Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 273235363738394247 ... LastLast

Thread: The BAMBOO BROOM DIARY (Nasu and Takeuchi blog)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    http://www.typemoon.org/bbb/diary/log/200212.html
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002/12/1: How I spent my weekend (Takeuchi)
    Been a while since I went shopping.

My new vacuum cleaner makes me pretty satisfied.

Also, when I went shopping for Nasu’s birthday present I also found an airgun Mauser that I liked
    Spur-of-the-moment purchase.
    The sensation of iron and smell of oil is quite novel. Damn cool.

As for books, I bought the art book of Takamichi, and a bunch of GUNSLINGER GIRL ones.
    Takamichi’s art book was entirely composed of drawings that were kinda like snapshots, and so gave off a mysterious vibe.
    I don’t grow tired of them no matter how many times I look.
    GUNSLINGER GIRL was also interesting.
    I think you could even say Mr. Aida was born out of Comitia and so I have a one-sided feeling of kinship with him.
    It was ages since I had wanted to draw manga and so I thought of some ideas I’ve had since before and started building up a storyboard in my head.
    If there’s an opportunity I’d like to try and do BITTER SWEET FOOLS as well.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002/12/6: The illusion of a boy's day (Takeuchi)
    Every time, I always just worry the most about the title (sweats)

I do the rough sketch on paper and then clean it up on my PC when I’m drawing. It’s been about half a year since I started doing it like this.
    Lately I’ve been growing quite used to my tablet, to the point where it’s become part of my equipment that I cannot do without.
    On the PC I can really grasp the mistakes I make in terms of balance that I don’t notice when I’m drawing on paper, or even instantly being able to grasp the layouts I couldn’t grasp so well before.
    If I say so myself, I’m really drawing pictures by borrowing the power of machines over here.
    If ao[sic], what’s buried inside of Pluto might really be the manuscripts of past mangas. I’m gonna tear up at the nostalgia.

By the way, we are having an airgun craze here at TYPE-MOON.
    Nasu’s SOCOM is but a mere toy when compared to this Mauser of mine. Uhih..
    ...Or so I thought, but when he let me shoot with it... Oh my how super rad, boom. Damnit~ I also want a SOCOM~. I mean, Mausers are heavy so I want a light airgun~.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002/12/8: It broke. (Kinoko)
    My computer’s gamepad broke.
    She won’t crouch for me, Akiha that is.

I thought it’d be fun, so: Down A x 2 → Launcher → Piercing the Waxing Moon → Jump follow-up attack → Then while Shiki is vigorously burning I do some stuff and then finally hit him down (Air-throw) ,

It might be through repeating this technique called Sending my Brother Straight to Hell (named by: Kinoko) that it broke.
    In any case, it seems the wiring for the down direction has broken down. Gotta go to Akiba and buy a new pad.
    All that said, pads are indispensable so hey everyone, if you get one while you still can that’d be good fortune I bet.

Also, N-ta. The Titanic seems a bit fishy. Consider the Mary Celeste instead.

“Huh!? No one’s at the Circle booth!?”
    Last edited by Petrikow; November 11th, 2021 at 09:49 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002/12/13: Fiscal Year 2002 Moe Character Play-offs (Kinoko)
    Right so, my personal Moe-character rankings.

First Place for Year 2001: Rakushun (Right now, from the novel. I haven’t seen the anime so the Moe there is unknown)
    First Place for Year 2002: The protagonist of Windwaker

Wow, To think that the most powerful Moe-character would appear with less than 20 days left in the year.
    I mean really, that’s amazing.
    It’s so wonderful that even rhetorical flourishes like ‘interesting’ and ‘cute’ just get in the way, really.

“The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker”, that is!

Also the protagonist is Moe. Just Moe. I fell in love just 1 minute after starting the game, kya~
    Oh damn, I just wanna play Windwaker forever.
    But that’s not going to be possible. The winds will have to stay still until winter break.

