Page 80 of 782 FirstFirst ... 30707578798081828590130180580 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Seika, Junky is treading upon your domain.

Obliterate him.

No, I bow down before Seika. It is not cowardice to surrender oneself to such an almighty presence. I am just a humble trafficker of information, who depends on what one hopes are reliable sources.

Fanfiction
    Tabula Rasa

Blog Entries
    In all fairness, I did actually translate that precise bit for these forums three months ago.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    In all fairness, I did actually translate that precise bit for these forums three months ago.
    Where was it? Sorry that I missed it.

Fanfiction
    Tabula Rasa

Blog Entries
    Theogony 886-900

Ζεὺς δὲ θεῶν βασιλεὺς πρώτην ἄλοχον θέτο Μῆτιν
    πλεῖστα τε ἰδυῖαν ἰδὲ θνητῶν ἀνθρώπων.
    ἀλλ᾽ ὅτε δὴ ἄρ᾽ ἔμελλε θεὰν γλαυκῶπιν Ἀθήνην
    τέξεσθαι, τότ᾽ ἔπειτα δόλῳ φρένας ἐξαπατήσας
    αἱμυλίοισι λόγοισιν ἑὴν ἐσκάτθετο νηδὺν
    Γαίης φραδμοσύνῃσι καὶ Οὐρανοῦ ἀστερόεντος.
    τὼς γάρ οἱ φρασάτην, ἵνα μὴ βασιληίδα τιμὴν
    ἄλλος ἔχοι Διὸς ἀντὶ θεῶν αἰειγενετάων.
    ἐκ γὰρ τῆς εἵμαρτο περίφρονα τέκνα γενέσθαι:
    πρώτην μὲν κούρην γλαυκώπιδα Τριτογένειαν
    ἶσον ἔχουσαν πατρὶ μένος καὶ ἐπίφρονα βουλήν.
    αὐτὰρ ἔπειτ᾽ ἄρα παῖδα θεῶν βασιλῆα καὶ ἀνδρῶν
    ἤμελλεν τέξεσθαι, ὑπέρβιον ἦτορ ἔχοντα:
    ἀλλ᾽ ἄρα μιν Ζεὺς πρόσθεν ἑὴν ἐσκάτθετο νηδύν,
    ὡς δή οἱ φράσσαιτο θεὰ ἀγαθόν τε κακόν τε.
    My Translation:

Zeus, king of the gods, first took as his wife, Metis,
    the most knowledgeable of immortals and of men.
    But when she was about to bear shining-eyed Athene,
    at that time he deceived her mind with a trick
    and persuasive words, and thrust her down into his stomach,
    in accordance with the advice of Earth and starry Heaven,
    for the two advised him thus, so that another should not have
    the respect due to royalty from the eternal gods in place of Zeus.
    For it was Metis' lot to bear children with outstanding minds:
    first a daughter, shining-eyed Tritogeneia*
    who had might and thoughtful counsel equal to her father.
    But then a child, king of both gods and men,
    she would bear, one who would have a spirit of overwhelming power:
    but Zeus, before this might happen**, put her down into his stomach,
    so that the goddess could prophesy both good and evil for him

* Athene
    ** Lit. just 'before'

So, we have two options here: 1) Zeus had been advised beforehand, and so it was all part of his plan to have a good shag and not be threatened by the offspring. 2) Zeus didn't know and was only told about it after he had taken Metis as his wife/to bed (wife is very close to bed in Greek). Either way, we know that the prophecy which told him about the problem of Metis also told him the solution, so he was not exactly being reckless.
    Thar.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

You are awesome. But you already know that.

Fanfiction
    Tabula Rasa

Since no one has updated this in a while and the strangest idea struck me... why is it I only end up doing weird Servants?

Servant: Assassin (can also be summoned as a Berserker)
    True Name: Unknown/The Kuchisake-Onna (The "Split-Mouthed Woman")
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Master: Uryuu Ryuunosuke or Ranrurun/Lil' Ronnie (or someone else suitably f**ked up in the head).

Stats:

Strength: D
    Endurance: E+
    Agility: D (C)
    Mana: D
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: C

Class Abilities:

Presence Concealment:
    This level of Presence Concealment is suitable for spying on enemy Servants from a set distance and approaching modern-day Magi undetected unless they are using magecraft to actively scan their surroundings. Her Presence Concelament increases by two whole Ranks when utilizing her Noble Phantasm, "Sadistic Choice".

