Page 68 of 782 FirstFirst ... 18586366676869707378118168568 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

this comes from a design document i'm writing up for an idea of a visual novel so it's not really set in the Fate/Stay Night universe but i did format the bio in the document like that from Fate/Stay Night's character pages mainly because the design i had for the bios page was almost like that of Fate/Stay Night but instead just being 10 names down the side and the fields, the fields would be where the names are and where the fields would be there would be a button that switches to a database page (as i have in the design that it will have every character since every character has some level of magical ability and can fight), would have did Reaper but that would confuse people more than Caster

------------------------------------------------------------------

Class:Caster
    True Name:
    Mesahime
    Alignment:
    Godly Peaceful (speaks almost like she's in a dream)
    Bio
    One of the original 7 Masters of the "War of the Holy Grail" being on the side of the Vampyric United Force (VUF) and the Master to Caster (real name Morganna). was honored for her actions in the Assault on Transylvania by Vatican, the Assassination of Count Delaku (Resulting in the death of Assassin's Master) and the Berserker Tower Assault (resulting in the death of Berserker's Master but not of Berserker). Before the Holy Grail became known, she had hoped to work with the Durathrors in creating a blood substitute that vampires could use instead of humans blood and thus allow the 2 races to live together peacefully however when it became known that the Humans would use the Holy Grail as a weapon against Vampires she quickly joined the Blood Knights and shortly became as Master.

When House Laserot and the Master who came from them (Lance's Master) betrayed the VUF and sort the Holy Grail to use against anyone that possed the house, Mesahime went to the Durathror's and taught them how to create the 8th class "Reaper" in order to bolster the forces that could stand against House Laserot.

Was killed shielding her Caster from attack by Freedo Kuron however her sacrifice allowed Caster to kill Freedo which in turn allowed Kaiama Durathror and "Reaper" fight Sydney Laserot and "Lancer" without interference, Mesahime was happy about her actions and did not regret dying. 200 years later she was summoned as Caster by Count Brenasults Dracula, lord of House Dracula

Statistics
    Strength:
    C
    Endurance:
    C
    Agility:
    C (these 3 are the same because she's a Vampire, her stats compared to a human would be greater to begin with before being summoned as Caster)
    Magic:
    A+
    Luck:
    -S (worst luck someone can have, if running away for ones life, will most likely trip over a stone on the first step and sprain the foot, land in a pool of water and have a powerline drop in aswell)

Class Skills
    Territory Creation
    Can build a "Workshop" suitable for a Vampire Nobel Magus however because of her knowledge that allowed for the creation of "Reaper", it may be possible to create one that rivals the Workshops used by the Great Vampire Houses

Personal Skills
    Knowledge of Respect and Harmony
    Prevents decrease in the effectiveness of a technique, regardless how many times it is used against the same opponent. Rank A makes the opponent think that the same move done the same way multiple times look different each time

Librarian of Stored Knowledge
    Can recall the events of the "War of the Holy Grail" and that how "Reaper" was created, however since the Holy Grail was destroyed, another Holy Grail Class can not be created

Internal Peace
    Because she was at peace with her death and thinks her second life is a cherished blessing, she can not be provoked or tricked because of her clam peaceful mind, Rank A can cause opponents with "Chaotic" or "Evil" in their nature to become irritated and loose focus

Lucky Streak
    Her horrible luck will be the death of her or someone else however every now and again (particular in a battle) her Luck can increase to Rank D, if the opponent has a skill that lowers Luck then this skill is negated

Blood Lust
    A Vampire's need to drink blood, Rank B allows a Vampire to last 3 weeks without Blood but at the cost of stats lowering every week, in the third week, the vampire is unable to move

Blood Lust (Master's Connection) [Obtained after Contract change to Red Durathror)
    A Vampire's need to drink blood, Rank E allows a Vampire to go without blood unless in need to execute S Rank Dark Magic (In which due to her Luck, Caster will probably mess up and get killed by it)

Noble Phantasm
    Eyes of Morganna (Copy)
    Type: Anti-Personal
    Target: 1 - 5
    When Mesahime's Caster, Morganna went to use her Nobel Phantasm to show Berserker it's future the attack also affected Mesahime, when she was summoned as Caster, the residual effects of the attack still lingered and work as a Nobel Phantasm for her.

