Page 218 of 782 FirstFirst ... 118168208213216217218219220223228268318718 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,360 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Into that mountain we go! Gaterjhonz's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    If you want people to take your fanfic seriously you should go and get Type Moon to publish it like Yuichiro and Gen did. It can't be that hard.
    What, people are satisfied with Apocrypha now?
    Not so Mega Sig, now properly spoilered
    Spoiler:
    [20:39] <Fishie> I'MA GO PUT HER UNDEREWAR ON MY HEAD LIKE A SALARY PERSON
    the whole story here

A travel Advisory:
    Spoiler:

Come visit the 7th Dimension--Where nightmares dreams are made into realities

[23:50] <Sieg> Gater is golddigging deviant?

[11:59] <TheoReforged> I KNOW WHO YOU ARE NOW
    [11:59] <TheoReforged> YOU'RE .... ROADBUSTER!
    [12:00] <@Leo> i'm sorry but that's retarded
    [12:00] <Irondefiler> *cricket sounds*

Beast's Lair's own Dwarf Fortress succession game is now recruiting mighty able dwarves, sign up if you have what it takes!

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    People are weirdly focused on that part for some reason.
    You touched their sacred cow. Several of them as I recall. You really have no one to blame but yourself.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Wasn't doing much today and I stumbled upon another interesting person in history. I figured I'd have some fun playing around with his story and decided to make a Servant out of it. Or at least try... >.>;

Kinda quirky, but it was fun to mess with.

Class: Assassin
    Identity: Peter Stumpp
    Epithet: Werewolf of Bedburg
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Parameters:
    Strength: D
    Endurance: D
    Agility: C
    Mana: B
    Luck: D
    Noble Phantasm: C++

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment (B)
    The capacity to hide one’s presence as a Servant. At this rank, the Servant cannot be tracked by normal methods and low-levels spells, only revealing themselves when attacking or moving at high speeds.

Territory Creation (C)
    The skill to build a special terrain which is advantageous to oneself as a magus. At this rank, creation of a “Workshop” is possible; however, it comes with some difficulty.

Personal Skills:

Dark Arts (C)
    Knowledge of the dark arts, the ability to use supernatural powers for the purposes of evil. Neither, magecraft nor witchcraft, “black magic” is a more direct method of inducing phenomena closer in nature to the abilities of demons. While nature interference can be achieved without sacrifices and catalyst, the effectiveness of said arts increase when they are provided. At this rank, the Servant can utilize the dark arts with relative ease and possesses skill on par with a standard magus.

Disengage (D)
    The ability to break away from battle. At this rank, this skill is on par with a high level of self-preservation. Can retreat from most battles with a fair chance of escaping. Furthermore, it is possible to return the battle to the last turn which was favorable for the Servant.

Instinct (B)
    The power to “feel” the most favorable developments for oneself during battle. At this rank, it resembles a potent sixth sense. Bonus effect of reducing penalties caused by obstructed vision or hearing.

Mental Pollution (C)
    A skill which makes it highly possible to shut out any mental interference Thaumaturgy, due possessing a distorted mentality. However, at the same time it becomes impossible to come to an understanding with individuals that do not possess an equivalent rank of mental pollution. At this rank, provides a probability that mental interference magecraft will be rendered ineffective. In the condition that the Servant's master is of Evil alignment, and perpetrates acts of cruelty against the Servant, Mental Pollution will increase in rank, further increasing defenses against magecraft. However, as the Servant's psyche is inherently broken, this may result in irreversible deterioration.

Noble Phantasm:

Griswold, Silver Fang Metamorphosis
    Type: Anti-Unit, Support

During his practice of the black arts, Assassin came into contact with the devil and developed a type of subservient relationship with the being. At a certain point in time, the devil gifted Assassin with this belt (taking its name from one of Assassin’s aliases) which would grant him the ability to transform into "the likeness of a greedy, devouring wolf, strong and mighty, with eyes great and large, which in the night sparkled like fire, a mouth great and wide, with most sharp and cruel teeth, a huge body, and mighty paws.".

Upon fastening this belt on himself, Assassin takes on the form of a silver-fur werewolf. In exchange for constantly draining his magical energy, Assassin receives a rank up to his Strength, Endurance, and Agility parameters. On the other hand, as a result of the transformation, the capacity to perform the dark arts as well as Presence Concealment goes down a rank and will remain as such so long as this Noble Phantasm remains active.

Finally, as Griswold acts as Assassin’s symbol as a werewolf, it also encompasses his legend as a werewolf. Because of this, while utilizing his werewolf form, all damage done to humans becomes fatal (if not immediately killing them) by way of a strong curse. While this property does bear some effect on Servants, it is lessened significantly to the point of being a strong attack. Furthermore, should an opponent be fortunate enough to survive the initial attack, the effect of ‘the curse of death’ becomes progressively weaker with each attack. Although, it should be noted that, on the night of the full-moon, this curse is heightened to the point where even Servants are at risk.

Additional Info:
    > Because of the fact his signature left arm is so distinguishable, Assassin likes to employ a false limb to conceal this trait.
    > In terms of personality, Assassin is characteristically "simple" and "boring". This is largely in part because of his farmer's attitude; however, it is all a facade which masks his twisted rationality.
    > Assassin is an avid animal lover.
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

I support quirkiness, and this Assassin. >.>
    \(◕___◕)/

I kind of like it.

It's weird.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Another Servant profile... This time, none other than "Sherlock Holmes". I originally planned to use Vidocq, but his biography didn't impressed me (and I wanted to put reference to Jack the Ripper badly). But I guess, he can be another placeholder for Great Detective?

«I'll have a look at this...»

Name: Great Detective.
    Class: Assassin
    Alignment: Neutral Good.

STR: D
    AGI: E
    CON: D
    MGI: E-
    LCK: A
    Noble Phantasm: -

Class Skill.

Presence Concealment. Capacity to hide one's presense as Servant.
    Rank «C»: While it is impossible to become invisible, Servant's presense can be concealed almost completely. This ability stems from ardous control over mind, rather than from assassin techniques. Because this Servant also happens to be master of disguise, this Skill is more useful than it should have been with this rank.

Personal Skills.

Magical Resistance.
    Rank «B»: Cancels spells of spells of three-verses and below. Even magecraft on the level of Grand Ritals and High-Thaumaturgy can hardly affect the Servant.
    The nature of this Servant is "denial of mystery". This skill is not a blessing of a Holy Grail, but manifestation of this trait.

Eye of Mind (True).
    Rank «A»: Unrivaled intellectual capacity. Capable of calm and detached analysis of situation even in mortal peril. Even if chances of victory are below 1%, this ability improves them significantly.
    Due to his intelligence and wits, the Great Detective can protect himself against other Servants, despite his Parameters being so low. However, this Skill is mostly used of strategical analysis, rather than fighting.

Enhanced Physique. Ability to enhance physical strength and perception, which relies not on supernatural forces, but on natural means such as rare herbs and potions. However, the higher is the ranking of this Skill, the more one's spiritual status as a hero declines.
    Rank «A»: Physical condition and perception are boosted immensely. This greatly helps in gathering evidence, because Servant can literally see needle in haystack.
    Technically, this Servant is a normal human. However, due to extensive usage of various chemical substances, he can enhance his body to the level of Heroic Spirit, albeit very weak. This Skill relies on both knowledge of ehnacing substances and one's own body, so it cannot be used on other people.

Noble Phantasm.

This is is Elementary - Knowledge is Power.
    Type: Anti-unit.

Technically, not a Noble Phantasm, but a pinnacle of this Servant's mental capacity. This ability heavily relies on his deductive skills, extensive knowledge and careful gathering of information about the opponents.
    By using all gathered evidence about an enemy, including both understanding of psychology and combat skills, The Great Detective may persuade opponents into extremely weakened state of mind, causing them to behave irrationally. For example, he may convince enemy Servants not to use their Noble Phantasms, betray Master, or even commit suicide. Because of this, even though this ability doesn't use magecraft at all, it's virtually indistinguishable from mental interference of highest level possible.
    To resist this ability, the user is required to have strong sense of "self". Also, to use it, a conversation with an enemy is absolutely necessary.

Because this Assassin is fictional heroic spirit, he doesn't have any actual Noble Phantasm.

Background.
    The Great Detective who uses his intelligence and extensive knowledge to solve mysterious crimes. Stories about such people were popular in Europe of XIX centiry. Monsieur Lecoq, C. Auguste Dupin, and, of course, Sherlock Holmes, - even though they were fictional characters, they still represented people longing for a new kind of hero, who may fight worst side of human nature, using his mind instead of sword. Of course, even if such people existed, they themselves were not venerated as heroes.

This man is example of placeholder for a Heroic Spirit, who never actually existed, a fictional heroic spirit. Originally, he was just a regular person who devout his life to fight crime. Devoid of any kind of supernatual abilities, he was blessed with immense intelligence, which had no equals in his age. Because of this and his lifestyle, he is qualified to represent the concept of the Great Detective. His true name and story are, of course, lost.

Because he is not real Heroic Spirit, his stats are below average even for Assassin Class. However, due to his own skills, he is excellent "spy-type" Servant, capable of gathering information about enemies. Normally, Servant's true name are revealed by their Noble Phantasms, but the Great Detective is capable of deducing it by subtle hints with amazing accuracy. His pseudo-Noble Phantasm is also an effective means of compensate for his lack of strength, although it may not be very useful in combat.

Personality-wise, he is far from usual image of crime-solving genius. Devout altruist, who started his career because he wanted to help people, and his wish for the Grail is "happy world". He is also quite polite, cheerful, and especially kind to children. Likes to talk about his previous accomplishments, even though it is impossible to tell if his stories are genuine or merely fabrications. For example, he claims to have hunted down infamous serial killer from London, who happened to be a young white-haired girl.

His relationship with Master would vary depending on magus' personality, but generally he will not be rebellious Servant and will try to cooperate.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; January 23rd, 2013 at 02:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Updated my Assassin's profile with some more details, including a Personality section.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

@ Sei - I like that added detail of how she's weak to Berserkers, but when using her NP she gains a type-advantage against them. Nice way to shout out to her mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by legoguydude View Post
    Wait one gosh darn minute.

Those are tantric rituals. Like Shirou does.

Performing rituals on her own. Most franchises I wouldn't even ask this, but are you saying that Caster casts spells by masturbating?
    Now see, I read that and thought almost the exact same thing... except I was focused more on this part of the line, "Caster is capable of performing even greater rituals on her own as she does not require the “communal effort” to accumulate the necessary magical energy."

So I immediately thought, "Wait... she masturbates with the fury of a one woman orgy!?!?"

So you may take comfort in the knowledge that there was at least one poster who had an even dirtier imagination than you!

@ Mellon - The only Ys I had ever heard of until now was that one videogame. Didn't realize the name was taken from an actual myth till I looked your guy up. Kind of interesting that he has a "Gate of Babylon-Water Park Version"! I especially liked the "Betrayal" NP. Don't know why, but it just entertained me greatly. You'd think that, after researching him, his Masters would do everything they can to make him hate them!

@ hero - Oh, I remember this one! Wow, you really changed your image of her. She's also a lot more balanced now, but it fits her better since now she has to fight like a proper Assassin. Who is this Chelsea and what series is she from?

