Page 238 of 782 FirstFirst ... 138188228233236237238239240243248288338738 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,760 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Even if it did distort space, you still won't see its effect on Berserker, because Berserker clipped it before it actually made contact.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, you know peeps, there is that matter of Shirou/Archer's projections all being a rank below the original, so... yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

黒いスサノヲ, Black Susano'oh IhaxlikeNoob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    Well, you know peeps, there is that matter of Shirou/Archer's projections all being a rank below the original, so... yeah.
    BP'ed Kaladbolg II is on the original's level, and if you BP that... well, suffice to say it's likely a terrifying sight, though I think that no hero worth their salt would ever BP unless the situation was dire enough to warrant destroying part of their identity.
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Against Caster, it does not really matter. Caster does not have the means to block a legitimate Noble Phantasm.

Against Berserker, Broken Phantasm breaks even in terms of ranks anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    Against Caster, it does not really matter. Caster does not have the means to block a legitimate Noble Phantasm.

Against Berserker, Broken Phantasm breaks even in terms of ranks anyways.
    Well I guess Caster could beamu spam to prevent NP activation in first place, instead of trying to block one head-on.
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IhaxlikeNoob View Post
    Well I guess Caster could beamu spam to prevent NP activation in first place, instead of trying to block one head-on.
    Let's see:

Beamu EMITA -> Caladbolg to the face

Beamu Sabre -> Sabre surfed through beamu

Beamu Rin -> Uterus punch

Beamu Gilgamesh Died before having a chance to even try

Nope

Let's see:

Nope
    Should of said I was talking about Servants other than the ones that appear F/SN. Meh.
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

Let's see:

Nope
    I love this. Specially the Rin one.

Blog Entries
    Someone give me an idea as to how one could make a Heroic Spirit out of a creation deity.
    I’m proposing a toast: to this beautiful fabric that binds our very world together.
    Of course, I’d say the most beautiful thing is watching it elegantly ripped apart.
    Now, drink up! Surely you know, there’s always the best time to be had
    in that dangerously intoxicating state, right on the border of consciousness.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddman View Post
    Someone give me an idea as to how one could make a Heroic Spirit out of a creation deity.
    And why exactly should we be your substitute brains in this matter? Also deity, Heroic Spirit, already an issue.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Deity bitten by radioactive human.

You are welcome.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    don't quote me on this

Many creation dieties are just really powerful people depending on the mythos (as in there really isn't any distingishable difference between them and the other beings they come across). Whether they would get shunted into Divine Spirits anyway on Nasu rules is a different story.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    With game mechanics edited out, my EXTRA II Servant.

Class: Rider
    True Name: Holger Danske, "Ogier the Dane"
    Myth: I'm the laziest and it's kinda long. Ogier is a pretty cool guy, eh fights the perfidious saracen and doesn't afraid of anything.

"If a man has been gifted with the heart of a hare, he cannot exchange it for that of a lion."

Character: An easygoing, adventurous man who values honor, trust, and above all, good food. Quick to befriend, quick to forgive, Rider is never one to be held up by something as petty as hatred. Always going out of his way to be friendly and courteous to everyone he meets, Rider seems to want to befriend the world itself.

A strongly pious Christian, Rider believes that everything in the world occurs according to God's will. From the actions of every man or woman he meets, the good and bad he's experienced in his life, to the wars he's fought in and the men he's killed, everything has been preordained by God. It is for this reason that Rider never allows hatred or enmity to cloud his mind and poison his perception of another, for that person is only walking the path that God laid out for them.

Only once has Rider ever questioned this belief, when the blackhearted son of Charlemagne, Charlot, murdered Rider's own son, Baldwin, and Rider sought revenge. However, having finally been captured and imprisoned by Charlemagne, Rider deeply pondered his belief, and by the time that he was released from his jail he had completely thrown away his desire for revenge, and embraced the sinful son of Charlemagne, and in doing so he embraced a life of eternal acceptance for God's great plan.

... However, despite all of this, Rider is a colossal hothead in battle, and when a strong enemy appears before him he truly lets loose, often causing excessive collateral damage and roughing up his own allies in the process.

STR - B
    END - C
    AGI - C
    PRA - A
    LCK - A

Class Skills

Riding (A+)
    At this level, everything rideable can be mastered, even Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. His skill is great enough to allow him to tame and mount the weaker hostile enemy programs in the Moon Cell, as well as having a shot at taming stronger enemies, so long as he sufficiently weakens them first.

Rider was, among the Twelve Peers, one of the greatest jousters, only considered less skilled than the likes of Roland and Renaud de Montalban, and he has excellent experience with riding a multitude of mounts.

Magic Resistance (C)
    Mid-level magic resistance that reduces the damage of all incoming magic by 2 ranks and all status effects by 1 rank.

For a heroic knight who fought on many battlefields during the Age of Man, Rider's resistance to spells is slightly lower than the norm, though it seems that he has other ways of making up for his lack of innate Magic Resistance...

Personal Skills

Under A Lucky Star (A)
    The natural luck of one who was showered with blessings at birth. Luck is permanently raised to A. The high rank of this skill makes it possible to acquire extra items and gold from defeated enemies and item folders. In addition, fortune seems to always act in the favor of the Servant, e.g. the wind will always seem to blow at the perfect moment, parting branches and revealing a hidden shortcut. A small earthquake occurring while exploring a cave, causing a cave-in that reveals a hidden chamber and miraculously not harming the Servant. Such events are commonplace for the Servant while adventuring. It would be no exaggeration to say that the Servant's fate is to be met with fortune at every turn.

When he was born, and before he was baptized, Rider was visited by six beautiful fairy sisters, and each sister granted him a great blessing. It seems that normally, each of the six blessings would have raised the rank of this skill by one, all the way to A+, but after visiting the island of Avalon and fulfilling his destiny to meet her once more, the blessing of Morgana has faded.

Knight of Christendom (C)
    Protection born from faith. Provides moderate resistance to most curses, with the exception of those B rank and higher. Lowers physical damage taken by weapons, especially those that are linked to the divine, such as weapons that were forged by gods or weapons brandished by enemies with the Divinity skill (END is counted as one rank higher against enemies with Divinity or using divine weapons). The effects of this skill can be temporarily boosted once daily by praying.

Praying raises curse resistance to protect against curses of B rank or higher, as well as granting protection against cursed weapons for three "turns." END is counted as two ranks higher against enemies with Divinity or divine weapons.

The "prayer" for each holder of this skill differs, in Rider's case he must raise his hands to the sky and speak the words "Great Father, thou who didst form all the world, if it please thee, give me the victory today!"

Rider is a devout Christian, an honorable knight, and a loyal servant to his king. His strong faith and frequent battles to defend the cross has granted him divine protection of a moderate degree. Despite this, his rank remains at only C. Perhaps had he been baptized sooner, or perhaps if he had not fought against his own king and fellow knights in the dispute over the murder of his son, Rider's rank in this skill would be higher.

Noble Phantasms

Cortana the Short
    Anti-Personnel - C
    "I am Cortana the Short. He who has the right on his side need not fear the might of the wrong-doer."

A large, cumbersome sword wielded by Ogier. A splendid blade that has been held by many heroes. A giant sword of blinding light, Cortana's origins date back to the rule of a certain golden king who hoarded magnificent and splendid treasures. After his rule, the sword began its long journey through the annals of legend. The sword was held by the smith god Wayland, and was later held by Sir Tristan. From Tristan the sword passed to Brudamant the savage, who melted down and reworked the blade 20 times. Brudamant tested the finished blade on a block of marble, which was cleaved from one end to the other, but in doing so a palm's length of the blade was broken off, and henceforth the sword was known as Cortana the Short. From Brudamant the sword was passed to Karaheut the Saracen, and from Karaheut the sword finally passed to Ogier. The sword would eventually leave Ogier and find itself in the hands of the English monarchy, henceforth to be known as the Sword of Mercy.

By speaking the sword's true name, Cortana transforms into a flash of blinding light. While this effect is active the burden of the sword's weight is lost to Ogier, yet his blows still come down with all the might that the material blade struck with, and his attacks are swung as if his Agility were rank A. Enemies with Magic Resistance below rank C will be temporarily blinded by the sword's light, which cannot be avoided by averting one's gaze or by closing one's eyes - the light of mercy will reach those who cannot repel it by their own strength. Magic Resistance can be substituted by a Prana stat of rank B or higher to repel the light's blinding effect.

