Page 383 of 621 FirstFirst ... 283333373378381382383384385388393433483 ... LastLast
Results 7,641 to 7,660 of 12410

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Blog Entries
    hmm perhaps there is a problem with how they are pronounced.

Phaithon is part of the Astra Planeta https://www.theoi.com/Titan/AstraPlaneta.html
    but when you click on his name it links to Phaethon https://www.theoi.com/Titan/AsterPhaethon.html

Still, I think they are two different entities that were confused over time. It is not uncommon to have the same name on different people.
    I highly recommend this site for anything greek myth related
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's a great resource, thanks.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar
    Has anyone been having trouble with the media or paste button or is it just me?
    Last edited by Vance; February 15th, 2022 at 11:39 AM.

There is a flowing trail of water. No source from which it emerged can be seen. But in the middle of its gushing outpour is a man flipping a coin.

"..."

The man speaks of nothing, he only smiles and beckons.

True Name: The Ferryman
    Class: Rider
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Source: Greek Mythology
    Region: Servant Universe

Parameters:
    Strength: D
    Endurance: A
    Agility: B
    Mana: C
    Luck: C

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance D
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Maybe it is due to his constant exposure to his method of travel that his resistance is quite low.

Riding EX
    A Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding. Rider possesses an exception to the conventional ranking. His "ride" traverses through a layer of reality that the living should not have been privy to.

Personal Skills:

Mystic Eyes B
    A Skill where one has possession of Mystic Eyes, capable of imparting magical effects upon a subject and interfering with the outside world. The type of eyes he possesses is the type that causes spontaneous combustion.

Ferryman's Toll EX
    A unique sort of Golden Rule that the Ferryman uses as "payment" for his services. There is no indication of where or how he acquired the coins nor what the material they are made of is. However, there exists speculation that coins are linked to his noble phantasm.

Oath of Guidance B
    A skill that represen-
    "Shhhhh."

There is amusement in his smile as he makes a shushing noise.

A contract willingly taken. He shall continue to guide heroes as his oath demands it. No more, no less.

Noble Phantasm

Katabasis Styx: Descent of Heroes Through The River of Oaths
    Type: Anti-Unit, Anti-Self

The noble phantasm of The Ferryman. The rush of water that he travels upon on occasion. The crystallization of his role of a guide of sorts. Typically manifesting as a suitcase that he carries with him, it is what lays inside that counts. Setting it aside, and opening it up, a torrent of water will appear and convene into a straight line.

Wading through the stream of water, the surroundings soon begin to blur after a while, mixing together in a kaleidoscope of visual sensations. The waters are themselves an extradimensional substance obtained from what could be considered the "pool that lays at the center of the universe." Conceptual in its nature, the water can flow to just about anywhere including dreams, voids, and even alternate universes. The Ferryman selects a preset destination that clears away the visual fuzz but that does not mean that passengers cannot prematurely set off the stream but that is inadvisable due to variability of where they end up.

The Ferryman uses it in his role as a guide or, as his namesake says, to ferry people around.

Lore

There are many mysteries that occur around the Servant Universe; tales that come from unknown texts, structures with no sign of life around, or even locations only heard of in rumors. The Ferryman and The River was one of many. The tale of a nameless servant who, with a chance encounter, came into a contract with the mysterious spirit of a river that was said to have flowed towards all places in existence.

It was a story with a common theme like with most stories in its time, even obtaining a nursery rhyme at that, especially when it was said that nameless Servant was given a True Name at the end. And so, treated like a childish fantasy that others would easily overlook, The Ferryman rides his river all the same, to where he needs to be.

Bond Essence

Where, oh where
    Did The Ferryman go?
    Row, oh row
    Down the River he flows
    With Eyes of Ash,
    He pays his toll
    Where, oh where
    Did The Ferryman go?

Creator's Note: Fucking finally. I found a way to do this.
    Last edited by Vance; February 15th, 2022 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Making a sheet as a means of being a plot device feels off for me. It jives with my way of doing things too much.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    hmm perhaps there is a problem with how they are pronounced.

Phaithon is part of the Astra Planeta https://www.theoi.com/Titan/AstraPlaneta.html
    but when you click on his name it links to Phaethon https://www.theoi.com/Titan/AsterPhaethon.html

Still, I think they are two different entities that were confused over time. It is not uncommon to have the same name on different people.
    I highly recommend this site for anything greek myth related
    Hey, a fellow Theoi fan! Nice to see this site being recommended around here.

Servant Sheet Compilation
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

Blog Entries
    I used Theoi over ten years ago. When I had Latin Class my love for greek mythology emerged again and then I read all the pages of gods there. I made several pages big family tree by hand on paper in my free time back then.
    Just to show you all what a nerd I can be when something catches my interest.

Ferryman: i honestly dont really get this sheet. Water-based sheet with Eyes that make things go boom is one thing, but the end is confusing. The idea to make Charon a gambler/For-hire type with the coins is actually a really cool idea.

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Oh, the end is just the prelude to another sheet I'm making for the servant universe. I just felt that posting that kind of sheet without any buildup in the slightest seems a bit...I'm still acclimating to the short story type of sheets that others use.
    Last edited by Vance; February 15th, 2022 at 06:45 PM.

Edit: I removed the end to the Ferryman sheets. Reasons in the edit portion of the sheet.

Class: Ruler
    True Name: Conquest/White Rider
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Source: The Book of Revelations
    Region: Middle East
    Attribute: Heaven

Parameters

Strength: A+
    Endurance: A+
    Agility: B
    Mana: A+++
    Luck: A

Class Skills

God's Resolution: EX

Ruler can use two Command Seals for each Servant participating in the Grail War. It can also repurpose the Command Seals of others by enforcing their authority upon them.

True Name Discernment: A++

Ruler can instantly discern the true identity, name, and skills of any Servant they encounter.

Magic Resistance: A++

Ruler can easily overcome and negate any magecraft used against them.

Personal Skill

Conquering and To Conquer: EX

Ruler is the composite of many, many men and women who have been termed "Conqueror" throughout history, be they military or otherwise. As such, Ruler has absorbed the skills they would normally have if summoned as a Servant. When they are summoned, they carry with them three extra skills, randomly chosen from any Servant considered a conqueror. This excludes any skill Ruler already has.

Divinity: A+

For centuries, Christian tradition has held that Ruler is a representation of the Messiah. As such, Ruler has this skill, though they are not themselves a god. With it, Ruler can break through skills granting protection.

Riding: A

Ruler is one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalyse, and as such, would normally be able to ride anything. But when summoned in this class, Ruler is merged with their steed into a centaur, rendering them unable to properly make use of this ability.

Noble Phantasm

First Seal: Bow of Pestilence

Type: Anti-Unit

Rank B++

The White Rider has often times been replaced with another figure among the Horsemen of the Apocalypse, known as Pestilence. When summoned, Ruler carries with them a bow and quiver of arrows, considered divine constructs. However, this Noble Phantasm has been contaminated thanks to the influence of 'Pestilence' and as such now spreads disease instead of it's original, forgotten ability. Any hit by an arrow of Ruler will be struck with a curse that affects their abilities to fight. Servants may find their parameters dropping while ordinary humans will be killed outright.

Noble Phantasm

First Seal: White Crown

Ruler stands as that which is understood as Conquest, the White Rider who emerged from the first of seven seals spoken of in Revelations. Upon their head is this Noble Phantasm, a white stephane of victory. Should Conquest lay hands upon a Servant's head, this Noble Phantams will activate and attack the Servant's Core, aiming to completely overwhelm their will and destroy them. Once achieved, a white, porcelain copy of that Servant will emerge in their place, a blank slate and soldier in Ruler's army. This clone will have all of the defeated Servants abilities and skills, save their Noble Phantasm. That is taken by Ruler, who may use it only one time.

History: Ruler does not have what one would consider a history, rather, it is more of an idea that has been strived for by all number of men and women throughout history, through force of armies, economy, philanthropy, politics, or even society. These desires have taken shape in this figure known as the White Rider, a Horseman of the Apocalypse. In some ways, White Rider can be said to be mankind's greatest champion, personifying their desire to conquer the very planet itself. But this can only be said, not a true reality. As the world changes, however, conquest remains the same, and White Rider remains the same with it; an unstoppable force that shapes mankind.

Personality: White Rider has one goal; to dominate all around them. Their arrogance is staggering. To them, all exist solely to be conquered under their boot. None can ever be their equal. The mere idea of being humbled is impossible and in some ways antithetical, as their perception of themselves as the conqueror means nothing can ever stop them. Any Master who summons them may find themselves overcome by it.

One thing White Rider cannot stand is whatever it sees as rebellion. Any sign of it will be purged from the face of the earth. As such, White Rider despises any Servant considered a rebel, seeking to utterly annihilate them.

They are ultimately a rather simple being, though it is possible for their actions to be influenced by the pieces of whichever conquerors they are made from.

Wish for the Holy Grail: To rule the universe. If that is not possible, to eradicate rebellion.

Relationships:

- Gilgamesh: "Kneel. I command you. Mongrel."

- Iskander: "You sought me out. Now you have found me. Like so many others I have subjugated, you will be the same."

- Artoria Pendragon: "I see no king. Only a child unworthy of a crown. Camelot belongs to me. All the world belongs to me."

- Mordred: "You dare raise your hand against a conqueror? For this transgression, I will wipe your legend from the history books!"

- William Tell: "BURN."

Likes: Conquest, gaining things, making people do as they say, killing rebels
    Dislikes: Rebels, rebels, rebels, people disobeying them, disobedience, anything to do with rebellion
    Talents: Archery, riding, tactics, politics, social norms, anything to do with conquering stuff
    Natural Enemy: War/Red Rider

---

Pure fucking boredom is why I copy and pasted this from SB. Never seen a sheet for the White Rider, I think it works.
    Last edited by Slick146; February 16th, 2022 at 12:27 AM.

He Who Hunts for Eden Marchosias

Class: Assassin
    Alternate Classes: Archer
    True Name: Marchosias
    Origin: Ars Goetia/Unknown Soul Pruned from history
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Armaments: Hunting knives, Riffles, Claws
    Attribute: Beast
    Traits: Male, Phantasmal, Beast, Demonic, Not Weak to Enuma Elish

Appearance: An anthropomorphic wolf of average human height with long, almost floor length hair, a pair of demon horns sprouting from underneath. His clothing changes with each ascension, going from simple ropes, to hunting clothes, to full noble clothes in the final. In his final ascension he also gains wings and a snake tail. In all ascensions his eyes are hidden behind bandages with mystical markings, said bandages are seen loosely coiling around his entire body.

Bio: “A fallen angle who rebelled against god, a dominion cursed to the existence of a demon. Captured by the King of Mages the demon Marchosias granted both he and humanity his service in the hopes of returning to heaven. He did not return to heaven.” This is the history which this servant Saint Graph tells, but it is not history it is a script. A wandering soul captured by a Mysterious Individual, Marchosias was sent on a journey to gain a true love of humanity. He does not remember his name, and his memories are scattered fragments, non the less he serves as a faithful aid to humanity in the hopes of resting within Heaven.

Parameters

-Strength: D+
    -Endurance: A++
    -Agility: B
    -Mana: E
    -Luck: E
    -NP: B+

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment (Snow) B++: A unique form of Presence Concealment which is grants one ability to conceal one’s presence while in the snow. Living in a harsh environment in which snow was constant Assassin became well adept at hiding his presence within such an environment. In his true-life Assassin used this skill to hunt animals with highly attuned senses and abilities granting him this skill at A rank. This skill decreased by one rank because of the influence of the Demon whose name, and powers were attached to him. At this rank Assassin can disappear becoming difficult to find while in snow. Additionally, this rank also grants the same capacity of an unaltered Presence Concealment of C rank.

Independent Action A-: The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the magical energy supply of a master. Assassin’s true life was one of survival but was tied to others, normally decreasing this skill to rank C or even D, however it has increased to its current state due to sacrificing his life for the sake of another of his own free will. The influence of the Demon Pillar whose name and powers were gifted to him has further increased this skills rank by one. At this rank it is possible to maintain manifestation for a week even without the assistance of a master. Due to the influence of the skill Increased Metabolism this requires Assassin to maintain a high caloric diet otherwise the skill is entirely negated.

Personal Skills:

Grand Order (Rejection) A-: A skill which was once granted to the Demonic Pillars of the Ars Goetia, because of the death/destruction of this entity this skill has mutated/inverted into a form which opposes its original form. Due to its mutation/inversion this skills rank is determined by one’s aptitude toward supporting, protecting, and/or restoring the Human Order. In his true-life Assassin sacrificed himself for the sake of a human and gaining further appreciation for humanity after undergoing a journey, earning him this skill at a high rank. Hailing from a species which abandoned their humanity for the sake of survival, this skill can be unreliable occasionally decreasing in rank against specific enemies. At this rank Assassin gains a great deal of strength against enemies to humanity, the Seven Beasts, and their servants.

Increased Metabolism B: A skill both beneficial and detrimental, it increases his mana consumption, to the point that most master’s will be unable to cope. However, it also increases the amount of Mana his can gain from food and water, as well as allowing him to increase the amount he saves while resting. In his true-life Assassin’s body had a vastly increased caloric need earning him this skill at this rank. At this rank it is a requirement that Assassin consumes approximately 3000 calories a day to cope with his energy requirements, fortunately any extra calories are converted into excess mana. Additionally, this rank also allows him to heal his wounds quicker by eating or using excess mana.

Hunter in a Harsh World A+: A skill born from a servant’s skills as a hunter while living in a harsh environment. Assassins hunting skills on their own would earn him this skill at C or B rank, having better than average skill, however it has been further increased by growing up and surviving in a harsher environment than most. At this rank Assassin can effectively lay traps, and follow the tracks of animals, humans, and even other servants. These abilities are further increased while in an environment like his own.

Distance Dreams of Joy A++: A unique skill granted to a soul with a distant dream which they wish to see completed. While living in his true-life Assassin often felt lost and would subsequently sought meaning. After his death, a Mysterious Individual sent him on a journey that would manifest as a concrete dream earning him this skill. Though there is little he will not do to achieve his dream, the same journey that gave it to him also granted Assassin a sit of morals he tries his best to maintain, resulting in this skill being rank B. The script for the Demon that Assassin name and some of his powers originate from also contained a dream of its own which aligns Assassins own, further increasing this skills rank to its current rank. At this rank this skill grants Assassin the ability to stave off and even remove certain afflictions to achieve his goals. It also grants him additional strength and fortitude for the same purpose.

Noble Phantasms:

Beskonechnyye oblaka po Nebu: A Curse for Passage to Another World EX:

A Curse type Noble Phantasm which produces clouds above the sky wherever he goes, decreasing the temperature and in many cases producing snow. These clouds cannot be parted by anything less than Divine Intervention. The individual who placed this curse on Marchosias made it unbreakable by leaving a metaphorical “Lock” which can only be opened by a “Key” this key being a Noble Phantasm which Marchosias has yet to create.

Okhotnich'i ugod'ya Lozhnogo Edema: Feel the Pain of a Lost Home A+:

A Reality Marble born from Marchosias’ desire to return to heaven, it is a pale imitation of The Garden of Eden, which has been transformed into a dangerous hunting ground the demon stalks. While in this Reality Marble this demon takes on a more beastly form reflecting his depictions in various occult texts. This also massively increases his combat abilities.

???:???

Not a true Noble Phantasm but a place holder left by a Mysterious Individual. This place holder gives Marchosias the ability to develop a new Noble Phantasm. When this day happens, his true name will be revealed, and his scattered memories restored.

Craft Essence: Distant Blue of Heaven: “The sky has always been gray, lifeless, cold. Even as I journeyed, the curse of my life persisted, and the lifeless sky followed. Still, I know it to be blue, I know the sun lies beyond those clouds, I know it is waiting for me. Some day I shall see it.

Interaction with others:

Summon: “I am the fallen angle who seeks to return to heaven, my name is Marchosias. Your face, you are surprised? I see you think I am one of them, no. The words I said are a script, and my name a role, they are not the true me. With that said, I shall serve you faithfully Master.”

Anastasia: “A fallen princess of ice, you are like me, no like my story. A part of me fears you, but part of my, what is the word, empathies. I do not know how to use these emotions."

Scáthach, all versions: “Every one of my senses are telling me to run away.”

Motherly Servants: “So, warm.”

All Artorias: “I didn’t think a human could match my appetite.”

Other’s interaction with him:

Boudica: “I imagine you’ve never had Britannia cooking, right? Then I shall prepare some immediately.”

Mary Seacole: “Poor dear, you’ve been through a lot. *Hugs him* Everything will be all right dear.”

Shiro Emiya: “Amazing, I never thought I would meet another person with an appetite as vast as hers.”

Authors Notes: My first servant done in a LONG time (as of writing), I give thanks to Kamera on the Beast’s Lair forum, we never talked seeing one of their servant
    sheets that used the Ars Goetia inspired me to finish. Even the Grand Order skill was inspired by them, though changing it to Grand Order (Rejection) was mine. In case you could not tell Marchosias is supposed to be Patxi, and I’m sure there are a lot of people who don’t like that saying it “Cheapens his death” and I don’t 100% disagree with that but this is fan content, I don’t see any problem so long as I’m not malicious. I actually had a lot of different ideas for turning Patxi into a servant before this one. At first, it was just Patxi with little to no explanation, then I thought of this strange idea involving the rainbow snake, abandoned that.

Then an idea that I still really liked was that Mash became a writer after Chaldea and wrote a bunch of books framing the events of FGO as fiction, and Patxi got recorded due to the popularity of his character in one of these books. Finally, I settle on this idea somewhere done the line when I came up with a few ideas to summon the demons of the Ars Goetia despite them being died. Most of his skills are the same from my second idea with a few adjustments and added details to incorporate the Marchosias idea, which is why it doesn’t seem to take a lot from the demon. To be fair all it says is that he breaths fire, is good at fighting and wants to get back into heaven. The first and second things can be referenced in card animations and the third was referenced in his third skill and NP.

Ookay, this next sheet...yeah, Its a Brazilian one.

Wyvern, can I pm you the sheet when I finish it so you can proofread it. I kinda don't want to conflict with anything you made.

Blog Entries
    Marchosias: Very unconventional backstory and concept for a Demon God, but it's a pretty interesting take nonetheless; the demon hunter theme kinda reminds me of Daneel Rush's Barbatos sheet. As a side note, though your writing is good enough, the formatting could use some more work (damn delrey, pine, wyvern and whitefrenzy really upped the formatting standard of these threads by miles). In any case, any addition to my Demon God index is always welcome!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    Ookay, this next sheet...yeah, Its a Brazilian one.

Wyvern, can I pm you the sheet when I finish it so you can proofread it. I kinda don't want to conflict with anything you made.
    Hey there. Feel free to! Sorry I haven't been on lately. Haven't gotten the replament for my laptop, but it should be arriving this week. Barring any more issues, I should be back to being a regular here soon. Please, loyal fans, bear with it just a little while longer!

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is reminding me that I still need to get to work on my Maria Quitteria sheet.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries

"My liege, your servant, Richard Neville of the Saber class, has arrived. I hereby pledge to throw down all powers and dominions that oppose my liege... for now, at least."

Class: Saber
    True Name: Richard Neville (Darkness)
    Alternate class: Caster
    Height and Weight: 189 cm / 78 kg

Source: Historical fact
    Region: Europe
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Attribute: Man

Parameters
    Strength: B
    Constitution: D
    Agility: B+
    Magical Energy: C
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: B

He is surprisingly lax when it comes to appearances, especially his own. "The best part of having power is showing up in any way you want."

Biography
    Legend
    Richard Neville, 16th Earl of Warwick, was an English nobleman, administrator, and military commander. The eldest son of Richard Neville, 5th Earl of Salisbury, he became Earl of Warwick through marriage, and was the wealthiest and most powerful English peer of his age, with political connections that went beyond the country's borders. One of the leaders in the Wars of the Roses, originally on the Yorkist side but later switching to the Lancastrian side, he was instrumental in the deposition of two kings, which led to his epithet of "Kingmaker".

Unbeknownst to many, the Nevilles were a mage family that could trace their descent from the legendary witch Morgan le Fae. Wielding powerful sorceries they inherited from their ancestor, the gradually accrued power within their home region of northern England, becoming favorably-placed in both the Anglo-Saxon and Norman royal courts. This power reached its apex under Richard Neville, who had acquired a power base both in England (thanks to receiving the title Earl of Warwick through his marriage) and abroad (thanks to his position as Captain of the English continental possession of Calais). Incidentally, Richard and his daughter Anne (who became queen consort of King Richard III) were the closest an individual from the line of Morgan le Fae has come to possessing kingship over any part of King Arthur's original domains.

A man of many talents, Richard Neville is a Heroic Spirit who naturally qualifies for multiple classes without the need for a swimsuit or a Santa hat or a Halloween costume. In his case, the two halves of his personality can be summoned in the Saber and Caster classes, likely as a side-effect of being descended from Morgan le Fae, the legendary witch of Avalon who was said to possess three faces. The Servant Richard Neville (Darkness) who is summoned in the Saber class emphasizes his role as "one who overthrows kings".

Character
    Dislikes: People smarter than him
    Talent: Public speaking, backseat driving

Extraverted, yet passive. An eloquent, graceful figure who hides the heart of a hyena. If any one of the historical Neville's compatriots were to meet Darkness, they'd probably be more convinced of his identity compared to when meeting his Light counterpart. Compared to Light, what Darkness inherited from the original Richard Neville is his intelligence, charisma, and truculent nature.

Richard Neville believed that the things that disqualified one for the kingship could be perceived by the mind without the heart's aid; this is the foundation of Darkness's character. Bearing Neville's intellect, he conducts himself by gathering empirical data from the surroundings and using it to chart the way forward. However, due to being left with only a sliver of the original Neville's intuitive capabilities (Richard Neville (Light)'s forte), he ends up being perceived as heartless and irresolute by others. Also, because of this lack of intuition, Darkness is susceptible to being swayed towards another's point of view, cultivating the impression of "a mercenary who only lives to destroy kings".

With regard to the Holy Grail, Darkness's wish is "to find out why Richard Neville did what he did". History did not record why the Earl of Warwick went to such lengths, and Darkness by himself can barely believe in what little records exist on this matter, as well. The best he can hope for is to retrace the original's path to try and arrive at the same unwritten beginning.

Relationships
    Master
    He addresses them as "my liege" and generally conducts himself as "a guest general at court". However, make no mistake: the contract is only valid for as long as Darkness's and the Master's interests align. In the end, Richard Neville (Darkness)'s true lord is himself.

