Page 668 of 858 FirstFirst ... 168568618658663666667668669670673678718768 ... LastLast
Results 13,341 to 13,360 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Oh no, I am planning to use Lyza FC too.

On the Sheet itself, I like 'regression' NP.

More Than A Little Bit Dead Inside Karolingi's Avatar
    Hermes Trismegistus
    Nicknames: Hermes the Thrice Blessed, Thrice-Greatest Hermes, Prophet Idris/Enoch, Metatron, the Patriarch, Emmeduranki, Enmendurana
    Origin: Unknown, Maybe Babylon, Maybe Sippar

Alignment: True Neutral
    Class: Caster / Grand Caster

Strength: C
    Endurance: D+
    Agility: B
    Mana: EX
    Luck: A

Dislikes: Imbeciles, Those Who Burn Books looking at you Caesar
    Talents: Thought Beyond Oneself, Appearing Regal
    Natural Enemy: All Who Would Destroy Knowledge

Class Skills-

Spoiler:
    Item Construction: EX
    -It is the Skill to manufacture magical items, from implements of war to items for daily use. Also, this Skill requires time to gather components and manufacture items.
    Alchemical theory dictates that one can create something from something, no matter how large the leap, it can be achieved. The limits of what an alchemists can do is dictated by their skill, and as the founder of alchemy itself, Hermes Trismegistus is quite literally the greatest alchemist to walk the face of the earth. Sand into diamonds, air into water, iron into gold, there is nothing beyond the limits of Hermes.

Territory Construction: C
    -Hermes was a wandering teacher, never in one place for most of his lifetime. However, his lifetime was a few thousand years, so he did settle down for a few decades or centuries at a time. Although in no way adept at making laboratories, Hermes can make temporary workstations for him to work his alchemical, astrological, and theurgical genius

Personal Skills-

Spoiler:
    Divinity: B+
    -Divinity is the measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels one is treated as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a Monster or Demonic Beast raises. It can also decrease due to one's dislike for the gods. Those who have A Rank Divinity or above has reached the throne of a god. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called 'purge defense' in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith and Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig.
    The combination of the gods Hermes and Thoth, it was only natural for Hermes Trismegistus to be seated among the thrones of the gods. Hermes is also descendant of Adam, and great-grandfather of Noah, which gives him a strong connection to the Abrahamic God. Added onto that he is also known to be the archangel Metatron, Angelic Scribe of Heaven. However, as time progressed, Hermes Trismegistus slowly became less, and less, and less divine. A mix of a lack of faith in his divinity, as well as Hermes himself wanting to distance himself from divinity led to his fall from godhood, though he still ranks high in the divinity stat.

Three Parts of the Wisdom of the Whole Universe: EX
    -Replacing his Clairvoyance skill, Three Parts of the Wisdom of the Whole Universe relates to Hermes’ complete knowledge of the all three parts of the universe. Alchemy, Astrology, and Theurgy. By using these parts, Hermes is able to see clearly into the past and future, as well all other bonuses that come with the normal Clairvoyance skill.

Prisca Theologia: EX
    -Prisca theologia is the doctrine that asserts that a single, true theology exists, which threads through all religions, and which was anciently given by God to man. From his unknown birthdate of after Adam but before Noah, Hermes has influenced the theology of man since the very beginning. He was the prophet Enoch/Idris, interpreting the word of God for the children of Abraham, he is great-grandfather of Noah, he taught Abraham the ways of mysticism, he was there when Moses crossed the Red Sea, he is direct kinsman of nearly all the prophets of Abrahamic religion. If one thought too hard, it would seem all ties of God stemmed from Hermes himself. This complete and dedicated connection to the magic of the world has boosted Hermes’ mana levels to quite insane levels, never will he have to fear a lack of force, never will he have to fear his limits.

Cyranides: C+
    -The Cyranides is a compilation of magico-medical works in Greek first put together in the 4th century. It has been described as a "farrago" and a texte vivant, owing to the complexities of its transmission: it has been abridged, rearranged, and supplemented. The resulting compilation covers the magical properties and practical uses of gemstones, plants, and animals, and is a virtual encyclopedia of amulets; it also contains material pertinent to the history of western alchemy, and to New Testament studies, particularly in illuminating meanings of words and magico-religious practices. The books was reportedly written by Hermes by Islamic sources. This skill allows Hermes to perform powerful rituals of healing on allies.

The Hermetica: Asclepius: A
    -The Hermetica are Egyptian-Greek wisdom texts from the 2nd century AD, written by Hermes himself. The dialogue called the Asclepius (after the Greek god of healing) describes the art of imprisoning the souls of demons or of angels in statues with the help of herbs, gems, and odors, so that the statute could speak and engage in prophecy. In other papyri, there are recipes for constructing such images and animating them, such as when images are to be fashioned hollow so as to enclose a magic name inscribed on gold leaf. This skill allows Hermes to permanently trap any angel, demon, god, or any divine creature into statuettes and the such using mana. This includes enemy servants with a divinity ranking.

King of the City of Utu: D
    -As the King of Sippar under the name Enmendurana, the seventh king of humankind, heir of He Who Brought Civilization, Alulim, Hermes was the king of the city with the greatest temple to the Sun God Utu within it. Utu was the patron of Sippar, and he resided in their great ziggurat that Hermes visited hundreds of thousands of times during his 43,200 year reign as king. As the God of the Sun, Justice, Morality, and Truth, Utu has granted Hermes permanent blessings for his devotion over the millenia he reigned. These blessings increase and decrease in power depending on the strength of the sun, and include a minor boost to magical defense and the ability to perceive lies with near perfect accuracy.

Noble Phantasms-

Spoiler:
    Corpus Hermetica: B+ [Anti-Unit]
    The Teacher’s Lexicon
    "My poor ignorant student,
    It is my duty to enlighten those who can not see,
    Do not fret, let me read from the Hermetica"
    Targets: 1

-The Hermetica are Egyptian-Greek wisdom texts from the 2nd and 3rd centuries AD, which are mostly presented as dialogues in which a teacher, generally identified as Hermes Trismegistus enlightens a disciple. The texts form the basis of Hermeticism. They discuss the divine, the cosmos, mind, and nature. Some touch upon alchemy, astrology, and related concepts.
    Hermes is always looking for students to teach, it is one of the few things he both loves and is good at. Because of this, if Hermes finds a suitable candidate for a disciple, he will jump at the chance to take them under his wing. A “suitable” candidate must be strong willed, not scared to take risks, naturally intelligent, and patient, the necessary traits needed to perform high level alchemy. When a disciple is found, Hermes will insist that he needs to spend at least 24 hours training said disciple, but forced learning through magic is possible, if incredibly dangerous. When fully taught, said graduate will be able to perform near the limits of human alchemy, about as powerful and knowledgeable as any master alchemist from 1300s Europe.

Book of the Watchers: C+ [Anti-Army]
    The Forgotten Gospel of Enoch
    "I have foretold the flood, the coming of Christ, all things,
    And yet my words were ignored, and yet my manuscripts were lost,
    But no longer! Open the Book of the Watchers and release the sins within!"
    Targets: 1000

-This first section of the Book of Enoch describes the fall of the Watchers, the angels who fathered the Nephilim and narrates the travels of Enoch in the heavens. This section is said to have been composed in the 4th or 3rd century BC according to Western scholars.
    The first section of the book depicts the interaction of the fallen angels with mankind; Sêmîazâz compels the other 199 fallen angels to take human wives to "beget us children". “And they became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three hundred ells: Who consumed all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them, the giants turned against them and devoured mankind. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood.” This mention in the Book of the Watchers, written by none other than Hermes himself, allows him to “open” the book and summon forth the bloodthirsty giants of old to destroy all things around him. However, Hermes is unable to control the giants and they will rampage across the land until they are all killed.

Emerald Tablet: EX [Anti-World]
    The Authority over both God and Cosmos
    "Know the secrets of the Prima Materia,
    As above, so below, My Magnum Opus!
    The Emerald Tablet!"
    Targets: ???

