Page 71 of 782 FirstFirst ... 21616669707172737681121171571 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    Aww, he sounds like such a heroic knight. I'd probably want to summon him myself, but would probably ask he get to live on somehow too. Shame that he'd be hard to really get a chance to talk to with the random sudden personality swaps. Any particular heroes you had in mind when making him (as in individual identities, ones you find really noteworthy, perhaps mechanically)?

Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    Aww, he sounds like such a heroic knight. I'd probably want to summon him myself, but would probably ask he get to live on somehow too. Shame that he'd be hard to really get a chance to talk to with the random sudden personality swaps. Any particular heroes you had in mind when making him (as in individual identities, ones you find really noteworthy, perhaps mechanically)?

Therein lies the issue. The things I had in mind were vague ones- like the tailor in the story about the tailor who killed giants by tricking them into thinking he was a badass (some kind of phantasm that lets the user convince people of things that aren't true unconditionally, perhaps?), the hero of Bearskin who's a nameless soldier who happens to strike a bargain with the devil and gets an endless supply of wealth, and also has the mental fortitude to actually outlast Old Scratch, and various heroes of stories about King's Youngest Sons who broke the curse or saved the princess or spent the night in a haunted castle and beat up all the ghosts. That kind of thing. There's no shortage of material, mind, since the running together of fictional and "real" heroes in Saber's identity means you could have multiple variants on one Nameless Hero manifest, and all of them could be equally recognized as a separate Hero by Legend Without Name.
    "AND THAT MEANT THE ROCK, THE CRAPPY AWFUL ROCK HERE WAS THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE, THE CONTINUA, THE WHOLE REALITY!"

-Iain M. Banks, Use of Weapons

Hmm, would give him some flexibility after all. Would ones such as Snow White/Sleeping Beauty count? I believe they normally lack a name, though Disney has given at least Sleeping Beauties a name. Could be some nifty stuff in those ones I imagine for NP's. But lots of potential then I suppose, yeah. Can understand why you'd have a hard time doing anything concrete in a way.

Hmm, would give him some flexibility after all. Would ones such as Snow White/Sleeping Beauty count? I believe they normally lack a name, though Disney has given at least Sleeping Beauties a name. Could be some nifty stuff in those ones I imagine for NP's. But lots of potential then I suppose, yeah. Can understand why you'd have a hard time doing anything concrete in a way.
    Basically if they've done something that, were their name recorded, would get them recognized as a Heroic Spirit- even a very minor one- they count. Damsels in distress are iffy, particularly in the case of SLeeping Beauty and Snow White, because the last time I read "Snow White and Rose Red", Snow White's mother actually named her that- as for Sleeping Beauty, well, since it isn't her actual name I suppose you could say her legend is broad enough, and she'd be an interesting one to add conceptually, but the prince who rescued her is more likely. It's really more for the warrior-types who went on long journeys or adventures, but lost their names.
    "AND THAT MEANT THE ROCK, THE CRAPPY AWFUL ROCK HERE WAS THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE, THE CONTINUA, THE WHOLE REALITY!"

Oh, I meant the princes in them, I should have worded that better. But interesting though that damsels in distress aren't a flat no. I imagine it's not gender-locked though, as doubtful as female warriors are though. But yeah, I meant the princes from those things, since Sleeping Beauty's prince has some nifty potential if nothing else.

Oh, I meant the princes in them, I should have worded that better. But interesting though that damsels in distress aren't a flat no. I imagine it's not gender-locked though, as doubtful as female warriors are though. But yeah, I meant the princes from those things, since Sleeping Beauty's prince has some nifty potential if nothing else.
    Nameless isn't genderlocked, yes. If you qualify as a Heroic Spirit but people forgot your name, you're part of him.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletWeather View Post
    Okay I forgive you for Atom Bomb Guy, Issun is freaking awesome. My only comment is that he really should a) have a class that isn't Assassin (Avenger 2.0, get?) just because that's not really keyed to anything within his legends, and b) I know the idea was to have him be kinda weak, but the poor guy could use an actual attack classified as a Noble Phantasm if he's going to be RP-worthy- I mean, even Avenger got one, albeit it sucked xD

...Kinda awful, incidentally, that someone who's legendary as a protector and savior gets into a Grail war and his major method of fighting is... to go around killing Masters. Gotta wonder about his ethical dilemmas there.
    Eh, Atom Bomb Guy was pure crack anyway. You either love him or hate him, or, more preferrably, laugh at him and then forget about it (which is what I was going for; remember, he was supposed to be broken but ridiculously impractical to the point of uselessness).

Glad you liked Issun though. As for giving him his own class though... what exactly would he fit? He definitely doesn't match any of the other seven (which is a damn shame cuz' I had this mental image of him being a Rider and being able to tame and ride small animals, including his Master's familiars, or hide on bigger ones like Issun rides on Amaterasu in Okami; but then I read his story and he never rides on any animals), and I can't think of anything to make up for him. He's Assassin by default because it's the only thing he can even come close to qualifying for.

