Page 147 of 620 FirstFirst ... 4797137142145146147148149152157197247 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 12384

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    There is actually a hilariously easy way to do that very thing...but I shall not say what it is as I actually have a Sheet for that lying around somewhere. I'll see if I can find it...
    Oh shoot. Are the three of us the same person? I was thinking of taking it in a Wild Hunt direction. Lartoria Alter would have issues with that, probably.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Oh shoot. Are the three of us the same person? I was thinking of taking it in a Wild Hunt direction. Lartoria Alter would have issues with that, probably.
    If you actually are planning to do a Gwyn sheet in the near future then don't let me stop you. The sheet I wrote in the past wasn't actually of Gwyn himself per se so it won't interfere with whatever you had in mind.

As for Lartoria, well it wouldn't be the first time that Arthur came into conflict with the Otherworld lol...
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    The Sword Emperor
    “Arthur, I have come to collect your tribute at last. I pray that this will be the time you finally see reason.”

True Name
    Allignment
    Class
    Alternative Class
    Lucius Tiberius
    Lawful Evil
    Counter
    Saber

Height
    1.80m
    Weight
    87kg
    Region
    Rome
    Source
    Historia Regum Britanniae
    Dislikes
    ‘King Arthur’

Parameters
    STR
    END
    AGI
    MAG
    LCK
    NP
    B
    B
    B
    D
    D
    A-

Background

Who is Lucius Tiberius?

A Procurator?

An Emperor?

A God?

Nay. If you were to ask any who remembers his name, then they would tell you that Lucius Tiberius was ‘The Enemy of King Arthur’. A figure shrouded in mystery and hearsay, considered nothing but a fabrication to show the value and greatness of the King of Knights.

He is a shade. An empty specter whose sole reason to exist is ‘To Oppose Arthur’.

Who demands his acknowledgement as the greater ruler. Who seeks to oppose his enemy to the point that should he ever meet Arthur in a Grail War then nothing would stop him from making a stand against his despised foe no matter the circumstances.

He marched against King Arthur.

He was killed by King Arthur.

His body was sent back to Rome as the only tribute King Arthur would pay them.

This unforgivable insult. This humiliation has been carved into the shade that is Lucius Tiberius, a vengeful being created as the mirror image of his hated foe. The one who will forever oppose him.

Personality

Prideful, violent, unyielding.

Lucius Tiberius could be considered hyper focused to the point his mind will narrow down onto the most minute details, so long as they have a connection to his detested enemy, Tiberius will seek him out, desiring nothing but to confront King Arthur and right the insult done to his name.

Even if his history is a fabrication.

Even if he is nothing but a nameless shade wearing the name of Lucius Tiberius. He will latch onto this grudge. For it is the only thing which tethers him to a identity.

To not oppose Arthur.

To forgive Arthur.

To accept and Apology.

Such acts are beyond him. For it is rooted in this grudge and his role as the Enemy of King Arthur that Lucius is able to maintain cohesion as an individual. To show the administrative prowess of a Procurator. The value and pride of an Emperor. The magnanimity and power of a God.

So he will seek out Arthur.

As many times as needed. No matter how many times he is defeated.

Because that is the reason he exists.

But if it were to be allowed. If Lucius were to be honest with himself and his own wishes. Then, the desire which burns within his chest wouldn’t be for vengeance or conquest, but to finally become an existence apart from ‘Arthur’. To make his own name… the name of a Hero.

Not a Villain.

Class Skills

Nemesis

B+
    The signature skill of the Counter Class. The ability of this Servant to locate and hunt down their ‘fated enemy’ is high, being able to point them out from miles away regardless of how they are hiding.

Oblivion Correction

A
    The unwillingness to forget a grudge tethering them to an enemy. Normally a skill associated with the Avenger Class. This iteration of the Skill makes it so Lucius is always compelled to oppose an enemy and never forget an insult.

Personal Skills
    Imperial Priviledge

D
    With the validity of his reign put into question, Lucius’ Imperial Privilege ranks low compared to those Emperors attested to by legend and historical records. Making it so he can only mimic mundane abilities.

Charisma

B
    Charisma equalling that of King Arthur himself. Enough to rule an entire country As befit his sworn enemy, Lucius will always try and match the King of Knights. Even when it comes to Skills.
    Mana Burst

B
    Connected to the Sun God, Lugh, Lucius’ only ability connecting him is the ability to use mana in the form of burning light, another skill which mirrors King Arthur’s, but with roots in Lucius’ split identity.
    Affections of the Flower

C+
    The only one of Lucius’ Skills not connected to his identity as an ‘enemy’. Memories which he holds dear towards a Goddess of the past. A Goddess of Life who one day gifted him with a blade. Memories which he holds dear.

Variant Class - Counter

Heroic Spirit of Opposition and Conflict.