-The Emerald Tablet, also known as the Smaragdine Table, or Tabula Smaragdina, is a compact and cryptic piece of the Hermetica reputed to contain the secret of the prima materia and its transmutation. It was highly regarded by European alchemists as the foundation of their art and its Hermetic tradition. Although Hermes Trismegistus is the author named in the text, its first known appearance is in a book written in Arabic between the sixth and eighth centuries. The text was first translated into Latin in the twelfth century. Numerous translations, interpretations and commentaries followed. The layers of meaning in the Emerald Tablet have been associated with the creation of the philosopher's stone, laboratory experimentation, phase transition, the alchemical magnum opus, the ancient, classical, element system, and the correspondence between macrocosm and microcosm.
    To control the primordial forces that created the universe, is to be able to recreate the universe itself. Being able to both create and mold the prima materia is not only powerful, but godlike in its scope. With the prima materia, one can create or recreate any single thing to ever exist in this dimension or the next. A piece of matter that is formless, just begging to be melded by the master hands of a creator. And Hermes will be that creator. When Hermes deems it necessary, he will raise the original, solid emerald tablet from the depths of the earth…
    From here, he will be able to create prima materia as long as he is inside a territory he previously created. If fighting Hermes, it is imperative that you do not allow Hermes to acquire prima materia, as his acquisition of this formless base of all things will elevate him from a near unmatched caster second to none in subjects related to alchemy, astronomy, and theurgy, into the very definition of a man wielding godlike power. So far away will Hermes become in terms of power, that only that strongest of heroes, Gilgamesh, would be able to defeat him. However, this knowledge is considered forbidden in the eyes of the universe, and takes such incredible energy and willpower to create prima materia that it isn’t out of the question to use human sacrifice. It will also catch the ire of Gaia herself, as this blatant disregard for the proper order of the universe is something that can not simply be overlooked, and most certainly can not be ignored. Still, the mana cost of this is incomprehensible, this usually wouldn’t be a problem for the old divine Hermes, but in his now fully mortal form even his incredibly high mana isn’t able to fully cope with the weight of creating such a primal material. A rough approximation of how much mana it would cost is around two of Hermes’ extreme limits combined. The cost is, by all accounts, worth the payoff in the end.

Hermes Hate Essay

Spoiler:
    In the myths and legends of Europe and the Near East rests a figure known as Hermes Trismegistus. I would wager to you that you have never heard of this man, the archaic master of alchemy, astrology, and theurgy born of the minds of early alchemists. However, I have indeed heard of Hermes Trismegistus, and I hate him with a passion.
    When I first learned of Hermes is was because of the Paradox Grand Strategy title Crusader Kings II where the Hermetic Society exists as a secret society your character can join and do missions for for artifacts and other boons. At the time I had a small hobby of making “sheets” of historical characters using the lore and templates from TypeMoon’s Fate series. How perfect Hermes seemed to be for this little hobby of mine, an ancient human who held a good deal of power. Therefore, I began my research into the myth known as Hermes Trismegistus, and slowly went insane.
    As I read more and more about the disgusting creature Hermes the more I was shocked at just how far his rabbit hole went. The man was not the small figure I had thought he was, he was much more powerful than I could ever have conceived of when I first ventured to learn of him. Hermes Trismegistus is a direct evolution from the Hellenistic god Hermes-Thoth into a more Abrahamic-friendly version Hermes Trismegistus, I had expected this, but what I didn’t expect is when I discovered that, in Islamic papers and theology, Hermes Trismegistus is considered another name for the prophet Idris, also known as Enoch for Christians. Already Hermes was divine from being both a hybrid of a Greek and an Egyptian god as well as being a literal prophet for Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. But this was not the end, for that would be too easy, instead I discovered the connections many had made between the prophet Enoch and the ancient mythical Sumerian king Emmeduranki, or Enmendurana, who ruled his city of Sippar for tens of thousands of years nearly a quarter of a million years ago. Oh great, I thought to myself, yet more power given to the grotesque being that is Hermes Trismegistus. But it did not stop, it would not stop, as we all probably know from our voluntary year long study of the Bible the prophet Enoch became the archangel Metatron, the lord of the borders of heaven. By this point my hatred of Hermes was reaching a fever pitch, how dare he be so powerful? He was making my life much more difficult than it had to be, and yet it still was not over.
    Enter the most famous thing Hermes Trismegistus is credited in creating, the Emerald Tablet. The Emerald Tablet is essentially the blueprints for an alchemist to reach apotheosis. Held within the lines of the Emerald Tablet is the secret to the prima materia, or the very building blocks of the universe. With the prima materia an alchemist can create anything imaginable with literally no limitations other than the alchemist’s whims. Now enter the stories of Enoch, the man who tutored Noah and taught Moses the arts of mysticism, the man who wrote forgotten gospel that foretold the coming of Christ. Now enter the stories of Hermes-Thoth, the literal God of Medicine and Knowledge. Now enter the many hundreds of works attributed to Hermes Trismegistus by scholars who wanted their works to have more credibility. It just kept going to the point I stopped existing as a human being researching some random historical figure, I became a scholarly crusader whose only desire was the cleansing of the unholy beast that was Hermes Trismegistus.
    It is all of this that has made Hermes a cursed name in my eyes. I sit in class and gaze at the innocent faces of my classmates, ignorant of the horror that is the history and origin of the abhorrent figure of Hermes Trismegistus. The man who has existed since the near dawn of humankind and has indulged himself in the appropriation of thousands of small legends and the morphing of himself into figures as grand as gods and prophets. A truly horrid figure that deserves no praise, no recognition, no love, and certainly is not worth the time and effort I spent researching his abomination of a life.

