Page 189 of 782 FirstFirst ... 89139179184187188189190191194199239289689 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,780 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    I don't know, even Archer with his D rank Magic Resistance broke out. Sounds more like she underestimated the skill period, not how high the ranks would go.
    Well the method Archer used to break out was the conventional magus way, aka pump prana around, it wasn't lol MR, so it could have boosted the MR. I'm not saying your incorrect, I like the idea that Caster is smart enough to get around MR, its just I don't think its explicitly stated that she can bypass MR.

I don't think the normal magus spell resistance really works that way. That really only applies to magecraft that directly messes with your body like mystic eyes. Space and time freezing doesn't seem like it should be included. Plus it doesn't seem like Caster would be surprised then when Archer busts out. He doesn't exactly have the most magic energy.

What does breaking out with "his powers" even mean?
    Last edited by terraablaze; December 7th, 2012 at 09:51 PM.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

He jackhammers the spell obviously.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    I don't think the normal magus spell resistance really works that way. That really only applies to magecraft that directly messes with your body like mystic eyes. Space and time freezing doesn't seem like it should be included. Plus it doesn't seem like Caster would be surprised then when Archer busts out. He doesn't exactly have the most magic energy.

What does breaking out with "his powers" even mean?
    Normal magus magic resistance is basically pumping magical energy around your body, Saber's MR is basically the same. I'm guessing the only reason it normally only works on stuff like mystic eyes of binding is because a bunch of fire coming at you is still a bunch of fire, your still going to be burnt no matter how much magical energy you send around.

Blog Entries
    Another Indo-Javanese syncretion here's Srikandi/Sikhandi. The legends differ on this girl. The original involves more magic, but essentially it goes like this.

Sikhandi is the third daughter of king Drupada of Panchala. She was born because the king wanted his wife to bear a child by natural means, since his older children were born from the embers (Draupadi) and smoke (Dhristadyumna) of a ceremonial fire. When she was born, the gods revealed to Drupada that she will be the one to kill Bhisma. Fearing for Sikhandi's life, Drupada ordered to keep her true identity hidden but nonetheless raised her as a prince (probably because killing the supposedly-invincible Bhisma will bring much glory to his kingdom).

In the Indian version, she was nearly outed as a girl as her wedding day (to a princess) comes. Terrified, she wandered into the woods and met a pious ashura. The ashura took pity on her predicament, and agree to swap genders with her. Sikhandi, now a he, leaves and went on to marry. The ashura, meanwhile, was made fun of by her older brother and subsequently cursed to stay that way until Sikhandi's death; Sikhandi, who later comes to again swap genders with the ashura (due to the marriage being completed and wife ostensibly understands... or want to try hot yuri time) was horrified by the curse and nearly went BSoD if not for the ashura waving it off as a risk she has predicted beforehand. In the war he killed Bhisma by filling the old warrior's body with arrows a la Benkei; Bhisma refused to shoot back and instead shot at the nearby Yudhistira, knowing it is his fate to die by Sikhandi's hand.

In the Javanese version, Drupada does not know about her destiny but allowed her to learn warcraft alongside Dhristadyumna anyway. While Dhristadyumna was content on his own skills, Srikandi's thirst for knowledge led her to be Arjuna's pupil and (true to Java!Arjuna's Unlimited Waifu Works fashion) wife. Her skill in archery is reputed to be next to Arjuna himself. She later kills Bhisma by way of an arrow named Hrusangkali.

As a Servant, she's quite fun to make. I aim for a 'tricky' kind of Servant. Her stats are rather middling for the notoriously nuke-heavy Indian mythology, but she is capable of some clever trickery and misdirection. That plus her Hrusangkali is quite powerful under certain conditions. Also, i decided to use her Javanese name since she's primarily female anyway. This is also still a bit rough, so I might redo it at a later date.

===================

Srikandi
    "Don't underestimate my power~♥"

Image (c) di6doatm4ja @ Deviantart

Third In Line for the Throne of Panchala, and Slayer of Bhisma.
    From birth, Srikandi was not destined to be something more than a noblewoman. While that might not necessarily be a bad thing, Srikandi's competitive drive has always demand her to outdo everyone. Determined to outdo her warlord brother Dhristadyumna, Srikandi strives for archery perfection. Her curiosity would also reveal her fate, as she put on a lotus wreath she found hanging on a pillar in her father's palace...

Possible Class: Archer, Assassin
    Master: ???

Parameters:
    * Alignment: Lawful Good
    * Noble Phantasm: B
    * Strength: D
    * Endurance: D
    * Agility: B
    * Mana: C
    * Luck: C

Class Skills:

* Independent Action B
    (Archer-specific class skill)
    This skill represents the ability to remain independent even when rejecting the prana supply from the Master. At the higher ranks it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract. At this rank, Srikandi is capable of remaining in this world for two days without an established contract. She is also capable of living on for a short period of time after suffering extensive damage on his spiritual core.

* Magic Resistance D
    (Archer-specific class skill)
    This skill grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects prana, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Important to note that the term "verse" seen below refers to a set of three lines. Thus, a chant of two verses is equivalent to a Six-Line incantation. At this rank, Srikandi can cancel Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

* Presence Concealment C
    (Assassin-specific class skill)
    This skill grants the capacity to hide one's presence as a Servant. With this skill, Srikandi can mask his presence as a Servant from most prying eyes. Divination spells of at least B-rank can be used to ascertain his nature, though.

