Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast

Thread: (Bi)Monthly Rework-a-Servant Contest

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Hey friends! Time for the third try. Let us see how many still participate
    this is the prompt by our fair lady WF

Cavalry Class
    In a Holy Grail War, Servants are, usually, divide into two categories: the Knight Classes which are made from the Saber, Archer and Lancer Servants, and the Cavalry Classes, made of Servants from the Rider, Caster, Assassin and Berserker Classes. Show us your best Servant of these four latter Classes.
    What is the deadline?

Servant Sheet Compilation
    Pronouns - She/Her
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

Blog Entries
    22nd, everything is explained in the first post
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    22nd, everything is explained in the first post
    Thanks; might have just enough time to redo my least favourite FGO Servant.

Servant Sheet Compilation
    Pronouns - She/Her
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rider
    Semele

Source

STR: C

END: D
    AGI: B+
    MAG: A
    LUCK: A
    NP: EX
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (B+): A skill that grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. At this rank, spells with a chant below three verses are cancelled. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for Semele to be affected. Semele can use rituals sacred to Zeus to temporarily strengthen her magical defence.

Riding (n/a): Semele does not possess this skill due to her Machine God Priestess skill

Personal Skills

Divinity (A): The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels one is treated as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a monster rises. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called "purge defence" in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith and Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig. Semele was raised to the status of a minor goddess after her death, but was already semi-divine before, as the granddaughter of Aphrodite.

Machine God Priestess (A): A skill that represents someone who is a high priest or priestess of one of the Twelve Olympians. It allows for direct communication with the gods, and due to their former roles as machines, it gives them a natural affinity with technology. The potential to pilot giant robots. Despite being a Rider, Semele lacks the Riding skill, and cannot pilot other vehicles without instruction. Only giant robots. But really, that’s all she needs.

Advent of Thyone (C): A hybrid of the skills ‘Mad Enhancement’ and ‘Goddess Metamorphosis’. Possessing this skill allows Semele to enter into a frenzied state in battle. When forced to battle outside of a vehicle, she transforms into her role as “Thyone”, the goddess of religious frenzy, and queen of the maenads, the mad nymphs of Dionysus who would tear people to pieces with their bare hands. Semele forgoes weapons, entering into a berserk state and flinging herself at her opponents, ripping at them with her nails and devouring them with her teeth. In this state all her parameters receive a massive boosts, as do her Divinity and Magic Resistance skills.

Affections of the Gods (B): A skill indicating Divine Favour that causes a rank up in perimeters. Semele's rank in this skill comes from her relationship with her son, who loved her enough to rescue her from the Underworld after her death. At this rank, all parameters apart from Luck and Mana are ranked up. Dionysus is concerned for his mother’s well being, and will accompany her when she is summoned, acting as her Noble Phantasm.

Noble Phantasms

Ignition Key Thyrsus
    Large-Scale Recreation Vessel Dionysus Control Panel

(Anti-Army, A+): The Thyrsus, the symbol of authority of the god Dionysus, a silver sceptre wrapped in vines and topped with a symbolic pine cone. It is a control key for Semele’s true Noble Phantasm, representing her being the mother of the youngest and oldest of the Olympians, the Pseudo Demi-Machine God Large Scale Recreation Vessel Dionysus, the only one of Zeus’s many children with a mortal to be a true god from the moment of his birth, when his mother was consumed in Zeus’s lightning. A fusion of mortal and machine, he takes the form of a mechanical spaceship that his mother pilots. Dionysus is a non-combat vessel, his half-mortal form making him more fragile than the other machine gods, and he lacks the power of even the weakest of the Twelve Pillars, and has been weakened further in his summoned state, being only slightly more powerful than an average Servant. Nonetheless he compensates for this with his speed, his power over vegetation, especially vines, and most dangerous of all, his Authorities as god of ecstasy and madness. While he fares badly against non-sapient targets, against living creatures he is arguably more dangerous than the Data Warfare Vessel Aphrodite.

Dionysus

Terminal (source)

Aletheia (source)

Download Keraunos
    Interstellar Mobile Fortress Flagship Communications Terminal Semele

(Suicide, EX): Semele’s second, forbidden Noble Phantasm, representing the moment of her death, when, upon being granted one request by Zeus, wished to see him in his full divine splendour for just one moment. Unable to withstand his radiance, she was reduced to ash, leaving only her unborn child Dionysus behind. Semele recites a prayer to Zeus, whom she worshipped in life, and plunges the Thyrsus into her own chest, merging with it to become a fusion of human and machine. Upon completion of the incantation, she becomes a terminal through which the power of Zeus, World Discipline Keraunos, manifests, a breath of lightning that erases everything it touches and turns it to ash. An ability potentially with the power to destroy a star, though Semele cannot use it at this level. Her conceptual core is consumed by this attack, and she sublimes into nothing even as the lightning strikes.

"Establishing connection... Initiating communication protocol... O Lord of Thunder, O Father of my Child, hear my prayer, sworn are you to fulfil my desire... Reveal yourself to me!... Power source detected... Initiating soul overwrite... Preparing final attack... Such radiance, such brilliance... Lord Zeus... Conversion to terminal complete... Charging 80%, 90%, 95%... To you, I give my everything! Download Keraunos!"

Lore
    Rider is Semele, one of the many, many lovers of the god Zeus and with him the mother of Dionysus, the god of wine, revelry, madness and debauchery. A princess of Thebes who was also a priestess of Zeus who was seduced by him in a disguise, Semele was induced by a jealous Hera to force Zeus to appear before her in his true form. Unable to withstand his divine aura, she was reduced to ashes on the spot, leaving behind only her son, who ascended to become one of the Olympian gods. Afterwards, Dionysus rescued her from the Underworld and placed her as the leader of the maenads, the frenzied nymphs who followed him. Under the new name Thyone, she led the bacchanals in her son's honour.

Due to her newfound status as a maenad, Semele is cheerfully hedonistic, but retains the proud demeanour of the princess she once was. She is slightly gullible and despises being deceived as a result; anyone who tricks her becomes a target for revenge. As both a princess and a goddess, she will see herself as above her Master, and will expect them to obey her and not the other way around. Her wish is to usurp Hera's position as the consort of Zeus, in revenge for the goddess's role in Semele's death. A somewhat foolish woman. She is resentful of the fact that as a Servant she is more closely linked to her mortal life than that of her divine self.

Dionysus is an easygoing and fun-loving god, and will largely act passively, handing most of the control over to Semele. Should his anger be roused however, he is capable of all kinds of inventive cruelty.
    Last edited by asterism42; March 9th, 2022 at 03:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What a coincidence this was posted at basically the same time as my own Machine God-linked sheet. Overall very good. Referencing the Machine Gods to make Semele a mecha-pilot is a crazy awesome idea, and I can definitely see how you wove elements of her FC into the character. I have to say though in the first NP there seems to be a small contradiction where you say Dionysus was a full god from birth but also call him "half-mortal" later in the description. Although maybe that's just when summoned?

Blog Entries
    Dionysus is a full god who's half mortal. They're not mutually exclusive things.
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

Blog Entries
    The affection skill names her lancer
    I think thats your first sheet since I am here.
    It is a really cool idea and good execution to let a mecha pilot become a servant

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    The affection skill names her lancer
    no it doesn't

we've always been at war with eastasia

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    no it doesn't

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries

O Master, it is not easy to manage a new horse. If Allah willing I live, there will be several other occasions to talk to you. Right now I cannot address you. You know that I am not good at conversing.

Class: Caster
    True Name: Uthman ibn Affan
    Place of Origin: Arabia
    Alignment: Lawful Good

Parameters:
    STR: D
    END: B
    AGI: C
    MGI: B
    LCK: E
    NP: A

Class Skills

Territory Creation (C+ Rank):Uthman was rather known as a building and refurbishing many mosques and institutions through his own pocket alone.

Item Construction (B Rank):Uthman was the most successful merchant in Mecca as many items came towards his possessions.

Personal Skills

Generosity of Guilt (EX rank): Uthman has been always been a generous man but that generosity was constant guilt of his fortunes. He always curses them throwing every last coin he has on gifts for the poor and his close of kin. Though some of his gifts incited great number of ill rumors'

The skill acts as a passable golden rule that bless the target with great fortune and luck in their endeavors especially off trade and politics. Often has a side effect of inciting rumors' and jealousy for the target.

Holy Codification (A rank): The codification and standardization of the Quran was a monumental feat of compiling many different styles and readings of the Quran into a single codified way of reading it.

The skill grants Uthman the ability to modified many different types of magecraft to make it easier or harder to use. He can prolong its duration or lower its casting time. He can also combine two different magecraft that have similar effects. Picking apart attribute that he preferred into his own magecraft.

The Golden Well of Charity (B+ Rank): The Well that Uthman bought the first time for the emigrants of mecca at medina. This well was the source of water and life for many people their early years in Medina.

This skill allows Uthman to tap into lay lines much effectively and be able to pump out mass quantities of Mana from the earth.

Noble PhantasmNoble Phantasm: Dhun-Noorayn
    The Twin Guardian Lights,
    Type: Fortress (Self).

This Noble Phantasm of Protection, Uthman calls upon the twin spirits of his wife to provided him shelter and sanctuary. The two lights of his life in the middle of all the emptiness that he feels in this world. This Noble Phantasm would reinforce any structure into a large multi layered bounded field is one of solitude and tranquility. This Noble Phantasm came from his title of the same name in that he was married to of the prophets daughters and at the end of his life where the last people that protected him are his wives.

Misc Lines

Likes: What I like, well is all of you here in Chaldea. I think of you guys as my extended kin.

Dislike: What I dislike, that is a simple one is this (Toss out a coin). No matter I what do with it. It always comes bit me in the end, all the troubles in my life can be attributed to that though there are some exceptions in which I say my thanks to Allah.

The Holy Grail: It is sinful for me to wish upon such a thing but I did wonder what it can do to fix my past. Not that it matters anymore I deserve that fate.

Event: Oh, you planning on holding a festival, I hope these donations will suffice in my part.

Bond LinesBond Line 1: Ah Master, what are you doing here. Uhm, to check on me but where are my manners here have something to eat wait just a second.

Bond line 2: Master, are you sure it’s okay with me being here. You have a lot of great fighters here then there is me. It’s okay you say, right sorry to bother you.

Bond line 3: Master, you asking me if I am hungry. Servants, don’t really feel that plus I am use to live a very spare and modest life. So, this is really nothing for me but if you’re inviting me out to eat. I wouldn’t mind.

Bond Line 4: Being here in Chaldea make feel like I am doing better and thanks to you master that I have found in new path here, so thank you for that.

Bond Line 5: Here master (Gives Ritsuka a gift). I saw you looked very interested in that a few days ago and I know there isn’t any festivities going on right now. But think of it as a little token of gratitude for having me here. I am hope it’s to your liking (Runs off somewhere)

Relationships

Abu Bakr As Shiddiq : Hello, there old friend. I mess up big time, I let it all slip underneath my hands do you think I could have done it better. I know there is no going back and change things. But still, I can’t help but wonder.

Umar Ibn Khattab: Ahh, Umar. Hey, look I am sorry that I overturn your policies. I didn’t really think that far ahead. Yes, I guess hindsight is 20-20. I see, your fine with it as long my attention is good. Okay, then I won’t worried about it much longer.

Aisha Bint Abu Bakr : Hello, there Aisha. You want me to you call you Mother. Yes, technically you are my mother-in-law but uhm. Let just I say it’s awkward to say it to you when you’re in that form.

Hussien Alter: Looking at that boy, I can’t help but to curse myself. All of that rage and anger was because of me. If things had gone differently with my rule but no matter how much I regret it. It won’t change what happen.

Gilgamesh: Let me asked you something. King Of Heroes what do you see in these wealth’s that collected so dearly. All I see is the piles of useless metal and rocks that cause me so much torment in life then thereafter.

King Servants: Tell me something, what kind of legacy would what your rule to be remember by.

Craft Essences

Servants of Chaldea

"O the Servants of Chaldea you are the backbone of Humanity. If you stray from the right path, the others will also stray. Therefore maintain the highest standards of integrity. Beware that if Master come to know of any dereliction on your part they could exile you. Though In this respect your pleas will be entertained. You know that in the previous regimes those who strayed were put to death. Master will overlook your petty lapses, but such conduct which is volatile of Humanity will not be tolerated. Things are happening which Master do not approve either for you or for myself. I will have to be very cautious. You should also be careful. Reform your tongue. When the tongue is restrained the heart is purified. When Master sees Their men making efforts to reform their gets pleased. They becomes wroth when He sees the people bent on mischief. Servants should therefore try to reform themselves."

Last edited by Ismail2002; March 22nd, 2022 at 06:04 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Asterism, I honestly think that's a fairly fun take on the character, well done. Ismail, it's nice to see you continuing to develop your own style, as well as going back to some of your earlier servants.

Honestly, I would love to participate this month (since I feel I could honestly make my Berserker Jezebel sheet a bit better), but I have no idea where to start so I doubt I'll be able figure out something in time.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar
    "Uh hey, looks like we've been called but why am I-"

"Ahem, greetings, we are Rider, however this useless man will be doing the majority of the problem solving so work him like a dog."

"Wait a minute-"

"Shush, take this opportunity for what it is."

True Name: Deborah and Barak
    Class: Rider
    Alt. Class: Caster, Ruler
    Alignment: Lawful Good/True Neutral
    Region: Israel
    Source: The Bible
    Armament: Sword

Parameters:
    Strength: D/C
    Endurance: D/C
    Agility: D/B
    Mana: A+/D
    Luck: B/C-

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance A
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancel spells of A-Rank or below, no matter what High-Thaumaturgy it is. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a "Magus Killer".

Riding A
    A Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. All vehicles and all creatures but those of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast-rank can be used as mounts. This rank is high enough to have an aptitude for the Rider Class.

"I am quite handy with a chariot."

"Wait, you are? Huh, guess I should've let you drive the chariot too."

"And let you just hang about being useless? Not a chance."

Personal Skills:

Implacable Charisma A
    A variation of the Charisma for those who stern countenance and unyielding words cannot be dismissed. Also grants boosts to one's mental resistance. Given her relatively aloof demeanor, she frequently used this cultivated skill when dealing with those who consulted her while she was "on the job".

"I can attest that she has quite the tongue on her. And that look she has sometimes; very scary, I assure you."

"You…think I'm scary?"

"No, no! It was just some things I heard others say."

"...Right."

Prophetess of the Palm Tree A
    A skill that represents the daily prophecies that Rider herself had done under the shade of a palm tree during her time as judge over the twelve tribes. It allows the summoning of a palm tree that allows Rider to exercise her clairvoyant abilities. It was originally a noble phantasm but degraded into a skill due to being in the Rider class.

"Stand still, I need to focus."

"Wait, why?"

"Because you are to act as my new palm tree."

"How does that even work?"

By Her Side B+
    A proximity based strengthening skill. Barak will operate as if all his parameters are one rank higher if Rider is nearby his area, and two ranks higher if she is in close proximity. A risky maneuver that relies on Barak's abilities to protect Rider from harm.

"I have no problems with this arrangement."

"Yeah, we did face an army together. Though, the enemy might be much stronger this time."

"And so will you."

"...Heh."

Glory Resignation A
    The will to give up any chance of personal glory. It was said that Barak would not ride in without Rider by his side. She had told him that his victory will belong to the hands of a woman in turn but he nonetheless accepted such an outcome. A curse-like that renders Barak unable to deal any sort of mortal blow that would immediately fell the enemy.

"...Not like that matters in the end."

"So you think."

"I guess you got something cooked up then?"

"Of course I would."

Noble Phantasm

Song Of Deborah: With the Lord's Will, All Of The World Shall Turn Against You
    Type: Anti-Army

The first noble phantasm of Rider, representing the victory song that she and another sang after the defeat of the invading army. It creates a High Thaumaturgy Bounded Field that creates a reproduction of the entire surrounding area where it was summoned. Coming from the idea that "Even the stars of the skies and rivers of the land will come and make themselves an enemy of you", the false land of the Bounded Field is an environment utterly hostile to any entity deemed an enemy.

Buildings would collapse on them, tree roots rip themselves from under the ground to skewer their bodies, and small celestial bodies will rain down from the heavens. It is not a noble phantasm imbued with the idea of "creating an army" but one with the idea of "creating an enemy".

It is not something that can be casually released as the intent that has been made with summoning it is the desire to save.

"So that's what you had? Seems over the top."

"That is not it. This one is more subtle."

"Subtle how?"

"As subtle as you can get with a nail through the skull."

Jael's Nail: Glory Designation
    Type: Anti-Unit

The second noble phantasm of Rider. The final strike that ended the strife of Israel during Deborah's time as judge. Not delivered by the sword of a military commander like Barak but at the nail pounded down by the woman named Jael. It is something intrinsically tied to Barak who due to his rejection of chance for personal glory had given up the right to kill any of his opponents.

Once Barak defeats his enemy, they are marked for death at the hands of a third party. The marks the victim receives lays dormant until Rider activates it by summoning a mallet in her hand. Raising the mallet, a nail-like pillar of mana will emerge and proceed to unceasingly head towards the enemy for a sure hit kill.

"That wasn't subtle in the slightest."

"What're you complaining about now? The enemy is dead."

"I mean yeah but still."

Personality

Rider has a stern personage that constantly snips and derides people in range, it goes especially for those who let others do the work. However, this is not out of genuine malice but out of worry of the maternal sort. She had to keep up the image of a spice tongued lady due to the unapologetic sinfulness of the era she lived in despite her feelings.

This also goes for the one she involuntarily brought with her in her summoning though she will unhesitatingly disguise it as wanting "someone with a flexible definition of what counts as a win condition". She cares for him in a way that many would mistake for love but in truth, his existence is a valuable support pillar among everything else. She would pester him into action, mock his laid-back countenance but would nonetheless refuse to be anywhere but his side in combat.

"Treat him well, would you please? Quite ironic to say, I know. But he is my friend."

The man she brought along displays himself as an easygoing man. He is also someone who can confidently describe himself as a coward who has little chance to contend in a battle with a True Hero and so is forced to rely on his allies. He holds a great amount of care and respect for Rider, something reciprocated to the point he was pulled into the summoning with her, something, he believes, should be impossible. His existence, in his view, is little more than a phantom that happens to exist as part of Rider's saint graph, lingering as a result of strong feelings. It is due to this that he worries for her safety in battle, more due to his views on his ability to protect her rather than any inadequacies she may have.

"It's called the Book of Judges, not the Book of Barak, dammit! Tsk, don't tell her I said that."

Bond CE

The Judge and her Jury

"Fufu, that last battle has really roughed you."

"Ugh."

"...Well, it's time that we best get going. So come on…get up."

Whether the slight shift in her voice was heard or not. The judge's jury rises with a groan, and she is delighted. An odd relationship they had. Close yet undefined as love. The one who called another's name, and the one who answered by coming to their side. A Judge and her Jury.

“Barak, thank you...for your faith in me back then.”

“No problem.”

So here's my contribution to the contest. This is basically my first ever entry into this kind of contest. It's another oldie revised with my current knowledge in writing and understanding of platonic relationships.
    Last edited by Vance; March 13th, 2022 at 10:15 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Deborah and Barak:
    Aye I remember the original sheet. I thought that one was great, and the revision just made it better. They have a pretty fun personality too. It is a great sheet.

Blog Entries
    I second that
    Who could forget the "creating an enemy" NP?

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Ah. Such nostalgia. My first truly beautiful Servant. And yet, despite how much I love her
    she deserves better.

Ritsuka dashed down the rain covered streets, Mash close behind him. The streetlamps flickered in the foggy day as they moved past the old and worn buildings. They finally ducked into a somewhat hidden alleyway, pressing their bodies against the wall while a wave of automatons roared past in a clanging cacophony.

“There’s no end to them. We can't fight them all."

As Mash spoke, the street in front of them suddenly vanished behind a wall matching the buildings they stood between.

"I would hope not. It'd be much better to take them out at their source."

Mash and Ritsuka whirled to look down the alleyway, coming to face a woman flanked by two large men. The woman's mouth quirked as she spoke, broadening into a grin.

"They may have strength in numbers, but they're only as useful as the hand that wields them. Like my bodyguards. Big and strong, but with the snap of my fingers."

The men disappeared.

In the end, it's all a matter of perspective.

Source
    Other Classes: Assassin
    True Name: Halifax ‘Hali’ Slasher
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Place of Origin: Historical Fact (?)
    Height: 170 cm.
    Weight: 64 kilo.
    Dislikes: Ignorance. Being forgotten.
    Natural Enemy: The Clocktower

Parameters:
    STR: E
    END: D
    AGI: C
    MGI: A
    LCK: A

Class Skills:
    Item Construction (C):
    Specializing in illusory magecraft, Caster’s inherent ability to construct magical items is only at average level.

Territory Creation (B):
    Caster has the ability to create a mansion that everyone in the surrounding area remembers as having always been where it is placed. This mansion is a replica of the one she lived in when training in magecraft with her adoptive father, one she often creates with an illusion of the man himself within.

Personal Skills:
    Illusionism (A+):
    At A Rank, the introduction of nightmares unto the realm of the psyche is a matter of course; and even within reality, an illusion on the scale of a single village may be manifested with ease, to the end of successfully beguiling humans. At this level, it is even possible to go beyond people and deceive the environment.

Mass Hysteria (A):
    A Skill born from the many cases of mass hysteria she created wherever she went. This Skill makes those around her more susceptible to mental effects, allowing Caster’s illusions to have an even greater sway over them and their environment. It also allows her to instill certain feelings toward the illusion in those affected by it.

Appreciation of Literature (B):
    Caster’s fervent study of all books she could obtain and her devotion to collecting knowledge has gifted her with a massive amount of information to draw on. If any Heroic Spirit is a prominent character in literature, there is a high chance that Caster will be able to identify them.

Human Observation (B):
    Having spent most of her adolescent life carefully observing people and spending the majority of her adult life doing the same has given Caster insight into those she sets her sights on, being able to discern their character and actions to a certain degree. This Skill, however, is only effective on adult targets, as children are something she failed to understand even when she was one.

Noble Phantasm:
    Monster Without a Name: Crime Without a Criminal (A)
    Anti-Army/World

The culmination of her family’s magecraft she perfected in her life. An illusion more powerful than any other. So great it rivals a Marble Phantasm, this Noble Phantasm is Caster’s own perceptions being afflicted upon the world.

Connecting directly into the world’s memory, this Noble Phantasm tricks the world into believing an illusion she creates is actually reality, causing it to enforce it by providing it materials required for its existence. Monsters will be given flesh and bone. Weapons forged with steel and fire. Buildings constructed of wood and stone.

With this Noble Phantasm, Caster can create weapons of nearly any shape and size, all with the power of a B ranked Noble Phantasm, or even manifest creatures and beings that obey her commands. These creatures range in power, and it is even possible to create the illusion of a Heroic Spirit, though in a very diminished form compared to their original power.

When the illusions are destroyed or Caster dismisses them, the gap it creates in the world’s memory causes it to correct itself, changing how the event happened in its consciousness to solve the discrepancy. Save for Caster, this affects all beings connected to the earth’s collective consciousness, causing strange gaps and variations in their own memories of events related to the illusions.

While there is a limit to how many illusions she can manifest at once, said limit is about the same as creating an entire village of said illusions, meaning she is not likely to reach that limit during most encounters.

Lore
    In 1888, the world was introduced to Jack the Ripper. The Ripper struck fear into the heart of London as a faceless shadow hunting through the night, rising from the darkness to mutilate his prey before fading away once more. Even after his disappearance, he remained burned into the minds of the world, reminding them that no matter how brightly they light the night, the shadows will always conceal unknown dangers.

Amongst the fearful citizens, one girl, whose name has been lost to time, was not afraid, but truly amazed.

An orphan struggling to survive, the girl had an insatiable desire to learn, often times going hungry when forced to choose between reading or finding food. Despite her intelligence, there was little chance for her to become more than she already was. She would likely die on those streets she was raised on.

That was, until she met the Ripper.

Bearing the dubious honor of not only witnessing one of the murders, the girl was fascinated by the equally small killer carving into a body. Such a horrid act committed with such a placid look on her face. The girl couldn’t help but wonder what it was the girl saw. Then, the two beings, one twisted by her existence and the other by desire for knowledge, met each other’s eyes, and went their separate ways.

But the girl needed to know. She needed the answer to what the Ripper saw.

While the streets cleared and the officers roamed the alleyways in search of the killer, the girl found more texts to read, nearly starving herself in her insatiable thirst for knowledge. Little did she know that something even greater was growing in her.

A magus, their name just as lost as the girl’s, had discovered that the killings of Jack the Ripper were caused by a creature of magical nature, hunting down and eventually ending its sad existence. During this time, he also discovered a small girl whose eyes brimmed with intelligence and whose body pulsed with magical energy. An unlikely, if not absurd, discovery among the husk of Whitechapel.

Bearing no heir of his own and a recluse by nature, the man took this unanticipated chance to continue his lineage. Of course, the possibility of failure was high, but he’d take it as a learning experience if so.

The girl, for her part, saw this as little more than a means to pursue her own desires. Their relationship was little more than an exchange, something she was familiar with. Her gaining access to more and greater knowledge for becoming his heir. Simple.

Finding the girl had a natural affinity for his family’s magecraft and had survived the Crest transfer, the magus taught her everything he knew, the two growing fonder of each other with every passing day. What had originally been an arrangement of chance and convenience become a bond they cherished.

The girl flourished under his tutelage, making her own innovations on his magecraft and advancing faster than even he had. She even experimented on him, much to his irritation and discomfort whenever he realized it. Still, he was proud of how well his heir was performing, assured that his lineage was secured.

However, he would be proven incorrect when, in honor of the girl she saw all those years ago, she turned London into her testing grounds, culminating in the two-week long terror that was the Halifax Slasher. An illusion so real it could interact with the world around it, affecting it as though it truly existed, and vanishing without a trace or memory.

Had it only been that one time, the Clocktower might not have taken note, but the woman traveled around, experimenting in a variety of ways to see the extent of this power she discovered. It all ended when the bell of the Carillon Observatory tolled.

A Sealing Designation had been placed. She evaded them for a time, refusing to allow herself to be taken from her research. Sadly, one can only run for so long, but that did not mean she would go quietly. In the struggle, despite their best efforts, they damaged the parts of her body they desired beyond usefulness. Her Crest was the only thing recoverable, so they retrieved it and left what remained.

As though she too was one of her illusions, the world, magus and human alike, forgot about her, but not what she had done.

That is, except for one man. A man who took what remained of her and gave her a proper burial at the home where they both truly existed for the first time. It was only after that man finally died that they both truly faded away.

Just another case of hysteria. Just another thing people experienced that never truly existed.

Personality
    Caster is a figure always seen in a cheerful, contemplative mood. She comes off as a thoughtful, if somewhat distant, researcher who's just as likely to ask you about your day in the same breath she injects you with a needle. A thirst for knowledge tempered by social grace.

She has a refined manner of speech, born of preference rather than upbringing, and adores conversation of any sort, though she prefers to listen rather than speak. She often spends her time either talking to Servants that were brilliant minds in their time, learning from them as she did from her adoptive father and books, or reading in the Chaldea library.

More than anything, she loves discovering new things. She loves experimenting with new magecraft, magic, and science that other Servants bring to her attention. She also has a habit of bringing in other people as test subjects, a fact that has made more than one Servant and chaldean wary of her, especially when she asks for a favor.

Underneath it all, though, is a desire to be remembered. A want to do something that makes a true impact on the world as she was unable to in life. To have a name that echoes beyond her days, and to be truly seen in the eyes of others. Sadly, this is impossible, and she is well aware of that fact. Still, if such a drive was able to bring her to this point, then maybe a bit more can push her that last little bit farther.

Relationships

Jack the Ripper(Assassin): Jack... Do you remember me? I realize it's been a long time. ...Please?

Servants who were prolific writers: I love your work. Why did write it? I want to know all the details.

Nursery Rhyme (Caster): To have been brought into existence and cemented in the world's consciousness by another. To be born in such a way must have been quite the experience.

Maxwell's Demon: Fascinating. A demon created by people's perceptions and desires. It seems the "Devil's Proof" enforces my belief.

Viking of Stamford Bridge (Berserker): I see you also are without a True Name. Are you not saddened only your deeds are remembered? ...Yes. Having both would be preferable for me as well.

Phantom of the Opera: Another without a name. Perhaps our descriptors and deeds are all anyone truly cares about. What a worrying thought.

Sasaki Kojirou: You bear a name that is not your own? Is a human's existence so worthless it can be substituted this easily?

The Halifax Slasher: *watches him walk away after he finishes his rant* How fascinating.

Hansi Scharff: I could say the same for you, Oh Master Interrogator.

Little Red Riding Hood: It must have been very difficult for you. If you wish to talk about it, my door is always open to you.

TARRARE (Foreigner): You poor, brave child. You should be allowed your innocence, as is the right of every child. What a truly despicable being to steal that from you.

Descartes' demon: An illusion made conscious and manifest. So many possibilities. I would love a demonstration.

Roberta Hooke: It truly hurts to be forgotten in spite of your achievements. I still must say that I envy you.

Vivaldi-Aeolos: How cute~. Are you scared of our similarities? Maybe you should discuss it with that armchair psychologist, since you clearly don't want to talk to me.

Craft Essence

A Question of Perception

There once was a girl who had nothing but her mind. No one knew of the mind, so the girl had nothing.

The girl had a family, but never knew them, so they never existed.

The girl had a name, but no one knew it, so she was simply “that girl”.

That girl would soon die, but no one cared, so she was already dead.

But a man discovered her mind.

A man gave her a family.

A man learned her name.

A man gave her life.

A man and a girl shared their knowledge.

A man and a girl loved each other.

A man and a girl called the other’s name.

A man and a girl lived for the first time.

And then they were forgotten.

Did they ever actually exist?

Much better.
    [Saya no Uta - Sabbath]
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; October 25th, 2023 at 03:36 AM.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries

Source
    "Boudica of the Rider class has answered your summons. No matter what sort of challenge awaits, victory is assured if you would but stay close to me, Master."

Class: Rider
    True Name: Boudica
    Height and Weight: 174 cm / 62 kg

Source: Historical fact
    Region: Europe, Britain
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Attribute: Man

Parameters
    Strength: C
    Constitution: B+
    Agility: C
    Magical Energy: D
    Luck: D
    Noble Phantasm: B+

Biography
    Legend
    In the 1st Century, Boudica is the Young Battle Queen of Britannia. At the end of a vicious invasion where she and her daughters were disgraced by the Roman Empire, Boudica caused a rebellion with her spearheading the various kings of Britannia as she would not forgive the Romans, and although she made military gains for a while and overwhelmed the Imperial Army, in the end, she lost to Emperor Nero's army, losing her life in the process. In future years, she became the legend of a "Queen of Victory" in Britain.

Character
    Dislikes: Rome
    Talent: Rousing speeches, home-style cooking

A cheerful young lady who has matured into mother and a warrior queen. Due to the vagaries of the Heroic Spirit summoning system, Boudica's physical appearance from the time when she gave birth to her youngest daughter. She holds absolute confidence in herself and her ability to attain victory, though this is something borne of years of experience as a queen who wished to defend the things precious to her no matter what. With regards to other people, she comports herself as both a queen (judging each one according to their own works) and as a mother (willing to cheer on and walk with people on their journey to self-realization). Boudica is ferocious and utterly unafraid of death while in combat, but during times of tranquility, her foundational characteristics of being gentle and nurturing take center stage.

Boudica loves nature, and believes that humans realize their own worth best when working in harmony with nature. What she hates is the unnecessary complexity, gradual loss of autonomy, etc. that comes with living in "the big city", all of which she has found in, and has come to call, "Rome".

Boudica's wish to the Holy Grail is "for Britannia to be peaceful". Because Britannia was becoming a little harmonious since her lifetime – at the time when she was approaching her death – her heartfelt belief is not only for the British people to co-exist with the Celtic gods and the Fairies, but also for people and children of different races to live and laugh together in paradise, and it would be good for her if it becomes like that. (Even if she will not say it at all, she sheds large tears with pleasure, knowing that her wish is gradually being realized.)

Relationships
    Master
    Boudica comes into contact with her Master as "a queen who must will attain victory", but by strengthening the bond between them, the Master can discover that Boudica is really a gentle Servant who will even worry about "Am I not trying hard enough?"

Roman Servants
    Due to Boudica's policy of "hate Rome, not the Romans", she does extend some degree of leniency to Servants whose origins lie in Rome. However, since Roman Heroic Spirits tend to be sovereigns, military commanders, etc. who embody the imperium's virtues, said leniency gets used up relatively quickly.

Nero
    An opponent Boudica is not pleased with. They have the worst compatibility, because although Nero represents everything Boudica hates about Rome, the way the Emperor was raised makes Boudica want to be more lenient with her than usual.

British Servants
    They are like Boudica's distant children, so her stance is foremost that of the doting mother, instead of the warrior queen.

"Having said that, do you want to eat galette?"

Artoria and the Knights of the Round Table
    Boudica regards that queen and those knights as the people whom protected Britannia, and she loves each and every one of them, whom all tend to be adorable cats, as her "younger sister" and "younger brother" whom succeeded in doing what she could not do. In honor of their efforts, Boudica tries to make her affection known in more covert ways, like having her baked goods delivered to their doorstep instead of giving it to them up front.

"Now, now, you've done such a good job protecting our shared home, haven't you? Having said that, do you want to eat galette?"
    Class Skills
    Magic Resistance: D
    Protection against magical effects. Boudica is able to nullify Magecraft spells that have a one-verse chant.

Riding: A
    Ability to ride mounts and vehicles. One can freely handle all vehicles and beasts except for those with a Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast ranking.

Personal Skills
    Battle Continuation: A
    The ability to continue combat. Combat is possible even while bearing injuries that place one on the verge of death, and they can remain alive so long as they do not receive a decisive fatal wound.

This was not a talent Boudica had in life (indeed, it was recorded by various historians that she died shortly after being defeated by the Romans), but is instead the amalgamation of her dedication to protecting the things she loves, as well as the blessing of Andraste to "keep fighting until victory is achieved".

Oath to the Goddess: B
    An oath to Andraste, the Goddess of Victory in ancient Britannia. It grants a plus modifier to attacks against opponents one has determined as enemies whom they must triumph over. In Boudica's case, the modifier comes into play only against opponents that are affiliated with Rome.

Victorious Charisma: B+
    A variant of the Skill Charisma. In addition to the usual bonuses, allies temporarily become immune to mental interference and have their combat performance improved tremendously while fighting along Boudica, Britannia's "Queen of Victory" who is also the favored one of Andraste, goddess of victory.

Noble Phantasms
    Cerbyd Buddug: Chariot of Unpromised Protection
    Type: Anti-Army Noble Phantasm
    Range: 2-40
    Maximum targets: 50 people

The Chariot of Boudica whose proper form is that of a chariot drawn by two fine horses. It represents Britannia, and as Britannia is a symbol of protection, it boasts a high durability. By releasing its True Name, the chariot makes its appearance and protects Boudica and her comrades.

Although it has acquired a flight ability by receiving the divine protection of the Celtic gods, the offensive power of its charge is not particularly high. Its proper use is to function as a "shield" to protect comrades.

Incidentally, the figure of Boudica driving the chariot can even be seen in modern times as a bronze statue in London, at the Thames Path in the Westminster area.

Cwningen Andraste: Hare of Unpromised Victory
    Type: Anti-Army Noble Phantasm
    Range: 2-60
    Maximum targets: 75 people

The Hare of Andraste that was used by Boudica during her final battle to predict whether or not the Celtic host would be victorious-- or not. While said animal did indeed exist, what this Noble Phantasm embodies is instead Boudica and her allies' desire to win, which she wields to become the "hare" that determines victory or defeat.

Upon True Name release, Boudica becomes cloaked in flames that are the crystallization of "the burning conviction that razed Londinium to the ground" before racing toward the enemy camp. If used in conjunction with the first Noble Phantasm, its flight ability is revoked to strengthen the offensive power of the chariot's charge attack, thus giving third parties the impression of a giant flaming lawnmower.

Author's Notes
    Earlier in the month I thought that I'd like to try and make-over a vanilla Servant for this contest instead of doing over all of my sheets all the time. My first instinct was to remake George because good grief his profile did not age well. I'll still tackle his sheet in the future, but for now I looked to something a little outside of my comfort zone and a lot more in need of revision.

As can be reasonably expected of a launch Servant, Boudica's overall showing is awful. Her design is generic, her big-sis personality is generic, her gameplay sucks because Mash exists, Sakurai surgically attaches her mouth onto Nero's sorry, wrinkled, hemorrhage-ridden ass in Septem, and to top it all off, she still doesn't have a swimsuit variant. I can't fix those last three parts (or can I?), but I can sure as hell try for the first two contentions.

Boudica's mats as written by Sakurai paint the picture of a defensive Servant who likes taking care of others. Aside from the personality, these are things the historical Boudica is not; the whole reason the Brits love her is the way she had the Romans soiling themselves from how brutal she was, for crying out loud.

That said, I tried to work with the stuff Sakurai wrote while injecting references the historical Boudica wherever possible, including giving her NPs names closer to the language she originally would've spoken. I hope it pays off.

P.S. Goodbye and good riddance to Sword of Boudica. You will not be missed.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I appreciate a Boudica remake that actually makes her a more nuanced character rather than just giving a hateboner for Romans. And yeah, the sword NP was really lame. Definitely did well in replacing that.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Caster of the Illusory Paradise
    -- The Lone Witch Entrenched in Lies --

"Geez, how bothersome... A war? I'd rather go back to my previous life as a shut-in... Oh well, the fact that you summoned me of all people must mean you recognize my greatness, as it should be. Fine, I'll play along, at least for now. Servant Caster, Alcina, the Great Witch of Illusions, has answered your summons. Now, let's make sure this little story ends up with a happy ending for the two of us, shall we?"

Source

"To love, and to be loved in turn... I can't say I understand those things completely, but such romantic fairytales are wonderful, don't you think? How I envy them..."

Other Classes: -

True Name: Alcina
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Origin: Orlando Furioso

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: C
    AGI: B
    MGI: A
    LCK: C

Dislikes: Her representation as a villain, public displays of affection
    Talent: Magecraft (illusionism), creating "stories"
    Natural Enemy: Bradamante, Angelica
    Armament: Magic wand, spellbook, potions
    Catalyst: Fragments of a shattered clay jar

Class Skills
    Territory Creation (B++)

The Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana. Despite tales of her transforming a deserted island into her own personal paradise, this transformation was achieved through the use of illusions rather than "true" Territory Creation, which explains why this Skill isn't ranked higher. The creation of a "temple" is possible, but only when there is an existing territory (be it a building, a certain landscape, or an entire island, with enough mana) to be used as a basis. Without it, only a simple mage's workshop can be created.

"A desolate island in the middle of nowhere, lair of the great witch herself... Well, impressive as that was, I'd rather not go back there. I have nothing but bad memories of the place now. You know, it's like having a favorite place to hang out, then one day there was a big fight or a messy breakup there that ruined the vibe of the entire place even centuries afterwards. I don't mind shutting myself elsewhere, though. Creating a five-star resort or a quiet tropical retreat shouldn't be too hard for someone like me, so long as there's an existing place to get started."

Item Construction (B)

The Skill to manufacture magical items for various purposes. A magus well-versed in various fields of magecraft, it would not be an exaggeration to call her a jack of all trades, master of one (namely her illusionism). Thanks to her vast knowledge, Caster is capable of creating a wide array of items ranging from weapons, concoctions, familiars, and even small golems.

"Living alone in that island does get boring after a while. My cousin came to visit sometimes, but aside from that, I have plenty of time to hone my magecraft. Experimenting with potions, building golems, training birds and rats as my familiars... at first I thought that was all there is to life; I never really desired anything else there, until that day..."

Personal Skills
    Illusionism (A)

A Skill denoting excellence in the art of illusion within the field of magecraft. Caster's greatest talent, in life, her illusions could encompass an entire island, and could only be dispelled through the use of a magical artifact that shows its users how things really are, or by destroying an object represented as the source of her powers. This Skill is more effective now that she manifested as a Servant, since she could simply absorb mana from her surroundings instead of storing them in a singular object. At this level, it is possible to go beyond people and fool the environment, essentially bending the world's very textures to her whims to a limited degree.

"Ufufu, bow before the great witch herself! My illusions are so convincing that even I can't tell the difference sometimes! Hahahaha... haha... man, that's depressing. The thing about illusions is that at higher levels, it's almost indistinguishable from the real thing. In the end, maybe that whole plan backfired, and I was the only one imprisoned in that world of lies. That love may not be real, but I hopelessly yearned for it all the same."

Self-Modification (Psychological) (B)

A variation of her standard Illusionism, optimized for manipulating the human mind. Normally, this Skill's effect is limited to manipulating the the emotions of herself and those around her, manifesting as spells that could induce a calming effect, suppress, or aggravate existing emotions. That said, based on legends of her turning failed suitors into animals and plants, a more powerful application of this Skill allows her to alter another individual's self-image. For example, she could use a spell to convince someone that they are actually a tree, and they would stand as still and quietly as one. Due to... a certain paladin who fell for this trick, these effects are especially effective on those who conceal their gender. A weirdly situational buff that could prove useful nonetheless.

"Er, pay no mind to that last part. It really was a mistake for me to invite that guy. Anyway, as much as I hate to admit it, this Skill isn't perfect, at least compared to my other illusions. Why? Um... I don't really know myself. Maybe it's because despite everything I'm capable of, the human heart is still one of the few things I couldn't understand. It's seemingly weak and filled with ever-changing feelings on the surface, but deep down, there are some things there that just wouldn't bend or break no matter what. Things like, say... a certain Saracen knight's feelings towards his loved one, for example. W-Well, it's nothing. I've always known that it's useless for a villain like me to dream of such sappy romance fantasies anyways. Yeah, let's leave it at that."

Witch's Romance (C-)

The misguided love of an innocent young maiden, combined with the cruelty of a terrifying witch who would not hesitate to punish suitors the moment she got bored of them. A Skill similar to low-ranking Mental Pollution and Single-Mindedness, protecting Caster against mental attacks through her single-minded obsession towards achieving her "happy ending". On another note, she claims that this skill comes with a curse that weakens her powers the more she genuinely falls in love with someone. It is uncertain whether this curse truly exists, or if it was simply a self-imposed mental block born out of her unwillingness to hurt Ruggiero back then...

