Page 441 of 782 FirstFirst ... 341391431436439440441442443446451491541 ... LastLast
Results 8,801 to 8,820 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    I actually just recently finished up a Sun Wukong bio actually. Still polishing, but I think the concepts I've played with have the potential to make it interesting, characterwise.
    Hrm, that's interesting. I'd like to see how you worked it out. ^^;

As for Breunor, I'm curious about the pre-errata version, but it's still pretty nice a defensive NP as is. His stats are a little average and the lack of a one on one tactic hurts him, but he's interestingly tuned really well for a battle royale, assuming he can score one. I like the custom personal skill.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Class: Berserker
    True Name: Thiess of Kaltenbrun, the Hound of God
    Alignment: Chaotic Good (Mad)

STR: B MGI: D
    END: A LCK: D
    AGI: A+ NP: B

Keywords:_________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________

01. Lycanthropy
    Spoiler:
    Lycanthrope. Werewolf. The mythological human with the ability to shapeshift into a wolf-like creature, either purposely or after being placed under a curse or affliction. A common superstition found in numerous cultures all across the world, and harking back to the Indo-European folklore. A malevolent entity closely associated with witches and the Devil, who can grant the superior physical form to those who associate themselves with the powers of Darkness.

The term “lycanthropy”, comes from Ancient Greek λυκάνθρωπος lukánthropos (from λύκος lúkos "wolf" and ἄνθρωπος, ánthrōpos "human". The word werewolf continues a late Old English wer(e)wulf, a compound of were "adult male human" and wulf "wolf". Old Norse had the cognate varúlfur, but because of the high importance of werewulves in Norse mythology, there were alternative terms such as ulfhéðinn ("one in wolf-skin").

02. Martyr
    Spoiler:
    In 1691, the judges of Jürgensburg, a town in Swedish Livonia, brought before them an octogenarian known as Thiess of Kaltenbrun, believing him to be a witness in a case regarding a church robbery. They were aware of the local rumors that identified him as werewolf, but they had little interest in such allegations, which were unrelated to the case at hand. Nonetheless, Thiess proceeded to offer them an account of lycanthropy that differed significantly from the traditional view of the werewolf then prevalent in northern Germany and the Baltic countries.
    Thiess claimed that he and the other werewolves occasionally would transform from their human bodies into wolves and travelto a place that was located "beyond the sea". This spot was a swamp near Lemburg, about half a mile away from the estate of the court's chairman. Here they entered into Hell, where they battled both the Devil and the malevolent witches who were loyal to him, beating them with long iron rods and chasing them like dogs. Thiess furthermore told the judges that the werewolves "cannot tolerate the devil", and that they were the "hounds of God". Thiess and his brethren would have to go on their journey and battle so in order to bring back the livestock, grains and fruits of the Earth which had been stolen by the witches. If they failed in their task, Thiess opined, then that year's harvest would be bad.
    After listening to his account of his nocturnal travels to Hell, the judges became concerned as to whether Thiess was a devout Lutheran or not. It was later revealed that aside from his nocturnal journeys, Thiess practiced folk magic for members of the local community. For the judges, this blessing was seen as criminal because it encouraged clients to turn away from Christianity, and so they sentenced Thiess to be flogged and banished for life.

Class and Personal Skills:___________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____

Mad Enhancement: A
    It raises basic parameters in exchange of hindering mental capacities. In some cases, also seals away Personal Skills. At this level it ranks up parameters, but most of one's reason is robbed. Due to undergoing consciousness equalization with the Master, one has become a more mechanical Servant.
    Berserker can effectively use this Skill only when transformed, and s otherwise sealed when in his human form.

Magic Resistance: C
    It grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects prana, this ability cancels the spells altogether. At this level it cancels spells with a chant below two verses. It’s important to note that the term "verse" refers to a set of three lines. Thus, a chant of two verses is equivalent to a Six-Line incantation. It cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.
    Although not necessarily a Class Skill of the Berserker Class, nonetheless Berserker displays it due to its status as a “Holy Beast” whose duty is battling witches.

Monstruous Strength: B
    It’s an ability possessed by monsters and beasts, and it temporarily boost of the Strength parameter by one rank for a time limit determined by the ranking of this skill. At this level, Berserker can be considered a true “Monster of God”.

Just Instinct: A
    A form of supernatural instinct that guides him to the best, most rightful path. Although under the effect of Mad Enhancement when transformed, Just Instinct effectively compensates the disadvantage of having one’s higher cognitive functions removed by not only strengthening the psychic bond and coordination with the Master, but also providing Berserker with a natural affinity for fighting the good of people, overwriting the more traditional wild and evil instinct of the usual werewolf.
    A Skill originated by his service under God, it is in fact the most striking manifestation of a higher form of divine mandate. Due to this, after a successful (albeit seldom) Luck check, it can boost one parameter during battle when in a critical situation.

Noble Phantasm:_________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

Wolf Skin
    Pelt of Transmogrification
    Type: Anti-Unit

A wolf pelt that, when worn on the naked skin, fuses with the flesh and turns the user into a werewolf. Traditionally, according to different superstitions, there are various ways for a human to shapeshift into a werewolf, including magical salves, scratched or bitten by another werewolf, drinking from the footprints of an animal or potions, caused by a curse or divine punishment (such as the case of king Lycaon), or most famously sleeping outside in summer with a full moon. Thiess himself during his trial listed more than one way to pass on the werewolf transformation.
    The pelt is incredibly durable and no ordinary weapon or Noble Phantasm of medium-low rank can hope to damage it. Obviously, when transformed, all of Thiess’ physical parameters are inhumanly boosted, and the actual power exhibited by the transformation is furthermore increased in conjunction with the year’s holiest days.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________

I just recently found out this figure, and it was too interesting to just let it pass by.

Blog Entries
    First time I'm hearing of him, but I definitely like the profile and the character!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    >go to check out this cool-sounding guy
    >Wikipedia link is already purple

Fuck. Well, I'm glad someone else has done something with him because he's definitely interesting as a Servant. I like the way you worked in the Hound of God aspect to a high degree with the Magic Resistance and Just Instinct, which is a very neat new skill.

I dislike the idea that while transformed he's mechanical and robotic when not fighting evil, since it's not how I picture a werewolf at all, I have to admit. I don't think you have to stick to Lu Bu's version of Mad Enhancement here if you don't want, and I think a frenzied beast who happens to have the instinct to point himself in the direction of evil things is a good deal more interesting as far as a character goes, personally.

The Noble Phantasm is fine, nothing wrong here. I assume that it just provides the high defense and then it's Mad Enhancement that provides the "inhuman boost" to Parameters, which I'm going to assume is the regular Rank Up to all Parameters since it isn't explicitly stated. I do think that his listed stats at the start are high for such an unknown, regular-ish and relatively recent guy. I mean, I assume those listed are his boosted stats, but personally I think it's better to list his unboosted stats since the ME state isn't his natural or even regular state. Also, even without the boosts Rank A Agility sounds insane when you consider what Saber and Rider were doing with their Rank C or B agility.

Honestly, this is the sort of guy that I think really would embody the original concept of the Berserker well: weak stats, until you apply Mad Enhancement and other boosts to get him up to a relative par.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    First time I'm hearing of him, but I definitely like the profile and the character!
    THanks!

@Vagrant: when he's transformed he's not "mechanical and robotic in fighting evil" - technically. He's a mindless beast, but Just Instinct guides him at every moment towards the right choice. Think of it as kind of EAM of Lancelot, all the advantages of ME without the handicap of it. As I wrote, Just Instinct overwrited this handicap of such a high rank of ME. The bond with the Master is strengthened due to their sharing of a common goal (thus JI kicks in, making Thiess instinctively choose the best course of action which benefits such alliance). Rather than pointing him at evil people, it makes him follow the best course of action to obtain a good result - for example, let's say the opponent is using children as shields, his Instinct would tell him better than rush and slash at him, instead would make him tensed to strike at the first opening (of course, it also provides a huge affinity at fighting "demonic" opponents).
    Admittedly, if the Master is anything else than a Lawful or Neutral Good personality, the internal conflict between "fighting for his bro" and "fighting for the good cause" would hinder every advantage JI would give him, by making him too confused to properly attack.
    The (first) inhuman boost is granted by lupine physiology, then also by ME. The stats listed are just a guideline, and can occasionally be furthed increased by a Luck check. AGI is high because I envisioned him as more of a fast beast rather than a physically strong beast (from a strategic point of view, it's better to fight witches and warlocks by speedblitzing them before they can cast, rather than trying to fight incantations with brute strength).

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Sure, but even then you have AGI higher than Cuchulainn, who was mad crazy with his speed and actions. I dunno, just feels amped to the max for someone who really shouldn't be all that strong. Not every servant needs, or should have, stats that can compare with King Arthur and Herk and the like. Given how his overall stats are better here than Shirou!Saber, Diarmuid, Cuchulainn, Siegfried and Mordred and his Physical Parameters equal or exceed those of Rin!Saber, Gil, Arc, CCC!Karna, landboosted!Vlad and are only just shy of the physical stats of Lancelot or Herk he just seems abnormally stronk for somebody who is effectively a nobody.

I know, all his skills and Phantasms are pointed towards boosting his stats and making him able to actually fight so he has no bonus effects or tricks, but my gut instinct is just "whoa super stronk".

I think I have an issue with it because I really love the concept and the workings towards him being this operator of righteousness but then he just has this other angle where he's ridiculously strong for who and what he is.

Of course, no need to change him, that's just my feeling on the matter.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Sure, but even then you have AGI higher than Cuchulainn, who was mad crazy with his speed and actions.
    Sasaki (an improper Assassin) and Achilles (summoned in the Rider class) both have the same rank. I understand your comparison, but it's not a rule set in stone.

I dunno, just feels amped to the max for someone who really shouldn't be all that strong. Not every servant needs, or should have, stats that can compare with King Arthur and Herk and the like. Given how his overall stats are better here than Shirou!Saber, Diarmuid, Cuchulainn, Siegfried and Mordred and his Physical Parameters equal or exceed those of Rin!Saber, Gil, Arc, CCC!Karna, landboosted!Vlad and are only just shy of the physical stats of Lancelot or Herk he just seems abnormally stronk for somebody who is effectively a nobody.
    These are all fair points, however keep in mind that he's a Berserker (which carries certain obligations when it comes to physical stats) and that he has no other means of fighting aside from physically overpowering the opponent, he doesn't have auto-resurrection or the trick abilities of Lancelot.
    All of the servants you listed have good chances to kill him with their NPs.

I know, all his skills and Phantasms are pointed towards boosting his stats and making him able to actually fight so he has no bonus effects or tricks, but my gut instinct is just "whoa super stronk".
    Values dissonance? I honestly didn't think I made him so OP.

I think I have an issue with it because I really love the concept and the workings towards him being this operator of righteousness but then he just has this other angle where he's ridiculously strong for who and what he is.

Of course, no need to change him, that's just my feeling on the matter.
    You can work for the Light and be strong ;D. His lack of fame is perhaps the strongest point. Hoiwever I basically envisioned his backstory to be a kind of "last resort"/"spec ops" in fighting witches and the Devil, when all the saints and angels aren't available God sends his Hounds to
    do the job, so they kinda have to be up to the job.

And your opinion has been noted.

Ok, going to try my newest one out. I was trying to go for something similar to the Hundred-Faced Hassan and take it a step further by having them all combine back together into someone more powerful.

Class: Assassin
    Identity: The fifty daughters of Danaus of Argos, referred to as The Danaides.

They were pledged to marry the sons of Danaus' brother, Aegyptus of Egypt, in an alliance meant to spare the destruction of nearby lands by warfare.
    On their wedding night, at their father's urging, all but one killed their husbands.
    For this crime they were sentenced to Tartarus where they must spend eternity filling a bath that will never fill because of a leak, never able to wash away their sin.

Strength: E (C*)
    Endurance: E (D*)
    Agility: E (B*)
    Mana: E (C*)
    Luck: E (D*)

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment (D):
    Hides one's presence. Suitable for spying.

Personal Skills:

Expert of Many Specializations (A):
    Allows for a multitude of skills to be used with proficiency of Rank E to B depending on the personality of the particular daughter.

Divinity (D (C*)): Assassin's father Danaus is a grandson of Posiedon and a great-great grandson of Zeus. Grants some protection against attacks from those who possess ranks lower than Assassin.