Weaknesses-

Hermes does not have conventional weaknesses bar the usual caster limitations.

Personality-

After living since the near dawn of human civilization, Hermes has gone from a merciful and just king, to a kind teacher wanting to know the mysteries of the world, into a passive and stoic machine fixated on his drive for the world’s answers. He isn’t mean spirited, just tired, jaded through and through.

To his master, Hermes will be cordial until his master proves themselves worthy of his attention. When this happens, Hermes will become like a fussy teacher, always pushing his master to learn and get better, all the while doing his best to scout out his master’s limits in an attempt to determine if said master could be a candidate for Corpus Hermetica. At the final and friendliest stages of their relationship, Hermes will be like his true self towards his master, a goofy scholar with a heart of gold and the patience of a saint.

Desire: Hermes wants to know the answers, all of them.

Appearance-

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Would reverting the effects of Christian-related skills be too OP for someone who thought Christians were doing things wrong but did nothing about it like Juana la Loca?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Would reverting the effects of Christian-related skills be too OP for someone who thought Christians were doing things wrong but did nothing about it like Juana la Loca?
    Seems a little too much based on a cursory glance at her legend. Perhaps a resistance to Christianity-related effects, maybe the ability to ignore passive effects (Charisma etc.) that come from Servants with a Christian background.
    That part isn't too significant in my opinion, so I would suggest tacking it onto another Skill as a + effect or something.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yup, I thought it'd most likely be too much. I wanted her to have a skill that powered her up a bit, but I'll give her a secondary effect from Mental Pollution that negates Charisma​ from Christians and that

- - - Updated - - -

On another note, I contacted Seika two days ago about the thread ownership but she hasn't answered yet. I guess I'll have to contact another mod

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Here is the First part of my Fenris Project three of one profile of Fenris here is thepost curse Fenris Version ,the second will be his pre curse selv and the third his Avenger Version please take your oppinion and judgement.

First part:
    Fenris
    (Berserker)

...Wruuhhh…

note:this is the nearest Picture i found that match my Imagination of Fenrs/rir as Berserker ,he has instead the diplayed Armor ,in the inactive state a Chain Armor out of Gleipnir and his normal colorsheme is more like this[URL="https://www.google.at/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiIi8u6t8XdAhWswAIHHfuPArgQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fskydiver_hh%2F8611091752&psig=AOvVaw3atVVSAtCQZB64oROyF_t5&ust=1537390335948141"[/URL]]

Identity: Fenris
    Title: Rangnarok-wolf, Ancestor of all werewolvs

Other names: Fenrir

Height: 245
    cm(as Berserker)
    Weight: 156~
    kg(as Berserker)
    Alignment: Benevolant Neutral/Lawful Evil

Attribute:
    Earth/phantasmal
    Origin: North Europe

Weapon: Gleipnir,his Claws and jar((as Berserker)

Alternative classes:
    Lancer(part two is following),Rider(with Jourmungadr and Hel),Avenger,Beast (as part of Chimeros),Caster(Lily)
    Likes: The moon the Wilderness ,his Family,honesty and sensibel Humans,to care About his siblings

Dislikes: Thor ,Odin,Humans,destruction,Loki

Talents: (initially:bring hopefullness his siblings,quirky decisions),Hunting(Humans and Spirits in particular),instinctive battlstrategy

Natural enemy: Loki,Samson
    Catalyst:Werewolve samples,Runes of his Father,having a wolf or Lycanthropian as spiritualform

Parameters
    Strength: A+
    Endurance: EX

Agility: A++

Luck: C-

Mana:
    A
    NP:
    A++

Background
    Fenris Born as Demigod ,with Loki Intention to create a Champion to one day defeat Thor and helping him(alongside his siblings)to usurp Odin ,atleast in his fathers Imagination, he as before his curse a cheerfull Young Boy who wanted (at the begin)to impress his Father(not unlike a certain tohsaka) but after he reached the thirdteenth liveyear he lost the slowly the trust in his Father but to protct his siblngs he followed his orders ,one was to start a journey gain experience and Reputation ,he travelled in the northern europe and made some (rather minor) heroic deeds ,in These journeys he aquired the trust of the Nordic Gods and inherited few Runes of Odin ,gained the love of Gyge and gave her two childrenn Hati and Sköll.He gained finally some containmend in his life as his Father appeard as he was Hunting and he wanted to finnaly let his plan go in the crucial Phase, Fenris on the other hand dont wanted to help his Father but was forced by him,later he was forced to fight Thor and Odin alongside his Siblngs and Father but was defeated he and his childrenn were cursed either into Monster or were banished. He was transformed into a wolf alogside his childrenn .the remaining parts of his life he reduced to a Revenge craving beast and chained on Gleipnir his once dear holded Spear...and his vrecords as Heroic warrior were purged.

Personality/Behavior
    Fenris is acting basically like a typicall man hating beast ,he dislike the staying in great human populated places and gets slightly more aggresive and eratic and prefer quiet and soothing places,in the Fighting he showing a cunning prowess and surprisingly tactical capability(is this a remnant of his Human time ?) for a beast as such he is abbble to seize his Opponent(/Prey) and is capable of using various tactics in conjunction of the Environment like hit and run in the forest the baiting into disadvantagic Areas like swamps or mountanous Terrains to win.
    However it occures conditions where his once existed humanity is showing ,like that he dont attack childrenn or that he is his Master initially not hostile natured.However he may distrust his Master and Shows in These Terms similarities like his other class members .should he found fondness of his Master or his Master is already a childrenn he will act exactly like a certain Berserker iconic.

However even when he communicate almost only in the ways like a wolf he is able to speak like a humanoid servant although he will only speak up if he likes and trust his Master ,but even then will he rarely speak anything .

Skills
    Class skills:
    Madenned nature(curse): A
    The product of in this case bestial curse Odin has burdened upon him,he lost Mayor parts of his human(sane) nature and was exposed the Madness of his deeds and his unconcious negative imfluencese ,he is now almost complete reduced to a instinctive hatred and revernge driven beast .at this rank he is robbed completly his human nature with only remnants of his once brightfull nature.
    in practice its effects are simmilar to Mad Enhancement but yet different as such it draines the sanity not direct more through alter the very nature of the inheritor into a (seemingly)mindless beast,on the other Hand donates it skills and abbilities based on their new form like Presence obscurity rank B- ,enhanced senses(Beast) A and a rank up in Instincts.

Personal skills:
    Self-modification A:
    Instinct A++:Through his cursefull Transformation he was robbed greatly parts of his human reason but was in Exchange bestowed with the insinct of a beast, in his case he can precisely evaluete the best Course of Action on the battleground in a instant as a form of mental guide ,aswell as a danger detection and at this rank in conjunction to his enhanced sense is it for a Assassin Servant(or similar in Stealth capable ones) virtually impossible to hide from him .
    Child of Nature (Phantasmal) Ex: During his enturies of his existence as Lycanthropian creature he forged a bond with Gaia and gained the Status of a phantasmal beast at the millenia rank ,as such he is able to gain Mana from his Environment and gain indirect reinforcement from Gaia in form of Parameter rank up when he fights against for her dangerous Servants or a a better luck state .
    Divinity:E
    Although he was robed all of his divinity ,his pure existence lets him Keep a ounce of divinty .

Noble Phantasm

Chain of obscurity

Gleipnir

Type: Anti-Bestiality
    Range: near to middle
    Maximum number of targets:
    Description:
    The cursed chain who he called once his dear holded Spear,now it was his Prison ,although he had after their both transformations no Control over it he gains through his summoning as Servant again the authority of the envokation of his weapon ,by crying/roaring "Gleipnir !" is the chain breastplate returning to the original chain ,the chain has sealing properties especially against every non-mundane being as such it is quite effec tive in binding Servants especially Divines or one that have phantasmal or Draconoid properties , but the chain can also crush or strangle the Opponent in this case becomes the sealing Attribute = pressure-force additionally can the chain being wrapped together to form a gauntlet or katar like weapon or used as thrusting weapon.

Theraintropia markesh

Type: Anti-Unit(selv)
    Range: 1~2
    Description:
    This is his sublimated existence as the first of all Werebeasts /the Ancestor of all Werewolv creatures ,as such he gains Authority off all Werecreatures and similar Human -beast transformed beings ,this noblephahntasm is the reason for his hight selfmodification skill namely give this noublephantasm him the abbility to Assimilate himself with a Mythical Beast of the current area like as in persia the manticore or the Minotaur in Creta or a Oni/youkai creature in nippon,in form of a Transformation with this process can he ggain a + or - modifier ,new skills like poisen resistence or Mana blast under circumstance even noblephantasm equal ones.

Empowermet of the unshattered bond

Lunar Ecliptis

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1~30
    Description:
    Originally it was his sublimated bond with his childrenn whos effect would have given him Sun and moon related abbilities depending on the daytime ,but as Berserker in conjunktion with his curse are the efects vastly altered ,namely that he lose every use of the sun related effects and that in the evening and the night when he i exposed the Moonlight and he activate Lunar Ecliptis he grows upto the doubled height gains blue Markings a plus modifier and the abbility to emit a blue Cold(Implosion inducing) flame which rob the heat of the touching object or Targets and leaves icy on the Surface,additionally is he able to call forth Darkhound like wraths to his size which are able to overpower a rather melle Combat weak servant and posses if ordered by Fenris also Attribute of his flame.

Relations

Thor:
    Relations
    Donnar Mjöl.nir ? this is you!"
    Loki:
    "Grrrroargh Father...you will be... punished!" Siegfried: "Grrrrugh "
    (undetectable reaction)
    Hel:.....Dear Sist..er you.. are...
    his other selvs
    `*cying in a human way*(Why)

please note :the Chosen Music miight be not exact culturel.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Update about the index:

The mods say they can't make it so that the OP is mine because I didn't join BL and post before it was made. Instead, I'd have to make a different post with the index and then ask the admins/mods to update the OP from time to time.

In other words, Historia would still appear as the owner of the thread, but I'd be the one that manages it.

There's no such thing as thread ownership btw.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I said it like that because I didn't find another way to say it, but I hope it's understandable anyways

Blog Entries
    *cough* what is your oppinion About my Fenris ,everyone?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Fenrir has ice powers according to FGO

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    To be fair, Koga kind of included that with the icy flames in Fenris' third NP.

Blog Entries
    I understand, i will acount it in his Lancer Version thank you,and beside the lacking of ice related powers how do you find my Fenrir ,King of Padoru?

Blog Entries
    Update about the index:

The mods say they can't make it so that the OP is mine because I didn't join BL and post before it was made. Instead, I'd have to make a different post with the index and then ask the admins/mods to update the OP from time to time.

In other words, Historia would still appear as the owner of the thread, but I'd be the one that manages it.
    Just make a Create-a-Servant Index thread and link it to this one.

Blog Entries
    I was thinking a Google Docs kind of thing might also work, but an index thread might serve just as well.