Personal skills:

* Shapeshift -
    This skill refers to both borrowing bodies and appearance change. A method used by the millenary spirits of foxes and badgers of China that are put on par with Tamamo-no-Mae. While Srikandi does not actually possess this skill, her NP enables her to draw the benefits.

* Self-Modification -
    This skill represents the aptitude to merge one's own flesh with body parts of others. The higher the ranking in this skill, the further away one is from being a proper hero. While Srikandi does not actually possess this skill, her NP enables her to do the equivalent of this skill to her body.

* Uncrowned Arms Mastership N/A
    This skill represents arms competency that was not recognized by others due various reasons. To the opponents, the rank of Srikandi's stats and skills appears to be one degree lower than what it actually is. If her true name is revealed however, this effect will be terminated.

* Clairvoyance D
    This skill represents superior visual perception, supplemented long-range aiming skills, and increased dynamic vision. Furthermore, at higher ranks it is possible to acquire precognition ("see into the future") and other forms of perception that are beyond normal eyesight (X-ray vision and the sorts). At this rank, Srikandi is capable of keeping track of fast-moving object within a range of 2 km.

Noble Phantasms:

* Jati Parivartana [Identity is Superfluous]
    Support
    Target: Self and target
    This Noble Phantasm enables Srikandi to swap all or parts of the physical appearance of her Master. As it is an exchange, the characteristics assumed by Srikandi will be 'exchanged' to her Master. Simpler characteristics (hair color, eye color, fingerprints, etc) can be exchanged with a simple act lasting 10 minutes at most, while more complex traits (spiritual signature, body type, gender, etc) require at least 12 hours of preparation time and rituals. Once the changes are completed however, the trait will function perfectly as a natural occurrence would except for certain limitations imposed by the Grail. They also stay exchanged even when under the effect of prana rejection, and it is impossible to detect by any means, unless changed at a later date or Srikandi gets slain. Because of the NP's restrictions, Srikandi will always be summoned to a male Master.

* Hrusangkali [The End of Oath]
    Anti-Personnel
    Target: 1
    The arrow that slayed Bhisma. Under normal circumstances, this arrow has the power output of a C-ranked NP, but upon fulfillment of the conditions it grows in power until it can overpower many of the strongest Servants. The conditions are:
    1. Whether the target has Divinity of the rank B or higher
    2. Whether the target has fought another Servant, and both survived
    3. Whether the target has an ability that enables him/her to escape or delay death by battle, and/or fight where others would fail due to exhaustion (this can be the skill Battle Continuation (any rank), Independent Action (above B), or specific NPs)
    4. Whether Srikandi have studied the Servant or not, for at least three hours (this duration need not be consecutive)
    Upon the completion of those conditions, Hrusangkali gains a property of striking right into the spiritual core of the Servant fulfilling the criteria listed, bypassing any and all protection upon the Servant however mighty. When such a strike connects, the target must make an Endurance check; failure means that the Servant is slain instantly, while success merely deals a critical damage.
    Last edited by Gunbazca; January 6th, 2013 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Hrusangkali mechanics tweak; adding a personal skill

"MONGLERS!" - Gilgamesh, last words

@ Gunbazca- Interesting. Bhisma's death in the Hindu version is kind of lame (he's a supposedly invincible badass and let's himself die because he knows he's "fated" to lose anyway) and doesn't lend itself to NPs very well, so I can see why you went with the Javanese version of her, but it makes me wonder if the Javanese version of Srikandi is actually more powerful than her original Hindu counterpart since her victory was based more on her own merits rather than her version of Bhisma simply giving up. Like, if the two were to fight, would the Javanese version win despite the Hindu version being the original incarnation of the Servant?

Does Jati Parivatana allow her to exchange physical stats with her Master to an extent or is it just a glorified disguise/genderswap?

The conditions for Hrusangkali kind of confuse me. I can understand the target requiring some measure of Divinity as most of the badasses in those stories were demi-gods, but why the 2nd and 3rd conditions (the 3rd condition is especially a head-scratcher to me)?

I find it kind of funny that Berserker Heracles meets all of the required conditions for Hrusangkali to be used at full power... but it still wouldn't even scratch him cuz' no matter how many "+" modifiers you add the arrow is still only Rank C and God Hand only cares about the Rank, not the actual power output of the attack!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    @ Gunbazca- Interesting. Bhisma's death in the Hindu version is kind of lame (he's a supposedly invincible badass and let's himself die because he knows he's "fated" to lose anyway) and doesn't lend itself to NPs very well, so I can see why you went with the Javanese version of her, but it makes me wonder if the Javanese version of Srikandi is actually more powerful than her original Hindu counterpart since her victory was based more on her own merits rather than her version of Bhisma simply giving up. Like, if the two were to fight, would the Javanese version win despite the Hindu version being the original incarnation of the Servant?

Does Jati Parivatana allow her to exchange physical stats with her Master to an extent or is it just a glorified disguise/genderswap?

The conditions for Hrusangkali kind of confuse me. I can understand the target requiring some measure of Divinity as most of the badasses in those stories were demi-gods, but why the 2nd and 3rd conditions (the 3rd condition is especially a head-scratcher to me)?

I find it kind of funny that Berserker Heracles meets all of the required conditions for Hrusangkali to be used at full power... but it still wouldn't even scratch him cuz' no matter how many "+" modifiers you add the arrow is still only Rank C and God Hand only cares about the Rank, not the actual power output of the attack!
    You're not actually mistaken anyway. Bhisma was unbelievably old at the time (the belligerents of the war are his great-granchildren), and he really does ready to give up at some point. He was just looking for Amba's reincarnation who will finish him. The Indian version has him cherry-tapped by Sikhandi (hit by 100 arrows dealing 1 damage each); the Javanese version took a more 'dignified' route (shot with one Hrusangkali which dealt 100 damage).

As for the Sikhandi vs Srikandi duel, I think it will be a close call but Sikhandi would still win. Sure Sikhandi won't have Hrusangkali, but i think his stats would be better than Srikandi due to popular worship/reverence (the 1 billion-ish of India vs the 100 million-ish of Java & Indonesia). Sikhandi would have the raw power while Srikandi would have more finesse and a killing blow (Hrusangkali).

Jati Parivartana doesn't change physical stats too much, partly because how the whole stat system works would make it moot anyway. For example: Srikandi exchanges gender and body type with her 300-pound master. She does become a fat bastard, but since her agility is B-rank (50 times human best), her speed and reaction time won't drop too much.

The plus-adding conditions on Hrusangkali are meant to reflect the conditions of Bhisma in the final confrontation. The second reflects Bhisma's duel with Parashurama (both survived because they would've won a Pyrrhic victory either way), while the third... well, i think i derped on that one since i think Bhisma many stat pluses anyway. I can rework it so that it gains a full rank each time a condition was fulfilled (a la my Ekalavya/Palgunadi's Arjuna Hatyara), but i felt it will be much too OP (C+ that goes to A+).

Hmm~ i should stat Bhisma next

Blog Entries
    Once again, it has been a while.......

Class: Rider (Avenger)
    True Name: Gan Ceann
    Alignment: Chaotic Good

STR: ***** C
    END: ***** C
    AGI: ***** D
    MGI: ***** B
    LCK: **** E
    NP: ***** B

Keywords
    KEYWORDS

Dullahan

A type of fairy from Irish Mythology, described as a headless person dressed in black and carrying its head under one arm. It hates to be seen and usually throws a bucket-load of blood on those who dare to set their eyes on its figure. It rides a black horse throughout the land and stops only when someone nearby is about to die. The head calls out the name of said individual and summons his or her soul to its side.

Incidentally, there is a theory among modern scholars, which defends that the dullahan was not some Grim Reaper-like figure that robbed human lives, but rather something more closely resembling the Valkyries of Norse Mythology: a spirit that had the role of leading the souls of people to the other world.

Demonic Possession

One of the spiritual infirmities that was discovered in the West, a type of curse in which “something” not human possesses a human and makes him collapse from inside out. Different from what happens in the Orient, these Western “curses” are phenomena without intention much like a traffic accident.

Is impossible to systemize it due the symptoms being too vast, but it mostly occurs due to a concept called “demon”. On the basis of reasons/standards beyond human understanding, the demons possess virtuous people. Their breeding ground is healthy bodies.

The initial symptoms of those possessed are mental illnesses; they endanger their families and neighbors not through direct violence, but rather by throwing off the wrappings of reason and disparaging morals and the teachings of god. In severe cases of demonic possession, because the possessing thing attempts to reproduce its own shapeless body, not only the mind but even the flesh will suffer alterations. Normally, these alterations start from unthinkable body operations and go until the stage in which a part of the flesh has degenerated.

However, it is impossible to reproduce a demon with a human body, so those possessed by demons are forced into a strange metamorphosis and lose their lives as if matter of course. Still, there are also heresies that, in spite of having the blueprints called soul devoured, seldom manage to withstand all that and utilize the thing eating them up to survive. Those are called Demon Masters.

CLASS SKILLS

Magic Resistance: B
    Protection against magical effects. Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for her to be affected.

Riding: C
    The expertise to ride animals and vehicles. Even modern vehicles can be handled with average proficiency. However, that does not include machines built with high-end technology. This level of Riding is considered unbecoming of the Rider-Class.

PERSONAL SKILLS

Mixed-Blood: A
    Measures one’s aptitude as a non-human. The higher the rank, more one’s quality as a human being decreases. At A-Rank, rather than “a human that possesses non-human blood”, it is better to classify the Servant as “a non-human with some humanity mixed in”.

Mental Pollution: D
    Due possessing a distorted mentality, it is highly possible to shut out any mental interference Thaumaturgy. However, at the same time it becomes impossible to come to an understanding with individuals that do not possess an equivalent rank of Mental Pollution.

Mystic Face: D
    A spell inherent of one’s features, which is cast as soon as the target look at the user. A curse of fear that takes away the mental stability of others. Mystic Eyes of Terror are a common power among monsters and evil spirits, but this ability to cause fear belongs to a different kind altogether.

WEAPONS

Dark Whip
    A pitch-black weapon that resembles a human spine. Not a material object, but something that Rider constructed through the magical power of the Demon. Worth to note is that, because of this nature, its shape is not limited to a whip. Rider’s armor is also created in the same manner.

NOBLE PHANTASM

Cóiste Bodhar – Phantasmagorical Steed
    Type:
    Anti-Unit (Self)
    The black horse that accompanies Rider. Of course this is not a natural animal, but it is not a member of the Phantasm Races either. Rather, it is a split body (avatar) that the demon inside Gan Ceann created for itself. Because of the unique relationship between a demon and its master, Rider is not in fact “riding” the mare, but literally controlling a part of her own body just like an arm or leg.

Since it is an imaginary body to begin with, the black horse can transform itself into a chariot or any other kinds of transportation devices when deemed necessary. It also goes without saying that Rider’s many abilities are all originated from the demon.

Background
    BACKGROUND

Once upon a time, there was a small village isolated from the rest of the world. Located in such a remote place that contact with other communities was practically non-existent, the villagers could rely on nobody but themselves to get by. Consequentially, life was hard and scarcity was common.

Even still, the villagers lead a proud life while upholding the teachings of God.

In that village, a lovely young woman was born. Not only she was the bearer of a beauty and good health unknown to those parts, her character was also exemplary. More humble than anyone else, more kind-hearted than anyone else and more devoted to God than anyone else, she was the village’s pride and served as everyone’s guiding light with her irreproachable conduct.

Despite the hardships, life in the village was good and virtuous.

However, one day something changed.

It started with subtle things, such as the ambience being often cold and heavy and the local animals acting oddly. However, in time these strange happenings increased in intensity and incidence, and eventually even the people were affected – demonstrating a lunatic, even savage behavior. Little by little, the order of the community was crumbling apart.

Recognizing the threat, the village elders consulted a wise hermit about what was happening. To everyone’s surprise, the hermit pointed out the lovely young woman as the cause of the calamity. Not only that, he advised them to deal with her before the situation got even worse.

Although reluctant at first, the elders made a decision for the sake of the whole community. Regardless of how dear she was to them, the young woman had to be sacrificed so that the village could be saved. Thus, she was captured, taken to an isolated location far away and finally killed – her beheaded body abandoned in a shallow grave at that place.

But unknown to them, the young woman survived that predicament…

Symbiotic Existence

Demon. The Sixth Imaginary Element. A passive thing that is created and summoned by people’s wishes. A realized illusion that built its shape from the human concepts. To materialize, the “shape created by people” is necessary. Regardless of the results, as something that understands and attempts to remove the suffering of people, from a certain point of view they are allies of humans.

The source of that calamity was not actually the young woman, but the demon that had possessed her. After nesting itself on her body, the demon quickly began to develop and grow stronger. The strange happenings were nothing but a natural consequence of the demon’s powers spreading across the surroundings.

Still, the young woman herself was little affected by the demon’s growth. For better or for worse, she was born with a quality to resist – or rather, to accept the demon and its distortions. The more it developed, more the demon became an inherent part of the young woman. By the type the hermit identified her as the source of all evil, she and the demon were already a single existence, living in perfect symbiosis.

Since the way her body worked was completely overwritten by the demon, the young woman could keep on living even after her head and body were split apart. Thus, she revived sometime after being abandoned at that remote place.

Believing that she was wrongly accused, the young woman initially sought revenge against the villagers upon her resurrection. However, upon returning and seeing that life in the village went back to what it was before during her absence, she had no choice but to face the truth. However, doing so completely broke her psyche.

Afterwards, she attempted to protect the village using her newfound demon powers out of guilt. Still, because of her distorted worldview, her methods were no different than outright tormenting the villagers. It wasn’t long before she was praised in fear as Gan Ceann, the demoniac headless rider.

Ironically enough, her activities as Gan Ceann became an encouragement for the villagers to remain being virtuous. In the end, be as a human or as a demon, her role in life never changed. After everything that happened, her existence still served to support and save those around her.
    Last edited by Master of Chaos; March 4th, 2013 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbazca View Post
    You're not actually mistaken anyway. Bhisma was unbelievably old at the time (the belligerents of the war are his great-granchildren), and he really does ready to give up at some point. He was just looking for Amba's reincarnation who will finish him. The Indian version has him cherry-tapped by Sikhandi (hit by 100 arrows dealing 1 damage each); the Javanese version took a more 'dignified' route (shot with one Hrusangkali which dealt 100 damage).

As for the Sikhandi vs Srikandi duel, I think it will be a close call but Sikhandi would still win. Sure Sikhandi won't have Hrusangkali, but i think his stats would be better than Srikandi due to popular worship/reverence (the 1 billion-ish of India vs the 100 million-ish of Java & Indonesia). Sikhandi would have the raw power while Srikandi would have more finesse and a killing blow (Hrusangkali).

Jati Parivartana doesn't change physical stats too much, partly because how the whole stat system works would make it moot anyway. For example: Srikandi exchanges gender and body type with her 300-pound master. She does become a fat bastard, but since her agility is B-rank (50 times human best), her speed and reaction time won't drop too much.

The plus-adding conditions on Hrusangkali are meant to reflect the conditions of Bhisma in the final confrontation. The second reflects Bhisma's duel with Parashurama (both survived because they would've won a Pyrrhic victory either way), while the third... well, i think i derped on that one since i think Bhisma many stat pluses anyway. I can rework it so that it gains a full rank each time a condition was fulfilled (a la my Ekalavya/Palgunadi's Arjuna Hatyara), but i felt it will be much too OP (C+ that goes to A+).

Hmm~ i should stat Bhisma next
    Thanks for the explanations!

@ Master of Chaos - An interesting take on the classic dullahan legend (I keep picturing her as Celty from Durara). But what about the bucket of blood, the ability to unlock any barriers/gates that bar entry, or the supposed weakness to gold from the old legends?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Thanks for the explanations!

@ Master of Chaos - An interesting take on the classic dullahan legend (I keep picturing her as Celty from Durara). But what about the bucket of blood, the ability to unlock any barriers/gates that bar entry, or the supposed weakness to gold from the old legends?
    No surprise there, for Celty was my inspiration when I created this Servant!

