Page 638 of 782 FirstFirst ... 138538588628633636637638639640643648688738 ... LastLast
Results 12,741 to 12,760 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    who in GO has stats that don't make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    who in GO has stats that don't make sense.
    D rank strength & endurance Marie? Unless it mean she got fame boost in Orleans.
    And the enitrity of Scathach in my own personal opinion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    D rank strength & endurance Marie? Unless it mean she got fame boost in Orleans.
    Rider class container can explain that. Have you ever seen a Rider with a competent Master with E rank STR or END?

- - - Updated - - -

If there's a GO Servant with stats that don't make sense. It's D'Eon.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Dragoon --> Dragon = OP stats
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Ambiguously gendered but somehow still crossdressing 18th century French spies totally deserve physical stats on par with King Arthur what are you talking about.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Scathach murdered enough monsters and gods that she transcended humanity and became unable to die. If she doesn't at least have A rank stats across the board (except maybe NP), she's too weak.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Stronger Spirits get nerfed by squashing them into class containers. There's no reason Scathach would be different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Peanut-007's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    *Angry Saber Noises*
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Arha View Post
    Ambiguously gendered but somehow still crossdressing 18th century French spies totally deserve physical stats on par with King Arthur what are you talking about.
    The paradoxical existence of a "dicked" being who is also "nondicked" puts them into constant change. That change releases energy in the form of increased strength and speed.
    Prana Burst (Confusion)

"We have entered an infinite recursion of Saber."

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    Right, fixed all of that.
    Hi there! Sorry to bother you, but can I just ask for one correction and one addition, if it's not too much trouble? The first Caster's name is Smid Thvarasson, not ThARvarDsson; and could you please change Harek's name to King Harek?
    Thanks! :-)

To be honest, I always a bit random for deciding stats, especially the LCK stats. And many character in GO had stats that doesn't make any sense, so I thought I can tweak him a bit.
    Hah! Alright, fair enough. :-)

Can you be more specific? What do you mean by wonky? I just trying to emulate GO profile.
    Ah, it's just that you changed the font, and I didn't know how to change it back for my own text because I don't know what's the forum's standard font, and I only just found the "Remove Format" button. :-P

To be fair, the only source I had, which is the internet and a book called "101 epic myth" which didn't mention the golden buckler. I would be happy if you gave me a link or a few reads about it thought.
    Sure! Here's Thomas Bulfinch's "Legends of Charlemagne": http://www.bartleby.com/183/.
    And here's the specific chapter: http://www.bartleby.com/183/8.html. Relevant quotes: " '[...]but know that he possesses also a buckler whence flashes a light so brilliant that the eyes of all who look upon it are blinded.' "; and "The enchanter now prepares to employ his sole weapon, by uncovering the magic buckler which never failed to subdue an enemy by depriving him of his senses."

And if you prefer, here's Ludovico Ariosto's "Orlando Furioso": http://sacred-texts.com/neu/orl/index.htm.
    And here's the specific chapter: http://sacred-texts.com/neu/orl/orl04.htm. Relevant quote: "He bares the shield, secure to blind his foe, / And by the magic light, astonished, throw."

In this case the EX doesn't indicate quality of the territory. It's indicate speed, since in his legend he able to hold captive Ruggiero in 3 different castle in relatively short time, so I decided to wank it a bit.
    The quality of the territory he create only reach A Rank, but again the speed itself worthy of EX Rank.
    Then I'd suggest changing it to A+, with the "+" accounting for the higher speed.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Hi there! Sorry to bother you, but can I just ask for one correction and one addition, if it's not too much trouble? The first Caster's name is Smid Thvarasson, not ThARvarDsson; and could you please change Harek's name to King Harek?

Hah! Alright, fair enough. :-)

Ah, it's just that you changed the font, and I didn't know how to change it back for my own text because I don't know what's the forum's standard font, and I only just found the "Remove Format" button. :-P

Sure! Here's Thomas Bulfinch's "Legends of Charlemagne": http://www.bartleby.com/183/.
    And here's the specific chapter: http://www.bartleby.com/183/8.html. Relevant quotes: " '[...]but know that he possesses also a buckler whence flashes a light so brilliant that the eyes of all who look upon it are blinded.' "; and "The enchanter now prepares to employ his sole weapon, by uncovering the magic buckler which never failed to subdue an enemy by depriving him of his senses."

