Page 431 of 782 FirstFirst ... 331381421426429430431432433436441481531 ... LastLast
Results 8,601 to 8,620 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Hercules nothing, the reason is pretty much just sword = big.

黒いスサノヲ, Black Susano'oh IhaxlikeNoob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Offset 'MAGIC' weapons with sheer 'MASS' if I recall correctly.

Even his club is manly, kek.
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I guess that was a food explanation again. Which makes sense still because the lamppost was big too but Lancelot still needed to make it a Noble Phantasm for it to be suitable. Admit it. You know deep down the explanation is really because Heracles said so and Gaia had to make it so.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Undefeated of the Keyboard! Proda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    I know we could attribute it to Archer’s Arm but Shirou was able to harm Berserker with the axesword. I presume UBW Shirou would be able to do so also, and he's certainly not a Servant.
    ^THIS
    Let's not forget Shirou cut Gil's arm off in UBW, He was no servant at the time and the sword he used to cut him altough created by magecraft was still real.Also Archer threatened Saber with using Excalibur in UBW, to let him kill Shirou without her interfering,(he was clearly bluffing,ofc) if it did count as magic she could simply stay in front of Shirou and void all the swords/sword blasts due to her hax level magic resistance.
    Last edited by Proda; April 11th, 2014 at 09:50 AM.
    I am the seat of my chair
    Wood is my body and foam rubber is my blood
    I have built over one thousand chairs
    Unknown to sofas
    Nor known to beds
    have withstood pain to build many chairs
    and yet those chairs will never be liked by Shiki Tohno
    So as i pray:
    "UNLIMITED CHAIR WORKS!"

Blog Entries
    What are you even trying to argue?
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Undefeated of the Keyboard! Proda's Avatar
    That Shirou was able to harm a Servant altough he clarly was not one and that it is not due to low magic resistance on the opponent's part.
    I am the seat of my chair
    Wood is my body and foam rubber is my blood
    I have built over one thousand chairs
    Unknown to sofas
    Nor known to beds
    have withstood pain to build many chairs
    and yet those chairs will never be liked by Shiki Tohno
    So as i pray:
    "UNLIMITED CHAIR WORKS!"

Blog Entries
    Well, black keys don't work so good. He could pin True Assassin, but not actually hurt him.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    Kuzuki's punch made Archer's head move from the impact too.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Kuzuki's punches could count as magecraft though, because of Medea's reinforcement. And considering the scale, it's NP > Conceptual Weapon specifically created to hurt spiritual beings (Black Key) > Reinforced punch.

Fanfiction
    Tabula Rasa

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Junky View Post
    Kuzuki's punches could count as magecraft though, because of Medea's reinforcement. And considering the scale, it's NP > Conceptual Weapon specifically created to hurt spiritual beings (Black Key) > Reinforced punch.
    Medea was busy being dead and her reinforcement gone. Otherwise Archer wouldn't have a head left, much like Rider.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Medea was busy being dead and her reinforcement gone. Otherwise Archer wouldn't have a head left, much like Rider.
    I don't remember the scene. Could you point me to it or quote it? Does Archer really suffer damage or is he just pushed back?

Fanfiction
    Tabula Rasa

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDoge View Post
    Either way your point is kind of moot.

The Keys impaled Assassin. If he was immune to the interference of the Keys, it would not have penetrated him.
    My point was "The keys don't work so well at actually hurting Servants.". It's specified that they can't kill Assassin no matter what.

Basically, they can affect his body, but they can't actually deal real damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Junky View Post
    I don't remember the scene. Could you point me to it or quote it? Does Archer really suffer damage or is he just pushed back?
    Pushed back, which is what I said.

Scene is Ideal / Reality Marble.
    O piteous Wanderer.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDoge View Post
    That's pedantic, and not even related to the original point.
    Siriel!

