Page 260 of 369 FirstFirst ... 160210250255258259260261262265270310360 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,200 of 7368

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Blog Entries

From Ink to Life

Base Form

First Ascension

Final Ascension
    Spiritron Dress: Beachside Poetry

“Bad Poetry”

We have lived as ectoplasm
    The hand that would clutch
    Our substance finds that his rude touch
    Runs through him a frightful spasm
    And hurls him back against the opposite wall.

Class: Faker Foreigner
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Origin: Historical Fact Hoax

Height: 5’8
    Weight: 118 lbs

Natural Enemy: Hemingway, William Martin
    Attribute: Earth Star
    Traits: Servant, Wraith
    Armament: Ink, Pen, Quill

Parameters

• STR: E ███
    • END: D ███
    • AGI: B ███
    • MANA: C ███
    • LUCK: B+███
    • NP: D ███

Class Skills

Camouflage (-): This skill has been lost and replaced with Bring me to Life.
    Existence Outside the Domain (C ): A denizen of Carcosa; Ink that Walks.

Bond Level 1

One of the most prominent and important figures of contemporary poetry. Faker, afflicted with an incurable disease, refused treatment from his dear sister and composed poetry in secret. Words so sublime, profound and obscene that even after his death they somehow found their way into the public consciousness. The sheer profundity of his profound profoundings demanded to be heard.

Bond Level 2

Source: History
    Region: Australia Carcosa
    Dislikes: Medication
    Talent: Poetry
    Catalyst: An excerpt from Durer: Innsbruck, 1495

Bond Level 3

Much of Faker’s life is obscure to history. Who knows what kind of person he truly was. Divining from his words, it is apparent that he was an incredibly intelligent man who had reached the kernel of the human soul and gazed upon it. Such a man wielded the English language as well as any knight would wield a scimitar. His class of Faker denotes one as a ‘fabricator of truth’ rather than a fabrication in place of truth.This is a lie. He is a walking hoax.

Bond Level 4

Personal Skills

Appreciation of the Arts (Poetry) (E): If one happens to see a Noble Phantasm that possesses artistic anecdotes, there is a high chance that he or she might be able to figure out its true name. Its low rank limits him to English poets.

Bring me to Life (B): A poet does not simply write. A poet perceives life then replicates it on paper. Such is the curse of art that speaks to the truth of the soul and-hey Master, what are you doing here?

…What am I doing here? In the Servant File rooms?

Oh, y’know. Just…uh…updating my file…Faker’s life persists so long as his Noble Phantasm is intact, being reborn from the enchanted ink.

Where Black Stars Rise (C ): Right, where was I. Aw yes. Such courageous words require a suitable sublimation within the Holy Grail System. As such, whatever he writes he wills, and whatever he wills he writes.

Oh, the name? It is odd, yes. Obviously this is metaphoristically alluding to my inkwell being as pitch and as deep as the expanse between stars.Faker’s body is constructed of Outer Ink, a substance native to Carcosa. A vector of Hastur, influencing the world through simple ink on paper.

Bond Level 5

NPs

The Darkening Ecliptic
    Man’s Lusts and Soul Exposed by The Artist

Type: Anti-Self
    Range: N/A
    Max. Targets: 1 (Self)

Why it is nothing more than a collection of my works and stow of the enchanted ink that I use to make my words real. Nothing more, really. Just, uh, keep it in a safe place won’t you?

The Yellow King; Hastur
    Pitch-Given Form

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: ???
    Max. Targets: ???

Hastur, Denizen of Carcosa, King of Shepherds. It is through demi-mondes that Hastur influences The World, though to what extent and why is unclear. Of the Outer Gods, Hastur is comparatively benign. In fact, whatever Hastur is, it might be an enemy of the Outer Gods, rarely directly harming man. His preference of vessel is artists, transmitting his madness through the paint on canvas, the chisel on the block or the ink on the page.