And if you prefer, here's Ludovico Ariosto's "Orlando Furioso": http://sacred-texts.com/neu/orl/index.htm.
    And here's the specific chapter: http://sacred-texts.com/neu/orl/orl04.htm. Relevant quote: "He bares the shield, secure to blind his foe, / And by the magic light, astonished, throw."

Then I'd suggest changing it to A+, with the "+" accounting for the higher speed.
    Thanks, will add it later. But I will need some times for my brain to be creative again, haha.

Blog Entries
    I remembered I was meant to be updating the OP.

Wow edits take a long time to commit on a post that size. I'm doing it section by section so I don't lose to much if it overflows, and it's a solid 30+ seconds for it to take each time.

E: Done.
    E2: Wait, the very last update might have gone over. Really? Uuuugh.
    E3: There we go! Many thanks, NMR!
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Seika! Sorry to give you more trouble, but could you please add the corrections I requested? Pleeeease? :-D

thank you Seika and NMR

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I remembered I was meant to be updating the OP.

Wow edits take a long time to commit on a post that size. I'm doing it section by section so I don't lose to much if it overflows, and it's a solid 30+ seconds for it to take each time.

E: Done.
    E2: Wait, the very last update might have gone over. Really? Uuuugh.
    E3: There we go! Many thanks, NMR!
    Imagine when I have to update all 80+ posts in my profiles or the rec index. It's ridiculous just how much it takes for the post to finish.

Blog Entries
    Caster
    The Queen of the Night

Appearance

Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Place of birth: Unknown
    STR: E
    END: E
    AGI: D
    MAG: A+
    LUCK: C
    NP: A

Class Skills

Item Construction (C): The ability to manufacture magical items. What might be termed a standard rank in this skill, this is sufficient to produce a number of magical items to aid in spellcasting.

Territory Creation (A+): The skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus. Creation of a temple, superior to a workshop, becomes possible. Caster’s rank in this skill is boosted further by her Noble Phantasm: she is able to activate it without the incantation in her Temple.

Personal Skills

Compulsion (B):
    The ability to bind others to one’s will with magecraft and mundane persuasion. A number of methods can be used to force others to do one’s bidding, such as hypnosis or by bribing them with something they truly desire. Essentially, it is a brainwashing technique. Though powerful, Caster’s compulsions will weaken when forcing someone to do something that it against their nature, and a strong emotional response can break them entirely.

Cloak of Darkness (A+): A skill possessed by Heroic Spirits with powers or legends tied to the night: so long as the sun lies below the horizon, their parameters are higher than normal. However, as a balance, exposure to sunlight lowers their parameters below normal levels. Essentially, their power will always be greater or lower than normal. As the Queen of the Night, Caster’s rank in this skill is the highest possible, and her parameters will be two full levels higher at night and two levels lower in the day. As the lowering of her distinctly average stats is essentially an invitation to kill her, keeping this skill secret and avoiding daytime conflicts are almost certainly her and her Master’s top priorities.

Voice of Command (D):
    An ability that denotes a voice of strength and power. Caster’s voice itself is a weapon, capable of launching sonic assaults with a single scream. Comparable to the dragon’s roar possessed by the Blood Countess, but weaker in scope and power. Still, the sheer volume of the attack is enough to give pause.

Noble Phantasms

Der Hölle Rache – Bloody Knife of Vengeance (Anti-Unit, C):
    An ornate dagger patterned with black roses. Despite its elegant appearance, the true Phantasm occurs when the knife is given to someone, causing a spell to activate that forces the recipient of the dagger to use it to murder a third party. As the third party can be anyone, it essentially allows Caster to create her own makeshift Assassins, sending individuals who would otherwise not register as threats after the other Masters in the war. As the true Noble Phantasm is a spell rather than a dagger, Caster can easily create replacements if the original knife is lost.

Königin der Nacht – Primordial Night of Endless Darkness (Anti-Army, A): The embodiment of the majesty and authority of the Queen of the Night, tapping into the legends of the primordial darkness that exist all over the world; a night which shall never end. Calling the Queen’s world into existence, it is a Reality Marble. The world within in consumed in darkness, there is no light other than the pale stars, but what little they cast is only enough to determine the difference between the sky and the ground. The darkness would be debilitating enough, but the true power of this ability is the hideous shapeless creatures that dwell within, ancient beings that could be called the very embodiment of nightmares, silently hunting those trapped within the world, and filling it with a sense of terror and despair. It goes without saying that as dwellers of the eternal night, any light at all will cause them pain beyond belief.

Lore
    The Queen of the Night is a sorceress made famous in the opera The Magic Flute wherein she serves as the main villain. The ruler of the night, she is a vain and vengeful witch who raised her own daughter to serve as an assassin for her purposes in eliminating her rival. Her wish is to cover the world in her Reality Marble.

- - - Updated - - -

Another opera Servant. I just like opera, OK?
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

Blog Entries
    Seika! Sorry to give you more trouble, but could you please add the corrections I requested? Pleeeease? :-D
    Done.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Another opera Servant. I just like opera, OK?
    Who doesn't? Don Giovanni should make an interesting Saber (hint, hint). :-P
    Very cool Servant!

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Done.

Blog Entries
    Who doesn't? Don Giovanni should make an interesting Saber (hint, hint). :-P
    I’m aware of that.

Hah! Awesome. :-D

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Motto of the court
    REGNA FIRMAT PIETAS

Class: Rider
    True Name: Christian IV
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Place of Origin: Denmark
    Original Lifetime: 1577-1648

STR: D AGI: B

END: C MGI: B

LCK: A+ NP: EX

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: B+

Even when targeted by High-Thaumaturgy or Rituals, it is difficult for him to be affected. Famous as a notorious witch-hunter, Rider combated much magic throughout his life.

Riding: A

All mundane mounts can be ridden with high levels of skill. Phantasmal Species cannot be ridden, however.

Personal Skills:

Charisma: B

The ability to lead. At this rank, it is suitable for the indisputable rule of a nation. Far and away the most famous, long-ruling and influential Danish monarch, Rider held the love of his people even after his notoriously bad military streak.

Grace of God: C

A supreme body with great looks, this skill denotes the beauty of the upper classes of traditional societies. Beautiful and dignified in his appearance, Rider had a great many suitresses, even during his marriages.

Eye For Art: A+

Infatuation with works of art. If a Heroic Spirit or Noble Phantasm matches any anecdote or piece of art of it, Rider will almost certainly be able to identify it. Famously remembered as a cultural king who hired artists and musicians from all across Europe to decorate and play for his court, Rider was one of the greatest patrons of art in the Renaissance.

Innovation - Artisan King: A+

A special skill for heroes that brought about a revolution in his era. Responsible for redesigning Copenhagen almost completely and leaving behind perhaps the most beautiful city of Europe filled with architectural achievements, Rider can be called a true “cultural hero”. When defending an architectural masterpiece, as defined by Rider himself, all stats increase and defensive power skyrockets.

Noble Phantasms:

Gud Bevare Danmark
    Sankt Anna Rotunda: EX

Fortress

The masterpiece that never was, what was to be the crowning achievement of the Danish people and Christian IV. Among all his works, Rosenborg, Rundetårn, Børsen and the Trinitatis Church, none are valued as greatly by his heart as Sankt Anna Rotunda, a match for the St. Peter’s Church that was demolished halfway through its building process by Frederik III after Christian’s death.

Sublimated as a Noble Phantasm representing Denmark and God’s glory, when activated it summons the completed building as if it was placed upon this earth by God’s gentle hands. Radiating the holy light of God, all non-Protestant enemies of Rider who are not infamous for defying divinity take 3 Rank Downs to all parameters as long as they are within an 8 kilometer radius of it. If one solemnly surrenders to Rider, cross their heart, the effect will dissipate, but should they attempt to break this fealty, they will quite literally have their vitals impaled by rose-covered crosses manifesting from inside their heart.

On the other hand, all allies of Rider who attend a Mass or pray in the church feel themselves invigorated by the power of God, increasing all parameters by 1 rank and redeeming them of their sins.

Lad Gud Være Mit Vidne
    Rens Ribe Med Flammer: B

Anti-Unit

The Noble Phantasm built upon the witch trials of Maren and Anna Thomasdatter Splids, two sister witches from the Ribe region of Jutland. Accused by one Didrik of causing him great sickness by appearing by his bedside and breathing into his mouth to drive him out of the tailoring business so that their own father might have more success, they were ordered to appear before the court. Trialed by the Supreme Court, they were burned at the stake, unable to prove the innocence they didn’t have.