I just need to point out that, Rider is not a real dullahan - merely a Demon Master that was mistaken for one (the real thing is actually a fairy that already evolved to the level of Elementals). So it is only natural that she does not inherently has all the traits of the mystic headless rider. Still, some of those traits are imitated to some extent by making use of the demon's powers, which are very similar to the "wish-granting"-qualities of the Einzbern's Holy Grail.

Blog Entries
    @Master of Chaos: Hmm, pretty interesting. It has nice flavor at all the right places. Also, isn't she like St. George since his riding expertise is mostly Bayard's doing anyway?

Aaanyway, here's a little detour to Java. I'll have you know though, this time the guy is a total Javanese homebrew and not an Indo-Javanese entity. Meet Ajisaka, Java's legendary first king.
    =====================

Ajisaka
    "There were two retainers
    Who sank into quarrels
    Equal they are in a fight
    In the end, both lay dead."

Image (c) v3lv3l @ Deviantart

The Bringer of Words, and First King of Java.
    Hailing from the land of Saka, far far away, Ajisaka first came to the uncharted island of Jawa when he heard of man-eating savages populating its confines. Leaving his retainers Dora and Sembodo to guard his powerful weapons at the shore, he ventured into the mainland and eventually conquered the evil king Dewatacengkar, forcing him into the form of a giant white crocodile. The evil king's menace continues though, but with the help of his less-than-stellar son Jaka Linglung Dewatacengkar's threat can be ended once and for all. Little did the new king knew, his problems has just begun...

Possible Class: Caster, Archer, Saber, Lancer, Rider (stats & skills given as Caster)
    Master: ???

Parameters:
    * Alignment: Lawful Good
    * Noble Phantasm: A+
    * Strength: C
    * Endurance: C
    * Agility: B
    * Mana: A
    * Luck: C

Class Skills:

* Territory Creation B+
    (Caster-specific class skill)
    is the skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus. At this rank, Ajisaka can create an adequate "Workshop"; with the deployment of his Laladan Saka Noble Phantasm, the Workshop improves greatly in quality for a short time.

* Item Construction C
    (Caster-specific class skill)
    This reflects the skill to manufacture magical items. At this skill level, Ajisaka can make talismans that confer various benefits. He prefers exquisitely dyed cloth made into a sash, bandana, obi, scarf, or the likes (although never a full item of clothing like a shirt or trousers).

Personal skills:

* Charisma B
    This skill represents the natural talent to command an army. It will increase the ability of allies during group battles. A rare talent, Ajisaka's rank is suitable for a king of a country.

* Magecraft C
    This skill represents knowledge about modern Thaumaturgy. At this rank, Ajisaka is capable of using orthodox Thaumaturgy.

Noble Phantasms:

* Dwipa Aksara [Upon These Letters Kingdoms shall Rise]
    Varies
    Target: Varies
    Ajisaka's enduring contribution to the culture of Java, these twenty letters carry a magical effect the same way a rune does. However, due to its relatively young age, the letters must be spoken as a sentence to bring out greater magical effect; Otherwise, the effect of single letters are mostly relegated to low, cantrip-level magic. These greater effects also vary depending which class Ajisaka is summoned into. There are four sentences of which this NP can be invoked to its full effect:
    + Hana Caraka (Anti-Personnel, Rank C): This sentence summons Dora and Sembodo, two magical familiars suited for battle. Their strength are comparable to low- to mid-level Servant (Casters get the highest level out of them). The two servants are always in some sort of argument, and they would not stop bickering unless given a foe to fight. The prana expenditure for this sentence is rather high, and the only class which can viably maintain this form is Caster. However, this sentence can be utilized to summon two B-rank swords if Ajisaka is summoned into the Saber class.
    + Data Sawala (Anti-Army/Anti-Personnel, Rank B): This sentence summons Jaka Linglung, a large and sentient (if a bit of a slowpoke) serpent with great speed and skill. It is stronger than both Dora & Sembodo by a fair margin, and its size belie its incredible speed. It is totally loyal to Ajisaka, and can also be used as a steed by a Rider-class Ajisaka. Its prana expenditure is larger that Hana Caraka above, but it is reduced if Ajisaka is summoned as a Rider. This sentence will summon a B-rank poisoned spear/arrow if spoken by a Lancer- or Archer-class Ajisaka.
    + Padha Jayanya (Anti-Army, Rank A): This sentence unleashes Dewatacengkar, a ferocious white crocodile with penchant of eating human (and Servant) flesh. It is treated as perpetually affected by B-rank Mad Enhancement, and will turn to Ajisaka given half a chance. It can also breathe out a superheated cone of steam to weaken or kill as many foes as possible. Ajisaka, if called as a Caster, must roll a LUK check every 10 minutes to keep Dewatacengkar from turning against him; if called as a Rider, he instead must utilize Data Sawala to summon a rein to be able to 'ride' the great crocodile, upping the prana consumption in exchange of a vastly smaller chance of Dewatacengkar turning to eat him.
    + Maga Bathanga (Anti-Fortress, Rank A): This sentence summons a shimmering weapon powerful enough to decimate a castle. The form of the weapon itself varies according to class; the Knight Classes gets a weapon appropriate to class, Rider gets a white armor for his steed, and Caster gets a gem that can shoot destructive beams. This weapon can only be invoked once and consumes a great amount of prana, so Ajisaka is sure to reserve this as a last resort.