Papillon, the Fairy Flame of Avalon (This is where I wank)
    Anti-Army - A+
    Morgan le Fay crowned the babe with a wreath of laurel and gold, and lit a fairy torch that she held in her hand. "This torch," said she, "is the measure of thy earthly days; and it shall not cease to burn until thou hast visited me in Avalon, and sat at table with King Arthur and the heroes who dwell there in that eternal summer-land."

A torch that Ogier keeps on his person at all times, and fights with in his off hand during battles. It's true form is that of the Divine Beast, Papillon, a stallion of flame who resides in the eternal paradise of Avalon. Papillon was given to Ogier on the day he was born, but it did not reveal its true form to him until much later in his life, after he had been crowned King of Judaea. Having grown tired of waiting, Morgana bid Papillon to lead Ogier to Avalon after he was shipwrecked on the island by her magic.

By channeling prana into the torch Ogier can create powerful, vibrant flames that burst from the torch, lashing out under his control. In this state the torch's flames are equivalent to E rank fire magic. By channeling more prana, Ogier can raise the fire's rank. Also, because the imagery is cool, the color changes for each rank!

E = Red
    D = Orange
    C = Yellow
    B = Green
    A = Blue

However, by channeling even more prana into the torch, the flames will begin to rapidly flood out of the torch in a seemingly endless torrent of fire, consuming the area around Ogier. In a single turn the battlefield will be turned into a blazing sea of blue, those who Ogier view as allies will miraculously not be harmed by the flames, though they will be in agonizing pain from the heat. Enemies, however, will be mercilessly chased down by the fire, which is now equal to A+ rank fire magic, as it spreads further and further. Any spells below this rank will be incinerated by the flames, the very foundation of the spells and the magical energy that created them not only unraveled, but utterly destroyed.

Ogier himself will be completely unaffected by the flames.

Finally, by speaking the true name of the torch, as well as the name of his blazing steed, Papillon, the sea of flame will withdraw, condensing itself around Ogier. As the last of the flames return to Ogier, the inferno will encircle him. Them, emitting a final flash of light, the blaze will reach its peak and vanish. Where the condensed sea of flame once centered will stand Papillon with Ogier mounted atop it(this isn't even my final form.jpg).

Papillon has existed as an inhabitant of the "Island of Apples" since long before the island became famous for its association with Morgana. Long before the realm of eternal summer was a home for the Arthurian fairy, it was known as a home for the Irish sea god Manannán mac Lir, and the island was known as Emain Ablach, which meant "Emhain of the Apples." Interestingly, it seems that Papillon chose this island as his home because he favored the eternally warm season, or perhaps it is the opposite, and the eternal summer of Avalon originates from the presence of Papillon himself.

Papillon is fully capable of sustaining himself once he has been fully summoned, and thus requires no further upkeep from Ogier. The defensive capabilities of Papillon can be compared to those of Medusa's Pegasus, having gained immense divine protection from his age (roughly 2,000 years old), making him effectively immune to any magic short of Sorcery, but his offensive powers are what truly make Papillon shine.

From the moment Papillon is fully materialized the very climate of the Arena will change as the temperature rises to levels that are near unbearable for humans(every single Master and Servant inside of the Arena will feel this effect, as well as having a general understanding of where the source of the change is). Papillon can of course control just how hot it makes the weather, but going too far would kill Ogier's Master, so he shows restraint. What a considerate mount.

Naturally, Papillon can breathe fire, and his flames are superior in output and quantity to the sea of flames that Ogier can create while Papillon is in his torch form, as well as being a dazzling white in color. Flight is also possible for Papillon, as he can create a path of fire for himself to walk on in the sky. Papillon's ground speed is roughly 300 kmph, and his flight speed is roughly 500 kmph. During a charge Papillon will coat himself in his flames, becoming a white meteor of destruction.

Random notes:
    Spoiler:
    Under A Lucky Star was the skill I really enjoyed giving to this Servant, because I really wanted to write scenes with him calmly praising God for giving him a fate to find so much phat loot and having such a cool adventure in the Moon Cell. I3uster, the fun-hating turbonazi that he is, actually nerfed the skill to only give me semi-awesome B rank Luck, but in this version I decided to put it back to A because I am such a cool rebel.

Cortana is, in many stories, said to not be able to kill. Personally, I love that and would have liked to make some weird NP out of it that will "defeat" enemies without "killing" them and some other convoluted shit, but felt that the Servant was largely straightforward in all other aspects, and don't like half-assing things one way or the other, so I made Cortana a very simple lightsaber that basically provides a stat buff and forces a MGI check. It's not like needs a better sword anyway when he has his fancy horse. Speaking of...

Papillon has nothing to do with Emain Ablach in actual myth, this is just me wanking because I like connecting mythologies together, and because that wanking further made my NP even more powerful. Likewise, there is no actual connection between the torch that Morgana leaves for Ogier and Papillon, as well as the torch not even showing up in every version of the myth.

This Servant was originally sent without his GOD'S GRAND PATH THE WORLD IS AS GOD WANTS IT TO BE part included because I simply forgot to sent it to the GMs, lol. The whole idea for him and his Master was that his Master was a filthy hobo that just about no other Heroic Spirit could find the patience to work alongside, and so Ogier with his infinite patience for everything on God's great Earth could tolerate the man.

Shit's on fire, yo.

EXTRA refugees, I know you're out there. I have opened the gates, may the second EXTRA Servant exodus begin.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    EXTRA refugees, I know you're out there. I have opened the gates, may the second EXTRA Servant exodus begin.
    Light a path with your rainbow torch. ;.; Poor EXTRA RPs. They always look so cool and have yet to make it into Day 2 (I think). I wonder why.

Ogier's pretty cool I think. A mount that also doubles as an A+ magic attack strikes me as a bit much, but it is by admission wanked, and it hurts his Master too sort of. I'm actually surprised by the amount of self-pain he gives his own team with that torch, lol. The skills are all really solid though.

Blog Entries
    My goal with Papillon was to go big or go home. I basically wanted it to rival Medusa's Pegasus except instead of having +1 to all stats it would just be blazing meteorite of pain. Then to make sure the NP didn't turn into "I say a word and deal huge damage" I decided to throw a sort of summon time onto it. I really wanted to ever get a chance to use it ;_;

夜属 Nightkin
    Servant Caster (also qualifies for Servant Rider)

True Name: Aladdin (fake), Magi of creation

(Alladin, with Ali-Baba behind him)

Hair Color: Dark Blue/Black

Height: 140 cm

Weight: 55 Kg

Alignment: Lawful Good

Natural Enemy: Judar, Al-Tharamen

History

Long ago there was a young man named Alladin, his tale of betrayal and triumph is told in the thousand and one Arabian nights.

This is the true Alladin. It is because of this that Caster is not the true Alladin, but a fake.

In a parallel world a young boy was born to a realm outside of time and space, guarded by one of Solomon's Djinn. This boy would grow up knowing no other human beings until his early teen years, during which he would ask the Djinn Ugo to grant his wish. He wished to be friends.

Ugo gladly accepted and brought Alladin into the world with his powers, but in exchange his friend Aladdin was required to seek out the other Djinn, so as to reunite Ugo with them. During his journeys he discovered that he was a Magi, a mage of creation. He and a very small group of others were gifted with access to the flow of the universe and could call upon the ambient power of the rukh, the guiding spirits, in order to perform miracles. These Magi are tasked with choosing candidates for king, and to lead their candidates to rulership.

Aladdin was an aberration as a Magi. There are only supposed to be three Magi in existence at any given time, however upon being summoned into the real world there were already three Magi making him the fourth. As an abberation he would later gain access to a power no other Magi held, the wisdom of Solomon. Through this power he could actually communitcate with and through the rukh, allowing him powers that even he himself could not understand.

All was not well, as his adventures led him from tragedy to tragedy, and even though he gained many friends, he lost his first friend Ugo. While he would take up other quests to right wrongs it was always his secret wish to have Ugo brought back to him.

Parameters

Str E

End D

Agi E

Mag B/Ex

Luk A

Np Ex

Class Skills

Territory creation: Ex

At this rank Caster is capable of creating Labyrinths in place of his workshop. Due to his nature as a Magi he can also call forth not just one but multiple such territories. Each labyrinth has assigned to it a Djinn who within the space of the labyrinth outside of the treasure room has control akin to Gaea herself, and can warp and manipulate the space as he/she pleases. Those who conquer a Labyrinth and make it to the treasure room may bring unto their service the Djinn within, who becomes their companion and grants them access to their powers.

Item Creation: N/A-A+

Caster is not capable of crafting items, magical or otherwise, in any conventional sense. He can however through the powers of the Labyrinths create Mystic codes that rival in power and ability Noble Phantasms of up to A rank.