Noble Phantasms:

Daughters of Danaus~ Forty-Nine Mariticides (B):

When Assassin is first summoned, she does not possess a true self. While she appears to be a single person, she is really an amalgamation of the 49 Danaides who killed their husbands. However, she can separate herself into 49 independent women, at the cost of about half her prana and reducing all her parameters to rank E. Each daughter has their own will, personality, strengths and weaknesses. This Noble Phantasm allows them to increase their numbers which makes it ideal for spying and reconnaissance, but due to the decrease in strength they are not suited to fighting other Heroic Spirits. They do not share experiences or thoughts, but they can read each other's general status when in close proximity to each other. This Noble Phantasm is representative of the daughters all executing a common act of murder at the same time, which bound them together in the Underworld.

*Merciful Daughter~ Hypermnestra (A):

On the fateful wedding night, Hypernmestra was the only daughter who spared her husband because he respected her wish to remain a virgin. As the most well known of the Danaides, this Noble Phantasm embodies her fame and strength of character. At any time, the Daughters can consent to assimilating back into one being; however they do not become the amalgamation they were summoned as. Instead, Assassin gains a definitive single identity in the form of the 50th sister: Hypermnestra. When this happens, her other Noble Phantasm is sealed, but she regains her original parameter rankings as well as an increase in her Divinity by one rank, since she alone received aid and blessing from Aphrodite after the bloody wedding. At the moment of her manifestation, she also gains a rank-up in Strength and Endurance for a short time, the length of which depends on how many of her sisters were remaining when this ability activated. This Noble Phantasm can be difficult to unleash, since it requires unanimous consent among her sisters, and some of them may not allow it, whether through simple selfishness or through duress or swaying by an enemy.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; June 6th, 2014 at 01:45 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Class: Caster
    Identity: Nicolas Flamel, The Alchemist

Strength: E
    Endurance: D
    Agility: D
    Magic: A
    Luck: B

Skills:

Item Construction (A): Capable of making a variety of alchemical items and substances of the highest quality.

Alchemist (D-A): Is a master of the protoscience known as alchemy. This skill grants Caster knowledge pertinent to many scientific fields by proxy. These include but are not limited to chemistry, biology, metallurgy and psychology. The rank of this skill depends on how developed or widespread each of these fields are during the era in which Caster is summoned.

Golden Rule (C): Increases the likelihood of accumulating wealth. Caster gains this skill both due to his business acumen and as a side effect of his Noble Phantasm.

Noble Phantasm:

Magnum Opus~ The Philosopher's Stone (A):

This fist-sized, ruby colored stone is the pinnacle of alchemy. The stone secretes a quicksilver that enables its wielder to transmute base metals (such as iron or lead) into gold. This quicksilver can also vastly increase the power of any healing agent; the most powerful of these become Elixirs of Life, which grant limited immortality and can revive the recently deceased. The Stone acts as a large reservoir of mana that Caster can draw upon. The use of this energy allows Caster to seemingly ignore the alchemical Law of Equivalent Exchange. This "overcoming" of Equivalent Exchange grants the ability to perform magecraft related to the creation of the Stone itself, such as nigredo (decomposition), albedo (restoration), citirnitas (transmutation) and rubedo (success).
    Last edited by Funderfullness; March 11th, 2015 at 05:27 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    @Assassin: yeah, it is kind of Hundred-Faces Hassan. But it's original enough.

@Caster: mh, good enough.

Regarding Dorian Gray... it's to be expected, he's a fictional character. The only other similar instance is Frankenmoe, and well...

Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde is the Berserker in Fragments of Blue and Silver. Not sure how canon that's considered to be, though.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Oh yeah, that too. Well, until I actually read their characters, I reserve my judgement.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Class: Saber, Lancer, Assassin, Berserker
    True Name: Starkad, the Old Anti-Hero Viking
    Alignment: Neutral Good/Lawful Evil

STR: B MGI: C
    END: B LCK: D
    AGI: C NP: A

Background:_______________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________

Spoiler:
    The famous Norse hero who was both blessed and cursed by the gods.
    Starkad got his namesake from his grandfather, a descendant of the Frost Giants who inhabits Jötunheimr. Starkad’s grandfather was himself a strong giant with monstruous features, believed to be born with eight arms and brandishing four swords at once. However, the god Thor hated the race of the Jötunns and their descendants, so when a reason to strike arose, he killed the giant and cut off all the arms of the newborn.
    The young Starkad, now orphan, was then taken under the protection of Odin in disguise. When prince Vikar, the boy he grew up with at the court of king Harald, asked for his help in reclaiming his lost kingdom, he gladly accepted and together with their companions they successfully avenged king Harald. Serving under king Vikar he fought many more battles.
    Odin remained in disguise as he helped raise the younger Starkad. Once Starkad witnessed a gathering of the gods, twelve of them sitting in chairs with an empty chair in the gathering. Only then Odin joined the gathering and sat in the empty chair, revealing his true identity to Starkad. On that occasion Odin wanted to honor the bravery of the warrior Starkad, but Thor hated the hero because of his ancestor. Odin bestowed him the blessing of living three lifetimes, but Thor cursed him to never have children and to commit an evil deed every lifetime he lived.
    Odin then bestowed many more blessings upon Starkad, among them the blessing of possessing the most excellent of weapons and riches, success in battle, and great skill as a poet. Thor countered each positive gift with a negative consequence, so that Starkad would never enjoy his property, to live without an estate and always wandering from place to place, and never to remember his poetic compositions. Odin granted him the blessing of success in battle, but Thor declared that he would always receive dangerous wounds in every conflict. Finally Odin granted him to always be held in the highest esteem among the rich and powerful, while Thor declared that he would be hated by every commoner.
    Thus, as a result of the conflicting favor and disfavor bestowed on him by the two gods, Starkad lived to be very old, celebrated as a brave and strong warrior, surviving many battles against deadly wounds, but he also committed infamous deeds, including killing the king whom he had earlier served with much honor. After many years and battles, old and tired, and wishing for death in battle, he met his end at the hands of the son of a king he once treacherously killed. However the young man recognized him for the brave and strong warrior he was, and gave him a proper burial.

Class and Personal Skills:___________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____

Magic Resistance: B
    It grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects prana, this ability cancels the spells altogether. At this level, it cancels spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for him to be affected.

Eye of the Mind (True): B
    The heightened capacity for observation, refined through experience.
    At this level, the Servant is always capable of calm analysis of battle conditions even when in danger and deducing an appropriate course of action after considering all possibilities to escape from a predicament. So long there is even a 1% chance of a comeback, this ability greatly improves the chances of winning.
    A skill forged in more battles than a warrior could fight in three lifetimes, often at the suffering of incapacitating wounds.

Battle Continuation: A
    The strength of vitality for predicaments. Also, the ability to withdraw from combat and reach allied territory alive after being defeated. At this level, it’s possible to fight even with deadly injuries and can remain alive so long as one does not receive a decisive fatal wound.
    A natural byproduct of the two contrasting enchantments placed on him by Odin and Thor, making him a long-lived and powerful warrior in battle, but also to inevitably suffer severe wounds. And indeed as easily as it was for him to receive deep injuries in all the battles he was in, inversely it was hard to stop him when attacking.

Curse of Lightning: -
    The terrible curse inflicted on Starkad by Thor. Although it brings upon him a tragic fate, due to its contrasting nature with Odin’s blessing, it also clouds Starkad’s profile and exact attributes. It should be noted that Starkad himself had the habit of disguising himself as an harmless old man. However, to those who know about Starkad’s presence and existence, it proves to be a rather uneffective concealment. It is also unsealed by Starkad’s use of his Noble Phantasms.
    It takes the shape of a Lichtenberg figure spreading all across his body, and his always kept hidden under his clothes, do to it being quite revealing of his true identity.

Noble Phantasms:________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

Blood of Jötunn
    Cursed Eminent Atavism
    Starkad’s repressed ancestry, due to Thor’s spite. By hiding and repressing part of his bloodline he is able somehow to decrease the negative effects of the curse, however it also compromise his full fighting potential.
    When unleashed, he can achieve the full powers of being a descendant of Frost Giants, a type of Elementals born at the very origin of the world. All of his parameters (aside from Luck) are increased, and two more arms grow out of his body.

Starkad Saga
    Twofold Fated Life
    Strictly speaking, a pair of excellent swords, always carried by Starkad. A couple of arms, a holy and a cursed sword.
    In order to restrict the effects of Thor’s curse, Starkad split its fate into the two weapons, keeping the one that seals his terrible fate always concealed. Therefore he prefers to use its most illustrious sword which carries Odin’s favors.
    However, this also means that, while powerful in its own, his overall power is also halved, and to achieve his full potential he has to unfortunately unseal both.
    The holy sword has the property of increasing the chance of inflicting critical hits to the opponent. The cursed sword on the other hand, while representing the harbinger of Starkad’s misfortune, also has the property of always landing a critical hit that can’t be accomplished by wielding the holy sword.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________

A rather interesting figure from Norse mythology. Too bad in the end his profle didn't turn out as good as I initially expected to.

Man, Thor's kind of a dick. Interesting profile and one I haven't heard of before. I don't really see anything in there that would qualify him for Lancer or Assassin, though.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Lancer, because in the version collected in the Gesta Danorum, he uses a magically concealed spear to kill king Vikar, and Assassin because, Thor's curse means that he will treacherously kill three men. I know, I kinda omitted these parts from the background, but that's because I didn't want to make it too long... I thought that there's always wikipedia if someone wants to know about him more in depth.

Originally I was going to design his NPs for the other listed classes, but as it was becoming more and more similar to Lancelot, I decided it was best to post what I came up with, or it would have rested in my servant folder for forever (like other profiles I haven't touched in I don't remember how long).

Ah, Thor... well, don't get on a god's wrong side, that's nothing new. But I was surprised too, maybe it's because the role of the evil trickster is filled in by Loki, or because Marvel, but you don't think Thor could be such a dick.
    Last edited by Sherrinford; June 8th, 2014 at 01:33 PM.

Ah OK, that makes sense. I'd like to have been a fly on the wall during Odin's blessing and seeing his reaction when Thor kept interrupting him. You could cut that air with a knife, I bet.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Indeed, it was quite the crosstalk. (Actually I like to imagine Odin trying to be oblivious about it (Thos is his son after all), while actually being really tired of his shit.)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Class: Saber (also Lancer)
    True Name: Chrysaor, He With The Golden Sword.
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral

STR: A MGI: A
    END: B LCK: C
    AGI: C NP: A+

Keywords:_________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________

01. Higher Birth
    Chrysaor was the son of Poseidon and the Gorgon Medusa. According to the legend, he was born when the hero Perseus cut off Medusa’s head. He and his brother Pegasus sprang forth from the blood gushing out of their mother’s severed neck.
    This peculiar kind of births are typical of high-ranking divine spirits, and symbolize a “higher-level” of existence, detached from human experience. This particular miraculous birth seems to refer to another similar event, the birth of the goddess Athena herself, who was also born from her father Zeus’ head.

02. Golden Warrior
    According to the legend, not only Chrysaor was born in an unnatural way, but do to his peculiar birth, he also had the chance to bathe in the magical golden blood of Medusa, covering the newborn in a thick layer of her mother’s blood following her decapitation. It is said that right at the moment of his birth Chrysaor was wielding a golden sword and tried to avenge her mother by attacking Perseus. However the hero, having completed his mission, took Pegasus and flew away. Later on, Chrysaor would make his name famous across the mythological Greece as a strong and stout hearted warrior.

Class and Personal Skills:___________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

Magic Resistance: B
    It grants protection against magical effects. It’s important to note that the term "verse" seen below refers to a set of three lines. Thus, a chant of two verses is equivalent to a Six-Line incantation. At this level, it cancels spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for him to be affected.

Monstrous Strenght: C
    It’s an ability possessed by monsters and beasts which temporarily boosts the Strength parameter by one rank for a time limit determined by the ranking of this skill. The more Chrysaor is under the influence of this skill, the more he turns into a boar-tusked giant.
    A skill inherited mostly from his mother’s side. Furthermore it’s worth noticing that some of Poseidon’s sons were giants gifted with inhuman brute strength: Polyphemus, the Aloadae Otus and Ephialtes, Antaeus and Ogyges.

Miracle of Ichor: EX
    The magical, divine golden fluid that in Greek mythology is said to flow in the veins of immortals and gods. An ethereal blood said to possess in itself miraculous properties mirroring those of the gods themselves.
    The blood flowing in the veins of Medusa was regarded as one of the most toxic and lethal poisons to mortals, a true bane of mankind, for touching it could kill any person, but it was also powerful enough that when used by the divine Asclepius as a medicine, it was able to resurrect the very dead.
    In contact with the ground, it was said that just a few drops of Medusa’s blood had generated a whole species of Libyan vipers, whose venom was fatal to anyone, even if he or she happened to just graze thir skin against their fangs. The blood of Medusa also spawned the Amphisbaena, a horned dragon-like creature with a snake-headed tail).
    Due to his access to such a prodigious liquid mineral, Chrysaor is able to accomplish many different miracles, such as generating monstruous familiars or even regrowing lost limbs, curing every illness and bringing back recently dead bodies to life.

Warrior’s Mindset: B
    A particular psychological disposition to always be ready to fight, instinctively. He is always ready to strike with his full power at any moment, reacting in the blink of an eye. And in fact, rather than be born out of fighting experience, it’s more likely to be caused by his monstrous side, which make him wild, animalistic in his reflexes, and instinctively ready to react, whether by attacking or subconciously assessing the danger represented by a person even if his judgement is clouded.
    It is effectively the counterpart to the Disengage Skill.

Divinity: E
    This skill is the measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels one is treated as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a Monster, Demonic Beast raises.
    Although possessing a very low rank, nonetheless Chrysaor receive a certain fight bonus when fighting nearby large bodies of salt water, due to Poseidon’s status as the Lord of Sea, and Medusa being the daughter of two primordial sea gods, Ceto and Phorcys.

Noble Phantasms:________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

Pure Golden Sword
    Blood of the Slain Goddess
    The golden aor (a particular Greek sword) from which Chrysaor received his namesake.
    Strictly speaking, however, it’s the actual usage of the ethereal blood with which he was covered at birth. With the passing of time, this ichor fused with Chrysaor’s skin and circulatory system, assuming the shape and function of a huge, whole-body magic circuit of the utmost power; ichor in itself is an extremely conductive medium for prana, like no other substance.
    Chrysaor’s skin thus has the appearance of a perpetually fluid substance and texture, which its owner can shape in every form he can imagine, from wings to impenetrable scales, to any kind of weapon, which naturally also carry the deadly properties of ichor (although those who posseses high rank in Divinity can fight off the effects). Any wound his liquid skin comes in contact with is immediatedly healed, and even lost limbs can be regrown in an istant (however, damages to the spiritual core still prove to be fatal).
    Due to its overwhelming resources in producing different effects, Ichor can be in fact described as an all-purpose substance, similar to the wish-granting adaptation of the Third Magic used by a certain Magus family from Germany.

Dreadful Guardian Gorgoneion
    Simulacrum of the Slain Goddess
    A golden shield, with the image of Medusa as a bas-relief on the center.
    This Noble Phantasm is the crystalization of Medusa’s slaying at the hands of Perseus. According to the legend, later on the goddess Athena took the severed head, which still retained its petrifying powers, and put it onto her aegis, her personal shield, turning it into a protective, as well as offensive amulet of the utmost power. Furthermore it was said that with it, entire armies could be scared away by just showing them one strand of Medusa’s serpentine hair.
    Due to this circumstance of the legend, well-known among the Greeks, the image of Medusa’s cut off head found a widespread use as an apotropaic device, and was regarded as the ultimate protective amulet par excellence. Such talisman was thus called Gorgoneion.
    A crystalization of Chrysaor’s peculiar and unique circumstance of birth, which (indirectly) generated such a powerful device. When unleashed, almost no one can escape its power: those who possess Rank C or lower in Mana will be immediately petrified, while those with Rank B may or may not be affected depending of the conditions. Those with Rank A or higher won’t be petrified, but will sustain "pressure" from the mystic eyes of the simulacrum, and will receive a one rank-down to all parameters. It’s no exaggeration that with this Noble Phantasm, combined with his other fighting skills and resources, Chrysaor can become an almost invincible warrior, unparalled in both offensive and defensive power.
    As a side note, “gorgos” in Greek means “dreadful”, while “Medusa” translates to “guardian”. Thus it’s no surprise that it carries the power of absolute protection.

I must say I’m quite proud of this profile. Turning a most obscure character with no feats whatsoever into a viable servant wasn’t easy. But that’s where the fun is.
    Last edited by Sherrinford; June 9th, 2014 at 11:48 AM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Monstruous Strenght: C
    Monstrous Strength
    used by the divine Asclepius as a medicine, it was able to resurrect the very dead.
    Ascelpius
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Thanks. But it's Asclepius.