On Variant Class Grail Wars, the Counter Class is reserved for a Servant which is being summoned in opposition to a previously summoned Heroic Spirit. A figure of their past or future considered by the grail as the ‘one most likely to oppose that Hero’.

Famous enemies of known heroes such as Goliath to David and Eurystheus to Heracles classify for this class, however, the only requirements to be summoned as a Counter is for the ‘enemy’ to be summoned first and for the same ‘relic’ to be used on their summoning.

Noble Phantasms
    Florent: Blossoming Sword of Imperial Rule
    Anti-Excalibur
    A-

The sibling sword to Clarent.

As a Noble Phantasm, it could be considered the ultimate counter to ‘Excalibur’. Becoming a mirror which contains and reflects the Sword of Promised Victory back towards the source. Its true power can only be used against Excalibur. However, swords ‘similar’ or ‘connected’ to Excalibur’s legend can also be affected to a certain extent.

Nowhere in the history of Rome is it attested that such a blade as Florent has ever existed. Making it similar to Lucius in that it is a phantom created to ‘emulate’ the idea of an enemy to Excalibur by fashioning itself after Mordred’s sword. However… Lucius will vehemently deny such claims. That this sword… unlike him… is something precious that indeed exists.

The Sword with the protection of Flora, the Roman Goddess of Flowers.

Her protection.

Her love.

They most certainly exist.

Author Notes!
    A small something I made in honor of the Arthurian Sheetamatic Universe. Not sure if Morg already have a Lucius sheet, but decided to do something with the Counter Class and that if nothing else, I dedicate this one to your efforts!

Blog Entries
    Lucius Tiberius: A tribute to me that demands tribute from others. What's the meta of this?
    The more technical side of me says Counter is a bit of a nonsensical Class like Sinner, but at least Sinner has the vague justification of being a subroutine of the Grail. I just find it hard to believe the Einzberns would think to program something like that into the Grail, and the Ainsworths certainly wouldn't for Pandora's Box.
    When I put that part of my brain aside, I can kinda dig this. Lucius wasn't on my radar, but even if he had, I'm not sure I would've done anything with him. I didn't have that moment of "Yeah, I can do something with this" when looking through him, but I can appreciate you doing something with him, even if I wish you had expanded on him a bit, especially with the hinted at connection to a goddess. You can imply a story all you want, but some things are better written out or else people will think there's nothing really to it.
    Also, this part's just an editing tidbit, but the wording of the personality section could have been a little clearer. Still, I like him altogether. Let the Arthurians flow!

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Here's a question. Would Roko's Basilisk be considered too modern to create a sheet based around?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by realcasually View Post
    Here's a question. Would Roko's Basilisk be considered too modern to create a sheet based around?
    Not too recent. More that, while the robot apocalypse is certainly something people have been worried about for a long time, I don't think the thought experiment itself has enough presence to make a Servant. That's coming from someone who had to look it up just now. Anyway, if you still decide to do it, the concept itself is old enough that an argument could be made.

Idea I'm kicking around is an Avenger-class Ha-satan, God's Holy Prosecutor, who has an EX-rank Innocent Monster that has basically turned him into the Devil image that Christians and Muslims had imposed on him in the narrative that originally did not exist in the original Hebrew text. He is very, very angry about this.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    TheLordOfAwesome: Ha-Satan was made in the Horror Contest, check them out.

realcasually: the argument of recency for concepts such as this is nebulous anyways, see the AI demiurge of Kamerad. When I want to make something that is recent, I connect it to something old. I am not familiar with many thought experiments, but if you are, you can perhaps claim the Basilisk is a reskin of an older concept. And even if not, Modern Fiction Servants are okay too.

Tiberius: I kinda dig the Counter Class, I actually really do. It fits the theme I wanna go for when crafting two or three Servants at once, because they are connected on the personal or conceptual level. If I would use this class, which I consider now to at least mention as an alternative class in my projects, I would broaden it as something from the Counter-Force, specifically against a certain threat. But it seems more like an overclass for me. Like Counter | Saber - Lucius Tiberius, adding the two class skills to his kit, similar to how Hux used Ancient Giant | Foreigner - Ymir. Or is his class the reason he mirrors Arthurs skills or he himself?
    Still, cool idea.

And do your due duty and make a blog post with your servants and Class Concepts dammit! pls

Fortuna: Indeed Amatsu is another theory. The three theories I am aware of are Sothis (mythology fits), Amatsumikaboshi/Amenominakanushi (mythology fits) and another Velber (story and design fits). There are certainly other stars that have other negative connotations, from history and perhaps HPL, but i think these three are the possible candidates. I hope it is not Amatsu tho, I have ideas for them.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lucius Tiberius: Interstinng i must say relly interesting class , i recal to have read that amonsgt scholars ist still debate who was the real Lucius Tiberius ,so it is quite interesting .but how does his Noblephantasm work now as you didnt desccribe visual ist working ?

