Page 212 of 782 FirstFirst ... 112162202207210211212213214217222262312712 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,240 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    your links a splode

edit them

Blog Entries
    I would like to apologize for that previous entry - I was probably just intrigued (read: psyched and ready to have fun with the concept) by the notion of an Assassin that dropped a giant statue on top of a target - and messed up on trying to find out more from related topics and details.
    I'm going to try and work out the idea into something actual viable and suited to the "entire" story/history behind the assassination, and the source I had up is likely going to help me tremendously.
    Last edited by Lycodrake; January 14th, 2013 at 07:19 PM.

Blog Entries

Arda-Mulissi

Tentative Appearance

Class: Assassin
    Titles: N/A
    **True Name: Arda-Mulissi
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Background/History
    Arda-Mulissi, also named and known as Arad-Ninlil, was the reputed assassin of the Assyrian King Sennacherib, and the man's second-eldest son.

As the second in line to the throne, he felt secure in his chance to claim the title of crown-prince after the Babylonians kidnapped of his elder brother Assur-nădin-sumi and took him to Elam. But instead his younger and sickly brother Esarhaddon was granted that title - probably because of the younger boy’s mother, Naqia, was the king's favorite.

The kingdom swore loyalty to the newly crowned prince, but there were those that wanted Arda as king who contacted him carefully. In time, that group grew in numbers as his brother lost popularity among the people. Fearing for his crown-prince’s safety, Sennacherib sent him away for protection - in effect exiling but not renouncing the crown-prince.

Arda-Mulissi and his followers held considerable political weight, but couldn’t target Esarhaddon, and there were too few military campaigns to participate in to gain further popularity. This seemingly left them with one option, which Arda-Mulissi had to act on swiftly: take kingship by force. He and his men signed a “treaty of rebellion” to that end.

Arda-Mulissi, not long after, assassinated his father Sennacherib. Accounts differ on the method of death. Some versions say he stabbed him to death, but there are others that say he crushed his father alive under a Lammusu (or Shedu) while the other man was praying. Though he did not gain the throne and became reviled by many of his countrymen, he gained many followers and allies.

-Notes: Not much is known of his later years, let alone what happened to him after this assassination; there are theories that he was eventually hunted down and killed by his brother's - formerly his father's - best warriors. By Biblical account he is known as “Baal Adramelch” or “Adrammelech”, which is erroneous.

Personality: Assassin is a charming warrior-prince with equal parts wit and charisma. Rather than arrogant, he is purely confident with an air of trustworthiness; he values honesty and loyalty among allies. Above all, he wanted, and still wants, to be a great leader to his people, be they warrior, priest, merchant, commoner, or slave.
    However, because of his experiences in life, he holds the seeds of a haunting bitterness in his heart, and is wary of betrayal by his Master or allies, unless they answer to him or treat he and his word as equal and worthy of respect. He looks for an equal in his Master, not an arrogant fool.

Strength: C (D)
    Endurance: D
    Agility: B
    Mana: E+
    Luck: B

Noble Phantasm: C

Equipment: Khopesh (Sappara); As a warrior-prince, Assassin wields this iconic sickle-sword with great skill and mastery, but it is merely a tool and weapon, holding no fame or legend of its own.

Class Skills

Presence Concealment - The ability to conceal the Servant's presence, granted usually to the Assassin Class.
    **B-: At this rank, the Servant cannot be tracked by normal methods and low-level spells, and only reveals his or her presence when attacking or moving at high speeds.
    Assassin was able to take great care to not only be undetected by the king and his guards, but also to all priests and priestesses within the temple.

Personal Skills

Treacherous Endangerment - The ability to strike in the most brutal and damaging way. Higher ranks allow the user to carefully observe his opponent and time his strike to maximize accuracy. This ability can be used once per battle, and lasts for 15 turns.
    ** C-: At this rank the Servant is capable of greatly enhancing the damage of his blows. All offensive actions are counted a rank higher in damage.
    As a traitor to his father the king, Assassin knew the man he intended to kill, including when he was most vulnerable and least expecting to be attacked.