This is the true form of Faker’s Noble Phantasm, a seemingly infinitely deep well of Outer Ink-blood of the Mi-Go, sworn enemies of Hastur. The substance also makes up Faker’s body. Destruction of the text means that death becomes permanent.

Madness influences the perception of his container, making him appear as though he were a Faker. Through the spreading of madness, an avatar of the Yellow King can be summoned. Faker doesn’t even quite understand what he is even doing, he only understands it as the World finally recognizing his artistic genius.

Bond Level 6

True Identity

Alas it is now time to reveal myself. I am the prolific Australian poet, Ern Malley. Unloved and unheard of in my own time, most of my fame was posthumous. It was the kindness of my dear sister that my works saw the light of the day. And never another greater poet ever would ever walk the Earth ever again.

My complete works, The Darkening Ecliptic, contain words unimagined in their imagination. Although I was already dead, I had elevated modernist art to a height never seen before!

…Hmm? I’m sorry, I don’t know anything about angry penguins. What a peculiar question.

Faker’s True Identity is ‘Ern Malley’, a fake poet created by conservative poets James McAuley and Harold Stewart as a prank at the expense of Angry Penguins, a modernist art journal. Their goal was to get ‘bad’ verse published in the journal and to show the follies of the modernist verse.

They succeeded, perhaps a little too well. One of the editor’s of the journal was convicted for publishing ‘obscene and immoral’ material. Australia’s modernist movement lost momentum and was embarrassed at large.

However, over the years, an appreciation for Malley’s work has grown and soon the fake poet overshadowed either of his creators’. Most of his poems are nonsense and considered ‘indecent’ for the polite world. They can be likened to the ravings of a madman. Why such a curiosity was engraved onto the Throne remains a mystery… An unperson; the perfect Cipher for Hastur’s will. Hastur’s preferred victim, those of the arts, made Ern the appropriate empty receptacle for Hastur; a barren well filled with the Outer Ink of Carcosa. He is now more of Hastur’s kingdom than of Earth.

Bond Level 7

Personality

I am a gentleman, a scholar and a great conversationalist. Though great my talent is, my humbleness knows no bounds! Faker is incredibly vain, thinking of himself alongside the other great poets of history, including Lord Byron, William Shakespeare, William Blake and Edgar Allan Poe. He is full of himself and thinks highly of his work, even though most of it is incomprehensible nonsense.

As a walking critique of art himself, he is very critical of others. He suffers from ‘foot in mouth’ syndrome and compulsively dresses people down. He is unaware of how bad his own poetry is supposed to be.

However, there is a glimmer of something warmer within his mixed up psyche. One cannot be sure how much of himself is either of his author’s or his own lingering wraith but it is unmistakingly human. Perhaps he is aware of his own nature and is attempting to overcompensate. Perhaps he himself has been driven mad…

Oddly, he loves pulling pranks on people.

Although he loves poetry he has no interest in producing new works, only critiquing others. He has taken up a poetry critique blog. His poor understanding of the internet has led to him believing he has a massive audience. In reality, he gets three hits at most per post.

Bond Level 8

“Greetings, Master. I am the Faker, Ern Malley. What new words shall we create today?”

(to Shakespeare) “I have always admired you, though I found your works rather derivative.”

(to William Martin) “Such a peculiar being. A life whose extensiveness does not extend beyond the pen and ink of bureaucracy.”

(to Hokusai) “Well met, fellow artist. Why you…I feel something kindly kindred with you. A similarity, just under the surface.”

(to Petrus and Catherine) “Derivative. Next.”

(to Nobel) “Honorable Sir Nobel, I would feel honored to honorably accept your esteemed honor…I’m sorry, what do you mean I wasn’t even nominated?”

(to Aristocles) “-wink- Call me~”

Bond Level 9

Craft Essence

Young Prince of Tyre

The stages of our story. He the dark hero
    Moistens his finger in iguana’s blood to beseech us
    (Siegfried-like) to renew the language. Nero
    And the botched tribe of imperial poets burn
    Like the rafters. The new men are cool as spreading fern.