Details:

One of Japan's many enduring legends. During the Edo Period, an unfaithful wife was said to have been disfigured by her samurai husband, and eventually became a youkai. Supposedly, a woman who was truly disfigured in such a fashion began stalking Japanese schoolchildren during the late 1970's-early 1980's until her rumored death, renewing popularity of the story as an urban legend. Whether this "Kuchisake-Onna" is the vengeful ghost of a samurai's unfaithful wife or the spirit of a tragic madwoman is anyone's guess as she wears both the surgical mask of the urban legend, and the kimono of the original story. When asked, even if by her Master, Servant Assassin will become violent and hysterical. Perhaps she is some tragic amalgamation of every disfigured woman who could have played the role of the Kuchisake-Onna, and in the process she has lost her own original identity in her descent into madness?

Her appearance is that of a seemingly beautiful Japanese woman, with long, flowing black hair reaching to the small of her back and two long bangs on either side reaching down to her breasts (think Kuronuma Sawako's hair in Kimi ni Todoke). She wears a white kimono with a pink floral print of cherry blossoms, though strangely the kimono has the image of a cartoonish skull with heart-shaped sockets over her left brest, and she wears a standard surgival mask over her face, though she tends to cover her face with her right kimono sleeve regardless. When her surgical mask is removed we see she possesses a Glasgow Smile (her mouth is split from ear to ear) with her cheeks held together by stitches. Surprisingly, aside from this injury her mouth appears perfectly normal aside from her possessing unusually sharp canines and incisors due to being a youkai. While under the effect of Mad Enhancement of Monstrous Strength her mouth is full of rows of shark-like, serrated teeth. Even before her surgical mask is removed, a closer inspection will show that the her eyes have no irises, thus revealing her inhuman nature. Her weapon in the urban legends is a large pair of scissors, but, when summoned as an Assassin, she carries a large kama (a handheld scythe) as in the original Edo Era tales instead.

Whether she was a tragic victim as in many of the urban legends or an unfaithful wife who went insane over her punishment, the Kuchisake-Onna is now a madwoman who exhibits erratic behavior; switching from pleasant and friendly to shrieking and threatening violence against even her Master, she may very well be the most unreliable Assassin Class Servant ever. Her wish is to distort the world's perception of "beauty" so that she will once again appear desirable to others. If she percieves her Master to be an outcast as she views herself, she will become much friendlier towards them as long as they do not treat her poorly, and if a male Master were to sincerely find her attractive she will become fanatically loyal to him (perhaps out of fear over why she was punished in her original legend) as long as she does not overuse her Monstrous Strength.

Skills:
    Mental Pollution:
    Provides a probability that mental interference magecraft will be rendered ineffective. In the condition that the Servant's master is of Evil alignment, and perpetrates acts of cruelty against the Servant, Mental Pollution will increase in rank, further increasing defenses against magecraft. However, as the Servant's psyche is inherently broken, this may result in irreversible deterioration. When angered (such as by referring to her face, mocking/ostracizing those who are ugly, or questioning her true identity), the Servant's Rank in Mental Pollution increases to A+ and the Servant becomes nearly impossible to reason with if the Master does not utilize a Command Spell. At this point her mental state is akin to a Berserker with a high Rank in Mad Enhancement and all mental interference thaumaturgy is rendered ineffective. When summoned as a Berserker, her Mental Pollution Rank is always A+, even when Mad Enhancement is not active.

Independent Action:
    Can remain in this world for a week even after losing her Master. However, to use Noble Phantasms of great prana consumption, back up from the Master is necessary. Unfortunately for any innocent victims she may come across, her one Noble Phantasm costs very little prana. In all of her stories, her existence is a solitary and lonely one. She is a wandering wrath appearing and disappearing with little warning and so she requires little support to maintain her existence temporarily. Perhaps most frightful of all, even when summoned as a Berserker, she still possesses Independent Action of Rank C, allowing to run amuck in the world for one whole day even without a Master!