Godspeed, this is a great undertaking.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rakushun is the 12 kingdoms mouse guy isn't he?
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Rakushun is the 12 kingdoms mouse guy isn't he?
    Indeed. Very Moe! (?)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Toon Link appreciation. Nasu truly is a great man of culture.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I also agree he is very Moe, especially as mouse

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002/12/19: The tedium of drawing (Takeuchi)
    Let's see here...
    As I’m sure everyone knows, as far as drawing goes, I’m about just below the middle of the pack. Maybe you could stretch it to just middle of the pack. I’m an exceedingly mediocre artist.
    So that being who I am, lately I’ve endeavoured to keep in mind physique, muscles, balance and what not while I’m drawing.
    I wrote this in my previous entry but the tablet is perfect for these kinds of corrective procedures.
    It’s become a daily routine for me to think ‘oh I’ll just fix it on the PC’ now when I’m doing rough sketches on paper.
    Working digitally makes it extremely easy to make corrections to your images but this also presents an unexpected pitfall.
    Well, basically, there’s no end to the amount of corrections you can make so if you intently just fix this there and that here then all of a sudden 1-2 hours will have passed and though you’ve fixed all the awkward spots it’s turned the drawing kinda featureless.
    So what I basically want to say is that, as my quality and work efficiency hasn’t improved as much as I thought, the work on Fate is most certainly going to be delayed.
    Sorry (tears)

That being as it may, let’s talk Melty Blood.
    I can finally reveal some details.
    All things put together, I think I drew about 130 images, including some minor ones.
    These too, as I am known to do, have been subject to corrections into the bitter end. Still, thanks to that I feel like I’ve been able to complete them to my own level of satisfaction.
    If you’d look forward to that kind of stuff too, even if just a little bit, then I’d be happy I guess.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I can't believe that Shiki killed Nasu's D-Pad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002/12/20: Sorry for making you wait~ (Takeuchi)
    There’s an advertisement printed primarily for the DVD of the masterpiece anime AKIRA in today’s Asahi Shimbun evening issue but in the corner you can faintly make out an advertisement for Tsukihime as well (laughs)

That said it’s not a drawing from the anime, but a cut down version of something I drew myself. For those who’ll pick up Asahi Shimbun, please check it out.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002/12/20: The name's Toujima Takeshi (Kinoko)
    Considering the occasion, I do want to talk about Melty but... I’ll veer off course instead.

At night, due to some minor business I went to office and ate dinner with everyone.
    So, I thought hey what are you watching and wouldn’t you know it: “Ashita no Joe 2 the Movie”
    That seemed fun I thought but went to the room right over to create a minidisk for listening to in the car.
    Afterwards I watched an episode of “Apachee Baseball Army”, so often the center of controversy.

So, thoughts.
    More interesting than Kobayashi Soccer, my man! (In so many ways!)
    Though packed with Alcohol, all of us watching laughed like crazy, dude.
    You really gotta watch the episode previews.
    Just thinking that there’s 25 episodes left its like I got way too much to do during winter break now.
    There’s Zelda. There’s Scryed. There’s Angel Tales. There’s Dead to Rights. There’s Harry Potter. There’s Maria-sama ga Miteiru. There’s Imouto de Ikou.
    ...Wait? I think something in there that's a bit out of place, oh well.

That’s this year’s likely winner

Let’s meet again next time at "Stab all outsiders!”
    Last edited by Petrikow; November 11th, 2021 at 10:26 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002/12/27: Last business day of the year, and our agreement (Kinoko)
    To me half a year from now.
    Today at 8:10 PM, this year's work (quota) ended.
    Good job.
    I have concluded what in Tsukihime terms would be Arc, Ciel and Akiha route. The same in terms of volume too.
    Well then, I’m thinking of turning over a new leaf for next year and trying even harder.

...As if! I don’t give a hoot about such ceremonious phrases!
    I did it, now I can finally start Windwaker!
    I can also watch Scryed, and I can read the Summit of the Gods too! Close your eyes and grit your teeth too!

And also our agreement.
    These are things I’d like you to uphold before doing the story mode of Melty Blood.