People are weirdly focused on that part for some reason.
    If it had just been that, I wouldn't have cared too much since you once explained to me how situational it had been (IIRC you mentioned that Herc had already been put on his last life after being attacked by a trio of Heroic Spirits, including Achilles, and that Napolean had basically just blasted him from behind with everything he had), but alot of other things about it irked me or seemed a little too wanked (its weird; I found Nero's Imperial Privelge to be so amusing, but your "Cult of Personality" Personal Skill just rubs me the wrong way for some reason; maybe its because Ramses and Napolean weren't as entertaining as Nero is). And way too many army summoners. It got freaking ridiculous that there were at least four different Servants who could summon their armies (Iskander, Napolean, Genghis Khan, and I believe Ceasar could do it too) duking it out in Washington D.C., and yet no mundanes found out about the Grail War? That one four-way battle with Iskander, Genghis, Ceasar and Boudicca should have pretty much shot any and all secrecy to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaterjhonz View Post
    What, people are satisfied with Apocrypha now?
    Actually, how is that doing? I haven't heard any complaints nor praise.

@ Sei - I find it so amusing that he looks like a friendlier Kiritsugu with a full beard even though he's probably as depraved as Gilles if not worse.

@ Blastedspider - I liked the amusing shout-out to Jack and he's amazingly non-wanked. It'd be interesting to read an actual story with him given his inability to measure up in an actual fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Updated my Assassin's profile with some more details, including a Personality section.
    The picture makes him look so much more badass!

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    If it had just been that, I wouldn't have cared too much since you once explained to me how situational it had been (IIRC you mentioned that Herc had already been put on his last life after being attacked by a trio of Heroic Spirits, including Achilles, and that Napolean had basically just blasted him from behind with everything he had), but alot of other things about it irked me or seemed a little too wanked (its weird; I found Nero's Imperial Privelge to be so amusing, but your "Cult of Personality" Personal Skill just rubs me the wrong way for some reason; maybe its because Ramses and Napolean weren't as entertaining as Nero is). And way too many army summoners. It got freaking ridiculous that there were at least four different Servants who could summon their armies (Iskander, Napolean, Genghis Khan, and I believe Ceasar could do it too) duking it out in Washington D.C., and yet no mundanes found out about the Grail War? That one four-way battle with Iskander, Genghis, Ceasar and Boudicca should have pretty much shot any and all secrecy to hell.
    Well, to be honest, most of these problems can be addressed just by reading the story, because you look like you've got a lot of major misconceptions right there.

Anyhow, I said earlier I was working on a Hassan sheet, and I still am; I'm just busy as usual so I can't focus on it. :S
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

@ hero - Oh, I remember this one! Wow, you really changed your image of her. She's also a lot more balanced now, but it fits her better since now she has to fight like a proper Assassin. Who is this Chelsea and what series is she from?
    Akame Ga Kill.

Check it out, it's an awesome manga.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    It'd be interesting to read an
    actual story with him given his inability to measure up in an
    actual fight.
    Thanks)

Well, he can put up a fight, but it would be Sion-vs-Arcueid scenario. Detective knows that his enemy would do next, and will dodge/counter attack (his normal weapon is cane made from reinforced metal), but since he is too weak, he can't actually harm any other Servant, so will try to run away ASAP. And he won't fight, unless he is cornered.

Yeah, for starters Herc had 8 lives when Nappy solo'd him. And it wasn't a sneak attack from behind.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Poor Five will never be able to live it down, forever known as the man who wanked Napoleon so hard that even GD knows of it.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    I feel like posting Napoleon here, just to spite you people. :<
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Blog Entries
    Do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Well, even with that I still have to post up at least Rider and Saber of my 19th century heroes group, so there's that in for Napoleon, at least.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, post him! Those of us who don't read (unlicensed) fanfiction on principle need more ammunition for when we tell you why Napoleon beating Hercules is bullshit, it's tough working off second-hand accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by hero View Post
    Akame Ga Kill.

Check it out, it's an awesome manga.
    Saw that one before and was intrigued by the plot synopsis, but I was waiting to hear an opinion on it before I started reading. Looking forward to checking it out now!

Well, to be honest, most of these problems can be addressed just by reading the story, because you look like you've got a lot of major misconceptions right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satehi View Post
    Yeah, for starters Herc had 8 lives when Nappy solo'd him. And it wasn't a sneak attack from behind.
    Oh, wow. I must have badly misremembered how Five described it to me back then, because, yeah, the only major misconception I seem to have had was underestimating just how fantastic that BS was.