Page 129 of 782 FirstFirst ... 2979119124127128129130131134139179229629 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    And I'm glad you two seem to like him as well, Five and Daneel. Thanks.
    It's an awesomely creative design for a Heroic Spirit, practicality as an actual asset in a HGW aside. I love it.

@G-Man: Ok, you got me to get started on Toyosatomimi. The wanking will be strong in this one.

In Brazil, everybody's hands are burning red.
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Actually, in the fight between Archer and Lancer, Rho Aias did break - after everything's said and done, the last petal shatters. Since Archer's NPs are all one rank below the original, and his defensive armaments are out of his forte, I decided to make the actual Rho Aias a lot stronger. By the numbers, a B+ rank NP would trump an A-rank NP, but not an A+ NP, which gives a pretty good window for what rank Rho Aias would be.
    in theory

str B = 40
    NP B (equals to str B+20) = 60
    NP A = 70
    NP B+ = 120
    NP A+ = 140

Rho Aias does have 7 petals, but gets a rank down by tracing
    A+ (7x20=140) -> B+ (nullify Gae Bolg)

well it would make sense that originally was rank A+! :3

so we can think that the four petals Rho Aias of Shirou as 4x20 = 80
    Str D = 20
    NP Rank D = 40
    ("+" = x2)
    Four Petals Rho Aias = 80 = NP D+

it does make sense?
    Last edited by Kotollama; July 25th, 2012 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Q.サーヴァントの姿って、死ぬ直前の姿?それとも全盛期の姿?
    A.基本的に全盛期の姿です。何かの強い呪い、ないし本人の執着があるのなら死ぬ直前の姿で現れる こともあ りますが。

Q. Concerning the Servants' appearance, do they take the form they had just before death, or the form they had during the prime of their lives?
    A. Generally speaking, they take the appearance they had in their prime. However, if there's some kind of strong curse, or the Servant in question has an attachment to it, then their form from just before death can also appear.

Don't know if that's an argument for or against Socrates showing up as an old dude, but I don't think I ever properly translated that and this was an excuse.
    Cool. Its nice to see young Shuwen wasn't just an asspull despite it being Fate/Extra!

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    It's an awesomely creative design for a Heroic Spirit, practicality as an actual asset in a HGW aside. I love it.

@G-Man: Ok, you got me to get started on Toyosatomimi. The wanking will be strong in this one.
    Yes! This will be so damn good! "HEAT BEAM EYE BLASTS!!"

No one got the reference though... pity.

Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    Class
    ~ Rider (Caster and Assassin also possible)

True Identity ~ Su Daji, Ruiner of Dynasties (not her real name, merely that of the unfortunate princess she took as her host)

Gender ~ Female

Faceclaim (of her 'default' host, that of the Chinese Princess she inhabitated in her legend)

Alignment ~ Lawful Evil

Stats

Strength (C) *****
    Endurance (D) *****
    Agility (B) *****
    Magic (B) *****
    Luck (D) *****

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (Rank C)

The capacity to not merely reduce magical damage (from Rank D and above), but to nullify it altogether.

In Daji's case this is boosted by the spiritual nature of the huli jing possessing her, yet otherwise would be fairly low. Cancels spells of a two-line incantation.

Riding (A)

Talent for riding mounts and vehicles.

At this Rank the Servant can expertedly ride any Beast up to Phantasmal or Holy level. However Daji's true specialty as Rider lies in her ability to 'ride' human beings through possession (detailed below).

Personal Abilities

Animal Dialogue (Rank A)

Capacity to communicate with beings such as animals without a language identifiable to humans.

Ranked highly not only due to her fondness for animals, but mainly due to reportedly having been an animal Spirit herself.

Musical Performance (Rank E)

Skill at using instruments or dancing to purge Mental Interference and restore psychological stability, as well as decrease the accuracy of any projectiles thrown their way.

Daji was noted for having such abominable tastes in music and dances that this skill instead only worsens the psychological condition of those around her, filling them with nausea if not paralysing them outright.

