Page 416 of 620 FirstFirst ... 316366406411414415416417418421426466516 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,320 of 12386

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    cocks fried chicken

I already am home, buddy
    then nice meal and Guten Apetit my Friend !
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Archer of Bloody Coronation:

Appearance:

Source

True Name: Jehu

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Alternate Classes: Lancer, Rider, Berserker, Assassin

Strength- C
    Agility- B+
    Endurance- C
    Mana- C
    Luck- C
    NP- B

Personality
    Stoical and intense. He's brutal in eradicating everything that he sees as going against God's will. Archer is normally a calm individual who observes events from a detached perspective but when it comes time to act he shows brutal decisiveness. He can be kind though, despite his brutality and shows compassion for the poor exploited by those who wallow in power and luxury. For instance he's the kind of person who if he witnessed a master beating their slave wouldn't do anything against it initially but quietly gather enough funds to not only buy out the slave and set them free but also manipulate surrounding merchants to drive the owner to bankruptcy and despair.

As a quirkier trait Archer becomes a total maniac when behind the wheel of any sort of vehicle from a chariot, to automobile or even submarine. The moment he does so his usual stoic expression splits with a wild grin as Archer loses himself in the thrill of the road, aggressively overtaking other vehicles and performing all kinds of insane maneuverings to reach his destination. It seems to be a rare pleasure the usually controlled "man of God" affords himself. Archer is somewhat embarrassed over this trait and will usually apologize to his terrified passengers once he pulls over at his goal leaving a trail of chaos in his wake. This even extends to being fond of sports and media that involve wild driving like monster-truck rallies and Fast And The Furious movies albeit Archer keeps this hidden as a "guilty passion" of sorts.

In his more introspective moments Archer questions his nature as one whose temper sometimes gets the best of him. He wonders if the wholesale massacre of Ahab's relatives was truly necessary or a better ruler could've achieved the same results with less bloodshed. Archer's wish on the Holy Grail would be to undo his disobedience to God that resulted in the weakening of his kingdom and even having to pay tribute to foreign rulers.

Dislikes: decadence, lustful women, his own obstinacy
    Talents: swift and efficient purges, driving (recklessly)
    Natural Enemy: Jezebel, Hosea, Shalmaneser III

Class Skills:

Independent Action (Regent)- A
    The ability to sustain oneself in existence without a supply of magical energy from one's Master. Archer's ability to act independently is based on his following what he understands as God's will. So long as he does so this is treated as A-ranked Independent Action. However should Archer ever break a commandment he knows in his heart as correct it is sharply ranked down to D until or unless he regains the Almighty's favor. A fitting Skill for one who overthrew decadent rulers on behalf of the Hebraic God only for his lineage to fall when he acted against that very same God by preserving worship at the high places.

Magic Resistance- B
    Confers protection against magical effects. At this rank spells with a chant below three verses are cancelled. Even if targeted by the likes of High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals it is difficult for the Servant to be affected. Having bloodily purged the practice of Ba'alism and idol worship from Israel Archer obtains a high protection against heathen Magecraft. However as he tolerated worship at the high places Archer is still vulnerable towards spells originating from heretical elements of his own faith.

Personal Skills:

Clairvoyance (Divine)- B
    Archer was described as one who faithfully executed what was right in God's eyes. Combined with his feats as a bowman Archer can by closing his mortal eyes momentarily trade them with the Lord's, obtaining a literal "God's eye view" over the battlefield. This allows him to gain a more objective view of the terrain and even locate enemies behind cover.

Hidden Crowning- C
    Archer was crowned in secret by the Yahwist faction of Israel to assassinate the corrupt king Jehoram. This grants him Presence Concealment C against fellow rulers. Furthermore by securing the surrounding leylines Archer can also set up a Bounded Field up to around a city-block that bars any communication (including a Master's telepathic link to their Servant) from the inside or outside. This represents how his men sealed the city of Jezreel to prevent Jehoram from hearing of his coronation.

Riding (Mad)- B+
    A composite of Riding and Mad Enhancement that denotes the ability to handle vehicles in a wild and unpredictable yet effective fashion. Archer was known for his ferocious driving to the point where he was instantly identified by a watchman just from witnessing him in a chariot. This Skill activates a variant of Mad Enhancement akin to "road rage" whenever Archer mounts any form of steed or vehicle. His normal composure blows away as Archer plows forth towards his goal with maniacal vigor.

This dulling of common sense means he'll overlook normal obstacles in the terrain yet Archer's wild and reckless driving style allows him to forcibly draw out the full potential of whatever vehicle he's in, overclocking it beyond normal limitations. For instance grinding a chariot sideways to fit between a narrow pass, turning a motorcycle into a short-time jetski or forcing a plane to perform fighter jet-like maneuverings. As crazy as he becomes when behind the wheel Archer has an invariable track-record of always reaching his destination, albeit usually at the expense of terrorizing his passengers and/or destroying whatever vehicle he brought along the way.

His Master would be wise to seal his use of vehicles at least in urban areas lest a major incident arise that attracts too much unwanted attention on the Grail War...

Noble Phantasm
    Barar Qešet
    Bow Of Sanctified Slaughter

Type: Anti-Unit~Army

The bow Archer used to shoot the disgraced king of Israel Jehoram when he tried to flee. Normally this would be a simple Noble Phantasm that gains a bonus against retreating enemies but it's been mixed with his surgical slaughter of the Omri royal family to birth a far more powerful ability. Upon invoking the true name Archer names a criterion (such as Servant, King, Pagan or Mounted). Then a mark in the form of a glowing red Star of David appears over the heart of every individual meeting that criteria save Archer himself within 30 meters. The next arrow loosed from his bow will automatically seek out every marked target piercing their hearts in sequence.

While it's a homing Noble Phantasm if the arrow is dodged then it won't keep chasing after the target but merely move on to the next one. Thus rather than inescapably chasing a single opponent it's more truthfully a Noble Phantasm for precisely taking out vast swathes of foes at once. If he designates a large number of foes the arrow becomes a terror in the enemy ranks, zipping like a bee to pierce one target after another. It also grows in speed with each enemy felled, eventually appearing like a ray of light that skewers multiple targets simultaneously. However Archer must be careful since he has no control over this Noble Phantasm after setting the criterion. If he specifies one carelessly it could potentially go after his own allies or innocent bystanders. Blocking or destroying the arrow will stop it for good.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    DelRey:
    That is a work of art. As the resident Floridian, I approve. Speaking of, maybe a rank of Unwavering Patience in his Excaligator skill could work, there's a few stories that fit the bill for it, but the first one that comes to mind is the Florida Man who watched the new Spiderman like 300 times in a row recently, and skipped bathroom breaks to get the world record.

RoydGolden:
    I was considering adding Jehu to my "eventual servants to write", but I'm glad someone did him so I don't have to. Fantastic job by the way. Considering his unique Riding skill, I hazard a wonder if your Rider version of him would be a Rider/Berserker double summon. Anyway, Jezebel would definitely have a few choice words for him, and probably try to attack him before he could respond.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Florida Man: Okay folks, pack it up, we're done here. Nothing can possibly get any better than this. I might as well delete all my ongoing projects knowing they won't hold a candle to this one.

Blog Entries
    All I ever wanted was peace
    Was that so wrong for me to ask?

Berserker of Virtue

True Name: Amalasuintha
    Region: Italy
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Wish: World Peace
    Dislikes: Anything oppose to that

Parameters:
    Strength: D
    Agility: E+
    Endurance: D+
    Mana: A
    Luck: D
    Noble Phantasm: A

The Ostrogoth queen of Italy during the 6th century and daughter of Theodoric the Great. Intellectual, kind, and vitreous – a true queen through and through. She sees her master as one of her own children similar to the great founder of Rome. In fact she’s a bit of a fangirl for Rome if she encountered a Roman servant she would freak out.

Overall a Queen who looked after her people and is willing to go far for people

Yet ..

She was exiled and found dead in her own bath.

Why?

Because she wasn’t strong enough

Because she wasn’t a man

Because she wanted peace in a world that only accepted war.

Class Skills

Mad Enhancement: E
    Skill raises basic parameters and strengthens one's physical abilities in exchange for hindering mental capacities and/or in exchange for their sense of reason. In some cases, it also affects and/or seals away some techniques, Personal Skills and Noble Phantasms.
    At this rank user does not receive the benefits of Mad Enhancement nor do they lose any of their reasoning abilities, and overall they just become a little rougher

Berserker does not know why she was summoned in this class as she doesn’t have any record of her going mad.

–Perhaps in her final moment she succumbed and cursed the World and mankind for failing her. Or perhaps it’s the screams of something inside of her.

Personal Skills

Charisma: B-
    A composite Skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the natural talent to command or unify an army or country. Increases the ability of allies during group battles.
    At this rank one can lead a nation

Although she ruled well as queen her charisma is deranked due to failing to make the Roman and Gothic Court coexist.

Imperial Privilege: C
    An ability that, due to the insistence of the owner, Skills that are essentially impossible to possess can be obtained for a short period of time.

Berserker doesn’t like using the more offensive skills like Swordsmanship instead more creative skills like the Arts and Education. Although if she has to access those skills she will.

Wisdom of Solomon: A
    It is said that Berserker had the wisdom of Solomon. It acts as a Clairvoyance able to tell the future. Although if Berserker has access to the future why didn’t she see her own demise?

Spoiler:

Grand Order: E++
    The mark of a Beast, signifying one’s status as an Enemy of Human Order. A curse embedded into the Magic Crest of 72 magus families by a being claiming to be King Solomon. It ensures that when their assigned time arrives, one of the seventy two Demon God Pillars will take over their descendant’s body and carry out their plan of the Incineration of the Human Order.

Within Berserker Magic Crest lies the 11th Demon God Gusion. Although his function was finished with Theodoric the Great. Gusion still persists within Amalasuintha because he gained a sense of “fatherhood” with his time with Theodoric . Therefore as a “father” Gusion looks out for Berserker even if it goes against her ideal.

