Page 139 of 782 FirstFirst ... 3989129134137138139140141144149189239639 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

So, quite a while back I made an Asura profile, but I don't think I did it justice. Would you other awesome people get together with me and brainstorm how we can do him justice?

The Jacks #4

Servant: Archer (Qualifies more for Caster if not for his independent nature)

True Identity:
    Jack Frost

Alignment:
    Neutral (He's a force of nature, literally)

Parameters-
    Strength: (D)
    Endurance: (C)
    Agility: (A)
    Magic : (A+)
    Luck: (B)

Class skills:

Independent Action: (A+) While he has earned his spot in lore he is primarily an Elemental. He can exist without a master but will not have access to his Noble Phantasms or any other benefit of being a servant without one. Plus, he likes to wonder.

Magical Resistance: (B-) Most modern forms of magecraft do not work on him with the exception of fire spells.

Personal Skills:

Winter's Presence: (A) Jack's mere presence states the beginning of winter and as such he has a great degree of Cryokinesis. Freezing things with just a touch or even a breath. This ability is also what qualifies him for Archer Class.

Shadow my Shadow: (C) In some legends Jack is the shadow of the ground hog that predicts the length of winter. This allows himself a limited version of Assassin's Presence Concealment as long as he is in the shadows. This does not extend to the night sky.

Noble Phantasm:

Winter Wonderland: (Terrain Change, A) An ability not unlike how a demon uses their Reality Marbles to change the terrain around them to something that makes sense to them. With this ability activated Archer is giving himself the home field advantage by summoning a massive storm that would soon blanket the area in snow, sleet and ice, clouding his foe's vision and amplifying his already power Cryokinesis. Even the summer heat can't stop him now.

Awakening Father North:
    (Transition, A) Over the years many legends have become muddled together but few more than that of the snow personifications. And one of Jack's many stories depict him as an aging man though out the winter season, going from a fun loving mischievous sprite to a cold old man. By activating this ability Jack is allowing himself to be consumed by the identity of the strong northern ice, changing himself and his stats.
    Father North is a much colder, harsher, man than the fun loving Jack. Taking everything with a deadly seriousness and focus.

Strength: (A) Endurance: (A) Agility: (E) Magic : (A+) Luck: (D)

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

Something is messing with me, either the site or my computer so if it looks bunched up my bad.

Also, I was tempted to make him a Lancer instead of Archer because of that movie coming out, The Guardians. But flinging giant icicles seems like fun so, yeah.
    Last edited by TheDivineDemon; August 29th, 2012 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Don't quote me and say that, I didn't confuse shit. You get eternal arms mastership for being the best dude of your era when it comes to fighting and shit, like I said. I was pointing out that Hercules being so the best at everything that he can easily slip into any class means that he was the best dude of his era by far. If you go by the qualifications of the skill, Hercules should have had some level of it, but he didn't because that's not Nasu's Berserker aesthetic.
    My apologies for the misunderstanding, but you do seem to have confused something...

Eternal Arms Mastership (無窮の武練, Mukyū no Buren) prevents degradation of fighting skills when under the effect of mental hindrance.

• A+: Mastership of combat arts has reached the point of being said to be unrivaled in one's era. By complete merging of mind, body and technique, it is possible to make use of full fighting skills even when under the influence of any sort of mental hindrance.

Uh, yeah, nowhere does it say that being the best of your era is the requirement for possessing the skill, only that someone with such a high Rank in it would be said to be the best in his/her era (and that's not even really true in Lancelot's case 'cuz people in his era didn't go around saying he was the greatest of the knights). Herc isn't famous for fighting like a kung-fu genius even when he's going nuts, he's famous for flipping the hell out to the point where even allies are in danger, so obviously he wouldn't get even a low Rank in Eternal Arms Mastership. It just so happens that Lancelot was such a genius at fighting that he could fight at full effectiveness even while someone/something was messing with his mind but such skill was never truly demonstrated in his legends. Is it Gen wanking Lancelot to make him a more dangerous Berserker? Yeah, I never denied that.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
    The reason for Speak and He Shall Appear, is because of the following reasons.
    When marching his actual armies, whenever they were hungry or thirsty he yelled, since you know he was on a horse and further then most infantry, that he shall a garden of peaches etc and they should hurry the hell up to go eat it, so then everyone would start running like crazy ad apparently his enemies were just freaking shocked that his armies had reached them so quickly.
    The other is, in China, "Speak Of Cao Cao, Cao Cao appears." Is an actual saying.
    Sound familiar? "Speak Of The Devil and He Shall Appear." See this? China made a saying just like it before they heard of the Devil. Speaks volumes about him and it's too good to pass up as an NP.
    So while he has very powerful skills and NP, he also isn't that great of a fighter himself, well, not as crazy and focused as the more awesome people of his time.
    I didn't mean haxx in the sense that he's overpowered (though that ability really is cheap if used properly), but in the sense that he has an ability that can be abused (again, it'd actually be better for him if he let everyone know his true identity in hopes of enemy Masters speaking his name) and he can be insanely difficult to pin down (which fits his legend rather well actually). There needs to be some kind of nerf to his "Speak and He Shall Appear" NP or he'd eventually slaughter all the enemy Masters after revealing his true name. Didn't know the Chinese had that saying about him though. Pretty amusing bit of trivia there!

Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    So, quite a while back I made an Asura profile, but I don't think I did it justice. Would you other awesome people get together with me and brainstorm how we can do him justice?
    You mean the guy from Asura's Wrath? Haven't played the game yet though I saw fights from two of the Lost Episodes DLC on YouTube... didn't he punch Ryu all the way to the moon from Earth and then deflect a karate chop from Oni/Akuma that split the moon in half? Methinks his STR would be EX cuz' I can't even begin to calculate how much brute force would be required for such feats.

Blog Entries
    一つの時代で無双を誇るまでに到達した武芸の手練。

The grammatical construction here is closest to something like "this car model boasts a high resale value" or "an event that boasts a long history". As in "it's true and something to be proud of" moreso than "it's something people say about it". It's just awkward to say "to the point of boasting matchlessness" in English. You don't actually have to be famous for fighting well under mental hindrances, clearly, because like you noted Lancelot wasn't.

The first part is what the skill is: "mastership of fighting to the point of boasting matchlessness in an era". The second part is what that entails: complete merging of mind, body, and technique = level of resistance to mental hindrances for given skill rank.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    See, this is why natural language is unsuitable for logical reasoning. Too much ambiguity, too few clear categorical premises.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Methinks his STR would be EX cuz' I can't even begin to calculate how much brute force would be required for such feats.
    Repeat after me:

Servant containers nerf heroes.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Counterpoint: Asura. He something something wrath, something something power. Container un-nerfed. Don't fuck with Asura.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    一つの時代で無双を誇るまでに到達した武芸の手練。

The grammatical construction here is closest to something like "this car model boasts a high resale value" or "an event that boasts a long history". As in "it's true and something to be proud of" moreso than "it's something people say about it". It's just awkward to say "to the point of boasting matchlessness" in English. You don't actually have to be famous for fighting well under mental hindrances, clearly, because like you noted Lancelot wasn't.

The first part is what the skill is: "mastership of fighting to the point of boasting matchlessness in an era". The second part is what that entails: complete merging of mind, body, and technique = level of resistance to mental hindrances for given skill rank.
    Wow. That is a mouthful... Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    See, this is why natural language is unsuitable for logical reasoning. Too much ambiguity, too few clear categorical premises.
    Well they say "something gets lost in the translation" for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Repeat after me:

Servant containers nerf heroes.
    Counterpoint: Were any of the Servants summoned so haxx as to uppercut a man from the Earth to the Moon when they were alive? Asura is so physically beyond the feats of anyone summoned in any of the canon Fate works as to be insane. Even Herc can't boast of deflecting moon-splitting karate chops or punching through country-wrecking lasers. To give a simplified example, even nerfed horribly, 25% of a power-level well over 9,000 is still at least a power-level of 2,250 (enough to manhandle Raditz like he was a small child). That's like saying someone somehow summons a high-tier DBZ character (without instantly dying from the prana requirements) and he's nerfed so bad that even weaker Servants stand a chance. Unless the summoning as a Servant reduces Asura to a mere fraction of what he once was, he's still going to be ragdolling everyone.