Author’s Notes

Wake me up inside (save me)
    Call my name and save me from the dark (wake me up)
    Bid my blood to run (I can't wake up)
    Before I come undone (save me)
    Save me from the nothing I've become

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotcheroos View Post
    Quick question, where do I go to bitch about how finicky the formatting is? I can't even color text the damn collapse tags...
    To answer you, apply the color over the whole thing like this (imagine the parentheses are [ and ]):

(COLOR=????)(COLLAPSE=???)???(/COLLAPSE)(/COLOR)

And if you wanted what you see on the inside of the collapse to be a different color once you click on it you can instead do:

(COLOR=????)(COLLAPSE=???)(COLOR=????)???(/COLOR)(/COLLAPSE)(/COLOR)

EDIT: And of course everyone chimes in and explains already 1000x better than I do before I got to finish typing this out.
    Last edited by Spammin Spiff; October 16th, 2022 at 09:46 PM.

Obscure Servant Creator Scotcheroos's Avatar
    A famous political hellhole on Earth called America
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spammin Spiff View Post
    To answer you, apply the color over the whole thing like this (imagine the parentheses are [ and ]):

(COLOR=????)(COLLAPSE=???)???(/COLLAPSE)(/COLOR)

And if you wanted what you see on the inside of the collapse to be a different color once you click on it you can instead do:

(COLOR=????)(COLLAPSE=???)(COLOR=????)???(/COLOR)(/COLLAPSE)(/COLOR)

EDIT: And of course everyone chimes in and explains already 1000x better than I do before I got to finish typing this out.
    I was trying to do something more along the lines of (COLOR=????)(COLLAPSE=(COLOR=????)???)(/COLOR)???(/COLLAPSE)(/COLOR), to be honest

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotcheroos View Post
    I was trying to do something more along the lines of (COLOR=????)(COLLAPSE=(COLOR=????)???)(/COLOR)???(/COLLAPSE)(/COLOR), to be honest
    You can't, but you can get the exact same result doing what me and Spiff are saying. It just takes more work.
    And honestly? Not worth the effort imo, I'd just color the text and put the collapse on an icon (I did it before with Mizukume and plenty of others).

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    You can't, but you can get the exact same result doing what me and Spiff are saying. It just takes more work.
    And honestly? Not worth the effort imo, I'd just color the text and put the collapse on an icon (I did it before with Mizukume and plenty of others).
    Wish I could. The thing is that I'm trying to color part of the text in the collapse tag. I think a good example is something like this:

(COLLAPSE3=Cheeseburger)(COLLAPSE3=(COLOR="#FFD700 ")Double (/COLOR)Cheeseburger)(COLOR="#FFD700")Cheeseburger(/COLOR)(/COLLAPSE3)(/COLLAPSE3). Aka pain and agony

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh ok, in that case give up bro lol

Blog Entries
    So, the reason it won't work is due to how BB Code reads " and ' in relation to the code. The reason it gives you trouble is that whenever the code reads "] or '], it makes the assessment that it's relating to the first code you inputted. That's why you put one after the = and before the ] inside the code when you want to apply a code within the code, which is also why it only functions with ones that don't already possess a " or ' inside them, like with the COLORs having "s surrounding the numbers and adjacent to the ]. That's why this doesn't work.

[IMGhttps://i.pinimg.com/564x/ba/f7/a5/baf7a5e82a559c5ef82ac1c36e57fc4f.jpg[/IMG]]FAILURE

But this one does.
    SUCCESS

I talked with one of the people who made the code at one point, and there's no way to circumvent it unless someone were to go into the coding and set up multiple new triggers that only activate in newly specified parameters, something that would require a skillset outside most people's purview.
    Also, the other pic for those interested.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    So, the reason it won't work is due to how BB Code reads " and ' in relation to the code. The reason it gives you trouble is that whenever the code reads "] or '], it makes the assessment that it's relating to the first code you inputted. That's why you put one after the = and before the ] inside the code when you want to apply a code within the code, which is also why it only functions with ones that don't already possess a " or ' inside them, like with the COLORs having "s surrounding the numbers and adjacent to the ]. That's why this doesn't work.

