Page 1 of 10 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: So where is Lostbelt 7 taking place?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar

So where is Lostbelt 7 taking place?

The dot on the map is in south america. But all hints seem to imply that it's mayan themed.

Is it just me or has nasu lost it this time? ORT was stated to be in the andes mountains. He's smart enough not to confuse Incans and Mayans, so why does this lostbelt seem so confused?

Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    The dot on the map is in south america. But all hints seem to imply that it's mayan themed.

Is it just me or has nasu lost it this time? ORT was stated to be in the andes mountains. He's smart enough not to confuse Incans and Mayans, so why does this lostbelt seem so confused?
    Maybe it's a LB where the Mayan civilization covered the whole American continent?
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Pan-americanism was especially strong for a couple years during the wars of independence, where a couple hispanic heroes of independence wished for a united America from Chile to Mexico. I doubt it’s that, but it’s the only logical way I can comprehend this, aside from it being an AU where either the Aztec/Mayan empire ruled over everything.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle sentence's Avatar
    I bet it is actually Alien God themed and Mayan are maybe side villains/helpers. Humanity is already dead in that Lostbelt.

ORT/Kirei/Alien God would be main focus.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    He's smart enough not to confuse Incans and Mayans, so why does this lostbelt seem so confused?
    Is he?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by friendly View Post
    I doubt it’s that, but it’s the only logical way I can comprehend this, aside from it being an AU where either the Aztec/Mayan empire ruled over everything.
    Problem is, the circled area where the LB is taking place doesn't even include Mexico or the Yucatan Peninsula at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I think TM is going for the theory that the Norte Chico civilization in Peru is the model for all other Pre-Columbian civilizations. It's the Mayincatec trope basically, which is a hyper simplified and quite insulting way to look at things.

US Friend Code
    Quetz (Aztec) calls Xibalba (Mayan) "our underworld" and likes to dance Samba (Brazilian).

Mesoamerica and South America are unfortunately all just one big blob to a lot of people and it would seem that includes Nasu.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Geography is not one of his strong suits.

I hope you have it in your hearts to forgive him. This is the man who placed the Atlas Mountains in Egypt.

Lmfao it's Nasu it's going to be cliche south america

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Quetz (Aztec) calls Xibalba (Mayan) "our underworld" and likes to dance Samba (Brazilian).

Mesoamerica and South America are unfortunately all just one big blob to a lot of people and it would seem that includes Nasu.
    to be fair, Aztec and Maya are close neighbors and share several deities under different names. So syncretizing these two can be forgiven. But after from all I learned about Brazilian Folklore, merging them is unfitting. I am mildly hopeful to see a story that addresses it as Brazil vs Aztec/Maya.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Also I renamed this thread to be rid of its hideous misspelling. Please be more careful when you choose titles for your threads, kids.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Is he?
    do you have some kind of evidence that he isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Also I renamed this thread to be rid of its hideous misspelling. Please be more careful when you choose titles for your threads, kids.
    Huh? What was it before?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Loistbelt

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    do you have some kind of evidence that he isn't?
    If you want a serious answer, no. I don't think Nasu is dumb. I think he doesn't care, as evidenced by Quetz.

Regardless, I don't even know why you're bringing Nasu into this. He's not going to write the chapter and he's not the main person doing research for TM.
    I think those people care as little as he does and either did not realize the geographical and cultural mixup or simply ignored it for the sake of relating the new alien Aztecs lore with a decades old statement on some random material book.

I think Nasu just doesn't realize that Mesoamerica is part of North America and not South America. But putting Xibalba in Brazil is... a choice.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    It's the "final" LB and, behind Fae Britain, has the highest measurable Lost Depth. Weird stuff is expected to happen.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Meteor fell on a different place, Aztec gods took over the continent, weird syncretism... There are a thousand reasonable explanations as to why the LB is where it is.

They are also completely irrelevant. Qin was the Chinese Lostbelt and happened in China with a Chinese King and Chinese Servants because that's the history and characters they were dealing with, they didn't move his capital to a different place. He took over the world and his capital could theoretically be anywhere they wanted, but that background is irrelevant to the reasons they designed and wrote the chapter as they did. Uro and TM like and care about Chinese history and aesthetic.

Nasu/Sakurai/Minase/(Researcher dude whose name I forgot) don't care enough about South America to do the same, that's all.
    Last edited by pinetree; June 13th, 2022 at 07:33 PM.

So they shouldnt use it then, if your not gonna do something as basic as

"where is this myths culture" then they shouldnt fucking use it

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    For all we know, it could be as outrageous as what caused Camelot Singularity.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    For all we know, it could be as outrageous as what caused Camelot Singularity.
    I hope it's yet another LB that diverged because of Sefar-related content, for that sweet number three.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.