And, yeah, it does bother him that all he can do is target Masters. He'd like to be real heroic about it like a proper samurai, but he understands that just isn't feasible at his size and with his being so weak (he's similar to F/E Robin Hood like that). He comforts himself with the knowledge that the enemy Masters know what they are getting into and wouldn't hesitate to kill him or his Master (who is basically just a kid himself). That said, he'd be f**ked against the Illya/Berserker duo because he would not target a kid even if it costs him his life or his Master threatens him with his phobia. His Master would have to force him with a Command Spell and even then he'd shout out a warning to the child.

Edit: Also, I love Nameless! I feel so sorry for him/her/it when I realize it's only wish is to help those nameless heroes at the expense of it's own existence! That is some tragic, bittersweet backstory worthy of Nasu right there!

Do kind of have to agree. Mostly I just wish he could use that hammer, since it sounds like it'd lead to some nifty things. And it's not like anyone else is going to get the hammer if he doesn't, barring some bizarre Gil-like stuff.
    "Threading the Oni's Belly" is the closest he'd ever come to an actual Noble Phantasm, and, as I said, it's more a tactic than an actual technique like Nine Lives or Tsubame Gaeshi.

The problem is, he never actually uses the hammer in the original story; he never even touches the thing. The Princess uses it to make him normal size and they live happily ever after. It's never seen or heard from again. It originally is a hammer that grants wishes when you swing it, and it exists solely as a plot device to give him a happy ending (why the oni even bothers attacking princesses when he has a wish-granting mallet is beyond me).

In "The Love Affair of Issun Boshi" remake of the story, it can only change sizes of people; he and the princess get into an argument with each other (apparently, back when he was small and she kept him around as a glorified pet/toy, she occasionally used to use him as a pleasure toy by sticking him down there, and now that he's normal human-sized he's not as good at pleasuring her in bed; I swear I am not making this sh*t up; the freaking Japanese), and they use the hammer on each other until they shrink themselves out of existence. Bad End!

So, even if I gave him the hammer as it is in the remake, part of it's story is that it's apparently very easy to take it from the wielder and use it against him (how you would use the damn thing after you've been shrunk is completely beyond me).

Even if I did give it to him, shrinking a Servant wouldn't change the fact that they can obliterate him in a straight fight cuz' he has the worst stats ever.

Shrinking the enemy Master is equally pointless when it'd be more efficient to just poison them and flee.

Making himself human-sized is suicide, and even if he can use the hammer to become a giant he's just a bigger target because he has no Magic Resistance or END worth speaking of.

Shrinking his Master to help affect an escape is an option, but having the hammer for just that seems silly.

I just feel it's better, more stylistic if you will, to force him to be clever and utilize his surroundings to target enemy Masters. Like he attacks an enemy Master in a department store and you see him using all this stuff lying around to distract the Master and the Servant until he lures them close enough to something he can climb to stab the enemy master with his needle.

Edit: You know what helped inspire Issun? The Stephen King short story, "Battlefield", which can be foudn in the "Nightmares and Dreamscapes" anthology, especially the version of the story that was adapted for TV (you can easily find the episode on YouTube). Issun is like the commando toy that is the last of the toy soldiers to attack the assassin that killed that toy-maker. It was small, but badass, and inside the apartment building there was plenty of places for it to hide for an ambush.
    Last edited by G-Man; March 9th, 2012 at 08:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    Because I am bored I have made a sheet, can you guess who it is?

Name: Kuzuki Souichirou
    Alignment: True Neutral

Strength: D
    Endurance: D
    Agility: B
    Prana: E
    Luck: C
    Noble Phantasm: A

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment (C): Assassin does not have a usual form of presence concealment, instead of hiding himself the way a normal Hassan would he disguises himself as an ordinary human so as to get into the best position possible. He could be the teacher you thought you knew, the neighbor who recently moved in, even a store owner you visit everyday. The only way to detect such concealment is a B or higher rank of an observation skill to detect him.

Personal Skills:

Hidden martial art, Snake (A++): Since childhood Assassin has mastered the secret art known as Snake, it is this skill that allows him to fight toe to toe with most any Servant. The strikes from his blows are nearly impossible to dodge on a fist encounter and following encounters lowers the rank and effectiveness of Snake by about one rank depending on the Servant he is fighting.

Eye of the mind (B): Raised since childhood to be a calm and effective killer Assassin is able to calculate and deduce most any situation to find a chance at victory.

Noble Phantasms:

Ψυχομαχία ~ When in doubt call thy name (A): Possessing no true Phantasm of his own, this was more of a gift by his lover. When Assassin calls the lost language of the divine he receives the divine reinforcement he once had in life for a time. When activated he gains major rank ups in all parameters with the largest being an A rank in prana, the buff however only lasts a short time and after fading will lost effectiveness with each use.

So what do you guys think?
    Last edited by Milbunk; March 12th, 2012 at 12:28 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Kuzuki?

Blog Entries
    Yeah it was kinda hard to hide who it was without ruining the sheet itself, anyway what's your opinion his Servant self?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Mh, I'd say it works. Although this part:

When Assassin calls the lost language of the divine
    ... Kuzuki doesn't - and can't - call anything. At best, I'd say to "use" this as a permanent blessing or one that activates when his Snake isn't enough to defeat an opponent. I think it works better, but really, it's okay for me.

Blog Entries
    The general idea of it is a NP that Medea gave to him that somehow boosts his stats a whole lot via Age of God magic. It may be easier to make it a permanent buff or something to that degree I just didn't want to fill the stat page with a million plusses. (Not really a million just a bunch.)

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Give him the lucky charm from that one CP episode. :P
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

He's been done so many times, but I don't care....Prepare yourselves, here returns a king.

--------------
    Class: Lancer
    True Name: Leonidas
    Alignment: Lawful Good

“Come and get them!!!”

Statistics
    Strength: B
    Endurance: A
    Agility: D
    Magic: C
    Luck: D
    Noble Phantasm: B

Class Skills
    Magic Resistance
    The ability to cancel or diminish the effects of magecraft used against oneself. At this rank, the spell’s rank is lowered by one and E rank spells are rendered null.

Personal Skills
    Bravery
    The ability to cancel mental interference such as pressure, confusion, and mesmerization. At this rank, the Servant is immune to all mental interferences. Also, when fighting against a much stronger enemy, the Servant receives a rank up in STR and AGI.

Charisma
    Natural talent in commanding and inspiring large numbers. At this rank, the Servant increases the ability of his army during mass combat. B-rank is enough to lead a country.

Divinity
    The level of divinity present in the Servant’s blood. At this level, the Servant has a streak of divinity, either through ancestors or being favored by a god.

Protection from Arrows
    Increased defense against ranged attacks by predicting the projectile trajectory through exceptional means such as hearing the sound of air being cut or sensing the killing intent of the enemy. At this rank, as long as the attacker is within his range of vision, the Servant can track down shots with his eyes and defend against them. This does not apply to attacks from super-long range or that have a large area-of-effect. The attacker does not need to be visible.

Noble Phantasm(s)
    Phalanx Defense of the 300
    Type: Anti-Unit
    A defensive, two-part Noble Phantasm utilizing Lancer’s hoplite shield and spear, symbolizing how the small Greek army fended off numerous waves of Persian infantry for three days. By concentrating all his prana, Lancer’s shield becomes imbued with the defensive prowess of not only him, but his army of 300 Spartan warriors. Any attack ranked B and lower will be rendered useless against his defense and the attacker is stunned by his attempt.

The second phase occurs after the attack is pushed back. As the enemy Servant is dazed, Lancer forces all his prana from his shield into his spear, gaining the strength of 300 men. He then thrusts his empowered weapon into a nearby enemy for a killing blow. If the enemy used a ranged attack then Lancer will throw his spear at the target after blocking. A dangerous combo utilizing the basics of Greek infantry combat.

--------------

Notes:
    • Many may be wondering why I didn't just make a Ionioi Hetaroi-esque NP for Leonidas....imo, IH is unique to Broskander. To give another Servant an ability similar would downplay IH's coolness factor.
    • His NP is purely defensive. To imagine it, think of Lancer as....erm, Hakumen from BB. His NP would be his ultimate.
    • As much as I wish, the art is not mine. It belongs to the talented GENZOMAN.
    Questions and comments are welcomed.

Edit: Thanks Sherrinford.
    Last edited by MssrNeko; March 13th, 2012 at 01:09 PM.

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

o7
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

But his NP is only useful for one use. With that much prana depletion, he'll disappear if he exerts anymore strength.

Fanfiction
    Tabula Rasa

Quote Originally Posted by Junky View Post
    But his NP is only useful for one use. With that much prana depletion, he'll disappear if he exerts anymore strength.
    Yes, but remember that NPs are the Servant's "trump card". Leo's not gonna be using Phanlax everytime, he's gonna save it for when the shit hits the fan.

Personally, if Servants started throwing their NPs early in the battle then battles would be way less shorter and less cooler, imo.

Spoiler:

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    IH is EX and thus unique to Broskander.
    Not that you didn't get it right, but with this it's better fixed. ;D

To give another Servant an ability similar would downplay IH's coolness factor.
    Exactly. Basically, the only way to have a IH-like NP is being a bro like Iskander. Good luck finding many of them.

Any other level of bro-ness, and at best you can hope of having familiars-level troops.

Quote Originally Posted by MssrNeko View Post
    Personally, if Servants started throwing their NPs early in the battle then battles would be way less shorter and less cooler, imo.
    Is that really so? Arturia, Gilgamesh, Iskandar, Lancelot, Diarmuid and Heracles all use their NP from the beginning. In the case of Arturia, Gilgamesh and Iskandar, they just have an even bigger trump card hidden away. Actually, maybe the problem I have with your NP is that it is only useful against attacks of B-Rank and lower. I admit that the idea is very intriguing though.

Fanfiction
    Tabula Rasa

Well, Leonidas is a small fry compared to the complete juggernauts and curbstompers. So yeah, he'd get gank'd really fast against Arturia and the rest.

Thanks for your input, Junky.

Spoiler: