Page 413 of 858 FirstFirst ... 313363403408411412413414415418423463513 ... LastLast
Results 8,241 to 8,260 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Blog Entries
    I just wanted to make a bunny girl okay?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zikari8 View Post
    I just wanted to make a bunny girl okay?
    I just realized that if you turned your Avenger Cain into an Archer (as she uses finger bullets) we really would have a Cain for all 7 Servant Classes. Let the
    edgy bloodbath of killers
    All-Cain Grail War
    commence!

Heck, might as well add my Avenger Abel for some variety (and angst, can't forget angst).

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Honestly, what with you guys (mainly Royd)'s obsession with the guy that bludgeoning people with stone anyway?
    not like I the one to talk, I literally waifu'ed my own creation myself
    I did Cain sheets before it was cool, meanwhile I've made 4 Uther's. Don't worry about Kenshin though, you have a long way to go before you catch up with Takeuchi.

- - - Updated - - -

Victor Frankenstein: I prefer mine.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'm going to assume that "true chaotic" means chaotic neutral. Having Dr. Frankenstein be a (relatively) living mage, would the wraith Vic in Fran's interlude screw with that a little? It's like in Skyrim where you fight draugr Olaf during the Bards College quest but also meet spirit Olaf in Sovngarde.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Its kinda crack me up how the guy with stone (my image of Cain is player character in Rust) into a dude with OP farm weapon or get associated with random things to become that random things

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    I did Cain sheets before it was cool, meanwhile I've made 4 Uther's. Don't worry about Kenshin though, you have a long way to go before you catch up with Takeuchi.
    Heh, you said that but-

unhealthy obsession

I'm literally in the process to be him as the discussion goes.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries

XV - Predation Ceremony

I - Name Unknown
    II - The Enemy
    III - Rome Under Fire
    IV - Chaos
    V - Gathering of Hunters
    VI - Cornucopia
    VII - A Reason to Die
    VIII - Interlude Around the Bonfire
    IX - The Monster at the Aventine Hill
    X - Freedom
    XI - Glory to the Demon Monster
    XII - Responsibility
    XIII - Realization
    XIV - Resolution

XV - Predation Ceremony
    A gunshot pierced through the corridor, through the gap between the two Jeannes’ heads, and through Chiyou’s left shoulder.

“Meh, I was going for the headshot.”

A figure darted along the same path. Her katana was stopped by an inchoate crimson, which immediately reduced the weapon to nothing. Ushiwakamaru wisely retreated, standing along the French saint and her dark counterpart. The katana was not a Noble Phantasm, so it was a non-issue to spend some magical energy to conjure it anew.

Some steps behind, the Master of Chaldea kneeling on the floor looked up at the long barrel aimed at the space between his eyes.

“Bang,” murmured Assassin with a grin. “You’re dead, shitty Master.”

The two Jeannes looked at the scene behind them with no small amount of alarm. Indeed, for that brief moment, the young man had been at Assassin’s mercy.

Assassin’s grin grew until she closed her eyes.

“I guess we’re even now,” she declared before pulling the musket away and moving forward to face her enemy.

“Little demon,” greeted Chiyou with mocking amusement that poorly concealed irritation. “Looks like you’ve been busy. What’s with that getup? Isn’t that a little too girly for a Wild Hunter?”

“I know, right!?” Assassin pulled at the frilly hem of her dress. “It’s like I’ve become a Cinderella Demon Girl! It’s too weird!”

“What the—!?” Jeanne Alter all but hissed the words out. “Who the heck—”

“Are you slow or something? This is my Starlight Stage now, Dragon Witch, so kindly fuck off.”

“You bitch—!”

“Jeanne!” The Master’s prompt intervention stopped the Avenger. “Let her.”

The Saint of Orleans was immune to Banner of Chiyou, but lacked the firepower to take on the Beast. The Avenger had Magic Resistance EX which allowed her to retain her senses in front of the crimson light, but her dark nature was fertile ground for Chiyou’s terrible ability.

“Hey, the piece of shit Master back there,” Assassin continued. “That Puppy Rider of yours did a decent job, so do whatever it is you do to praise her.”

Ushiwaka’s eyes, to that point glowing with the dark luster of Banner of Chiyou, suddenly grew brighter with excitement. Like a dog eager to go on a walk, her head turned from the Master to Assassin and back, her lips upturned in a lovely smile.

“Uh, sure, gladly. Come here, Ushiwaka. I’ll pat your head.”

“Eh!?” Two Jeannes jerked their faces in an expression of shock.

“What’s with this romcom Chaldea…?” muttered Assassin before leaving the young Master and his girls to their antics. “Hey, da Vinci! I know you can hear this! Make sure your summoning system is up and running when I tell you, so get to that! Chop-chop!”

The communication channel opened in her vicinity.

“Don’t get too cocky, Your Grace.”

“It’s not cockiness, it’s telling you what’s good for you. Be grateful for a change.”

With that, Assassin took a further step forward, taking the vanguard position against Chiyou. The Beast, however, was looking over her shoulder at Ushiwaka’s placid joy upon partaking of her Master’s attentions.

“She…she is released.”

“Yes, it is that simple,” Assassin replied. “Your power drove her to act according to her most immediate desire: to be praised by her Master. If she gets her wish, then Banner of Chiyou completed its job.”

“So it’s like that,” Jeanne murmured before turning to her “sister”. “Then what do you want the most right now, Alter?”

“Tha—do-don’t—that’s none of your business!” The flustered Avenger did not take her eyes off the head-patting.

“So, you intend to fight me, little girl?” Chiyou finally placed her attention on Assassin. “Just because you underwent Readvent, you think you stand a chance?”

“Having a chance has nothing to do with it,” replied the smaller woman while conjuring a second musket. “I’m just taking responsibility for the mess I caused.” She glanced at the ceiling. “Da Vinci! Open us a path outside!”

“Like hell! We can’t let that woman get out—”

“Oh, for fuck’s sake, trust me this one time, pseudo-woman!”

“Master, I’m not very fond of our new ally.”

“Well I hate the whole lot of you,” Assassin retorted sulkily. Then she disappeared.

Chiyou was no fool, and the air vibrated as she projected her magical power. The very radiance emitted from her body seemed to gain a certain physicality, and it lashed like tendrils at the ceiling and the walls to contend against Assassin’s high-speed three-dimensional movement. Blood red and violet flashed in the space between Chiyou and the Chaldeas, but a second later Assassin was deep in Chiyou’s personal space.

“Yeah, I’m faster than you now.”

Taking two musket shots on her body, Chiyou was blown backwards. There were no wounds, however, for her aura annihilated the bullets before they could touch her body. Assassin quickly summoned new weapons to press the assault, moving the fight away from the Master of Chaldea, who vaguely heard da Vinci’s instructions leading Assassin to the great outdoors. Without the dangerous presence of Chiyou and her radiance pressing in his mind through the blessing of Luminosité Eternelle, the young Master could gather his wits and decide on a course of action. Assassin had given them a welcome respite, but he would not bet on her defeating Chiyou.

“Ushiwakamaru, there will be more headpats in the future if you do me a favor.”

The young Rider’s eagerness was endearing.

“Anything you wish, my Lord!”

“Aaaaah!” The two Jeannes complained when the Master brought his face closer to Rider’s, delivering secret instructions in a rather intimate position. The wagging of her tail pissed Alter off for some reason.

“Now, go.”

“Yes, my Lord!”

Ushiwakamaru darted away at dazzling speed, as if aiming to replicate the great feat at Dan-no-Ura. The young Master turned his attention to the twins.

“Alter, please go get Jack and the others. Jeanne, I’ll keep counting on you.”

“Of course.”

“Wha—wait, why am I the errand girl!?”

“Because you can’t protect me from that light,” the Master replied bluntly. “Please, Alter. We can’t go after Chiyou with only the three of us.”

“Tch. Whatever.”

“Take your time!” The Master joked at the back of the dark-armored maiden departing at walking speed.

Assassin’s final Ascension, aside of an unnecessarily frilly dress, had adorned her back with strange, wing-like appendages made of some sort of crystal. They gave her a truly magical appearance, but she knew flight was not their purpose. Transmitting her will to the crystals, they began to change, like clay in the potter’s hand, taking the shape of long bovid horns, four of them in total. Those horns resounded on their own, blasting out a solemn sound like a call to battle.

It was impossible to tell who had the advantage outdoors. Their forms were partially concealed by the dark of night, yet simultaneously contrasted with the white snow under their feet. Chiyou was a tank, holding her position while taking musket shots from every direction with growing irritation. Assassin relinquished the privilege of stillness, aware that her mobility and predictive powers were the only things keeping her alive.

The baleful light of Banner of Chiyou seemed to have become a living being of its own, spreading pseudopods that mostly succeeded at intercepting Assassin’s bullet storm. Whenever Chiyou gestured with either hand, the very space seemed to collapse within itself, breaking down into something intangible and inchoate. However, Assassin never fell prey to this indescribably fearsome attack.

“So it’s really like I guessed, huh!” Assassin taunted without interrupting her high-speed acrobatic assault. Her voice was constantly interrupted by musket fire as she darted around and above the static Beast. “Changing your Saint Graph has consequences, Chiyou! You can no longer project your Banner into the sky! It can only come out of your body!”

“Your point, little weakling?” Chiyou was inured to mockery and taunting. “I just have to roam the Earth to achieve the same result. I’ll get to it right after I break you and then Chaldea!”

“Why do you even have to bother? You cannot be saying you can’t escape from poor little me, right?”

That got Assassin a growl in response.

“That’s right: you can’t. Because you are Chiyou.”

Also, because her horns had that effect: urging those who hear them to just fight, bluntly and straightforwardly, with no consideration of tactics or long-term planning. They had a secondary effect, but the time to rely on it had not yet arrived.

“Silence! You’re being a pest!”

“Yeah, seems I have some talent at that!”

Assassin’s brain ran a mile a second. Not for the first time, she envied the privilege of the strong, who could succeed with little effort. Even Chiyou in front of her, despite having yet to land a single hit, seemed not particularly desperate.

But, I do not regret this. I don’t regret being here, fighting for my life.

She could have given Lilith’s blanked Saint Graph to the Master of Chaldea and told him what to do with it. It would have been the prudent thing to do. But she wanted to finish this crisis herself, with her own two hands. She could call it “taking responsibility”, but she knew she was just being selfish, even placing the entire World at risk just for the chance to be on the spotlight.

If only for a few minutes, she would be the main character, with a single last chance to do something of worth.

Yes, that was it.

Now that she understood herself and humanity, she wanted just the single, elusive thing all humans have ever wanted: meaning.

Gripping herself for what was to come, Assassin began calling upon her full powers. It was a matter of time until Chiyou brought out the big guns. Chiyou’s big guns, most likely, could kill her in an instant with or without Claivoyance, so the only viable strategy was not letting her bring out the big guns.

Assassin’s sight was a superposition of countless possibilities, overlapping at lightspeed into a single image upon Chiyou deciding on her immediate course of action. However, before Chiyou could overcome Assassin’s future sight by simply unleashing an overwhelming omnidirectional attack, the young musketeer raised her weapon and aimed it right at Chiyou’s face.

La nuit dans les bois
    Hopeless Soul, Fear Your Predator
    .”

A moment later, Chiyou had put at least an addition ten meters between each other, all intentions of unleashing Armageddon on Assassin gone together with her calm countenance. She would have taken a moment to collect herself, but there was no way Assassin would give her that mercy. Just like when she was forced out of Chaldea, Chiyou found herself retreating from Assassin’s musket fire, aware that each shot was aimed and delivered with the purpose of making her take a step backwards.

The unacceptable feeling that invaded her a moment earlier gave way to surging rage. Chiyou planted a foot hard on the snow, ready and eager to counterattack—until she caught a glimpse of the mouth of Assassin’s musket. When she caught herself again, she was once more on the run.

“What is…what the…why am I so frightened by that brat!? It makes no sense!”

Chiyou shouted to herself as she ran, pathetically aware that she was running downhill into a forest—the terrain Assassin favored the most. But she could not stop the beating of her heart, the cold sweat on her skin, nor the squirming grip of fright in her chest. She had no reason to be afraid, but this terror was not driven by reason, and it had taken control of her body.

“It makes every sense, fool,” Assassin responded quietly to the Beast’s frustrated cries. She not only ran to match Chiyou’s frightened retreat. She also had to run away from the avalanche triggered by her horns and incessant musket fire.

Her second Noble Phantasm did not simply instill terror on those who saw the mouth of her musket’s barrel. It brought to the surface a primal instinct possessed by all animals. It was a fundamental element of the animal psyche, ingrained within their brains as a foundation for their survival instincts. The activation of that flight instinct could be nullified by Magic Resistance, a Skill the Beast Chiyou did not possess. Once in effect, however, there was no way to avoid it, just like it is impossible to escape one’s own mind.

On the other hand, this power acted just like the monster in a horror movie: the more the audience is exposed to the monster, the more inured it becomes to its fearsome mien. La nuit dans les bois suffered from diminishing returns, and Assassin only intended to rely on it until they reached that forest.

She looked up at the night sky and its canopy of stars, and clicked her tongue.

“Come on, Ozymandias, don’t leave me hanging here!”

Three long steps after that, she leapt to the nearest treetop, an instant before a tidal wave of snow and ice flooded the alpine forest. Chiyou found herself free of irrational terror, and extinguished the avalanche with a swipe of her hand, as trivially as pulling apart a cobweb. With that issue dealt with, Chiyou then looked for her opponent, but Assassin was invisible in that forest.

“Hmph. Pointless. I’ll teach you a lesson for your insolence, demon brat!”

Chiyou’s fist struck the nearest tree, which promptly collapsed with a groan. That same groan was mirrored by every other tree in that forest, which fell right along as if they all had taken the same punch.

“Ah, fuck!” Assassin cursed upon losing her footing and tumbling down just like the forest around her. Being one of quick wits, she scurried into hiding amidst the piles of fallen trunks, but she knew she was in trouble.

“You dared make me fear you! Me, Chiyou! I am the Harbinger of Chaos! The Monster at Zhuolu! I am fear itself!”

“Then look behind you, fear.”

Chiyou would not be defeated by something like a sneak attack. Even if it was unexpected, even if it came from her blind spot, the Beast intercepted the beheading strike with her eldritch, crimson aura.

“Ushiwakamaru!”

“Puppy!” Assassin greeted from her hiding spot.

Ushiwakamaru did not prolong the clash, what with the strongest among Greek heroes charging into the decimated forest, his obscenely large axe poised to smash the young Rider—and by proxy, Chiyou—into the snow.

“What—” was the only word Chiyou managed before the axe came down with explosive power.

Berserkers were the ideal targets for Banner of Chiyou. Upon looking at the red light, their Masters would lose all control over them, and the Servants would abandon themselves to their Mad Enhancement. Chaldea was no exception, and its Berserkers became beasts capable only of attacking whatever entered their sight. There were those special cases—rank EX—, but those only became more dangerous when whatever restraint their Master’s support set upon them was smothered by their own maddening urges. This was the reason Siegfried was currently engaged in a deathly battle against a draconic creature formerly known as Kiyohime.

While Kiyohime seemed a hopeless cause by this point, the Master of Chaldea saw a glimpse of a possibility in the others. If they could no longer be controlled, their rampage would then be directed. If they could only attack whatever was closest, they would make sure the closest was Chiyou. Ushiwakamaru took that direst of roles, and for her heroic effort, head pats.

“Fuwaaaan~”

“There, there.”

Muuu…senpai…

The Master of Chaldea ignored Mashu’s nuanced utterings. Ushiwaka earned it, and he did not particularly mind. From his spot at the exit to the Animusphere complex, he gazed into the distance, where he could hear the thunderous sounds of impacts and see the rising, growing surge of tentacle-like outgrowths of crimson light. He then checked on Jeanne d’Arc, whose blessing of light protected him and those with him from the power of that light. Was it really her Noble Phantasm, or merely an effect of her saintly presence? There was no point in dwelling on that.

“Are you sure we shouldn’t be doing anything else?” said Jeanne Alter, who seemed to be struggling with the urge to run into the snowfield and join the fight.

“Yes,” a new voice spoke in his stead: The King of Magic’s Queen, Naamah Alter. “Let that child do her part. She has earned it.”

“So I’m the only one who doesn’t know yet who she is,” murmured the sole male. Jack the Ripper clung to his waist, unsubtly poking his belly with a dainty finger.

“Oh, is that so?” responded da Vinci with clear mirth in her face. “Well, you heard our Master, Your Highness Naamah. May I, or do you want the honors?”

“I believe this time is my right and privilege, fair da Vinci.”

The genius stood back with an exaggerated reverence, allowing the queen in black to stand next to their Master. But Naamah did not speak quite just yet.

“So the shitty Master is actually capable of something after all!”

Wearing a wicked grin, Assassin summoned a new musket. From Chaldea’s successful plan, she had gained both time and distance, and she intended to make good use of them.

“Initiate Noble Phantasm,” she murmured, her face losing all trace of expression and her voice becoming flat. “Verification of the seals, started.”

She did not retreat so far as to lose sight of Chiyou. Even if currently engaged against multiple Servants, it was more of a free-for-all than anything else, so they could not be counted on to defeat her.

It was her responsibility and her ambition: to create the path towards Chiyou’s defeat.

“Verification of seals one to four complete. Adjusting Noble Phantasm rank to D+.”

Chiyou noticed, even with Herakles breathing on her neck, Cu Chulainn Alter hopelessly trying to impale her, Erik Bloodaxe leaping at her from her blind spot and Caligula raining punches even as his fists were eaten away by her Noble Phantasm: the all-destroying aura capable of unraveling the foundation of all existence. How could she not notice that the pathetic horned Assassin had all a sudden doubled her power output?

“You…maggots!” The crimson aura surged out in every direction, Herakles the only one capable of reacting in time and getting out of the way. Cu Chulainn possessed Battle Continuation, but the other Berserkers were basically torn apart within a red tornado of utter annihilation.

“You!” howled the Beast, her crimson tendrils wriggling forward towards Assassin. “What are you doin—gah!”

“Verification of seals five to eight, failed. Awaiting input for Retry,” murmured the horned girl.

Chiyou’s intent to attack Assassin was interrupted by Frankenstein’s masterpiece and X Alter, the normally-quiet girls roaring like furious beasts. They did not last long, their weapons briefly and barely protecting them from extinction at the hands of the blood-colored tentacles.

Assassin charged forward.

“Why are you even—”

The redhaired musketeer darted unimpeded across the crisscrossing tendrils surrounding the Beast. Those she could not dodge, she haphazardly blocked with conjured muskets. Her own attempts are filling Chiyou’s body with bullets were neutralized all but effortlessly.

“---fighting on their side!?” Chiyou shouted, her voice finally displaying clear irritation. “Don’t you detest humans!?”

“Damn right I do!” admitted the girl. “They’re stupid, reckless, self-centered; the epitome of selfishness! They’re all shit! This world would be better off without them!”

Assassin backflipped, firing a shot at a fallen tree. The force and angle of the shot flung the trunk upwards until it stood almost vertically. Assassin used it as cover when Chiyou released a new omnidirectional pulse. The Beast-class Chiyou screamed something incoherent in return, gathering tendrils into a drill-like structure that shot towards the evasive Assassin. But the girl had already fired her musket at the returning Herakles, grabbing his attention and making him charge at her instead, all the while maneuvering to make him stand in between Chiyou and herself. The Greek demigod intercepted Chiyou’s attack, which annihilated his weapon and blew him away as if weightless.

“But humans have taken hold of this world! They’ve taken hold of their fate! I can accept that now! They no longer need supervisors like me, or scourges like you!”

“Ha! That’s a loser’s mentality!”

“And losers are what we are! Just like the gods, we are losers who no longer belong in this world! Humanity will be judged by humans themselves!”

“Speak for yourself, brat!”

Chiyou gathered her crimson aura for a new omnidirectional, unavoidable attack. Assassin clicked her tongue.

Suddenly, the night ceased to be such, when a new star filled the firmament with golden radiance.

“What the—!?” Chiyou hissed, shielding her eyes with a gauntleted hand; such was the intensity of this new, unexpected sun.

“Yes!” Assassin shouted, but her voice was drowned by loud, boisterous, laughter.

“Behold,
    Mesektet
    The Solar Ship of the Dark Night
    ! Gaze upon its gross incandescence, and despair!”

“Ramesses the Second!” growled Chiyou. “Like you can even stop me—”

Neither Ozymandias’ obnoxious laughter nor her own rage prevented Chiyou from catching the words coming out of the pathetic Assassin still daring to oppose her.

“Verification of seal eight, successful. Adjusting Noble Phantasm rank to D++.”

Assassin’s magical energy output increased by another 100 percent. That was something Chiyou could not ignore. A musket floated above her, but it was the musket in her right hand—the one she had not fired since the Berserkers attacked—which glowed with barely-restrained power.

“Verification complete. Noble Phantasm ready for deployment.”

Chiyou looked at the glowing musket, then at the girl. Then her eyes widened in realization and gazed upwards, at the flying ship far away in the sky.

“Don’t tell me…!” Chiyou gasped upon realizing Ozymandias never had any intention to fight her. “His position in the sky!”

“Yes,” interrupted the girl. A gem-like, crimson third eye glowed on the center of her forehead.

The Sun is in Sagittarius.”

“Assassin class. A forest huntress, carrying a musket. Well, a bow or even a crossbow would have also suited her. I would have expected her to wear green, based on the associations to her legend, but I guess the color scheme is based on her true form. A hunter with demonic traits who manifests her full power when the Sun is in Sagittarius. Really, the answer should be obvious by this point.”

The Master of Chaldea ignored Jeanne Alter’s unabashed laughter and da Vinci’s holier-than-thou expression.

“Well excuse me for not figuring it out. Spit it out already.”

“I do not need to,” insisted Naamah Alter. “It is somebody you had already met before. Twice, even. I believe you first fought her in London…?”

“…so what?” Chiyou eased down, crossing her arms under her breasts. “It’s still a weakling’s Noble Phantasm. It will be turned into nothing, just like all your other attacks.”

“This one will definitely hit,” countered the girl with the certainty of one who pronounced a natural law.

A line of a dozen muskets came into existence above her head.

“You can make more than two—!”

“A gods-damned Sengoku tyrant can. Why not me?”

She disappeared, closing the distance with high-speed movement at the same time the line of muskets unleashed a lead barrage. Chiyou’s aura protected her, but she noticed a vaguely spherical object from the corner of her eye and instinctively lashed at it with a crimson tendril.

The Heart of a Foreign God exploded in a burst of dark energy, and even Chiyou had to inch away from the countless curses pouring out. And that was really it.

“This is the perfect shot, from which none can escape! Fear not the face of your hunter, but the foolishness that made you my prey! I am the Duke of Hell, the silence of the dark woods, and the howling of the storm! I, alone, am the Wild Hunt that marks your end!”

Other than her fleeing from La nuit dans les bois earlier, Chiyou had not taken a single step since they made it outdoors. Even when assaulted by the maddened Berserkers of Chaldea, she had been an island of stillness, neutralizing all threats with her almighty power of unraveling. Finally, finally, Assassin had made her move.

And Chiyou slipped.

She had stepped into a tiny pool, near which rested an unnatural blue flame melting the snow—the flame from a broken Ghost Lantern. At the same time, Assassin’s four floating horns resounded again.

“Ah—”

That was the sound Chiyou made when she realized she had been played. Utterly and thoroughly. It came with the awareness that she had just willingly removed her aura.

Assassin had long figured out the workings of Chiyou’s annihilating aura. It was obvious Chiyou had great control over it; it was the reason the aura was not constantly eating away at the very air around her, or why she did not sink into the Earth as the ground under her feet was destroyed. But her Noble Phantasm was Anti-World. Her ability to limit its all-destroying scope came from a Skill, which had just been temporarily nullified by Assassin’s own Skill, Horns of the Four Kings. Because Chiyou did not have the intention to unravel the entire scene around her, she had instinctively, unhesitatingly, dismissed her aura.

And there she was, that girl, kneeling; her musket aimed and her finger on the trigger. And Chiyou glowered in rage as she realized that the girl could have done this from the very beginning. That this whole, protracted battle was solely to—even lifting her feet off the ground was so she could—!

“This is it, Chiyou! My final shot, with everything I’ve got!”

Not just her musket, her entire self glowed with magical power. Her blood-red third eye glowed balefully; the merciless judgment of a demon god.

“DAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMNNN YYYOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!”

“The demon god of darkness, and of the things that lurk in the dark forests at night. Escorted by four kings, whose horns announce both the beginning of the hunt and the end of all strife. A helpful yet unkind demon: it gifts humans with magical secrets and treasure, but also castigates their poor judgement, their insolence and their wickedness,” Naamah recited, her voice clearly tinged with a dash for ancient fondness. As for the Master, his growing understanding was only matched by his growing disbelief.

“Demon
    Pillar
    God
    of the Wild Hunt, eighth among the seventy-two. That’s who she is.”

Time dilated around her. An instant became an eternity. Focus beyond flow. Mind without mind. However, she was not a master swordsman. This was not an achievement born of supreme skill, but a natural condition of the self.

Detached from the whole she had belonged to, she was remade into a form to match legends carrying her name. A Phantom. A Hunter. Thus, she only knew the hunt. She was called “Demon Hunter”. This referred not to “one who hunts demons”, but “a hunter who is also a demon”.

A demonic nature, not only in the literal sense, but in the popular sense created by folklore and religion. That demonic nature, a power evolving beyond its purpose for three millennia, was now dedicated exclusively to the purpose of the hunt.

The hunt was a performance. The decisive shot was almost irrelevant. It was in the creation of that perfect moment for a perfect shot that the hunter revealed its cruel, merciless brilliance. That was the best way to describe this battle: a performance, twisted and cunning, to create the ideal moment in which Chiyou lost her footing.

No longer mere and crude “incineration”. At this moment, for this very moment, she was the apex predator.

Predation Ceremony: Barbatos
    Starlit Wild Hunt of the Demon Hunter
    !”
    Servant Introduction
    Faceclaim

Source: Artwork by gods
    Chiyou (Beast)

"If the Iron Emperor is not bound to the category of 'Grand',
    Why should I restrain myself to the framework of the seven Evils of Humanity?"

Class: Beast
    Parameters:
    STR A
    END B++
    AGI C
    MGI A++
    LUK E
    Noble Phantasm EX

Height & Weight: 175 cm, 71 kg*
    Source: Chinese legalism and mythology
    Region: China
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Attribute: Beast
    * Including the weight of the wings.

"Man is the only creature that refuses to be what he is."
    —Albert Camus

Not an imaginary Beast. Nor is it "Beast Zero", nor the impossible "Beast VIII". It is a magnificent evil that brute-forced her way past the territory of the Seven. She was a candidate for Beast IV, but hers is the soul of an innovator, not of one who threads into paths already walked by others. Therefore, she rejected the existing framework of the Seven, but she remains unmistakably an Evil of Humanity, born of humanity's unrestrained love for itself.
    Biography
    The Iron Emperor manifested in the recovering London singularity, drawn by the major activation of Peshtur's Lament of the Barley Fields, and dispatched at the behest of the Counter Force of Mankind. Upon coming into awareness of the "resignation" of the former Beast IV in the Time Temple, and of her own potential as a substitute, she placed her hopes on the competence of humanity in the current era, embodied in the Master of Chaldea. The Heroic Spirit Chiyou unmade herself into seven aspects to match the seven standard Servant classes.

The Assassin aspect embodied Chiyou's incarnation as the harbinger of social disorder, as recorded in sources such as the Shangshu zhengyi (4th century BC). According to that system of belief, disorder among humankind is not a natural condition, but rather a creation of Chiyou. She is both Eve and the snake, making the fundamentally flawed, primordial mankind into beings perfected in the loss of the concepts of "sin" or "morals". Without the boundaries established by society, their base impulses and desires drive them to atrocity. Unlike the scapegoat conceived in a certain poor village, Chiyou was developed as the primordial source of human conflict. By denying the possibility of disorder being part of the nature of man, the lofty ideal of a mankind without (social) flaw becomes mental support to a society controlled through its fear of chaos, as embodied in Chiyou.