Monstrous Strength:
    An ability possessed by monsters and beasts (as her legend states she is a youkai, she qualifies), it grants a temporary boost of the Strength parameter by one rank for a time limit determined by the ranking of this skill. When activated her mouth begins to open to an unnatural width, like a snake unhinging it's jaws, and stretching the stitches along her cheeks to their limits. All of her teeth become saw-like, and she now possesses multiple rows of them, similar a great white shark. Her limbs stretch by roughly one-third their original length (producing a horrible, fleshy popping sound as though her bones were dislocating) and they gain the ability to contort at unnatural angles, even as her finger nails grow long and become as hard as steel knives (if you've ever read the Jinchuu Arc in Ruroni Kenshin, just think of Yatsume Mumyoi and his freakishly long arms). She can remain ins this state for a total of 10 turns and still return to her normal condition unaided, but for every turn after that she remains transformed, her Mental Pollution increases by roughly one "+" modifier until it reaches Rank A+. At this point she will remain trapped in this state and act as if under the effect of Mad Enhancement (but without the stat boost) unless the Master utilizes a Command Spell to force her to transform back. When summoned as a Berserker she will remain in this form when Mad Enhancement is activated.

Noble Phantasms:

Sadistic Choice ~ The Riddle of the Scorned Maiden
    Type: Anti-Unit
    A curse embodied in the kama (handheld scythe) she carries. Her Presence Concealment increases by two whole Ranks as she creeps up behind her target. When in range, she poses the question "Watashi... kirei?" ("Am I... beautiful?"). The catch being that the question can also mean "Watashi... kire?" ("Am I... to cut?"), so a 'yes' or 'no' answer will net the same disastrous result. Once the question is asked her AGI increases by one whole Rank (in all of the tales it is impossible to outrun her), the sudden and massive change in speed often catching even opponents who possess a still higher Rank of AGI offguard, and she proceeds to slash at their body. Physically blocking is meaningless as the blade of the kama is merely the materialization of the curse and is not solid (unless the enemy Servant blocks with a Noble Phantasm that dispels curses). The damage inflicted (as well as the location of the cut) is dependent on the target's Magic Resistance:

- Rank E, a large cut will appear across the victim's belly (in some variations of the story, answering wrong will cause her to cut the victim in two).
    - Rank D, the victim's mouth will be slashed, causing it to resemble her own.
    - Rank C, various small cuts will appear over the victim's body (but never a vital point).
    - Ranks B and above, no damage will be inflicted.

The true horror of the curse is that wounds transform into small mouths full of serrated teeth that bite through any physical seals placed on them (such as bandages or stitches) and consume any prana injected into the wounds in an attempt to heal them. These disgusting mouths will continually utter the Kuchisake-Onna's trademark phrase "Watashi, kirei?" in her voice, even as the victim's blood dribbles from their lips, thus destroying any attempts at stealth or concealment, even if a Servant astralizes. If the cut forms along the victim's own mouth, they will not only utter the Kuchisake-onna's phrase, but will parrot anything the victim may have said previously at random, thus presenting a very real risk that vital secrets, such as clues to one's Servant's identity, may be revealed. The mouths continually eat at their own edges (like someone chewing at the corner of their lips) in order to widen themselves and increase the severity of the injury. These split-mouths must be subjected to curse dispelling magecraft before any attempts at properly treating the wounds can be made. If a female non-Servant is killed by the curse they will become a form of kuchisake-onna themselves. In this state they are like Deads, the victims of Dead Apostles, only they seek to assault victims at random without any desire to drink blood. Contrary to what one may expect, there is no correct response that will negate her attack. This is because most of her weaknesses have only been introduced in the relatively recent urband legends. That said, if one genuinely finds her true face attractive and answers as such, she will hesitate to attack them unless her Master orders her to do so.

When summoned as a Berserker, this Noble Phantasm is always active, her fingers elongate and curve to resemble scythe-like blades, and her fingernails now transmit the curse in place of the kama she is no longer capable of wielding. She gains D Rank Presence Conealment that is also always active as a Personal Skill in addition to the AGI stat boost.

Whew! That took way longer to type out than I thought! Another weird one for me. Hopefully this will get everyone else's creative juices flowing, and if not, well, at least I got it out of my system! After reading the thread for Lyco's aborted "Holy Shirou War" I am feeling some inspiration to do Empress Jinguu as a Lancer. That will probably be saved for another day (probably Monday if all goes well).
    Last edited by G-Man; April 21st, 2012 at 11:09 PM.

