Page 1237 of 1675 FirstFirst ... 2377371137118712271232123512361237123812391242124712871337 ... LastLast
Results 24,721 to 24,740 of 33485

Thread: Crack Pairings (possible NSFW/NSFS :P)

God have mercy on my rolls... Servant Shiki's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Noir
    Ohh! Damn, how could I forget!?

But to be honest besides the fist fight all I remember is Kiriei's speech of defending the birth of Angra Mainyu because "how could it be evil if it has not been born."

And yes, even though I like Sakura, I played HF for the fights.
    Last edited by Servant Shiki; December 22nd, 2012 at 01:27 PM.
    Lancer x Archer OTP
    Spoiler:

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It is pretty much an ongoing thing, he always feels uncomfortable around the guy and never understood why, until then.

It is pretty much the interweaving web of relationships and how they develop you can miss in Fate if you don't pay enough attention.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    It is pretty much an ongoing thing, he always feels uncomfortable around the guy and never understood why, until then.

It is pretty much the interweaving web of relationships and how they develop you can miss in Fate if you don't pay enough attention.
    It's hard to generalize that outside of the glorious manly fist fight at the end of the world however. Shirou's existence is being poisoned by his cynical older self and he's dying. Compare the two's two showdowns. In Stay Night Kotomine paints the same picture of himself; one who cannot experience the normal happiness of others. There is no underlying camaraderie there. The two oppose each other not as a matter of inevitable happenstance as in HF, but because they are enemies. I mean, you can argue the two don't interact enough in Fate for Shirou to understand the man the way he does in HF, but as long as the cynic in his arm is present whether teen Shirou Emiya could develop an amicable relationship with Kotomine is questionable.

Archer though? Yeah, I could see that. 100% sad that wasn't explored in canon.
    Last edited by Kelnish; December 22nd, 2012 at 02:06 PM.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Emiya Shirou x Ayase Yue

Because I was reminded how awesome a character she was, and thought of it. And also how much fun it could be to see her deconstruct his ideals with logic while simultanously encouraging him to follow them despite their flaws, and also pinning over him.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    Emiya Shirou x Ayase Yue

Because I was reminded how awesome a character she was, and thought of it. And also how much fun it could be to see her deconstruct his ideals with logic while simultanously encouraging him to follow them despite their flaws, and also pinning over him.
    It's also funny, at least to me, because she's based off of Patchouli Knowledge (Patchi~<3).
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    Emiya Shirou x Ayase Yue

It depends though. If this is Fate!Shirou, then he's gonna breaks down a bit. If this is HF!Shirou, there's no ideals to speak of. If this is UBW!Shirou, then his ideals already got deconstructed pretty hard by his own future self. If this is Pre-GrailWar!Shirou, then I doubt he's gonna listen, seeing as Fate!Shirou and Pre-GrailWar!Shirou don't differ much in term of ideals.
    Underneath the Stars

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lhklan View Post
    It depends though. If this is Fate!Shirou, then he's gonna breaks down a bit. If this is HF!Shirou, there's no ideals to speak of. If this is UBW!Shirou, then his ideals already got deconstructed pretty hard by his own future self. If this is Pre-GrailWar!Shirou, then I doubt he's gonna listen, seeing as Fate!Shirou and Pre-GrailWar!Shirou don't differ much in term of ideals.
    If I were to do it, I would go with Fate!Shirou. On the other hand, leaving it vague which route he comes from (other than HF) and just writing a Yue centered piece in which she reflects about his ideals could also be fun.

Blog Entries
    HF Shirou does have ideals, or else there would no reason he would suffer so much.

And Yue is a cynical idealist, though unsure of where she stands on most things.
    She can give good pep talks sure, but she is similar to Chisame. I see any Shirou getting more thought provoking conversations from her, but breaking down? Likely not, she still is hesitant sticking it to people where it hurts like Kotomine, if you want the bite to his emotional ribs, Chisame would be a better bet, since she is the more cynical end of the pool.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

@Altima.

He had them once. He discarded them for Sakura.