"Guh, true love! My one conceptual weakness! Anything but that! Come to think of it, isn't it way too cliched for a villain to be defeated by the power of love!? Seriously, though... their love was so stupidly bright and warm that it made me sick, because it made me realize that there won't ever be a place for me by his side. Still, a happy ending for someone like me, huh..? I know I should keep my expectations in check, but if such a thing is possible, um... Let's just say I wouldn't be opposed to it."

Noble Phantasm(s)
    False Utopia Painted with Love and Lies
    Miraggio Avalon

"Ufufu, I see. Of course you would desire such a thing. Then allow me to conjure this imperfect paradise just for you. Even if your happiness is built upon nothing but lies, I pray that you spend the rest of your days here drowning in love. Now fall into eternal bliss! Miraggio Avalon!"

Type: Anti-Mind
    Range: 1-200
    Max Targets: 1 person

Caster's feat of capturing and brainwashing the hero Ruggiero through the use of her illusions. The witch turned her island into his personal paradise; everything he could wish for was there... everything except one thing. It was only thanks to the powerful love he shared with his lover Bradamante that the hero could break free of this illusion. It was the witch's own twisted way to express her love. In other words, a warped attempt to emulate the concept of love, performed by one who has no understanding of it.

In truth, the spell was something she picked up from her cousin. It was originally a sealing spell used to confine an individual within an inescapable place for an eternity, but due to only hearing firsthand accounts of said spell, combined with her lack of mastery on that specific branch of magecraft ("W-What? Lack of mastery? No way! I just, um... I have a different creative vision compared to my cousin! Yeah, that's it! That's the only reason!"), she cannot fully replicate the original spell. Rather, she repurposed it, using her mastery over illusionism and mental manipulation magecraft to create a weaker, yet arguably more versatile variation of said spell.

In essence, a personalized shadow of Avalon based on the contents of one's heart. Upon its activation, Caster marks an area as her designated "Pseudo-Avalon", and one individual as her target. From there, the target's heart is scanned, and a bounded field is imposed upon the world to reflect its contents. Thus, a false paradise filled with love, hope, and personal fulfillment is established. Within this bounded field, all of the target's senses are manipulated to enforce the image of paradise. They may encounter long-lost loved ones, people they yearned to meet, opportunities to realize their dreams, and so on. While these experiences are nothing more than illusions, the target's deceived senses will make them feel extremely real. Caster can only trap one person at a time in this illusion of paradise, meaning that others may interfere with her "script" and bring the target back to their senses. However, while she cannot create another paradise simultaneously, she could use her mental manipulation magecraft to "invite" these other individuals to play the "supporting cast" in the initial target's fantasy. Furthermore, she can freely integrate herself within these fantasies to further manipulate the target. Finally, so long as the target remains in the area, they will be completely incapable of performing any hostile actions. Their parameters are significantly weakened, weapons will fail to manifest, and offensive techniques will fail to trigger. After all, if you're truly happy... what else is there to fight for?

This Noble Phantasm would be automatically cancelled the moment the target steps out of the established territory, rejecting this ultimate paradise offered by the witch. Of course, Caster would do everything in her power to prevent that. One would need an extremely potent Anti-Magic ability to shatter the illusion. Alternatively, similar to the two heroes who managed to defeat her, one would need some sort of intense emotion that reminds them of the outside world, be it love, longing, hatred, or any other powerful desire for something that not even the Great Witch of Illusions can provide. Possessing those feelings would cause "glitches" in the illusion, gradually undoing it. A paradise of lies that crumble the moment something genuine enters the equation.

Lore
    Once upon a time, there lived a powerful witch who ruled over an island on a hidden corner of the world. The witch had everything she wished for; a place to stay, books to deepen her knowledge, and time to hone her talents. She never yearned for anything else. The affairs of the outside world never mattered to her, and no matter how many times her cousin invited her to come to Britain or join her at the Reverse Side, she always refused. As times changed, ages passed, and kingdoms fell, she remained content in living her day-to-day life in her island.

...Well, she did get bored sometimes, and the stray travelers who somehow made it to her island made for the perfect distraction. She toyed with them, leading them on and subjecting them to various "tests" to prove their loyalty, only to turn them into plants or animals the moment they failed her. Eventually, a legend was born from those who barely managed to escape her clutches; legends of a hidden island ruled by a terrifying witch who seduced men and turned them into her playthings. The world saw her as a villain, but the witch couldn't care less. Once again, affairs of the world outside her island never concerned her. That was, until one fateful day...

Prologo
    One day, the hero Ruggiero was stranded on the island following a storm. The knight had no idea where he was, and his (well, his fiancee, to be exact) hippogriff was too injured to take flight, he knew he needed a place to stay while the beast recovers from its injuries. He saw a palace in the distance, and decided to head there in search of the island's inhabitants. The hippogriff followed him, and along the way, helped itself to the leaves of a myrtle bush.

"Pfft, hey, stop that! That tickles, you know!?"
    Wait, did the myrtle bush just speak?

"Wahahah, stop! Stop! Bad hippogriff! Stop chewing on that! No, not there! That's my- Oh? Waaait a second... No way! Ruggiero, is that you!?"
    The knight continued to stare at the bush with a puzzled expression on his face.
    The hippogriff didn't care and continued chewing.

"It's me, Astolfo! What are the odds, right!? You wouldn't believe what I went through here! Hey, what's with that expression? It's- oh. Ooh, right. This new form of mine, well, it's kind of a long story, actually. It started a while ago, when me and my son-"
    "Wait, all this time... You have a son!?"
    "Dude, your friend just got magically turned into garden decoration on an island in the middle of nowhere, and that's your main concern? But yeah, of course. My fashion sense may say otherwise, but I am the Paladin who bedded over a hundred women, after all. It'd be weirder if I don't have a son after my escapades. Anyway, we're getting sidetracked-"

Astolfo explained his side of the story, how his attempt at a father-and-son quality time somehow ended with the two of them stranded on the island. The two soon encountered a pair of witches named Alcina and her cousin Morgan ("I think she was kind of a big hit in Britain a while ago, but I don't really keep up with news from my homeland ever since I joined Charlie and the Paladins, so I don't know what her deal is. I think she killed a camel or something? Wait, are there even camels in England? I remember hearing about the fall of Camel, whatever that is, but- Whoops, silly me, we're getting sidetracked with totally unimportant trivia again! Anyway-") who ruled over the island. After toying with the two, Alcina turned Astolfo into a myrtle bush, while his son Oberto managed to flee.

"So that's the gist of it! It sure would be nice if you can defeat those witches and find my boy while you're at it, but don't bother. Those two are like, crazy powerful, especially Alcina. She's not exactly powerful in the traditional sense, but her spells could really screw with your mind after a while! So just stay here and hope neither of them would notice you. If any of them finds you, just stay silent and play dead if you have to! Speaking of silence, I just remembered that plants aren't supposed to speak! Oh crap, she'll be mad if she ever finds out. Anyway, that's it from me! Heed my warning and don't go any further!"

Then the bush went silent.
    "Er... Astolfo?"
    "..."

Whatever the case, Ruggiero found himself unable to abandon a friend in need. Convinced that his strong will and pure heart would protect him from whatever lies ahead, he ignored Astolfo's warning and continued to make his way towards the palace.

Unsurprisingly, he soon fell under the witch's spell.

Primo Atto
    A few days later, Ruggiero's fiancee, Bradamante, arrived on the island accompanied by Ruggiero's mentor, the benevolent sorcerer Melisso. The two reached the island following traces of the knight's disappearance. Hearing about legends surrounding the island, the two disguised themselves as stray travelers. Bradamante donned his brother's armor and disguised himself with his name; Ricciardo. Melisso also gave her a ring that allows its wearer to see through illusions, which they would use to rescue Ruggiero. The two soon encountered the witch Morgan, who somehow fell head over heels for "Ricciardo" and dumped her previous lover, Oronte. Morgan agreed to escort them to her cousin's throne room, while the two "travelers" feigned cluelessness. Along the way, they encountered Astolfo's son Oberto ("Wait, Astolfo has a son!?" "Sorry miss, but my father taught me not to judge people by their appearances. Despite his fashion sense, he's still the Paladin who bedded over a hundred women. It would be weirder if he doesn't have a son after all that." "What's with this... sassy lost child..?"). Seeing the boy, Bradamante deduced that Astolfo must have been turned into something, but decided to prioritize finding Ruggiero first.