Protection of the Faith (Rank B)

A firm protection born from belief, it is not a divine blessing from a higher being, but merely the absolute oneness of the individual's body and soul. However if Ranked too high it can cause abnormalities in the personality.

Though never outwardly expressed, this skill symbolises Daji's unwavering loyalty to Nuwa (if you believe that was the case) that she would stoop to such low means in order to fulfill the mission her goddess gave her.

Shapeshift (Rank A)

Referring to both borrowing bodies and appearance change, a method used by the illenary foxes and badgers of Ancient China.

Unlike Tamamo-no-Mae, Daji has no reserves about making full use of this skill. Even should her initial host body be destroyed she can remain in the War by possessing any woman she finds, though their Magic Circuits flaring up in response to her makes possessing magi difficult for her, and possessing a Servant seems to be physically out of the question.

Only by defeating Daji in a location where there is no available host nearby can she be truly done for, as there she will be forced to revert to her 'true' form as a non-human Spirit and thus cease to be eligible in the Grail War.

Noble Phantasms

~ Paoluo - Dance of Burning Agony (Rank C, Anti-Personnel) ~

Arguably her most infamous creation, this 'Bronze Toaster' was a barrel covered with oil placed on top of a pile of charcoal, with it slowly being heated as the victim stood on top of it. They were forced into continuously shift their feet to avoid getting burnt, yet the oil made the barrel extra slippery so at the same time they had to avoid falling off onto the burning charcoal.
    Essentially, they were doomed either way, with Daji all the while watching their pain with excitement and arousal.

When this Noble Phantasm is activated it springs up the Bronze Toaster from beneath the enemy Servant with charcoal spreading across the ground. In order to escape from this Noble Phantasm, the Servant must have high enough Endurance to resist the burning, high enough Agility to leap off of teh barrel and past the charcoal, or high enough Luck that Daji never gets a chance to call upon this Phantasm.

Alternatively, it is also possible Daji herself may dispel this Phantasm, if she does not the victim's pain to be 'amusing' enough to her tastes.

~ Queen of Beasts - Farthest Reaches of the Animal Realm (Rank A, Anti-Battalion, though differs with each Beast) ~

This Noble Phantasm is based on the 'zoological Xanadu' Zhou Xin built as one of his many extravagances unto Daji, filled with all sorts of exotic creatures from all over China and even beyond, simply to satisfy Daji's fondness of animals.

Daji may use this NP to summon forth any of the creatures that were compiled into this zoo, whether one at a time to serve as her personal mount, or all at once in a massive stampede. It should be noted though that, unsurprisingly given Daji's questionable-at-best tastes in almost everything, the appearances of most creatures within her zoo range from 'there's something unsettling about this' to outright monstrousities, mockeries of nature.

Her 'snake pit' torture method would also fall under this Noble Phantasm.

Personality

To resort to stereotypes, Daji could easily be described as 'that girl with the amazing figure who's the life of the party, but once you get past superficialties you start to wonder if she's really the right girl for you'. Or in Daji's case, right girl for anybody.

While she's always energetic, fun-loving and holds an insatiable curiousity about the world, Daji's obvious problem is she just doesn't when to stop. If you try to talk her out of, say, mutilating someone to the point of killing them, she'll merely lambast you for attempting to interrupt her 'fun'. She never gauges deeds or people on whether they are good or evil, merely whether they are any fun or not.

...Although, it's possible even this personality may be nought but a mask, one Daji became skilled at using to accomplish what could've been her real mission to her myth: to bring ruin upon the Shang Dynasty as a faithful agent of the goddess Nuwa. Going by this, Daji has no 'true' nature, whatever persona she adapts is for the sole purpose of integrating herself into the situation to dismantle it from within.

In Retrospect

Admittedly a lot of this profile is based on ideas introduced in Fengshen Yanyi, which normally I wouldn't use due to trying to avoid 'fictional' works when writing for Servants, but since the Nasuverse itself includes ideas from it in what little bit has to say on Daji, I thought "Eh, why not?".

I had the urge to post this up when I came across a fic which had Enkidu in the Rider class (shouldn't need to say which fic) and made the assumption that his NP would be like a version of GoB but with legendary beasts, maybe Ranked down to reflect his experiences with Shamhat. That led me to think of this old idea I had for Daji, and there you go.