Personal Skills

Magi, Mage of Creation: Ex

While a capable magus in his own right do to his (mis)adventures in the magic nation Magnostadt, he can take his magics to impossible heights by utilizing his power to communicate and control the rukh. When accessing his abilities as a Magi this skill replaces his magic parameter. The rukh are the spiritual flow of destiny and history, and are a nearly limitless well of power upon which he can draw. Though he cannot wield the full might of the entire flow of rukh at any time, he can never truly be considered to be without power. While he may have access to the Prana (referred to as magoi) of the rukh, he is still limited in its use based on what his body can handle and manipulate. Human factors such as hunger, and fatigue can limit his ability to access the flow, though its power always runs through him.

Conceptually those who hold this ability can be considered to have a Divinity rank of at least C.

Bolg, the Magician's shield: B-A+++

Magicians in Alladin's world have access to a particular trait known as Bolg. This is a defensive shield that activates without needing the user's will (though it can also be willfully activated in non life-threatening scenarios, or strengthened with concentration). By utilizing the nature of Magoi to link with the rukh, it takes on a kind of mind of its own, and will create a barrier to defend its wielder from hostile attacks. The defensive strength of Bolg varies with the capabilities of its user, though it typically will defend with power of equal rank to one's magic strength (Magic Parameter). Concentration and intentional use of Magoi can increase its effectiveness without limit (assuming enough energy is present to be channeled into it). Bolg has equal effect on spells as it does physical actions, as such it also acts as the skill Magic Resistance, albeit at the penalty of being one rank lower than normal.

The third magic (false): A

Magecraft performed in the world Caster hails from closely resembles the third magic (the direct formation of mysteries with prana). Though a phrase, or an aria may be used to help one remember how to manipulate their magoi for a given spell, all magecraft is performed by the direct manipulation of magical energies in willing a mystery, rather than manipulating the rules of the world.

Magecraft: B

Without utilizing the powers of a Magi, Caster is an above-average magus, with an affinity to fire. He is capable of recreating most mysteries through magecraft (though his usage differs immensely from modern magi).
    Noble Phantasms

Wisdom of Solomon: Ex

After his Djinn friend Ugo was killed during a confrontation with another Magi, Caster drained himself to near-death trying to bring him back. During his recovery he gained access to the mysterious power known only as the Wisdom of Solomon. In the alternate reality Caster comes from it was this Noble Phantasm (rather than his ring) that allowed him to subjugate and control the Djinni. Though Caster lacks knowledge of how to use the power in that fashion, he can still call forth the memories and powers instilled in the rukh, and can use it to perform incredible feats like bringing back the dead to converse with their loved ones.

Though he was known to utilize the power in life, neither he nor his legend ever gave any indication as to the true extent and limits of its power.

This power's effect is so great that merely activating it enough to make glyph on his forehead visible (no matter how small a usage of the power this will occur, though normal magecraft and even accessing the magoi of the rukh as a Magi will not do so) will immediately reveal his identity to anyone who can see him.

Ali-Baba, King Candidate and Mogianna the Fanalis : C

Caster's first human friend was the third prince of Balbadd, Ali-Baba Saluja. Ali-Baba would go on, with Caster's assistance, to conquer one of the Labyrinths, and would wield the powers of the fire Djinn Amon. Ali-Baba's greatest trait was his unshakable courage, it was for this reason that Caster chose him to be his King's Candidate. Ali-Baba wields the Metal Vessel that holds Amon's spirit, and with it can access the djinn's powers.

His second friend was the slave Morgianna. She was owned by the prince of the town that held the Labyrinth conquered by Caster and Ali-Baba, and would later go on to be an integral part of their adventures. She holds the power of Ali-Baba's household vessel, and allows her some access to unique mysteries through it. Though it pales in power to the vessel that holds Amon, it is still a mystic code of significant power.

Their relationship is so integral to Caster's legend that he can call for the aid of his comrades, by temporarily utilizing their abilities (such as Morgianna's Strength and speed, or either of the two's vessels) in exchange for a large payment of magical energy. Due to his nature on the throne as an alternate version of Aladdin, use of this phantasm will not reveal his identity, and will instead likely confuse the grail and other masters into a false conclusion.