[IMGhttps://i.pinimg.com/564x/ba/f7/a5/baf7a5e82a559c5ef82ac1c36e57fc4f.jpg[/IMG]]FAILURE

But this one does.
    SUCCESS

I talked with one of the people who made the code at one point, and there's no way to circumvent it unless someone were to go into the coding and set up multiple new triggers that only activate in newly specified parameters, something that would require a skillset outside most people's purview.
    Also, the other pic for those interested.
    So hypothetically, if I were to put ' in front of the =, and then " later on, it would only read the text marked by '?

Blog Entries
    [COLOR="#8B4513"]Boots[/COLOR]Test 1
    Interesting. Putting 's around "s, and likely vice versa, acts similar to using [noparse]. They don't function, but you can see them.

[COLLAPSE='"]Test 2[/COLLAPSE]
    This means they can't be substituted for one another.

[COLLAPSE='[URL="https://twitter.com/CenturiiC/status/1498639637619036164"]CALM[/URL]']Test 3[/COLLAPSE]
    Same test as 1 with a URL instead of color, which instead completely breaks it.

To answer the question, no.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    While on this Collapse Tags tangent, one of the things I've been trying to take advantage of with uploading Persona: The Beautiful to BL is trying to integrate Collapse Tags into it... and it's been a real hassle, occasionally a headache. Well, least I've always got 'Preview Post'

Blog Entries

Now then… where should I start?

Something… recognizable, yes.

Beautiful shores with white sand beaches and crystaline waters. The sounds of a festival and the smiles of truly beautiful people. Though they might be a tad too smart for their own good sometimes, I suppose the best way to show it would be with a familiar, carefree face.

“You got it boss.”

I will leave things to you then.

“Are you sure? You coulda just have popped in as yourself.”

Now where would the fun of that be?

“Heh, nice. Then you just lay back and focus on the art, I’ll do the talking. If those pobres coitados of Chaldea show up, what should I do then? You didn’t exactly make me with the skillset for this kinda thing.”

Just be yourself, the rest comes later.

“Well now, that I can do.”

Good luck, son.

“Now then, ladies and gentlemen. Children of all ages, the New World proudly presents to you, the smoothes voice and sharpest wit, combined with beautiful colors of bright golds and vibrant greens, he is the one who asks the burning question we were all begging to be answered.”

Have you been to Baía?

Guide to the New World

“Olá amigos! Sorry to keep ya’ll waiting. But you know how things are sometimes. Even a guide like me can get lost in the road of life, take a nap and find they forgot what they were supposed to be doin’. But dontcha worry folks, I have a spectacular program ahead of us!”

Class
    Other Classes
    Allignment
    Caster
    None
    Chaotic Good
    Height / Weight
    Region
    Source
    Indeterminate
    Brazil
    ‘Historical Fact’

“Drinking and dancing of course. Can’t get much better than that, I assure you! Why, that reminds me of that time I met Walt- I mean… the time I met Donald and showed him around.”

Dislikes

“Well, getting woken up from my naps is bad enough. And there’s always trouble whenever people decide to get nosy. So let’s not look too deeply in matters like these, yes? I am just a helpful cartoon sent to help guide you around. No need to second guess it.”

Attribute
    Traits
    Man
    Fairy Tale Servant, Humanoid, Male,
    Parameters
    STR
    E
    AGI
    E
    END
    E
    MA
    E
    LUK
    EX
    NP
    EX
    Command Cards
    Background / Personality

“Who am I? Well, I’m not exactly a Heroic Spirit. I’m a familiar that was made by the original to take their place. I have all the tricks and doodads of the original, sure, but everyone knows that Zé Carioca is just a cartoon from the 40’s. Being where we are… well… that just lets me play the same role I did in my debut.”