A passive Noble Phantasm, it exudes the fiery heat of this trial upon any hostile in sight. The more magical abilities the opponent displays to Christian, the more they feel the deadly heat of being burned at the stake, physically bursting into flames if Christian is convinced of their status as a sorcerer affronting the name of God with their existence. Only the genuine conversion to Christianity and true repentance in a church can cure one of this effect.

Personality
    A genuine, stalwart knight, one of the last remnants of true chivalry in North Europe. Beaming with charm and piety, he is greatly comfortable with the modern world despite its godlessness.
    Personality

Though he is a man of God, he had several wives throughout his life and has an infamous virility that resulted in a total of 47 children, though several died young. Having surrounded himself with love, music and art for his entire life, he was an agile and highly skilled dancer who would at first be confused by, then get earnestly into modern art, music and dance.

His wish would be to reinstate the monarchy in Denmark. The indecisiveness and bureaucracy of democracy is too ineffective according to Christian, and as rightful king, he desires to earnestly improve the country and turn Copenhagen into a beautiful wonder of architecture, moreso than it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo Grammaticus’ entry on Absalon
    With his Bishop’s staff the warrior stands between king and church
    With the WORD as his lance, no-one stands as strong as Absalon
    With halberd and a horse armored in blue the bishop shines
    On the bloody road, no Dane as great a victor can be.

Class: Lancer
    True Name: Axel Hvide, or Archbishop Absalon
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: Denmark
    Original Lifetime: 1128-1201

STR: C AGI: B
    END: B MGI: C
    LCK: B NP: B

Class Skill:
    Magic Resistance: B
    Even when targeted by High-thaumaturgy or Rituals, it is hard for him to be affected. Combating the vast heresy of the Wends in his defense of Denmark a Christian nation, Lancer is used to battling magics.

Personal Skills:
    Protection of the Faith: A

A Skill possessed only by those who have sacrificed themselves for a religious view. Despite being a form of divine protection, it is not a blessing from a higher existence. It is only the absoluteness of one's body and soul, which is born from faith. Fighting both physically, spiritually and bureaucratically to defend Denmark from the Wends, Lancer’s spirit never wavered until the day he was entombed in the city he built with love and effort.

Rune Magic:
    B

Ancient magic carved into stones in the distant past by the Giants, the Futhark runes. Lancer was the last famous user of this from Denmark, though it remained in his family, the Hvide clan, until the modern day. Though it may seem contrary for a Bishop to use pagan magic, Lancer explicitly used it out of duty to his family and the irony of showing pagans that they would only be destroyed by their own beliefs by clinging to them.

Baptism Rite: A

Magecraft employed by the Church to combat spiritual entities and enemies of the church. By channeling the power of his crozier, even Servants can be affected, though it is hardly very effective unless they contain traits such as Evil, relation to undeath, being notoriously sinful or connection to pagan magecraft.
    God Slayer: C

Conveys increased attacking power when facing Servants with Divinity. As depicted in the art of Laurids Tuxen, Lancer slew the Slavic war god Sventovit in 1169 at the peak of his military exploits against the Wends, crippling their pagan shamans and demoralizing them utterly.

Noble Phantasm:

Spire of Fjenneslev
    Solo Dei Gloria: B

Anti-Unit

A weapon forged from a wooden statue of Sventovit in Jaromarsburg, reshaped into an enormous spear with two prongs. After slaying the god it represented, Absalon took this weapon as a last great humiliation towards the Wends, and made it his crozier, not hiding behind the excuse most bishops use by wielding non-bladed weapons. It has backwards prongs to pull in stray sheep, a tip to goad them, and a rod as support. Hence, a crozier.

Coated in the blood of Slavic Gods, it deals heightened damage to those of Slavic origin. Because of the interpretation that Sventovit is a false god, a corrupted vision of St. Vitus, the spear indulges in powers representing the young saint. Thus, it protects against all but the greatest of lightning attacks, pacifies animals and Monstrous Beasts that look upon it and finally, can call upon a miracle to instantly be brought elsewhere, as if by teleportation.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; January 15th, 2016 at 05:53 PM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.