* Laladan Saka [I Shall Prevail In Lands Covered by This Cloth]
    Support
    Target: Area, up to 400 square meters
    Can only be invoked if Ajisaka is summoned as a Caster
    A cloth turban that can be seen on Ajisaka's head, this Noble Phantasm gains its name in the legend in which he forces Dewatacengkar to plunge into the ocean by enlarging this cloth to cover all of Java. Now, the NP acts as an enhancer to Ajisaka's Workshop. It will repel all Servants (but not attacks made by Servants outside range) and many other supernatural beings, while in the same time enabling Ajisaka to draw more prana from the land. However, the safe usage limit of this NP is only 2 hours, and once used it will be rendered inert for the next 22 hours. This NP can be deployed outside of Ajisaka's designated Workshop, but only the repelling properties is retained.
    Last edited by Gunbazca; December 12th, 2012 at 01:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbazca View Post
    @Master of Chaos: Hmm, pretty interesting. It has nice flavor at all the right places. Also, isn't she like St. George since his riding expertise is mostly Bayard's doing anyway?
    More or less. St. George's case works under a concept that "Bayard's master will have no trouble riding it, regardless of his own skills". Meanwhile, what we have here is more like "Gan Ceann will always handle the Cóiste Bodhar with perfect skill, no matter what kind of vehicle it is."

夜属 Nightkin
    Ho! Ho! Ho!

An early christmas gift from me to all you, a servant who is quite relevant to this time of year.

He comes from notes I found on a plot bunny I had written about what happened when a particular master summoned forth their servant on the night of December 25th, after finding it I decided to write up a character sheet for that servant!

Servant Rider

True Name: Saint Nicholas, Bishop of Myra
    Also known as: NIcholas the Wonderworker, Nikolaos of Bari
    False name: Kris Kringle, Santa Claus

Hair Color: White
    Height: 180 cm
    Weight: 125 kg
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Natural Enemy: Artemis

History

Born in the third century, Nicholas was one of the youngest Bishops in history. He was appointed as the bishop of Myra by the Lycian bishops after the death of his predecessor. He was appointed over his own objections that he was too young and inexperienced due to a prophecy that the next man named Nicholas to walk into the church would be the next Bishop of Myra. In following with the teachings of Christ he gave up his inheritance in order to help those in need. Over the course of his life his name became synonymous with giving, and due to his travels became the patron saint of sailors. Since his death has also become the patron saint of over a dozen cities including Amsterdam and Liverpool. Due to the many miracles he performed in his life he has been given the nickname Nicholas the Wonderworker.

His journey in life began in his hometown where he would often visit the monastery led by his uncle, also named Nicholas, who was the abbot. This began his dedication to the church, where he would perform the various rituals that the monks would engage in. Nicholas's parents, Nonna and Theopanes, both died of the plague when Nicholas was still a boy. Due to their success in life they left him a great inheritance, and from this point he lived with his uncle and the monks and continued his life of devotion to the church. Eventually Nicholas took it upon himself to take a pilgrimage to the starting place of Christianity. On this journey he took an Egyptian ship with complete strangers. One night while he slept he had a dream of a great storm, he informed the sailors that there would be a storm ahead but that they ought not worry for God would protect them. Sure enough the sky darkened and strong winds bombarded the ship, the waves made it impossible to keep the ship under control. Even after drawing down the sails the men feared and asked for Nicholas to pray for their safety. One of the men went up to the top of the mast to tie the sails down, and after doing so slipped and fell to his death. As Nicholas prayed the storm quelled somewhat, and when he prayed for the fallen sailor the shiphand awoke as if he had merely been sleeping, the man awoke without pain and they ventured to the holy land. Upon arrival he visited all of the holy places, Golgotha, Bethlehem, The Holy Sephulchre, and many others.

Some time after his trip to the holy land he ventured into a church where the various Bishops of Lycia had gathered, and was immediately conferred the status of Bishop. This was due to a voice heard by the oldest and wisest bishop that the next man names Nicholas to walk into that church would be the next Bishop of Myra. After taking his seat in Myra he launched a violent war against the temple of Artemis, in order to keep his flock away from the temptation of giving sacrament and praying to the heathen goddess. Over a long and bloody campaign he succeeded, the grandest temple in Lycia was no more with the very foundation it was built upon uprooted. Sometime later a famine befell Lycia, Nicholas sent out to the owner of a grain transport in his dream and told him to bring the ship to Myra and to sell it there in exchange for three gold coins. When the grain trader awoke he found three gold coins in his hand and taking it as an omen steered his ship to Myra where he sold his grain, saving the city from the famine.

In 325 Emperor Constantine convened the Council of Nicaea, more than 300 Bishops came to debate the nature of the holy trinity. At one point the bishop Arius argued forcefully that Jesus the Son was not equal to God the Father. Becoming more agitated as this went on Nicholas eventually rose from his seat in outrage, crossed the room, and slapped Arius in the face. This was a great crime for such an occasion, and in front of Constantine no less. He was stripped of his Bishop's garments, chained, and thrown in jail. Ashamed, Nicholas prayed for forgiveness. During the night, Jesus and Mary his Mother appeared asking "Why are you in jail?" "Because of my love for you," Nicholas replied. Jesus then gave the Book of the Gospels to Nicholas. Mary gave him an omophorion, so Nicholas would again be dressed as a bishop. Now at peace, Nicholas studied the Scriptures for the rest of the night. When the jailer came in the morning, he found the chains loose on the floor and Nicholas dressed in bishop's robes, quietly reading the Scriptures. When Constantine was told of this, the emperor asked that Nicholas be freed. Nicholas was then fully reinstated as the Bishop of Myra. From this point on He became known as a protector of the weak, and an arbiter of justice up until his dying days.