I was going to respond to that last night, but now it's gone. I don't see what difference having A rank strength could possibly make. Kotomine's strength was enough to go all the way through him and pin him to a tree. What more do you want? Apparently that did nothing but immobilize him until Zouken was baptized into dust, at which point he was weak enough to actually be in danger. I suppose the spiritual strength of the key was enough to at least penetrate his skin, but somehow didn't actually do any notable damage to the organs it must have pierced. Why? Because magic, that's why.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    My point was "The keys don't work so well at actually hurting Servants.". It's specified that they can't kill Assassin no matter what.

Basically, they can affect his body, but they can't actually deal real damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Pushed back, which is what I said.

Scene is Ideal / Reality Marble.
    I think that's just because the Black Key's deal so little damage that it's like taking a drop out of the bucket of mana the Servant has at their disposal to heal themselves.

It would take Kotomine stabbing True Assassin with Black Keys thousands of times while TA just stands there and takes it for him to kill TA probably. But in principle I don't see why they can't kill TA.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

マリーの味方
    Decided to take a break from studying for my Psych final, so I wrote up a Servant idea I had been thinking about.

I realize he is a rather mediocre Servant and in most cases shouldn't even be considered a candidate. But when learning about him the first thought that popped into my head was "this guy was totally a Magus.", so most of the motivation was just to create a backstory for him in the Nasuverse.

Class: Caster
    True Name: Walter Jackson Freeman II
    Sex: Male
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Strength: E
    Endurance: E
    Agility: D
    Prana: C
    Luck: B
    Noble Phantasm: C

Class Skills:

Territory Creation: B
    The skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus. Creation of a “Workshop” is possible.

Item Construction: D
    The skill to manufacture magical items. Capable of low ranking charms of weapons.

Personal Skills:

Mental Pollution: C
    Makes it highly possible to shut out any mental interference Thaumaturgy, due possessing a distorted mentality. However, at the same time it becomes impossible to come to an understanding with individuals that do not possess an equivalent rank of mental pollution.

Magecraft: C
    Capable of using orthodox Thaumaturgy. Specializes in Thaumaturgy related to the human mind.

Noble Phantasm:

Lobotomy: The Miracle “Cure”

Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm
    Given access to the proper surgical tool, Caster is capable of performing an infiltration of the mind. After a successful luck check, his target will become completely bound under his will. This Mental Interference is leagues above regular Mental Interference Thaumaturgy, and is able to be used on both Master and Servant alike.
    If the luck check fails, the target will begin to show symptoms of insanity. Their mental state will continue to deteriorate until they become completely insane. Death is also a possibility.

Nasuverse Background:
    Spoiler:
    Walter was born to a relatively minor family of Magi that focused their Thaumaturgy on the workings of the human body.

However, unlike the rest of his family, Walter focused most of his efforts on the inner workings of the human mind. He entered the field of Neurology and began to study the human brain, observing it from both a scientific approach as well as one of a Magi.

Like most Magi, Walter eventually began to focus his efforts on finding a pathway to Akasha. Through his research, he believed that the key to reaching it was through the human brain; the core that anchors the soul to the body.

To accomplish this, he focused his efforts on a surgical procedure known as “Lobotomy.” Coined by a published newspaper as “Surgery of the Soul”, Lobotomy was a neurosurgical procedure that involved cutting and scrapping away parts of the brain. Walter performed this procedure on many psychiatric patients, with the primary goal of obtaining as much knowledge of the inner workings of the human brain as possible.

However, Lobotomy was in no way a perfect procedure. Many of his patients became worse as a result of his surgery, and some of them even died. After one final procedure that resulted in his patient dying of a cerebral haemorrhage, he was finally banned from performing surgery. This ban was partially influenced by certain segments of the Mage's Association who believed his work threatened to reveal Thaumaturgy to the public.