Upon entering Alcina's throne room, Bradamante was appalled to see her fiancee now engaged to the witch instead. She tried to snap him out of it, but under the spell, Ruggiero couldn't think of anyone or anything else besides Alcina. Before she could place the ring on him, the door swung open, and Oronte, Morgan's (ex) lover, barged into the room. The man was angry at "Ricciardo" for stealing his love from him. Bradamante, still wearing the armor, attempted to clarify the misunderstanding, but Oronte, still in a foul mood, decided to take it out on Ruggiero. Oronte believed that Alcina had fallen for "Ricciardo" as well, and went berserk with jealousy ("Death to harems! Open your eyes, Ruggiero! Alcina had thrown you away for some... some weirdo in armor! She's done with you!"). Unfortunately, his words only agitated Ruggiero further, and the brainwashed knight defeated him in combat. All the while, Alcina observed the duel with a fascinated smile on her face.

Bradamante witnessed the fighting going on and grew jealous seeing how far Ruggiero would go to win Alcina's heart. Having had enough, she discarded the armor, revealing her true identity and causing the entire room to be very, very confused. Outraged, Alcina threatened to turn Bradamante into an animal, only to be stopped by her cousin, who believed that she had gone too far. Morgan urged Bradamante to leave before things get worse, but the Paladin refused, claiming that she would not leave without her beloved (Ruggiero). Morgan misinterpreted Bradamante's beloved as herself, and sang a dramatic aria about the mysterious nature of love ("Forget the armor. On second thought, yuri doesn't sound like a bad idea.").

Secondo Atto
    In any case, Bradamante and Melisso successfully escaped the palace amidst the chaos, dragging Ruggiero with them. The group found a temporary hideout in the forest and began working to free Ruggiero from the spell. At first, they forced the ring on him... but nothing happened. Alcina's magic was too powerful. With no other option, the desperate Bradamante poured her heart out to him. She regaled him with the times they spent together, the memories they shared, and every last drop of her feelings towards him. At first, Ruggiero could not recognize these memories. His two kidnappers felt like strangers, and those memories felt foreign. This island was paradise. Everything he ever wanted was available at his convenience, and Alcina could make any dream of his into reality with the snap of a finger. She loved him.

Love.
    Wait, who loved him?

Dream.
    What are his dreams again?Paradise.
    Was it, really?

There was something or someone important he was missing.
    The woman in front of him spoke of love. It was an entirely different kind of love than the one he felt towards Alcina.
    But strangely enough... it felt familiar.

Cracks started to appear in his memories. Cracks shaped like a certain someone.
    As he pieced things together in his mind, the spell was weakened enough for the ring to finish the job.

Ruggiero opened his eyes to see his fiancee before him.
    "Welcome back."

Still disoriented from the spell, Ruggiero could not believe his eyes. He remembered how Alcina would deceive men with her illusions, and her illusions could appear almost indistinguishable from the real thing. Thus, he sighed, and took the only logical course of action in the situation:

"Foul witch! To think you would conjure and image of my love right in front of me! Well, I won't fall for such an obvious trick! I know my one true love when I see her, and you're most certainly not her!"

Bradamante ran off crying deeper into the forest.
    Melisso facepalmed.

Some time later, our three heroes finally managed to resolve this misunderstanding. Melisso explained that while it was good to see Ruggiero returned to his senses, they cannot escape so easily since Alcina still wielded immense power. Instead, he should cover their escape by pretending to still be brainwashed and telling her that he simply wanted to go hunting alone. Meanwhile, Alcina just realized Ruggiero's disappearance. Using her advanced magecraft, she easily located his whereabouts and instantly appeared before our heroes. Seeing Bradamante once again, she flew into a rage and threatened to kill her as a symbol of her love. At the last moment, Ruggiero convinced her to stop. Feigning the brainwashing, he convinced her that there was no need for her to prove her love, as he already knew how deeply she loved him. Seemingly satisfied with this response, the witch returned to her palace, leaving our heroes free to enact their next plan. Secretly, it pained Ruggiero to do that, as from her expressions and gestures around him, he now knew that Alcina genuinely loved him, in her own misguided way.

Finale
    Afterwards, Ruggiero, Bradamante, and Melisso shared their escape plan with Oronte and Oberto, and the group swiftly executed it. By the time Alcina and Morgan realized they were deceived, it was too late. Alcina pursued them, which led to a confrontation on a clearing amidst the forest. It should have been for her to conjure a multitude of spells to smite them on sight. She could conjure a massive thunderbolt to vaporize them, or summon a multitude of wraith familiars to steal Ruggiero back to her side, or create a maze of illusions to trap them for eternity, or...

It should have been easy, but...

Why?
    Please don't go.
    I hate this.
    Things shouldn't end this way.
    I'm lonely.

I love you.

There were countless words that she wanted to say. Words that she didn't know how to say, and feelings she never even knew existed.
    But nothing came out of her mouth.

Whatever spell she tried to conjure, her wand would only sputter harmlessly.
    As a witch whose powers relied on the concepts of lies and falsehoods, her abilities faded the moment true love entered her heart.
    ...Or maybe the answer was much simpler than that. Deep down, maybe she simply could not bring herself to hurt Ruggiero, or she realized that as much as she loved Ruggiero, it wouldn't be right to deprive him of his "happy ending" with his beloved Bradamante. She could never become the Paladin that Ruggiero loved so much. Whatever the case, she stopped pursuing them and wept in sorrow.

The tale was resolved quickly afterwards. As Alcina's illusions faded, the bodies of her previous victims were returned to normal, including Astolfo. Before they leave, Bradamante and Ruggiero destroyed an urn that acted as the source of Alcina's magic, and after the deed was done, the entire island sank into the ground, taking Alcina and Morgan with it. The survivors sang of happiness and relief, while Alcina was forgotten.

Description
    "Like is a strong word, but... hmm, I suppose I do see the value of those romance novels and movies we have in Chaldea. It's fun to watch or read them from time to time... not that I know much about them. I only used them when there's absolutely nothing else to do, after all. I have absolutely no strong feelings towards romance, especially not the ones involving slow burn, childhood friends, vanilla fluff, cheesy pick-up lines, a prince charming rescuing a damsel-in-distress, and- Er, I mean... Ahaha, nice try, Master! To think you would try to deceive the Great Witch of Illusions herself with a loaded question like that... You're more clever than I thought. Eh? That's not your intention at all? N-Nonsense! Um, point is, I find this era's definition of romance... tolerable, yes! That's it, and nothing more!"

Dislikes:
    "Say, Master, don't you think PDA is reaaal annoying? Couples who hold hands in public, say things like 'I love you!', 'Noo, I love you more!', or just flat out giving a mouth-to-mouth smooch in broad daylight... Don't you just want these... normies to disappear? I can turn them into shrubbery with a single spell, you know? They won't know what hit them, heheheheheh... Eh? Why do I hate seeing those things in real life while I love seeing them in books and movies? Isn't it obvious!? BECAUSE I'M NOT THE ONE DOING THEM (A portion of your memories seem to be missing, as if someone tampered with your mind to omit an embarrassing line) Um, actually... well, they're just two different things, okay!? You can't compare watching them on tv and seeing them directly in real life!"

Wish for the Grail (bond 5):
    "Yeah, I'll pass on that one. Maybe you'd expect me to wish for a second chance to realize my ideal romance fantasy or something like that, but putting your happiness in the hands of such an obvious Deus ex Machina sounds like a bad idea, if the stories I know are anything to go by. The true love I long for must be realized with my own hands. It must be as natural as can be, like a real-life fairytale... yeah, that sounds nice."

A gloomy, introverted shut-in who'd sooner lock herself in her room to "hone her magecraft" rather than partake in any kind of social interaction with the "outside world". Due to her placing a powerful barrier spell in front of her room, no one actually knows what she's doing inside. A witch who constantly puts up a disinterested, monotonous expression in front of others. Someone who's content in leading a life of solitude while refusing to touch the topic of love with a ten-foot pole... At least, that's the false persona she created to protect herself from potentially getting her heart broken again. Deep down, she possesses a highly idyllic view of romance (being a character inside a chivalric romance story doesn't help matters), which may cause her to easily fall in love, get jealous, and act somewhat obsessive towards those she deems as her "prince charming", although she would just as easily ditch them (if not worse) the moment she deems them lacking in any way. At the same time, she finds it difficult to properly acknowledge these feelings, which may lead to... further drama down the line. A witch who desires the perfect fairytale romance despite having little to no understanding of the subject.