Assassin reached for the remnants of a Demon Pillar; lifeless and inert, but not inexistent, and certainly not any less demonic. Even if the entity "Barbatos" had remade itself into a Saint Graph, the demon god's wish-granting ability remained in its husk left behind. Using the dregs of Barbatos' corpse as a Grail, Assassin chased the Servant Barbatos to the Septem singularity in process of recovery; her new, developing Noble Phantasm was sufficient to imprison the singularity as a spacetime field isolate from the flow of cause and effect, past and future. Effectively, she detached Septem from the natural flow and causeway of events, converting it into its own, doomed timeline.

Chiyou then summoned Servants to fan the flames of conflict that would feed her. She thus reprised her role as the rebel tyrant, driving the masses to be true to themselves, unrestrained by laws and social order. She did not need thousands of years, or even a single one. Already in life, she had stood at the threshold. She had been restrained by the evolution of the Human Order, that put the conceptual weight on her aspect as god of war and creator of weapons. She was aware that the Iron Emperor allowed her to manifest so that she could be destroyed, but she embraced the abyss nonetheless.

Unleashing her red star upon the city branded by a certain religion as the capital of evil, Chiyou became the invisible saint of a lawless world. A labor of love—indeed, it is her love for humans as individuals that drives her actions. She merely wishes for all people to be true to themselves, or at least, true to themselves according to her vision of what being human entails. It is not that humans devolve into wanton beasts; that is the true face of Homo sapiens, released from the bindings of behavioral boundaries set upon themselves by their attachment to others. According to the Bringer of Disorder, there is nothing wrong in disagreeing with each other, with lashing at each other, or with killing each other. The road to happiness is short and simple: merely live every moment of your day answering the question "what do I want to do?", and then act immediately upon that everchanging answer. Upon discarding humanity, the people of Rome also threw away the force of providence that sustains their fate as individuals, and Chiyou feasted on it. Upon seizing the Cornucopia, Assassin's final metamorphosis took place; her Saint Graph naturally transmuted itself, having long surpassed the foundation of a standard Servant class.

Thus was born an irregular Evil of Humanity: Chaos Emperor Chiyou, the Beast of Freedom.

But that definition in itself is incomplete.

She did it because she could; because there was no other path worth taking. Because it was the conclusion truest to her harsh perception of herself. She is no saint and no messiah. She cares not for the salvation of humanity, and she even rejects the idea of something like "humanity" in the first place. She cares only about individuals--the "true" humans, like herself, driven solely by their individual needs and desires. But being true to yourself means reducing all others to either tools existing for your sake or obstacles standing in your way. "Love" is a social construct, a concept that binds people together and turns them away from their true selves. Therefore, the Chaos Emperor cannot be truly driven by love, and she cannot be deemed a true Evil of Mankind like the Seven.

In the end, Chiyou is what she has always been: merely and fundamentally herself, eternally seeking to stand outside every category.

The one and only, incomparable Chiyou.
    Skills & Noble Phantasm
    Class Skills

Authority of the Beast – A+
    The Class Skill that establishes the Servant as "anti-mankind". In Chiyou's case, it grants an additional effect of even higher damage the closer the target is to a Lawful Good alignment.

In Chiyou’s case, this Skill represents her rejection, not of humanity itself, but of the concepts and institutions that sustain it in its current form. What she despises is not humans, but “society” and “civilization”.

Independent Manifestation – A
    A special Skill that permits unsupported manifestation into reality, without necessity of energy cost or of summoning by a Master. Grants resistance against the instantaneous imposition of death and attacks affected by time manipulation.

Heroic Spirit Chiyou does not need to be summoned as a Servant to manifest into reality and sustain her own manifestation. While the means to achieve such a feat are not available to the Chiyou who has stepped into a different realm, she can still emulate the effect of this Skill with her Noble Phantasm, achieving a result equivalent to the A-rank.

Personal Skills

Banner of Chiyou – EX
    The red star that foretells conflict. Throughout the ages, the comet known as the Banner of Chiyou has been the foremost omen of strife to the Chinese. It is the legacy of the primal terror Chiyou's life and deeds embedded in the psyche of the infant civilization. But it was that same terror which allowed Huangdi to organize violence for the state.

Chiyou's presence which transcends charisma drills profane thoughts into the minds of those who set their eyes upon her. Her very presence eats away at the common sense and rationality of man, and it is done merely by instilling a simple doubt: if Chiyou thrives and stands at the pinnacle of power by turning her back on things like law, order and social mores, why should I restrain myself with those? The simple temptation to "do as one wishes instead of as one must" becomes the gateway to utter madness. The collapse of civilization, crushed by the weight of overwhelming individuality. The end of society by rendering it into a concept that no longer makes sense.
    This is effectively the same as Assassin Chiyou’s Noble Phantasm. However, unlike Assassin, who can project the light like a star in the sky, in her current aspect she can only emit the maddening crimson light from her body.

Bàoyìng Hùnluàn – EX
    Disorder of Moral Reciprocity. The fourth spiritual-cosmological concept in Chinese folk religion is
    Bàoyìng
    Moral Reciprocity
    : the belief that we live in a moral universe directed by social norms, and Heaven's distribution of positive or negative events as cosmic reward or retribution, respectively.

A Personal Skill connected to Banner of Chiyou and which reciprocally empowers it. Just like Banner of Chiyou erodes the common sense and rationality of man, this Skill attacks the intrinsic moral foundations established within an environment. It is the unraveling of karma, personal fate, and the connection between cause and effect in man's actions. Skills and Noble Phantasms relying on such principles fail in the vicinity of Chiyou, to a maximum range of 10.

As the hope of good actions being rewarded is also eroded away, the minds of those within the scope of its effects lose motivation to cling to their established social mores, thus becoming more susceptible to succumbing to Banner of Chiyou. This pleases the Chaos Emperor, who seems to despise things like "luck", "fate", "providence" and the like.

Tiānxià Wèígōng – E
    All Under Heaven Are Equal. The qi of all things under Heaven can be directed with the same methods. The same techniques of alchemy, acupuncture and qigong used on human beings may be used on spirits and on the Planet itself. Conceptual unification of the other and the whole. The Skill represents the ability to reconceptualize physical actions, spells, Skills and Noble Phantasms from anti-unit to anti-army, anti-fortress, anti-environment or even anti-world, and vice versa. It does not work with Banner of Chiyou.

Unfortunately for Chiyou, the basis of this Skill resides in discarding the individuality of self and joining in great unity with the deep and boundless, a feat that goes against the very core of her being. A Skill that normally works like a precision scalpel is turned by Chiyou into a sledgehammer that can only unravel things.

Nega-Beast – A
    Chiyou was born majorly divine but her very nature rejects the divine. In the same way, she possessed the potential to become one of the Seven Evils of Mankind, yet she transcended her original Servant class by rejecting the idea of "mankind" as a whole, and therefore the foundation underlying the origin of the Beasts.

This Skill negates the effect of Authority of the Beast when used against Chiyou, as well as all Skills of divine origin, up to rank A. Chiyou enjoys damage reduction proportional to the enemy Servant's aptitude as a Divine Spirit and/or an Evil of Humanity.

Noble Phantasm

Kūnlún Hùndùn
    Unraveling of the Axis Mundi

Type: Anti-World
    Range: 1-99
    Maximum Targets: Indefinite

Chiyou is both the equal and the opposite of the Yellow Emperor. Both are described as possessing four eyes, but this is not to be taken literally. It refers to their position at the center of the universe, and their eyes who can see everything in every direction. The Yellow Dragon of the Center is an incessant generative, creative force, but as the representation of the Earth phase, it also carries the meanings of moderation and completion. Which of the distinct aspects corresponds to Chiyou and which to Huangdi is not something that can be answered in a straightforward manner. Huangdi appears as a creator only in those narratives where Chiyou appears as one of his followers. Conversely, Huangdi never appears as a creator in those narratives where Chiyou appears as a rebel-creator. In both cases, the underlying issue is the author's argument concerning the nature of statecraft and the proper ways that new forms of governance can be introduced. But that is a divergence.

This Chiyou has discarded all historical patterns and philosophical stances. In this form, she can only destroy and unravel. If the Yellow Emperor is the axis mundi standing at the center of reality, then she is the worm that gnaws at its base until it collapses. Chiyou's Noble Phantasm is an oxymoron: the controlled unraveling of all order into chaos; the purposeful imposition of absolute entropy. At her whim, molecular bonds are shattered. At her whim, timelines are split, broken and scattered. At her whim, the invisible and underlying foundations of reality are plucked out like individual strings until the rope can no longer bear the weight of the universe. Cosmological constants no longer can sustain a framework shattered beyond recognition. If the rules of the world collapse, there is nothing left to sustain it.

The Chaos Emperor can use her Skill, Tiānxià Wèígōng, to control what to unravel and when to stop. If she goes all out, she transforms the space before her eyes into the unfathomable non-reality of the Urzeit, the time before time, in which no form of life can exist. As everything scatters, Chiyou feeds. Her mouth is the maw of perdition, and her soul is a flame that feeds on anything and everything. Her favorite meal is existential inertia, which she always makes sure to attack whenever she unleashes this Noble Phantasm, regardless of her primary purpose.

please talk to me about your OCs Saron's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    I did Cain sheets before it was cool
    It's official. Hermes is the old man hipster of CaS.
    My thirst for Antonio grows by the second.

Man...

I Make Servants, Some Of Which Are Tragedies

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As Hermes is to Uther and Royd is to Cain, Daneel is to Chi You.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    I'm going to assume that "true chaotic" means chaotic neutral. Having Dr. Frankenstein be a (relatively) living mage, would the wraith Vic in Fran's interlude screw with that a little? It's like in Skyrim where you fight draugr Olaf during the Bards College quest but also meet spirit Olaf in Sovngarde.
    I had made that sheet before I had read Fran's interlude, I ought to rework it to make it more canon compliant as I can do that now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saron View Post
    It's official. Hermes is the old man hipster of CaS.
    I regret nothing.

(that being said I'm trying to hold off on an Assassin variant).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Heh, you said that but-

unhealthy obsession

I'm literally in the process to be him as the discussion goes.
    Give into the dark side.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Source: (X)
    “From gods to rats, kings to whores, the child cowering underneath their blanket, the priest hiding behind his holy book, all beings fear, that is the rule of this world. Only I am exempt.”

Name; Shadowman
    Class; Assassin
    Armament: ???
    Alignment: ??? Evil
    Attribute: Dream
    Traits: ???

Stats:
    Strength: E
    Agility: A++
    Endurance: E
    Mana: A
    Luck: ???
    Noble Phantasm: ???

Dislikes: ???
    Talents: ???
    Natural Enemy: Light, Lucid dreamers, Sandman
    Wish: ???

Skills
    Class Skills:
    Presence Concealment: EX
    The ability to hide one’s presence. It doesn’t truly conceal itself, it makes it’s opponents subconsciously ignore it, appearing as just the thing they saw out of the corner of their eye, only revealing itself when it strikes.

Personal Skills:
    Icon of Fear: EX
    A skill representing that one has become something that is universally feared. Any who feel any amount of fear to the Skill owner has that fear magnified, to the point it could possibly lead to full on madness deliriousness or a panic attack. However, if the opponent has Bravery or another skill that blocks mental attack, the effects are halved.

