Page 542 of 782 FirstFirst ... 42442492532537540541542543544547552592642 ... LastLast
Results 10,821 to 10,840 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    So kudos, I actually like this more than the official profile.
    Demon Archer is mostly a joke profile (or at least, that's what it seems). Even so, I agree. Vagrant's is arguably better.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    So kudos, I actually like this more than the official profile.
    The official non-canon joke magazine profile?

I am shocked that someone could come up with something preferable to that in a serious context.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah Vangrant's a lot cooler. I like the Demon possessing thing. Makes sense and lore relations!

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    I like trying to tie in other aspects of Nasuverse lore. Sitting in my WIP folder are Servants who utilise the concepts of Dead Apostle,
    ESPer
    Abnormal Ability
    and
    Crimson Red Vermillion
    Inversion Impulse
    . And even though it's a condition of Modernity I'll probably work in an Agonist Disorder too for funsies.

If there are any other good methods for gaining abnormal power in the Nasuverse that are a bit esotoric I'll probably try to use that too.

One Dark Communion-powered Servant coming right up!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Crimson Red Vermilion is a Tohno specific term. Everywhere else it's called Ancestral Return. Inversion Impulse and Ancestral Return are kinda different as well.
    The name Crimson Red Vermilion is unique to the families ruled over by the Tohno household. Elsewhere, it is known as Ancestral Return.

Blog Entries
    Well, okay, I'll make sure to call it that instead then. I know that Inversion Impulse and Ancestral Return are not exactly the same, but they'll both be utilised in the same profile.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Crimson Red Vermilion is a Tohno specific term. Everywhere else it's called Ancestral Return. Inversion Impulse and Ancestral Return are kinda different as well.
    I prefer Demonic Atavism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    I prefer Demonic Atavism.

Blog Entries
    Eh, Ancestral Return sounds better in my head, and avoids the issues of YuYu familiarity, already indicated by Sherrinford.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Eh, Ancestral Return sounds better in my head, and avoids the issues of YuYu familiarity, already indicated by Sherrinford.
    YuYu familiarity is not an issue, though. It's a bonus.

Blog Entries
    I should rename the skill I have for powering up after healing damage
    Zenkai
    Full Release
    , if that's how we're playing the game.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    YuYu familiarity is not an issue, though. It's a bonus.
    This guy gets it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Banned
    Blog Entries
    In lieu of recent events, I have put Jesus Christ Dragonslayer on the top of my priority list.

repent ye pagan fucks

Last edited by Christemo; March 22nd, 2015 at 04:12 PM.

Blog Entries
    Man, trying to come up with a convincing NP for "gives away his sword but because it bursts into flames when a good person holds it the recipient always gives it back" is sort of hard.

I mean, I can't just have it burst into flames for everybody or else that ignores the "worthy weilder" thing. And if it doesn't burst into flame then why would a Heroic Servant even give it back?

Blog Entries
    I knew Chris would work on this.

Blog Entries
    Class: Saber
    True Name: Beowulf
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

STR: ***** A
    END: ***** B+
    AGI: ***** B
    MGI: ***** C
    LCK: ***** D
    NP: ***** A

Keywords
    KEYWORDS

Goths

Also called Geats. An ancient tribe of Germanic people originated from the region of Gothland, they were described as being bold and warmongering. According to old records, the Goths once had their own independent communities. But, for reasons still unknown, at some point of time they became subordinate to the Svear tribe and supported them in establishing the nation that is today known as Sweden.

Incidentally, despite the name, they have nothing to do with the Gothic subculture that is so popular in modern times.

Grendel

One of the three antagonists that appears in the epic poem Beowulf, a monster that made the marshlands his nest. His habit of acting only in the shroud of the night earned him the epithet of Sceadugenga (shadow walker).

Grendel was described as having human form, yet being of greater size than any man. The claws in his hands were like barbed steel, and his skin was covered in blade-like scales. That natural armor made him invulnerable to any weapon, and allowed him to slaughter even the bravest of warriors with impunity.

The exact nature of Grendel and his mother is subject of much debate in modern times. A popular assumption is that they were two among of the many cursed descendants of Cain, the first murderer. Meanwhile, another theory states that, given the geographical and historical background of the tale, it was more likely that they were trolls – a subspecies of giant native from Scandinavia.