Obviously, all did not go well! That said, since the idea still won't leave me and I want to try and inject some life into this thread (unless the Servant creation is still ongoing in some other thread and I didn't notice, which would be entirely like me), here is Lancer Empress Jinguu!

Image (because I suck at loading images and am too lazy to learn how to do it right):
    http://www.tofugu.com/2012/03/19/emp...onna-bugeisha/
    The image at the very top is how I imagine Empress Jinguu. The one with long, purple hair and the red kimono. Replace the katana with a wakizashi and give her an ornate naginata as her "lance".

Servant: Lancer (can also be summoned as an Archer)
    True Name: Empress Jinguu/Okinagatarashi-hime
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Master: For some reason I can see one of the most legendary of the onna-bugeisha being summoned by Fujimura Taiga... and being totally exasperated by Taiga's energy and silliness!

Stats:

Strength: C
    Endurance: D
    Agility: B
    Mana: C
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: B

Class Abilities:

Magic Resistance:
    Can cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for her to be affected. Legend states she was chosen by the god Hachiman to birth him into the world in one of his incarnations. Seen as a living goddess in her time, she boasts a minor natural resistance to magecraft due to her blessing from the gods, and this is heightened by her being summoned as a Lancer.

Details:
    The consort to Emperor Chuai, she served as regent of his lands from 209 AD (when Chuai died) until 269 AD when her son, Ojin, ascended to the throne. As there is insufficient records available concerning her and her reign in Japan, many are unsure as to how much of the legends are true. Supposedly aided by a pair of divine jewels that afforded her control over the tides, she was said to have conquered Korea in the year 200 without shedding a single drop of blood, though many historically doubt this claim, even in Japan. Legend also states that her son Ojin was born upon her return to Japan in 203. As he was conceived before she went to battle in Korea and born upon her return, he remained in her womb for three years. The legendary explanation for this is that he son was actually Hachiman, the god of war, and he willfully remained in her womb those three years to give her the time she needed to conquer Korea.

Personal Skills:

Divinity:
    Empress Jinguu was seen as a living goddess and legend states she was chosen to give birth to a mortal incarnation of the god Hachiman.

Charisma:
    Suitable for the ruler of a country. Empress Jinguu acted as ruler of her lands until her son was ready to assume the throne and was said to have successfully led a bloodless invasion of Korea (though historians doubt the validity of this claim).

Knowledge of Respect and Harmony:
    Attacks can be percieved by the enemy only after repeated use. Not only was Jinguu a skilled onna bugeisha, trained in the use of many weapons and schools of combat at the time, but her Noble Phantasm is also incredibly versatile and she has mastered use of it, raising the Rank of this skill tremendously when it is in use.

Noble Phantasms:
    The Twin Impreial Shores ~ The Magatama of Ebb and Flow
    Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 500 meters
    Two magatama beads granted to Jinguu by the god Hachiman that she might bring glory to her kingdom through conquest. Each gem controls the rising and receding of the tides respectively and each is embedded in a bracelet worn on each wrist. When activated, she summons a tremendous amount of seawater (upwards of 100 metric tons worth) and by utilizing the gems control over the flow of this water she can freely manipulate it with the gestures of her hands and fingers.

The Noble Phantasm's sole weakness is that it may not be used to shed blood, for her invasion of Korea was said to be bloodless due to the gems power. In truth, it is because tainting and polluting the water with the blood of her enemies causes the gems to lose their divine blessing, temporarily reducing the strength of the Noble Phantasm by one whole Rank each time she uses it to shed blood, and so she can not utilize the water for piercing attacks.

However, this can easily be compensated for by merely drowning, battering and immobilizing or driving away her foes. Even the most powerful of Servants can find their feet swept right out from under them, quickly seperating them from their Masters as they are washed away (the helpless Masters are then either drowned, crushed by the sheer pressure, or Jinguu may dispel the water and finish them off with her personal weapons).