Although his research had resulted in the deaths and suffering of many, Walter did still care for the livelihood his patients. He believed that his work was necessary to end the suffering that many who possess mental disorders go through.
    After his ban, Walter gave up on his research. Although his son would attempt to carry on parts of it, Walter eventually died believing that he had failed.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    If you're going to write wanked-out characters of absurd power, don't pull any of the brakes. Go full bore, or go home.

I was going to write a little Nasu history and/or a snippet for him, but I felt like I wasn't getting Gilgamesh right so I set it aside for now. Maybe I'll come back and edit it in later.

Ziusudra
    The Immortal Storm Rider

Class: Rider
    Alternate Classes: None

Parameters:
    Strength: C
    Endurance: C
    Agility: B
    Mana: A
    Luck: B

Hell yeah, all the ancient kings looked the same. They were being made with the prototype Einzbern Homunculus KwikKopy Machine, or some shit.

The Story of Ziusudra. Or Atrahasis. Or Utnapishtim. Whatever he's called. Fuck it, just read it.

Atrahasis is this nice guy back in ancient Sumeria (like balls old, way older than Gilgamesh's time) and he is just chilling, living life like a good dude does. But then he hears the gods talking about wiping out all the humans by listening to them through the walls of his house when they are outside, because the walls are made of shitty reeds so they don't soundproof shit. He gets scared but then Enki tells him to relax, take a chill pill, Enki's got this, he doesn't want to see all the humans die. Enki gives him the plans for a boat. He builds the boat He puts all the animals on it. It rains. A lot. Everything is fucking wet as fuck. He and the animals survive, all the other humans except his family are dead from getting all wet and pruney. Sound familiar at all?

Anyway, the gods decide they feel super bad about killing everything and are all like "you go glen coco Atrahasis, you the fuckin' man!" so they rename him Ziusudra. Or Utnapishtim. Or whatever, maybe both. Doesn't matter. They also grant him and his wife immortality, because fuck it why not? Since they're not dying anytime soon, they go to chill with the gods.

So later, much much much later, Gilgamesh is on his search for immortality, and he hears about this old dude who just doesn't die. So he goes to visit and then Ziusudra tells him all about the flood and how it was totally shit and everything. Also, he makes it pretty clear that his immortality was this once in a blue moon special occasion given by the gods, and since Gilgamesh fucking hates the gods he's got sweet fuck all chance of getting that immortality. Gilgamesh protests, Ziusudra proves him wrong by having his wife bake bread. Just go with it, okay?

Gil actually ends up kinda
    depressed as all fuck
    humbled
    by this, and decides to leave. Ziusudra shows him the door, because thank fuck the arrogant asshole is finally leaving, but his wife tells him to stop being a total ass to the only guy who's bothered to wander all the way to the kingdom of the gods in fuck knows how long and stopped to have some tea and crumpets with them. So Ziusudra is all "Yo, there's this plant at the bottom of this lake I know. Eat that and you'll live for fukken ages or something idunnolol" and Gilgamesh goes "sweet deal fukken thanks" and leaves.

And that's the story.

Class Skills:

Voyager of the Storm (A+): Nobody has as great a rank in this skill as Rider, because nobody has ever had to guide a boat through a storm as bad as the one that created the Ancestral Flood. Grants the equivalent benefits of high level Charisma, Riding and Military Tactics skills to do with naval aspects. As his ability to sail a ship is key to his heroic legend this skill has subsumed Riding as the Class Skill for Rider.

Magic Resistance (B): Cancel spells up to Three-Verse Arias. It is possible to lessen the effects of High Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals to a degree. This is a level of resistance common for someone who lived for eons in the very depths of the Age of Gods.

Personal Skills:

Culture Hero (A+): Rider saved the entirety of human culture, repopulated the world and brought his children a wealth of knowledge. All human knowledge that was carried on by humanity from the antediluvian era through to the rebirth of humanity came through him and thus he is a culture hero without compare, even if others may be better known in the modern era. Rider is able to grant anyone he favours with a laying of his palm upon the forehead with up to three non-unique knowledge- or -technique-based skills at Rank B, although they cannot be skills which themselves emulate multiple skills.

Librarian of Stored Knowledge (A+): Rider received another name before he was ever called Utnapishtim or Ziusudra, and that was Atrahasis, meaning “Exceedingly Wise”. He has access to vast tomes of knowledge and wisdom within his head. With the most trivial of Luck checks Rider is able to draw upon high-level knowledge of almost any branch of life.

Unified Language (-): Rider speaks the Unified Language fluently, as it was the language of all people before the flood. Due to his exceeding wisdom and respect for all creatures Rider speaks in a tongue slightly twisted from the original language, such that all beings can understand it without necessarily being completely controlled by it. Those who hear him speak will still feel strong compulsions to obey his words or agree with them, but protections against mental interference or Rank B or higher Magic Resistance and similar skills will allow the listener to resist.

Shuruppak
    Preserver of Life

Type: Anti-Annihilation

Description: The reason for Ziusudra’s designation as Rider, this Phantasm allows him to manifest the great ark that he built to survive the flood that wiped the planet clean. It is a hardy boat, stocked full of treasures and touched by Utu, the sun god, granting it the ability to draw on the sun itself as a prana source to fuel it. This is good, as the full might of Shuruppak is incredibly prana-intensive, so Ziusudra is unlikely to try to use it at night without a significant prana source.

Shuruppak can be manifested in a less-intensive conceptual form, focusing on the concept of Preservation of Life, forming a protective cube of hazy energy that can resist even the greatest of attacks, as it was able to survive the wrath of an angry god which wiped out all other life on Earth. This is not “removal to a safe realm” or any similar concept, but simply “the endurance of life in even trace amounts”. The result is that although it can protect those within the cube from any attack, it cannot guarantee that they will be completely unharmed or that they will not lose anything beyond their lives. Exceptionally strong attacks may still destroy armour, weapons, defenses and the environment around those shielded by Shuppurak for this reason.

When fully manifested, Shuruppak’s greatest treasure becomes obvious. Stored within the ark are two of each and every animal species Rider was able to collect, and he can unleash them at his will from the ark. These animals are the ancestral beings to almost every animal on Earth in the present time, and they are all at the level of Phantasmal Beasts, even the simplest and most mundane of creatures having a Monstrous Beast classification thanks to vast accumulation of age and mystery.

Enlil
    Deluge of Annihilation

Type: Anti-Life

Description: The true power of Rider’s legend, the core element that lays in the lineage of every disaster story, the great world-cleansing flood that was attested in so many myths and so many cultures. It is divine retribution incarnate and is in no way of this world, meaning it is beyond comprehension. Once invoked, Deluge of Annihilation is impossible to stop as even if Rider were to be killed the full activation of this Noble Phantasm would still occur.

When activated an immense glowing golden Bounded Field will immediately appear, centred upon Rider, stretching an enormous fifty kilometres in diameter. Outside the domain of the Earth, in the orbiting heavens, a great cloudy squall forms, with six bolts of lightning circling around it constantly. When unleashed, the lightning bolts streak down to Earth, converging together to form a single great bolt of lightning that strikes the designated target with great force, already a Rank A+ attack in terms of strength.

However, this is only the beginning, as the lightning is immediately trailed by the tempestuous squall filling the entirety of the Bounded Field, tumbling down to Earth with all the ferocity of every legendary storm imaginable. The winds howl, the rain slices at the skin and the land immediately begins to flood as inverted geysers of water shoot down from the sky, washing away anything they strike with the immense force of giants.