CLASS SKILLS

Magic Resistance: A
    The capacity to negate or abate the effects of Magecraft. Cancels all Magecraft of A Rank (High-Thaumaturgy that makes use of magic circles and Instantaneous Contracts) and below. Therefore, he cannot be injured by modern magi. In case of a single stroke, he may even hold back the coercion of the Command Spell.

Riding: D
    The technical skill to mount on vehicles. It also displays its effects on mechanized vehicles. Can drive classical mounts and vehicles, but modern machines are beyond his capacities.

PERSONAL SKILLS

Bravery: A+
    The ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination. There is also an effect of increasing the melee damage inflicted on the enemy.

With the support of this Skill in its highest rank, in life Beowulf was capable of slaying many Magic Beasts with his bare hands.

Battle Continuation: A
    The ability of returning alive. Strength of vitality for predicaments. A Skill that decreases the death rate due to injury and makes possible to fight even in a condition of bearing serious wounds that would put him on the verge of death. Can survive so long a decisively fatal wound is not received.

The incredibly stubborn nature of a man who continued to fight even after receiving a dragon’s breath all over his body.

Charisma: C-
    The natural talent to command an army corps. Raises the abilities of one's own army on group battles. A rare talent. Leadership skills suitable for a great general that leads an entire military force.

…however, the effectiveness of this Skill is somewhat shady due to a few issues with his personality.

Weapons

Chainmail
    An iron shirt forged by linking together countless small metal rings in a mesh-like pattern. This particular article is a work of Völundr, the greatest blacksmith of Norse Mythology. Not only its defensive power against physical attack is high, but it also improves one’s magical protections.

NOBLE PHANTASM

Hrunting – The Hound of the Red Plains
    Type:
    Anti-Unit
    A jet-black sword possessing a branching designs that gives it a venomous appearance. According to legends, it is made out of the strongest iron, and is further tempered by being bathed in enemy blood during battle.

It continuously increases the hit accuracy and damage against a given target with every wound it successfully inflicts upon him. Just like a hunting dog that persistently pursues a prey once it learns the scent of its blood, this magic sword never allows the enemy to escape.

Originally a family heirloom belonging to the Danes warrior Unferth, it was given to Beowulf as an apology for a previous offense. Said to have never failed its user in battle, he intended to use it as a trump card in the final battle against Grendel’s mother. But it couldn’t fulfill that role in the end – for just like Grendel had a hard skin that warded off all blades, she too possessed a magical protection that made her invulnerable to any man-made weapon.

Naegling – The Fang of the War Wolf
    Type:
    Anti-Unit
    The treasure sword of Gothland, it came into Beowulf’s possession when he became the chieftain of the Goths. With a sharp, gleaming grey blade that can be taken for either a nail or the fang of a predator, this is a excellent blade that possesses a venerable history.

Normally, it simply performs as a strong magic sword. However, it reveals its true colors when employed as a Broken Phantasm. In this condition, not only the raw destructive power as a weapon will be increased, but it will also be temporarily endowed with a strong curse of retribution that inflicts additional damage values based on the damage that its user has received.

Furthermore, due to being related with anecdotes of dragon extermination, this is a weapon that possesses attributes as a “dragon slayer”.

Heorot – Banquet of Monsters
    Type: Anti-Unit (self)
    The anecdotes of the one-on-one duel between Beowulf and Grendel sublimated as a Noble Phantasm. Grendel was a monster of prodigious strength and invulnerable body that brought fear to brave Norse warriors. Knowing that his armor would not protect him and his weapons would not harm it, Beowulf stripped himself naked and faced the beast only with a human body. A hopeless situation for most men, but he nevertheless fought with Grendel as an equal.

Those who witnessed that duel later said this: “Grendel was truly like a demon. But Beowulf, who matched said Grendel, is also just as much of a monster.”

By invoking the true name, a bounded field will expand and surround Beowulf’s body. Once encased by this bounded field, his flesh will undergo a change due to a resonance phenomenon occurring between him and his opponent. This is not a simple transformation of the flesh, but conceptual metamorphosis that rewrites his very way of being, the laws that govern his existence. While in this state, Beowulf will receive a Rank UP on all parameters and be temporarily endowed with any special traits・unique abilities said to be characteristic of his opponent. This includes even Skills and Noble Phantasms that would be impossible for him to possess otherwise.

An ability falsely similar to a Reality Marble, this is Heroic Spirit Beowulf's strongest trump card which the use is reserved only to those he recognized as worthy opponents. However, its activation has the sealing of all armaments・Noble Phantasms other than this as an absolute requirement.

Background
    BACKGROUND

Beowulf. An epic poem detailing the adventures of the hero of same name. A work of unknown authorship written in the 8th Century, it is the oldest surviving tale of Anglo-Saxon tradition.

In the tale, the hero Beowulf is the son of Ecgtheow. A great warrior from the Wagmunding tribe of Scandinavia, Ecgtheow was banished from his homeland as punishment for a crime he committed. He then spent many years travelling, in a quest to regain his honor. At the end of said travel, Ecgtheow performed a great service to Hrethel, chieftain of the Goths, and was given the hand of his daughter as a reward. Beowulf was born from that union.

Fast-forward some odd years. Having been raised among the Goth, Beowulf became a great warrior like his father upon attaining adulthood. Around that time, he heard the stories about how the castle of Hrothgar, chieftain of the Danes tribe, was under attack by an invisible monster. In the past, Hrothgar had given asylum to Ecgtheow during his travels. So, in order to repay his father’s debts, Beowulf departed to the Danes’ aid.

Where all the Danes warriors failed, Beowulf was victorious. Not only he slayed Grendel, but also turned the tables on its mother when she appeared to avenge her son’s death. From that point on, his fame as a brave monster slayer spread to the four corners of the world.

Caliber of a King

At the end of his adventures among the Danes, Beowulf was rewarded with many riches by Hrothgar. Upon his return to Gothland, he gave away said riches for the sake of the tribe, which greatly improved his standing among the Goths. This would have unexpected repercussions later in his life.

A certain incident caused the Goths to go to war against the neighboring Scylfing tribe. The conflict extended for a long time and took the lives of many Goths, including the chieftain and most of his family. During a turbulent period when nobody was sure of who the next leader would be, the popularity that Beowulf had previously conquered eventually caused the people of Gothland to elect him as the new chieftain.

Unfortunately, they never stopped to think whatever he was truly the best candidate for the job.

Despite being an undeniably brave warrior, Beowulf was also a man with serious issues in regards to his personality. To put it bluntly, he was an arrogant individual who couldn't accept his own faults. In his childhood, after losing a swimming competition against a friend, he made up a convenient story about having to stop to defeat sea-monsters as an excuse for his defeat. When Unferth questioned his capacity at the court of Horthgar, Beowulf just barely contained himself from assaulting him.

So, by placing him on the throne, the people of Gothland put themselves at the mercy of Beowulf’s whims. Luckily, a long time passed without any major problems from outside befalling the Goths, for having to deal with his overbearing antics was already enough of a headache. Ultimately, Beowulf turned out to be a faulty leader that brought constant troubles to his homeland and was unable to conquer the hearts of his people.

This story culminates about 50 years after Beowulf was enthroned. Gothland was undergoing through a period of scarcity and the people were desperate in search for ways to get by. One of them was reckless enough to invade a dragon’s lair and steal some of the treasures hoarded inside. This incurred the creature’s wrath and invited it to spread destruction across Gothland.

Naturally, Beowulf formed a punitive party to exterminate the beast. However, upon meeting the dragon, most of the Goth soldiers fled away in fear leaving the hero to fight alone. Since he never went to the trouble of gaining their loyalty, they had no reason why risk their lives for him.

Having been abandoned to his own luck, it was inevitable that Beowulf would meet his end at that battle. Still, he made sure to at least take down the dragon together with him. Though he was not able to properly guide his people, he at least fulfilled the kingly duty of protecting them to the very end.

EDIT: made some changes on that last Noble Phantasm. I would appreciate any feedbacks on it.
    Last edited by Master of Chaos; March 23rd, 2015 at 03:38 PM.