Eye of Morganna allows the target(s) to see a glimpse of their future, their death. Unless the target(s) have Magic Resistance of rank C or higher or are not caught in her gaze the target(s) will have reduced stats or go mad for seeing their own death, normally Rank B or higher Magic Resistance would be required however these are residual from the original

Mesasame
    Type: Anti-CastleTarget: 1 - 1000
    The Anthesis to Masamune, a long blade which amplifies a user's Strength by making it to match their Magic, the blade itself is dull but when it swings Magical Energy is released

Alter of the Holy Grail (Empty)
    Type: ??
    Target: 1
    The object used to draw power from the Holy Grail to create "Reaper" during the "War of the Holy Grail", it has the power to create a new Holy Grail Class provided it can recive power from the Holy Grail. 3 names are etched into it, "Reaper", "Avenger" and "Shadow", the name "Reaper" is filled with dry blood.

Alter of the Holy Grail (Dark) [Obtained after the Destruction of Castle Dracula]
    Type: ??
    Target: 1
    The object used to draw power from the Holy Grail to create "Reaper" during the "War of the Holy Grail", though the power in it is nothing compared to the power it used when it created "Reaper" it can still create a Holy Grail Class however the spirit in which will take this class will be contaminated with darkness and will be forced to experience the 7 Hells before coming into the world. Caster's contract will also be nullified because of this "Sacrilege"

Tenki-Durathror [Obtained after Contract change to Red Durathror]
    Type: Anti-PhatasmTarget: 1 - 25
    the great sword that has been handed down the Durathror family for generations, because of Red's inability to accept the sword's power because of how it was unsealed, Caster wield's this. it's rank is unknown as when drawn it's rank will match an opponent's most powerful Nobel Phantasm. while held, Caster can ignore a target(s) Magic Resistance by casting the spell on the sword and attacking with the sword insted, the effects of the magic are applied once the sword connects to the target(s)
    <MHO BANNER COMING SOON>
    Rin: O unholy one, transcended down from the darkness of Whako-Pulse
    Sabre: hollow being, walking upon mortal ground filling gluttony's sin
    Sakura: tainted soul, you face penitence from the holy virgins
    Rin: Repent! *Crystal arm forms* Crystal Magic Crest, MARAIN!
    Sabre: Repent! *Sword forms* Reborn Holy Sword, EXCALIBUR!
    Sakura: Repent! *Black Dress forms* Corrupted Avenger's Gown, DAE'ANGRU!
    Rin, Sabre and Sakura: in the name of the 13th, Aura, Death to the Hallowed Queen

Into that mountain we go! Gaterjhonz's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A Yomiko Readman Caster, someone do this please
    Not so Mega Sig, now properly spoilered
    Spoiler:
    [20:39] <Fishie> I'MA GO PUT HER UNDEREWAR ON MY HEAD LIKE A SALARY PERSON
    the whole story here

A travel Advisory:
    Spoiler:

Come visit the 7th Dimension--Where nightmares dreams are made into realities

[23:50] <Sieg> Gater is golddigging deviant?

[11:59] <TheoReforged> I KNOW WHO YOU ARE NOW
    [11:59] <TheoReforged> YOU'RE .... ROADBUSTER!
    [12:00] <@Leo> i'm sorry but that's retarded
    [12:00] <Irondefiler> *cricket sounds*

Beast's Lair's own Dwarf Fortress succession game is now recruiting mighty able dwarves, sign up if you have what it takes!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Junky View Post
    I think Bruce Lee would have done better as Berserker with some skill to keep his abilities. Both his NPs use his unarmed marital arts.
    Oh god, I just read this carefully, and I can't stop laughing.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Oh god, I just read this carefully, and I can't stop laughing.
    Suddenly, Bruce Lee goes with the Guile theme

Or did someone already make that?

Soldiered through this whole thread in roughly a day-and-a-half (while juggling other stuff) and, damn, am I impressed! A lot of these were good and quite a few stick out in my mind even now:

I really liked Maui. Working in a Polynesian folk hero was a nice touch (instead of the more well-known European, Hindu, and Chinese/Japanese stuff) and he was well balanced considering all the insane stuff he did in his legend.

Scherherazade was just perfect, though I would have given her the option of repeating one of her stories/constructs once at the cost of her life (since the Sultan would have executed her if she repeated a story and bored him).

Don Quixote was my favorite, I'm not gonna lie! Making him a credible Servant was a joy to see and I think he'd be perfect if paired with an equally delusional Master who'd be his sidekick/Sancho!

Cleopatra was beautiful! Loved her NP and the story behind it (Gaara is easily one of my favorite Naruto characters); it's worthless against most upper-tier Servants but absolutely deadly against Masters if she plays it smart (I like abilities like that); and I liked how she was easily an even worse spendthrift than Rider-Francis Drake.