I am fully aware though that the idea for Queen of Beasts may be too similar now to Nrvnqsr (though the beasts won't be coming from inside Daji), yet this could be fitting since both share the same creepy scientific fascination with things (all that talk of Daji knifing living people apart out of mere curiousity).

Probably not one of my better Servant profiles, as I feel I put more time and effort into and had more inspiration for my other ones such as Caligula or Richard, whereas Daji was mainly written up on impulse again.

Quote Originally Posted by NailsInYourFeet View Post
    Spoiler:
    lass
    ~ Rider (Caster and Assassin also possible)

True Identity ~ Su Daji, Ruiner of Dynasties (not her real name, merely that of the unfortunate princess she took as her host)

Gender ~ Female

Faceclaim (of her 'default' host, that of the Chinese Princess she inhabitated in her legend)

Alignment ~ Lawful Evil

Stats

Strength (C) *****
    Endurance (D) *****
    Agility (B) *****
    Magic (B) *****
    Luck (D) *****

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (Rank C)

The capacity to not merely reduce magical damage (from Rank D and above), but to nullify it altogether.

In Daji's case this is boosted by the spiritual nature of the huli jing possessing her, yet otherwise would be fairly low. Cancels spells of a two-line incantation.

Riding (A)

Talent for riding mounts and vehicles.

At this Rank the Servant can expertedly ride any Beast up to Phantasmal or Holy level. However Daji's true specialty as Rider lies in her ability to 'ride' human beings through possession (detailed below).

Personal Abilities

Animal Dialogue (Rank A)

Capacity to communicate with beings such as animals without a language identifiable to humans.

Ranked highly not only due to her fondness for animals, but mainly due to reportedly having been an animal Spirit herself.

Musical Performance (Rank E)

Skill at using instruments or dancing to purge Mental Interference and restore psychological stability, as well as decrease the accuracy of any projectiles thrown their way.

Daji was noted for having such abominable tastes in music and dances that this skill instead only worsens the psychological condition of those around her, filling them with nausea if not paralysing them outright.

Protection of the Faith (Rank B)

A firm protection born from belief, it is not a divine blessing from a higher being, but merely the absolute oneness of the individual's body and soul. However if Ranked too high it can cause abnormalities in the personality.

Though never outwardly expressed, this skill symbolises Daji's unwavering loyalty to Nuwa (if you believe that was the case) that she would stoop to such low means in order to fulfill the mission her goddess gave her.

Shapeshift (Rank A)

Referring to both borrowing bodies and appearance change, a method used by the illenary foxes and badgers of Ancient China.

Unlike Tamamo-no-Mae, Daji has no reserves about making full use of this skill. Even should her initial host body be destroyed she can remain in the War by possessing any woman she finds, though their Magic Circuits flaring up in response to her makes possessing magi difficult for her, and possessing a Servant seems to be physically out of the question.

Only by defeating Daji in a location where there is no available host nearby can she be truly done for, as there she will be forced to revert to her 'true' form as a non-human Spirit and thus cease to be eligible in the Grail War.

Noble Phantasms

~ Paoluo - Dance of Burning Agony (Rank C, Anti-Personnel) ~

Arguably her most infamous creation, this 'Bronze Toaster' was a barrel covered with oil placed on top of a pile of charcoal, with it slowly being heated as the victim stood on top of it. They were forced into continuously shift their feet to avoid getting burnt, yet the oil made the barrel extra slippery so at the same time they had to avoid falling off onto the burning charcoal.
    Essentially, they were doomed either way, with Daji all the while watching their pain with excitement and arousal.

When this Noble Phantasm is activated it springs up the Bronze Toaster from beneath the enemy Servant with charcoal spreading across the ground. In order to escape from this Noble Phantasm, the Servant must have high enough Endurance to resist the burning, high enough Agility to leap off of teh barrel and past the charcoal, or high enough Luck that Daji never gets a chance to call upon this Phantasm.