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Here’s the King Solomon I made a while back. It’s wanked to all fuck but IDC he’s awesome and I mostly stuck to his legend.
    With the new revelations from Garden of Avalon, it will need some revision but only after it has been translated ETA 42,015

Entry
    Spoiler:

Name: King Solomon
    Class: Caster
    Master: Rin
    Alignment: CG
    Sex: Male
    Height: 214 cm
    Weight: 100 kg
    Armament: Ring of Solomon

Stats
    Spoiler:

STR: E
    END: E
    AGI: D
    MANA: EX
    LCK: A
    NP: EX

His Mana is EX because having 72 demons, a transcended species, requires astronomical amounts of prana.

Legend
    Spoiler:

The most powerful summoner of history and an accomplished formalcraft magus, capable of summoning the strongest beings known to man. He is from the age of the gods.
    If Solomon had been a master in a grail war he would have been able to force all servants to serve him regardless of command spells for that is his domain.

Class Abilities

Spoiler:

Territory Creation: A+
    It is possible to create a temple anywhere with ease.

Item Construction: -
    Solomon has no access to this skill.

Personal Skills
    Spoiler:

Formalcraft: B
    His formal craft is on such a level that along with him being from the age of the gods, it is analogous to regular magecraft of an average magus with rituals taking only a few moments. Solomns magic is neither true formal craft or normal magecraft.

Charisma: A

Okay now is where it gets really wanky. In my opinion 72 Demons is fine, but Glorious Realm is really, really, OP, the last one is First Temple which is like a weaker GoB, Solomon is a owner not a user or whatever but since he doesn't have any skill to weild them they are really weak when he tries to.

Noble Phantasms
    Spoiler:

72 Demons
    Type: Anti-Army
    Range:
    Maximum Targets:
    Similiar in effect to the army of the king. Solomon summons 72 demon. These demons receive prana from solomon and can remain as long as he has mana left. Each demon is extremely strong, far surpassing any soldier in the Army of the King.
    (since my fanwank has these demons as ex-gods, they’re like casko)

Glorious Realm
    Type: Anti-world, Anti-Divine, Barrier
    Range: Infinite or 1km
    On account of his modest request for wisdom only, Solomon was rewarded with an unprecedented glorious realm, which extended over the upper world inhabited by the angels and over the whole of the terrestrial globe with all its inhabitants, including all the beasts, fowl, and reptiles, as well as the demons and spirits. His control over the demons, spirits, and animals augmented his splendor, the demons bringing him precious stones, besides water from distant countries to irrigate his exotic plants. The beasts and fowl of their own accord entered the kitchen of Solomon's palace, so that they might be used as food for him.
    Solomon has no power over Heroic Spirits and Servants unless they have a rank in Divinity, Monster, or some phantasmal beast such as dragons in which case they are weakened in his presence. Servants with divinity can resist this, with more ease the higher their divinity, as the realm does not extend over god.
    When fully utilized Solomon has the power of the holy land, Avalon, Babel, and Eden. At a high cost of mana to activate, Solomon Gains access to the First Temple, a Noble Phantasm similar to the Gates of Babylon. The farther away Solomon is from the Holy Land the more mana he has to expend to reach it. At an even higher expenditure, twice that of usual, he can extend his realm even to places like Avalon and Babylon.If Solomon would to fully maximize Glorious Realm and 72 Demons, he would end up expending all of his mana, and the surrounding 1km area would appear as the rapture.

First Temple
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: -
    The home of the gifts to man since year 1 and all holy vessels of god.

Blog Entries
    Legend also states that Herk held the sky, and did all sorts of other things. Legend says Karna and Arjuna fought with millions of arrows at a time and special attacks that could obliterate Creation itself.

Servants don't match the full legends once the legends get too silly. You know Solomon is over wanked, you said so yourself, so I dunno why you wouldn't just fix it up?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    72 Demons can be easilly fixe by put restrictions on which demons can be summoned under what curcumstances. Like actual demon invocation.

1st temple is fine since must items in there are useless. And it requires activation of Glorious Realm to use.

What needs nerfing is Glorious Realm. Maybe take away any effect it has on servants.

Blog Entries
    Alignment Check: Pass. The sword is on fire and because you are a good person plz give it back k?
    Alignment Check: Fail. Oh, it's just a sword. Plz give it back, no keep even though u are bad k?