In 343 Nicholas was dying and he prayed for the angels to take his body saying "I have hope in thee, O Lord" . . . . " into thine hands I commend my spirit." His earthly body, borne by a great procession of bishops, priests, monks, and deacons, was laid to rest in a marble tomb in the crypt of his own cathedral church in Myra. From his tomb there flowed a fountain of manna that has continued until this day.

(story part quoted and part paraphrased from stnicholascenter.org)

Parameters

Str D
    End C
    Agi D+
    Mag A
    Luk A
    NP A+

Class Skills

Riding A+

Rider capable of riding all but the highest ranked phantasm beasts such as dragons. Due to his nature as the patron saint of Sailing, he is even more effective at controlling all vessels of the sea.

Magic Resistance C

Due to his nature as the embodiment of one of the Patron Saints of Christianity, Rider has mild divine protection from all forms of thaumaturgy reducing the efficacy of all spells that would affect him. Due to the nature of his protection as being divine it will reduce the effects of thaumaturgy used on Rider by a full rank, but is not capable of outright cancelling spells regardless of how weak or simple.

Personal Skills

Animal Communication Ex

Rider is capable of communicating with animals, as evidenced in his False Legend by his talking to the reindeer that pull his sleigh. This ability actually stems from the fact that he cowed a Dragon with his words and blessing during his life, charming it into submission in order to keep it from attacking a town.

As old as his tongue but older than his teeth: B

His legend originally started during the Third Century, which was the tail end of the Age of Gods. He is well versed in both modern and ancient methods of spellcasting, and can readily identify most lower ranked spells at a glance. His knowledge extends so far as to grant him the equivalent of a B rank in the personal skill Magecraft. It is through this knowledge and skill that Rider performed the miracles attributed to him. He activates all of his mysteries through a variant of divine words, utilizing scripture as his aria.

False Legend: A

Unlike most servants Rider has both a true name and a false name. His false name is due to a related legend attributed to him long after his death, that of the fictional character Santa Claus. Due to this false attribution his appearance takes on that of his false persona rather than his true self. This is both a boon and a curse. It will cause him to be instantly recognized, but as the heroic of the spirit of Christmas
    Santa Claus, rather than his true identity as the patron saint Nicholas. Additionally this causes the physical representations of his mysteries and skills to alter to fit in with the legend associated with his false name. Finally due to his status as a heroic spirit, rather than as the saint himself, the legends associated with his false identity grant him additional abilities his own legend did not have. At this rank it would take the utterance of the true name of his Noble Phantasm to determine his identity.

Prana Burst: A

Though it is not known amongst the general public, Santa Claus actually manages to make his travel around the world in a single night due to judicious use of the Prana Burst skill to increase the flight speed of both his sleigh and his reindeer. Rider originally developed the skill in order to be able to better help those in need, and even utilized the skill when saving a young child named Basilios from captivity. He later found great use in easing the burdens on his mount by utilizing the technique. While it expends prana on the level of a lesser ritual Rider's experience with this skill allows him to temporarily boost his Agility parameter.

Gift Giver: C

During his life Rider possessed a fortune, but following the words of Jesus Christ he gave up his possessions to help others. Upon ascension to the throne he gained this skill, it allows him to utilize the benefits of the Golden Rule personal skill, but he may only use it to help out those in need.

Noble Phantasms:

Manna of Saint Nicholas: D

After his death, Saint Nicholas's grave filled with a liquid Relic known as Manna. This substance is said to have the power to heal, has a sweet perfume-like smell and holds the conceptual property of "warding off evil". Since his body is the presumed originator of the liquid Rider himself gains the benefits associated with manna so long as he is in material form. This grants him the benefit of healing his wounds much more efficiently with prana (specifically ambient mana) to the point that he can heal himself while in his material body without depleting his prana reserves in the slightest. Since it is the liquid relic that grants him this benefit he does not gain these benefits while in spiritual form.

Myra (Anti Fortress): A+

This phantasm is the crystallization of Rider's relationship with the city Myra During his life. Rider was instated as the bishop to the city of Myra, residing over it for several decades. During his reign Rider led a near-crusade that culminated in the ultimate destruction of the most beautiful structure in all of Lycia, the temple to Artemis in the city of Myra. The goddess's temple was completely destroyed, its very base having been completely uprooted. Originally this phantasm would take the form of Rider's bishop robes, but due to his False Legend it instead takes the form of a sleigh. Myra has the defensive quality of a fortress and the offensive conceptual property of "uprooting the foundation", the latter ability is utilized by speaking the first and second commandments followed by Myra's name. Due to his False Legend Rider does not need to speak its true name to utilize its defensive capabilities in its sleigh form.

The sleigh can be summoned by Rider at will either by invoking its true name, or with the aria "Now Dasher, now Dancer, now Prancer and Vixen, on Comet, on Cupid, on Donner and Blitzen".

Speaking this phantasm's true name unlocks its final ability. By uttering Myra's name while utilizing this phantasm all Greek heroes, as well as all worhippers of the goddess Artemis will suffer rank down to all attributes for as long as he remains in the area. This is caused by Artemis's nature as the daughter of Zeus, the king of greek gods as such all Greek heroes will suffer for the desecration of the greatest temple of one of the members of their pantheon.

Rudolph (and the other reindeer): C

Due to the recent myths associated with Rider's False Legend he is able to summon forth a pack of reindeer that are all monstrous beasts. There are nine reindeer in total, each of which is a mid-ranking monstrous beast. Among them there are three in partiuclar with significant additional value. Rudolph, due to having his own legend has actually ascended to the level of phantasmal beast and due to this is immune to most magecraft, including magic from even the age of gods. Also Donner and Blitzen are together capable of summoning small thunderclouds and lightning bolts due to their names having been derived from the Germanic words for thunder and lightning. Together the reindeer represent a force with combat capability comparable to lower-ranked servants. Each reindeer can be summoned forth with a simple verbal command utilizing their name.

The funny thing is that this is the trimmed version, I originally had about four more personal skills relating to his other miracles, but cut them out and/or merged them with other skills as they just weren't as interesting.

I am fairly confident in the accuracy of these ranks/skills/phantasms not being greviously wanked (wanked somewhat, but c'mon he's santy claus and even being a jew I think it is completely appropriate for him), with the sole exception of Animal communication... I assume that anything having to do with dragons is Ex, but I honestly have no idea. To be honest he would be fine even if you just struck that one right out, but seeing as how in Nasuverse dragons are SERIOUS BUSINESS, it seemed sad to leave out that legend, so I kept it in despite it being rather wanky.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by firloz View Post
    snip
    Oh man, I was thinking of doing Santa Claus (or as I prefer calling him, Father Christmas). I was going to make the Sleigh an A+++ rank NP(it moves at a speed approaching the speed of light) and his bag an EX rank NP(all those toys). The only way to defeat him would be to not need any material goods(aka Gilgamesh wins again).
    Last edited by BlackField; December 12th, 2012 at 07:58 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by firloz View Post
    *snip*
    For great justice.

Sets me thinking though... can the debacle in Nicaea be basis for summoning a Berz-Santa?

Terra
    "Enigmatic Soldier"

Class: Berserker

Alignment:
    Chaotic Good

Appearance: a suit of bronze-colored of weathered armor, dark red cape.

Stats: (without Mad Enhancement)
    Strength:
    A
    Endurance:
    A+
    Agility: C

Magic: C

Luck: E

Noble Phantasm:
    A/A+

Class Skills:
    Mad Enhancement: Grants Rank Up to all stats at cost of rational thinking. Rank A

Personal Skills:
    Battle Continuation A: The Ability to survive normally fatal wounds and continue fighting without a significant loss in performance, as well as the ability to be unaffected by extreme Temperatures. the damage is still dealt, but it has no effect on the Performance of the Servant. Effects like Bleeding or Freezing to Death are also weakened.

Eternal Arms Mastery: Terra's mastery of the Keyblade and its alternate forms is not lost due to Mad Enhancement.

Rage Awakened: Attacks below rank B are rendered irrelevant, while stronger attacks have a lessened effect.

Noble Phantasm:
    Earthbreaker - Keyblade
    Type: Anti-Unit
    A blade that can cut through anything, given sufficient force behind it.

Ultima Cannon - The Final Shotlock
    Type: Anti-Fortress
    Range: 1-150
    Maximum Number of targets: 300 People
    The Keyblade morphs into a shoulder-mounted cannon three times bigger than Terra himself is, and the longer Berserker charges it, the more consecutive shots can be fired - from one, two as many as ten.

Will's Cage
    Type: Bounded Field
    Range: 50 meters.
    Berserker traps his enemy and himself in a bounded field which takes the form of an orange barrier covered with moving rusted chains. The field cannot be broken, and once activated, only one may leave alive.

Background: Terra wanted to be recognized as a Keyblade Master by his mentor and father figure, Eraqus. However, time and again he was manipulated by another trusted mentor, Xehanort, until he unwittingly helped to murder Eraqus and played a part in his best friend becoming the unstoppable weapon 'x-blade', and ultimately, having his very soul and body taken over by Xehanort. However, the sheer force of Terra's regret and his newfound hatred of Xehanort brought Terra's armor to life, and he ruthlessly defeated Xehanort.

We really need to split the threads further.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    How so?

Blog Entries
    The thread are already informally split, with this thread leaning towards the mythological side while the other one focusing on modern fiction.

Of course, new people tend to find the first one they see (this thread) and post there regardless.

It's a secret to everybody! The Green Flame's Avatar
    I'll give it a go with a Servant who is probably played by Keith David

Class: Caster
    True Name: Baron Samedi
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Stats

Strength - E
    Agility - C
    Mana - A+
    Endurance - C

Luck - D

Class Skills

Territory Creation - B: Creation of a "Workshop" becomes possible.

Item Creation - A: Capable of making healing potions that grant limited immortality.

Personal Skills

Divinity - B: Although they are closer to angels or saints than actual deities, all Loa have their own particular rituals and services attributed to them.

Life or Death? - A: While a master of the dead, Samedi is also a giver of life. With sufficient time, Baron Samedi can prevent certain death for all but the most devastated of bodies. At the same time, he can easily tip someone recovering right over the edge into the afterlife.

Noble Phantasm

Hex

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: EX
    Max Targets: 1

Effect: A versatile spell used by wielders of the Voodoo art, the Hex brings a curse to its target with various effects such as disease, intense physical pain, or even death. While it can be used in combat, chances of success increase if performed through a workshop.

Friends On The Other Side

Type: Support
    Range: 1-30
    Max Targets: 30

Effect: The trump card of the Guédé leader, Baron Samedi throws his all into manipulating the boundaries between life and death to forcefully recruit the dead to his cause. With his skill and finesse, Baron Samedi is not only capable of pulling the dead from beyond the grave but can also pull deceased Servants from the Grail to do his bidding. However Servants summoned from the Grail suffer a rank down to their noble phantasms and are forcefully given C Rank Mad Enhancement.