Amalasuintha, my beloved, why save those who don’t save themselves?

Although he tries to make his presence minimum so as not to upset Berserker. This minimum presence led to disastrous consequences as his fear of showing Berserker's future ironically led to her downfall.

Gusion has to tell Berserker the truth. Or risk her falling back into despair again. Maybe forever.

Noble Phantasm
    Imprison Island Stain: Martana
    Type: Anti - Unit (Self)
    Range: 0
    Maximum Target: 1 person
    sssssssssssssssssssssssssssddddddddddddddddddddddd d ​Curseddd d World
    Berserker's prison and tomb. When Berserker died it placed a stain on the island due to the sheer rage from both Berserker and the Demon God residing in her.

You can not talk about Martana without talking about Berserker.
    dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddCurse
    This Noble Phantasms allows Berserker to be one with the Island. Essentially becoming an Elemental. In exchange for this Berserker ironically loses all sense of herself. A problematic issue occurs the more time you try to fight Berserker the more powerful the stain will become as it represents the voice that told her long ago that peace wasn’t wanted in this world.

And if peace wasn’t wanted — Then!

dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddd curse
    Nevertheless Berserker herself doesn’t have that much mystery within her. The reason why the stain was so powerful was the Demon God residing in her and if the Demon God was to somehow be removed from her body then the stain will weaken quickly.

Last edited by Glazy; April 24th, 2022 at 11:48 PM.
    The Tales of Heroes Awaits

My Servant Compendium

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries

Source: Marioli Montpelier

Class: Berserker
    Other Classes: N/A
    True Name: King Zhou Of Shang
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Place of Origin: China (10th century BCE)

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: C
    AGI: D
    MGI: B
    LCK: E
    NP: EX

Height: 170cm
    Weight: 160lbs
    Dislikes: Gods, kind people
    Talent: Living in opulence
    Natural Enemy: Koyanskaya
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Man, Humanoid, Demonic, Divine
    Armament: No held weapons
    Catalyst: Summoning at the Deer Terrace Pavilion will always summon him unless he is already summoned

Class Skills:
    Madness Enhancement EX: Communication is possible, but understanding is impossible. King Zhou is fixated on his indulgence, and cannot truly be understood.

Personal Skills:
    Sadistic Constitution A+: The nature of a sadistic entity who holds wishes to harm all. As he fights, his sadism increases his power but decreases his own reason.
    Tianxi Xing B: The nature of a fallen and then deified star. Encompasses Divinity, Demonism, and Mana Burst (Flame).
    Mystic Eyes Of Bonds A: His Mystic Eyes allow him to see the connections between people and control the connections. In life, he used this to further torture people, while when he was deified, he used this to help him arrange the marriages of humans.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Da Ji
    My Dear Kitsune

Type: Support
    Range: 200 meters
    Max Targets: 0

This is the sublimation of his bond with Da Ji, one of the tails of Tamano-No-Mae. This allows him to manifest a divine beast, a powerful Kitsune. However, he isn't able to manifest a very powerful one unless hooked up to extreme amounts of Mana. But if he is hooked up to a mana level on par with the Greater Grail, he could manifest the Beast of Collapse, Da Ji herself.

Deer Terrace Pavilion
    Lake of Wine, Forest of Meat

Type: Reality Marble
    Range: 100 meters
    Max Targets: 1000

The sublimation of the Deer Terrace Pavilion. It takes the form of a Reality Marble wherein it switches between day and night every hour. During Day, the residents will be lulled into a sense of calm by the decadence of the place. During night, horrors and terrifying beings emerge and begin attacking anyone within.

Lore: King Zhou of Shang was a ruler under the Shang dynasty in China. He was known in his early life for his kindness and intelligence. However, when Da Ji arrived, he sunk into the depths of depravity, and was deposed. After his death, Jiang Ziya deified him, knowing that he was a kind person corrupted by the Beast herself.

Personality: A sadistic and corrupt person. He is summoned during the time he worked with Da Ji, though with the powers of his deification. His wish for the Grail would be to be able to torture all of humanity. If he was able to successfully both link to the grail and manifest Da Ji herself, he could theoretically become a Beast offshoot, the Evil of Sadism itself.

Relationships:
    Koyanskaya: "Foul pretender, how dare you pretend to be the Beast of Collapse? You are not nearly her level."
    Jiang Ziya: "I never truly got the chance to thank you for the deification. Here! Indulge a little in my Deer Terrace Pavilion. After an hour, it gets even nicer!"
    Jing Ke: "An assasination attempt against an Emperor? Hm. Come here! I wish to reward you for your impudence. See here, a lake of wine for you to relax in. You have a pass to remain there for two hours only."
    Last edited by jishara; June 10th, 2022 at 12:08 AM.

delrey you made me proud, a shitpost serveant after my own heart. now i have to one-up you.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    aahhh~ finally the praise I deserve for my first Grand Servant~
    thanks folks

Jehu: this sheet feels like a cool mix of this guy:

and this legend

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    delrey you made me proud, a shitpost serveant after my own heart. now i have to one-up you.
    you cant. Florida Man is unbeatable. The next day he would do something to beat up your servant.

- - - Updated - - -

Berserker of Virtue: a surprise demon pillar host. It is short yet sweet but feels a bit lacking in flair. Charisma could have been a different skill to build up more character imo. But I am not a fan of the Skill on too many servants. Creative idea for the NP

King Zhou: I like this one. Perhaps make his mystic eyes a separate skill and tell us what they do.
    Last edited by DelRey; April 25th, 2022 at 06:15 AM.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    aahhh~ finally the praise I deserve for my first Grand Servant~
    thanks folks

Jehu: this sheet feels like a cool mix of this guy:

and this legend

His NP was inspired by Yondu, yeah. Glad you caught that.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Hi DelRey, thanks so much for your feedback. I have updated him.

Blog Entries
    Top level creator's notes
    Another miniseries done at last! For this one, it's best that you read part 1 and part 2 first, as this sheet contains many callbacks to them.

As for this sheet itself, it contains...
    50% edge
    45% angst
    5% wholesomeness

Enjoy!

No... he's getting closer. I can feel it.
    The demon...

In the name of the Father, of the Son, and the Holy Spirit, Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name;
    thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
    Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against
    us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
    Amen.

Hail, Mary! Full of grace, the Lord is with thee;
    Blessed are thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
    Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death.
    Amen.

...Aah, it's not working! Please, anyone...
    Why isn't it working!?

It wasn't supposed to be this way.
    It was all a big mistake.

I'm sorry.
    I'm sorry.
    I'm sorry for being born as a cursed child.
    Berserker of the Smoldering Empire
    --
    Innocence Lost to the Flames --

"Oh my, so this is Chaldea... and you must be humanity's final Master! The one who foiled Goetia's Human Incineration Ritual! I'm impressed! To think you'd be foolish enough to summon one of his pillars and bind them for the sake of restoring the Human Order! Truly, a marvelous endeavor... but what if I refuse? What if I decide to forego all this Master-Servant thing and turn you to cinders this instant? It'll be quick and painless! You won't even have time to use a Command Spell or call for help! All I have to do is... is... Guh, no, not yet! I can't-!"
    "GAH, OUT WITH YOU, DEMON! My sincerest apologies, Master, but this won't last long. Please, send me back immediately, while I'm still myself. You have no need for a monster beyond salvation like me, so just- Aah, they're back... the shadows! The smell of charred flesh! Their inhuman groans! Can you sense them!? Even now, they still demand my blood, for good reason. Ugh... Odo, Great Grandfather, Richardis, my love... I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for my sinful existence..."
    ~ ♬ ~

Source

Full body / Ascension

"I had a dream once. A very long time ago. To bring the Holy Roman Empire to even greater heights. A kingdom of ideals built upon the people's faith, one that would impress my great grandfather, showing that even a cursed child like myself could build something meaningful with these hands... but who am I kidding? These hands are only capable of destruction. I... I don't even know if I can fully blame the Demon for that. That's why... I really shouldn't be here. One who spent his entire life burning and killing has no right to build a future for humanity."

Other Classes: Avenger

True Name: Charles the Fat
    Alignment: Lawful Good / Chaotic Evil
    Origin: Carolingian Empire (9th century)

Parameters:

STR: C
    END: B
    AGI: C
    LCK: D
    NP: A

Dislikes: "Cleansing sacraments", fire, his host, "that one Saint"
    Talent: Swordsmanship, acting, arson, whispering (misleading) advice
    Natural Enemy: Odo of West Francia, Louis the German, Saint Richardis
    Armament: The holy sword Joyeuse... or at least a heavily warped version of it
    Catalyst: A coin with his face on it, a treatise he signed

Class Skills
    Madness Enhancement (D++)

A Class Skill that characterizes a Berserker, raising basic parameters and strengthens one's physical abilities in exchange of hindering mental capacities and/or in exchange for their sense of reason. While he retains most of his reason, Berserker is prone to bouts of hallucinations, depression, and bursts of anger, further exacerbated by his particular condition. Normally, this Skill only grants a small boost to his stats during those episodes. However, its effectiveness skyrockets whenever the "demon" is in control, turning him into an even greater threat in exchange for his sanity.

"It's a terrifying thing, you know? Being locked in your own body, not knowing how much of yourself is truly 'you', and how much has been claimed by that accursed thing. I could pass out in the middle of a pleasant conversation and wake up facing a pile of burnt corpses with a torch in my right hand. I almost burned my wife alive, Master. Can you believe that!? Even now, I... I can't tell when I'll pass out again. When I could suddenly aim my sword at you, or burn you like I did to those PATHETIC LITTLE INGRATES, JUST TO SEE YOUR SKIN PEEL OFF YOUR- GAH, NO! He's getting stronger. Please, Master, before it's too late..."