Zé Carioca was created by Walt Disney as part of the Good Neighbor Policy by Walt Disney.

His personality is originally that of a street smart dapper gentleman, capable of escaping trouble with wit, possessing a love for all things Brazilian and the capacity to always find a quick and easy, if not hastily put together, solution. As a clearly fictional being, the Zé Carioca here is in no way real. Rather, he is a familiar created by the machinations of another with the purpose of-

“Hey! Hey! I told you not to get nosy, amigo. For all intents and purposes I’m myself, got it?”

Ahem.

Since the narrator is being difficult, I suppose it falls to me to do my own entrance.

Saludos, Amigos!

I, the most fabulous Brazilian Parrot in the world, have come to tell you some about myself. Obviously nothing about me is real history beyond my rather impressive appearence in movies and properties associated with a certain friend of a friend who shall go unnamed for now.

Outside of my grand debut, there are other places where I can be found.

The Three Caballeros, for example! Such an example of good will between us American cousins couldn’t be found anywhere else in the world. And with things looking rough in this weird Lostbelt filled with Aztec folks of all things, I figured that someone who knows the terrain would help you get through problems easier.

Zé Carioca was made on my-

I mean.

Ahem.

I was made on the image of several people. From musicians to cartoonists to even folklore figures. Why, while impossible for me to be an actual servant, I still exist as a gestalt existence which includes all of them. Similar to the Phantoms like that Hessian Lobo guy, or that dandy old man who serves drinks.

One of each, please!

The real me, you ask?

I told you not to ask hard questions, man.

Bu yeah, you got me. I’ll put all the cards on the table. You see, while its true that I’m a familiar, there’s no way I could be summoned as me straight from the throne. That’s impossible, maybe that Mouse might be able to do it if he ever becomes public domain, but little ol’ me? No chance.

So where did I come from?

It’s simple.

See… I’m Walt Disney in disguise.

That’s totally 100% who I am. After all, if you think about it, only the creator of a drawing should be able to make something as life-like as a familiar like that. So I used my awesome drawing abilities to create a copy of Zé Carioca, or Joe Carioca for you gringos out there, gave him just enough of a personality to stand out, and then dumped all my abilities on him.

So, yeah, you missed your chance to meet the proper me.

Sorry, not sorry.

Class Skills

Item Construction -

This Skill has been merged with the personal Skill ‘Cartoonist’. Usually part of the Caster Class vessel, Carioca cannot use this skill as intended by a member of his own Class, but nonetheless possesses some knowledge in handcrafting objects such as clothes, hats, cigars and an umbrella of all things. How you can make a cigar from palm tree leaves and a honeycomb, is anyone’s guess.

Territory Creation A

To create an advantageous territory to one-self as a mage. Not that Carioca would know what to do with it. This Skill’s rank is high due to being connected to the Noble Phantasm of Walt Disney, or so says the Parrot.

Better trust him.

???

I told you to trust me-

I mean, him.

Personal Skills

Powerless Shell C

Cannot hide one’s presence as a familiar. However it becomes possible to hide one’s parameter’s as a servant as well as successfully bluff one’s way out of conflict. After all, Zé Carioca is but a fictional being given life through another’s power. There is no reason to believe he might be anything other than a simple familiar. Albeit an extremely unorthodox one.

Cartoonist ‘EX’

Replacing the Item Creation skill, Cartoonist is a similar yet specialized version focused on the famous artistic style of the late Walt Disney, Zé’s creator and real self. In a way, it allows the Cartoonist to create life-like versions of the characters and locations the famous artist is known for. The way it works is that it requires a certain amount of time and specialized tools to use, though at this Rank a simple pen and paper will do. Rather, just drawing what you wish on a clear surface is enough to partially manifest the intended result.

Primarily, this Skill serves as a way to create familiars similar to Zé Carioca, but it can also be used to artificially induce effects similar to those of Magecraft so long as the artist has the time to properly draw out the method and result they wish.

Self-Alteration C

A malleable existence, Zé Carioca can do anything and everything that his creator intended for him to be capable of, and that includes interacting with the world in ways that living beings just plain shouldn’t. While other Servants with this skill have appeared in the past, Carioca is plain incapable of changing his basic appearence, even if he can do silly and strange feats such as screeching his limbs as it they were made of rubber, or squeezing himself past the tightest of caps as if made of liquid.

So long as the end result is ‘funny’ or ‘entertaining’ the likelihood of him being able to do something is never zero. Though one should not expect the feats of a Pioneer out of a simple dapper Parrot.

Noble Phantasm
    Imitation Toon Force: World Rewriting Artistic License
    EX Rank / Anti Unit (Self)

Oh dear.

You seem to have caught up to me.

So? how did you like your traveling companion? I put a lot of effort into him, you know? Why, you should expect effort from someone as widely acclaimed as the great genius who revolutionized Cartoons.

You don’t buy it, do you?

I guess I’m not quite as witty as my creation. Not as good of a liar either. Though you shouldn’t think all Brazilians are like him. Most of us are decent folk, looking out to live our lives without starting trouble. I never got into much trouble myself so I never developed any street smarts or fighting skills. The most I can do is draw people who can actually do those things for you.

‘sigh’

Not much point in keeping up a charade now, is there? So, no, I’m not Walt Disney. Nor am I Zé Carioca’s creator. I am the man who was approached by the man when he was visiting Brazil because of how well I could emulate him. So good, in fact, that he invited me to go work with him.

An offer that I refused.

But because I’m such a minor local figure, I could never hope to properly materialize as myself, and the only Skill I have on par with Disney is my ability to emulate his art style as best as I can. So I created a copy of Zé to act as an avatar of sorts, and have been acting as his Noble Phantasm ever since then.

I apologize for the deception.

Now allow me to introduce myself properly.

True Name Bequeathment
    Class
    Other Classes
    Allignment
    Pretender
    None
    Lawful Good
    Height / Weight
    Region
    Source
    Indeterminate
    Brazil
    Historical Fact
    Lore

My True Name is José Carlos de Brito e Cunha.

Though I’m better known for my nickname, J. Carlos.

Born in 1884, I am a reasonably famous Brazilian Cartoonist, though I’m also known for other things such as making sculptures, writing theater plays, and Samba. A lot of people believe I was involved with Carioca’s creation because I mailed Disney a drawing I made of a parrot, which might or might not have inspired the creation of the iconic character.

But I digress.

As a Servant, I am weak.

Terribly so.

The only way I could help you all was by pretending to be Disney, and acting through a fake of the character I never created. Which is why the Pretender Class is where I fit best. I never disguised myself as someone else in life, either, so the most I could do was create something which could pretend to be Disney. Or well… pretend that he was pretending to be his creator.

It goes against my pride as an artist, but in this situation where humanity as a whole is threatened, even the bottom of the barrel leftovers like myself are scraping together whatever we can to help.

But that’s not what you are here for, yes?

Well now, let me illuminate you about some added details.

Skill Unlocked

Camouflage B

A simple trick, borrowed from a member of the Pretender Class. You could say that my ability to impersonate Walt Disney hinges on the believability of my copies of his work. Even though I no longer possess a proper body, this skill is what allows me to employ ‘Cartoonist’ and my own Noble Phantasm to be as effective as possible. So long as others believe that I am Disney, or rather, so long as my creation fools others into believing he ‘might’ be Disney, the more effective the lie becomes and the stronger my abilities will become.

Skill Ascension

Imaginary Hero A

A Skill belonging to my creation which remains active so long as the secret identity of the servant is maintained. Rather than Powerless Shell which hides his existence as a Servant, Imaginary Hero is a Skill which marks him as a hero who exists in the mind of a creator rather than the Throne of Heroes. Having been made as a copy of a fictional character, there is very little to support his existence but this skill makes up the difference by turning that nebulous nature into a malleable ‘hero prototype’ which can emulate and perform all sorts of heroic deeds.