Gender-swapped Paris was hilarious (and again, very well-balanced for someone who barely qualifies as a hero, let alone a Servant). I would play that in an RP!

Hassan (the 1st) gave me an Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood vibe (only he can't level up his brainwashed slaves). My only complaint (besides the Personal Skills issues the others mentioned) was that the normal humans he forces to fight should slowly suffer from body degradation (cuz' boosting non-magi to the level of lower-ranked Heroic Spirits with no negative consequences to them is just nuts), which forces him to rarely use this skill for worry of wearing out his "tools" needlessly (it also prevents him from using this trick to boost an otherwise physically weak convential magus like his own Master into a credible threat). And I like the idea of an Assassin being the real bogeyman of a Grail War. They're often treated as a joke or something to be dismissed in face of the big name heroes so seeing one who could "single-handedly" turn the tide of a Grail War simply by having a ruthless and strategic ability was great.

I loved seeing Taskmaster but shouldn't he be an Assassin, being a mercenary and all (and I know he's copied stealth from ninjas; it was mentioned in the limited series where he had that new costume with the redesigned mask and hoodie) instead of a Saber (he rarely even uses the sword these days IIRC and he certainly isn't above fighting dirty)? Plus, while it was never mentioned again after his limited series, he does have that Fast Forward trick (copying martial arts he saw in a video that was being fast forwarded) that let him stomp a guy who could catch bullets with ease. Or did Marvel retcon all of that? I remember he showed up with the new design in Deadpool as something of a regular for a while (before Deadpool and Cable)...

Gender-swapped Rommel was... a thing. I'm kind of torn on that one. On one hand, that drawing was HNNNGG-worthy and the Desert Fox being so flippant about his own gender being changed was strangely hilarious, but on the other hand...

Oh, and a teenager-looking Baba Yaga who still eats bad little girls and boys was funny. I am now picturing her chicken-legged shack running away from Arturia while she, Rin, Archer, and Shirou just stare with a WTF-look on their faces!

As someone of Hispanic descent, El Cid was also a treat to read about, though Tizona seemed kind of broken. Maybe the Rank Down affect can only be applied once per battle?

As for Servant ideas, no one ever got around to doing those American folk heroes like Pecos Bill or Paul Bunyan. The image of Rider Pecos Bill shouting "YIPPIE KI YAY, MOTHERF**KERS!!!" as he rides in on a lassoed cyclone will not leave me!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    As for Servant ideas, no one ever got around to doing those American folk heroes like Pecos Bill or Paul Bunyan. The image of Rider Pecos Bill shouting "YIPPIE KI YAY, MOTHERF**KERS!!!" as he rides in on a lassoed cyclone will not leave me!!
    The reason why nobody does Servants from the U.S. (or from the American continent as a whole for that matter) is simply because there is not much (coughepiccough) material to work on. Most of the great heroes that we know of in modern times come from Europe and Asia, dating at least 1000 years back. This was much before the New World was even discovered.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You obviously haven't read many American folktales or read about any of the cooler American historical figures.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    *nods* I personally wouldn't as well since I don't think I can take them quite the same as the other heroes, but that's more due to the recent thing than anything else. Still, there was Drifter at least. And I love this thread too, rereading it just to try and remember particular servants better. Pretty much everything Cyber and Neko have made really stick out in my mind, and part of me wants to take a shot at making some, but it's hard to think of good Servants without making them too similar to existing ones.

Blog Entries
    Fate/Extra RP Servant sheet, previous choice...

Servant Lancer (could be Saber)
    Godfrey de Bouillon

STR - B(A)
    AGI - B
    END - B(A)
    MGI - B
    LCK - C(B)
    NP - A

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance - C

Personal Skills:

Battle Continuation - B

Knight of Chivalry - A

Considered one of the paragons of Chivalry, Godfrey gains a rank up in STR, END, and LCK whenever he fights according to chivalric ideals.

Knight of the Guard - A

Godfrey gains a bonus to combat ability whenever defending another.

Noble Phantasm:

Securis Crux - Axe of the Cross
    Type - Anti-Unit
    Rank - A

The Vera Crux is the holiest artifact of Godfrey's realm: a piece of the True Cross, embedded in a cross of gold and iron. In the realm of holy weapons, it is one of the strongest. When activated as a Noble Phantasm, it instantly restricts the enemy's movement, lowering their AGI by two ranks. The blade passes through all defenses not classified as holy, and deals additional damage as the sin is burnt from the enemy's body (avoidable by the Saint skill or otherwise).