Because she freely controls the shape of the water, her attacks can take on a wide variety of forms and come from almost any concievable angle. Conquering Korea without shedding a single drop of blood forced her to master creative use of the gems to the point where adapting to the sheer variety of attacks she can launch is nearly impossible. In fact, she likely understands more about water and how it functions than any scientist would for centuries to come.

The Twin Shores of Conquest ~ The Imperial Divine Deluge
    Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 2 kilometers
    When summoned as an Archer, her Noble Phantasm changes, allowing her to condense the 100+ tons of seawater into arrows with a wide variety of effects. She can make one arrow from all the water that will wash away any target with less than A Strength. She launch multiple arrows so that they may split into channels of water, each striking at reduced strength from many directions. Finally, she may fire a single arrow into the sky where it will burst, causing the water to rain down in a deluge where each single droplet strikes with the force of hail! This attack inevitably sheds blood, reducing the gems blessing until they becomes unusuable for one whole week while Jinguu must purify them with a sacred clensing ritual, but any enemy Masters caught within range will surely be killed in the onslaught. Though the range is a masisve 2 kilometers, she may confine the rain to a space as small as 100 meters.

There we have it. In my head, I picture her as using the gems like Byakuya (from Bleach) uses his Senbonzakura petals or like how Gaara (from Naruto) uses his sand (particularly the hand gestures of both, only she looks more graceful, like she is conducting and orchestra with her fingertips while dancing). She is all about versatility (which compensates for her low stats). Unlike most Servants, as long as she has prana she can spam her Noble Phantasm, because she is so creative in how she uses it that most enemies can't adapt of come up with a counter strategy (she summons far too much water for anyone to freeze or vaporize it all unless they have a Noble Phantasm that generates incredible amounts of heat or cold or are a powerful Caster-type Servant).

Any comments, criticism?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Into that mountain we go! Gaterjhonz's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A pretty generic Assassin, one of the possible Hassans to be summoned, in my mind at least (was a bit lazy so the only original point was the NP), also slight Easter Egg.

Class: Assassin
    Name: Hassan-i-Sabah
    Alignment: Lawful/Evil

Stats:
    Str: D
    End: D
    Agi: A
    Mana: E
    Lck: C
    NP: B

Skills:
    Presence Concealment: A+
    It is possible to disappear completely and become almost impossible to be detected. However, efficacy will decrease once preparations to attack are taken.

Noble Phantasm:
    Zabaniya-Reaper's Requiem
    Targets: 1
    Range: 1-3

Assassin wields a large oddly shaped scythe, thought to be the scythe wielded by the Grim Reaper itself. Damage dealt with this scythe is strange, as any limb hit with even the slightest cut becomes useless as its essence, hence life, is taken away. In addition to this, the damaged part can no longer be healed or recovered as damage is permanent.

Upon closer inspection, the eyes behind her mask seem to glow a bright blue whenever she uses her noble phantasm.
    Not so Mega Sig, now properly spoilered
    Spoiler:
    [20:39] <Fishie> I'MA GO PUT HER UNDEREWAR ON MY HEAD LIKE A SALARY PERSON
    the whole story here

A travel Advisory:
    Spoiler:

Come visit the 7th Dimension--Where nightmares dreams are made into realities

[23:50] <Sieg> Gater is golddigging deviant?

[11:59] <TheoReforged> I KNOW WHO YOU ARE NOW
    [11:59] <TheoReforged> YOU'RE .... ROADBUSTER!
    [12:00] <@Leo> i'm sorry but that's retarded
    [12:00] <Irondefiler> *cricket sounds*

Beast's Lair's own Dwarf Fortress succession game is now recruiting mighty able dwarves, sign up if you have what it takes!

Blog Entries
    (Female) DEATH + blue-glowing eyes = Discworld?
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Into that mountain we go! Gaterjhonz's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have to admit that was also a correct answer though that wasn't my intended meaning. good answer though.
    Not so Mega Sig, now properly spoilered
    Spoiler:
    [20:39] <Fishie> I'MA GO PUT HER UNDEREWAR ON MY HEAD LIKE A SALARY PERSON
    the whole story here

A travel Advisory:
    Spoiler:

Come visit the 7th Dimension--Where nightmares dreams are made into realities

[23:50] <Sieg> Gater is golddigging deviant?