Personal Skills
    Grand Order (EX)

The mark of a Beast, signifying one’s status as an Enemy of Human Order. A curse embedded into the Magic Crest of 72 magus families by a being claiming to be King Solomon. It ensures that when their assigned time arrives, one of the seventy two Demon God Pillars will take over their descendant’s body and carry out their plan of the Incineration of the Human Order. In a hidden scandal that shook the Holy Roman Empire and the Carolingian Dynasty as a whole, it was discovered that the heir to the throne, a descendant of the Christian Emperor Charlemagne, bore the heretical mark of a Demon God.

Berserker's Magic Crest is cursed with a certain mark. He who sets cities and castles ablaze. One who blesses his host with wisdom, but takes everything from them at the last moment as his flames devour everything built by human hands. The 23rd Pillar, Aim. Normally, this Skill would be ranked E-, representing almost complete incompatibility between the demon and his host. Their personalities are radically different, and Berserker actively resists the demon's influence. That said, between Aim's aggressive disposition (as one of the more proactively malicious Pillars among the 72), combined with the illnesses and trauma Berserker suffered on top of his already unstable mental state, this Skill receives an irregular rank. Its "true" value constantly fluctuates, ranging from Berserker managing to retain most of his humanity, to the demon assuming almost full control of his body. This internal conflict, where Berserker's very body and Magic Crest struggles to reject the demon's influence, manifest outwards as an effect similar to Weak Constitution and Contradictive Mind. In general, Berserker tends to be more prone to the demon's influence whenever he is under extreme stress, or when he encounters certain triggers for his past traumas.

"The pious King who sought peace and prosperity for his kingdom in the name of the Lord. The bloodthirsty madman who burned his subjects alive and indirectly razed Burgundy to the ground thanks to his own incompetence... which one am I? Even I don't know. Now that you've seen this version of me, you may be inclined to say that my worst deeds are done by the demon's hands... but that's wrong. I'm far from innocent. Even if he exists only in my mind, it's still thanks to my own weakness that he managed to accomplish everything he did. Aah, just... who am I..? What have I become..? Will anyone ever find the real me..? And if they do... do I trust myself enough not to drag them into the abyss the moment they reach out their hand..? Can you imagine that, Master? For you to place your utmost trust in me, only for me to stab you in the back when you least expect it? Ah, the very idea is... ABSOLUTELY REPULSIVE! See!? I can barely hold them back, and I fear what would happen the moment I fail..."

Herald of Misfortune (B)

A Skill granted to certain individuals whose fates foreshadowed great tragedy. Every strike the user makes adds a negative modifier to the target's luck parameter, increasing their probability of failing luck checks. Furthermore, if the user's Spirit Core is destroyed, the curse affects all Servants in the vicinity, permanently capping their luck parameter to D (varies based on rank) unless they are desummoned or if they use certain purifying Skills.

The cursed child whose incompetence led to the fall of a united Francia. A symbol of terror to his people, and a King whose evil marked the end of the once-holy Carolingian Dynasty. Ultimately, Berserker's entire life was a tragedy that devoured not just himself, but also his family and his people in the flames of hell.

"My father was wrong. He shouldn't have chosen me. A long time ago, I thought it was the demon's fault. I was wrong. With or without that abhorrent thing, it's just impossible for a cursed child like me to become anything more. Guh, if only I could do what everyone else could! Something that everyone else but me could achieve! If I could understand them, their expectations, the burden they placed upon my shoulders... then maybe their shadows wouldn't continue to haunt me now! Aah, great grandfather, I just... WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO!?"

Mana Burst (Flames) (A-)

Aside from his preferred execution method of burning enemies at the stake, this Skill actually stems from a certain incident in his youth. Following an incident of "demonic possession", Berserker was repeatedly exposed to numerous "cleansing rituals" to "exorcise" the demon inside him, to the point his body is covered in countless scars and burn marks. It was a wholly traumatic event for him, and by recalling these memories, combined with channeling Aim's authority, he can ignite the mana around him ablaze, increasing his combat potential.

Incidentally, the rank refers to sheer power rather than technique or mastery. His flames are powerful, but his trauma prevents him from exerting full control over it. Furthermore, prolonged use of this Skill increases his mental instability and makes him more prone to the demon's influence. Normally, he prefers to hold back (limiting the rank at D) and use the flames on his sword only. However, once the demon takes over, he becomes extremely unhinged, foregoing the sword and burning his target with his own hands. Supposedly, it gives the demon that sadistic feeling of being "up close and personal" with the enemy.

"FATHER, I'M SORRY! I'LL BE GOOD, I PROMISE! I'M SORRY! NOT THE FIRE! NOT THE-"
    "...A dream. Apologies, Master. I didn't mean to surprise you. I just remembered something unpleasant, that's all. Even now, I want them all to burn. Yes, they should all burn. I should burn them at the stake and watch as the fire consumes them. As their flesh falls off, as smoke fills their lungs, I want them to remember the face of a boy, not even ten years of age begging them to stop, only for his cries to fall on deaf ears. I want them to... to... ugh, I'm sorry. That was nothing. Please don't worry about me, Master."

Bond 5
    Promise Made Amidst the Scorching Flames (EX)

"I... I don't know when or how yet. Maybe it would take years, or an entire lifetime, or even longer than that. But someday, I'll be back. I'll show you that you're still the same man I married 25 years ago."

A promise that pierced through the darkness. A voice that reached the madman's heart amidst his personal hell. A distant memory that could counteract the demon's influence. This Skill functions as a natural failsafe of sorts whenever the demon comes dangerously close to a full takeover, automatically returning Berserker to his senses and stabilizing his mental state. Outside of these dire circumstances, merely recalling that fateful promise is enough to keep Berserker going for a while longer, granting him effects similar to low-ranked Battle Continuation and a minor healing factor, while shutting out any mental interferences- internal or external- at the same time.

The only limitation to this Skill lies in his own heart. Should he ever completely reject the idea of "redemption", succumbing to his inner demon and reveling in the darkness, not even this promise could save him. Yet as depressing as it is, the fact that he's still capable of receiving this Skill's effects must mean that for all his flaws, his bouts of madness, self-loathing, traumas, and everything else... somewhere, a small part of him still wants to be saved.

"To think she's still shouldering that burden even now... just why? Time and time again, I told her it was futile. That there's no saving someone like me. Yet despite all that... sheesh, my wife really is quite the stubborn woman, huh? I don't dislike that, though. Hmph, so be it. Even now, I still believe that she's fighting for a lost cause. I still believe that it's impossible for there to be a happy ending to this story. However, if that's what she resolved to do... then I'll wait for her, just for a little while longer. After all, if my time in Chaldea had taught me anything, it's that sometimes, even the impossible can be overturned. So, for now... I'll keep holding on to that foolish promise of hers."

Noble Phantasm(s)
    Innocence is a Lie that Remains Beyond Reach
    Joyeuse Effondrement

"The glorious holy empire spoken of in legends, the sacred kingdom that harbored God's divine will... lies, all of them. They're not worth the memory. They should all burn. Burn. BURN. BURN AND SCATTER LIKE ASHES ON THE WIND! SUFFER, JUST LIKE I DID! JOYEUSE EFFONDREMENT!"

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1-40
    Max Targets: 100 people

Source

A powerful holy sword passed down from Berserker's great grandfather... or so it was, once. By Berserker's time, he saw neither the courageous King who traveled the world with his paladins, nor the virtuous ruler who strove for universal peace through his Christian empire. To him, the sword is nothing more than an icon of hypocrisy; a "sacred heirloom" he received from the people who tortured, cursed, and burned him over, and over, and over again. The same people who proudly preached of the virtues of God and Christianity as they attempt to "cleanse" him. Even its very name ("joy") is nothing more than an ironic joke to him. As if reflecting this, the sword had lost its glorious luster, replaced with cold, dark steel with ominous streaks of crimson running across it.

A blade held by the mad King whose rule marked the collapse of the Carolingian Empire, once a paragon of Christian virtues, reduced to an accursed land filled with suffering and despair. It can be said that this Noble Phantasm is something of a "reverse Reality Marble". Rather than pulling the targets into Berserker's inner world, the King's pent-up emotions forcibly infringes upon the textures of reality, forcing everyone to see "his" truth.

Upon its activation, Berserker draws his sword, and a wave of flames sweep across the battlefield. While these flames aren't especially powerful, thanks to Aim's authority, they seemingly have a will of their own, creeping across the surface to seek out targets automatically, even dodging water, damp surfaces, or anything else that could put them out. Eventually, this creates the impression of a burning hellscape; the sky is covered in smog, the land is burning, and buildings are gradually lost to the flames. After the stage is set, the true nightmare begins.

First of all, representing how Berserker "destroyed" a Christian kingdom that supposedly held the will of God on Earth ("Imperium Christianum"), as well as how no God came to his aid as he suffered, this Noble Phantasm completely rejects any notion of a "greater purpose" within its established territory. This translates to weakening divine entities and sealing off Skills and Noble Phantasms derived from faith in a higher being. After all, the collapse of the Carolingian Empire proved that even God's kingdom is fallible. Besides, "He didn't exist then, so why should He exist now?". This effect is especially devastating on those whose entire lives were defined by pursuit or servitude of the divine, enough to send them into a despondent state.

Secondly, by coming into contact with the flames, or simply by inhaling the smoke for too long, one would finally see the world through Berserker's eyes, akin to a contagious yet personalized version of Delusion Trigger. They would experience visual and auditory hallucinations; familiar faces and dead people showing themselves amidst the burning ruins, their appearances warped to accommodate whatever deep-seated guilt or trauma one may have. A conqueror might come across a grotesque visage of the people they slaughtered. Others may encounter long-lost family members, former friends, or past enemies, all while their voices; dying screams, heartfelt pleas made in vain, unanswered questions ("Why..?"), and sorrowful cries continue to ring endlessly in their ears. These are all nothing more than illusions, but its effects are real enough, capable of causing affected targets to have a mental breakdown, or to slaughter each other in a fit of madness. Not to mention Berserker himself, still prowling the burning battlefield with his blade in hand, the demon in full control. To survive this Noble Phantasm, one must possess incredible mental fortitude. Failing that, they just need to get away from its range (preferably while inhaling the least amount of smoke possible). However, between the dangerous terrain, the thick smoke that obscures the area, and the illusions, if one fails to escape in time, getting away is much easier said than done.

Incidentally, as this Noble Phantasm brings all of his past traumas into the forefront of his mind and allows the demon to fully take over his body for the duration of its activation, Berserker absolutely despises it. Normally, he refuses to use it under any circumstances, unless he is already under a great amount of stress or in a losing battle against his darker impulses. It would require significant effort from his part (or a Command Spell from the Master) to calm him down after using it, after which he would completely break down, profusely apologizing for the chaos he caused, and for almost losing himself to the demon.

It is unknown what would happen to this Noble Phantasm should Berserker- by some miracle- be able to move past his traumas, overcoming Aim in the process. One theory is that the sword may transform into something closer to its original appearance, regaining its holy attributes. As of this moment, however, such a beautiful dream feels so distant to the man standing before you.

Heaven is a Dream Lost to the Flames
    Joyeuse Incendie: Aim

Source

Lore (Long)
    Charles III, also known as Charles the Fat, was the Emperor of the Carolingian Empire from 881 to 888. A member of the Carolingian dynasty, Charles was the youngest son of Louis the German and Hemma of Altdorf, and a great-grandson of Charlemagne. He was the last Carolingian emperor of legitimate birth and the last to rule over all the realms of the Franks.

A pious and God-fearing ruler who tried his hardest to manage a collapsing empire. At the same time, an inept yet incredibly cruel madman who sent many to their deaths. There are numerous contradicting accounts on just what kind of man he was. In truth, he played the lead role in a tragedy that took place underneath the holy exterior of the Christian empire. A tragedy that involved the world of royals and mages alike...

Act 1: Cursed Child of the Sacred Empire
    Once upon a time, there was a brave hero who repelled a Saracen invasion and re-established the Franks as the undisputed leader of all Gaul. A man by the name of Charles Martel. He denied the offer of kingship, but he laid the foundations of a Christian Europe, united by a grand empire ruled by his descendants. It would not be an exaggeration to call him a savior of Europe against a full-scale Islamic invasion. A few decades later, his grandson, Charlemagne, continued his work, uniting Francia, Lombardy, and establishing the Holy Roman Empire. A true Christian King who fought for the sake of universal peace while extolling the noble virtues of the Lord. He was another hero who brought prosperity to the people, earning him the title
    Pater Europae
    "Father of Europe"

By the 9th century, the power struggles between different European kingdoms had mostly subsided, and a new threat emerged in the form of viking raiders from the north. Local rulers were largely unprepared with this new threat, and a tumultuous new era began. It was during this time that a certain scandal occurred. One that shook the empire to its very core.

Charles was born in 839 AD to Louis the German and Emma of Altdorf. From birth, his hair was crimson like his mother, unlike his predecessors' blond hair. Some superstitious opponents of the crown treated this as an ill omen, but such concerns were mostly dismissed as nonsense.

The tragedy only truly started in the boy's childhood, following an incident of "demonic possession". The boy frequently fell ill, and traditional healers failed to find the root cause of his afflictions. Modern experts would call it schizophrenia or bipolar disorder, but the truth runs much deeper than that. In any case, after the orthodox methods failed them, his parents called upon mages and members of the Holy Church to hopefully cure the poor boy.

The result was groundbreaking. King Louis was no stranger to the world of magecraft. While he did not especially concern himself with such matters, he knew relatives and ancestors who dabbled in the art. Yet even then, his son's diagnosis was... something beyond his wildest dreams. Charles possessed higher-quality magic circuits than anyone else in the family over the past few generations. It might as well be a miracle... if not for "the other thing" discovered in his Magic Crest. A demon's mark. A mysterious hereditary curse that threatens to bring the kingdom- or maybe even the entire world- to ruin if left untreated. The mages knew not of the specifics of this curse, aside from it being "a terrible fate bestowed upon him by the devil himself".

This discovery was promptly covered up by the royal family. The priests and mages were to speak of this incident to no one else, attributing the Prince's illnesses to a naturally weak body. The family continued to maintain their image as head of the world's largest Christian empire at the time. Even so, cracks were beginning to form. Rumors rose to the surface, speaking of a darker truth behind the boy's sickly appearance. It was unclear where these rumors originated, but before long, everyone- from relatives, palace maids, and even commoners- were talking about them. It was also the first time the boy noticed how the world treated him differently. The hushed whispers whenever he entered the room, the disappointed eyes of his relatives, a look of fear from his playmates... he could not understand any of them, and it infuriated him. Yet the rumors were just the beginning...

Within the royal family, a different crisis was brewing. For the religious King Louis, the notion that his son was "cursed" brought him great shame. He was the third in the line of succession, after his two elder brothers, so it wouldn't have been a big deal simply to banish or deprive him of succession rights, but the King would not accept such an outcome. Arguments between Charles' parents grew more frequent, with the King blaming his wife for "bringing upon that accursed bloodline to this noble family". After all, there was no way that the great Charlemagne's bloodline could bear the terrible mark of a demon, right? Whatever the case, the two soon separated as the Queen was exiled to an abbey in Regensburg, Bavaria. Then Louis ordered his scribes to remove all mention of "that woman who brought disgrace to the empire", explaining her lack of presence in contemporary sources. The Queen would spend the rest of her days there, suffering a stroke in 874 and dying two years later, just a few months before her husband.

Act 2: Cleansing the Demon

"You're a demon! A stain upon our glorious empire!"
    "Why was a child like you even born!?"

"Not a soul will ever accept you so long as you walk the earth! You're nothing more than a monster born of sin!"

"Charlemagne would be ashamed to have someone like you as his descendant."

"They will rue the day of your birth, and pray for the day of your death!"

Following his parents' separation, the issue with the "demon" seemed to have leaked further among the royal family. The boy's family shunned him for being "the son of that damned witch". Rumors continued to spiral, turning the Queen into a devious seductress who forced herself upon the King to taint the royal bloodline. Charles was treated as a cursed child, an unholy spawn born of that union. Yet despite all that, his father continued to believe in him.

"Pay them no mind. Their words mean nothing. Know that none of this is your fault."

And it scared him.

"It's all the demon's fault, right? Yes, you're perfectly innocent. You're my son, after all. That's why we should get that abhorrent thing out of you as soon as possible. We should carry out that ritual one more time! As many times as it takes to cleanse you! Because I believe in your innocence!"

He was obsessed.

"Oh? Did you forget your prayers again? No, this won't do. The demon is leading you astray once again. We'll have to increase the treatment..."

"Where are your table manners? Kingship begins from the smallest of things, and if you can't even display basic manners, I worry for your future. To think he'd resort to this... Back into the dungeon you go. I have to tell them to put more effort to their rituals..."

"Poor child, to think this illness confined you to your bed. He's gone too far this time. I'll make sure this next ritual could bring him down for good..."

It was hell. The King employed all manner of medical and thaumaturgical methods to "cleanse" him. Church sacraments, bloodletting, surgery, branding, burning, burning, burning...

"Don't look at me like that. It's for your own good. Don't cry. The pain is a sign that it's working. Embrace it. It's a sign of the Lord reaching out to you, no matter how unsightly you may appear before Him."

He saw none of it.
    He prayed. He promised to be good. He begged his father not to put him in that chamber. He begged the priests to stay away.
    Nothing happened.
    His cries fell on deaf ears, and no one came to save him.

He hated every second of it.
    He wanted it all to end, but he couldn't bring himself to do it.

Between the priests and their rituals, and the mages experimenting on him, dissecting his circuits under the guise of "cleansing", it was hell, in every sense of the word.

And at the end of it all, the flames only did the opposite of what they were supposed to.
    They awakened something in the boy.

Act 3: Beyond the Confines of Hell
    By his teenage years, Charles had developed something of a talent for acting. It was necessary. Occasionally, he still fell to bouts of madness, hear strange voices, or see things that aren't there, but he was at least good enough to conceal these episodes from his father. Eventually, it was enough to convince Louis that his son was cured. Even so, the Prince continued to live in fear, dreading the day that one slip-up would send him back into the dungeon. At the same time, hatred was festering in his heart, further urged by the disembodied voices he occasionally heard. Despite everything he went through, Charles was still a fervent Catholic, and the idea of entertaining these voices brought him shame. Even so, after everything his father did... the temptation was too good to resist.

His chance finally arrived in 863, when his older brother Carloman incited a rebellion against his father, soon followed by his second brother, Louis the Younger. Following the voices in his head, Charles joined this rebellion. He resented his father, yet the idea of cooperating with this "demon" still weighed heavily on his conscience. Thus, he convinced himself that this rebellion was necessary for the greater good, and vowed that he would devote the rest of his life returning the Carolingian Empire to its past brilliance, just like how it was during his great-grandfather's time. The rebellion was successful, partially thanks to the tactical ideas whispered to him by the voices in his sleep (something he kept to himself, saying that the ideas were his own). The elder Louis was deposed, and the three brothers ruled jointly over the kingdom. For a time, all was well as the brothers divided their lands equally and avoided conflict with each other. The empire was stable, and it started a slow yet steady process at reclaiming lost lands and regaining past glories.

It was during this time of peace that Charles took the daughter of a nobleman, Richardis, as his wife. While the couple's marriage life started out harmoniously, they were not blessed with children, which led to a succession crisis. Rumors began to circulate once again, claiming it to be a form of divine punishment bestowed upon the cursed child, or that he was a sexual deviant who would bed every woman in the kingdom except his wife. The birth of an illegitimate child, Bernard, from an unknown concubine only stoked these rumors even further.