Personality:

Aladdin is a whimsical boy, still a child in most regards. He is naïve to a fault, though he can innately sense a person's inner-self and their goodness or evilness in a manner that to most would seem itself like sorcery (it is actually due to his life outside of reality in the palace he stayed with Ugo giving him a different view of the world and its inhabiants). He is quick to defend and help his friends, though they are few, in any situation and does not hesitate to use his great powers to help them.

He carries with him a golden flute that once served as the Vessel in which Ugo resided, though it is now a mundane (if expensive, as it is made of gold) object kept for sentimental reasons. He typically wears an outfit consisting of a blue vest, baggy pants, and a white silk turban. He also frequently carries with him a staff that he obtained in his first adventure after conquering Amon's dungeon, like the flute it has no magical properties of its own, but he holds on to it for sentimental reasons.

Notes:

Ex rank for Wisdom of Solomon is because the only thing I could even think that really comes close to it in terms of how it works (Ea, as it renders the 'turth' unto reality) is that rank. It, as far as I can tell, allows him to actually tap into the powers of fate and destiny themselves (as that is what the 'flow of rukh' that it taps into actually is), seems like something that fits Ex rank well enough.

Magi 'might' actually be A(with some number of plusses), but the sense given in the work this is derived from is "an unlimited resivoir of energy", as a general rule I would think 'unlimited' (in the true sense of inifnity) anything is almost certainly ex rank. Based on what is shown I would expect the magoi of the rukh he has access to to exceed that magical capability of the entirety of Gaea (since based on the imagery used when viewing it through the wisdom of solomon it literally shows galaxies and heavenly bodies as encompassed). Still it may be that I am underestimating what is required of an Ex rank Mag parameter, and a convincing enough argument could easily persuade me it should be something else.

Blog Entries
    Servant: Saber
    True Name: Beowulf

Faceclaim:

Legend:
    The famous monster-slaying hero in Anglo-Saxon folklore, Beowulf came at the call of King Hrothgar of the Danes to slay the Grendel, a monstrous descendant of Cain who had attacked his mead hall. Relying more on his own strength than those of his swords, Beowulf was able to slay not just the Grendel, but its monstrous mother as well, matching both of the creatures in combat. For his heroism, he was bestowed with many gifts, eventually becoming acclaimed enough to succeed Hrothgar as the king of the Danish people.

During his rule, a dragon attacked the kingdom, but the elderly Beowulf still led his men to battle, insisting on fighting the creature alone when his men shrank back. With the help of one warrior, Wiglaf, he was successful in felling the great dragon, but at high cost, shattering both his royal sword and his body in the process. He died after the dragon's defeat, buried with the creature's treasures and his own broken sword. Known as much for his own personal strength as for the legendary failures of his various swords, he has no great fondness for many of his weapons - yet they are as much a part of his nature as a Heroic Spirit as the man himself.

Despite being summoned to the strongest of classes, Saber is obsessed with 'proving' his worth. Particularly in his first two incarnations, he is inclined to take on any challenge, no matter how the odds are stacked against him, in order to prove himself as the strongest of cards. It is this tendency more than any other factor that often leads to the loss of his otherwise intimidating stockpile of lives. However, he is more at peace once he acquires Naegling - despite being less impressive in combat than the boons possessed by his other two blades, the blade represents the Geatish warrior at his zenith, not as a warrior but as a man.

Statistics:
    Noble Phantasm: A
    Strength: A+
    Endurance: B+
    Agility: B
    Magic: C
    Luck: D

Class Abilities:
    Magic Resistance
    Cancels spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for him to be affected.

Riding
    The expertise to ride animals and vehicles. Most vehicles can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races such as Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills:
    Bravery
    The ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination. This has the bonus effect of increasing melee damage.

Charisma
    The natural talent to command an army. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. A rare talent. This rank is suitable for the king of a country.

Monstrous Strength (False)
    Not the strength of a monster, but the capacity to fight against monsters as an equal, causing an individual hero to be regarded as a monster as well. Temporarily increases strength by one + modifier for a time limit determined by the ranking of the skill when battling an enemy with demonic, dragon, or monstrous blood.

Noble Phantasm(s):
    God Sword - Rite of the Last Survivor
    Type: Support
    A representation of the Geatish hero's three trials and the three funerals that accompanied each one, this Noble Phantasm is a curse of immortality that grants its user additional lives by binding his spiritual core not to his body, but to the three Noble Phantasms in his possession. As his three swords are tied to distinct portions in his life and known for their destruction at the conclusion of each feat, Saber may only use one at a time, and his death instead only breaks his current Noble Phantasm, reviving him from death with the next one in sequence. Additionally, this Noble Phantasm has the property of rejecting the concept of 'being overcome by a monster or dragon', increasing his endurance if his opponent or their attack is demonic, dragon, or monstrous in origin.

