View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1306 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 3068061206125612961301130413051306130713081311131613561406 ... LastLast
Results 26,101 to 26,120 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Can't imagine of a bigger act of cuckery than laying one's life on the line to defend the statue of a blithering idiot who couldn't even speak in complete sentences.

Blog Entries
    Eh. Flag burning is legit freedom of speech. Destruction of the statue is more concerning, particularly if it was a work of art or an antiquity rather than just a fab item.

I'd say no, it doesn't. There are exceptions to be sure, like protecting a facility that manufactures insulin or preserving a unique or culturally important structure or one's personal livelihood, but this probably doesn't qualify. That said, I don't know the details of the specific statue.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Eh. Flag burning is legit freedom of speech. Destruction of the statue is more concerning, particularly if it was a work of art or an antiquity rather than just a fab item.

I'd say no, it doesn't. There are exceptions to be sure, like protecting a facility that manufactures insulin or preserving a unique or culturally important structure or one's personal livelihood, but this probably doesn't qualify. That said, I don't know the details of the specific statue.
    I support flag burning if you actually bought the flag that you're burning. However, I'm pretty sure that they don't own that statue. Looks like an antiquity to me, though. In other words, I can't legally condone this, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    Can't imagine of a bigger act of cuckery than laying one's life on the line to defend the statue of a blithering idiot who couldn't even speak in complete sentences.
    I can't imagine justifying vandalism and using "cuckery" unironically outside of actual sex. This is how we used to deal with rebellion:

And this is when they had good points and not the rabble swarming the streets nowadays.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The bad thing about giving a lot of power to anyone is that at some point you'll have to deal with a total bastard handling that power.

The history of politics is the history of balancing "getting shit done" and "protection from bastards"
    don't quote me on this

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    The bad thing about giving a lot of power to anyone is that at some point you'll have to deal with a total bastard handling that power.

The history of politics is the history of balancing "getting shit done" and "protection from bastards"
    Again, I have no qualms about destroying your own property, but why can I not protect my property, like I protect myself or my friends and family? These rioters are just the Yellow Turbans of today. Once their insurgency has hit this point, it's irrelevant how many "good points" they have.

"Any rebel within firing distance sprouted feathers from their chest." That is a beautiful line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    Oh, wait. There is one. Using currency with that man's face on it. I can help "relieve" you of that burden, though.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Seriously, man. You've posted that Yellow Turban Video (and the rape and pillage one too) like five times in the last two weeks. Just put it in your sig and be done with it.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure when this rebellious madness will go away, though. Frankly, this culture of victim glorification makes me sick. George Floyd may be a victim, but he is certainly no hero. George Washington is a hero, but he doesn't need to be a saint. Though, this may be obvious coming from the me, who calls Cao Cao brother Mengde and Nobunaga Oda Nobunobu (though, I'm sure that we all do).

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    I'm not sure when this rebellious madness will go away, though. Frankly, this culture of victim glorification makes me sick. George Floyd may be a victim, but he is certainly no hero. George Washington is a hero, but he doesn't need to be a saint. Though, this may be obvious coming from the me, who calls Cao Cao brother Mengde and Nobunaga Oda Nobunobu (though, I'm sure that we all do).
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean to say by that, but surely someone doesn't have to be a "hero" (I don't recall anyone even saying that Floyd was, or a saint for that matter) for one to grieve their death and fight for justice on their behalf. And of course, being a "hero" especially in the Classical sense is no guarantee of actually being a good person (a la the whole "would you rather be great or good" dilemma).

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean to say by that, but surely someone doesn't have to be a "hero" (I don't recall anyone even saying that Floyd was, or a saint for that matter) for one to grieve their death and fight for justice on their behalf. And of course, being a "hero" especially in the Classical sense is no guarantee of actually being a good person (a la the whole "would you rather be great or good" dilemma).
    But that's just it. I would rather glorify heroes, knowing full well what that means. Also, I'm pretty sure that burying someone in a golden coffin after parading around their remains counts more as glorification than grieving. As for calling George Floyd a hero, some TV news said so.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    But that's just it. I would rather glorify heroes, knowing full well what that means. Also, I'm pretty sure that burying someone in a golden coffin after parading around their remains counts more as glorification than grieving. As for calling George Floyd a hero, some TV news said so.
    Cult of "hero worship" when it means ignoring the value of the weak can blur pretty close to outright fascism though (the government should favor the strong to crush the weak for their own gain). Not sure what your personal beliefs are, but I think you should be careful on the kind of rhetoric you end up espousing. I actually agree that the word "hero" is often misused, but either way Floyd's death was a terrible injustice that demands serious response. You can't brush off something like that with lofty-sounding rhetoric about "heroes".

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Didn't Iskander say something along the lines that heroes should appear like "shining stars" for the people to reach for, rather than martyrs whose only value is the pity that they garner? A Throne built on hegemony is a beautiful sight, while a throne built on martyrdom is an abomination.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I actually agree that the word "hero" is often misused, but either way Floyd's death was a terrible injustice that demands serious response. You can't brush off something like that with lofty-sounding rhetoric about "heroes".
    "Brushing it off" was never my intent. However, if your wallet gets stolen, you're a victim, not a hero, regardless of what punishment does or does not fall on the perp.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; June 19th, 2020 at 05:10 PM.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's not about all the rebellion stuff. Go wild there. It's using the same video over and over again in such a short time frame. At least get some different stuff.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Unfortunately, no one has posted Makai Tensho clips on YouTube. Or at the very least, not ones that summarize it the way that I need it to.

Blog Entries
    another day of losing braincells to reading retarded arguments online
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to why Gen News is often referred to as cancer. Also why people sometimes net bans from the thread XD.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    another day of losing braincells to reading retarded arguments online
    Communists have brain cells?

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Welcome to why Gen News is often referred to as cancer. Also why people sometimes net bans from the thread XD.
    To be fair this is on a wholly different level of clownery even for Gen News. About the only thing that even came close to this is that one "drinking peron" comment from really long ago.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Communists have brain cells?
    If feels as though you can only look at politics as a cultural thing, no thoughts about about how the current structure of power does not allow people to live a respectable life and not be afraid of state violence. You answer with videos and complain that people do not protest in a way you approve of, and as such they do more damage to society than gangs that are approved by the state without accountability. May I remind you when athletes where taking a knee, they were mocked. Actually, one of them was voted the most hated player, this is despite the rapist and abusers that are active in the NFL.

You want people to care for a community that outcast them and abuse them. You may have been benefited by the current system, but many have never owned anything because they are not allowed by it and because of this, they will never start acting in the way you want them, and they should not.

You like to use videos, I suggest you to watch these:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Toulou; June 19th, 2020 at 07:26 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toulou View Post
    You want people to care for a community that outcast them and abuse them. You may have been benefited by the current system, but many have never owned anything because they are not allowed by it and because of this, they will never start acting in the way you want them, and they should not.
    In terms of the videos that you linked, the speaker appears to have the same binary way of thinking that's essentially "If you don't support the Yellow Turbans, you must be a minion of the Eunuchs". Real life ain't that simple, dearie.

Blog Entries
    A man was murdered in cold blood by the police that are supposed to protect and serve us, and people are using this moment as a call to arms to address a very real sickness in American culture.

And here you are over here whining about victim glorification.

What would you have us do? Spit on the graves of the all the people murdered by police and do nothing because it might seem a little too communist for your liking?
    Last edited by Imperial; June 19th, 2020 at 07:28 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude