are you going, old soul?
    行人腕弛い。どこに行きません、行人腕弛い?

Blog Entries
    I took this as a personal challenge, and have probably failed. I apologize if I'm stepping on anyone's toes here.

Blackbeard Alter

"lolololololololololololololololololololololololol olol..."

Source

Class: Berserker
    Region: Caribbean Sea
    Source: Historical Fact
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Parameters:
    STR: A+
    END: A+
    AGI: E
    MGI: C
    LCK: E
    NP: A

Class Skills:
    Madness Enhancement C
    The Berserker Class’s skill that raises physical ability in exchange for one’s sanity. At this rank, all of Berserker’s physical parameters are ranked up, but he loses the ability to think and speak.

Personal Skills:

Infamous Charisma B
    A form of Charisma that relies on intimidation rather than natural charm or leadership. It is the embodiment of the maxim, ruling by fear. It not only grants a boost an ability to one’s allies, but also has the effect of decreasing enemy status via fear and pressure. Both effects do not apply to those with mental resistance skills C-rank or higher.

Battle Continuation A
    A Skill that allows for the continuation of combat after sustaining mortal wounds. It will also reduce mortality rate from injury. Born from Berserker’s indomitable force of will, it represents his ability to fight after suffering incredible fatal wounds. At this rank, he would be able to stay fighting for hours after losing his head or having a crushed heart.

Devil’s Spawn A
    A skill that denotes one who is an incarnation of the devil. In effect, it is a composite skill combining Mental Pollution, Natural Monster, Berserk, and Mana Burst (Flames). It is born from the fearsome image of Edward Teach, feared among some as the reincarnation of Satan himself. Under the effects of this skill, Berserker gains horns underneath his hat, a tail, and goat-like feet. A weaker, low-cost version of his Mana Burst (Flames) can be continuously used to supplement his ominous appearance.

Noble Phantasm

Symbol of the Dark Seas
    Devil Fruit

Type: Anti-Fleet

A black trident made of an unknown material, shrouded in a dark aura of magical energy. It is the weapon seen on Edward Teach’s flag, depicting a skeleton toasting the Devil and spearing a heart. If the skeleton on the flag represents Berserker, then the spear is his weapon, born from his worship of Satan. Indeed, the true identity of this polearm is in fact the Devil’s own pitchfork, loaned to Berserker as Satan’s incarnation, or perhaps also known as the Trident of Poseidon.

The idea of Satan wielding a trident stems from the demonization of pagan gods during the spread of Christianity, specifically in this case the weapon of Poseidon becoming the weapon of the Devil. As a noble phantasm, it retains these original traits due in part to Berserker’s preference.

This Noble Phantasm allows Berserker to conjure and emit large amounts of seawater from the trident as projectile attacks, treating the trident somewhat like a staff. The very nature of the trident is cursed and will bring calamity to all that are washed away by the torrent of water that the trident produces. However, the true power of the weapon is displayed at sea where it grants Berserker the ability to control the flow of the seas. At full force, he can create a giant whirlpool that can destroy an entire battalion of enemy ships. Truly, there is no more fitting weapon for the man who once ruled the seas with an iron fist of fear.

Due to the demonic nature of the trident, it is possible for him to use it under Mad Enhancement. In fact, the more polluted his mind, the greater the power of the noble phantasm. As a side note, the noble phantasm is named after the fruit of sin which Satan coerced the primordial humans to eat.

Background
    Berserker’s original identity is not that of Edward Teach, but of another pirate. He was once a servant by the name of Captain Hook, the notorious villain from the famous story of Peter Pan. Due to numerous circumstances, he acquired the grail and used it for himself. His wish was to become the greatest, most fearsome pirate in the world. It was granted; however, it did not simply make Hook stronger. In the mind of Captain Hook, the greatest, most fearsome pirate was not a stronger version of himself, but his former captain, Edward Teach.

The terrifying image of Blackbeard, a shadowy face shrouded in dancing flames, the incarnation of Satan himself, which was burned into Hook’s mind from his former service was then given birth by the grail. Hook transformed into what he perceived Blackbeard to be, an all-powerful demonic captain who struck fear into every man, pirate or not, classified as Blackbeard Alter.

The skills, noble phantasm, and abilities of Blackbeard Alter are all based on a perception of what Edward Teach was like rather than what he actually is. His very madness is born from Hook’s inability to understand the mind of his captain, and his demonic powers are born from the idea of him being Satan incarnate. None of Hook’s original character remains, only a mad pirate cloaked in dark flames. Robbed of the ability to think, Berserker mumbles the sound “lol” repeatedly, as if replicating the gurgle of the depths.

In the end, Berserker is not Edward Teach. He is Blackbeard, the symbol of greed and terror who haunts the seas with an iron fist and ghastly appearance. All who hear his name tremble for they stand before the gates of Hell.

Blog Entries
    I always thought that the Devil King Skill would be a pretty good fit for Blackbeard. I mean, if you take Nobunaga's sheet seriously then the Devil King Skill probably differs from Innocent Monster in that the Servant purposefuly built up their monstrous reputation and embraced it instead of getting stuck with it after their death, so it could be used to represent Teach's "evil satanic pirate captain" thing.
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The starting penalty is five.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries

Jolly good.

Blog Entries
    That's a good point. I'd regarded it as a Nobu-unique skill since being a Maou is so centric to her character, but I suppose it could be used with Teach.

--Edit--

Frederick: Rather interesting Servant. I'd actually be more interested in his abilities as a vessel for wishes.
    Last edited by zikari8; April 10th, 2018 at 10:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    Very nice Blackbeard sheet. Way more interesting
    Devil's Spawn is nice. It's essentially a variation on Oni Kind Demon for non Onis.
    The Noble Phantasm has very good ties with the flag and the demonization of the old sea gods. If It were me, I'd put a little extra flair on it like "waters become corrupted from the demonic energy" or whatever but thats minor stuff.
    The biography of the sheet is okay. Kinda of a wacky idea, but its good enough imo.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Poor Blackbeard, people only like him when he's literally someone else.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    I like Nasu Blackbeard! The longer you think about his design, the more genius it becomes.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Being a greasy neckbeard is genius?

Blog Entries
    I really like Nasu's Blackbeard. Or at least I've grown to like it.

I just think its boring to read the same sheet with the same powers just with a more serious coat of paint

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nasu Blackbeard seemed too parodic at first, but he kinda grows on you like an "favorite joke" sort of way.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I, too, started to like Blackbeard some time after my initial rejection.

But who knows, maybe FGO is just slowly brainwashing me.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I've always liked Blackbeard, to be honest. He's one of my favorite Riders

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    I've always liked Blackbeard, to be honest. He's one of my favorite Riders
    Wow although i dont own a fate Grand order it seems that Kurohige is one of the top favorites in the community ...
    What are really the most favorite servants there ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...