Disengage - The ability to break away from battle.
    ** C: At this rank, the Servant can retreat from battle effectively. Also has the ability to return an unfavorable battle to the first turn and return technique stats to their defaults.
    Assassin was a warrior-prince honed on the battle field, but wisely left the scene of the murder after the damage was done. He holds no illusion of pride that prevents him from taking advantage of the option to retreat, though he does not take this action out of cowardace.

Divinity is the measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels one is treated as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a Monster, Demonic Beast raises. It can also decrease due one's dislike for the gods. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called "purge defense" in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith.
    ** D: (Assassin has been connected to Moloch, the Ammonite god of the sun with features of a bull, and Adramelech, the Sepharvite god of the sun. Adrammelech is also the name of an equine or peacock-like humanoid demon in some literature, attributed to being at the level of Chancellor in Hell and in charge of Satan's wardrobe.)

Noble Phantasm
    **Shedu - Crushing Protective Spirit
    Type: Anti-Unit

The Lamassu, aka Shedu, are minor Mesopotamian protective deities or creatures with the main body of a bull or lion, eagle wings, and a human head or face. In some instances, they are depicted with a full human upper torso. There are theories that trace or link these creatures to the Sphinx as progenitors.

The Shedu were specifically associated with the Akkadian deity Ishum (also Isum), brother to the sun god Shamash and attendant to the plague god Erra. More importantly, Ishum was associated with fire and acted as a herald during war. According to some texts, Ishum holds major origin as the Sumerian herald god Endursaga, theorized to be one and the same.

In the case of this Noble Phantasm, Assassin, instead of acting as a “beast-master”, calls forth the statue form of one of these beings, slumbering in divine stone, carved from the earth - Ninhursag herself. Most like a cartoonish anvil - except far less funny and far more lethal, Arda summons it above his target, his intention clear: crushing them between the earth and the offshoot of the earth. He merely has to speak the beast's name.

Those of Agility greater than the rank of this Noble Phantasm have a chance to dodge not dependant on Luck. An Endurance check must be met by targets with low Agility, but with Treacherous Endangerment, this is far more complicated than it seems. It gains the "+" modifier because the Lamassu (Shedu) holds a fraction of divinity or divine blessing in its legend, allowing it to harm Servants.

-Important note: Assassin is able to use Shedu a total of 8-14 times every 24 hours; the variable depends on weather and sunlight - the more sunlight there was during the day, the more uses, and the less sunlight during the day, the fewer uses.
    He can "stock up" usages up to 16.
    He can use Shedu twice in one hour, but prefers to only use it once in one hour.

xxxxxxx

Source: http://www.gatewaystobabylon.com/int...ennacherib.htm
    I believe this is much better than it was. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Lycodrake; November 16th, 2015 at 08:26 PM.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ok, this made me chuckle. Really, really nice, Lyco.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    Ok, this made me chuckle. Really, really nice, Lyco.
    Thanks! I had fun with this one. ^^

Blog Entries
    I've been loitering in the LoTRwiki a lot these past few days, but the funniness of this profile just took a new height as i realized that this guy shared a name with Tolkienian earth. It is still a usable profile though, if a bit silly. Good job.

In another note, Bhisma was overhauled. I took out Pashupatastra until i can figure out a way around not making it a ranged Gae Bulge.

"MONGLERS!" - Gilgamesh, last words

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbazca View Post
    I've been loitering in the LoTRwiki a lot these past few days, but the funniness of this profile just took a new height as i realized that this guy shared a name with Tolkienian earth. It is still a usable profile though, if a bit silly. Good job.
    I'm not sure who (or what profile) you're addressing with this.

Blog Entries
    It's like, Gaia's revenge, man.

"MONGLERS!" - Gilgamesh, last words

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbazca View Post
    It's like, Gaia's revenge, man.
    Ah, alright; just making sure.