Secondary activation ability allows Godfrey to channel his faith through the poleaxe as power, transforming all swings of the poleaxe into waves of light that have the same properties as melee strikes.
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Awww, disappointing, Lyco.

You didn't use the Kojiro-esque story about him, wherein he throws his lance through three birds all at once.

My version of the King of Crusaders is certainly... a bit different from yours. :P
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Awww, disappointing, Lyco.

You didn't use the Kojiro-esque story about him, wherein he throws his lance through three birds all at once.

My version of the King of Crusaders is certainly... a bit different from yours. :P
    Didn't know anyone had used him before...should've guessed. Oh well. *shrugs*
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    ^^ That's probably because I made that and I have no clue who that guy is looool.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    No clue who who is, Leo?

But yeah, he's fucking awesome. Decapitates camels and throws lances through birds, fuck yeah.

Blog Entries
    Mr. King Jerusalem.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Ah. Okay, then. Not sure what your earlier post was attempting to say, but alright. :P

Silly Leo. Now go read MPII and comment!

Blog Entries
    No time, have to do shit that I forgot to doooooooo

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GaterJ4wz View Post
    A Yomiko Readman Caster, someone do this please
    Hrm. Well, I need a study break, and no challenge is more fun than an awful challenge... I probably could've handled this better (I had to dip into the manga storyline for a second Noble Phantasm, and I prefer to avoid EX ranks, unless they're funny and wasted like Argon Coin here) but I'm reasonably happy with her I guess. I may have been too blatant lifting from Lancelot, though... ^^;

Sorry she's not a Caster, but I honestly couldn't think of much relevance to Territory Creation, and Item Creation infringed on what the NP would have to be. Archer was the second-best I could think of.

Servant: Archer
    True Name: Yomiko Readman
    Alignment: Lawful Good

Statistics:
    Noble Phantasm: B
    Strength: C
    Endurance: C
    Agility: B+ (agility boost in handling books and paper)
    Mana: B
    Luck: A

Class Abilities:
    Independent Action
    The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the prana supply from the Master. At this level, the Servant is capable of remaining in the world up to two days without an established contract.

Magic Resistance
    Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Personal Skills:

Eye for Art
    Infatuation with works of art. If Archer happens to see a Noble Phantasm that possesses literary anecdotes, it is highly probable she might be able to figure out its true name.

Knowledge of Respect and Harmony

Prevents decrease in the effectiveness of a technique, regardless of how many times it is used against the same enemy. At this stage, even if efforts are taken to prepare, her attacks are still likely unpredictable by the enemy.

Librarian of Stored Knowledge
    With a successful Luck check, it is possible to clearly recall knowledge from memory, even if the information was perceived in the past and not consciously acknowledged. Archer achieved this through a photographic memory of countless books, but its effectiveness is reduced because she pays little attention to actual events she witnesses outside of her books.

Noble Phantasm(s):
    Master of Paper - A Book Ends with No Page Unturned
    Type: Support
    This Noble Phantasm is the embodiment of the mastery that Yomiko Readman achieved over paper in life. Once Archer is in contact with anything that can be conceptualized as "paper" by her own recognition, it instantly becomes subject to her complete control. Even a single sheet of paper affected in this way become recognized as a D-ranked Noble Phantasm and this quality will be maintained for as long as it is under Archer's control.

Archer is able to control the weight, density, and sharpness of any paper under the effect of this Noble Phantasm, allowing her to manipulate individual sheets of paper into weak Noble Phantasm weapons or to stack them together to create higher-ranked creations. In addition, once placed under her control, she is capable of manipulating it by mental control as long as it is still under her dominion. The only limitations on this Noble Phantasm are materials and Archer's own imagination, although if the only paper she has is damaged or wet, the effectiveness is reduced.

The Book of Truth - Wisdom of a Gentle Man
    Type: Anti-World
    A tome carried by Archer with the emblem of a turtle carrying the world upon its cover, Archer's most treasured book is an immeasurably powerful relic that only she can read. The true purpose of this Noble Phantasm is unknown, but it is claimed to be a tome made to record the very history of the world, bestowing upon its reader the ability to shape civilization as he or she sees fit. However, the tome is only capable of affecting reality on a scale within the confines of its reader's intellect, so immeasurable wisdom is necessary to invoke the full scale of this Noble Phantasm.

Although it may be possible for Archer to use this ability to some degree, the extent of her dominion over it is unknown, as she steadfastly refuses to use the book as anything more than a source of infinite pages for her to throw in battle.