Blog Entries
    He'd be summoned with the stats of a normal human because the Grail can't handle him. This would make him so mad that he'd buff himself up to his normal stats in no time. And then the young girl that summoned him gets killed and instead of fading away his anger would turn into a self-sustaining perpetual energy system and he'd multiclass into Berserker to tear everything up:

You can't stop the power of the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox ANGER ARCHER.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Even Herc can't boast of deflecting moon-splitting karate chops or punching through country-wrecking lasers.
    Heracles has the distinction of holding the entire heavens on his back. The lesser flanderized form we're familiar with is still holding up the entire planet on his back.

Blog Entries
    Yes, but Hercules never fictionally existed while as you can see from the videos Asura is a real fictional dude running around and doing stuff.

Also, it's the modern era. "Holding up the entire planet on your back" amounts to lying on the ground and being very, very persuasive when people ask what you're doing.
    Last edited by Mcjon01; August 27th, 2012 at 12:30 PM.

So just as a question, would someone like Neil Armstrong qualify as a heroic spirit, because I always thought that the qualification of a heroic spirit was either their impact on humanity, the amazingness of their feats, or just generally being famous and well known.

Also, since Shakespeare and Dumas somehow qualified as servants, does that mean that most famous to semi-famous authors qualify as Casters?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusCell View Post
    So just as a question, would someone like Neil Armstrong qualify as a heroic spirit, because I always thought that the qualification of a heroic spirit was either their impact on humanity, the amazingness of their feats, or just generally being famous and well known.
    According to definition, if anything, the Saturn rocket would be the Heroic Spirit in that case. Armstrong just happened to be the dude they put on top of the rocket.
    If he actually flied to the Moon by flapping arms, then he would meet the criteria.

Also, since Shakespeare and Dumas somehow qualified as servants, does that mean that most famous to semi-famous authors qualify as Casters?
    Those Servants are not official, depending on how hardcore a fan you are, lol.
    Last edited by food; August 27th, 2012 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    According to definition, if anything, the Saturn rocket would be the Heroic Spirit in that case. Armstrong just happened to be the dude they put on top of the rocket.
    If he actually flied to the Moon by flapping arms, then he would meet the criteria.
    To be fair, by the definition, Armstrong might just qualify because unlike with a gun, it really wasn't something almost anyone could achieve. A rather disturbing amount of the critical parts of the flight had to be manually piloted by him.

Imagine playing Lunar Lander except if you screw up you really did die (either via explosion or slowly running out of air while stranded on the moon). I think Armstrong only had 45 seconds left of fuel (this is the fuel needed to blast off again) when he landed.

It turned out because of something they didn't anticipate (slosh) Armstrong had less fuel for the lunar landing than they had prepared for (subsequent missions brought more fuel) so yeah.

Furthermore, that was just his ultimate achievement. He was a pretty badass test pilot as well.
    Last edited by ChronoReverse; August 27th, 2012 at 06:36 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The problem is that Nasu is a hater of technology.

If you are not riding a chariot with wings and flied to the moon, you cannot be a Heroic Spirit.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    But it's still Neil Armstrong that's revered as "the first man to walk on the moon." Lunar Lander is inconsequential.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    But it's still Neil Armstrong that's revered as "the first man to walk on the moon." Lunar Lander is inconsequential.
    I always imagined that it was the symbolization of Neil Armstrong's achievements that made him a hero, you know, inspiring mankind, paving the way to a new frontier, yatta yatta.

Plus, its more of the achievement itself then the way they achieved it that matters right?

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    Heracles has the distinction of holding the entire heavens on his back. The lesser flanderized form we're familiar with is still holding up the entire planet on his back.
    Can't believe I forgot about that (how heavy are the heavens in Greek mythology anyway). And he's still only A+ STR even with Illya as a Master. Being a Servant really does nerf you like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusCell View Post
    I always imagined that it was the symbolization of Neil Armstrong's achievements that made him a hero, you know, inspiring mankind, paving the way to a new frontier, yatta yatta.

Plus, its more of the achievement itself then the way they achieved it that matters right?
    Like food said, the problem is Nasu is so anti-technology for some reason. Pretty sure Nasu would shoot that idea down, though obviously we have no such restrictions in this thread.

Blog Entries
    I bet if you asked him right now Nasu would be forced to say he'd qualify as a Heroic Spirit, because Takeuchi would remind him that the guy just died and saying anything that could be seen as insensitive could very well start a new world war.

If Francis Drake qualifies (lol Extra), then Armstrong totally qualifies (lol Extra).