Alternatively, it is also possible Daji herself may dispel this Phantasm, if she does not the victim's pain to be 'amusing' enough to her tastes.

~ Queen of Beasts - Farthest Reaches of the Animal Realm (Rank A, Anti-Battalion, though differs with each Beast) ~

This Noble Phantasm is based on the 'zoological Xanadu' Zhou Xin built as one of his many extravagances unto Daji, filled with all sorts of exotic creatures from all over China and even beyond, simply to satisfy Daji's fondness of animals.

Daji may use this NP to summon forth any of the creatures that were compiled into this zoo, whether one at a time to serve as her personal mount, or all at once in a massive stampede. It should be noted though that, unsurprisingly given Daji's questionable-at-best tastes in almost everything, the appearances of most creatures within her zoo range from 'there's something unsettling about this' to outright monstrousities, mockeries of nature.

Her 'snake pit' torture method would also fall under this Noble Phantasm.

Personality

To resort to stereotypes, Daji could easily be described as 'that girl with the amazing figure who's the life of the party, but once you get past superficialties you start to wonder if she's really the right girl for you'. Or in Daji's case, right girl for anybody.

While she's always energetic, fun-loving and holds an insatiable curiousity about the world, Daji's obvious problem is she just doesn't when to stop. If you try to talk her out of, say, mutilating someone to the point of killing them, she'll merely lambast you for attempting to interrupt her 'fun'. She never gauges deeds or people on whether they are good or evil, merely whether they are any fun or not.

...Although, it's possible even this personality may be nought but a mask, one Daji became skilled at using to accomplish what could've been her real mission to her myth: to bring ruin upon the Shang Dynasty as a faithful agent of the goddess Nuwa. Going by this, Daji has no 'true' nature, whatever persona she adapts is for the sole purpose of integrating herself into the situation to dismantle it from within.

In Retrospect

Admittedly a lot of this profile is based on ideas introduced in Fengshen Yanyi, which normally I wouldn't use due to trying to avoid 'fictional' works when writing for Servants, but since the Nasuverse itself includes ideas from it in what little bit has to say on Daji, I thought "Eh, why not?".

I had the urge to post this up when I came across a fic which had Enkidu in the Rider class (shouldn't need to say which fic) and made the assumption that his NP would be like a version of GoB but with legendary beasts, maybe Ranked down to reflect his experiences with Shamhat. That led me to think of this old idea I had for Daji, and there you go.

I am fully aware though that the idea for Queen of Beasts may be too similar now to Nrvnqsr (though the beasts won't be coming from inside Daji), yet this could be fitting since both share the same creepy scientific fascination with things (all that talk of Daji knifing living people apart out of mere curiousity).

Probably not one of my better Servant profiles, as I feel I put more time and effort into and had more inspiration for my other ones such as Caligula or Richard, whereas Daji was mainly written up on impulse again.
    She's... interesting. She kind of reminds me of the main villain from Houshin Engi, Queen Dakki. Was Dakki based on her? I think the real problem with her profile is there is not enough detail on her as a Servant. Why would she participate and what would she be like for her Master?

That and the Burning Toaster NP was kind of silly. I can't picture a single Servant who couldn't escape that easily save maybe Zero Caster. It doesn't even work for attacking Masters as it takes too long to kill. It would work better as some kind of curse/debuff that lowers AGI by one Rank (simulating the oil) and makes it so the enemy Servant's feet burn whenever they are in contact with the ground (as if it were burning coals). The only solutions (beyond high Magic Resistance) would be to either defeat her or to get out of her range.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    in theory

str B = 40
    NP B (equals to str B+20) = 60
    NP A = 70
    NP B+ = 120
    NP A+ = 140

Rho Aias does have 7 petals, but gets a rank down by tracing
    A+ (7x20=140) -> B+ (nullify Gae Bolg)

well it would make sense that originally was rank A+! :3

so we can think that the four petals Rho Aias of Shirou as 4x20 = 80
    Str D = 20
    NP Rank D = 40
    ("+" = x2)
    Four Petals Rho Aias = 80 = NP D+

it does make sense?
    No, not really.
    "!"
    We barely had the edge in the confrontation of the Noble Phantasms.
    Bellerophon had ninety percent of its light offset by Saber's holy sword.
    According to your theory
    NP A+ = 140
    NP A++ = 210
    0.9 times 140 = 126

210(Excalibur) = 84(What Rho Aias should be) + 126 (Light that was offset by Excalibur)
    4 petal Rho Aias = D+ = 80
    Allow one rank degredation
    4 petal Rho Aias = E+ = 60
    Either way if 4 petal Rho Aias is D+ or E+ it doesn't get Bellerophon through Excalibur.