More Than A Little Bit Dead Inside Karolingi's Avatar
    Charles “Martel” Carolingian

Nicknames: The Hammer, Mayor of the Palace
    Origin: France

Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Class: Rider

Strength: B
    Endurance: C
    Agility: D+
    Mana: D
    Luck: B

Dislikes: The Umayyads
    Talents: Ruling, Warfare
    Natural Enemy: Abdul Rahman Al Ghafiqi

Class Skills-

Spoiler:
    Riding: B
    -Charles was a capable commander, and to be a capable commander in the Dark Ages, one needed to know not only how to fight on foot, but also on horseback. Charles commanded his men from the back of his many stallions, giving him ample experience in the saddle. Called the “Father of heavy cavalry in Europe” Charles is quite proficient in his ability to ride and control heavily armored steeds.

Magic Resistance: C-
    -Blessed by God, Charles has a divine given ability to reject the heretical magic of others. However, this ability is quite weak and is further weakened by Charles’ inherently Unchristian lifestyle.

Personal Skills-

Spoiler:
    Military Tactics: C+
    -Charles Martel, great victor of Tours, the Frankish Civil War, and ruler of all the Franks. The man who in five years reformed his entire army and introduced the first heavy cavalry seen since the light of Western Rome was snuffed. The man who ended the last great Arab invasion of Europe with a force 40% the size of his enemies. The man who, just a mere three years later, would campaign into the lands of the great Umayyad Caliphate, those who had invaded him thrice before. He was a military commander who understood his weaknesses, and worked around them. Using tactics from ancient Greece to overcome his inferior numbers and technology, favoring quality over quantity due to the decentralised nature of Francia, and instilling iron will discipline to make up for his barbarian roots.

Bravery: B
    -To stand against an army more than twice your size, far superior technologically, and led by an experienced leader and comprised of some of the most feared cavalry in the known world takes a level of bravery that normal men simply cannot compare to. Both Charles and his men faced what seemed to be certain defeat, but fueled by religious fervor, a sense of duty and discipline, and in the armies’ case, a respect for Charles as a leader, they found the courage within themselves to brave the hardships and stand as a bulwark against the tide of Islam.

Martellus Magnus: A
    -Charles the Hammer, the champion of Christ over the great Umayyad wave, ordained by God to save Francia from the Muslim onslaught. In the words of the Chronicle of St. Denis, “Then was he [Charles] first called "Martel," for as a hammer of iron, of steel, and of every other metal, even so he dashed: and smote in the battle all his enemies.” The skill Martellus Magnus gives Charles increased strength, agility, perception, and fortitude against Muslim enemies.

Noble Phantasms-

Spoiler:
    Bulwark of Ice: A [Anti-Army]
    Battle of the Palace of the Martyrs
    “In the shock of battle we stood,
    With our swords we hewed down the Arabs,
    Forming a Bulwark of Ice.”
    Targets: 1000

-The Battle of Tours was fought on October 10th, 732 AD, between the Christian forces of Charles Martel and the Muslim forces of Abdul Rahman Al Ghafiqi. It started in 731, after his defeat of the Saxons, Charles turned his gaze south, to Aquitaine, and crossed the Loire river, breaking a treaty with Odo the Great. Charles sacked Aquitaine twice and took the city of Bourges, though Odo retook it. In this besieged position, Odo was unable to come to the aid of his ally, the Berber rebellion lord Uthman ibn Naissa. Thus, Uthman was executed by Abdul Rahman Al Ghafiqi. Abdul Rahman then moved into Gascony and further, capturing Bordeaux. Odo tried to counter at the Battle of Bordeaux, but was defeated. The Umayyads looted the rich monasteries of Northern Aquitaine before continuing their march north, to Tours, a town rumored to hold riches beyond belief. But their plundering backfired, giving Odo time to re-organise his troops and warn Charles of the incoming Umayyad horde. The Umayyad troops were veteran, under the leadership of an experienced and capable commander, and ready for conquest. Charles would not let this happen, so he met the Umayyad forces outside Tours. Odo and his Aquitanian nobles formed Charles’ right flank, the rest of the army made up of Charles troops. The battle began on the 10th of October, Abdul Rahman began to hammer the lines of Charles with his elite cavalry, but, in the words of Isidore of Beja's Chronicle, “And in the shock of the battle the men of the North seemed like North a sea that cannot be moved. Firmly they stood, one close to another, forming as it were a bulwark of ice; and with great blows of their swords they hewed down the Arabs. Drawn up in a band around their chief, the people of the Austrasians carried all before them. Their tireless hands drove their swords down to the breasts [of the foe].” In the midst of this, a rumor went through the Umayyad army that Frankish scouts threatened their loot back at camp, and just as this was happening, Odo snuck around enemy lines with his men and set fire to the Umayyad camp. Some of the Umayyads immediately broke off the battle and went to try and salvage their loot, to the rest of the army, this looked like a full scale retreat, which it quickly turned into. During this retreat, Abdul Rahman was surrounded by Franks, and was slain. The next day, the Franks made ready for another battle, but without their leader the Umayyads fled back south, never to return with the same level of strength as they once had.