Tragedy shook the kingdom when Charles' eldest brother, Carloman, suffered a stroke in 879 and died a year later. His second brother, Louis, also fell to illness in 880 and deemed unfit to rule. He too would lose his life two years later, in 882. With his brothers out of the picture, Charles was left to rule over the empire by himself. The Pope crowned him as Holy Roman Emperor in 881, effectively placing him as the ruler of Europe's largest empire. Thus, that cursed child came to rule over a kingdom that represented God's will upon the Earth. Some celebrated this achievement, while others deemed it as an ill omen of things to come.

The truth was...

Act 4: The King Who Was Never There
    As Holy Roman Emperor, Charles started his reign with a number of significant political and religious reforms. He built a palace in Alsace, modeled after a different palace built in Aachen by his great grandfather. He made peace with the pope, consolidated political allies, and pushed back a Saracen invasion threatening papal lands. He executed corrupt priests and government officials (among them the mages who tortured him as a child, not that he'd ever admit that) For a while, these acts seemingly "redeemed" him in the eyes of the people. However, the King soon found himself less than capable at juggling between these responsibilities. Back then, he received help from his brothers in managing his territories and maintaining alliances. Without them, however, he began to realize just how little he actually knew of kingship. Apparently spending a childhood locked up and tortured in a dungeon does that to a man.

At the same time, he could feel the demon getting stronger. Occasionally, he found blacking out and waking up with lapses in his memories. At other times, he succumbed to sudden bursts of emotions, or made questionable decisions. All the while, the voices and hallucinations seemed to have made a comeback, except it was no longer a gentle voice offering advice. It was the disparaging remarks of his family. The cries of his brothers who accused him of wanting the throne for himself. The screams of people he executed. The demon was getting stronger. The demon was... wait. Was it even the demon anymore? Did those voices belong to him all along, or was it the demon's whispers trying to lead him astray? He couldn't say for sure anymore. The Queen did everything she could to help her husband, even ruling the kingdom in his stead during his worst episodes. However, his worsening condition, combined with the ongoing issue of a succession crisis and several unwise political decisions he made, placed a heavy strain on his mind. Cracks were beginning to show underneath the empire's pristine exterior.

The Siege of Paris took place in 885, when a large army of vikings- remnants of the Great Heathen Army driven out of England by King Alfred the Great- made their way to Francia through the river Seine, plundering every home and settlement they could find. At the time, Charles was overseeing a different political matter in Italy, leaving Odo, the Count of Paris, in charge of the city's defenses. The Count successfully weathered the siege for almost an entire year, until Odo was forced to ask Charles for reinforcements in October 886, fearing that the city would fall sooner to pestilence and starvation before the vikings got to them. After a rendezvous with the Count, the King swiftly sent his army to Paris, successfully encircling the viking forces within days, forcing them into a corner. Things should have ended there, but...

"We hereby grant you 700 livres (pounds) of silver to leave Paris and its people alone. If you must, you may continue your journey down to Burgundy."

Honestly, he wasn't sure why he had proposed that arrangement. It would have been easy to blame it all on the demon again, but... is it really his fault?

"ARE YOU BLIND!? Didn't you see the bodies scattered across the streets on your way here!? The smell of burning houses and corpses!? You would allow these barbarians to restart this nightmare elsewhere!? Please, think of the people! We have them right where we want them! I doubt this opportunity would come again, so please, just say the word, and I'll-!"

"Enough, Odo. My decision is final."

Even a demon should not excuse his incompetence, or so he believed. Perhaps the demon truly did influence his mind, but in the end, it was his own weakness that allowed said demon to prevail.

Thus, the Siege of Paris ended in a Pyrrhic victory. No one wanted this outcome, and even the King, who made that decision, was left wondering why things ended the way they did. Outrage and discontent continued to fester within the empire. In the middle of it all was Odo, the hero who defended Paris, only to have his deeds dismissed by the King as he sent the Burgundians to a bloody end.

Act 5: Fall of the Mad King
    Things only got worse following the siege. Revolts were breaking out left and right, with Odo leading the movement. It was as if the old prophecy came true; the King was cursed. A madman who cared not for his people's well-being and willingly sent thousands to their deaths. It was only a matter of time before he would bring the entire kingdom to ruin, just as the prophecy foretold. Perhaps it was the stress, but these incidents further worsened his condition. The episodes grew more frequent. The voices returned, now with the bloody figures of the Burgundians, burned, hacked, and decapitated accompanying them. He executed a number of conspirators in the revolts to halt their movement, but unsurprisingly, this only lowered his standing even more in the eyes of the people. During this time, the Queen continued to offer her support, vowing to stay beside her husband no matter what. Even so, Charles knew that it was only a matter of time before he would lose this battle, either against the demon, or his own weakness.

Everything culminated in 887, when a paranoid episode led to the King accusing his wife of adultery and sentenced her to be burned at the stake. By the time he returned to his senses, rain had fallen, extinguishing his flames while the Queen remained unscathed. It was a miracle, a display of the Lord's divine protection upon the Queen unjustly sentenced to death by her husband. At the same time, the King finally realized that the demon's- or perhaps his own- madness would consume not just himself, but also his loved ones, in this case, his wife who stood by his side for so long. He could feel it; the demon was creeping ever closer. It was just a matter of weeks before he would succumb, and when the time would inevitably come, he feared what would happen to her. Throughout his life, he failed every other endeavor he set out to do, and the cruel world that subjected him to such horrific torture could burn for all he cared. However, Richardis was different from those monsters. She was a ray of warm sunlight in a world filled with suffering. And he almost extinguished that light. He couldn't bear the thought of hurting her again, which was why she had to leave. In a moment of lucidity, he divorced the Queen, and banished her indefinitely from the palace.

The revolts only grew worse after the Mad King banished the people's beloved Queen. Without her support, it was also at around this time that Charles finally lost his battle. Aim accomplished his goal by forcibly taking over his body. Thus, Charles the Fat spent his remaining days as a fearsome tyrant, until Odo successfully deposed him and installed himself as the next King of West Francia. The former King spent his last days under house arrest in his estate in Swabia, until he died of illness in January 888. Hi death marked the end of a united Francia, as the kingdom fractured into three, never to be reunited until Napoleon's conquest almost a thousand years later.

When a group of agents from the Church managed to procure his body, his circuits were found in a terribly atrophied state, far beyond repair. It was as if they had endured extremely heavy strain for decades as two opposing forces battled for supremacy. In a way, perhaps the King really did try his hardest to resist the demon's influence, holding him back for as long as he could to prevent that prophecy from coming true.

Description
    "Eh? Me? Um, are you sure you'd like to spend your afternoon with me? Um, I mean, it's most certainly an honor, but I... I don't want to hurt you, Master. It could happen at any moment, and I fear what would happen to you should I lose control again. Hearing that... wouldn't it be a much better idea for you to stay away? There's no need for you to concern yourself with a man beyond saving like myself."
    "No? Tch, you're a very stubborn one, aren't you? Just like her... ugh, so be it. I shall entertain you just this once. Just... have a Command Spell ready just in case. Should that accursed demon break free, I want you to use it to kill me at that very instant. My life is worth little after everything I did, so there's no need for you to hesitate should that moment arrive."

Source

"What I like, um... praying. It may be foolish considering how most of my prayers went unanswered during my lifetime, but I'm still a man of faith deep down. Putting aside their effectiveness, it's just find it... calming, in a way. Now, would you like to join me for a prayer? It might just help keep the demon at bay. Our Father in Heaven, glory be thy name..."

Dislikes:
    "Fire. Nothing good comes out of it. It's a terrible thing that's only capable of taking, destroying, and killing. It's... the only thing these hands are capable of... Guh, everything I did, everything I built, everything I touched ended up burning to the ground! It's one thing if I was the only one burning, but these flames devoured the entire kingdom along with it! And my wife, she-! Aah, please, I just want it all to disappear!"

Likes (Aim):
    "Fire, of course. There's no better feeling than watching their beautiful crimson glow devour buildings and flesh alike. Seeing the hope leave their eyes as their hard-earned efforts were reduced to cinders... Do you know the saying 'the bigger they are, the harder they fall'? That's exactly how I felt. The more effort they've given to build something, the more satisfying it is for me to see it reduced to nothing. Whether it's throwing away the one chance you have at a long-desired peace for your people, or killing your most beloved person with your own hands... Aah, there's just no better feeling than that!"

Dislikes (Aim):
    "Ugh, do you really have to ask? It's that one saint who ruined my fun. To think she would brush off my flames just like that... just remembering it puts me in a bad mood. Also, the owner of this body. In the end, he was no match for me, of course, but he's... far more troublesome than I anticipated. Even now, he's still putting up a fight despite having lost everyone and everything worth fighting for. That sort of determination... is just plain repulsive."

Bond 5
    "Have I told you about my wife, Master? My life was full of pain and suffering, but despite it all, I daresay she was- and still is- the greatest thing that had ever happened to me. For one, she taught me that there was something beautiful at the end of that long and torturous path. That even a cursed child like me could become something more... regardless of how things turned out back then. And for her to insist on shouldering that curse... don't get me wrong, I still consider it a laughable idea for her to completely banish the demon that had tormented me for my entire life, but... it's an idea I can get behind. After all, when you love someone, it's only natural to have your utmost faith in them, right?"

Dislikes:
    "Back then, I hated this body above all else. The demon had his part to play, certainly, and my father, alongside those priests... they too shaped me into the person I am today. However, there's only so much I can blame on them. Some may consider me a victim of circumstances, but perhaps if I was born stronger, smarter, wiser, if disease hadn't ravaged my body throughout my childhood, if I could do the things my brothers could accomplish with ease... maybe things could have been different. As things are now, I can only blame my own weaknesses for allowing the demon to get the better of me. Even so, lately I've been thinking... is it really possible for someone like me to be saved..?"

Wish to the Grail
    "What else? A chance to be free of this accursed demon once and for all. Afterwards, I believe I owe an apology to my wife. To Odo. To the people I failed, both in Paris and Burgundy. I do not expect them to forgive me. If anything, Odo would probably execute me on the spot, for good reason. Still, should my death come again at their hands, I'd at least feel a little better dying after resolving those conflicts and saying the things I couldn't last time."