This passionate desire for romance manifests itself as her true hobby, the secret activities she partakes in under the guise of "mage training"; binging romance movies, novels, and comic books, and writing her own sappy romance stories to vicariously live through them, simulating the feeling of falling in love all over again. Of course, she'd most likely wipe your mind clean out of embarrassment the moment you discover these hobbies, but at least she'd feel bad about it afterwards... probably.

Caster deeply envies romance protagonists who "had everything handed to them without any effort". As someone who takes the saying "you are the protagonist of your own story" a little too seriously, she deeply believes in working hard and doing anything in her power to achieve her "happy ending", even if her misguided attempts may occasionally (okay, more often than not) come off as unsettling and obsessive. Due to this belief, she despises her representation as an antagonist (albeit a sympathetic one) in later retellings of her story, as she defiantly, yet innocently proclaims that "there is nothing wrong with falling in love and wanting to be loved!". Ultimately, while she had already moved on from Ruggiero and forgiven Bradamante for foiling her plans, it is unlikely that Caster could get along with either of them due to her envy towards people with wholesome, lovey-dovey relationships in general. Truly, a hopeless romantic capable of committing various atrocities in the name of her love.

Relationships
    Sigurd/Brynhild, Sakamoto Ryoma/Oryou, Orion/Artemis, Xiang Yu/Yu Mei-ren:
    "Ugh, such fluffy fairytale romance... I expected this the moment I was summoned. It shouldn't be a surprise to see couples reunited and enjoying their happily-ever-after here, considering how many love stories there are throughout human history, but seeing them directly still feels... overwhelming. I-It's not like I actually enjoy seeing them all happy like that, it's just... I wonder if I can experience something like that in this second life... Gah, I can't say it! I'm going back to my room for some serious mage training! Don't interrupt me!"

Kama:
    "A god of love!? Th-Then, could you- Hm? Even you don't understand what love is anymore? I see... Yeah, me too, sometimes."

Circe:
    *The two seems to share a close, sisterly relationship due to their similar experiences and outlook on life*

Bradamante:
    "Apparently even if you're a part of a romance epic, you're not allowed to have a happy ending unless you're the established protagonist, huh... Normie, plot-armored protagonist, grumble grumble"

Astolfo:
    "Ufufu, my apologies, when I first heard tales of the legendary Sir Astolfo, I thought you were some gallant knight in shining armor. Then it turned out you're just some crossdressing pervert, so... yeah, you know what happened next."

Morgan le Fay (Proper Human History):
    "Your island... it seems to possess a peculiar power. I feel my brain cells die whenever I stay there for too long, resulting in stupidly out-of-character moments of me doing things I'd never even dream of doing in Camelot. Wait... could it be that your repressed romantic desires were subconsciously influencing my actions somehow!? Considering your specific talent in mental manipulation magecraft, that sounds plausible... Well, in any case, it's good to see that you don't have to repress them anymore."

*The comically serious elder sibling who begrudgingly takes care of her irresponsible shut-in cousin. Ignoring the fact that one of them is a significant factor in the fall of Camelot, and the other is a yandere who kidnapped a hero and tried to trap him in a perpetual illusory paradise, their relationship is actually... weirdly wholesome.*

Morgan le Fay (Lostbelt):
    "I see, so that's an image of what could have been... I never really cared about her schemes in Britain all those years ago, but... Who knew she had it in her to rule this kind of kingdom, huh? She's... certainly gone through a lot. There's a different, somber air about her that I can't fully describe. I wonder... what happened to the me of that world? Was I able to reduce her burden somehow?"

George Frederic Handel:
    "Master, the nerve on that guy! He adapted my story, got my name on the title and all, and he didn't even bother to tweak the ending a bit to give me a happier end! Maybe I should sue him for some royalties as payback, I heard that lion-man is good at this sort of thing..."

Angelica:
    "Normie reverse-harem protagonists like you who spent their entire lives surrounded by love without ever having to lift a finger... You took everything from me!"
    "I don't even know who you are."

*Their relationship started out tense, but somehow, just a few days later, the witch found herself dragged around by the princess to look for new clothes. The latter also appointed the former as her stage assistant, mainly in the visual effects department. The witch never agreed to any of this, but the princess' sheer positive energy is too powerful to resist. Not to mention, she secretly enjoys these new activities, not that she'd ever admit it.*

Ruggiero/Bradamante (Bond 5):
    "Those two? Don't worry Master. Sure, it was painful back then, but maybe that was for the best. I hope they're happy, at least... W-Well, not like I'd ever say that to them directly!"

Bond CE

The witch stood before the two lovers who foiled her plans and ruined her dreams of a happily-ever-after.
    Her eyes were blurry with tears, and a myriad of emotions swirled inside her lonely heart; sorrow, hatred, confusion, fear, and countless other feelings she couldn't name.

For the longest time, she thought she was happy, embracing her role as the solitary ruler of that empty palace.
    She never cared for the affairs of the outside world. She never yearned for anything, and she never thought anything should change, even in the far future.

But that was the first time.

The first time she actually cared for something outside herself.
    The first time she found something she could not bring herself to let go.
    The first time she wanted to be saved from her boring island.
    The first time she hated how the outside world saw her as a villain.
    The first time she wanted things to be different.
    The first time she genuinely fell in love.
    And the first time she had her heart broken.

Why?
    Please don't go.
    I hate this.
    Things shouldn't end this way.
    I'm lonely.

I love you.

These thoughts continued to echo in her head, and she was certain that the moment she opens her mouth to voice them, she would completely break down.
    And so she stayed silent.
    Her vision still blurred by tears, she silently raised her wand and aimed it towards the couple, who had nowhere else to run.

...And nothing happened.

---

The witch slowly opened her eyes.
    A dream. She must have overslept after another night of "magecraft training".
    She looked at her written manuscripts and thought of the many new people she met over the course of her second life as a Servant.
    "That kind of romance, the kind not built upon lies, but genuine love... I wonder if a villain like me could find such a thing one day?"
    She smiled as she left her writing table, ready to greet another day. Her one wish remains unchanged after so long.
    "Just like then, I suppose there's a first time for everything."

Creator's Notes
    Whew, cutting it close to the deadline. Remember that time when I said the Orlando Furioso had no place for angst, back in Angelica's sheet? Whoops, I lied. Even with a story like Monty Python and wacky characters like Astolfo and Bradamante, you can never run from the angst. On another note, I swear it's purely coincidental that I ended up writing another illusion-based Caster in the same contest not long after Morg posted Hali. FGO's recent Aeaea event just reminded me of this one. Original sheet here.

• Anyway, first of all, let's talk about the character. When it comes to top 3 romance I've written, she sits in third place after DudleyxElizabeth and FersenxMarie. Not as angsty as Fersen, nor as serious as Dudley, but the topic of unrequited love is always prime angst material.

• As for the sheet itself, honestly the original is actually still pretty good by my current standards, but same with Morg, I think she deserves better. This is my second time participating in this rework contest, and unlike the Scarlet Pimpernel, where I mostly just added quotes and updated the format, I actually put more thought to reworking this one. I replaced one filler Skill, changed how the NP works (the previous one felt way too similar to her standard illusionism abilities), rewrote her lore from scratch (the old one was mostly copypasted from Wikipedia), and expanded her connection with Morgan (which I completely missed the first time around) a bit, among other things.

• I guess I could just keep Morgan and Alcina as sisters rather than cousins, and maybe write some subplot about Alcina being Uther's bastard child which he shipped to Italy or something like that, but that felt like too much unnecessary drama, coming from someone who refuses to touch the Arthurian mythos with a ten-foot pole (excluding Lanzelet).

• The character song is Spectacle-P's The Beast, which I feel suits her character, to a certain extent.

• I actually watched this play while brainstorming. One notable tidbit I remember was that Melisso's gender is pretty inconsistent. Wikipedia said they're a woman (some articles had him written as both Melissa and Melisso, with no explanation), while most plays casted them as a man. Not to mention apparently they're a student of our beloved dick wizard Merlin. There's probably a cool Servant idea to be taken here, but I'm not sure I can be the one to take it.

Last edited by BnEl15; March 21st, 2022 at 03:21 AM.

Blog Entries
    Very nice! On a side-note, will you be doing any other Orlando Innamorato/Furioso characters like Melisso or Oberto BnE115?

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    Very nice! On a side-note, will you be doing any other Orlando Innamorato/Furioso characters like Melisso or Oberto BnE115?
    So far, no. As much as I'd like to write Astolfo's son, Oberto feels like too much of a footnote for me to do anything with him (dude doesn't even exist outside his roughly 15 minutes of screentime in the play). Melisso has a bit more to work with, but there's still not enough details about them beyond being Ruggiero's mentor and Merlin's student.
    Last edited by BnEl15; March 21st, 2022 at 03:19 AM.