[11:59] <TheoReforged> I KNOW WHO YOU ARE NOW
    [11:59] <TheoReforged> YOU'RE .... ROADBUSTER!
    [12:00] <@Leo> i'm sorry but that's retarded
    [12:00] <Irondefiler> *cricket sounds*

Beast's Lair's own Dwarf Fortress succession game is now recruiting mighty able dwarves, sign up if you have what it takes!

Blog Entries
    (Female) DEATH + blue-glowing eyes = Discworld?
    ...Now you made me wish I wasn't busy with finals so I could write up a Susan.

Fire Poker of Striking Death~.

(I miss this thread, only three finals to go!)

Signature by fumato

Blog Entries
    Susan was one of those characters I latched onto and said "I want to be like her!" She's kinda awesome.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Meh. I've always digged Ridcully, Weatherwax, Death, and Brutha more.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Blog Entries
    Tiffany's my idol, but more of a Magrat. ^^; Much harder to Servant-ize though, but hrm... -muses until finals are over-

Signature by fumato

NZXT
    Archer

"T
    he Lord will hear when I call to Him."

FULL NAME: // David, King of Israel
    OTHER ALIAS: // N/A
    CURRENT AGE: // 20
    YEAR OF BIRTH: // 1040 BC
    ALIGNMENT: // Lawful Neutral

APPEARANCE: //
    HEIGHT: // 171cm
    WEIGHT: // 62kg
    EYE COLOR: // Green
    HAIR COLOR: // Green
    PIERCINGS: // None
    TATTOOS: // None
    DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: // N/A

STRENGTH: // C
    ENDURANCE: // D
    AGILITY: // B
    MANA: // C
    LUCK: // A
    NOBLE PHANTASM: // C-A++

MY LEGEND: //

As a shepherd, he was told by the prophet Samuel that he had been given a special role from God. He is famous for episodes such as performing with a harp in front of Saul, king of Israel, to exorcise him from an evil spirit, and defeating the Philistine giant Goliath. Saul soon became jealous of David's glory in battle, and he became the target of assassination attempts. However, after Saul dies in battle with the Philistines, David ascends the throne and conquers Jerusalem. David's only disgrace is his disregarding the law to pursue the married woman Bathsheba. He murders his vassal to obtain her, and he endures God's punishment for it in his last years.

MY HISTORY: //

The king of ancient Israel who appears in the Old Testament. Placing his duty as an agent of God first and foremost, he possesses the strength of will to maintain an extreme calm in the face of utter desperation, clear-mindedly evaluating his situation in a realistic manner. To his view, "All humans upon this earth have a place within God's plan," and should be regarded with appropriate respect. Typical of many heroes, however, he has a weakness for women with nice bodies, occasionally muttering, "I wish to take a wife for myself ..." Though he is considered an unparalleled genius in his talent with a harp, he possesses little skill in dancing. However, he favors both as his pastimes

MY GOALS: //

His purpose for obtaining the Holy Grail stems from his desire to have a loving wife. His wish is to be given a mortal body in this time, so that he may find God's ideal woman for him, thinking it unnecessary to wish for the woman instead, as it would be pointless if he is unable to spend his life with her, and he is certain that God will lead him to her.

WEAPON: // Slingshot
    NOBLE PHANTASM: //

Hamesh Avanim: The Five Stones
    Range: 5-70 meters
    Max Targets: 1
    The slingshot that defeated the giant Goliath. A Noble Phantasm that consists of five decorated stones bound by the line of a sling, normally carried behind the Servant's waist. Hamesh Avanim expresses David's generosity: As projectiles, the first four stones are used as warning shots as the Servant attempts to persuade his opponent to lay down arms. If said opponent fails to comply, the fifth stone may be launched -- a rapid, nonlethal attack that is extremely difficult to evade. Normal Heroic Spirits are rendered unconscious on impact, and their belongings are "redesignated" to the possession of the user of the Hamesh Avanim; that is, even if they take hold of their former Noble Phantasms, usage is disallowed by divine authority. The sling itself is the true Hamesh Avanim, and the five projectiles are merely normal stones that have undergone transfiguration; they may be unendingly replenished.