So long as it is considered heroic, cool, or funny, a luck check is rolled to see whether the imaginary hero can survive or perform a certain task.

It is different from Pioneer of the Stars in that while the former makes it so no task is truly impossible, Imaginary Hero makes the possibility of an outcome higher depending on the belief of those around the individual as well as his own Luck. Barring extenuating circumstances where his true self is revealed… this Skill remains hidden while its functions run unnoticed.

Noble Phantasm
    Imitation Toon Force: World Rewriting Artistic License
    EX Rank / Anti Unit (Self)

Alright, now we can get to the good stuff.

‘Toon Force’ is a Noble Phantasm belonging to famous and well regarded Cartoonists such as Walt Disney and Stan Lee. Figures who most certainly have contributed to the creation of Imaginary Worlds where impossible deeds and brave heroes dazzled the minds of millions for decades.

As Noble Phantasm one could see it as a projector overlaying an image over a blank screen.

No, its not a Reality Marble.

Rather… you could say that its a Noble Phantasm which builds a shell around the environment before altering the shape of the shell to serve a purpose. Like say, turning the ground into an elastic trampoline, or painting a tunnel into a wall to make it possible to traverse through it.

The world isn’t changed. Only humans and those affected by Toon Force would be, creating a world where the user would be able to fight freely without restriction and dazzle the readers with tales of joy and adventure. Truly a power worthy of great artists who became founding stones for the medium.

I’m not one of them.

What I can do, however, is imitate Walt’s ability to do so. But only when I manifest the ‘hidden part’ of myself, the author behind the character known as ‘Pretender’. And by manifesting a become a tangible entity capable of being interacted with, which means I can be hurt and killed in this state. While before it would be possible for me to survive the destruction of the Hero Avatar I created, to reveal myself means that the curtain behind my deception is being pulled.

There is also a time limit to consider.

Once used, the Servant known as Pretender will be revealed to be no more than a charlatan borrowing from a greater artist.

And so I must take my leave from the stage.

Bond 10

“Say… do you like cartoons?”

The enemy across from him stilled, a look of confusion in their eyes. Not that he would blame them for it, not at all. Cartoons were such a modern thing after all, and a being of the past like this probably didn’t know anything about them. Never mind the fact that they weren’t even in the same timeline.

That was such a bother.

“What are you prattling about, bird?”

His enemy wasn’t human.

No matter how much he looked like a human, he was still a monster. One of Princess Kerana’s children. The Seven Monsters which at one time prowled the jungles, feeding on humans, spreading the ‘evil’ that was their mother’s love and sin. A being like this, yet so reminiscent of a human… really made him think back on a few important things.

“I’m just asking. Cartoons are pretty neat things, you know. They can do all sorts of wonderful things!”

They brought smiles to children.

They brought wonder to the world.

They were dreams, representing the way their creators saw others and themselves.

He wondered how a world like this, where beings like himself were impossible, could exist. It felt petty and arrogant, to assume a world like this might be lacking, but at the same time, a world incapable of dreaming and enjoying a good laugh wasn’t a world he could imagine himself enjoying.

A world where humans were back inside their caves.

A world where gods ruled from their golden city, pressing their boot to the back of humanity’s neck.

There was no room for joy in this world. No room for entertainment. No room for the wonders and innocence of childhood. No room for beings like him to take shape in the minds of people. It was a world devoid of anything but the bare essentials required for humanity’s survival.

And he couldn’t live with this.

Evidently, they couldn’t either.

So he had to take a stand.

“You’re as good as dead, ya know.”

The monster across from him was Jurupari. The ‘Most Human’ of Kerana’s children. Having a humanoid body with two eyes, four limbs, a head of hair. He looked, nonetheless, inhuman. And most tellingly, had eyes which glimmered with a malice that didn’t belong in the world he loved.

He laughed, twirling his umbrella.

“What’s so funny, bird?”

The Cartoon smiled.

“Life, really. It’s funny. A treasure trove of ironis, comedies and tragedies on repeat. Not being human myself, I can’t really comment on them, but at the same time… I can’t help but love the history that gave birth to me, you know? I can’t let it end just because a brute like you wants to put an end to the story before it reaches the last page.”

His Masters, bless them, ran away.

He told them too.

As far away as he could get.

“You’re really starting to piss me off, Bird. After I eat you, I’ll go and finish what I started.”

Pointing his umbrella at him like a saber, the Cartoon stood his ground.

“You will do no such thing, good sir. They still need to keep going. Keep running until they go back to their home.”

On the monster’s hand, a pair of wicked sickle formed from his own blood and flesh.

“You gonna stop me then?”

José Carioca breathed out.

And the world rippled.Behind him, two ripples in the air formed, as if the world had folded into itself, leaving a space of emptiness leading nowhere. And from behind that curtain… they appeared. Not one, but two hands. The hands of an artist. The hands of a creator. The hands of his maker and the hero who resolved to make his final stand.

“Yes. I most certainly will.”

Imitation Toon Force
    World Rewriting Artistic License

Last edited by Wyvern; October 17th, 2022 at 06:04 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think that's a miss Wyvern. Feels like the entire sheet is just trying to justify itself rather than portray the character and the concept. The Pretender reveal is so obvious I question why you wouldn't just start with that (or make it an Alter-Ego), since it'd give you more space to talk about him and his personality instead. The hero avatar is a nice idea but in execution it's just cartoon powers, which still feel misplaced in such a minor figure even if you point out all the ways in which he's inferior to Disney.
    The Bond 10 story also adds very little to the sheet, with the contextless conflict and the super quick last stand. You really needed to explain what's going on there, your setting lore is pretty popular but it's been a long time.
    I'm also surprised you didn't insert it in the middle of the sheet. At least then, the use of the NP at the end would be somewhat of a climatic reveal of his true identity. It feels like that was your original plan, since you even went as far adding that mechanic into the NP in the first place.

Blog Entries
    I mean, yeah? Of course the sheet is trying to justify itself. I'm not the one writing it, he is. He is just so bad at it that he constantly doubles down on it. It's written the way it is because the one writing it is the character themselves.

Blog Entries
    Little self-promo-y here, but I was wondering if you had any thoughts on my Cacareco sheet Wyvern, since y'know Brazil?

Ze Carioca and the Good Neighbour policy reminds me I actually have some plans for a Carmen Miranda sheet, of all things. Obviously not in this thread though, unless 'Fruit' ever becomes the theme of a later Contest. Also thought Noel Rosa would be cool to write

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    I mean, yeah? Of course the sheet is trying to justify itself. I'm not the one writing it, he is. He is just so bad at it that he constantly doubles down on it. It's written the way it is because the one writing it is the character themselves.
    I get it, but that's why I said it did that rather than developing his character. You inserted some fun stuff like his casual speech and constantly messing up, but overall I finished the read with very little idea of who he is as a person because so much of it is about who he is not or how he can be. A more extensive bio, for example, talking about his passion for art or why he refused Dinsey could have deepend his characterization beyond his speech patterns.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    THERE WILL BE BLOOOD SHED! THE MAN IN THE MIRROR NODS HIS HEAD!

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wait...Isn't this your third sheet for this contest?
    Gaze upon the Throne of Heroes!(Servant Compendium)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    Wait...Isn't this your third sheet for this contest?
    Yup. Had this in store and since it fit the requirements, I decided to put it in.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    Yup. Had this in store and since it fit the requirements, I decided to put it in.
    Wait that’s not allowed. You only have two sheets.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, reminding people I only posted Cacareco after retracting my first sheet because I deeply regretted submitting it