Hrunting - Hound of the Red Plains
    Type: Anti-Unit
    A wickedly curved and edged pitch-black weapon bestowed upon Saber by the treacherous Unferth, it was claimed that this Noble Phantasm had never failed its wielder and was tempered in blood. As a result of the ancient blade's blood-soaked curse, Hrunting is incapable of 'missing', its swings correcting themselves to relentlessly pursue a target whether parried, repulsed, or avoided for as long as the attacker continues to focus on his target. Even a near miss is highly likely to become a grazing strike in melee range. The accuracy of this effect further increases each time the weapon sheds blood within the same encounter, stacking until the odds of taking a life become all but certain. If the sword was, for some absurd reason, to be used as a projectile, then it is likely it would still function in a relatively similar manner.

Giant's Blade - Glory of the Gold Warriors
    Type: Anti-Unit
    An immense golden axe-sword closer to a pillar than a blade, only Saber's great strength allows him to wield a blade never meant for human hands. The weapon's unnatural girth alone makes it a devastatingly effective weapon, but it carries otherworldly magic as well. Where even the ancient Hrunting had been unable to pierce the defenses of Grendel's mother, the even more ancient Giant's Blade had cleaved through her without resistance.

The Giant's Blade carries anti-magic properties that effectively ignores magic attacks or defenses ranked B or lower, allowing it to destroy or smash through all but the most otherworldly mysteries. This also has the incidental effect of negating most magical effects on contact, similar to the curse of a certain golden spear; rather than applying the effects of a curse, this is purely the brute force application of its nature as a far older mystery than many it clashes with.

Naegling - Radiance of the Gray Nails
    Type: Anti-Unit (Anti-Fortress)
    The final sword of the hero Beowulf, given to him by Hrothgar upon his defeat of the monsters that plagued his court, and the weapon that became his sword of kingship later in life. This weapon shattered in Beowulf's final moments from the force with which he struck the dragon attacking his kingdom, and while Beowulf himself was mortally wounded in the process, it was still sufficient to slay a dragon.

An unimpressive, tarnished grey blade, the only obvious evidence of Naegling's royal pedigree are four nail-shaped jewels on its hilt. Each gem contains a large stock of prana, equivalent to an A-rank spell, and may be released as an elemental spell with no mana expenditure of his own. However, once expended, each nail is permanently lost. It is only when all four nails have been expended that Naegling's true form may be revealed - the tarnished grey blade is actually a clouded diamond, one which has basked in and absorbed the life force of countless generations of Geatish kings. For one glorious instant, the blade is capable of an anti-fortress attack matched only by the greatest of Noble Phantasms. The piercing power of this one attack is nearly unparalleled, but at great cost, for releasing the stored energy is certain to shatter the last blade binding Saber to his life.

Notes:
    Mmm, been sitting on this one for awhile. Not entirely sure I'm happy with how this turned out, and I'll fully admit to taking some inspiration from Bloble and ScarletWeather's incarnations (particularly in terms of the Giant's Sword and the Monstrous Strength (False) skill name), but I like him enough to post now. I wasn't too fond of the Broken Phantasm emphasis in the other sheets, so I kind of wanted to try something different - which ended up making him into a lich who stores his life in the three swords because they're as much a part of his legend as the man himself. He resents the swords being so important, though, and has a bit of a chip on his shoulder as a result, leading to him having something of a death wish as he tries to prove himself that mitigates the OP of giving a Saber multiple lives. Or so I hope, at least.

...Not sure why reading Naegling had jeweled nails on its hilt led me to turn it into a Zelretch sword, though. I liked keeping a similar name convention to Hrunting on all three, at least.
    Last edited by Sunny; June 6th, 2015 at 09:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Weird little thought:

Saber - Europe
    Archer - North America
    Lancer - Africa
    Rider - Australia
    Caster - Asia
    Assassin - Antarctica
    Berserker - South America

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NailsInYourFeet View Post
    Assassin - Antarctica

Last edited by Sunny; February 23rd, 2013 at 12:47 AM.