BUt the real Question , which will be Wyverns nnext class ?

Who will it be ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I dig Lucius, I've wanted to see more of him since I learned about him. You've done a pretty solid job with the framework here. But I feel like the fan classes are really throwing up an extra wall between me and enjoying it, even if I want to. Counter is a cool CONCEPT but surely it doesn't extend over an entire CLASS. It feels like it could be a cool skill, maybe. But... as a Class it's just... it doesn't make sense to me. This guy's a Saber. Or a Berserker or Avenger, if his hate for Artoria is strong enough. You don't NEED a new class to represent that. Avengers are already ABOUT revenge. Zerkerlot is this "counter' thing to a T, and he's, well, a Berserker. The Counter Force is already a thing, there's a whole SKILL in canon called Counter Hero... I respect your creativity to come UP with the class, but... it just feels redundant to me, at least. The Noble Phantasm is a little bit limiting, and the rest is kind of bare bones, but... what's there ​is pretty good.

Blog Entries
    This does seem to be turning into a ongoing theme with these.

These experimental Variant Classes I'm making are mostly me tinkering with concepts that I want to include in some of my ongoing stories but don't have an accurate way to gauge whether their intended function works within the narrative or not. Unfortunately that means I end up being rather sparce and focusing on the concept I'm trying to create rather than the character. Which is a shame now that I think of it.

You are probably right in that all of these Variant Classes and the Servants I associated with them would probably end up being subsumed into another class. So yeah, my apologies that these random bouts of tinkering ended up getting in the way of your enjoyment of these characters. As barebones as they are, I at least conceived them in a way that makes it easier for myself to interact with them.

Between you, Morg, and some other people who offered me criticism, it really does feel like what I'm doing isn't working at all.

Maybe I should just try and stop with these?

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Man, seeing that Lucius sheet reminds me that it was four years ago that I did him as one of my first Servant sheets. Time really flies, but back then I expressed hope that Lucius would be added to FGO and even now we're still waiting. (T_T)
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    This does seem to be turning into a ongoing theme with these.

These experimental Variant Classes I'm making are mostly me tinkering with concepts that I want to include in some of my ongoing stories but don't have an accurate way to gauge whether their intended function works within the narrative or not. Unfortunately that means I end up being rather sparce and focusing on the concept I'm trying to create rather than the character. Which is a shame now that I think of it.

You are probably right in that all of these Variant Classes and the Servants I associated with them would probably end up being subsumed into another class. So yeah, my apologies that these random bouts of tinkering ended up getting in the way of your enjoyment of these characters. As barebones as they are, I at least conceived them in a way that makes it easier for myself to interact with them.

Between you, Morg, and some other people who offered me criticism, it really does feel like what I'm doing isn't working at all.

At this Point i start to think we should perhaps Exchange Story backfrounds of our extra classes via privat message perhaps i could help you when i know the background of what you try to build on.

Also am i curious do you still work on your Olympian Lostbelt with your new layout will they be greatly accentuated ? and although you said it once can you again tell me how you create this layout it was something with Goolgle docs Right ?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    So yeah, my apologies that these random bouts of tinkering ended up getting in the way of your enjoyment of these characters. As barebones as they are, I at least conceived them in a way that makes it easier for myself to interact with them.

See, now you're making me feel bad...

I don't want to be the guy who kills ANYONE'S creativity. If you're genuinely enjoying these, go for it. It's not like the canon doesn't still HAVE its fair share of stupid classes like "Gunner" and "Launcher" and "Funny Vamp." I think that the only real problem is that the class concepts you HAVE are a little shallow. "Counter" being summoned to specifically oppose another hero isn't exactly the BASIS for a Class. "Lover" being... someone who was... in love...? Isn't a solid FOUNDATION.

I think there's something here that's salvagable in SOME form. The way I see it, you go two ways. One, actually flesh out the classes much more, because what we're getting isn't enough to justify these classes standing on their own. Or two, give up on them being classes specifically and try and refocus the concepts you HAVE into other angles, like Skills or even something else entirely.

I guess it doesn't help that you clearly have an ongoing narrative that fits these into it that we have absolutely no idea about, so we are not getting the context you clearly have that validates these.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like the creativity behind them and like I said, I believe the best thing to do with these Class ideas are to treat them as Overclasses.
    Remember the first singularity? There were Berserk Saber or Mad Saber or what they were called or my attempt to create a Foreigner Overclass with 'Foreign Archer'. I see every Extra Class like that. We have the 7 base classes and some heroes were so weird that they did not quite fit the right class or the Grail itself changed them to that class. If Ruler did not exist, Jeanne D'arc would of course be a Lancer and stuff like that. Counter | Saber would denote Lucius as a proper Saber, but he got Extra skills added to him, because he was given a precise purpose on top of it. Iron Apega could be Lover | Assassin, because she would fit that Class and for your story reasons she concentrates more on the aspect of her twisted Love.
    Maybe others dont agree with me, but I think that allows both the canon classes to remain the focal point, but allow new ideas for 'sub-classes' to be formed. Coming up with new classes is hard as it is, because they are broad enough already, that filling the small holes that are perhaps left, let others question the legitimacy nonetheless.