The heck's with all the numbers.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Whenever Nasu uses exact numbers, he is lying.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

I was working on this one for a fic but I thought it would be cool to share.

Name/legend:
    The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hallow

Class: Rider

Stats:
    -Strength D
    -Endurance B
    -Agility B
    -Mana C
    -Luck E

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Catalyst used: A branch from the Forest of Sleepy Hallow

Class skills
    :
    -Riding A+++: A skill so connected to his legend he is incapable of failing to operate any vehicle or tame any animal and enhance it with his own power.

Personal skills
    :
    -Monstrous Strength C: Could have originally been a dullahan
    -Wavering Presence D: The Horseman has been known to appear and disappear as he pleased, sometimes as soon as you blinked. Can be considered an inferior version of the Assassin class's skill.
    -Fear Induction C: Induces fear into the average person. Someone with great enough courage can fight off the effects.

Nobel Phantasm
    :

-Spectral Ride:
    (Support) Increase the strength, speed and endurance of whatever he rides while distorting its features to look more like a phantom, ghost or spirit. Rank A

-Jack-o-Lantern: (Support to Antil Unit depending on use) A burning pumpkin carved with a sinister face that feeds off of the fear of the surrounding area, empowering Rider and slowly increasing his stats. Rank A
    -After a certain amount of energy is gathered it can be used as an explosive projectile that will hunt down its target. C to A rank depending on charge.

-Sinister Forest: (Anti-unit) He can distort a territory enough to match his home forest, trapping his enemies within. Effect weakens without enough trees, but in a setting like a park he has full strength. If one can cross over a bridge with in the territory they can possibly escape. Rank C
    Last edited by TheDivineDemon; July 26th, 2012 at 03:29 AM.

Rho Aias as D+ was already some ranks down... a perfect projection would not have only 4 layers, sooooo...

140+80=220
    A+ = 210
    ...that was the idea.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I see... I will now be a retard for 48hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    I see... I will now be a retard for 48hrs.
    the dude who create this rule is the retard.

because he was wrong in front of KOTONORRIS, the powerful concept that lurks the BL.
    Arise, You, and then

Blog Entries
    Norris, lol, that's still wrong, since by the numbers that we're given, an A+ NP = 100. "NP rank D" would just be 20, not 40 or whatever you got. I have no idea where those ideas came from in your calculation.

B+ = 40x2 = 80
    A = 50

Therefore, going by the idea of the Gay Bulge and Raw Ass tournament, traced ass should be rank A or B+, if it sort-of loses in the battle of the bulge. Giving a rank-up to either of those, accounting for the rank-down from Archer's being a copy, makes the original most likely A+ in rank. Probably.

But regardless of that it's A+ in the sheet so that's that. Math is useless, because this is the Nasuverse. Fancy Western letters determine everything instead; just look at Hercules.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

NP of any rank is equivalent of an attack of STR of the same rank, as i said before.

STR A = 50
    NP A = 70
    NP A+ = 140
    NP A++ = 210

Blog Entries
    No.

Just no. You're pulling this out of thin air.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No.

Just no. You're pulling this out of thin air.
    I believe he's extending the Magecraft A = NP C to STR as well.

Blog Entries
    He's still messing with the existing numbers in a way that makes no sense, though. :P

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    He's still messing with the existing numbers in a way that makes no sense, though. :P
    Yeah I dunno what's up with the numbers in general, just peeped in to say that.

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Param...lls#Parameters

people don't like this wikia, but it's quite organized and they put the references.

ah. and i'll want the link to the BL wiki too, i don't remember the URL.