Although it may be possible for Archer to use this ability to some degree, the extent of her dominion over it is unknown, as she steadfastly refuses to use the book as anything more than a source of infinite pages for her to throw in battle.
    I like this part =)

As a personal challenge to myself, I wanted to make the most impractical Servant ever... (in other words, this is pure crack and an excuse to shove in a certain movie scene)

Servant - Rider
    True Name - Paul Tibbets Jr.
    Alignment - Lawful Neutral

Statistics:
    Noble Phantasm - A+++
    Strength - E
    Endurance - E
    Agility - E
    Mana - E
    Luck - B

Class Abilities:
    Riding
    Rank - B

Capable of operating most modern-day vehicles, though, due to the nature of this Servant's legend and the era he lived in, riding animals is difficult. Riding Phantasmal beasts and anything greater is out of the question.

Magic Resistance
    Rank - D

Cancels single-action spells. Magic resitance on the level of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Personal Abilities:
    Ride the Wave
    Type - Support
    Rank - C
    Servant's AGI increases by one rank while utilizing his Noble Phantasm at the behest of his Master. This Rank Up in AGI can also be applied to his Noble Phantasms. A skill for Servants following orders requiring precision piloting with little margin for error. The Servant requires excellent timing in order to ride out the shockwave created by his Noble Phantasm's deployment, and this skill is the result of training to achieve that timing.

Noble Phantasms:
    Enola Gay - Deliverer of Oppenheimer's Monster
    Type - Support
    Rank - C
    The Boeing B-29 Superforetress bomber piloted by the Servant during the infamous atomic bombing of Hiroshima; named for his mother's maiden, Enola Gay Haggard, as she was the only one of his parents who supported his decision to become a pilot in the airforce. This plane's manuverability has been increased as a result of being summoned as the Noble Phantasm of Servant Rider, allowing it to perform manuvers significantly beyond that of even modern-day jet aircraft.

Fat Man & Little Boy - Twin Behemoths of the Atomic Age
    Type - Anti-City
    Rank - A+
    The two atomic bombs dropped on Nagasaki and Hiroshima respectively. Though Fat Man was dropped on Nagasaki by another B-29, piloted by a different individual, Servant Rider has access to it as well. As the result of these bombs being replicated as Noble Phantasms, the energy they release acts similarly to a curse that affects even Servants with high Magic Resistance, simulating the effects of radiation poisoning. As such, even Servants who survive the explosion will become drastically weakened and may even die (assuming their Masters have not perished already, thus causing them to fade away). The devastation by even one of these bombs cannot be overstated. The obvious downsides, even ignoring the obvious moral implications, are that each bomb can only be utilized once per Grail War, the widespread devastation cannot be focused on any particular target, and the devastation will surely draw worldwide attention. Also, there is the inherent risk of damaging/destroying the vessel of the Lesser Grail.

Strangelove - No Regrets, Only Duty to One's Nation
    Type - Anti-Unit
    Rank - A+++
    Rider's final ace, this Noble Phantasm embodies both the dedication Servant Rider had towards his duty (even at the age of 87 he held no regrets about following orders and admitted he would do the same if allowed to repeat that day), as well as a conceptualization of the hysteria, fear, and even morbid fascination of atomic destruction that followed in the wake of the public's discovery of atomic weapons and the ever-constant threat of nuclear warfare during the Cold War. A Noble Phantasm that allows Rider to descend along with either Fat Man or Little Boy, riding the bomb as though it were a living, flying steed. This allows him to guide the bomb towards a specific target and even allows for the manuverability required to avoid almost any counter-attack enemy Servants may employ in an attempt to destroy the bomb or detonate it prematurely. More fearsome still, when the targeted area is struck, all of the power of the blast is confined to a circular area with a diameter of a mere 30 meters, increasing the heat and energy released within this relatively small space exponentially. No Servant can suvrive being trapped within this circle of destruction, though the blast will obviously claim Servant Rider's life as well unless the Master re-calls him with a Command Spell.

There! At once, both horribly broken and horribly impractical! Even if you have the brains to recall Rider with a Command Spell from his first use of Strangelove, he only has two bombs, and once those are used up he is just a weak Servant with lousy stats. You have to either wait until there are only two other enemy Servants left and use Strangelove, or use Fat Man and Little Boy as is, and risk both destroying the Lesser Grail and the attention you will draw from using such an overkill tactic!
    Last edited by G-Man; February 24th, 2012 at 09:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    He pulls airsurfing tricks on a nuke.

Whaaaa-