So continue doing your stuff Wyvern! We LIKE it, there are just HOLES to be filled.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Don't disappoint me now when your just starting to get interesting, Wyvern. Why would I make a Lover Servant if I didn't like the idea? Voyager and Counter certainly need a bit more ground to stand on when taken in lore, but the concepts are interesting. Are you going to just leave me hanging on what you'll do next, or will you just do it and be willing to fail?

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Notes
    I apologise for cutting the flow of this conversation, but I wanted to share this... This... Whatever this is.
    It is an attempt, at least.

My sudden flash of inspiration for a Sheets of Fianna universe disappeared as quickly as that when I spent like, a good 3 days researching this figure only to find a couple of trustworthy pages. I don't think I have the drive to consistently come here and post these men (but this idea might change in the future, so who knows.) Anyway, so this is a character that would normaly be resumed in a single line, a footnote of legends, becoming a creative abomination and a challenge at the same time, because I hate wanking but I felt like he was such a joke that he couldn't be anything but wanky. I had to take a different path with him, in the end. I apologise for the result.

Also, I'm sensing a depressing pattern in these men. Will all the Fianna be like that?............

“Son of a——oh… Hello. Hey there. ...Gods, I can’t believe you summoned me, Master. That’s very unlucky of you, buddy. You shouldn’t have done that.”

Lancer
    — THE KNIGHT OF THE SEA —

Class: Lancer
    Other Classes: Rider, Caster, Saber, Ruler
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Origin: Celtic mythology
    Region: Ireland

Height: 181 cm | 5'11''
    Weight: 63 kg | 138,8 lbs

Natural Enemy: Hard work and also himself
    Attribute: Sky
    Traits: Servant, Male, Divine, Riding, Humanoid, Weak to Enuma Elish, Brynhildr’s Beloved

STRENGTH: B

ENDURANCE: C

AGILITY: A

MANA: A

LUCK: D

NOBLE PHANTASM: A

Class Skills

Divinity: B

A Bunrei of a certain water deity, a legit Divine Spirit-class Servant… But when he noticed that such a high level of divine power would attract the attention of other individuals in a 「why is this guy such a loser despite having this amount of power?」 way, he imposed a series of yet another self-seals in his own person to blend in better.

——It didn’t work at all, it’s still high!

Magic Resistance: C

By virtue of being a Bunrei of a certain water deity and by also living in an era where the primordial magic still resided in the air and in the blood of his people, he possesses a high tolerance against most magecraft, modern or not.

In actuality, the Rank should be a lot higher than this, but it seems that by imposing that many self-seals upon himself, something was bound to go wrong (or right?) eventually. Oh, well...

Riding: A+++

In legends, it was said that he was considered one of the three legendary riders of Ireland, together with Cú Chulainn and Conall Cernach. Although the act of “riding a single horse until exhaustion and then some more” seems aggressively mundane to modern standards, not only the compilers of tales decided that it was a praiseworthy feat, but also the presence of these three as the sole contenders suggests a supernatural component to the ability.

But because he is a spirit of the ocean, he rather specializes in riding all forms and shapes of water. And he really means all forms and shapes.

Bond 1
    A member of the Knights of Fianna.

The sorcerer warrior.

The lover of Aoife.

The nephew of Fionn mac Cumhaill.

「The embodiment of laidbackness.」

「That dude over there.」

He holds many titles, but incidentally also holds no pride or preference for any of them. Living surrounded by a casual atmosphere every day without a care in the world, almost aggressively untroubled, he watches over the Master and their fight from afar as if it didn’t concern him at all.

The man to go when one needs a lot of very unhelpful advices or irritating quips about things that are sure to make one fume in anger by the end of their conversation. The owner of a strange and whimsical atmosphere around him that suits more a dreamy child and less a grown-ass Servant.

Bond 2
    Height/Weight: 181cm・63kg
    Source: Celtic mythology
    Region: Europe
    Alignment: Lawful Good

Incidentally, he was always extremely lucky in life—things would always pan out in a way that benefited him most of the time. But when he discovered that all of that was a destiny specifically tailored to destroy the fates of everyone else around him, he started to consider himself the unluckiest man alive. This newly-acquired belief seems to be manifested in his Parameters.