A King who tries his best in maintaining a stern and dignified image, yet constantly appears to be just one step away from a mental breakdown. His demeanor may change at the drop of a hat, from a recluse who keeps his distance from people out of fear of hurting them into an unstable madman who'd set his enemies on fire without a second thought. Unsurprisingly, he has something of a phobia towards fire, and the mere sight of it is enough to trigger a panic attack in him. This leads to him frequently holding back, refusing to use his Mana Burst (Flames) despite it being a main component of his entire skillset, all because he fears that using it would leave him more vulnerable to the demon's influence. Even when he does end up using it, he fights with a very careful, avoidant style, as if afraid of his own blade. Outside the demon's meddling, he's also prone to auditory and visual hallucinations, usually in the form of his father, his brothers, Odo, or the people he sent to their deaths, directly or indirectly. At best, these episodes only lead to him seemingly talking to himself. At worst, he could end up mistaking other people or blowing a hole in the wall in a fit of hallucination-induced madness.

In his better days, Berserker's true personality may reveal itself. Without the hallucinations and demonic whispers clouding his mind, he's actually a somewhat decent, if not a bit weak-willed, King. The type to try his hardest at fulfilling his duties, only to blame himself for failing short of others expectations. He hates his own weaknesses above all else, believing that the demon only succeeded because he wasn't strong enough to stop him back then. He genuinely admires the Christian empire built by his great-grandfather, but despises how it had become during his father's generation. In the end, he was an idealist whose grand visions never came to pass due to his sheer incompetence, on top of a dozen other mental and supernatural issues he had.

Normally, Berserker considers himself as someone beyond saving. An entire lifetime of being treated as a "cursed child" led to him believing that he'd be better off dead or at least locked up in a dungeon before he could hurt anyone else. Yet for some inexplicable reason... he found himself clinging into the last bit of hope he has left. He would never admit it himself, citing that redemption for someone like him is unthinkable. However, should one deepen his bond with this mad King, one may help him recall an old promise he made long ago, along with a wish he had long buried. Ultimately, underneath numerous layers of madness, lies, and contradictions...

Berserker is a man who wants to be saved.

Relationships
    Louis the German:
    "Father... do you really fear the demon that much? To the point you'd forsake me, your own son!? Your love was built upon nothing but lies! ALL I WANTED WAS A PLACE TO BELONG! YOU THINK I WANTED ANY OF THIS!? I NEVER ASKED TO BE BORN THIS WAY! YOU ALL FEAR ME FOR THINGS I CAN'T CONTROL! ...Ugh, if you despise me that much... then I must congratulate you. In your poor attempt at 'exorcism', you've created a demon with your own hands. I'll make sure not even the tiniest speck of your ashes remain after I'm done with you."

Robert Hubert:
    "You... stay back! Are you one of them!? No, I... I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..."

King John of England, Tokugawa Iemitsu:
    "I know the feeling all too well. There's little I can say to reassure you. We all had our regrets. We wished to do more. To do things differently, no matter how many times it would take to get them right. We... really are hopeless, huh? I wonder if we'll ever be saved."

Pope Alexander VI:
    "What the... WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!? I peered into his mind, only to see a mountain of burnt corpses, the overwhelming stench of charred flesh, and a cacophony of voices wishing for his death..."
    "Yo, Dantalion, old pal! To think I'd find you here! Funny how things turned out, huh? Oh, and you, the shitty pope over there. A word of advice, I don't recommend doing that. He's... seen some shit, and his mind's a reaaal clusterfuck right now. You might as well set yourself on fire now if you want a similar sensation. That part can be arranged if you ask, y'know?"

Pope Clement I:
    "You... just what kind of monstrosity have you allied with!? And you did it willingly!? With all due respect, I have no doubt in your faith, Father, but... are you sure this is a path you're willing to take? I do not mean to be presumptuous, but I know how these demons work. They'd sooner drag you into the depths of the abyss, the same way they burned me to cinders."

Pope Honorius III:
    "To think you'd be able to contain that demon's influence just like that... You have my utmost respect. Um, by the way... you said that even a demon could be of service to His will... does that mean there's a place for me in this world after all..? If that's the case, I... thank you. Thank you! You have no idea just how much I've longed to hear that!"

Amalasuintha:
    "She stayed true to her convictions to the very end, despite living in an uncaring world filled with war and strife... it really is admirable. Her story ended in tragedy, but I wish I had that kind of strength back then. If only..."

Charlemagne:
    "I've heard stories of him in my youth. The brave paladin who traveled the world alongside his companions... My life wasn't much of an adventure, unfortunately, though maybe a part of myself did yearn for that sort of excitement. Anyway, um... sorry about what happened to Joyeuse."

Karl de Grobe:
    "Great-grandfather... Seeing his brilliant form now, there's really no way I could ever measure up to that, huh..? I'm sorry. For not being strong enough. For allowing things to end the way they did. I... I'd ask just where exactly things went wrong, but... it's all wrong from the very beginning, isn't it? It's all wrong! With or without that demon, my life has always been cursed! Aah, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..."

Odo of West Francia:
    "I see, so he became King following... that incident. It's... probably redundant for me to tell you this now, Master, but... I wanted to mend things with him back then. I wanted to apologize. To call of that decision and send my army to Burgundy, but I kept putting things off, and... you know how that ended. As time passed, the demon made it increasingly difficult for me to apologize... or was it my own pride? Was it all me..? I... really couldn't tell anymore at that point. Whatever the case, I never did end up acknowledging my mistakes, and he's fully justified in resenting me. I... probably would have done the same in his shoes."

Bond 5
    Odo of West Francia:
    "Odo... I'm sorry. There, I said it at last. I really should've done that a long time ago. I don't expect forgiveness. The blood on my hands would never be washed away, and their cries would continue to haunt me until the end of my days. Even so, if you would grant me the opportunity... I would love to fight beside you. A chance to finally be there for once and make things right. Now, um... may I?"

Saint Richardis:
    "Richardis, my love, my light... even now, you continue to walk under His light, sharing your love with the world. You really are strong. Much stronger than I could ever imagine. That's why I..."
    "Eh? You're still bringing up that promise? Ugh, how many times must I tell you to abandon that foolish curse you've forced upon yourself!? You could get hurt again, and I don't want that! Why couldn't you just accept it!? There's no salvation to be found for someone like me!"
    "...A lie, huh. I should've known you'd be able to see through that. I never seem to be able to get my acting right around you. The truth is, lately, after everything I've seen here... I started entertaining the thought. Maybe it's foolish of me to succumb to such sentiments, and the very thought alone is still terrifies me to no end. However... I ask this of you now; is it really all right for someone like me... to hope..?"
    Extra: Bond 6
    Saint Richardis:
    "Guh, stay back, my love! This accursed power coursing through my veins! It rages once more, threatening to burn the entire world down to the ground! The darkness beckons, and I don't know just how long I'd be able to hold it back!"
    "Shush now, demon. Charlie, you don't think I'd actually be afraid of something like this now, do you? I vowed to save you then, and that hasn't changed now. How about you tell that demon to shut up and join me for an afternoon walk? I haven't introduced you to my bears yet, have I? Oh, I'm sure you'll love them!"
    "...Okay."

*Thanks to the saint's specific ability to dispel demonic influence, much of the couple's renewed relationship can be summed up in exchanges like these; a flamboyant, edgy chuunibyou and a loving wife who could (sometimes literally) smack the demon out of him at any moment. He hasn't completely learned to let go of his old habits just yet, but her mere presence is enough to turn him meek.*

Bond CE
    At the End of Hell
    ~ ♬ ~

Source

What exactly is「Hell」?
    Some pictured it to be a realm entirely separate from our own.
    A place where sinners go. Where demons enact all manner of horrifying torture upon them.
    A place too terrible to speak of.

The mad King disagrees.
    To him, hell need not be a place separate from the world itself.
    It was the dark dungeons he was familiar with during his youth.
    It was the royal palace. A pristine image of holiness concealing disappointed glares and unsightly rumors.
    It was the kingdom itself.
    The one he set on fire.

It was a recurring dream.
    He dreamt that he was there, amidst the chaos.
    Everything was burning. Smoke filled his lungs. Sorrowful screams and cries resounded in vain, begging for help that would never come.
    Blood stained his hands. One he could not wash away.
    He ran. He cursed himself as he ran.
    He cursed his own weakness.
    He cursed his own incompetence.

He never wanted any of this.
    It was all a mistake.
    He was a mistake.
    His father should have just cast him aside. Carloman or Louis should've ruled the empire to begin with.
    He should not have existed.
    He should have-

"But... BUT WHY!? Forcing that burden upon yourself like that... It's like putting a curse on yourself! You don't need to do any of this! You don't need to go so far for someone like myself!"
    "You're right that I don't have to. But I'll do it anyway. Because it's not a curse. Because you're not a burden, no matter what anyone else may say. No matter how long it may take, if the Lord would allow another life after this one... I'll be sure to find a way to save you. That's my promise."

It was a foolish idea not even worth entertaining.
    Salvation? For a cursed child who should not even have existed in the first place? For a monster who killed so many?
    The very notion is absurd. He'd have to be a fool to even believe in such nonsense.
    Even so...

---

"Master, a new Servant has been summoned! It's... a Berserker! His True Name is-"
    The woman smiled as she stepped forth into the summoning room, eager to greet this new arrival.

As the light faded, the man saw a familiar woman before his eyes.
    She smiled. A smile so radiant that it reminded him of the day they first met.

"Welcome back."

Creator's notes
    Aaand, done. I think I exhausted my edge and angst supplies for a while. At least my next two sheets would probably be something on the more wholesome side of things.

- Now that you've reached the very end of this sheet, I bet there's only one question left in your mind that's still unanswered. Why is Charles the Fat, in fact, not fat? Well, putting aside the fact that I just couldn't find the right fat fc, there's actually no record of his physical appearance, which... sort of justifies bishounenifying him. It also justifies me genderbending him had I wanted to throw off any semblance of seriousness in this sheet. Luckily, I'm not that unhinged... right..? Anyway, as for why the people in-universe called him fat, um... propaganda. Yeah, that's it. Let's leave it at that.

