Page 224 of 782 FirstFirst ... 124174214219222223224225226229234274324724 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,480 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post

@ Ihklan - I rather liked the kagemusha NP, though I think it could use more details (like what are Le Lai's stats and does he just take Le Loi's place when he's about to die or can he fight and potentially win himself; if he did manage to win despite the odds can Le Loi summon him again, etc.). More interesting than his Arondight-lite sword anyway. My only real complaint is you haven't given us anything on his personality and why he is willing to participate in the HGW.
    Hmm, thanks. Le Lai's stats are almost a copy of Le Loi's - seeing as he's impersonating his King - except for luck. His luck is automaticaly E, meaning that he's destined to die afterward.

As for personality, Le Loi's a generally benevolent person. He can be suspicious at time, but usually put a lot of trust in his subordinates. Having been raised in a aristocrat family, he's also a well versed in literature and martial arts, but not as prideful as others, seeing as he's the youngest - which at the time, didn't matter much compared to the oldest son.

His wish is to undo some of wrongful acts later in life, mostly in the execution of some of his generals.
    Last edited by lhklan; January 29th, 2013 at 01:53 PM.
    Underneath the Stars

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Then why did Medea answer the summoning? Or Heracles, or Cuchulainn, or not-Kojirou, or Lancelot for that matter?

We've never seen a Servant summoning fail so far, so it's a purely theoretical limitation.
    Because all of those people had reasons they wanted to be summoned. I think Medea's is covered in F/HA? It might have come up in UBW. I don't know. Something about love? She'd be a good shoujo protagonist, and Kuzuki is a pretty perfect shoujo love interest. I think Herakles took it to protect Ilya, but that's off the top of my head and it's passingly mentioned in F/UC in his arcade route. Cu Chulainn took it because he just wants to fight strong heroes again, that was pretty explicit and you deserve a slap for not remembering it since it was his entire motivation. Not-Kojirou probably didn't get a choice, not being a proper Heroic Spirit and all. Lancelot had an entire scene that explained why he took the summoning.

Now, vague memory time, didn't Nasu say the reason so few Japanese Servants are summoned is because they don't give a shit about the Holy Grail?

@ Obsidian Pharaoh: Yep nice servant, funny thing is actually I had some time ago inspiration write about Woden, who would had almost same Noble Phantasm (Wild Hunt) with almost precisely same features

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, first time in this thread (Posting a servant) so rip it to shreads. I learn better when I get the lesson beaten into me.
    This was also the inspiration for the (False) Berserker Asfghl posted.

Name:
    Odysseus
    History: King of Ithaca, and favored of Athena, he attempted to escape fighting in the Trojan war by faking madness. It didn't work, and he and his men were sucked into the ten year long conflict. Possibly the smartest of the Greeks, he won the Armor of Achilles by also claiming to be the bravest of their number. Credited for the idea for the Trojan Horse, he also stole the Palladium, obtained Hercules arrows, was part of the party who roped Achilles into the war, and in general went around being awesome. However, he angered the God Poseidon on the way causing his return journey to take ten years, 7 of which he spent banging Calypso, and another year tapping Circe. What a pimp. All in all, not to horrible as curses go. Returning home, he slaughtered all the suitors who attempted to snag his wife in his absence. Everyone lived happily ever after, except for his crew, the suitors, and the Trojans, as they were all dead.

Personality: Tricky, but even handed. Petty, but wise. An exercise in contradictions is about as close as you can get.

Class: Berserker

Strength: B
    Endurance: B
    Agility: B
    Magical Energy: B
    Luck: C

Class Abilities:

Mad Enhancement (-) : This parameter is nullified, as Odysseus is not truly insane, merely faking it. However, to all appearances other than his master he has the Mad Enhancement rank of C.

Skills:
    Independent Action (A): The Servant can operate without a master for a month

Expert of Many Specializations (A): 32 different skills have been mastered by this user, ranging from diplomacy to assassination to oratory to craftsmanship to larceny.

Riding (D): The user can handle a single type of vehicle with a high amount of skill, in this case a sailing ship.

Magic Resistance (D++): Magic resistance equivalent to that of a warding amulet. Transformational magecraft is resisted at a rank of A however.

The Armor of Achilles (A): A splendid set of armor forged by the god Hephaestus himself for Achilles. It came into Odysseus's ownership after Achilles death. While not one of his phantasms, the armor is a Noble Phantasm in and of itself.

Noble Phantasms:

Bow of the Ox: Twelve Ax Heads: (B) - The great bow of Ithaca, which only Odysseus is able to string. Capable of firing twelve arrows at once, Odysseus guided a single arrow through twelve sockets of ax heads - and the axes were 12 feet apart and at different angles. Odysseus can guide these arrows according to his will, much like a guided missile. They will seek out any target within Odysseus's line of sight, and maneuver through the air like wasps. However, they can be dodged, destroyed, or blocked.

The Trojan Horse: Ultimate Deception (C+) - Odysseus is possibly most famous for one of the greatest deceptions off all time, the Wooden Horse of Troy. Odysseus can appear as any wearer of the Armor of Achilles, and appear to have both their stats and phantasms, depending on his class to the eyes of both opposing Masters and Servants alike. This Phantasm can be seen through if Odysseus purposefully reveals his deception, or by a high enough rank in the Clairvoyance stat.

The Husband's Revenge: Arrows of Ilos (A+) - Ilos was kind to Odysseus. Ilos gave him a gift worthy of any king - the objects with which he would take back his kingdom. He gave him arrows dipped in the finest of poisons, rumored to have been a gift from Zeus himself. Even a single scratch is enough to cause a fast and painful death to any man or monster. Only twelve remain, each one a deadly weapon. These arrows can be shot from the Bow of the Ox. Any injury inflicted by an arrow causes a roll on Endurance. If failed, death is instant. Even if passed, the arrows are crippling, and the wound refuses to be healed by any normal or magical means.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Odysseus gave away the Achilles' Armour to Neoptolemus.

Besides I doubt Armour like that would just be a skill.

Even then, I'm pretty sure Odysseus never wore it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Odysseus gave away the Achilles' Armour to Neoptolemus.

Besides I doubt Armour like that would just be a skill.

Even then, I'm pretty sure Odysseus never wore it.
    My justification for it is the Golden Fleece. If that can be a skill/ability, so can this.

Point taken though. He did possess it, but if he gave it away...

Friends don't let friends project ThePaperMan's Avatar
    Saber: Roland, Knight of Charlemagne, Paladin of the Franks
    Hero of the Song of Roland, The Orlando Innamorato, and The Orlando Furioso, this knight is one of the greatest in European literature. Nephew of Charlemagne, Roland was a hero that went on a great many adventures with the Twelve Paladins of France. In the legends, it is stated that Roland fell in love with the princess Angelica. Maddened by her elopement, he began a rampage throughout Europe, destroying everything in his path. He was only stopped by his friend Astolfo, who brought his sanity from the moon, saving his mind. Roland went on to do many heroic deeds, and finally met his end at the hands of his step-father. In an ambush planned out by Ganelon, Roland and his army were attacked and defeated, Roland calling out on his Oliphant too late to save his army. He hid his treasures, the Oliphant, and his blessed sword Durendal, beneath his body, and died beneath a pine tree, facing Spain. Although recorded as a male, the Servant summoned was a woman, disproving history. Her Master cannot guess her true identity, or the other contestants. It is not until Durendal is used that it becomes clear that she actually is Roland, and what she is capable of.
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Hair color: Brunette
    Eye color: Green
    Str: A
    End: B
    Agi: C
    Mana: C
    Luck: B
    Knowledge: D
    Noble Phantasm: A++
    Durendal, The Peerless Sword, Rank A, Anti-Fortress: The sword of Roland, presented to Charlemagne by an angel, and gifted to Roland. Rumored to have once belonged to the great hero Hector, the sword is indestructible, and it is said that no blade can match it. When swung at full power, the sword releases a blast that can shatter mountains. The sword is capable of destroying great sections of land, carving La Breche de Roland when he attempted to destroy it. The weapon itself consumes large amounts of prana when used at full potential, and any consumed in the full force of the swing must rely on their luck, or die to the blade. Due to the nature of the blade, it cannot be used as a Broken Phantasm. If it is attempted to be used as such, whatever the blade comes into contact with will instead be destroyed in its place. It is imbued with three blessings which make it invincible.
    Oliphant, Instrument of War, Rank B, Anti-Army: Calls forth the Emperor’s army to Roland’s aid. The army’s might is concentrated into a blast that scatters enemies and destroys the battlefield, leaving a crater in the area of its use. Any not struck by the blast feel a compulsion to flee. Its use is limited to once a night, and is optimal for retreat. This Noble Phantasm is normally ranked A, however due to Roland’s hesitation to use it, its rank has been reduced.
    Veillantiff, Heroic Mount, Rank D, Anti-Personnel: Roland’s mount, the steed of his fallen enemy, Helmont. The horse itself is a Heroic Spirit, and it grants Roland increased agility.
    Riding: A+
    Magic Resistance: B
    Charisma: C
    Guardian Knight: C; this stat was originally A, but due to Roland’s own doubt of her abilities following her army’s defeat, its rank has been lowered.
    Protection of the Faith: B
    Soul of a Martyr: A
    Last edited by ThePaperMan; January 29th, 2013 at 07:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    ThePaperMan:

First of all the formatting is awful. Secondly, there's no logical explanation as to why Roland would be a woman. I mean, the Twelve Paladins are all about BROMANCE MOTHERFUCKERS. Thirdly, there's no reason as to why hesitance to use a Noble Phantasm would reduce its rank. Wait what is a fucking Knowledge parameter doing there I can't keep on reading this shit it's too horrible
    [22:42] <Leo> look it's not our fault we can function properly with a cock in our mouthes

The knowledge stat was just something I added, since I'll be using her in a game. And I've got the genderbent covered, it's just something I wanted to have fun with.