Bond 3
    In a beautiful and sunny day, the knights of Fianna welcomed into their ranks a most unusual soldier: Lughaid Lámhfhada. Named after the mighty god of war whose lineage lived tall and proud in the form of Fionn mac Cumhaill even today, the youth was also a nephew of Fionn that specialized in the art of magecraft rather than in the sword. However, as they discovered, he was not one to be trifled with even with that title: his domain of the art of spear was impeccable, and his form while horse-riding was commendable. It didn’t take long for them to understand what everyone that lived with Lughaid also concluded: they were in the presence of a natural-born genius.

Unfortunately, talent is like the water and likes to take many shapes. The youth was a genius, but a lazy one: he put the bare minimum effort into serving, just enough to go by. He had no interest in the glory of battles. The opportunity to learn under names of almost mythical fame such as Diarmuid Ua Duibhne and his cousin Oisín didn’t phased him in the slightest, and he also didn’t look amused at the tales passed through the soldiers during their confabulations over the warmth of a campfire. His body language was that of someone that desperately wanted out.

Needless to say, he wasn’t the most loved figure out there.

But he was content with that.

Somehow, the more the Fianna men seemed weirded out by his standoffish-ness, the more Lughaid seemed happy at that. As if he wished nothing more than to be away from the band, he invited the antipathy of his uncle’s men with his unusual, quiet behavior. Even Fionn himself came to him one day and asked what was wrong… And at that day, Lughaid looked into his uncle’s aging eyes for a long time before responding that “it was nothing.”

—That was not what his eyes were saying, though.

But things would start to change soon. They always would, when it came to that strange youth.

A foul wild beast vanquished by his martial prowess was the rite of passage he needed to go through to be truly accepted under the Fianna. He merely put himself in harm’s way because he knew that that beast, the same that already knocked out two valorous colleagues, would attack an innocent village if he didn’t do anything—it was truly nothing personal. And yet, he was seen and he was celebrated and they suddenly were all over him as if they were battle-forged companions.

I’m the luckiest man in the entire world!」, one would think at this time. To be a part of the knights of Fianna and to be praised by its greatest members would make any normal boy blush—but Lughaid felt only a silent despair.

That wasn’t supposed to happen. But it was happening again.

Fate was moving things without his consent.

Bond 4
    They say that whenever a great hero is born, a most foul villain is fated to be born as well.

The world is made of two halves—two perfect pieces, the yin and the yang, true equilibrium constantly achieved. An action demands a reaction of same magnitude.

That’s why the birth of Fionn mac Cumhaill meant that he’d come to this world one day, too.

「What do you want to be when you grow up?」
    「A knight of Fianna!」

He remembers repeating this childish wish oh-so fervently; sleeping with sword-fight lessons in his head, waking up thinking of today’s horse-riding adventures. He fought thinking of all the glory he’d attain one day, he served his lords aiming at a single direction. He wanted to be a knight just like them. He heard with all the solemnity possible for a boy about the feats of his uncle, wishing nothing more than to be just like him. To serve by his side, to watch his feats. He grew up worshipping those men, the symbols of all the untapped potential residing in mankind.

He beamed at all the praise directed at him—how good of a warrior he was, how proud he made his family, how mighty of a horse-rider he shaped up to be, and even his mindless dabbing into the Druid arts resulted in a strange, flowy combat magic. He waited with baited breath for the day he’d inevitable be called to be a knight of the Fianna—his deeds were already on the way to be communicated to his lord uncle. It was only a matter of time!

Then he fell in love. And that was the beginning of the end.

She was a precious thing—Aoife, a fair lady of golden hair and sapphire-colored eyes hidden under a veil of modest eyelashes. They met in a huge feast hosted by his family, and the innocent youth was instantly smitten at that maiden. She smiled as if she loved him, and he felt butterflies in his stomach. Nothing like he ever felt before; this boy was no strange to violence and the fear of the battlefield, but when she touched his hand, he felt truly weak for the first time. One day, under the shade of a tree, she kissed him. And just like that, he died.

—What was reborn after that kiss, was something different.

The blood of the sea god inside of her veins, passed through generations, resonated with the fragment of a god trapped in a mortal body. An olden wish, olden ambitions, all of them came to the surface, and the boy that received the name Lughaid Lámhfhada in honor of a deity that had nothing to do with the one residing in his soul remembered everything.

He was a god, too, once. Manannán mac Lir, they call him—the sea deity, protector of the Underworld, guardian of Tír Tairngire. A fragment of a god that relinquished his memories and his divinity to be reborn as a mere mortal. The grandeur of his title lost to the flow of life. But he was a solitary god, a thing meant to be watched from afar; and everything he’d ever touch would become sour. That was promised. He would bring ruin to those around him, but would never experiment ruin himself—because he was a god. A foreign object that wasn’t supposed to be.

His love for Aoife bloomed and died in the singular space of a kiss. From there on, he was consumed with nothing but the fear of becoming a knight of Fianna; he understood that, by merely being himself, he was promised to bring the end to the age of mighty men.