- Everything about him is designed to be perfectly hard-countered by his wife. His main schtick involves setting things on fire? She's completely invincible to fire. He can induce madness? She can dispel madness. He considers himself beyond salvation? She believes no one is beyond saving. Honestly once you put the demon out of the picture, they're... very wholesome.

- Man, that NP. Pretty simple all around, but it's probably one of my best nightmare fuels in a while... not that I write horror all that often either. Just imagine you're Artoria, and you see a bloody, beaten Mordred with her chest pierced emerging from the flames. And she just keeps getting up every time you beat her down. Then the illusion fades and it turns out you just brutally hacked your own Master to death instead. Aim is just that fucked up.
    Last edited by BnEl15; April 26th, 2022 at 05:18 AM.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    jeez, another long read. Good FC choice, staying true to the Fire Emblem streak. Man I hope he gets an alt soon...
    I just say one name and you have to justify your decision tho: Julius

Else it is a great finale, i guess, of the whole story. The NP is pretty cruel.

oh and i got some Moon Knight vibes somehow
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    I just say one name and you have to justify your decision tho: Julius
    Julius has a more outwardly evil vibe to him, and from what little I know of FE4 (I read the manga a long time ago), his dad better fits the tragic, morally ambigous antihero I'm going for. Glad you like him tho.

Edit:
    And yes, I wish there's more art of him. Siege of Paris summer event when? I think both Ferdie and Mercedes already has some summer artworks somewhere, and there's only this guy left.
    Last edited by BnEl15; April 26th, 2022 at 08:20 AM.

Blog Entries
    Witness my proof of my love!
    So long as there are people who put their trust in me.
    My flame of war shall never fade!

The warrior-queen sought strength and courage.
    She must be braver than her adversaries. She must be stronger than her subjects.
    In order to attain the power to protect her lands, to receive the love of her people.

The witch-priestess yearns affection and devotion.
    Her enemies must learn to fear her. Her people must be ready to trust her with their lives.
    So that she could one day make them proud, so that she could someday grant them freedom.

All's fair in love and war.
    To love something, one must be ready for war.
    Stratagems and policy are as allowable in one as in the other.
    Having embodied these paradoxical concepts, the Demon God Astaroth is ready to wage war against humanity—in order to justify her love.

In one legend, it is said that the Priestess sympathized with the suffering her people endured under a tyrannical ruler. Taking up arms, she devised a plan to liberate them.
    The priestess offered herself to the tyrant as a bride. However, on their wedding night she murdered the tyrant, brandishing violence in the guise of romance.
    The Priestess gained the loyalty of her people, until eventually she was declared their Queen.

Thus, the Queen was ready to prove her love—even if it meant declaring war against the world.

In the historical records the Arabs called her “Kahina”, meaning “priestess”, or pejoratively “soothsayer”, supposedly in reference to her ability to foresee the future. She was also often depicted with the characteristics of a witch—

In truth, such rumors were born because Kahina was the final carrier of a Demon God. The infernal spirit bearing the rank of Duke. The devilish goddess who seduces nations into self-destruction—the Twenty Ninth Pillar, Astaroth.

True Name: Dihya
    Alias: Kahina
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Origin: Historical Facts and Rumors, North African Folklore
    Attribute: Man

The 7th century Queen of the Berbers, who lived in present day Algeria and Tunisia. She led her people in the last war of resistance against the Umayyad conquest of North Africa. As a figure surrounded by numerous legends and differing accounts, she is subjected to both reverential awe and also of reviling fear. Hailed as a hero and “symbol of resistance” by her people, she also has been demonized as a “cruel witch” who resorted to scorched earth tactics on the very lands she claimed to defend, sacrificing everything for her war efforts.

Parameters:
    STR: A
    END: B+
    AGI: C
    LCK: D
    NP: B

Class Skills:
    Mad Enhancement: EX
    In normal circumstances Berserker can utilize magecraft to minimize the effect of the Mad Enhancement on her sanity. However, there is a trigger which can reverse this and immediately put her Mad Enhancement to the maximum effect. When her “love towards something” is put into question, when she has to prove and justify her love—this is the condition where she will resort to an obsessive rage, rampaging like a wildfire.

Personal Skills:
    Priestess of War: A+
    A skill that allows Berserker to channel the Blessing of the War Goddess, allowing her to augment any “armaments of war” she wields to the level close to Noble Phantasms. The blessing also provides her powerful seduction abilities, although as a Berserker this charming power is rarely displayed.

This was the position Berserker was appointed to from the legacy of the ancient religions of Carthage that her tribe inherited. Specifically, it refers to the worship of Tanit, the Divided Spirit of the War Goddess Astarte brought by the Phoenicians to North Africa.

In addition to being refined through her talent in magecraft, the rank of this skill is further boosted because Berserker is also the host of the Demon God Astaroth, who also inherits the designation and power of the goddess Astarte.

Defiant Charisma: B
    The ability to lead armies and govern a nation. In this case, it is particularly effective in rousing allies against tyrannical despots or invading forces, embodying the spirit of Berber people who prides themselves as “free people” (Imazighen). Although her war against the Umayyads ultimately ends in defeat, the rank of this skill isn’t affected much as the result of Berserker becoming the “symbol of resistance” for her people.

Grand Order: B
    The mark of a Beast, signifying one’s status as an Enemy of Human Order. A curse embedded into the Magic Crest of 72 magus families by a being claiming to be King Solomon. It ensures that when their assigned time arrives, one of the seventy two Demon God Pillars will take over their descendant’s body and carry out their plan of the Incineration of the Human Order. Berserker carries within her Magic Crest the seal of the Demon God Astaroth, and was chosen as the host upon which Astaroth will execute Goetia’s Grand Order.

Near the end of her life, during the time when the Demon Pillar was finally taking over her mind, it is said that Berserker became increasingly desperate in her measures against the invading Umayyads, resorting to cruel and inhumane methods such as the Scorched Earth tactics — incinerating the very lands and people she was supposed to defend.

Noble Phantasms:
    Ksar Kahina
    Divine-Touched Arena of Fervor
    Type: Fortress, Anti-Army
    The fortress of El-Djem.
    The Roman amphitheater which Berserker converted into an impenetrable castle and the central base where she organized her war efforts. It is said this amphitheater was also the place where Berserker and the last remnants of her army made their last stand.

Manifested and given form in a similar fashion to a Reality Marble, this Noble Phantasm is a territory which serves both as a consecrated ground and a bloody battlefield. Within it, all allies will also receive the Blessing of the War Goddess that Berserker possesses, significantly magnifying their combat capability. Meanwhile, all enemies will be inflicted with a continuous charm that slowly wears down their physical parameters.

Additionally, every sparks of conflict and drop of blood that is yielded within this altar of war will serve as an offering to both the War Goddess Astarte and Demon God Astaroth, and when it is accumulated enough, the Blessing of War Goddess that Berserker receive will be upgraded into the ability to wield the Authority of the War Goddess. However, instead of gaining Divinity, in this process Berserker will receive an effect similar to Innocent Monster, as the Demon God Astaroth attempts to take over her Saint Graph.

Ashtaroth Qandisa
    Devil-Marked Altar of Strife
    Last edited by Kamera; April 26th, 2022 at 10:34 AM.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Blog Entries
    Updated the Lemegeton pokedex.

Other than BnEl's latest Aim and this Astaroth, is there any other Demon God pillar made recently that I missed?

Blog Entries
    Glazy's Amalasuintha-Gusion above.

Also nice, three pillars in two days. We're having a resurgence here, folks. Not too familiar with the figure, but Dihya is an unexpected choice fpr Astaroth's host. I'd have exoected someone more... temptress-like, idk. You did a great job connecting the dots and justifying it tho, so it's all good from me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Glazy's Amalasuintha-Gusion above.

Also nice, three pillars in two days. We're having a resurgence here, folks.
    damn how could i miss that. not complaining tho, i'm quite happy with this development. hoping to see more from other creators.

Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Not too familiar with the figure, but Dihya is an unexpected choice fpr Astaroth's host. I'd have exoected someone more... temptress-like, idk. You did a great job connecting the dots and justifying it tho, so it's all good from me.
    Thanks!
    You could probably interpret her wedding night murder episode as an example of Dihya using her seduction powers.

Blog Entries
    "Who am I? I am those who pray for glory. I am those who lament in defeat. I was born of a king's pride and lived to witness the downfall of his empire. But as for my True Name... ufufu, that of my 'father' should do nicely. Very well Master, Servant Watcher, Shalmanesser III shall pledge mine eyes to observe your history until its end. Now then, show me the desire burning in your heart that you called me forth. What sort of king do you wish to become...?"

Watcher of Obsidian Epitaph:

Appearance:

Source

True Name: "Shalmanesser III"Black ObeliskAshur

Alignment: True Neutral

Alternate Class: RemainerRemainer, Avenger

Strength- C
    Agility- E
    Endurance- A+
    Mana- C
    Luck- E
    NP- A

"As king, what is it that you wish for? To bring boundless hope as an ally of justice? Or to strike unmatched terror into your enemies as a Demon King? Perhaps to indulge endlessly in sensual pleasure while your kingdom rots into depravity. I accept and acknowledge all desires, so long as they spring from the depth of your sovereign soul Master."

Personality
    A mysterious individual whose true goals and desires (if any) are kept carefully hidden. She appears playful enjoying to
    tease
    test
    her Master with various questions to size up their convictions as king. Watcher also shows a cruel side advocating that her Master indulge in rape and plunder to their heart's content if that's truly the kind of king they wish to be. If asked why she manifests in a female form Watcher will simply answer that every great king has a woman by their side, and whether she's an equal queen or mere concubine is entirely up to them. She claims to have no wish on the Grail but be interested in seeing what sort of wish her Master makes should they obtain it.