King Servants
    While Darkness tries to distance himself from such kinds of Servants whenever possible, some of them deliberately seek out his company to gain a leg up on their fellow monarchs.

Mordred
    A distant relation who splendidly rebelled against and overthrew the inhuman King Arthur. While Darkness finds the rebellion's motivation rather pedestrian, he can't find it in himself to argue with the results.

Lu Bu
    A foreign general possessing great strength and even greater lack of scruples, Darkness is naturally drawn to him. Could a collaboration with Master Chen Gong be in the cards?

Spartacus
    Although they are both rebels in a certain sense, their compatibility is the absolute worst. Spartacus sees Darkness as an "oppressor behind an oppressor", while Darkness dismisses Spartacus as a fool without ambition.
    Class Skills
    Magic Resistance: C
    Skill that grants protection against magical effects. Cancels spells with a chant below two verses, but cannot defend against magecraft on the level of greater magecraft and Greater Rituals.

Riding: B
    Skill denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill, even vehicles that did not exist in the time period one was alive in, for they are no exception. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts.

More than in mounts or vehicles, Richard Neville (Darkness)'s riding expertise lies in how effectively he rides (goes along with/manipulates) trends and eras.

Independent Action: A
    The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from one's Master; the ability that allows for action even in the absence of the Master. It is possible to take action even without a Master. However, to use Noble Phantasms of great magical energy consumption, backup from the Master is necessary. At Rank A, it is possible for a Servant to stay in the world for about a week without a Master.

Though this is normally a Skill possessed by members of the Archer class, Richard Neville (Darkness) came to possess it due to his legend as a kingmaker who largely operated outside of, and even occasionally undermined, royal authority.

Personal Skills
    Nature of a Rebellious Spirit: B++
    The temperament to never remain at one location and never embrace a lord. A wandering star that does not have the capacity to be king nor is capable of finding his own king. Negates the effects of Charisma with the same rank. The plus corrections stem from Darkness's mentality, which accurately grasps and is fixated on others' failings as a leader.

Counter-Hero: A
    A Skill that brings down the Parameters of any Hero on the occasion of dealing with them. Reduces all of the opponent's parameters by three ranks.

For Richard Neville (Darkness), this Skill is being limited to "Counter-King", but gains the A rank as a sort of compensation. In his case, it becomes something that demonstrates the "power of overthrowing an existence that has taken the title of King", not only grasping the king's mood, character, abilities, doctrine, physical condition and so forth, but also preying on the weaknesses of said king both on the personal and national level.

Golden Rule: B
    A Skill that refers to the measurement of one's fortune to acquire wealth. It becomes possible to live an upper-crust lifestyle by living off on one's riches alone, and it is unlikely that money will run out. Richard Neville's financial power from obtaining high-ranking positions became a part of his strength as much as his combat ability, which eventually allowed him to prop up and tear down kings as he saw fit. Unlike his Light counterpart, however, 100% of the profits go directly to Darkness's coffers.

Vapor Mirror: C
    The Neville family's Displacement-type magecraft that is descended from the Mirror magecraft of Morgan le Fae. Instead of transferring something from one place to another, it is a mystery that transports the past into the present using the concept of the mirror as its foundation. Darkness's rank in this Skill is lower than Light's due to being in a container not specialized in performing magecraft.

The image reflected by the mirror is microscopically delayed thanks the mechanics of light; therefore, looking into a mirror can rightly be called "looking into the past". By reaching into the mirror using magical energy, one can obtain objects, concepts, and even phenomena that existed in the past. If unsupported by the continuous application of magical energy, the displaced items can only persist for a short while in the present era, and disappear in a manner similar to those created using Gradation Air.

Although Richard's death at the battle of Barnet spelled the end of the Vapor Mirror's users, research into its mechanics eventually found its way into the hands of the Peligor family, where its concepts were incorporated into their family magecraft, Shell Projection.

Noble Phantasm
    Lordless Londinium: The Now-Anarchic Utopia
    Type: Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1-9
    Max targets: 1 person

The crystallization of Richard Neville's legend as the arbiter of English royal power, Darkness version. A "sword(s) of Damocles" created by using the Vapor Mirror to transport the concept of "overthrowing Edward IV", as well as the target's moral failings as perceived by Neville, into the present day. These are then made to coalesce in the shape of blades, which then rain down and chase relentlessly after the target. Thanks to the attribute of "being the manifestation of one's failures", targets who have greater burdens on their shoulders (king-type targets) naturally receive additional damage.

Author's Notes
    Thanks to Kamera for finding the faceclaim. Basically, Darkness is the skeptic (ie, one who doubts in the capacity of human reason absolutely) in contrast to Light's dogmatist (one who believes in the capacity of human reason absolutely). Pascal, who I've already cited as the driving force behind the Light/Darkness shenanigans earlier, dunks on both of these character types equally in the Pensees. Anyway, I'll just be finishing up The Arthurian's sheet and everything for that particular project should be ready to go.
    Last edited by Nuclear; March 14th, 2022 at 02:44 AM.

Blog Entries
    Hmph
    That degenerate craft is still alive in this era?
    How… Non-Euclidean

Faceclaim

Caster of Order

True Name: Euclid
    Sex: Male
    Height and Weight: 181 cm and 70 kg
    Wish: The destruction of Magecraft None
    Alignment: Neutral Good

The legendary scholar from Ptolemaic Egypt. He is in some sense eccentric. Euclid is an introverted and patient man but at the same time he’s arrogant and loves to show off his superiority. He’s a bookworm who likes to spend his time in the library but loves fighting in the front lines. He has a unique hatred for Magecraft and Mystery for quite shallow reasons. He hates it “on principle” whatever that means.

Strength: D
    Endurance: C
    Agility: D
    Magical Power: EX
    Luck: C
    Noble Phantasm: ?

Class Skills

Territory Creation: C
    The ability to create a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself. Caster can create a “library” based on the Library of Alexandria. Although he only uses this skill half heartedly only creating the “library” as pit stops from his fights on the frontline

Item Creation (Shapes): A
    The ability to create magical items for all uses. Due to Caster’s Noble Phantasm this skill takes on a unique quality as he can make strong magical structures that are normally costly for a regular caster. Although Caster isn’t an architect or artist if paired with a master who is this skill can reach its full potential.

Personal Skills

High Speed Incanaction: A
    The ability to speak magical incantations at high speed. Caster has wealth of knowledge he can easily spew out at a rapid pace.

Mystic Eye of Clairvoyance: C
    The blessing that Caster had in life. It helped him compile the knowledge of geometry into Euclid Elements but it also led him to contact with…..

Existence Outside the Domain: E++
    A skill that belongs to those who are the foreigners class but is majorly deranked due to Euclid being summoned in the Caster class.
    Beyond
    When faced with an entity outside of the 「World」Did the man screamed? Cried? Laughed? No this is a joke of being. Of life. This “Mystery” is just another scam by those mages. Mystery is supposed to be protected? NO Mystery is meant to be revealed even things like you

When faced with an entity outside of the 「World」. The man raged.

Noble Phantasm

The Order has been Set: Euclid Elements
    Anti - Mystery
    Range: Depends on Shape
    Maximum Target: Depends on Shape
    The 13 books that Euclid compiled about Greek geometry and math. In Magus' terms it’s like his foundation where he can do plenty of things like make structures and reduce magical energy by division.
    Euclid Elements is ingrained in Human Order so when applied to beings of Mystery he can turn them into “shapes” which follow Human Order, so things like “An individual who can lift a building” will be harder to execute as that’s not possible in the eyes of Humanity. However to turn beings of Mystery into “shapes” Caster has to get close and apply the formula onto the beings as his domain only covers simple shapes.
    Of course if the Mystery is in simple shape like a circle or a pyramid then Caster has complete domain automatically.

The Order has been Broken: Non Euclidean Geometry
    Anti - Euclidean
    Range ?
    Maximum Target: ?
    Although Caster did not create Non Euclidean Geometry he is the basis of it. Caster can break the “rules” he originally set. This Noble Phantasm can allow plenty of strange stuff like short tunnels that are actually bigger than they look. His favorite is him curvering the area surrounding him allowing something like teleportation. Like his first Noble Phantasm he can apply this law to beings of Mystery.
    Although a strange phenomenon occurs when Caster applies both Noble Phantasm at the same time. While Non Euclidean and Euclidean can co exist. It’s when they are both applied into one “shape” that things get messy. It’s a contradiction in the eyes of the World which would try to correct it by erasing the contradiction like Projection fading away.

Blog Entries
    Richard Neville: Now that both versions are out, I must say I really like their thematic and philosophical contrast with each other. His parallel with Morgan and use of her magecraft is also pretty interesting. Also, damn this makes me want to do similar Light/Dark servants.

Euclid: Pretty interesting concept and mechanic, especially the first NP. I kinda wish you explored more of his seething against mystery though. Still, despite being on the sparse side, it's pretty solid.

Also, since you touched the Non-Euclidean Lovecraft meme, it reminds me of my concept of Foreigner Euclid in which since modern science has proved that the universe is technically "Non-Euclidean", that makes the "Euclidean" reality technically an alien world, or something along these lines.

- - - Updated - - -

also just noticed that both of these sheets' FCs are my recommendations from the Faceclaim thread, i'm kinda touched lol
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rider

"In my heart I don't believe that one man intentionally sets out to harm another. So why did I betray everyone until I was all alone? It can't be helped...it's in my nature."

True Name: Witege
    AKA: Wittich, Wudga, Vidrik Verlandsson
    Epithet: "The Knight of Treachery"
    Region: Germanic Mythology (c. 5th Century)
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Dislikes: Dwarfs, Traitors
    Talents: Equestrianism, Swimming
    Natural Enemy: Dietrich von Bern

Parameters
    STR: (B) END: (B) AGI: (C) MGI: (C) LCK: (D) NP: (A)

Character
    Rider takes the form of Witege, one of the heroes of the brotherhood of Dietrich von Bern...and also one of his greatest enemies.

As one of the commanding generals of the knights of King Ermenrich, Witege is a proud if arrogant warrior and has no shame in flaunting his martial prowess against the opposing Servants. Though he was respected in life for his achievements, even his fellow knights under Ermenrich did not like Witege for his violent and often cruel methods of conquering their enemies. Paradoxically despite his reputation as the "Knight of Treachery" caused by betraying Dietrich, loyalty is of the upmost importance to Witege. He despises his epithet and insists it was Dietrich's fault for sending him to work for the opposing side and points to the fact that from start to finish, he faithfully carried out every order the King gave him, even when it came to slaughtering innocent women and children. Of course where there's smoke there's fire and Witege is forced to admit that whilst unintentional, his actions only served to hurt those around him, from fighting against Dietrich, to not intervening to stop the assassination of Ermenrich - even down to his own wife when he had an affair with Heime. Therefore Witege became full of self-loathing in his final days as he saw himself as a villain who betrayed others and thus will do anything to atone and sees the Holy Grail War as the perfect opportunity to regain his glory days by faithfully serving a new Master and bringing them victory. Naturally it will not take much prodding by his Master to discover that Witege's egotistical and bigoted behaviour is a projected façade meant to alienate others so that they do not become friends with him. It is exactly because of his need to prove his loyalty that will pave the way to disaster if Witege is summoned by a wicked Master. Although he would never do anything to betray his sworn liege, Witege is perfectly willing to endure humiliation and even self-destruction if it means ensuring the ideal scenario comes to pass, as was the case in life with his final battle against Dietrich...