Arda-Mulissi: Who's that? I guess I'll keep reading

History: eh, okay
    Stats: hmmm
    Skills: alright I guess
    Noble Phantasm: AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously, that Noble Phantasm is awesome. I can just imagine him trying to insert the word Shendu into conversation.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asdfghl View Post
    Arda-Mulissi: Who's that? I guess I'll keep reading

History: eh, okay
    Stats: hmmm
    Skills: alright I guess
    Noble Phantasm: AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously, that Noble Phantasm is awesome. I can just imagine him trying to insert the word Shendu into conversation.
    Well, "Shedu", but yeah, that's the intended order of responses that I was aiming for. Glad to know you like it. ^^

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That statue dropping Assassin.
    YES.

xD Awesome portrayal of him there Lyco.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
    Death by statue reminds me of that one Dark Brotherhood quest in Skyrim.
    It reminds me playing Worms: Concrete Donkey.
    But mainly of Looney Tunes' Acme anvils.

Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    That statue dropping Assassin.
    YES.

xD Awesome portrayal of him there Lyco.
    Glad you like it, YOLF. ^^
    Last edited by Lycodrake; January 15th, 2013 at 03:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    Alrightie people, a new servant profile for an Assassin that's actually a Hassan this time. A proper Hassan that actually feels like an assassin too!

Hassan-Ih-Sabbah
    the Fifth

Class: Assassin
    Alignment: Neutral Evil

Parameters

Strength: D
    Agility: B
    Endurance: C
    Mana: C
    Luck: C
    Noble Phantasm: A

Class Skills

Presence Concealment: A+
    This skill represents the capacity to hide one's presence as a Servant. At this rank it is possible to disappear completely and become almost impossible to be detected. However, its efficiency will decrease when preparations to attack are taken.

Personal Skills

Apothecary: A
    Assassin is an unparalleled master of alchemy. He has extremely extensive knowledge and experience in the making of poisons, drugs and medicines of all sort. With this much skill, it is also possible for Assassin to create potions and elixirs capable of replicating mysteries to some degree.
    At this rank, what he can make is limited only by the ingredients available and time constraints. A great variety of effects can be reproduced.

Self Modification: C
    This skill describes Assassin's aptitude to merge his own flesh with the body parts of others. The higher the rank, the further one is from a true hero.
    Assassin used this skill to fuse the mane of shadows of a Daeva with himself.

Dishonorable Tactics: D
    Assassins have never been known for sticking to a code of honor when fighting, but this particular Hassan took it a step further. Anything is a weapon, any weapon is as good of an instrument of killing as another, and all weapons are better with poison. At least, that's the way he likes to think.
    Assassin is skilled with a multitude of weapons that include but are not limited to daggers, throwing knives, bows, crossbows, swords, scimitars, axes, needles, chains, razor wire and garrote wire. Most of these weapons are laced with debilitating and deadly poisons refined by Assassin himself.

Noble Phantasm

Zabaniya - Delusional Shadow
    Type: Anti-Unit, Support

A magical mantle of shadows taken from a daeva and then attached to Assassin's body.

Although it manifests as a flowing black cloak, it is actually the mane of living darkness of a daeva, ripped and separated from its corpse, and then stitched to Assassin's flesh, where it merged with his body beyond just a physical shroud. The shroud gives Assassin powers over shadows and darkness that can be harnessed for a variety of uses and due to its nature as part of his body, he may make it assume whatever shape he thinks is more practical.

Normally, it will simply be present on Assassin as a black cloak completely covering him except for his skull mask. He may shift its form so it no longer covers his entire body, making it appear hood-less, like a flowing scarf, or wrap it around only a part of him. However, some area around his shoulders and neck will always be partially covered, since that was where Assassin originally grafted the shroud to his skin.

Using the shroud's power allows Assassin to transverse shadows within a limited distance. As long as he is touching or within a shadow, he may sink into it in order to emerge from another shadow. This includes his own shadow. However, since this dislocation in space using shadows as a medium approaches the realm of True Magic, the maximum distance he may cover is about 200 meters in one dive. The prana cost will be higher the longer the distance he wishes to transverse, and increased by repeated usages.

Through an inner Reality Marble-like effect, the shroud also allows Assassin to store a near limitless number of hidden weapons and concoctions of his own making in it. So long as the cloak is intact, Assassin has free access to these and may bring them forth at any time as if they were on his person without being encumbered. For one who was already a master of hidden weapons, this use of the mane of darkness was something Assassin developed to enhance the use of his already deadly arsenal.

