Page 755 of 782 FirstFirst ... 255655705745750753754755756757760765 ... LastLast
Results 15,081 to 15,100 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Bendigeidfran

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Bendigeidfran
    Nope. Hermes has already said that his next will be an Alter version of one of his past Servants, not an entirely new one.

Blog Entries
    And that's why he knows we'll never guess it, because that was a lie.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It may have been, then again it may not have been. It I could have been honest knowing that only few would believe me.

We will never know till I find a decent enough faceclaim.

- - - Updated - - -

And if that is the case, then there's are 1/55 chance of guessing correctly

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    And that's why he knows we'll never guess it, because that was a lie.
    How do you know that? Did he PM you?

Blog Entries
    Just think about it. The logic is sound. He said we'd never guess it, but if it's really one of his old Servants all we have to do is get 55 different people to guess one previous Servant each. But if we only guess from his pool of old Servants when the Servant is a new Servant, we'll never get it right. It's the only possible way for his taunt to be true.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just think about it. The logic is sound. He said we'd never guess it, but if it's really one of his old Servants all we have to do is get 55 different people to guess one previous Servant each. But if we only guess from his pool of old Servants when the Servant is a new Servant, we'll never get it right. It's the only possible way for his taunt to be true.
    but he said we'd never guess it, so we'd never guess it anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

so we should guess things that we don't want him to make.
    Because if it's something we'd never guess anything we guess automatically come off the table.

- - - Updated - - -

i'm going to guess the internet legend mcjon01
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    When I made Mary Tudor, the clue I gave was a yandere that was related the a servant I had made. The only person who guess was Crying who thought it may have been Chang'e - wife of Hou Yi.

Theyre pretty much done so I'll just upload him after I've eaten dinner.

- - - Updated - - -

And no it isn't mcjon01

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    OK! Finally got some rest; and I'm glad the sheet was well-received.
    Thanks for all the feedback guys.

@Mcjon: To be fair, I did state in the bio she was pretty much just shoved into the container and had a botched summoning and subpar Master limiting her, kinda like Arcueid and Gatou in EXTRA.

@RoydGolden: Yeah, I tried to keep the identity more ambiguous, but I was gonna have to mention details like that at some point. And you're right on point; I did have For Someone's Glory in mind while planning out how Shadow Shroud worked. Of course, I only took the identity concealing part of it, and I mostly had Shadow Shroud to compensate for her lack of Presence Concealment. And thanks.

@Bird of Hermes: Thank you. And hey, nitpicking is still feedback! For her stats and some skills, I tried using the closest Assassin equivalent, FGO's Mysterious Heroine X, as a base. Of course, being a gag character, and mostly having gag skills, I also took Saber Alter, Lancer Alter and even Regular Artoria for reference in how each skill should be ranked. This is where the C-Rank Instinct comes from, even though I tried giving it a lore reason for the lower rank. Even the NP rank was based on Rhongomyniad being A++, since I figured the three weapons would work like a trinity of sorts.

As for Shadow Shroud, the reason I had it at B was, well, partly because I was inspired by For Someone's Glory (which is B-Rank), and partly because I figured it'd be a tad higher ranked than Invisible Air since the Shroud is more or less a "sealed" version of Carnwennan rather than a separate enchantment. Still, I can see why it might should be lower, so I'll rank it down to C. Same with the second NP.

In any case, thanks for the feedback. ^^

Blog Entries
    It couldn't be me, anyway, I'm a modern fictional Servant. That's what the other thread is for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KAIZA View Post
    @Mcjon: To be fair, I did state in the bio she was pretty much just shoved into the container and had a botched summoning and subpar Master limiting her, kinda like Arcueid and Gatou in EXTRA.
    From all the "hollow" references I assumed that "Abysswalker Artoria" was supposed to be a play off Dark Souls, so that was just a PvP build joke.

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    Oh...right. And here I thought no one had caught those references...
    I probably needed more sleep. :/

Blog Entries
    It couldn't be me, anyway, I'm a modern fictional Servant. That's what the other thread is for.
    You're fictional?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche.