But it was only a matter of time, wasn’t that right? And then, he was called by his lord uncle.

Bond 5
    Like the water, he was celebrated for his victories, but tried his best to slip between the soldier’s fingers and return to his usual place of standoffish loneliness. And it was indeed from the sidelines that he saw the tragedy unfold before it ever began.

The stupid love spot that was a spell laughably easy to remove. And yet, he couldn’t—because in his panic at discovering he was being summoned to Fionn’s court, he placed a series of self-sealing conditions upon himself. 「Do not directly engage in combat with your lord, not even as sparring」, 「do not use your magic against the knights of Fianna」, 「do not feel comfortable around the knights of Fianna」, and so on and so on. He would have a lot of time in the future to reflect how those were poorly devised conditions, anyway.

As he was expecting, that thing spelled trouble one day. The day sweet, meek Gráinee came to the court to marry his lord uncle. That she was an unhappy bride, it was a given: not a single smile came from her mouth during the entire feast. But her eyes told an entire different tale, one of longing, and they were locked in the handsome soldier. Lughaid felt again the waves of panic, thinking: he was doing that again, wasn’t him? He was inviting misfortune.

He tried to stop himself from being the direct cause of the fall of Fianna, but that only meant that he could still be the indirect cause, right? And because he couldn’t remove that stupid spell, he had to watch his found family that he watched from afar to be torn apart because of a lover’s quarrel. He had to see his veteran, the mighty Diarmuid, slain his own companions out of duty for a princess caught in a spell that was preventable if it wasn’t for his ill-timed and poorly-worded interference. He had to deny to untie the knots sealing powerful allies of Fionn out of an impossibility to directly engage in combat with any of his companions; an act that spelled a fracture in the ranks impossible to be fixed anymore. And then, he had to watch it come slowly come to a climax, a beautifully arranged series of coincidences that ended in the death of a legend and the destruction of the Fianna.

And then he still lived. He lived for many, many years after that.

Time enough to see his lord uncle having the same destiny of his precious band of knights.

—And then he lived even more still.

Bond 6

Prince of Aptitude (Double Summon): A

No matter how much he tried to be terrible at something, somehow he’d always end up mastering that. Poetry and needlework, horse-riding and sword-fighting, nothing was challenging enough... Which may sound amazing, except when you’re trying your best to make it not be.

Because he was quite so good at everything, somehow his Saint Graph found some complications…? Something, something, how to classify a man that could be anything? So uh, Lughaid merely gave a nudge, a suggestion that if it was like that, he should just have every Class! But of course, that was promptly shot down… Weird, it seemed like such a great idea in his head…

—Well, in the end it seems that they finally reached a compromise and he is allowed to shuffle between at least two Classes, Lancer and Rider, each one featuring its own Noble Phantasm and advantages. In a Holy Grail War, that would be quite the trump card, the possibility of being recognized as any of two Classes out of the seven and change it at will, but here it seems that it just makes him the prime target for Challenge Quests and intense farming. Ugh.

Spirit of the Sea: EX

A Bunrei of Manannán mac Lir, the sea god. Furthermore, in a sense, he is also his own relative, since the blood of Manannán’s descendants also flows in his body. Not to mention that some of Nuada’s blessings were also granted onto his bloodline by virtue of being Fionn mac Cumhaill’s nephew. Truly... Whatever happened from there on, he already couldn’t really help it from birth.

“Well, don’t think too hard about all that. It’s just like Back to the Future.” And what does that even mean!?

A trueborn spirit of the water, one would even dare to call him… A 「waterbender」. (He liked this modern definition quite a lot.) It comes with a lot of benefits: his skin is moisturized to perfection, granting him a face without a single blemish. He can also control the temperature of the water particles around him, allowing him to never feel hot or cold, besides him not even understanding the meaning of “parched”… And who wouldn’t absolutely love the feeling of walking on water without having to go to an aquarium for that? Christians, eat your heart out.

—Oh, and what about using it for battles too? Sure, it has its advantages as well. Being hit by a high-pressure water blast is not that different than hitting a brick wall. He also can cloak himself within water’s flow, move at high speed on water and even call rain whenever he wants and use mist to create a variety of convincing illusions. Not to mention, human’s bodies are 70% made of water, right? Imagine the possibilities. But why would he do that? He doesn’t want to fight anytime soon.

Geas of the Divine: A

The only thing that stops this Servant from being a walking tomfoolery-of-absolute-shenanigans is this Skill, in the end of the day. A series of self-imposed geas that act as 「seals」 to keep his powers in check.

A god fearing his own powers—a mortal fearing his own destiny. A last desperate attempt to control his fate, one that sadly didn’t pan out. But still, he cherishes this weakness. These scars, they are proof that there was a journey, that he had at least one say in the whole matter.

Primordial Rune (Sea): EX

Naturally, Manannán mac Lir possesses the knowledge of all the original 18 Runes that hailed from the Scandinavia of the old, back in the Age of Gods.

But because Lancer is only his Bunrei—or because he is so lazy that he already forgot about the other 17? We can never rule out such hypothesis—somehow it was decided that he ought to overspecialize in the runes of the Water variety.

In any way, it is a fact that he can freely control the original Norse runes which has nothing to do with the ones modern magi use today. By making proper use of this, powerful and varied effects are mastered. Other than attacks, this is mainly employed for effects corresponding to the Skills Magic Resistance (Sea), Illusion (Sea), Clairvoyance (Sea), Charisma (Sea), for raising his other Parameters to Rank A (Sea), and so on and… Hold on! You can’t just slap (Sea) onto things and call it a day! It’s not how it works!

Bond 7
    “Flow that dwells in the possibility… Current that brings new paths. Close thy eyes and rest thy body under the golden tree and dream—it is, too, the acceptance of thy fate.”

THE YELLOW TREE AT THE HALCYON BOUNDARY
    Ctann Buide

Type: Anti-Fate
    Range:
    Max. number of targets:

The golden spear that weaves destiny.

In ancient days, the deities of water were sometimes also considered bearers of the past and future, for the water had direct link with primal
    Order
    Chaos

Manannán mac Lir held a collection of weapons he brandished in his innumerous fights, amongst them a golden spear that was said to 「cut through fate」. A gift bestowed to the Bunrei of him that descended to Earth, this is a weapon that shapes and manipulates the chaotic forces in the universe. With every slash of this spear, a butterfly effect-like phenomena starts to occur, creating many ripples in the fabric of fate. 「The possibility of victory」 or 「The possibility of defeat」 lies within every blow. Eventually, Lancer is capable of even producing a new possible outcome from using fragments of probabilities from the no-ending void of alternate outcomes that are lying in the blows dealt by his weapon.

This allows for a nigh-limitless amounts of preexisting possibilities to use as building blocks towards victory, an innumerable amount of options that can happen within every new possibility—even though as they pile up, the newly created possibilities are not just as controllable than the ones he already assimilated and understood. But naturally, it was only expected that as the spirit of the vast seas he, too, would hold a power just as wide.

In any way, his unluckiness runs so deep that this Noble Phantasm was something he acquired after his passing, as a spirit inserted into the Throne of Heroes—if he had the means of brandishing such a weapon during his life, things would’ve surely gone different… Maybe... We may never know, really...

—Incidentally, it seems that his Noble Phantasm when shuffling his Parameters to his Rider Class involves Enbarr, the legendary steed rumored to gallop faster than the winds. But since we are not talking about THAT for now, let’s not even entertain the possibility!

Bond 8
    One thing you need to know about Lancer: he hates himself.

There, he said it.

Now that this is out of the way, you have to understand that there’s only one way he found to not absolutely drown in self-loathing: to pretend that nothing at all phases him, ever. Cloaking himself in an aura of absolute indifference, he lives hedonistically one day after the other as if there was nothing wrong with the world around him.

He may behave like a wise big brother from time to time (but not that much, he likes it better when people think he’s dumb because this means that no one will expect nothing from him)—and he may break character and even provide helpful commentaries too—but he will never allow anyone to approach him. He keeps people at bay, in a fear that by merely making contact with him they are already irremediably tainted by destiny. His summoning situation in itself is already a reason for great dismay for this Servant; for him, being here is nothing short of torture.

But you would never guess that by the way he behaves. He’s listless, apathetic and impassive, which makes him seem like a mature young man at best and an emotionless and uncaring bastard at worst. He’s that sort of individual that will barely exert more energy than he needs to, even during battles—and yet, Lancer is probably the most hard-working man out there, since he is constantly battling against his deepest wishes and impulses, every day. It takes a lot of work to be this untroubled figure he tries to be.

He speaks in a laidback and almost disrespectful manner to anyone, not caring at all about hierarchy or respect, as if he’s above all of this now—but he only does that because he knows he has what it needs to back up this claim. He’s the sort to not mince his words and that… Not always ends up nicely, it seems. But maybe he’s the sort of person who’s too lazy even to correct himself...?

—Well, anyway.

——Wait, is that all? There’s no good traits to speak of!?

Bond 9

Quotes
    A thing I like? Being left alone. —Hey, kiddin’ I’m just kiddin’, don’t look at me like that! I like long baths too… I mean, uhh, ignore the last part. Wait, I can do this! Ask me again.

Dislikes:
    —What’s the purpose of this question, again...?

Wish for the Holy Grail:
    「I want to be like everyone else.」How’s that sounds? —Ahh, who cares. It’s not like it’ll happen, either way. Let’s speak of something else?

During events:
    Look, do I have to go...?