1, Before the story mode, get used to the controls of Shiki and Sion in VS mode.
     If you can, spar a bit with every character
     Story mode is about difficulty 4 or 5 so LET’S TRY.

2, The flowchart shown in-game.
     The story blocks that intersect are because they are different stories, oh how bizarre.
     Even if you’ve cleared the E-Block, you can end up in a different E-Block by going through a different route.

4, You should save the bottom-most route for last.

5, To Kohaku and Akiha, I’m gonna apologize while I still can.

6, When the secret characters appear, they come all at once.

7, Skipping already-read text is done through the shield button. Saving is the config button.

That’s all.
    Now then, I’ll be waiting for you in the Town of Shadow Play at the close of the year.
    If you are wondering if there's a mistake with the numbers, worry not.

That's on Nasu, not me.
    Last edited by Petrikow; November 11th, 2021 at 11:55 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002/12/31: Just barely within this year (Takeuchi)
    4 days later than Nasu. I’ve somehow finally completed my work for this year.
    Hahhh.... I’m so relieved it's not next year yet.

Good work at Comiket everyone.
    For Melty, keep Nasu’s above-mentioned disclaimers in mind and enjoy yourselves.

Anyways.
    Looking back on this year, lots of things happened but, I think it was also a year in which I was fortunate enough to be given the opportunity to get to know a lot of people.
    I hope to announce the things we’ve got piled up from this whole year all at once next year.

Well then everyone. Happy new year.

Blog Entries
    Jesus almighty fucking christ, the blog started on 2002?
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    Jesus almighty fucking christ, the blog started on 2002?
    And can you believe it, they've not updated the layout of it even once.

This says a lot about Japanese society.

Blog Entries
    Nah, that much I adore about it. It makes me sad the ephemerality of internet content. Especially when 10 years ago and about until 5~, one of the D.A.R.E.-like beliefs they tried to instill in us kids was that the internet is an unending well of unforgetfulness. Seems like they never tried to scoop up information on anything over 5 years old that wasn't on any major social media platform.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    http://www.typemoon.org/bbb/diary/log/200301.html
    Quote Originally Posted by 2003/01/03: Happy New Year. (Kinoko)
    Happy new year everyone!
    ...Too late, damnit! It became the 3rd all of a sudden! I’ve completely forgotten what I did from new-years to now!

With the snow falling outside, I watched “Volcano High”.
    Just genuinely interesting. The music being straight-up rock also hit the mark for me.
    The students who appear are all powerful but they’re not as supremely awesome as the characters from “Tenjho Tenge”, more on the level of Rival Schools.
    Still, the power of Chi is a secret among secrets. Only a master of Kung-fu can possess the power of projectiles.

...Still, I see how it is. Even in the world of these outrageous highschoolers, Neigong is the strongest. Waigong is nothing more than the strength attainable by a normal human. Those who control the Chi control the world, huh. You go all ‘hop hop’, flying around going ‘boom boom’ and shooting at each other while your black long-coats flutter in the wind. Wait a second, couldn’t this mean that it's possible to make a live-adaptation of Kikokugai, actually, please do, I beg of you.

Also, as someone who it would seem likely to have many words said about them on the streets, let’s talk a bit about ‘her’ from Melty.
    “In my Melty, ○○ appears and all, but I can’t use them. Is it broken?”
    “In my Melty, S○○ doesn’t appear so is it broken or what?”
    “In this Melty of mine, Sion cannot become mine, is it broken, mayhaps?”
    My acquaintances have been telling me stuff like this.
    “Right, that’s because of a misprint. Normally they’d be in there.
    Is what I’d wanna say but I gotta hoooooooooooooooold it innnnn.
    Such Phantasms are up to Watanabe Works to Marble into existence, indeed!
    Oh, but that last one is a problem even they can’t solve though.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    http://www.typemoon.org/bbb/diary/log/200301.html
    Quote Originally Posted by 2003/1/17: Shock at my first battle (Takeuchi)
    My electricity was stopped.
    First time I’ve experienced that.

...I should pay the public utility fee properly.
    Last edited by Petrikow; November 18th, 2021 at 01:45 PM.