If left unchecked by Rider the Bounded Field can latch onto all of the leylines held within it and continue to expand, feeding to envelop the entire world as long as nothing interferes with it. The rushing waters can rise greatly, drowning out all life within the field except those who can counter it in some fashion, and the spiritual nature of the waters means that even Servants who retreat to their intangible spiritual form cannot avoid this attack. Truly, Enlil is the great disaster that can wipe away all traces of life to begin the world anew.
    Last edited by Vagrant; April 14th, 2014 at 10:38 AM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Mh, not bad after all. However:

I have to turn up my nose for the faceclaim... at least don't pick one from Nasuverse, but this is a digression.

I'd say the LCK stat could even be higher. He did survive The Deluge (although sponsired by gods) after all. Same goes for MR, even a C (or even B) rank would have been accepted (at least by me).

Yup, he's the original, greatest culture hero.

Wisdom is essentially Librarian of Stored Knowledge (or Expert of Many Specializations, but in this case I prefer the first). Or, as an alternative, at least use soemthing more original than just "wisdom" as a name for the PS.

Personally I'd remove the scond NP, for various reasons. Regarding Shuruppak, I'd make it so that he summons ethereal parts of the ark instead of a cube shaped force field.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    Mh, not bad after all. However:

I have to turn up my nose for the faceclaim... at least don't pick one from Nasuverse, but this is a digression.
    He was pretty clearly inspired by Protogil, so I decided to make a joke of it. Ancient Babylonian kings were all glorious golden beings with vibrant red eyes and perfect pectoral muscles in my perfect Nasuverse.

I'd say the LCK stat could even be higher. He did survive The Deluge (although sponsired by gods) after all. Same goes for MR, even a C (or even B) rank would have been accepted (at least by me).
    Maybe he could, yeah. I guess I'm just used to Riders having relatively poor stats, but he is ancient as hell. MR at the very least could have been higher I suppose.

Yup, he's the original, greatest culture hero.
    Culture Hero is a skill likely to work its way into a few of my heroes, I've decided I really like it as a generic but flavourful and useful skill. I've already gone back and added it to Tatkanna, it works so well for some Servants.

Wisdom is essentially Librarian of Stored Knowledge (or Expert of Many Specializations, but in this case I prefer the first). Or, as an alternative, at least use soemthing more original than just "wisdom" as a name for the PS.
    Huh. I could have sworn that Wisdom was an existing skill doing basically what I said there, fetching information based on a Luck check. Guess it was from something else then. In that case I think I will change it to one of those other ones. Librarian of Stored Knowledge is more what I'm aiming for I think.

Personally I'd remove the scond NP, for various reasons. Regarding Shuruppak, I'd make it so that he summons ethereal parts of the ark instead of a cube shaped force field.
    Rider can't ride his ark if there's no water, nor can he be a clear emulation of Proto!Gil with ridiculously overblown powers D:

The ark forms as a cube because that was how the Preserver of Life was described in the Sumerian/Babylonian myths. A wooden block equal on all sides, sealed completely and divided into nine smaller blocks. In that respect actually, the Noah movie was actually fairly spot on. It was less a boat and more a containment cell.

Which makes giving him Voyager of the Storm all the more amusing.

To be honest, I could probably relatively easily alter his flood Phantasm so it wasn't quite so absurd if I wanted to make him a little more fitting, but it was a life-ending flood that would have killed literally everything if it weren't for that ark. And the fishes I guess, but fuck the fishes.

I think I will make some of the changes you mentioned, thanks!

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Huh. I could have sworn that Wisdom was an existing skill doing basically what I said there, fetching information based on a Luck check.
    Not that I remember in nasuverse.

The ark forms as a cube because that was how the Preserver of Life was described in the Sumerian/Babylonian myths. A wooden block equal on all sides, sealed completely and divided into nine smaller blocks. In that respect actually, the Noah movie was actually fairly spot on. It was less a boat and more a containment cell.
    Ah, I see. That makes sense.

I think I will make some of the changes you mentioned, thanks!
    You're welcome! It's always a pleasure to nitpick other people's efforts (but that's why this thread exists, right?).