However, the designation of this Noble Phantasm as Zabaniya does not come from these abilities, but from the killing technique born from it employed by Assassin, invoked by the name of the daeva it was stolen from - Sawar, the Daeva of oppression.

In order for Assassin to use this technique, he must first have visibility of his target, and his target must either be in shadow, or casting a shadow large enough for Assassin to emerge from it. Upon designating a target and calling the technique, Assassin will first sink into his own shadow and disappear. His target will then be immobilized and unable to detach himself from the shadow as he starts to be pulled into it. Tendrils will manifest from the pooling darkness and pull the enemy with increasing strength as Assassin himself emerges and finally drags the target into his shadows and consumes him.

The consumption of the affected target is not instant. Assassin drags him into his inner shadow world, where he is completely restrained and turned into Mana - the process takes as long as the enemy's Mana reserves. However, the ability is not perfect. Enemies with Strength of at least C can potentially resist the pull and have a chance of escaping the technique, but initiating from behind or in a way that prevents sizeable resistance may counter this. Once captured by the ability however, it is nearly impossible to escape. Even so, an enemy with Strength of A and Endurance of B may force its way out of it and literally rip through Assassin's stomach in order to escape.

It should be noted that Assassin can use his poisons to cause status debilitating effects on enemies, or drugs to increase his own status and hence cover the weaknesses in this technique.

His story

He was an orphan that had been picked up by the members of the cult known as the Hashashin after his birthplace had been razed to the ground. When members of the cult, drawn by the signs of fighting entered the ruin, they did not expect any survivors, but when met with a vicious husk of a boy trying to attack them believing they were still the same enemy that destroyed the place, one took it upon himself to take him in, recognizing him for the potential he had.

And as such, he was trained in the rites of the assassins, raised according to their beliefs. As he grew older, despite his faith, the trainings and creeds set in the stone of his soul, he doubted his own purpose. It was not that the call of the faith did not resound true in him - but regardless of the fact, he felt empty in his role. And it bothered him.

But being an assassin had been the only thing he had known all of his life, and he dedicated himself to it in the ways he knew best. He became a master in the use of hidden weapons and in the creation of drugs and poisons. In other to attain the greatest mastery of his apothecary skills, he stole knowledge from many poison and drug masters of the time and killed them afterwards.

But it was not enough for him. He felt as though he still hadn't acquired something that qualified him for being a true assassin: a unique killing technique.
    He found the answer to his troubles in the report of a Daeva near one of their fortifications demanding blood sacrifices from a close-by village. He came forward to be assigned the cleansing of this evil spirit and departed from his brotherhood's fortress taking with him a handful of prisoners.

After a night of journey and a day of rest, he approached the Daeva with the prisoners he'd brought in chains. The fallen deity, degraded into an evil spirit, was like a demon cloaked in a living mane of shadows, a primordial monster of darkness so terrible and dreadful simply by its presence that the prisoners wailed for him to release them, but to no avail.

The assassin prostrated himself before the demonic spirit and presented the prisoners as sacrifices, offerings of his loyalty to it.

The daeva acknowledged his worship and gorged on the pleading prisoners, consuming their flesh and blood, leaving nothing of them behind as the assassin watched impassively. It wasn't long before the daeva froze in place surprised as the poison injected into the prisoners during the journey there came into effect, wrecking its body from the inside and paralyzing it.

Just as planned, the assassin fell on the crippled daeva with poisoned weapons hidden on him. He cut its tendons, tore through its flesh, blinded it and impaled it to the ground. Before it faded away, he dug a knife into it and skinned the daeva of its mane of living shadow. Right there, before returning to the lair of the assassins, he grafted the daeva's mantle on his own body and fashioned it into a cloak. The dark essence of the daeva merged with him, altering his flesh and blood, and giving him control over the very darkness its form was made of.

In possession of this dark power, the assassin eventually created a killing technique that elevated him to the position of Hassan-Ih-Sabbah.

Comments

So here's an Hassan that feels alot like an Hassan! He's sneaky and a killer, and his skills and NP reflect that. He's not a fighter, he's an assassin. The main motif with him is actually the poisons and the the hidden weapons. It was only afterwards that I thought of his NP.

Speaking of his NP, one of the ideas in the planning stage was actually to make it so that he actually BECAME his enemy's shadow and gained his stats and skills over the course of a fight even as he restrained their movement. The theme of shadows was something I had planned since the start, along with actually making the character's cloak his NP. In the end he evolved to what he is now.

Originally, he was going to actually deceive a Djinn and steal the cloak of shadows from it but since Djinns are overrated... I ended up making the origin of the cloak a Daeva. Because hell yeah, Daeva.

Former Divine Spirits, brought down to demonic because Zoroatrianism made them out to be the servants of AM, reduced to monsters the Assassins of the time had to kill?
    Fuck yeah.

Mechanically, he should be a fun Servant because of a lot of things. He can move around quickly, he has a multitude of weapons he knows how to fight with, AND HE HAS POISONS. Which are the main fun. Now, I obviously couldn't make his NP too overpowered because reasons and balance, but Assassin actually has the means to cover those weaknesses by decreasing enemies' stats or increasing his own. And really, the Apothecary skill is there to give alot of imagining room for what Assassin can actually do with it.
    Which is to say, a lot.

Finally, I left the end of his story open in terms of his resolution and if he came to a resolution about his life, etc, in order to leave some room for the writer to develop him however he or she wants, since this Servant was designed for Fate/Theosis. I imagine that if he didn't end up coming to peace with himself over that, however, that his wish would be something surprisingly naive like "knowing his own purpose".

Blog Entries
    The thing that stuck out to me out of all it it was "Just as planned". XD
    Nice work, YOLF; while I'm not sure where daeva stand in the Nasuverse tier, I'd say this is reasonable and quite neat. Congrats! ^^

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    The thing that stuck out to me out of all it it was "Just as planned". XD
    Nice work, YOLF; while I'm not sure where daeva stand in the Nasuverse tier, I'd say this is reasonable and quite neat. Congrats! ^^
    ^c^

Assassin is a crafty one.
    Thank you and glad to know you liked it.

夜属 Nightkin
    should my immediate reaction to this hassan be "oh my god did he just make a shadowdancer servant!? that is hilarious!"

@ Lyco - Oh, Lyco, so lulzy! He makes for an amusing Servant, but I do have one question. His Treacherous Endangerment (talk about a mouthful) Personal Skill, what is the purpose of that "-" modifier attached to it? Is there a certain condition in which it gets weaker? Other than that, rather than a Skill that simply gives him better odds of landing a Crit, the name makes it sound like he gets bonuses for attacks or traps utilizing his environment (like an assassin/saboteur whose good at making it look like an accident). What made you choose that name for the Skill?

@ YeOfLittleFaith - I like him, though I actually would say his NP is pretty overpowered. Its functionally teleportation, plus the ability to just snatch an enemy Master into his shadow and flee while digesting him/her. The stats and stuff regarding him using it on Servants is a moot point if he just snatch-and-grabs the Master and then warps away (no Master save Bazette could be anywhere near Rank C STR), though it does lend itself well to story elements (ie - the Master is kidnapped and the Servant has to chase down Hassan before the Master gets digested and all). You could probably make it weaker and he'd still be a threat just because he can grab the Master and run while slowly killing. Even without swallowing them in shadows he can just creep out of their shadow or whatever shadow they are standing near, poison them, and flee.

Other than that... Dishonorable Tactics really is redundant. All of the Hassan poison their throwing daggers/needles IIRC, rely on ambushes and spit on honor, so its not like he's any different from any of the others. For him to be so dishonorable that he gets a Personal Skill out of it I would expect him to do stuff like strapping bombs onto children, or even kidnapping innocents and forcing them to take in poison that affects Servants who feed off of them for Prana (goes back to how he beat the daeva and it'd make Masters like Shinji think twice), or some kind of poison that sweats out of their skin so when they are rescued the rescuer hgets poisoned as well. Stuff like that which would make even other Hassan call him a "dirty, lowdown b*stard"! You might as well just replace it with Subversive Activities cuz' he doesn't seem to do anything Extra-Robin wouldn't do.