Page 726 of 782 FirstFirst ... 226626676716721724725726727728731736776 ... LastLast
Results 14,501 to 14,520 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Loving Herostratus, except for one thing.

Him having a variable Mad Enhancement rank depending on proximity to fire seems a little self-defeating. Wouldn't being turned into a mindless beast defeat the purpose of the ego trip that is Herostratus? Or is he one of those rare cases like Asterios and Hyde (FGO) where he is intelligent and articulate even with high Mad Enhancement?
    Last edited by Constructman; May 17th, 2016 at 11:39 PM.

Maybe He's Born With It, Maybe It's Maybelline Erlking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Constructman View Post
    Loving Herostratus, except for one thing.

Him having a variable Mad Enhancement rank depending on proximity to fire seems a little self-defeating. Wouldn't being turned into a mindless beast defeat the purpose of the ego trip that is Herostratus? Or is he one of those rare cases like Asterios and Hyde (FGO) where he is intelligent and articulate even with high Mad Enhancement?
    Given that he's apparently based on Burnscar, self defeating is a good term for it. Burnscar's powerset was that she had a lot fire powers, teleporting, starting them, and so on, but the more she was around fire the more insane she got and the more she wanted to spread the fire. It seems to fit Berserker Herostratus decently, where he get's more into his fire and his ego the more fire there is until all he can focus on at all is lighting more things on fire to spread his name even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Erlking View Post
    Given that he's apparently based on Burnscar, self defeating is a good term for it. Burnscar's powerset was that she had a lot fire powers, teleporting, starting them, and so on, but the more she was around fire the more insane she got and the more she wanted to spread the fire. It seems to fit Berserker Herostratus decently, where he get's more into his fire and his ego the more fire there is until all he can focus on at all is lighting more things on fire to spread his name even more.
    Yeah, that's what I was going for. Turns out pyromania combined with an obsessive need for attention is unhealthy. Who knew?
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    So, since Jeanne is taking a long time and Beast (False) still has a lot of kinks, I'm posting this guy first.
    Hm, I think it's a stretch to interpret "King Harald then was in a rage" as a full-blown berserker rage, but I'll accept the premise. Let's see:

- Stats seem fine, although I might suggest lowering Agility to C.
    - Skills: I don't think Expert of Many Specializations is needed, although I could see him having Riding as a personal Skill. I don't really agree with Sadistic Constitution or Harp of Healing, either; neither really fits him. I might suggest increasing his Mad Enhancement to EX, however; that way, he's still going to be mostly sane (and capable of employing tactics), but it would also reflect several moments of his saga, such as how he never understood that no matter how many times he raided Denmark, he simply lacked the political acumen to make the Danes want to accept him as their king.
    - Varangian Guard: Nice! Very creative. I might actually suggest increasing its Rank to B, though, and also removing the references to "espionage" and "assassination" from the Anti-Army effect.
    - Berserkergang: I don't recall this sword from his saga. Where did you find mentions of it?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servant Archer:

True Name: Riina

Alignment
    : Neutral Good

Strength- C
    Agility- B
    Endurance- C+
    Mana- C
    Luck- A
    NP- B

Appearance:

History:
    From Rejected Princesses
    Once upon a time in the Solomon Islands, two women were having a Very Bad Day. How bad, you ask? Well, they’d been kidnapped by two ghosts. These weren’t the dude-in-sheet ghosts you might think, no — these were gosile, hungry monsters who wanted to eat raw human flesh 24/7. They’d swooped down from the sky and kidnapped the two women, taking them back to their far-away island.

Now, to be fair, the gosile tried being good hosts! When the women cried out, “please don’t eat us!” they obeyed, and didn’t eat them even a little. Not one bit! Instead, theg osile were quite neighborly, teaching their captives how to fly and bringing them plenty of food! However, the food was human sushi and the method of flying involved cutting off their feet and draining out blood from their legs. These were significant contributors to their Very Bad Day.

Subsequent efforts by the hard-working gosile just made matters worse. When the captive women pointed out that they didn’t like to eat dead humans – no, not even the brains, and yes, they knew that was the best part – the gosile went out of their way to procure and even cook fish for the picky footless women. Why, the thoughtful gosile even, on one trip, brought back the rotting corpses of two of their captives’ close relatives. And yet, this just made the captives cry and cry! What’s a hard-working undead kidnapper to do?

Many tried to rescue the women. Their husbands put forth an enormous reward of coconuts, porpoise teeth, pig tusks, and strings of shells (what else could one ask for?). Hundreds of canoes set off to rescue the women, but none returned. Witnessing the many failed rescues prompted the women to cry out, “is there no man to save us from these monsters?!”

There wasn’t.

But there was a woman.

The story of the kidnapped women (and the attendant reward for their return) had spread widely, eventually reaching the ear of Riina, leader of the warrior women on the island of Lumalao. She met with the two reward-offering husbands and offered to kill the gosile, but was met with derisive laughter. This pissed her right the fuck off.
    Stomping her feet, she proclaimed, “these are just gosile – and male gosile at that! I am stronger, and I will break their jaws!

And so she and several of her warrior women loaded up a canoe and set out for the gosile island. As they got near, they heard the tell-tale sound of approaching gosile whooooeeeiiiii, sounded the wind as it blew through their long hair — and Riina told her compatriots to duck down and hide. Standing tall, she faced the oncoming gosile. Seeing a single woman with no backup, the gosile brandished his red stone axe and dove straight at her!

This was a mistake.

Riina grabbed the motherfucker by his hair, slammed him down on the boat, and jammed her knee into his back. As the other women started tying him up, Riina interrogated him, shouting “where do you get your power?!” Stammering, the gosile answered, “from betel, lime, and my axe!”

Now, in Melanesian culture, it’s taboo for women to step over sacred or magical items. It’s a big no-no. As everyone knows, something about a lady’s feet robs items of their magic powers. Walking over them deliberately is downright un-neighborly.

Thus did Riina come to do a little jig over the gosile‘s personal effects. Deliberately, and with great glee. And thus did his magical weaponry become so much detritus.

The canoe landed on the gosile‘sisland, and the warrior women entered the cave where the women were held hostage. This cave, while likely well-furnished according to gosile specifications, left much to be desired for the average Melanesian. There’s no way around it: the walls were lined with rotting skulls. No matter how nice the color scheme or how fetching the rug, it would prove hard to draw attention away from the preponderance of ghastly murder evidence.

It is at this point that the second gosile ambushed Riina, attacking her from behind! However, she proved too quick for him, swiftly producing her special weapon — a boomerang — and hitting him with it so hard that he died. Yes, she hit a ghost so hard with a throwing stick it died. That is how strong Riina was.

With the gosile dead, Riina freed the two women, kicked over the rows of skulls, and paddled back to get her reward. They were met by happy husbands and thanked by way of a fancy meal, one mercifully free of human sushi.

There are many other stories of Riina and her band of warrior women, but perhaps they are best saved for another time.

Personality: Brave and ferocious. Archer is confident in her abilities and assured that she can defeat any opponent, particularly if they are male. Upon facing other Heroic Spirits she will first show surprise at their power, before expressing joy at the chance to prove herself against such a strong enemy. Her cool demeanour and heroic disposition are apt to charm any woman she encounters, though she remains firmly oblivious to such matters.

Dislikes: being underestimated, when the dead burden the living
    Talent: rescuing damsels in distress
    Natural Enemy: evil spirits

Class Skills:

Independant Action (A)- At this rank, one can remain in the world indefinitely without active contract, though the support of a Master is still needed when expending large amounts of magical energy. Archer was fiercely independant, travelling to a distant island to defeat the gosile and rescue the captured women.

Magic Resistance (C+)- Cancels spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot cope with the likes of High Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals. Effectiveness is doubled regarding spells from her own region, such as African Obeah.

Personal Skills:

Instinct (C)- At this rank, resembles a formidable sixth sense. It reduces by a fourth any obstacles to vision and hearing.

Bravery (A)- The ability to cancel mental interference such as pressure, confusion and mesmerization through sheer fortitude of will. At this rank, melee damage is also boosted. Whether it be journying to far-off islands or facing terrifying ghouls, Archer handles all matters with the valor befitting of a warrior-woman.

Charisma (D)- Ability to inspire others and lead armies. At this rank, one can lead only a small group of devoted individuals. Archer was chief of a local, fierce tribe of warrior women on the small isle of Lumalao.

Noble Phantasms:

Gosile Bane- Wicked Spirits, Vanquished (C+, Anti-Spirit): Archer's boomerang, which she used to destroy the wicked gosile at the culmination of her adventure. A large, finely crafted wooden boomerang with red tribal carving along the length. Its legend has been exaggerated from simply a very good boomerang into a conceptual tool that always returns to Archer once thrown, come Hell or high water. Even if it has to change its trajectory in ways that defy physics or cross immeasurable distances, the loyal boomerang will always, always return to its wielder. Said boomerang also possesses a potent Anti-Spirit attribute. When it comes into contact with any Evil-aligned spirits, it will burn at their very essence, having a high chance of dispelling them from the mortal world outright. An effect comparable to the Exorcism Rites practiced by the Holy Church.

Though not a bow, as a projectile weapon it is the reason Riina qualifies for the Archer Class of Heroic Spirits.

Obeah Trample
    - Radiance, Quashed Underfoot (B, Anti-Mystery): In Melanasian culture, it was held that sacred or magical items would lose their power if stepped over by a woman. It goes without saying that such acts were utmost taboo. Archer used this to her advantage during her confrontation with the gosile Otabulau that attacked her canoe. After restraining it with rope, she demanded that he tell her the source of his mystical powers. Frightened, the ghoul stammered out a reply-

'Betel, lime and my red stone axe!'

As he spoke those words, those very objects fell from his body to the bottom of the canoe. With great satisfaction, Archer slowly and methodically stepped right over these sacred objects, which became but lowly detritus beneath her womanly heels.

As a Noble Phantasm, it is embodied through Archer's feet. It is an 'faith-plundering' Noble Phantasm that activates whenever Archer's feet touch an object endowed with Mystery, such as a Mystic Code, Conceptual Weapon or Noble Phantasm. When this happens, her 'feminine essence' will sap the power of said object. Artifacts of rank C or below will be instantly brought to the level of mundane trinkets, while higher-ranked ones will have their rank lower gradually for each touch before being sealed altogether. When 'sealed', the object still exists but is utterly deprived of any Mystery it possessed, no more then a mundane object. This effect is not permanent, wearing off after about half an hour.

To best utilize its effects, Archer's main strategy is to try and kick her opponent's weapons, as counter-productive as that would normally seem.

By invoking its True Name upon stamping her heels mightily against the ground, Archer projects a magical shockwave carrying the concept of 'trampled underfoot' to a wider radius of about half a football stadium in all directions. All magical artifacts in said range are lowered by two whole rankings, and sealed otherwise. This is the most powerful application of Obeah Trample, though after invoking it, Archer is unable to use this Noble Phantasm at all for two days time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First time using a Servant idea from Rejected Princesses. Also my second ever African hero, with the first being Squanto. Had trouble coming up with names for her NPs, given that I can't find any references for what language the Solomon Island natives would have spoken. I ended up just going with whatever words I knew and combining them with English. As always, be sure to drop by with comments and criticisms!

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Boomerangs are cool, I like boomerangs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Boomerangs are cool, I like boomerangs.
    Yeah, you don't see many Heroic Spirits around wielding boomerangs, do you?

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Yeah, you don't see many Heroic Spirits around wielding boomerangs, do you?
    I mean, it's probably because boomerangs kinda suck and most everyone invented bows sooner or later, but in a world full of ancient superheroes there's gotta be some boomerang throwers.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rama's Brahmastra is kind of like a boomerang...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Rama's Brahmastra is kind of like a boomerang...
    say that to his face, buster.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Class: Caster
    True Name: Zhang Jiao
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Place of Origin: China

Strength- D
    Endurance- D
    Agility- C
    Mana- A
    Luck- C
    NP- B+

Height/Weight: 183cm/73kg
    Dislikes: Hijacked Causes
    Talent: Peace through Violence
    Natural Enemy: Cao Cao

Class Skills:
    • Territory Creation (C) - Because it seems his personality is not suited for it, Zhang Jiao has difficulty constructing even a Workshop.
    • Item Construction (B) - Zhang Jiao is capable of creating powerful Mystic Codes of all kinds that surpass those created with modern Magecraft.

Personal Skills:
    • Charisma (C-) - The natural talent to command an army. Most effective in acts of rebellion.
    • Elemental (A) - Represents one skill with Elemental Magic. He is an 'Average One' adept at all five elements.
    • Revelation (B) - A Skill equivalent to Instinct, a sixth sense regarding battles; however, "Revelation" accommodates all matters related to the achievement of a goal. Because there is no basis to it, it cannot be explained to others clearly. Zhang Jiao states that this skill allows him to "hear the voice of heaven".

Noble Phantasm

The Way of Peace Song of Storms (Support) (B+) - Zhang Jiao possesses a powerful mystic code 'The Way of Peace'. It amplified his pre-existing elemental magecraft to be able to manipulate the weather instantaneously, bypassing the need for words or time for casting. From generating lightning, manipulating wind currents, and even the tides of the sea - able to easily wipe out armies. Zhang Jiao can also bring otherwise unlikely elements of the weather to rain down on enemies. Should it be destroyed he will retain his ability but his power will be reduced as will his mana capacity, his power will be greatly weakened to that of a regular magus of his time.

Lore

Leader of the Cult of Yellow Turbans during the late Eastern Han dynasty. He was said to be a follower of Taoism and a sorcerer.
    Zhang Jiao was a talented scholar who became appointed with a court position. Dismayed with his wasted talent, a mystic visited him and gives him a mystic code called The Way of Peace. Zhang Jiao reads its contents and mastered its sorcery within a short time. Unsatisfied with the despot ruler, he began a rebellion to create his own paradise.

Calling himself the "Great Teacher", he dubs his followers his "children" and works with his brothers to spread their teachings. He became the leader of the infamous Yellow Turbans, the army fighting for a religious sect known as the Way of Peace, fighting on the front lines of the battlefield.
    The Yellow Turbans conquered much in the early years of the rebellion, but later could not hold out against Han generals Liu Bei,Dong Zhuo and Sun Jian. Although the Yellow Turbans still remained capable even in face of their more powerful foe, they were nonetheless torn apart upon the death of their leader, Zhang Jue, and were eventually defeated and dispersed.

Although he wishes to create paradise by removing the corrupt government of the time, he is aware there are those who are joining him just to cause chaos which he is less than pleased with. Zhang is a magus with a rather ridiculous manner of speech. He is known to frequently mention the word "Heaven" during his over the top speeches. He seeks to remove the Han leadership he views as corrupt and abusive of their positions, who heavily tax and abuse the peasants they have been charged with serving. He can appear as quite manic who takes a paternal attitude toward his followers. His eccentric manner often irritates others, and his belief that he is the vassal of the Gods makes him look down on those opposing him.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; June 10th, 2016 at 12:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    Hermes: A simpler then usual sheet from you, but well-done. Way Of Peace NP is cool, if a little ironically named (but then again, that fits his 'peace through violence' motif). Nice to see another Romance Of Three Kingdoms hero showing up here. I like the flavor you gave on his personality and 'ridiculous manner of speech'.

Out of curiosity, what did you think of the Riina sheet I put up several pages above? I was hoping for a little more feedback on it then 'I like boomerangs' (no offense to Mewarmo).

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    THE HEAVENS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Hermes: A simpler then usual sheet from you, but well-done. Way Of Peace NP is cool, if a little ironically named (but then again, that fits his 'peace through violence' motif). Nice to see another Romance Of Three Kingdoms hero showing up here. I like the flavor you gave on his personality and 'ridiculous manner of speech'.

Out of curiosity, what did you think of the Riina sheet I put up several pages above? I was hoping for a little more feedback on it then 'I like boomerangs' (no offense to Mewarmo).
    Yeah, there are so many people in Romance of Three Kingdoms who are eligible to be heroic spirits, i'm gonna have a field day here. I even have Diaochan coming up next.

As for Riina, it's always nice to see an African servant as there are so few here (and I've only done one thus far). Anti-Spirit was a nice classification to see for Gosile Bane as well as the Anti-Mystery which acts as a balanced version of Edison's W.F.D so good job there, they add a ton of flavor. The only critique I have is that she could maybe, maybe, use an original skill, just to spice her up even more.

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    So for Zhang Jiao, does sacrificing dogs still stop him from using magic. (I can't remember if that's what Guan Yu's forces did, I read the Three Kingdoms a long time ago)

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    YELLOW SKY SOON FELLOW TURBANS

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I like your Zhang Jiao sheet, Hermes! That said, aren't his physical stats a bit high for a Caster? Mind, I'm not familiar with the character, so maybe they're appropriate.
    I'm not so sure about his NP, either. I mean, weather control on a large scale is something which seems like it should be within the abilities of any Caster who's a proper sorcerer, even if it might take time and lots of energy. Unless his NP works instantly? Is that what it does?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Hm, I think it's a stretch to interpret "King Harald then was in a rage" as a full-blown berserker rage, but I'll accept the premise. Let's see:

- Stats seem fine, although I might suggest lowering Agility to C.
    - Skills: I don't think Expert of Many Specializations is needed, although I could see him having Riding as a personal Skill. I don't really agree with Sadistic Constitution or Harp of Healing, either; neither really fits him. I might suggest increasing his Mad Enhancement to EX, however; that way, he's still going to be mostly sane (and capable of employing tactics), but it would also reflect several moments of his saga, such as how he never understood that no matter how many times he raided Denmark, he simply lacked the political acumen to make the Danes want to accept him as their king.
    - Varangian Guard: Nice! Very creative. I might actually suggest increasing its Rank to B, though, and also removing the references to "espionage" and "assassination" from the Anti-Army effect.
    - Berserkergang: I don't recall this sword from his saga. Where did you find mentions of it?
    Will look at the skills.

The Berserkergang sword I made up (as I explained to RoydGolden on the previous page). I wanted to include something that could send him into temporary rages, but wasn't sure how Beowulf's Berserk skill worked, so I made it an NP.

- - - Updated - - -

Never heard of Riina before, so I can't comment on the more part (though Rejected Princesses is a pretty good source, so I think you're safe there). World FEET Domination made me laugh a little. The boomerang doesn't seem that impressive to me aside from the "return to sender" feature, so I guess that her main approach to Servants with Mystery-ruch armor would be to kick them really hard and then bash them with the boomerang?

Blog Entries
    Never heard of Riina before, so I can't comment on the more part (though Rejected Princesses is a pretty good source, so I think you're safe there). World FEET Domination made me laugh a little. The boomerang doesn't seem that impressive to me aside from the "return to sender" feature, so I guess that her main approach to Servants with Mystery-ruch armor would be to kick them really hard and then bash them with the boomerang?
    I wouldn't expect you to. She's pretty obscure. Her second NP was obviously based off Edison's, though I felt it was a natural interpretation of her legend. Boomerang wasn't supposed to be that impressive, since it's barely described in her myth beyond just 'she used it to kill a ghost'. 'Return to sender' derives more from contemporary legends surrounding boomerangs then anything specific to her. And yeah, that's pretty much what her strategy would be. Thanks for the feedback!

Blog Entries
    Zhang Jiao: I've only read a super abridged version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms, so the only thing I recognized about this guy was "Yellow Turban Rebellion".

One thing I noted was that you said that without his Mystic Code, he's essentially not that much stronger than a Modern Magus. It got me thinking about how magic worked in history in the Nasuverse. Even though the Age of the Gods had ended long ago by 184 AD, wouldn't the Magi of that time still be really strong by modern standards? For example, Paracelsus died in 1541 but from what I've seen of Prototype Fragments, he's still extremely strong for a Caster. Are you sure you're giving Zhang enough credit? Or was he simply not that talented?