Class: Rider
    True Name: Roland Alter 'The Dark Paladin'
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Place of Origin: France

Strength- A+
    Endurance- A
    Agility- B+
    Mana- B
    Luck- E
    NP- A+

Height/Weight: 176cm/74kg?
    Dislikes: Peace
    Talent: Propagating Conflict
    Natural Enemy: His True Self

Class Skills:
    • Magic Resistance (B) - Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected.
    • Riding (EX) - Roland's mount Vellantif has been assimilated into his body. He is capable of warping his lower half into that of the blackened form of his stead much like that of a centaur, allowing him to travel at speeds the human eye can only perceive as a blur.

Personal Skills:
    • Battle Continuation (A) - Makes it possible to fight even with deadly injuries and can remain alive so long as one does not receive a decisive fatal wound.
    • Charisma (E) - The natural talent to command. Leadership skills increase, but the morale of troops decreases extremely.
    • Horde Breaker (B) - The ability to fight against large numbers of foes. All parameters gain a Rank-Up when battling against multiple opponents without any support from allies.
    • Scream of Terror (A) - The Servant's howl of battle induces deep, primal fear in all around them. As long as enemy doesn't possess any means of shutting off unnatural fear, they remain 'terrified' which weakens their defensive and offensive capabilities and forces those especially vulnerable to flee. Roland managed to incur fear in an entire army by himself.

Noble Phantasms
    Durendal Noir The Peerless Sword (Anti-Unit/Anti-Fortress) (A++) - This is the holy sword favoured by the paladin leader of the Twelve Peers, Roland. It was granted to King Charlemagne of the Frankish Empire by an angel, and awarded to Roland. Having become blackened by the cursed mud of the grail, it has altered into a dark and barbed sword. Although it still possesses its ultimate power of giving off a brilliant light the burns away everything it touches - its corrupt nature makes it forever active. As a result the sword appears wreathed in black and navy flames. By swinging the blade with enough force that would damage his own body, the power of his attacks increase greatly that would allow him to unleash a powerful torrent of destruction that could kill nearly any target in a single blow.

By raising the wicked blade in the air, filling it with power and striking the ground, he can unleash a shockwave of seismic energy capable of causing earthquakes and splitting mountains as he created La Brèche de Roland by complete accident when trying to break Durandal.

Due to the corrupt nature of the grail however, the concept of decay now affects the sword and is no longer indestructible - however the power required to destroy it is equal to destroying any holy sword of its calibre.

Although the barbs make it somewhat unwieldy, it forces his opponent on the defensive.

Oliphant Horn Call to Mad Destruction (Anti-Army) (B+++) - An ornamental hunting horn that he utilised to strategically call the armies of Charlemagne for aid at the cost of his own life.

It amplifies sound and vibration so that Roland's own sonic power is increased. When combined utilising his Scream of Terror skill to install fear as a terrifying presence, the horn possesses enough destructive power to assault armies - destroying their bodies as well as their mind. The sound waves possess enough power to easily tear the flesh away from the bodies of even the hardiest of servants. Those of low constitution would be torn to shreds against its power and normal humans would be scattered to dust.

However the true power of the Oliphant Horn regardless of its form is to recreate the conditions of the death of Roland. In this state as a blackened servant, it functions differently. Instead of representing his final stand as a Noble Phantasm, the horn bears all the regret and pain that Roland had before playing the horn and dying, and it may be summoned by the Servant whenever he wishes to do so. In this case instead, those who hear the horn will have to play his part and will have their fate sealed of "Being Killed Eventually" which will reshape causality towards that end. It's the embodiment of Roland's inevitable death in his last battle though he forces this destiny upon others.

Roland himself cannot explain its vague definition so it may mean that the targets may be killed by one of Roland's attacks within mere seconds, but it can also mean it may occur in another grail war so this property can be considered rather unreliable against servants. However if used upon an enemy master, the laws of reality would essentially work together to make sure the master would die by Roland's hands before the war has ended.

This Noble Phantasm has an additional passive property as well, that the user will be tormented continually by the lost souls of those who died at his final battle. Pleading with him. Tormenting him. Crying out in fear as long as he lives.

Lore & Personality

Heroic Spirits that come into contact with the mud of the grail gain bodies of cursed flesh, and they are tainted by it as well. The contaminated servant's personality reverses toward the orientation of evil, the process is called Blackening. The blackened Servant is incarnated by the power of the Grail so the more concrete ties to the physical plane turns them into powerful beings. Their physical interference power increases, but at the same time, they lose the ability to return to spirit form. They no longer bother to restrain their magic energy consumption, so their fighting ability jumps significantly. They do not have precise control, but their destructive power is increased. Their momentum can be likened to a runaway car that never runs out of fuel, but fine handling is now impossible because it is out of control. They are fearful beings inflicting havoc and death upon the world.

Upon contact with the cursed mud, Roland was forced to realise the justifications of his life. He has killed many, many people. Roland justified it as "They are villains threatening my country, I will do my duty to defend it" so as long as he serves he can stand by his choice. Once the darkness shredded all hope from him and crushed him with every bit of regret and resentment buried he now will lash out at everything because he has the power to do so and despises it. His life as a shield was meaningless as countless soldiers and innocents died and continue to do so. His closest friends died. He died. And his home was continually attacked, so much so that another Paladin reappeared from Avalon within a few hundred years to finish the job. His pride is pointless. No matter what, he failed and lived a meaningless life. It wasn't worth it.

Now his answer has changed. The answer becomes "being the strongest". Those other who died were too merely weak to survive. Olivier? Weak. Charlemagne? Old. Astolfo? frail. Ganleon? Coward. Bradamante? Just a woman. Ruggiero? Destined for failure.

If Roland is the one who kills, all is in order. Conflict is where he thrives. No other paladin was able to combat an army by themselves, much less when dying from having their brain leak out of their head. Roland becomes the war. He will fight. He will kill because that is the way of things. If he is the one who kills, he cannot lose anything. His friends will not die and he can keep living, because this is his purpose. He speaks in a flat tone. All his excitement and joy has left, he is dead inside. He has talked himself into a life as a being that fights by nature but he no longer enjoys it. It is a part of who he is.
    He may be a monster now, but he was a hero once. As a hero, he despises what he has become.

"When you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you. My failing was that I blinked."

----------------------

IT WAS ONE I MADE ALL ALONG!

I started this guy as a writing exercise. The whole point the being 'Blackened' is that your ego, honour and spirit is essentially ground up into nothing and you're forced to have your failing forced upon you made made to swallow them so I wondered how that may affect one of the servants I've made. And after seeing a certain recent Assassin I got the proper motivation to finish him off.

Roland isn't as good as that Assassin in my opinion but I couldn't make him any better.

Now feel free to tear him apart at your leisure.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; June 21st, 2016 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Reworking Second Noble Phantasm

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    in the process
    Bleh, ugly translation.

(Carry on).
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hab nicht gewusst, dass du Deutsch sprichst.

Oder sind wir per Sie?
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    You know, I don't think I've ever seen an Anti-Fortress Durandal, despite it having an amazing excuse to be so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Br%C3%A8che_de_Roland

Nonetheless, a pretty nice alter sheet.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You know, I actually forgot about the giant gap, only remembered the attempting to break the sword.

I'll go back and change the rank.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Hab nicht gewusst, dass du Deutsch sprichst.

Oder sind wir per Sie?
    Ein bisschen, ein bisschen.

It's more about the ugliness than the literal correctness (though the original indeed is not so ... exact: Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird). Even if I knew no German, that kind of phrase immediately pings my general linguist's sense of "this is being inserted because the translator's (unnecessarily) worried about clarity". It's the sort of wording you put on exams to be absolute sure that the marker sees you've understood the sequence of events, even if it sounds bad. And I've read enough Nietzsche that it felt out of place on that front too, because it's not precisely his mode.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Roland Alter: I like it. He seems fit to be either the final boss or the super strong rival character.

Having him assimilate his horse through Riding EX was an interesting touch. Horde Breaker and Scream of Terror also make him perfect for countering large groups of enemies. I guess the only reliable way to defeat him would be one-on-one?

Durendal Noir: a flaming earthquake sword

Oliphant Horn: why was his dying when using this removed? It's powerful, but a little generic IMO. Maybe change it to something to do with the Battle of Ronceveax Pass, where Roland died? Something maybe recreating the conditions in which Roland died, but with his target playing the role of Roland? Though you might not like the whole "summon big army = I win" thing...