When it comes to fighting in a Holy Grail War, Witege is a rather orthodox combatant who acts like a glacier in that he hits real hard when swinging his sword but is relatively slow due to his bulk and also lacks any kind of projectile (beyond throwing anything he picks up) and so it is the task of his faithful steed Schimming to make up for that by transporting him swiftfully around the battlefield to keep up with the more agile Servants like Lancer or ranged ones like Archer. But perhaps the most dangerous aspect to Witege is what lengths he is willing to go to when backed into a corner. In his desire to bring victory to his Master, Witege is willing to stain his honour and preform unthinkable acts if he cannot defeat an opponent through normal means, such as pre-emptive strikes, attacking from blind spots or even taking the opposing Master hostage.

His wish upon the Grail? Although he would love nothing more than to make it up to his sworn-brothers, Witege feels they would not accept anything less than his death and so he would use the power of the Grail to metaphorically atone with his life by going back in time and convincing his twelve year old self not to leave home to seek adventure and knighthood but instead take over the family business and live as a humble blacksmith who won't harm anyone.

Skills

Class Skills

Magic Resistance - (C)
    The protection granted against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. As a Knight from the age of swords and sorcery, Witege has a decent immunity to magical effects even if he does not use them himself. He will naturally cancel out spells with a chant below two verses, but it will not work on anything on the level of greater Magecraft or Great Rituals.

Riding - (B)
    A Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding. As a Knight, Witege has a bevy of experience when it comes to riding mounts, in particular horses. He can handle most vehicles and animals with above average skill, even vehicles that did not exist in the time period he was alive in, for they are no exception. However, he cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills

Blessing of the Sea-Witch - (B)
    The protection granted from a certain mermaid onto her favourite foolish descendant. Witege was told by his father that his natural inclination towards loving the sea comes from the fact that their hallowed ancestor was the mermaid Wachilt and that she would always watch over her children no matter how much time passes. As a result, Witege has the ability to breath underwater and can move about submerged almost as easily as if he were on land. In addition, he also gains a Plus Modifier to his Magic Resistance if he is faced with magical effects generated from Nature Spirits.

Dishonourable Tactics - (C)
    A battle methodology in which one grasps the flow of battle and induces the opponent to make a mistake, even without being a match for him/her in strength - a Skill not for self-strengthening, but to invite a check failure for the opponent. Once he realised he had pledged loyalty to an evil king, it dawned on Witege that he was expected to win at all cost and any amount of dishonour could be washed away with results. By maintaining a composed observation of the opponent throughout the battle, Witege can use strategies like feints or attacking from blind spots to exploit flaws in their fighting style in order to force them to miscalculate their next move and generate a momentary window to seize victory.

Monstrous Strength - (B)
    A Skill that temporarily grants a Rank-up to one's Strength Parameter for a time limit determined by the ranking of this Skill. As the grandson of the Jötunn Vaði, the inhuman blood flowing through Witege's veins allows him to preform incredible feats of strength that was key to his slaying of various monstrous beasts such as Giants or to keep up with superhuman warriors like Dietrich. The power up will only last for three Turns before the Skill is reset and will need time to charge back up. However if the situation is dire enough, Witege can Push the Skill to forcibly keep it activated, but doing so will cause him to take damage in increases of 10% of his Hit Points each Turn as his human body starts to weaken from the strain of such tremendous power.

Noble Phantasm

Schimming
    White Stallion of the Ostrogoths

[Type: Anti-Unit], [Rank: D], [Maximum Range: 800 Metres], [Maximum Number of Targets: 2-3]

One of the finest horses of the age, given to Witege by Dietrich and serves as a painful reminder of the friendship the two once had.

By putting his fingers in his mouth and giving a shrill whistle, the white stallion bursts out of the wind to serve its master once more. A powerful horse that can run lightning fast despite carrying the bulk of Witege on his back. This steed is the prize possession of Witege as it represents the happier days when he used to serve Dietrich and was gifted the horse as proof of their friendship. Although he lacks any special powers of his own, Schimming knows his role is just to transport Witege across the battlefield as fast as possible and the bond between steed and master is strong to the point that he obeys every command Witege gives no matter how ridiculous such as when they were being chased by Dietrich and Witege told Schimming to jump off the cliff into the ocean. Although of course he expects to be rewarded with plenty of apples or alfalfa after every stupid plan Witege comes up with.

----

Mimung
    Dark Sword of the Ultimate Blacksmith

[Type: Anti-Unit], [Rank: A], [Maximum Range: 3 Metres], [Maximum Number of Targets: 1-2]

The legendary sword created by Witege's father, Wayland the Smith. An ornate Western broadsword with ill-boding patterns woven into the blade and an intricate serpant design emblazoned into the ricasso, it is certainly a fearsome weapon to be staring down. When challenged to prove his worth as a blacksmith, Wayland forged Mimung immediately and after setting it in the middle of a river, a piece of driftwood floated into it and was cleanly sliced in two with the sword not budging an inch. But although the King was pleased with the result, Wayland was not satisfied and so broke down the sword and reforged it again and again, each time removing any impurities and increasing the hardness and sharpness of the sword until it was perfect. The end result was a blade of mystic properties that was so sharp it could even cut through the supposedly invincible Armour of Fafnir possessed by Siegfried.

Now in the hands of Witege it is his treasured heirloom that saw him through many battles and continues to do so as a Servant for it a powerful Noble Phantasm that is both incredibly durable and sharp. Unbeknownst to the average human eye, there is a subtle aura flowing over the blade that belies the true power. When the sword hits an object that it cannot normally cut, the aura starts abrading against the object not unlike that of a chainsaw as it forcibly tries to impart the Concept of "can be cut" onto the object until it succeeds or else the sword breaks contact with the object. It was through this capacity that Mimung was able to cut the flesh of Siegfried among other creatures like Giants and Dragons.

Lore
    Born of the unholy union of Wayland of Zealand and Princess Böðvildr of Jutland, Witege was perhaps doomed from the start to be a villain. At the age of twelve, the young Witege decided he didn't want to be a smith like his father and instead become a warrior. Donning his father's sword and armour, Witege sought out the famous warrior Dietrich von Bern to test his strength but ended up running into Dietrich's mentor Hildebrand instead. Although he mistook Witege for a dwarf at first, Hildebrand grew to like the boy and agreed to take him on as a sworn-brother. However, to test the boy's potential Hildebrand had secretly switched Wigete's mystic sword Mimung with a plain one. Despite the deception, Witege preformed well in swordsmanship as the pair travelled together defeating crooks. Eventually they reached the court of Bern and as soon as Witege met Dietrich, he challenged the Prince to a duel. Hildebrand tried to step in and mediate but Dietrich eagerly accepted the challenge. At first the warriors were evenly matched but eventually Witege's fake sword shattered against the prince's. The match should have been over but Dietrich insisted on fighting to the death so Hildebrand was forced to throw the real Mimung to Witege who then gained the upper hand when he sliced off both Dietrich's shield and helmet. It was then that Hildebrand had enough and stepped in to call off the duel and Witege acquiesced in deference to their friendship.

From then on Witege became a loyal vassal of Prince Dietrich and they went on many adventures together, from running amok in the Kingdom of Dwarfs, to having to escape the captivity of Giants and even cutting down fierce dragons. One particularly notable episode was when the Burgundian Princess Kriemhild invited the warriors of Bern to Worms for a tournament against the might of her fiancée Siegfried and companions. Witege is pitted against the Giant Asprian and he is initially unwilling to fight such a disproportionately sized enemy until Dietrich bribes him by promising to give Witege his best horse, Schimming if he won, to which Witege came out victorious even if battered and bruised. Witege returned the favour by lending Dietrich the mystic sword Mimung which was so sharp it could cut through Siegfried's supposedly impentrable Armour of Fafnir. Afterwards and as a further reward, Dietrich arranged for the marriage of Witege to the recently widowed noblewoman Bolfriana, but in hindsight this was the first step to tragedy as this transferred Witege from being a vassal of Dietrich to serving under the wicked King Ermenrich.

It wasn't long before Ermenrich had enough of Dietrich's fame and plotted to take over the Kingdom of Bern once Dietrich's father had passed away. When the time came, Dietrich was away fighting King Osantrix on behalf of Altera the Hun, so he was delayed in returning to Bern and it was up his vassals such as Hildebrand to resist the invasion by Ermenrich's forces. But to their surprise they were ambushed by Witege and his men who captured them and held them for ransom, they would only be released if Dietrich swore never to return to Bern. Dietrich reluctantly agrees and begins his long exile in the safety of Altera's court. But Dietrich would not give up his birth right so easily and borrowing an army from Altera, he besieges Ravenna where Ermenrich was stationed. The battle was long and fierce and Witege was still very conflicted over whether he had made the right choice to honour his loyalty to his lord above that of his sworn-brothers. The die was ultimately cast when Witege saw his best friend Heime being defeated by Alphart - Hildebrand's nephew and Dietrich's loyal vassal. In order to save his friend from being executed, Witege does the unthinkable and stabs Alphart from behind, killing him. Nevertheless the battle was a lost cause and Ermenrich abandoned Ravenna to flee to Bologna, with Witege and others left stranded to be captured by Dietrich who was furious over the death of Alphart.

But on the advice of his vassals, Dietrich decided to forgive Witege and left him unchained in Ravenna whilst he returned to Hunland to regroup his forces and plan an attack on Bologna. As Witege reflected on his choices up until this point, Heime appeared and alerted him that King Ermenrich had sent some reinforcements that were approaching the city. Together the duo discreetly slipped out and rode off to meet them. Witege told them the defences were presently weak and they could take back the city with little bloodshed, but to his shock the soldiers relayed the message from the King that he doesn't care for the people of the city since they refused to betray Dietrich and now Witege was to slaughter all inhabitants. After the meeting had ended, Heime asked Witege what they were going to do and with a heavy heart Witege responded that a vow of loyalty cannot easily be broken and so if Ermenrich wants him to be a demon, so be it. Soon the city of Ravenna fell and Dietrich flew as fast as he could back to it as soon as he heard of the attack but by the time he arrived it was too late and blood flowed freely through the streets. Scanning the surroundings, Dietrich quickly spotted Witege on a nearby hill and a chase ensued. Their horses galloped through the plains and into the forest with their riders clashing swords in a flurry of metal and sparks. Witege begged his former friend not to continue fighting as he didn't want to harm him, but Dietrich couldn't hear a thing - with bloodshot eyes and fire spewing out of his mouth, Dietrich resembled an infernal beast rather than a human and he continued to attack in a berserk frenzy. Eventually they came to a clearing along the coast and were heading straight towards the cliff's edge but neither rider let up on their sword swings. Seeing that Dietrich wasn't paying attention to his surroundings, Witege let out a mighty roar: "Wake up Prince of Bern, your people need their rightful ruler!" Hearing this, Dietrich blinked and came to his senses and reigned his horse in to stop just in time...but Witege carried on and he flew straight over the cliff alongside his horse. Dietrich ran to peer over the edge only to see the falling Witege put his fingers in his mouth to call a shrill whistle and the gentle waves of the ocean suddenly started to swirl and spiral before launching up towards Witege and a pair of hands shot out from the water typhoon, grabbing him and carrying him under. Even with only a glimpse, Dietrich recognised the form as belonging to that of a mermaid. As he was being carried under the water, Witege said it was an honour to meet his ancestor Wachilt at last, but the mermaid sternly scolded her mortal great-grandchild and said that in his berserk state Dietrich could have been beaten but now that he is lucid again, Witege will never again get a chance to win against him. But Witege merely let out a hollow chuckle and said that some things just have to be done.

Returning to King Ermenrich in Bologna, Witege was hailed as a hero but he felt empty inside and would often not return to his wife Bolfriana at the end of the day and would instead either stay out drinking or spent the night with Heime. Eventually the time came to face off against Dietrich once again and Ermenrich's chief advisor Sibeche suggested having a battle at Gronsport on the Mosel river. Witege sensed that something was off about the "advice" Sibeche was giving but chose not to say anything. The battle was a fierce one and Witege found himself clashing against Duke Nudung and his men but they were ultimately no match and fell one by one against him. Soon the only warrior left standing was Diether - Dietrich's very own younger brother. Witege offered to look the other way as Diether runs away, but the young man stood firm saying he is not a coward like Witege who stabs others in the back, and would rather die with honour. Seeing no way out of a fight, Witege readied his sword and the two fought bravely but the young Diether saw his strongest blow bounce off of Witege's mighty armour and kill the horse Schimming instead, with the return strike from Witege cutting the boy down. It was then that Dietrich arrived to see his little brother slain and the killer splattered with his blood. No words were needed as Dietrich drew his sword and Witege hopped onto Diether's horse and the pair began their chase once again. Same as before, Witege was not blindly fleeing but rather following the fastest route towards the nearby lake whose mouth opens out onto the sea, all the while avoiding Dietrich's sword. But just as the lake was coming into view, Witege realised that Dietrich had disappeared and was no longer running parallel alongside him. Suddenly a sharp pain pierced through his back and as he glanced over his shoulder, Witege saw that he had been struck by a spear. Turning around he had time to see Dietrich some way behind, who must have been shadowing him and threw it at the moment Witege let his guard down. Using the last of his strength, Witege looked Dietrich in the eyes and saw not the blinded fury of last time but rather a cold determination to destroy his enemies and end the bloodshed. As he fell backwards into the watery depths, Witege spent his final moments thinking that being stabbed in the back was a fitting end for such a villain and things should turn out alright for his old friend, now he has the will to see things through...

Relationships
    Altera - "Like ships in the night, you certainly were a thorn in our side despite never facing us directly."

Artoria - "I hear you have a dragon factor or whatever. So does that mean you breath fire when angry like he did?"

Beowulf - "Mmm. Such spectacular armour. As expected of my father's handiwork~"

Merlin - "Why are you swinging around Excalibur...what happened to the sword my father made!?"

Mordred - "So you too are a fellow Judas? Yet somehow I sense we couldn't be further different."

Romulus - "What is it about Rome that would make someone like Odoacer betray their homeland to join the Empire, I wonder?"

Senji Muramasa - "I heard that katanas are supposedly folded a thousand times to create the ultimate blade. I doubt my father would create anything lesser so let's have a contest shall we?"

Siegfried - "Had I known the chain of events that occurred because of your death, I might have joined the others at Altera's castle instead of staying with Ermenrich."

Sigurd - "Sieg...no wait. You don't look anything like him, so why did that come out of my mouth?"

Creator's Notes
    Something of the Mordred of Dietrich's Round Table, thus the immediate image in mind I had for the character was the Russian Fable, "The Scorpion and the Frog" with Witege being the scorpion and Dietrich being the frog.

The Faceclaim is Sycras Diutte from the SRPG, "Triangle Strategy"...I have a feeling I will be drawing from this well quite a lot when it comes to adapting the characters of the Dietrich Cycle.
    Last edited by Skull; March 23rd, 2023 at 12:18 PM.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rider of Andlau
    -- Love Touches All Things --

"Greetings, Master. A pleasure to make your acquaintance. I am Servant Rider, True Name Richardis. Well, Saint Richardis, actually, if your history books are anything to go by. I was also a Queen once, or was it Empress..? Ah, this is getting confusing. Just call me whatever you like. Regardless of whatever title I may bear, my mission remains the same. Now, would you accompany me on my next journey?"

Source

"Hey, can I let you in on a little secret? I'm nowhere as selfless or altruistic as my title would lead you to believe. Ah, it's not that I regret being called a Saint or anything like that! If my title could save more people, directly or otherwise, then I wouldn't throw it away for anything. I also have no regrets about dedicating my life to the Lord. It's just that... even now, there's still something else I have to do, not as a Saint or a Queen, but simply as Richardis. If this selfish wish of mine can be granted... maybe I'll finally be able to make peace with myself."

Class: Rider
    Other Classes: Ruler, Caster, Lover

True Name: Saint Richardis
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Origin: France (9th century)

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: B
    AGI: C
    MGI: B
    LCK: A
    NP: C

Likes: Helping others, her husband, animals (especially bears)
    Dislikes: Those who consider themselves or others to be "beyond redemption"
    Talent: Taking care of animals, displaying love, reaching out to otherd
    Natural Enemy: Charles the Fat
    Armament: Bears, magecraft
    Catalyst: A half-burnt plank of wood used during her trial

Class Skills
    Riding (C+)

A Class Skill denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. One can flawlessly manage beasts and vehicles if they have received the proper training and adjustments. Most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts. Rider is adept at handling most animals due to her Animal Communication Skill. Due to her past experiences, she's especially fond of bears.

"Are you surprised to see a dainty young woman like myself riding a bear? Well, don't be! As with many things, they're actually not so scary once you get to know them. Just keep an open mind, have the necessary safety equipment at the ready (not that I ever needed it myself back then), respect their personal space, and... be prepared to play dead just in case things go south. Yes, if you keep these things in mind, in time, you too can have your own adorable animal companion!"

Magic Resistance (EX)

Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Rider demonstrates high Magic Resistance due to her unwavering piety as a Saint. However, since it is just averting (evading) the magecraft, only Rider herself will be saved against a wide-range magic attack. Furthermore, she is still relatively unprotected from Church sacraments.

"It may be presumptuous of me to assume, but I do believe that the Lord had accompanied me even in my worst days. From that time Charlie forced me to prove my innocence before the flames, to my later days in that abbey. It's only natural for me to pass along that very same kindness to others now that I have the chance. That said, I knew a certain man who needed that kindness more than anyone else back then. Perhaps if I could meet him one more time now..."

Personal Skills
    Saint (C)

Indicates one who is acknowledged as a Saint by the Roman Catholic Church. Increases the effectiveness of sacraments and grants her a minor healing factor. Repudiated by her husband, Rider later became a Christian icon of devotion and just rule. She was canonized in 1049 by Pope Leo IX. She is considered a patron saint of Andlau, and of protection against fires.

"A Saint, huh... It still feels surreal to hear it now. That said, why am I not a Ruler, you ask? Well, it wouldn't be too surprising if there's another version of me somewhere in all my saintliness that could be summoned as one. However, the me as I am now... is far from impartial. I still have one more selfish wish to fulfill. Of course, I'll still offer my love to anyone in need of it, but there's a certain someone I wanted to save more than anyone else. That was my promise then, and it hasn't changed even now."

Protection from Fire (A)

There are different accounts on how Rider managed to survive her trial by fire after her husband falsely accused her of adultery. According to some, a heavy downpour suddenly fell just before the flames touched her. Others believed that the flames miraculously avoided her, or that they touched her without inflicting any damage. Whatever the case, Rider cannot be harmed by fire. Should she walk into a flaming battlefield, rain will fall. Fire-based projectiles would sputter and burn out before they can touch her. Worst-case scenario, even if she were to touch fire directly, it would just graze her skin harmlessly. She is able to confer the same protection to a small group of people, albeit at one rank lower.

"Despite what that man may tell you, there's nothing inherently evil or terrifying about fires. The same is true for almost any kind of weapon, honestly. How weak or powerful a weapon is entirely depends on the wielder's heart. While the heart cannot be easily destroyed compared to swords or spears, the good news is that it can always be changed. It's never too late, and so long as the Lord allows it, I will dedicate this second life of my mine to save even more people, just like how He saved me."

Animal Communication (C+)

The ability to communicate with animals who don't speak a "language of words". Since the intellect of these animals are not improved, more complex nuances cannot be conveyed. According to legend, after leaving the imperial palace, Rider wandered into the forest alone. There, she was visited by an angel who ordered her to found a convent in a certain spot, which a bear would indicate to her. A few days later, she found a female bear grieving over her cub, who was severely injured by predators. As Rider touched the cub, all of its injuries were healed. After working this miracle, the two bears remained devoted to her for the rest of their lives. Rider would go on to found Andlau Abbey there. Furthermore, bears had long inhabited the area, and it was said that the nuns there kept them as pets, and that Rider herself frequently explored the forest to rescue any ill or injured bears herself.

"Actually, this Skill isn't limited to bears, though it has a bit of increased effectiveness when used on them. And it's not like I speak bear-nese or anything like that. Rather, I found it; the universal language, love. All creatures- from the tiniest of insects to the mightiest of beasts- respond to love, even more so when they are hurt. Thus, they're all not so different from bears in that regard. Even if our words may differ, the heart still connects us all. Anyway, speaking of bears... just what was that angel thinking!? When she said a bear would point out a location, I thought they'd adorably waddle over to my side and use their paws to mark the ground or something like that! I didn't expect a dying bear cub to be used as an 'X marks the spot' sign, darn it! Just... what the heck!?"

Noble Phantasm(s)
    Protectors of the Hidden Abbey
    Gardiens d'Andlau

"I see... I'd hate to call them here just to partake in more bloodshed, but I suppose there's no other choice but to end this swiftly. Come forth, dear friends; Gardiens d'Andlau."

Range: -
    Max Targets: -

The two brown bears she rescued before she found an abbey in Andlau. Even before Rider built that abbey, bears were known to reside the area. Intentionally or not, Rider introduced the custom of nuns caring for bears and tending to their injuries. This custom outlived her for centuries to come, and even as the abbey gradually evolved into a bustling community, bears were still frequently seen as protectors of the area. The nuns allowed free board and passage to passing bear-keepers, while locals frequently offered meat and fishes to wild bears to honor their patron saint. It was a miracle; a village where man and bear lived in complete harmony for centuries.

Straightforwardly enough, this Noble Phantasm allows Rider to summon her companions as mounts or combatants. Strengthened by the countless bears who served as protectors of Andlau, the two are on the level of low-ranking phantasmal beasts, as they now represent the might of Andlau as a whole rather than the two specific bears who helped its founding. Furthermore, as the bears are so closely intertwined to Rider's legend, and how she is regarded as a patron saint of Andlau, the two are stored inside her Saint Graph, meaning that with enough mana, she can resummon them at will (although she dislikes doing it too often, preferring to give them "a chance to rest" whenever they are defeated).

Outside of battle, Rider mostly uses them to help her with menial tasks.

An Embrace Through the Scorching Flames
    L'epreuve du Feu

"I... will always be here. Even as times change, as I walk across the flames, in this life or the next... Come what may, I will always be here, tirelessly praying, fighting for a chance so that your soul, the man I once knew, will once again shine through the darkness. This is my promise; L'epreuve du Feu!"

Type: Anti-Mind
    Range: -
    Max Targets: 1 person

Fire was commonly seen as an icon of madness during the reign of King Charles the Fat. As a boy, the King was burnt repeatedly as part of a "cleansing ritual" following what was believed to be a case of demonic possession. As he grew up, the King came to associate fire with fear, and frequently used it to keep his people in line, or simply for his own amusement whenever he succumbed to fits of madness. The bodies of his enemies were burnt to ashes, while those who dared to speak up against him were publicly burnt at stakes as a warning. All this culminated in an incident where he accused his wife of adultery, sentencing her to a trial by fire... only for said fire to be extinguished at the last minute through divine intervention. Unable to indict her on any other charges, he divorced her and sent her away.

Still, the fact that these flames were extinguished by her presence must mean that her voice really did manage to reach him, if just for a brief moment. A single woman's devotion that proved powerful enough to pierce through the dark fog that plagued the mad King's mind for an entire lifetime. That is the essence of this Noble Phantasm; the ability to momentarily touch one's soul regardless of whatever darkness it may contain.

Upon its activation, a bounded field is manifested, enveloping Rider and her target. There, anything perceived as "darkness that prevents one's soul from shining through" is automatically purged. This includes most mental interference effects from opposing Noble Phantasms or Skills such as Madness Enhancement, Innocent Monster, Mental Disorder, or Delusion Trigger, no matter how deeply ingrained they are within the target. That said, this Noble Phantasm is distinctly different from brainwashing or mind control; Rider cannot magically alter the target's alignment or change their thoughts through its power alone. For example, if a target is completely dedicated to performing an evil act from the bottom of their heart, Rider cannot use this to instantly convince them otherwise. Rather, this Noble Phantasm simply creates an opportunity where the target's true nature will shine through no matter what. Before the saint, there are no lies, no demonic or foreign influence, and no mental affliction of any kind. No matter whatever tragic or horrifying circumstances one had experienced in the past, the saint would embrace them as no one else but themselves... and in some cases, maybe a single embrace is enough.

Lore
    Richardis (840-895) was a Holy Roman Empress, Queen of Francia, and wife to King Charles the Fat. In her later years, she founded Andlau Abbey and became its first abbess.

Richardis was born in Alsace, Eastern Francia as part of the noble Ahalolfinger family. She married Charles in 862 and was crowned with him in Rome by Pope John VIII. An educated woman, she ruled wisely alongside her husband, at times even influencing his decisions. However, a certain darkness loomed over their relationship, threatening not just their matrimony, but her very life.

Charles' reign was marked by internal and external strife. Viking raiders gradually established their foothold on the northern coasts of Francia. Having plundered farms and small villages along the coast, they finally set their sights on towns and cities deeper in the mainland. Each failure to defend these settlements inflicted a serious blow to Charles' perceived capabilities as King. Noble houses increasingly scrutinized his actions and withdrew their support, while the common people found themselves displaced and impoverished following the viking attacks. All this gave way into what the Queen may have considered the largest problem of all; a "demon" whispering into her husband's ears. From childhood, Charles occasionally experienced several instances of "demonic possession", which modern experts attribute to possible mental and physical afflictions such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and/or epilepsy. While it was thought that the "demon" had been successfully cleansed or pacified through certain rituals performed during his childhood, it appeared that the stress of ruling over the kingdom had caused them to return. The fits of madness grew more frequent, turning the supposedly just and pious ruler into a delusional, mentally unstable madman during those instances. This only placed him further under scrutiny, as his ministers continued to doubt his capability to rule. During these times, Richardis stood by her husband's side. Whenever the King was too unwell to perform his duties, she ruled in his stead, albeit less than successfully. In private, she tried every treatment possible in hopes of lifting Charles' affliction. She consoled him in his darkest moments, and while her efforts did manage to bring the King back to his senses a number of times, the root cause was still untreated, and it was only a matter of time before it would all come crashing down.

Things finally came to a head in 887. In his madness, Charles was convinced that his archchancellor, Liutward was attempting to undermine him, and that his wife was involved in an affair with the archchancellor. He cited that his marriage was unconsummated, and that Richardis had failed to provide him with a legitimate heir. He demanded a divorce to the Catholic Church, and when the Queen protested this decision, she was put to a trial by fire to prove her innocence.

...Through some miracle, she passed that trial successfully. She was tied to a wooden stake, barefoot, and wearing a shirt covered in wax, but by some miracle, somehow, the flames could not touch her. Charles was baffled by this turn of events, while the people cheered for her. This only aggravated the negative sentiments towards the King. Believing that God had proven his wife's innocence and would not let him kill her, the King simply exiled her indefinitely from the palace.

Richardis spent the next several weeks roaming aimlessly in the forest. After Charles' decision, the royal family would not accept her, and it's doubtful that her own family would be too pleased to hear about what happened. Thus, she turned to prayer to ask what the Lord held in store for her next. Then her prayers were answered. An angel came to her in a dream and ordered her to build an abbey in the middle of the forest. A bear marked the designated spot, and upon it, Andlau Abbey was built. Richardis spent the rest of her life there as its first abbess. Overtime, Andlau grew from a single solitary abbey hidden in the forest into a lively community of nuns, travelers, and settlers.

Description
    "Do you know the saying 'the Lord's only hands in this world are our own'? I believe that's what I've been doing so far. and it brings me joy knowing that thanks to Him, these hands could help even more people, no matter how small. Ah, that's not to say I treat myself solely as a servant of God, mind you. I still have my own wishes and long-term plans to fulfill, but you can't deny that it feels good to share your kindness with the world."

Dislikes:
    "I wouldn't say 'dislike' specifically, but I do think it's rather troublesome when someone insists that they're beyond redemption, or that they don't deserve love, kindness, and whatnot. Despite my title, I'm not the kind of miracle worker who could instantly heal one's heart just like that. Change comes from within, and while I can accompany you along the way, it's almost impossible to help someone who doesn't want to help themselves. That said, please remember; it's never too late, and even the most terrible of beasts are still worthy of love. All they have to do is take that first step."

Wish for the Grail:
    "Just as I thought, even now, I can't bring myself to let that wish go. There's a certain promise I made during my lifetime that remains unfulfilled to this day. Well, I called it a promise, while he called it a curse I forced upon myself, but that's just pedantry. I would ask for a redo. One more chance to save Charles from that so-called 'demon'. If I couldn't do that myself, then I'd at least wish for him to find the help he needed, with or without me by his side."

A woman in love. More specifically, a woman in love with love. Even more specifically, a woman in love with the idea of giving love. A gentle, soft-spoken mother figure who is physically and psychologically incapable of swearing. Rider is the type of person who always sees the best in others, no matter how much they deny it. Befitting of a saint, she displays compassion towards all living creatures, which in turn makes her easily approachable to animals.

Rider holds an almost compulsive desire to help others. Despite her status, she believes that divine intervention and world-changing miracles aren't always necessary for the sake of helping others. Rather, she believes in her capacity as a human to be there for others. From there onwards, she could accompany them through their darkest days, and God willing, save them from whatever darkness is eating away at them. The type to show compassion even towards enemies, she understands that her way of thinking may be naive; not everyone can be "saved" in that manner. Many don't even consider themselves worthy or in need of saving in the first place. Even so, so long as she could hear the slightest cry for help from one's heart, no matter how much they try to conceal it... she will be there.

Relationships
    Regarding Charles the Fat:
    "My feelings towards Charles? Umm... would it be a sin to say that I'm not entirely sure myself? Ah, I mean, I love him. That part is clear. It's just that... how much of that love is the genuine romantic type- the kind of feeling that a wife should hold towards her husband- and how much of that love is born of my desire to save him, which I then conflated with romantic love... it's that part I'm not sure of."

Kama:
    "A god of love, huh... I can't say I fully know the things you've been through, but forcing your love towards the entire world is not the way to go either. I have those moments myself sometimes; that desire to free everyone from their suffering. However, it's not up to us to make that decision. At most, all we can do is accept them when they reach out, then hope for the best."

Sessyoin Kiara:
    "A... therapist? I see, so that's a relatively new profession in this era! If only it had existed during my time, maybe Charles could be one step closer to a full recovery... Ahem, that said, this ominous presence... I didn't know the exact specifics back then, and even now I'm still piecing things together, but by any chance, could you also be..?"

Tokugawa Iemitsu:
    "You're not so different from my husband. Changing yourselves for the sake of meeting others' expectations... Now, I don't think change is necessarily a bad thing. However, I believe that what the two of you really needed was something else entirely; you had to see that you're still worthy of love even with no change. It's not too late, the world can still accept you just the way you are."

Franz Kafka, Osamu Dazai:
    "What does it mean to be human, you ask? Ahaha, I don't think a humble abbess like myself can answer such a question. I simply made it my life's work to help others the best I can, one day at a time. Whether you end up leaving a mark on the world, or finding your own sense of purpose along the way... I think that's something you'll only be able to see at the very end of your path, so I don't think there's any need to overthink it."

Reynard the Fox and Isengrim the Wolf:
    "A tale that stemmed from the people's hatred. Two animals locked in everlasting conflict... how sad. This may be of little comfort after the centuries you've spent fighting, but allow me to carry you in my prayers tonight. May you find a peaceful end to your tale."

Charlemagne:
    "I-Is that really him!? The great Charlemagne himself!? As a girl, my mother used to tell me stories of your adventures every night before bedtime! And is that the legendary sword Joyeuse!? Wow, it's just as brilliant as the tales described it! Charles... he did show me the sword once. He displayed it in his room, but it's lost much of its splendor by then. To see the real thing now... it's unreal."

Karl der Große:
    "I see, so that one was rooted in legends, while this one in history. So you're Charles' great grandfather... You're as impressive as they say; a true holy knight who strove for eternal, universal peace in the name of the Lord. The people compared him to you, you know? I think whether he'd like to admit it or not, with or without that 'demon' influencing his mind, he's always looked up to you. This is another selfish request from me, but if by any chance Charles is summoned here, would you talk to him? Who knows, maybe you'd be able to teach him some things I couldn't."

Charlot:
    "Wha... um, this feels rather strange. Do I call you 'uncle or 'grandfather'? I consider myself decently-learned during my time in the palace, but I didn't think my husband's family tree could throw me in for a loop now!"

Odo, Count of Paris:
    "So you're the one who ended up succeeding Charles following his deposition... Those years were certainly a tragedy for him, alone and despised by his own people. Maybe I shouldn't have left. Anyway, I can see that you are a just and honorable man who only wanted what he thought was best for the people, so I won't begrudge you for your actions. However, I only ask you to do the same in return. Please do not begrudge him in this second life. Let your hatred end after the first."

Bond CE

"What the... What have I done..?"
    "What you thought was necessary, mistaken as you were. I've proven my innocence, just as you asked me to. Now, maybe we can finally-"
    "Leave."
    "...What?"
    "You heard me. There's nothing else to talk about. This hopeless marriage of ours is over. Not that it had any chance of working out from the very beginning."
    "No, but... it's not over yet! I can't just leave you here while you're suffering! Not while there's still so many things I could do! Please, just give me a little while longer!"
    "Haven't you been paying attention to what's been happening in the last few hours!? I ALMOST KILLED YOU, WOMAN! THAT'S NOT SOMETHING YOU CAN SHRUG OFF JUST LIKE THAT! This whole time, you were wrong. There's no saving someone like me."
    "...You're wrong. You've gotten even worse at lying. How can I believe those words when it's clearly written on your face that even you don't believe in any of it!?"
    "I... ugh, please, just- Don't make it any harder than it already is! It's not about what I believe! It's about you! Think of your own safety for once, dammit! As Queen, despite all your wisdom, you're naive, preachy, and excessively annoying, but... you're still the greatest thing that ever happened to me! Don't make me do this! Who knows what that accursed demon could make me do next! I- Maybe I won't even be able to blame it next time! Every single day, I feel it creeping closer. It's just a matter of time before it would completely overtake my mind. In a few months... no, maybe a few weeks at most... I doubt I'd even be the same person you know."
    "Very well, I'll do as you wish. As much as it pains me, I'll leave."
    "But I'll be back."
    "WHAT!?"
    "I... I don't know when or how yet. Maybe it would take years, or an entire lifetime, or even longer than that. But someday, I'll be back. I'll show you that you're still the same man I married 25 years ago. Demon, are you listening? Know that your days are numbered. One day, I will certainly save my husband from your clutches."
    "But... BUT WHY!? Forcing that burden upon yourself like that... It's like putting a curse on yourself! You don't need to do any of this! You don't need to go so far for someone like myself!"
    "You're right that I don't have to. But I'll do it anyway. Because it's not a curse. Because you're not a burden, no matter what anyone else may say. No matter how long it may take, if the Lord would allow another life after this one... I'll be sure to find a way to save you. That's my promise."
    "...I see. Then...
    I'll hold you to it
    good luck with that
    "
    "Heh... you've let your true face show, if just a bit. Then... this is goodbye, my love."

---

"Master, a new Servant has been summoned! It's... a Berserker! His True Name is-"
    The woman smiled as she stepped forth into the summoning room, eager to greet this new arrival.

As the light faded, the man saw a familiar woman before his eyes.
    She smiled. A smile so radiant that it reminded him of the day they first met.

"Welcome back."

Creator's notes
    Another mentally well-adjusted Servant with a bad, but not devastating character flaw that ended up ruining their entire life for the sake of angst? From me? Who knew, right?

• I actually debated on just writing her as a Lover, but after some thought, I decided to cut back on the extra and fanmade Classes for now. Maybe I'll save that for an alt or something.
    • I also considered giving her some variation of Joyeuse as an offensive NP due to her connection to Charlemagne's bloodline. Then I scrapped it cuz' I thought that'd be stretching it too far. If anything, that would suit Charles better, and if some of the lines and the bond CE are any indication, boy do I have plans for Charles.

Last edited by BnEl15; March 5th, 2022 at 01:06 PM.

Blog Entries

Top Notes:
    heya, its about this time of the year again when I narratively connect two sheets. Has to be another contest or something, idk. Please check out this fella before you start. Or not. You decide.

When dusk arrives,
    Red winds will rise.
    But when wind pushes light astray,
    The stars will shine your way.

< - ⪻ - ⋘ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- ♅ -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⋙ - ⪼ - >< - ⪻ - ⋘ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- ♅ -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⋙ - ⪼ - >

Greetings, Chaldea. We meet again. And I can finally reveal my Class! I hope it will not scare you."

M O O N C A N C E R
    of the Humming Stars
    = Hevelius - Holst =
    ──

MoonCancer.
    The Class that "scarred the Moon". A mysterious Class in which each member is stranger than the next.
    This one is not a threat to the
    BB
    moon's function
    or its
    Hati
    representation
    It is not a threat coming
    Semino-Camazotz
    from the moon
    or is one
    Summer Isabel
    under the moon
    either.
    MoonCancer here is an opposite to the Foreigner Class.
    Not a threat from the stars, a mystery with the potential to harm the Earth.
    But a threat from the Earth towards the stars, with the potential to harm the mystery of the cosmos.

First Ascension
    Second Ascension
    Third Ascension
    Final Ascension

Class
    MoonCancer
    Alternative Classes
    Caster, Lancer, Binder
    True Name
    Gustav Holst & Johannes Hevelius
    Aliases
    "Chainer", Father of Uranography, Starbinder
    Origin
    England, Poland, Historical Fact, Greek Mythology
    Height/Weight
    178cm/66kg
    Alignment
    Lawful Neutral
    Attribute
    Human

STR END AGI MAN LCK
    C D B B A+

night sky, moon, ocean, science, pierrogi, his little butterfly, polish beer
    Dislikes
    unattended fire, cloudy nights, too much attention
    Talent
    drawing, composing, observing, teaching, swimming
    Natural Enemy
    Semino-Camazotz, BBSummer, Robert Hooke, Vivaldi
    Armament
    Chains, tome, five "star lamps", sextant blades
    Catalyst
    presence of the "extraterrestrial winds"

Part of their deal was to give Hevelius control over the container at night and Holst during the day.
    In combat they fight in union.

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Noble Phantasm -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Noble Phantasm

Prodromus Astronomiae
    Phoenix from Nocturnal Ashes, A Stargazer's Life

The journal that comprises Hevelius's most important work, the Catalogus Stellarum. It survived three fires and carried on his outstanding contributions to the field of astronomy. In life it consisted of three chapters, whereby the third is basically a separate book. When Hevelius lost everything in the conflagration of his observatory, it was the only work that survived the flames. It is the essence of Hevelius' accomplishments. Because of its structure and this anecdote, MoonCancer was able to add two new chapters to the book, because they comprise 'his life's work'. The first which allowed his record in the Throne of Heroes and then the most famous work of Gustav Holst, who is fused into his Saint Graph.

As a Noble Phantasm, it has the effect of absorbing 'all the life's work' into it. What the Master may call 'skills' are now part of the tome in MoonCancer's hands. This slightly elevates his performance but also makes him susceptible to losing the ability to fight if the book is stolen, sealed, or destroyed.
    A tome bound in silver and blue, sealed with a large blue moonstone. Upon opening a metal part slides from the book, the last intact part of his favorite sextant, that melted during the Stellaburgum Fire. A short chain dangles from the cover, parts of the weapons he uses during combat. The pages are black like the night sky and the glowing cerulean script is in an encoded form, reminding of asterisms at night. Only MoonCancer can read them through his acquired Pure Eyes.

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Chapter I -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Chapter I

Prodromus
    Keyhole to the Cosmos

Prodromus outlines the methodology and technology used in creating the star catalog. It provides examples of the use of the sextant and quadrant by Hevelius, in tandem with known positions of the sun, in calculating each stars' longitude and latitude. This part of the Noble Phantasm grants him access to the Item Construction and Territory Creation Skill, with which MoonCancer can build observational instruments including large telescopes and sextants.
    These Skills are basically sealed. Through his Pure Eyes, he can observe the cosmos 'with the naked eye' once again, even without any instruments. Therefore he sees no need to create an Observatory anymore.

Hevelius developed Pure Eyes after listening to the last request of his former astrology teacher and mentor. The words from his tutor's death bed reignited the white-burning passion that rested beneath the ashes of responsibilities at this time. The Stargazer continued the work of his teacher and observed the rare full solar eclipse that they wished to observe until his last breath. Until his death, he would observe with the naked eye alone and achieved a higher precision than any of his contemporaries and thereafter for decades. He developed a Trait of Fate with the designation of Pure Eyes of Astronomical Perception.

Holst was a man of passion and empathy. He loved music and people.
    He once said "I only study things that suggest music to me. " and that was Astrology.
    The composer was introduced to the Magus Society through fortunate happenstance. A fateful conversation, misunderstanding, and friendship with a Mage of the Department of Astromancy revealed he had some atrophied magic circuits. The musician belongs to a branch family of a minor magus line that is part of the Clock Tower. To top it off, from them he inherited Pure Eyes as well, which were classified Pure Eyes of Astrological Perception. He perceives the cosmos in a different way than others, which is ultimately the reason why he was recruited into Hevelius Saint Graph.
    His interest in Astrology was widely known. When his suite The Planets premiered shortly after the outbreak of WWI, the public believed it was inspired by it because it began with the foreboding Mars, the Bringer of War. But he denied it and said it began production before there were hints of war. Some believed he used astrological fortunetelling and knew the war was on the horizon. Wrong again. It was his magus friend who predicted it

Together they have an enhanced physical and conceptual perception of the stars and planets which enhances their magecraft from mediocre at best to formidable.

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Chapter II -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Chapter II

Catalogus Stellarum
    Painting the Night with Starlight Dots

The most important part of the book was Hevelius' countless precise measurements and calculations he performed over decades. It held Tycho Brahe's and Hevelius' own magnitude calculations, the star's longitude and latitude by both ecliptic coordinates measured by angular distances and meridian altitudes found using Hevelius' quadrant, and the star's equatorial coordinates calculated using spherical trigonometry. It also added 600 new stars and 12 new constellations to the night sky. Although the observations of the catalog used nothing more than MoonCancer's naked eye, the measurements were so precise they were used in the making of celestial globes into the early 18th century.

This chapter allows MoonCancer to perform his Astromancy.
    Hevelius lived at a time when the heliocentric model was still novel, while Holst lived during a time in which it was standard knowledge. So MoonCancer can adapt their spells to both, the geocentric and the heliocentric model. Hevelius specializes in constellation-based spells, while Holst has some proficiency in the Vedic branch of Astromancy, empathetic astrology magecraft, and the application of music to it in general. When he casts his spells, the tome erupts with a wind of starlight filled with symbols akin to constellations.
    As the one who discovered hundreds of new stars, Hevelius was foremost in developing new spells using the new stars as a foundation. But because they were dim and new, their effectiveness was rarely useful or effective.
    But when they integrate the Astra Planeta into their foundation, their effectiveness skyrockets. They are physical embodiments of the planets and can enhance any spell utilizing their concepts manifold.
    When MoonCancer uses his chain links as a piano, he can perform his family's forgotten style and attribute the eighty-eight modern constellations to the eighty-eight piano keys. That way he can use a chord as a spell invocation. But he died before perfecting his style and 'old school' Hevelius is against this style anyway.

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Chapter III -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Chapter III

Uranographia, totum coelum stellatum
    Forging Fetters between the Stars

"Uranographia, of the whole starry sky". Also called Firmamentum Sobiescanium. The part dedicated to his benefactor King Sobieski contains plates of over seventy constellations, including the 12 he added himself of which 8 are still accepted among the eighty-eight modern constellations.
    It allows MoonCancer a limited material manifestation of some of the constellations. Most prominent among them are the Scutum, which was named after the King and now acts as his Noble Phantasm, and the Sextans. He uses the latter as a Mystic Code made out of solid Starlight that forms around the sextant blade on his tome. This further enhances some of the Astronomical Spells.
    As the creator of star constellations, MoonCancer can use the limited authority over them to 'give the chaotic stars he discovered an ordered form'. This allows him to give the cloud of the Astra Planeta a shape based on his twelve constellations.
    If they are not used, MoonCancer can house the Planeta in what he calls "Star lamps", where they can rest in their dormant state. They are basically materialized parts of the 'celestial sphere' which was divided into eighty-eight parts - the boundaries of the constellations. They look like balloons floating around MoonCancer with usually only one lit up, showing who is currently active, while the others are on standby.

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Chapter IV -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Chapter IV

Selenographia, sive Lunae descriptio
    O' Moonlight, you are the Chain between Heaven and Earth

The work that made Hevelius the Father of Moon Charting. Selenographia depicted the moon's surface with a precision that was novel in his time and remained unsurpassed for over a century, despite the rapid developments in the building of telescopes. It conceptually connected the
    texture
    surface
    of the moon with the earth and made it a part of it, even if just a little. Hevelius single-handedly bound the moon to the earth and began the decline of the moon's mystery, centuries before we set our feet on lunar soil and brought it back.
    This chapter grants MoonCancer the power to use these chains he himself forged as his weapons.
    The chains have a conceptual advantage against anything 'celestial' and rank down their mystery with each successful hit. It also allows the binding of 'foreign logic' to 'human logic', albeit limited to things 'of this universe'. Therefore most Foreigners can avoid these detriments.
    He can throw an ephemeral chain towards the moon, even during the day if he knows its position, and temporarily create a bounded field enforcing the concept of "lunar surface" to the ground around him. This prevents effects related to the earth like Demonic Defender of the State or Territory Creation, while also lowering any boons originating from 'local recognition'.

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Chapter V -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Chapter V

Stellae Errantes
    Shining Lights, let us play the Night away

The part belongs to Holst and the Astra Planeta.
    The Astra Planeta are "the children" of the Titan Astraios, the Bringer of Dusk, and Father of the stars, planets, and winds, who is widely considered to be the God of Astrology.
    Astraios was the Large-Scale Territory Manipulation Main-Satellite Αστραιος and, like the winds, the Astra Planeta are extensions of himself.
    These Small-Scale Energy Manipulation Nanomachines were the remaining residual parts of Astraios and followed the Machine Fleet until they landed on Earth. There they became known as the representations of the five moving planets of the night sky and were granted their own
    unit designation
    name
    . For their benevolent nature, they were appreciated by the people and gained Divinity from
    Gaia
    Earth
    . In return, the White Cloud would conform to the mortal's beliefs and divide itself into five parts representing their imaginations.
    Thus they gained names.

Phaithon
    Φαεθων
    , the Blazing One of the planet
    Saturn
    Kronion
    Phainon
    Φαινων
    , The Shining One, of the planet
    Jupiter
    Dios
    Stilbon
    Στιλβων
    , The Glittering One, of the planet
    Mercury
    Hermaon
    Pyroeis
    Πυροεις
    , The Fiery One, of the planet
    Mars
    Areios
    Phosphorus
    Φωσφορος
    , The Dawn Bringer, of
    Venus
    Eosphorus & Hesperus

They are the most powerful aspect of MoonCancer.
    With Prodromus Holst can perceive what he calls "the Music of the Spheres" and replicates it to command them just like Astraios did.
    Catalogus Stellarum allows the integration of them as part of their spells to manipulate the results to their liking.
    Uranographia gives the formless cloud a shape.
    And with Selenographia they can fight side by side.

They can take on the forms of
    Lizard
    Lacerta
    Small Lion
    Leo Minor
    , Lynx,
    Small Fox
    Vulpecula
    , and with enough supply of mana even Cerberos.
    They may be named after earthly animals, but their shape is still pretty foreign. Cerberos was depicted as a three-headed snake, but takes on a rather bull-ish appearance, while the others can only be vaguely identified by how many legs they have.

With higher Ascensions, the Music of the Spheres that Holst hears is slowly replaced by parts of his The Planets suite for each respective unit. When Pyroeis is active Holst plays parts of his Mars, the Bringer of War for example.
    The Astra Planeta communicate inside their Star Lamps by glimmering their lights and what others perceive as a slight humming noice.

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Lore and Background -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Lore and Background

Johannes Hewelius (1611 - 1687), a Polish astronomer who compiled an atlas of the Moon (Selenographia, published 1647) containing one of the earliest detailed maps of its surface as well as names for many of its features. A few of his names for lunar mountains are still in use, and a lunar crater is named for him. Hevelius also made a catalog of 1,564 stars, the most comprehensive of its time, and a celestial atlas in which several constellations, now accepted, were shown for the first time.
    A member of a noble family of Gdańsk, Hevelius was a city councilor and a brewer. After studying in the Netherlands, he returned to Gdańsk and built an observatory atop his house and equipped it with fine instruments of his own making. Although he built and used telescopes, he preferred to measure celestial positions without the aid of lenses. In 1679 the English astronomer Edmond Halley visited Hevelius and compared the use of a sextant having telescopic sights with Hevelius’ sextant with open sights. Hevelius showed that he could determine stellar positions about as accurately without a telescope as Halley could with one.
    His observatory, instruments, and books were destroyed by fire on 26 September 1679. He promptly repaired the damage enough to enable him to observe the great comet of December 1680. He named the constellation Sextans in memory of this lost instrument. After the conflagration, he requested French King Louis XIV for financial support in a heartfelt letter, which is remembered as a good example of "the art of asking" (a quirk he used to convince Holst to help out).
    The stargazer would continue counting and protocoling the dots in the sky until his death. He died on his birthday, outliving the contemporary life expectancy by decades. After his death, the catalog and the atlas were published together by his wife, Elisabetha, who had collaborated with him in his observations.

Gustavus Theodore von Holst (1874-1934) was an English music composer and teacher. He mastered different styles of music. However, his main area of expertise was classical music. He fascinated his listeners by the melodic simplicity of English music in the 20th century.
    Gustav Holst is very well known for his magnificent orchestral composition, The Planets. He wrote the masterpiece in the years of World War I.
    His parents too were related to the world of music. His father was a renowned pianist and his mother used to be his student. Unfortunately, she died after the birth of their second child. Gustav was only eight at that time.
    Gustav was much neglected in his childhood. He was debile, had a weak sight and chest, and suffered from neuritis. His hands used to quiver while playing piano or any other instrument. It was really hard for him to practice piano for long. However, he showed the world that by continued and determined efforts all can be achieved whatsoever the physical disabilities or obstacles in the path.
    In 1893, Gustav entered the Royal College of Music and left it in 1898. He then became a coach and rehearsal pianist.
    After marriage Gustav turned towards teaching and took a job at a school in London. The very next year he took a job as a Director of Music at St Paul’s Girls’ School which he kept until his death. In 1914, he wrote his famous composition, The Planets. The composition was greatly appreciated by the music world and he became more popular than ever although he didn’t welcome the fame so greatly and preferred to be left in peace.
    Gustav Holst’s compositions made him one of the greatest composers of England.
    Gustav suffered from a duodenal ulcer. Many efforts were made to diagnose his illness but all went in vain and he died in 1934 at the age of 59 after a failed surgery.

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Quotes and Relationships -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Quotes and Relationships

A softspoken scholar-type. Most of the time. Hevelius can be brash at times when criticized but is a romantic at heart. His love for the stars is still second to his love for a certain 'butterfly'. Holst prefers to be left alone. He actually never wanted to be a Servant and was confused why he was recorded as a Wrath in the first place. But he does care for people and tries to help when he is confident he can be helpful. Holst has an absurd luck when talking to people. It is easy for him to gain trust or just be ignored enough to blend in and listen as someone slips up. Thats how he entered the Clock Tower. His family reestablished themselves as decent mages.

" *Sigh* I do not like this much attention. But I am only here because of a weak moment when Hevel asked for my help to safe the great Vivaldi! He, like Vivaldi, did not mention their first name. Nonetheless, it is an experience to cherish. For the first time I am in a healthy body."

"Pillars of Light? A Pillar that fixes the Texture of the Moon to the Earth? Master, what are you talking about?"

"Their lights are pretty, right Master? I was always attracted to light, her light. Like a moth to the flame."

"Oh my coat? I painted it myself. It is really important to me. What made my atlas so special was my artwork for it. While Holst is more into music, I am personally more fond of art."

"No Stilbon, listen, hmm-hm-hmmmm. No, that's no lizard! Try again hmm-hm-hmmmm. Is that a pufferfish? Oh, Hevel gets angry, I feel it."

"When I found out that my family was part of a magus line...I think I finally understood why my father neglected me. Their magecraft was based on piano play and my fingers and I were too weak at the time to perform them. I was his last hope and I let him down. He did not even bother to introduce me to this world. Was it to save me? When I found my talent he was already gone."

"I wanted to help them because I felt a kinship to the actual Vivaldi. A teacher of young girls, bereft with illness preventing them to play the instrument that would have been most beneficial to their family and mostly remembered for one work. I can not compare to them in terms of raw talents and success, but I did feel like in private matters we would have understood each other. In the end I helped someone else. I will not regret it."
    Pretender and MoonCancer formed a friendship. Strong as Chains and fickle as the winds.

Sergej Rachmaninoff,Ludwig van Beethoven
    "I understand you. Being respected for your music is a blessing, loving one of your pieces is a compliment, but being only known for one composition? It does feel like an insult, especially if you know there are better ones."

Sigmund Freud (Summer):
    "It has been quite a while since I last did it, but with enough help from Chaldea I may try it again. My family made the best beer in town!"

Robert Hooke:
    "Excuse me...Mam? That is a surprise- Err I am sorry but I am here to deliver a message from Johannes Hevelius, I believe you are acquainted. I cite, and I want to make clear I just cite him, I am just a messenger, dear lady,
    "Suck it." I will be on my way now, please have a pleasant evening...Darn you, Hevel, do it yourself next time..."

Twinkle Star:
    "Just...how can you..."

Semino-Camazotz and Baldr Jölnir:
    "This kind of fight took place? Oh my we would have beem the wrong candidate for that one. Good thing the god handled the situation. His humming is strange, the machines react to him."

BBhotep:
    "A strange one. A fellow of the Class, but I do think under the right circumstances we might have a chance, even if they are connected to a thing we are helpless against. The Outer God has enough connections to the moon to be vulnerable. I have stared at the moon for years and never would I have thought that there might be things lurking there."

Gordy Sobieski:
    "Ahahaa! Splendid! Who would have thought to see you so young again, my king! Let us join and talk for old times' sake. I ordered pieroggi."

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Craft Essence -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Craft Essence

We paint the night sky

"Each night we would sit down and gaze at the stars. It would become quite cold, so we cuddled close together. Every hour you made new tea so our fingers won't freeze in the cold.
    We found hundreds of new stars, I would have named each and every one of them after you.
    I have no regrets in my life, except one. I wish I looked harder. There had to be a corner in the sky that formed it. Even if everybody would have to squint their eyes. I wanted to paint a butterfly into the sky. For you. My Papilio Minor.

"Who would have thought I would fight side by side with the very planets I composed for? The Bringers of War, Peace, Jollity and Old Age. Oh and of course you, the Winged Messenger. I looked at the night sky and thought for hours what you were like. You are machines, it is hard to tell, but at the very least...you are adorable, annoying, sassy, funny and affectionate.
    Oh my...I am talking to lamps like they are children.
    I am glad you chose to stay with us after your goal was accomplished."

< - ⪻ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- Notes -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⪼ - >Notes:

I did not expect to make him in time, but when I got the idea to combine him with Hevelius, who was on my list since Summer with my Shielder Gordy Sobieski, it just wrote itself. I wished I had more time to develop their characters, but oh well, that is just the usual weak point in my sheets. I sprinkled some hints for the future across the sheet. Astromancy is all about predicting the future with little things after all. I break the norms with this one, but I like what I did here. This project was not perfect, synergy is a bit lacking at times, but I was under time constraints this month. If I were quicker I for sure would have made a different entry for the contest than Mr. Glass.
    Last edited by DelRey; March 5th, 2022 at 04:22 PM.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.