Sacrifice: Flames Upon the Alter
    Range: Sight
    The "flame that carries the hottest heat, shinning brightly, which flared up by God's commands" which appears in the Book of Numbers of the Old Testament. A phantasmal incense burner in deactivation. Ketoret is burned within, and when the violet fumes that issue have enveloped the target, thunderclouds and mist gather overhead -- giving the impression of Mount Sinai; from them, a fire descends from the heavens, incinerating without a trace all those who would oppose the will of God. The flames are shaped like an altar.

Ark: The Chest of the Covenant
    Range: Touch
    A wooden box that contains the original engravings of the Ten Commandments issued to Moses by God. As a Noble Phantasm, its effect is narrow but absolute; besides the Servant that carries them, all those who would deem to touch the box without authorization are drained of their prana unto death. Upon seizure of Jerusalem and the removal of the Philistines, King David of Israel appointed the city as his capital, and situated within it the Ark of the Covenant.

CLASS ABILITIES: //

Magic Resistance - A
    Grants protection against magical effects. Cancel spells of A-Rank or below. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a "Magus Killer".

Independent Action - B
    The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the prana supply from the Master. Can remain in this world for a week even after losing his Master. However, to use Noble Phantasms of great prana consumption, back up from the Master is necessary.

SKILLS: //

Divine Protection - C
    The form and flesh of a man prophecized to be king, bearing the quick-wittedness and brute strength to defeat beasts unaided. Though he has been resurrected by the power of the Grail, Servant does not regard himself as a vessel to the soul of his original -- merely as an instrument of God. He does not terribly mind this existence, content merely to feel the grace of his Lord.

Harp Performance - A
    In life, the Servant is said to have exorcized evil spirits on the behalf of King Saul of Israel with use of his harp alone. His skill with the instrument is such that he is capable of purging mental interference and restoring psychological stability to those who listen to his music. However, the accuracy of projectiles and polearms suffer a large Rank Down within hearing range. The Servant's act of exorcism may have a modern analogue in musical therapy.

Divinity - D
    Though the Servant was originally a mere shepherd in life, as an ancestor of Christ, he qualified weakly as a being of divine nature -- perhaps equivalent in rank to Joseph of Nazareth. He possesses some defense against the action of conceptual relics and Noble Phantasms based in the divinity of Christ (though not those based in the divinity of God) -- for example, "holy shrouds," "the stakes of the Crucifixion," and "the Lancea Longini"; possibly even "the Holy Grail."

Charisma - B
    A prodigy of military tactics and command in life, the Servant called to arms a force of 320 thousand men to seize the city of Jerusalem. For the long path of bloodshed that he wrought as a military leader, he later deemed to seek the forgiveness of God by building a place of worship in his capital. (Due to certain circumstances, it was not built until the reign of his son, Solomon.)

---

Spiced up with a certain template.
    Last edited by NZXT; May 7th, 2012 at 05:17 PM.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Eh, still boring and unbalanced.

Six skills, three ridiculous NPs... the NPs in particular need more description and such. I mean, for the slingshot, he could just go, "lol u mad?" and toss the stones right at them, with the last causing an apparent insta-knockout? That's ridiculous, especially with the fact that he gets their main NP - and how do you determine a "main" NP? How does that even work?

The second NP is just vague and uninteresting. "Smoke falls, everyone dies."

The third... boring. Is it supposed to be some kind of trap? An Indiana Jones reference? Either way, it's pretty lame. He has too many unjustified OHKO moves.

But of course, this is more the original designer than you.
    Last edited by Five_X; May 7th, 2012 at 05:25 PM.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Some pretty sweet formatting though.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Yes, sure looks neat. The small text in places is a little annoying though.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think it is from some sort of Fate RP forum? I have seen this formatting definitely before.

And maybe it is me, but I don't consider David that broken. Especially considering his stats and lack of Clairvoyance means he has to be relatively close to use his NP (which, considering the fact that he lacks all melee combat phantasms, means he gets completely blitzed by any melee competent hero). And the rest of his NPs are... circumstantial (especially the Ark).

Not to mention that he can simply be instakilled by half the Zero/Fate crew (Saber, Rider (both), Gil, Herc, Lance, Koujiro). Sure he seems broken compared to say... Diarmuid, but so are most of the rest of the Servants we know.
    Last edited by Mellon; May 7th, 2012 at 05:54 PM.