About the Master:
    Relationship between a Servant and their Master, huh? ...Why? Are you thinking of getting chummy with me or something? —Not that I care or anything, but I’d not do that if I was you, ya know.

Birthdays:
    There isn’t any rhyme or reason in this world, so in the end even our birth is meaningless... But isn't that wonderful in its own right? Because if there isn’t really any real reason for us to be here, we can find our own. I hope you find yours.

Bond 1:
    I’m sorry you’re trapped with ol’ worthless me, Master. It wasn’t on my plans, really. But I’ll try to make this experience the most painless possible and not show my mug around that much. —Huh? That’s no good? You want me around? ——Eh, why…?

Bond 2:
    —Hmm? What am I doing, looking so intently at you like this? Sorry, I didn’t mean to— W-was I bothering you...? Not really, it just surprised you…? Oh. Okay... ——Uhh, I was just… Thinking. My apologies.

Bond 3:
    You are a weird fellow. I’m not even that interesting, what are you doing hanging out with me? ——“Do I want you gone?” …No. Not really. And that’s the problem.

Bond 4:
    *ahem* I am noticing that you don’t tend to take care of yourself that well. You know, Master... May I interest you in the benefits of a good, long cry? Surely, it’s not pleasant, but I think you’d feel better afterwards. —And, if it’s allowed, I will guard your door to make sure no one disturbs your sorrow.

Bond 5:
    I… I know this might sound presumptuous of me, but I don’t want to fail again. I want to be a proper knight this time—your Knight. I really want to do good by you. Please, don’t let me fail this time, okay? I’ll support you, so… Can you support me, too?

Relationships
    Cú Chulainn (Caster):
    A bunrei of Lugh…? No, that’s not right…? Huh. You reek of the Underworld, instead. Weird. Who are you?

Diarmuid Ua Duibhne:
    What? Lord Diarmuid is over there? —Alright. Then, I’m leaving. Nope, not today, chief.

Fionn mac Cumhaill:
    Ah, if it isn’t my lord uncle! What a fateful encounter. Hmm? You feel like this is such a blessed opportunity to introduce me to all of your new comrades? Your long, long list of comrades? —Ahh. Cool, cool, that’d be great! Let’s catch up sometime soon, yes? But if you excuse me, I gotta go… Uhh, do a thing. Away from here. Yeah.

Gráinne:
    *Pursing his lips* —Oh no, don’t misunderstand me: I’m not angry at her. I’m angry at myself for not being able to stop something so preventable.

Merlin:
    Seriously? You’re all bored in that beautiful place where nothing of note ever happens? Ahh, that’s so unfair…

Lancelot:
    Oh my gods above, you too? That man at least had the excuse of being bound by a powerful geas or whatever, but you were just thinking with your dick. Ya’ll should really stop raining on the others’ parades like that.

Tamamo no Mae:
    Ah. Nope, I’m out.

Ciabhán:
    I did… Uhh, I mean, the Sea God did what now to your wife, after you left the Fianna? —Yikes. That’s rough, buddy.

Edern ap Nudd:
    So young and energetic and bright and full of motivation… I’m tired already.

Caílte mac Rónáin:
    You’re still as somber as ever, huh. You’re not that fair already—what you think you are walking around with a mug like that, Diarmuid?—so you should really take care of your skin at least, you know. You’re gonna get wrinkles.

Craft Essence

「Why was I born?」

Maybe it’s only human to ponder about such matters.

Does that mean that I’m truly a human, a legitimate article, if I think about it as well?

Sometimes, I’d sit by a lake and would just take my time looking at my own reflection for hours. I would remember of my origin and my cursed existence, but I couldn’t remember what were the feelings that moved that god’s heart to make him wish to walk among humans, as an equal.

It makes no sense, right? A god is something to be admired from afar. It’s not something that should mingle with humans—not without consequences for everyone involved, at least.

So why that god wished to specifically grant me the gift of being born into this world?

What he wished to accomplish with that?

I always spoke of myself in third person, as if I’m living the life of someone else.

And maybe, I was—if everyone around me would experience unhappiness, I could pretend I wasn’t myself. Then, I wouldn’t be the guilty one. Then it would be just 「something that was supposed to happen.」 The gods work in mysterious ways, right? And I’m just a person, there was no way I could be the culprit, right?

——Huh. Would you look at that...

Maybe I, too, carried a curse of my own for meeting myself.
    Last edited by WhiteFrenzy; April 25th, 2021 at 10:23 PM.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

I'm a peaceful woman with bad intentions. Lady Vanatos's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Lughaid Lámhfhada:

I dig it. I love him. What immediately catches my eye is how innately un-Celt like he is and given his backstory it's for good reason. His characterization really sells the sheet for me. GG fam
    Current FGO setup

Blog Entries
    Lughaid Lamhfhada: Really good i must say .

*intense nodding intensifies*