Bulwark of Ice
    is Charles Martel’s principle Noble Phantasm, the greatest in his arsenal of war. It is the physical manifestation of the very event of the Battle of Tours, the turning point in history where the Umayyad advance was stopped for good, and France was spared Muslim occupation. In the event that Charles activates this Noble Phantasm, a great deal of things will occur. Initially, Charles will begin to glow a dull blue-icy blue hue, an aura of power that will soon grow and brighten. Charles will then slowly close his eyes, and in this moment a field of energy in the form of a barrier will form around Charles, making him immune to assault. Charles’ aura will grow exponentially until it becomes a torrent of aquamarine wind that whirls and churns around him. At this zenith of power, Charles will open his eyes, revealing they now glow with a holy white light, and release the hounds of war in the form of a cataclysmic deluge of blizzard-like power that sweeps forward, levelling everything in its path as this literal point in time in the form of a force of nature charges forth. Within the blinding storm of ice and wind, soldiers made of mana and ice will form and harass those within the confines of the cyclone, although weak, they are able to see perfectly in the whiteout conditions, making them quite lethal. This blizzard will only last as long as Charles’ mana lasts, and with a mere D rank in mana it cannot be guaranteed more than six or seven minutes.

Weaknesses-

Charles does not understand that he can not simply fight or intimidate all his problems away, so when faced with a situation where subterfuge or persuasion is paramount, he will be found lacking.

Personality-

Spoiler:
    Intelligent, dedicated, disciplined. Wrathful, greedy, power hungry. These are all words that describe the great hammer. Born to fight, Charles is more than merely “experienced” in war. From his young adult years to the day of his death Charles was always fighting, always warring, always looting. He and war are inseparable. However, Charles is also quite devoted to his Christian faith, as represented by his protection of Frankish monasteries against raiders from the north and south alike. Charles is also quite fond of heavy cavalry and horses in general, and will be summoned riding one of his many armored steeds.

To his master, Charles will be cordial, accepting them as his lord and he as their vassal. This does not mean Charles will obey all the orders his master gives him though, as if he feels his way to solve a problem is superior to the way his master ordered him to solve it, he will disobey his master and do what he thinks is better.

Desire: Simply speaking, Charles wants power.

Last edited by Karolingi; September 23rd, 2018 at 06:40 PM.

You'd think even Rider Charlie would still have Le Martellus/La Pucelle/Sword of the Five Crosses whatever the fuck you wanna call it
    It's pretty okay

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    You'd think even Rider Charlie would still have Le Martellus/La Pucelle/Sword of the Five Crosses whatever the fuck you wanna call it
    It's pretty okay
    sword of st. catherine, durandal, the sword from heaven; really with how the nasuverse does things you could spin it however -- i would say as a rider the focus shouldn't be on his sword anyway, maybe just a notation

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That Martel sheet is cool, but I'm a little surprised there's absolutely no mention of how he'd interact with/regards his grandson Charlemagne (either Saber or Ruler versions).

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    That Martel sheet is cool, but I'm a little surprised there's absolutely no mention of how he'd interact with/regards his grandson Charlemagne (either Saber or Ruler versions).
    Seconded. Also, if somehow he and Iskandar could be summoned side by side, that would be fun. This Martel's NP directly counters IH in some sense.