@Faith

Hmm... They meet every now and then, talking about stuff. And the more she deconstruct his ideals, the more she fall in love with him. Why? Because even in the face of all that, even knowing that it is a tragedy waiting to happy, he still chose to chase it, because it is a beautiful dream.
    Underneath the Stars

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Point made. Not that I wanted Shirou to break down (and honestly, I doubt many people would be able to do that).
    And Chisame is an awesome character too. Although the reason I suggested Yue was because she is alot more prone to thinking philosofically from multiple standpoints than Chisame, who is more downright cynical and blunt.

Quote Originally Posted by lhklan View Post
    Hmm... They meet every now and then, talking about stuff. And the more she deconstruct his ideals, the more she fall in love with him. Why? Because even in the face of all that, even knowing that it is a tragedy waiting to happy, he still chose to chase it, because it is a beautiful dream.
    That is one setup I thought up yes. I think it's a fun premise to think about.
    Allows us to have Magic Detective!Yue and Wandering Hero Of Justice!Shirou too.
    Last edited by YeOfLittleFaith; December 22nd, 2012 at 03:38 PM.

Blog Entries
    @lhklan
    And you seemingly forgot the whole route where he was trying to figure out how to save both, and risked ruining that goal to save people around him. Sounds like the same person to me
    . Your assessment is extreme, because a set of ideals are changeable. Moreover, his ideals have been to save everyone, so either way they would be changed.

Regardless, you saying he had no ideals to speak of would be false, which is what I pointed out.

@Ye

Glad you saw my point. If there is anyone who would make him stop and think, it'd be Chisame. Even Negi all but called her his advisor, and he is about as stubborn as Shirou is.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    It's also funny, at least to me, because she's based off of Patchouli Knowledge (Patchi~<3).
    ...no.
    For one, that'd be stupid.
    For another, Patchy is not at all original.
    For a last, there's barely a 6 month gap between the releases of EoSD and the first Negima chapter and I doubt Akamatsu was busy playing danmaku shooters right before the publishing of a new manga series.
    Last edited by Kyte; December 22nd, 2012 at 03:54 PM.

lesbian witch from hell kay4today's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    @Kotomine x Rin talk on the previous page

why

Why are you people so evil? Why?! ;-;

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    ...no.
    For one, that'd be stupid.
    For another, Patchy is not at all original.
    For a last, there's barely a 6 month gap between the releases of EoSD and the first Negima chapter and I doubt Akamatsu was busy playing danmaku shooters right before the publishing of a new manga series.
    There is an uncanny resemblance, but I think that's as far as it goes. Maybe Akamatsu was aware of it, maybe he wasn't. Fans just play it up for laughs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kay4today View Post

why

Such delicious suffering we get to create/observe in that scenario.

It's easy to see why Kotomine enjoys it.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Another Day At the Office Riven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kay4today View Post

why

Because happy endings get stale after a while, and good​ grimdark is like a fine wine. It washes away the bad taste and only gets better with age.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    Because happy endings get stale after a while, and good​ grimdark is like a fine wine. It washes away the bad taste and only gets better with age.
    That's not grimdark. That's writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Blog Entries
    I dunno, its not really is any more unique than a happy end, I see both in equal measure.
    A good story will have the right amount of both. And for me, a happy ending can invoke just as many feelings as a bittersweet or tragic one can. Just needs the right foundation.

Another Day At the Office Riven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    That's not grimdark. That's writing.
    I dunno. I always remember the tragedies I've read far fonder than other stories. For me, a good tragedy is the hardest to write without destroying the reader's interest, but it is the most rewarding. Happiness and triumph are easy to contemplate, we seek them naturally. But defeat? Remorse? Anguish? If one can make me face those and not turn away, then I usually find that I learn far more about both myself and the world.

God have mercy on my rolls... Servant Shiki's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Noir
    Eh, I'm not much of a fan of grimdark, though I will not shy away from a story with it. I love happy endings and if the story has grimdark in it that's all well and good, but I'll never actually seek a story with it. If I want to read grimdark I'll just read the news.
    Lancer x Archer OTP
    Spoiler: