Page 164 of 782 FirstFirst ... 64114154159162163164165166169174214264664 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nero is not really a king at all.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

I know modern history heroes (or those who lived on the advent of gunpowder) are somewhat disqualified, but I'd like to pick George Washington.

He is a dual class Servant like Jeanne D'Arc, but can qualify as a Saber (wielding a Colichemarde short sword he was known to use during the American Revolution)

His greatest stat is Charisma, ranked B, further complemented by his personal skill 'Father of a New Nation' that rouses others to join his cause. While territorial familiarity is a minor buff to some Servants, Washington's stats are greatly buffed if he's fighting on American soil.

One of his Noble Phantasms is a Rank C/Anti-Army psuedo-Reality Marble called "Hybrid Warfare" which applies the Fabian strategic doctrine, physically reshaping terrain and circumstances to Washington's favor. Is used in conjunction with another Anti-Army NP "The Continental Army".

So there. I know it sounds like Otto's wetdream from Time Squad, but I just thought of the concept just now.

Blog Entries
    Redesigning Cu Chulainn/Setanta

Berserker

STR: B (A)
    AGI: A (A)
    MAG: A (C)
    END: C (B)
    LUK: E

Summoned as a Berserker, he is kept in a magically-engineered straitjacket by his master, who does not appreciate the danger his Riastrad poses to herself.

Skills

Evocation
    Unnatural magic possessed by the magi and druids of the emerald isle. This level of mastery permits the usage of phantoms for reconnaissance, substitution and minor defensive roles. Full combat roles cannot be assumed by the phantoms due to frailty and weak fighting prowess.

Divinity
    Measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels one is treated as a mixed race of a materialized Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a Monster, Demonic Beast raises. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called "purge defense" in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith. Demigod status of this rank is granted to the servant as he was sired by Lugh.

Fervor
    Increases capacity for destruction when battling. Boon is increased as skill rank goes up. At the end of every turn, a 25% bonus is applied to the STR and AGI stats respectively until the end of the battle. If the user is dealt a fatal blow, death is temporarily averted for up to fifteen minutes, during which all combat parameters (STR, AGI and END) are doubled.

Mad Enhancement
    Raises basic parameters in exchange of hindering mental capacities. In some cases, also seals away Personal Skills. Basic proficiency is granted as a result of being summoned into this class, but it cannot be activated as the servant's abilities do not fit into this category.

Noble Phantasms

Riastrad: The Hound of Ulster
    Support
    Full-body transmogrification process that alters one's fighting capabilities. When activated, it diverts the bloodstream and channels magical energy into the muscles and bone, strengthening physical ability in the process. Furthermore, the new form permits the servant to fight with contorted, erratic and unnatural stances. Stats are shuffled from (B, A, A, C) to (A, A, C, B). Luck remains unchanged as it is dependent on the nature of Cu Chulainn's geiss.

The Riastrad shifts Lancer's body into that of a hideous and shapeless beast, increasing elasticity and durability through re-configuration of ligaments and existing tissue. Blows are not taken solidly, but rather the structure of the skeleton is changed such that blunt force is distributed equally across a large surface area rather than around the area of impact. Distorted musculature allows for blows to carry greater force and accommodate for faster gait, but in the process precious mana is sacrificed to maintain this monstrous form.

Gae Bolg: Mortality in Death
    Anti-Unit
    Legendary spear of Celtic origin. Originally Scathach's, and later Cu Chulainn's, the weapon's end is cursed to manifest a multitude of barbs which ricochet outward, mutilating the foe from within. The technique invoked by its name normally requires the spear to be thrown from the foot, but under the Riastrad it becomes possible to emulate a similar effect by distorting any extension of the body.

The curse only requires that the spear be in contact with flesh; it does not matter how deep the wound is, as once activated the barbs will seek the appropriate course to destroy the body they are embedded within. Assuming that the spear is capable of bypassing the foe's defences in the first place, the kill is assured so long as the blade meets flesh.

Interesting redesign of Cu Chulainn, Apple. Though I'm sure those 'dog' jokes are going to hurt even more now :P

About your version of Gae Bolg, is it still dependent on the target's Luck stat?

Blog Entries
    It's dependent on whether the blade of the spear meets skin or not. It's no longer about causality inversion for perfect accuracy, now it's about OHKOing if it hits.
    Last edited by Apple; November 7th, 2012 at 06:21 AM.

Since it specified the barbs only destroy the body, I guess it wont effectively kill people with fake/spare bodies like Touko right? What about others who don't have a tangible body/ much less 'skin', at all? Does this mean it only destroys organic matter or does body refer to anything that is a 'vessel', like say a Grail sacrifice?

Blog Entries
    If it meets anything that can be considered a part of the target (skin, metal lol) and not clothing/separate from the foe, then it shoots barbs through it to utterly destroy the interior.

For Touko, the Touko or sockpuppet it hit would die, but the other puppets/toukos wouldn't be affected.
    Last edited by Apple; November 7th, 2012 at 06:33 AM.

夜属 Nightkin
    lordkaho, I actually designed him for a war that I ran a while back, if I remember correctly he had some interesting abilities due to his myths.

I don't have the actual doc anymore but IIRC the highlights were

Personal skills

Legacy in the elements (Stone) C
    Due to the fame regarded to him for having his face carved into mount rushmore washington can bend all forms of uncut stone to his will as if through magecraft.

Charisma A
    First in War, First in peace, First in the eyes of his countryman. Washington was renowned for his impeccable character and unshakable resolve, this led to his being in the highest of regard from his soldiers even when in dire straights, starving, and nearly losing the war.

Military Tactics C+
    Washington was in many regards a military genius, able to command a win where none seemed possible, this was especially true of his use of guerrilla warfare (+ applies when engaging in guerrilla warfare)

Pioneer of the stars B
    He was forever renowned as a founding father, the general of the continental army, and eventually as the first President of the United States. These however are merely enough to grant him this skill, his high rank is due to the fact that everything he did as commander in chief set the precedent for every leader of the free world to come after him.

Noble Phantasm(s)

The axe that felled the cherry tree D+++
    The apocryphal story of Washington felling a cherry tree, and when being asked about it told his father that he could not tell a lie has granted his legend with this item, this axe holds the conceptual property of vegetation slaying (it receives its pluses whenever it is used to attack any sort of living plant, or vegetation, including phantasmal beasts that are composed entirely or substantially of vegetative material)

Benjamin's walking stick E
    Benjamin Franklin, famous in his own right, bequeathed unto Washington his walking stick in his will. Due to the history that this item lived through it has gained status as a Noble phantasm, though it has no special properties.

We need more American heroes; the major players in the Civil War could also qualify. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson could be a berserker class whose NP manifests in the same way as Spartacus' EX level Endurance, though he'll suffer from considerably low Luck stat based on the story that his own troops shot him, mistaking him for an enemy, which results in him having a tendency to take damage from friendly fire in battle.

夜属 Nightkin
    America will forever have a dearth of heroes in the Nasuverse solely because the country is only around 300 years old which means any mysteries that originated here wont have been around long enough to be able to compete with the vast majority of legends. Plus there is the compounding problem that as technology gets better the likelihood of people being eligible for servanthood goes down. Though I surmise this is primarily due to the fact that force multipliers make it REALLY REALLY REALLY hard to do unbelievable feats without getting yourself deadified in the process (whereas in the ages of swords and arrows one could manage to do so and live long enough for people to tell grand tales about it)...

夜属 Nightkin
    My supposition is that our best bets for American servants lie in the clearly apocryphal and mythological stories of folklore, such as paul bunyan (who would be fucking hilarious as he is insanely tall and would be hard to hide), blackbeard the pirate, pecos bill... maybe bloody mary (as in the myth where you say bloody mary three times and she murders you)?

there are a handful of extremely subpar archers from the wild west... though all of them pale in comparison to what one would expect from the class since it is one of the knight classes...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by firloz View Post
    blackbeard the pirate
    Ah, ah, ah. He was one of ours.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You can make some Native American heroes, plenty of mystery n shit there.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    NP: Smallpox Blanket

Upon using this NP, the Servant dies and a random European Heroic Spirit is immediately summoned in his place.

Still not as offensive as Hitler!

Blog Entries
    Looks pretty offensive to me, unless you use it on an allied Servant, then maybe classify it as support.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Still not as offensive as Hitler!
    I'm fairly sure you could push a bit further that way though. Some snide remark about the European Servant being obviously superior ...

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Looks pretty offensive to me, unless you use it on an allied Servant, then maybe classify it as support.
    Support is not a category, why do people think it is a category?
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Offensive is also not a category, and not taking jokes is bad for your health.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    *snip*
    Oh come on Apple, you should've went with some of the awesomely outrageous descriptions of Cu Chulainn in the Cattle Raid of Cooley. 3-coloured hair, 7 pupils in each eye, technicoloured dimples and all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Oh come on Apple, you should've went with some of the awesomely outrageous descriptions of Cu Chulainn in the Cattle Raid of Cooley. 3-coloured hair, 7 pupils in each eye, technicoloured dimples and all.
    He would look like a clown Yugi Mutou, lol

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Apple, not enough Battle Continuation! :<
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless