• Fujimura Raiga

13 16.25%
  • Other (please specify)

6 7.50%
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Nasuverse father

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Bad communication is the cause of a good 50% of the conflict in any of Urobuchi's work

Blog Entries
    Fujimura Raiga in double digits too. Assassins and gangsters are good parent material in Nasuverse, it seems.

lesbian witch from hell kay4today's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Bad communication is the cause of a good 50% of the conflict in any of Urobuchi's work
    that's why he's a hack

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Truth be told he still did tell her, in the chapter where he saved Rin, it was highlighting that Aoi wouldn't even bother Tokiomi about looking for Rin, and pointedly showed her hesistation when dealing with the issue, even with finding their daughter in Fuyuki as her thinking she shouldn't bother him. You'd think after hearing "he just said he was planning to get the Grail to help Sakura" is something she should report to Tokiomi, not "he just said he'd kill my husband" as the only thing you'd interpret from what he said. There were actually many ways to diffuse that situation frought with bad communication.
    I think it's more like "gonna kill ur husband" was the only thing he said that made any damn sense, since the stuff about Sakura was nonsense and he ignored her when she went "what????"

It was like "I'm gonna return your daughter for some undisclosed reason and also I WILL KILL YOUR HUSBAND", I think it's reasonable to focus on the part you understand.

God another fucking Kariya argument. It's like it's really 2012 again!
    Last edited by Kotonoha; May 2nd, 2014 at 08:22 AM.

Blog Entries
    but you're not denying that they're kind of shitty parents, right?

Blog Entries
    They're dumb but when you put them next to Kariya they look downright reasonable.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    They're dumb but when you put them next to Kariya they look downright reasonable.
    i dunno, you can excuse his craziness in the war with "lol worms and torture etc.", what could he have done before that?

Blog Entries
    "Hey Aoi or even Tokiomi, are you aware that Zouken is likely using worm rape to acclimate your child to the Matou blood, a fact that I am in a position to know as I personally come from that family and know its secrets? Oh, you WEREN'T aware? Well, now you know, so you can do something about it. Nice talking to you."

Blog Entries
    And I heard Kariya and Tokiomi used be pals in high school or something. He should be willing at least to listen if he's not too much of scumbag, right?

Ultimately, we can blame everything on brain damage from lolworms.

Blog Entries
    "Hey Aoi or even Tokiomi, are you aware that Zouken is likely using worm rape to acclimate your child to the Matou blood, a fact that I am in a position to know as I personally come from that family and know its secrets? Oh, you WEREN'T aware? Well, now you know, so you can do something about it. Nice talking to you."
    eh, Kariya probably thought they knew that

I mean what kind of incompetent parents would give their daughter to someone they know nothing about? clearly he gave them too much credit

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kay4today View Post
    eh, Kariya probably thought they knew that
    BECAUSE HE'S DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMB

Blog Entries
    Also a vagrant, hobo and a pedophile.

Blog Entries
    BECAUSE HE'S DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMB
    well, Tokiomi didn't seem surprised at all when he saw Kariya vomiting up worms and stuff so clearly he knew something about Matou magecraft and that it's probably fucked up

and do we know that Tokiomi would have cared about worm rape if he thought it would make Sakura into a "super rad magus lol"? he seems kind of amoral to me

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCaptainKatsura View Post
    Fujimura Raiga in double digits too. Assassins and gangsters are good parent material in Nasuverse, it seems.
    As the saying goes, "in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king"

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    it all makes sense once you realize his priority is not saving sakura but being the guy who saved sakura
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Honestly while Aoi plays a big part in his motives I can at least give him that inch. That he at least actually wanted to save Sakura.

He's not calculating. Uro described him as a (am i still allowed to use that word) chuuni, he really wanted to save the day and make everything alright without thinking about how he could accomplish it.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kay4today View Post
    well, Tokiomi didn't seem surprised at all when he saw Kariya vomiting up worms and stuff so clearly he knew something about Matou magecraft and that it's probably fucked up
    He basically said himself that he thought Kariya being fucked up was because he was trying to suddenly become a magus out of greed for the grail after a lifetime of being a normal dude with no training. Like "wow you really want the grail this much that you'd do this to yourself? What a piece of shit"

and do we know that Tokiomi would have cared about worm rape if he thought it would make Sakura into a "super rad magus lol"? he seems kind of amoral to me
    There's a whole chapter of the novel where it goes on about how Tokiomi was horrified that one of his kids was probably doomed to be in mortal danger due to not being the heir of a family, and how the Matous were a godsend because they prevented that, but he still felt guilt over the girls not having a choice to become magi or not. The entire irony of the situation is that he tried to protect her from terrible shit happening to her but inadvertently led to terrrible shit happening to her. So yes he'd probably care.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Would Tokiomi even listen though. Kariya turned his back on his mage roots. To him Kariya is like the worst thing you could possibly be. He would probably think he wants to screw Sakura over and take his position back or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I am confused by all this Mordred talk.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    There's a whole chapter of the novel where it goes on about how Tokiomi was horrified that one of his kids was probably doomed to be in mortal danger due to not being the heir of a family, and how the Matous were a godsend because they prevented that, but he still felt guilt over the girls not having a choice to become magi or not. The entire irony of the situation is that he tried to protect her from terrible shit happening to her but inadvertently led to terrrible shit happening to her. So yes he'd probably care.
    and yet he never cared enough to make sure that Sakura was actually, y'know, okay. so either he's the stupidest guy in the Nasuverse or Urobuchi is a really shitty writer.

And what's Tokiomi's priority? Is being a super rad awesum family heir with good magicxz more important than her being actually happy?

Blog Entries
    Yeah it's more like

Save Sakura and give her back to Aoi: Good goal! Sure!
    Also, kill Tokiomi: ????????