Page 65 of 200 FirstFirst ... 15556063646566677075115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 3986

Thread: Super Tsukihime Remake Spoiler Thread

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Lol, that actually makes the most sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    The only kind of vampire who would actually care about that would be a vampire incel though.

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

US Friend Code
    so Roa

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    pretty much, lol

If a vampire has to worry about anything regarding their victim, it would be how their diet affects the taste of their blood or something like that. Only someone's who's already got a weird obsession with the celibacy of others would look at their victim and think "man, this one's not a virgin. What a bummer."

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    TBF I wouldn't want the sandwich I'm about to eat possibly contain AIDS

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    HIV can be passed down from mother to child and also be acquired via non-sexual ways.

- - - Updated - - -

And vampires are already undead, how would a virus that attacks the immuno-defense system affect them in any way whatsoever?

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    HIV can be passed down from mother to child and also be acquired via non-sexual ways.

- - - Updated - - -

And vampires are already undead, how would a virus that attacks the immuno-defense system affect them in any way whatsoever?
    In Vampire the Masquerade, if you feed nonlethally, you can spread diseases around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Mathematically speaking it would make her Rank VII, I suppose? Arach only left her with 1 extra for "emergencies" after they were done with the initial transformations.

Either way, it's clear that she couldn't handle it, as she pretty much breaks apart at the seams after injecting it. I guess she knew her limits, and that's why she stopped at Rank VI.
    Ah ok, then I guess Arach kept one vial.
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    In Vampire the Masquerade, if you feed nonlethally, you can spread diseases around.
    Pretty sure thats a flaw you can take in 20th anni edition too. That diseases fester in your mouth. Though it's been a while since I looked at it.

Pretty sure the virgin blood idea stemmed from classic vampire tropes like Dracula. Why did Bram Stoker included this concept into his story? Who knows. Perhaps it may have something to do with the society he lived in during his time. Many writers from then on begun paying homage to this archetype in their stories.

JP Friend Code
    I don't think it was mentioned in Dracula. Just that Dracula prefered the blood of women. I'd have to reread again. If it was mentioned then it was a throw away line and not part of the plot. The women in the book are supposed to be upright victorian women of purity so Mina and Lucy were virgins anyway, even if adaptations keep showing lucy off as a horny degenerate. All cause she laments in the book she can't pick all 3 of her desirable suitors but I digress. Given that in more modern stories vampires are often tied to sexual taboo and are creatures who corrupt their victims it makes sense that they would prefer to prey upon those who would be considered "pure", which virgins in supernatural horror stories are normally portrayed as such, cause symbolism and metaphors.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Do vampires hunt children for their virginal blood or does it *also* have to be someone sexually mature
    Last edited by Zork Knight; September 12th, 2021 at 07:39 PM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Kids are hors d'oeurves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

I think the brides of Dracula actually drank children's blood... or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoker View Post
    Given that in more modern stories vampires are often tied to sexual taboo and are creatures who corrupt their victims it makes sense that they would prefer to prey upon those who would be considered "pure", which virgins in supernatural horror stories are normally portrayed as such, cause symbolism and metaphors.
    Yeah.. I also don't remember if it was ever mentioned to be virgin only in Dracula. Like you said, the women that Dracula preyed on just happened to also be virgins so it could've been mere coincidence. Corrupting the "pure virgins" could be a decent explanation, and the symbolism/metaphor could refer to the sexually repressed society of the time. But anyways, vampire fiction stories have always been soaked in sexual undertones from the very beginning.

In the early chapters, there's a bit where the brides are going to feed on Harker, but Drac gives them a kidnapped child instead because he wants to keep Harker alive a little bit longer.

Dunno who else they might've eaten; I only got a few chapters in. But I remember that much because it was creepy as hell.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Presumably men they lured into the castle with their corpsly charms

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    The virgin thing has to do with the first vampire novels being published during the Victorian period. Modern vampire stories can have all the sexual undertones they want without placing so much emphasis on virginity.

Y'know what's a classic vampire trait that we should explore more instead? The bit about vampires only being able to enter a house if they're invited.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I've mostly seen that trait used as a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

The virgin thing has to do with the first vampire novels being published during the Victorian period. Modern vampire stories can have all the sexual undertones they want without placing so much emphasis on virginity.

Y'know what's a classic vampire trait that we should explore more instead? The bit about vampires only being able to enter a house if they're invited.
    Yea.. I really have no strong feelings about the virginity thing. It was just a little origin history of vampire eroticism being born out of repression that I found interesting. The invitation requirement is a funny trait that wasn't used in Tsukihime. I remember Arcueid slipping into Shiki's home while he was asleep without invitation. Nasu included traits such as no reflection, no crossing running water, and... maybe that's about it. I think Arcueid was also somewhat allergic to garlic? Well, of course there's also bloodlust but that's a must when it comes to anything vampiric. Everything else can be switched, removed, and played around with.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Buffy did a bunch of stuff with it. Stuff like characters dying because they had a welcome mat out. Or that time in Angel when he's leaning again an open door while his human friends search a victims apartment, only for him to fall through when the victim dies on the operating table.

I miss good Buffy/Angel. There was a bunch of heavy handed allegory episodes in the first few seasons, but when it got going it was great.
    Last edited by Mattias; September 13th, 2021 at 12:03 AM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Blood View Post
    Yea.. I really have no strong feelings about the virginity thing. It was just a little origin history of vampire eroticism being born out of repression that I found interesting. The invitation requirement is a funny trait that wasn't used in Tsukihime. I remember Arcueid slipping into Shiki's home while he was asleep without invitation. Nasu included traits such as no reflection, no crossing running water, and... maybe that's about it. I think Arcueid was also somewhat allergic to garlic? Well, of course there's also bloodlust but that's a must when it comes to anything vampiric. Everything else can be switched, removed, and played around with.
    There are a few other traits included though:

- Hypnosis = Mystic Eyes
    - Turning into animals = Familiar
    - Disappearing into mist = Super old and strong vampires can do it, but most of the time it's just a puppet being remotely controlled with magic, so when you cut off the connection it turns into mist and disappears

The interesting thing about mirrors is that the problem isn't the mirror itself, but silver, which is a shared weakness classic vampires have with werewolves. Old mirrors used silver backing to achieve reflection so a vampire wouldn't show up on it (technically speaking, werewolves also wouldn't be reflected on those mirrors, it's just not a common part of their mythos). Modern mirrors use other materials such as bronze, aluminum, or copper. So technically a vampire would be able to see their reflection on the surface of a modern mirror.

The same logic applies to cameras: photographic film has silver in it, so a vampire wouldn't appear on a photo taken by a non-digital camera, but they wouldn't have any issue with digital cameras.

(An alternative explanation as to why vampires have no reflection is that they're dead and therefore have no soul, which makes no sense cause it implies inanimate objects have souls)