Page 63 of 200 FirstFirst ... 13535861626364656873113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 3986

Thread: Super Tsukihime Remake Spoiler Thread

Right. Any theories about the bandage so far from the Japanese?

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Well... that was a trip...
    That Normal Ending completely bamboozled me. I felt my body go cold when I read that.
    Thankfully the True End was there to save the day. But it felt kinda bloated, especially the Shiki portion of it. The battle just wouldn't end.

I'm still processing a lot of what I read but I think I like this more than the original Near Side? The only real issue I have is that Vamp!Noel and Arach don't really mesh well design-wise with the rest of the cast but the content, especially Noel's, more than makes up for it.

I think my favorite sequence is Ciel's resolution scene, when she breaks out of Noel's Mystic Eyes. I think it was a great deconstruction and reconstruction of the character that brought to the forefront everything I like about her. And it was accompanied by an absolutely masterful piece of music.

I'm only left wondering why exactly they went so big on the powerlevels here, cuz this is gonna be followed up by the Far Side which is not even remotely close. Unless they pull some real shenanigans in the finale of Sacchin's route.
    burn your dread you coward

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Wasn't Near Side always higher in scale than Far Side? Also, Nasu could decide to buff up the half-oni characters in light of the oni servants in FGO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Yes, but the difference now is staggeringly high.
    I mean tge original never got to End-of-the-World stakes, so the transition from Near to Far is going to feel particularly jarring for those who do not already know what's coming.

I expect some buffing, yes, but nothing even close to what Near Side got. So I think the whiplash will still be there.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I mean, Arach on her own will probably increase the scope by a lot when she does anything.

Speaking of the oni, I hope Far Side gives us some good stuff really connecting the original oni lore from Tsukihime with the stuff we have since learned from FGO.

Finally, speaking of Near Side, does the whole Luminous Body Arcueid thing retcon Watch and her Archetype-Earth stuff, or do those forms require her to still have a physical body?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

I'm sorry if this question has been answered before, but what is the reading for Arach's name 阿良句寧子? Araku something something?

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Arakku, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I mean, Arach on her own will probably increase the scope by a lot when she does anything.

Speaking of the oni, I hope Far Side gives us some good stuff really connecting the original oni lore from Tsukihime with the stuff we have since learned from FGO.

Finally, speaking of Near Side, does the whole Luminous Body Arcueid thing retcon Watch and her Archetype-Earth stuff, or do those forms require her to still have a physical body?
    I do wonder how she'll factor into the Far Side since she deals in vampire, which are pretty lacking in that part of the VN. Roa doesn't manifest in SHIKI over there.

Probably will, didn't know FGO started talking about demons... I just can't get rid of that thing even in a Tsuki discussion OTL

Good question, hard to tell for now. I'd say no...? The Astral Body is more something ""biological"" that happens when a True Ancestor's body is destroyed (which means they gave Ciel an actual win against Arcueid, which is probably the most unbelievable thing in the remake), whereas something like Archetype: Earth is a personality thing... I think... Maybe I should've done MB a bit slower...
    Last edited by TomPen94; September 12th, 2021 at 06:16 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alienncoww View Post
    I'm sorry if this question has been answered before, but what is the reading for Arach's name 阿良句寧子? Araku something something?
    Araku Neko.

Yes.

(Arachne-ko)

Other than Arach I feel the other designs sort of fit into Tsuki. We'll see how she is in the Far-side. Ideally she might be sequel bait or spinoff bait in the end tbh.

Also isn't it possible that instead of being Sumire, she could be a successor of Sumire?/a Greater Dead Apostle of her? If we're going to go down that line of thinking. The ability of overcoming the weakness to water could after all be a trait passed down or made inherit with her blood after all.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Other than Arach I feel the other designs sort of fit into Tsuki. We'll see how she is in the Far-side. Ideally she might be sequel bait or spinoff bait in the end tbh.

Also isn't it possible that instead of being Sumire, she could be a successor of Sumire?/a Greater Dead Apostle of her? If we're going to go down that line of thinking. The ability of overcoming the weakness to water could after all be a trait passed down or made inherit with her blood after all.
    A Rank VII who possesses the means of turning people into Rank VIII?

I think it will be easiest for us to work under the assumption that Arach is one of the 27, anything else seems too hard to swallow.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Soo... in the end which rank did Noel get? I thought it was Rank VI?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    Soo... in the end which rank did Noel get? I thought it was Rank VI?
    Noel was Rank VI, yes. That was how far she was willing to go. But the narration explicitly mentions that Arach's injections can take you to Rank VIII.

すべて使えばⅧ階梯―――真祖すら寄せ付けない、祖に手が届く死徒の頂点にまで上り詰める。
     だが、一本で一度の死。
     それを乗り越えるだけの魂の許容量が自分にはない事も、死徒になった『彼女』には理解できて いた。

Noel however, instinctively understood her soul would not withstand that level of dosage, so she didn't go that far.
    Last edited by Petrikow; September 12th, 2021 at 10:41 AM.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    A Rank VII who possesses the means of turning people into Rank VIII?

I think it will be easiest for us to work under the assumption that Arach is one of the 27, anything else seems too hard to swallow.
    but she can walk on day.

even as ancestor they are still weak to sunlight.

unless she modified herself since it's her specialty.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Shiki's half-vampirization still left him completely fine in the sunlight. There could be a multitude of reasons as to why Arach can do what she does.

I think Araku would be the reason Sacchin turning into DAA.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    The one thing I want from Far Side is to flesh out that old claim that the relationship between oni and half-oni is similar to the one between the TA and DA.

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There's this throwaway line during the advanced DA course that says that sometimes DAAs take a fancy to non-humans and the result is a VIII rank DA. It seemed oddly specific, makes me wonder if we'll see one of those anomalous VIIIs soon.
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Noel was Rank VI, yes. That was how far she was willing to go. But the narration explicitly mentions that Arach's injections can take you to Rank VIII.

すべて使えばⅧ階梯―――真祖すら寄せ付けない、祖に手が届く死徒の頂点にまで上り詰める。
     だが、一本で一度の死。
     それを乗り越えるだけの魂の許容量が自分にはない事も、死徒になった『彼女』には理解できて いた。

Noel however, instinctively understood her soul would withstand that level of dosage, so she didn't go that far.
    I see. Then Arach is most likely one of the 27, Sumire or otherwise.
    She must be very good at collecting blood without raising news headlines.

Araku might have business like Rita.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    There's this throwaway line during the advanced DA course that says that sometimes DAAs take a fancy to non-humans and the result is a VIII rank DA. It seemed oddly specific, makes me wonder if we'll see one of those anomalous VIIIs soon.
    祖の中には吸血鬼ではないものを見初めて、いきなりこの階梯まで引き上げてしまうモノもいる

As a slight correction. Not "non-humans" but "non-vampires".