Spoiler:
    In truth, Watcher is a manipulative person who resents the World for abandoning her. She seeks the Grail's power to regain her original strength as a deity, ruling over a revived Assyrian Empire with her Master as a powerless thrall. However should she genuinely grow fond of her Master (if they noticed the melancholy behind her indifferent facade and asked if she was okay out of genuine concern) Watcher may have second-thoughts over sacrificing them to fulfill her goal.

Likes: burning ambition, character-growththe Assyrian Empire, being remembered
    Dislikes: weak-willed people who don't know what they wantthe Age of Man, being forgotten
    Talent: attesting kingshipmolding a worthy vessel
    Natural Enemy: Ishtar

History
    Upon summoning Watcher identifies herself as the Assyrian king Shalmanesser III. However that is a clear lie and she will soon concede to being in fact the Black Obelisk itself that Shalmanesser created to extoll his kingship and conquests. Having "witnessed" the glory and tragedy of many kings the formerly emotionless record gained true sapience, resulting in her materialization as a Servant borrowing the name of her "father".

Her reason for being is the same as it was in "life", to record the history of kings, both their greatest triumphs and most crushing losses. However due to her awakening sapience Watcher has chosen to take a more proactive role in shaping and guiding her current "king candidate". She immediately decides her Master is "one who will become king" and wishes to make them into someone who will leave a great ripple in the World whether for good or evil.

...However, that too is merely yet another deception, and Watcher's true identity is the goddess Ashur. Patron goddess and kingmaker of Assyria, upon her nation's collapse she found her power rapidly waning. In desperation Ashur tethered her soul to the Black Obelisk created by one of her servants Shalmanesser III, who revered her in the guise of the god Shulmanu. Debasing her dignity as Chief God to bind herself to a human artifact Watcher awaits the day she can be summoned to bring back the glory of the Assyrian Empire.

"Ufufu, dangle one little mystery and you totally overlook the greater picture... you humans are so amusingly smallminded."

Class Skills:

Watcher- B
    A Skill characterizing the eponymous Class, it signifies the Watcher's special contract status towards their Master. As a monument created to record kingship Watcher's only duty is to observe her Master as they walk the path of a "proper king". However to that end she is capable of manifesting a physical form and shadows to interact with them. These shadows take the form and will of her "father" as well as the various kings he subdued in life.

They include the Israelite king Jehu; a stoic and brooding individual who bristles at the humiliation of swearing servitude to a heathen king, but nevertheless can advise the Master on the necessity of ruthless and pragmatic actions in the name of a higher cause, Marduk-bêl-usâte who seethes with hatred against kings for stealing his "birthright" away and Shalmanesser III himself; a confident and boisterous man who emphasizes the importance of pride in inspiring one's subjects. Together they serve to catalyze the Master's psychological development by providing examples of the kind of king they could become.

Territory Infringement- B
    Denotes the ability to slip into an occupied territory without being noticed, bypassing any manner of barriers that'd bar entry. It's a hallmark of the Watcher Class who are defined by being able to observe anywhere undetected. In Watcher's case it represents the nature of conquest that can "arrive" anywhere, transgressing national borders and boundaries. Barriers belonging to any of the culture-spheres that "her" conquests encompassed (including the Israelite and Levantine worlds) can be easily bypassed.

Universal Bird's Eye- C
    The capacity to understand everything within a limited territory in which they are summoned, limited to sight, hearing, and magical energy detection at rank C. This information is shared between the shadows, allowing them to notify the Master of these observations. Watcher claims that awareness of the terrain from an objective viewpoint is essential for any king worth their salt. As their "advisor" she naturally lends this guidance to her Master.

Spoiler:
    Oblivion Correction- C++
    The nature of one who holds forever onto a grudge, even as others forget. This singleminded determination born of darkness greatly boosts the damage dealt by critical strikes in battle. Even as her power dimmed, Watcher "lived" on for centuries past the fall of her nation to avenge it. Her current existence as a monument synergizes excellently with this Skill as Watcher etches the indignity and humiliation her people suffered onto the record of her being, swearing to ensure they're never forgotten.

"Do you know the pain of being abandoned, of losing everything and being forced to persist in the world as a mere shadow? No? Then I'll just show it you..."

Personal Skills:

Solar Great Crown- E+++
    The basis for kingship in Assyrian culture came from the supreme sun-god Ashur. As her chosen candidate for the throne Watcher's Master becomes a vessel for Ashurherself. Granting them a tangible
    melam
    aura
    of charisma in the form of a "crown of light" around the user. It also confers a variety of boons such as absoluteness to the body and repelling mental interference to mold them into an ideal "king candidate". The first Skill granted by Watcher and the foundation of all "her" other authorities.

However a king without accomplishments is merely a jester. As such initially this is only a dim and faintly visible halo. To prove their worth, the Master must acquire glory and conquests. As they do, their aura of charisma grows brighter and more subjects are drawn to their side, enabling further glory. Manipulation of light for attack and defense (like shaping it into searing arrow-like rays or hard-light barriers) also becomes possible through further equalizing the concepts of "light" and "authority".

Tribute- C
    A Skill that denotes the act of presenting gifts to a ruler as a sign of one's servitude. Normally such a common tradition would not be raised to the level of a Personal Skill but as "her" Saint Graph records many kings paying tribute it is the second ability granted to "her" Master. The act of accepting a material possession from someone aware of this Skill's effects serves to establish a magical contract between Watcher and the gift-giver. In return for supplying a modest amount of Mana to Watcher they count as under "her" protection applying a geas that forbids aggression between them or any other parties to the pact.

The nature of the "tribute" itself is arbitrary, but must be recognized as "of value" to both Watcher and the gift-giver.

"See, rulers can be kind too. Albeit every kindness comes with strings attached. You'd do well to remember that."

Record Of The Conquered- B
    A king must have conquests, glory does not exist without ruination. That is the third "lesson" Watcher engraves into her Master. Foes hailing from any of the culture-spheres whose conquests are recorded in the Black Obelisk are oppressed with a rank-down in all parameters against Watcher as a reminder of "her" supremacy over them. Furthermore it exerts a mental interference that makes them hear the anguish and lamentations of their subjugated brethren, a constant chorus of despair intended to break their will to resist. Her Master also hears this, and only those worthy to be a king (as Watcher sees it) can endure without having their mind eroded by madness and guilt.

"Don't avert your eyes, this is what your actions wrought. The elation of victory that comes at the expense of the agony of the defeated, that too is what it means to be king. Carry those responsibilities and face onwards to the future, or be devoured by the sins of your past. Either way I shall gladly witness your story to the end Master."

Spoiler:
    Ambiguous Deity- A+
    A Skill that represents one as a deity of ambiguous nature. Despite being the supreme god of Assyria, many of Watcher's patronages were unknown or conflated with other deities. This was increased by her fading authority which lead to most information on Watcher apart from her status as sun god and patron of Assyria becoming lost. The vague and conflicting elements within her elide elucidation of Watcher's true identity, serving as an Information Erasure equivalent at rank C.

Furthermore by invoking her association with the namesake city Watcher gains a Territory Creation (Assyria) Skill, reforming the surroundings into her fabled city. The terrain is visually transformed into an idyllic city with fruit-groves along the streets and ziggurats towering in the distance. While within Watcher and all those she acknowledges as subjects are granted massive boosts to their stats and Skills. However the territory which she can bless as "Assyria" scales based on her Solar Great Crown Skill and thus her Master's development as king. When it's low-ranked only an area the size of a garden-shed can be claimed, while potentially it could expand to consecrate whole nations. Much as Ashur originally went from a minor household-god to one of nations and empires, the growth of her authority is based on how much glory and conquest her "king" amasses.

Noble Phantasm
    Black Obelisk
    Eternal Memorial Of Conquest

Type: Support

The monument created by her "father" Shalmanesser III to immortalize his kingship. The Obelisk is actually Watcher's true body although she can manifest a human form to interact with her Master. Initially appearing upon summoning as a two-meters tall obelisk it swiftly condenses into a lance of smooth black limestone to be wielded by her Master, devoid of the inscriptions in cuneiform script and relief images depicting subdued kings paying tribute that once covered its surface.

"Why this shape? Well isn't it obvious spears are symbolic of kingship? Besides as if the rulers who built all those obelisks weren't compensating for something ufufu..."

Instead, the spear "fills in" with new inscriptions and imagery when they defeat an opponent or perform a momentous feat. This boosts her Master's stats and Solar Great Crown Skill for every trial they conquer and even gives them a chance to gain new abilities. For instance should they defeat an enemy by piercing a tiny chink in their otherwise invincible armor that triumph would be commemorated on the Obelisk, granting them a powerful armor-piercing Noble Phantasm for the future.

Rather than a normal Heroic Spirit whose legend is "set in stone", this is essentially the ability to write one's own saga in the present age. As it takes the form of a spear exemplifying "kingship" this Noble Phantasm is truly a means for elevating her Master into a Lancer-Classed Servant.

Spoiler:
    The insidious secret purpose of this Noble Phantasm is to mold Watcher's Master into a vessel for herself. When they obtain full self-realization Watcher will be able to take possession of their body, revealing her true nature as the deposed goddess Ashur.

"Fruits need to ripen before they're plucked. Be grateful to become a vessel for my magnificent self..."

So while writing Jehu I found out about the Black Obelisk and thought it'd make a cool NP. Tried writing up Shalmanesser III himself but there really just wasn't much on him apart from that so I changed course and decided to write the Obelisk itself as a Servant. Then things got a little more complicated and... well, the result is the sheet you see before you. As usual comments and critiques would be welcome. Thanks for reading y'all!

Blog Entries
    Quite interesting premise for a Watcher. The Black Obelisk does make an interesting NP indeed. I could see her fulfilling similar antagonist role as Dagon in the latest FGO event.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Dihya is super cool. Going for the seductress-type would be the more obvious choice but I like how that aspect of her is very subdued but also essential to her story.
    Really good NP too.