The shadowmen are known all across the world, and all have been called evil and torment people's minds in the world between wake and sleep. As they’ve existed since the first empire all the way too the modern day, the power of this skill exceeds the ranking system.

Shapeshift: A-
    A skill that refers to both borrowing bodies and appearance mimicking. Assassin can change into any form it requires, but it will always appear a shade darker than the target’s appearance. White will be a light gray, bright red will appear as dark red, etc.

Dream Entry: B
    A skill representing the ability to enter a selected target's dreams. By entering the dreams, Assassin has near infinite power within this plane, but the second the target realizes it is a dream they can bend the dream to their will and banish it.

Noble Phantasm
    Sleep/Wake
    Your Dreams Are No Haven

???
    Max Targets: ???
    Range: ???

”All creatures fear, from rats to gods….

That fear….those nightmares are what birthed me….I can understand them, those fears….

If I will it….I can make those dreams real.”

The ultimate ability and darkest power of Assassin, it can take the concept of a “waking nightmare” that sleep paralysis has been described as, to it’s limit.

If Assassin has been in one's dreams before, it can imprint their greatest fear onto its body. If they feared water, it shall become a never ending black flood. If they feared wolves, it shall become a great and terrible wolf. In these forms, it shall share the weakness of it’s target, such as silver with werewolves or sunlight with vampires.

In this state, it can only be defeated by one thing. Bravery from where fear once reigned.

If the person who it stole the fear from stands up to Assassin as that fear, Assassin is forced from that state into his default state, severely lowering his power and making him easier to strike down.

Lore
    Assassin is the Shadowman, a common figure in most demonic circles around the world, under hundreds of names. It is believed to have been an explanation for the medical condition sleep paralysis, but the truth is far more terrifying than what men believe.

The shadowmen are beings from humanities collective unconscious mind, materializing as Humanity’s collective fears and hopes, but over it’s countless years of existence it has evolved a higher state of mind and led to two wraiths existences.

That of the Sandman, a being associated with good dreams, and the more recent entity many refer as the Hat Man. While the Sandman is comprised of the joyful and hopeful dreams of humanity, the things that may be, the Hat Man is a wraith created with evil and darkness, the things that should not be.

Normally, the Hat Man tends to linger around random humans, terrifying them with it’s infinite forms for a purpose even unknown to it, but if summoned under unusual circumstances it will fuse all of it’s variations across the world into one single Shadowman, the Hat Man being the dominant spirit.

Personality
    Soulless, uncaring, evil, those are the only words to describe Assassin. It knows not of love, fear, or any emotion that would make it resemble humanity in any shape or form. It is motivated by a single goal, to spread fear to all it comes across, no matter who or what it comes across. It is something that cannot be easily described as an evil being, it is truly that of a demon worse than any monster man has dreamed up

Due to the easily manipulated child's brain, it targets children more often as the fear created will never leave or be forgotten, the fear forever marking that child's soul.

"My likes and dislikes Dreamer? I have none. I care only for fear, and spreading it."

"Am I jealous of humans for possessing that power of love and hatred? No, I feel no such thing."

Nursery Rhyme:
    "A child who lives I'm blissful ignorance, the need to destroy that innocent dream is potent."

As a being of nightmares, it strongly wishes to destroy Rhyme's dream of happiness and innocence, but sacrifices that desire to ensure Solomon and his pawns receives that fear instead. Rhyme is terrified of the man in black, and avoids dark areas until reassurance from Atalanta that she would be guarded.

<I>

Wasn't sure if I could put this out here before Halloween ended in my region, but I managed to finish it beforehand!

Happy little late but whatever Halloween Beast's Lair!

Man...

I love the above!

Also, kinda curious. What if we picked seven servants, and put them against each other in a Holy Grail War, and wrote it up?

I nominate Abraham Lincoln as Saber, with the third sheet.

There's a whole RP forum but I think most RPs are either dead or completely full.

Nice work on Shadowman, Saron. This is definitely my favorite version.

Quote Originally Posted by Express View Post
    There's a whole RP forum but I think most RPs are either dead or completely full.

Nice work on Shadowman, Saron. This is definitely my favorite version.
    As you just said, mostly dead, right?

So, what if we started a roleplay using the Servants from here?

Blog Entries
    There's much potential on these sheets if used on an RP, too bad 99% of them would never be used for any.

So, it would genuinely be interesting if there's that kind of RP.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I would like to see a lot of these sheets be used in an RP or story, but as I've never really RPed before it would be a challenge. Hell, if someone makes an RP based off the Servants here I'm down for joining.

Man...

I would be down for using my version of Necronomicon in an RP or seeing it used in a story.though I do agree that the probability of that happening is rather low.

Quote Originally Posted by Bylackbre View Post
    I would be down for using my version of Necronomicon in an RP or seeing it used in a story.though I do agree that the probability of that happening is rather low.
    Oh? Who said anything about that?

I could do it!

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    eh, id join(don't feel id be welcome.) but the only good servants i have are pride and envy and both are kinda role play with. and to defend the skills both skills are not meant to be ranked, i will go and fix item creation later today, as originally i was going to make his ability to build perpetual motion machines into an NP, but it just didn't work out that way. also would you mind pointing out the typos to me in a private post, and to the people who want to RP i still have thread for that heres the linkhttp://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/7413-Create-your-own-holy-grail-war, ill start and actual rp in an hour if royd or sieka don't mind be ruler and being ref and ill just watch from the sidelines.
    Last edited by venomking; November 1st, 2017 at 11:25 AM.

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    but I'm down for starting an RP, and maybe playing ref. but i ant got good servants for an rp so for most of it id be sideliner, just tell me what servant you want to use, etc.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If you're on about RP's you should maybe move the conversation here: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...d-Ideas-thread