Blog Entries
    That still doesn't explain the awfulness of your profile. As in damn that's some bad formatting. Why Guardian Knight's rank got reduced? I mean, Roland pretty much followed the code of chivalry to a fault; in any case it's his military abilities which would be questionable, dying in a huge battle is pretty much the dream of any knight. Why the hell is her NP rank A++ even though Durandal is just A. Damn. Read. The. Fucking. Nasuverse. Canon.

HORSES CANNOT BE HEROIC SPIRITS THEY IN ANY CASE ARE PHANTASMAL BEASTS

WHERE DOES SOUL OF A MARTYR COME FROM I DON'T SEE ROLAND TAKING PUNISHMENT FOR BEING A CHRISTIAN WITHOUT FIGHTING BACK IN ANY WAY I JUST SEE ROLAND KICKING SOME INFIDEL ASS BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT HE WAS GOOD AT.
    [22:42] <Leo> look it's not our fault we can function properly with a cock in our mouthes

Blog Entries
    Hey, deleted post guy, get back in here and explain what you were trying to prove when you sarcastically pointed out that Saber didn't die with Avalon. Since she was never actually ever summoned with it in her possession.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I realized my error, and erased my post.

What, did you think I was going to deny it? xD

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Blog Entries
    You don't get to hide your shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    YOU CAN'T PROVE IT! ºAº

Nah, kidding. That was a little embarassing, yes.
    Hence why I deleted it.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    You guys are mixing up what is meant by "wish." I mean, normally when we say a Servant was summoned because there was a wish he wanted granted, what is meant is a WISH granted by the GRAIL from winning the Grail War.

But if you stretch it to just "he just wanted to serve someone again" (diarmuid) or "fight someone" (cu) then you can be summoned for pretty much anything. Someone could get summoned because they want to try some cheeseburgers. That's not really a wish. I guess you have to go with that to make sense of their summonings though.

I mean, the whole "they get summoned to get a wish granted by the Grail" is laid down in the story as why Servants work with Masters in the first place and is used to create surprise when you have someone like Cu act like a badass and say he never wanted a second life or anything in the first place, thus breaking the rule.
    Last edited by mAc Chaos; January 29th, 2013 at 07:48 PM.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    A riderless horse galloped towards Rider. It was a powerful and sleek steed. If it was human, it is probably just as impressive as any one of the Heroic Spirits standing before the king. “Long time no see, pal.” Rider smiled childishly as he hugged the neck of his horse. “She” was the legendary charger Bucephalus. Even the horse of the King of Conquerors became an Heroic Spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    That still doesn't explain the awfulness of your profile. As in damn that's some bad formatting. Why Guardian Knight's rank got reduced? I mean, Roland pretty much followed the code of chivalry to a fault; in any case it's his military abilities which would be questionable, dying in a huge battle is pretty much the dream of any knight. Why the hell is her NP rank A++ even though Durandal is just A. Damn. Read. The. Fucking. Nasuverse. Canon.

WHERE DOES SOUL OF A MARTYR COME FROM I DON'T SEE ROLAND TAKING PUNISHMENT FOR BEING A CHRISTIAN WITHOUT FIGHTING BACK IN ANY WAY I JUST SEE ROLAND KICKING SOME INFIDEL ASS BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT HE WAS GOOD AT.
    Hey man calm down. Do you honestly think I'd be here if I wasn't versed in Nasuverse canon? If you've actually read Roland's story, his death very much warrants Soul of the Martyr, and there are cases of animals being heroic spirits, like Rider's horse Bucephalus. I can't say anything about the formatting, but that's really not something you should be this upset about.

Blog Entries
    How is Roland a martyr? He died in battle against the Basques, not by execution. Religious values may have been involved, but it certainly wasn't what led to his death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Okay, let me rephrase that. What warrants that the horse is a Noble Phantasm? I mean, Bucephalus was summoned due to it being part of Ionian Heitaroi, but yours has no explanation at all or whatsoever. Rather than a NP that summons the horse it should be something like a joint charge or something like that.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    you gotta agree though that some of those ideas are just.. unfitting, paperman. like explicitly saying the sword is invicible, or giving it the exact same effect of Excalibur; plus for the weir "armyrain§ thing "limited to once per night" is a rather strange value, something like this normally doesnt exist in nasuverse, and if then it has at least a root in the legend. (that beeing said the army and horse are hardly what "embodies Roland's legend, his whole beeing"; the only reason Iskander has those (copied again..) is because he was one with his people and he was their most important and vice versa. while Roland was at most "part" of the army.

@leopardbear you sent me a message on my profile, however i could not answer, not sure if you blocked me for some reason or if i just cant post on the profile of one with the green letter,s anyways just so you know why i didnt say anything.