Thread: UBW Anime - ufotable's virtue is in a state of quantum uncertainty

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Gil has bad magic resistance, he just has items in his vault and his armor that can block magic. Illya's mystic eyes are the charming/hypnoting type, i doubt his armor would help against that unless it included a helmet or some gold-tinged shades.
    Dude, read Fate. He pulls an object out to deflect Illya's blast.

Quote Originally Posted by The eighth servant
    ""I don't know. I don't know you. A Servant I don't know about shouldn't exist…!"

"Wha-----hold on, Illya!"

My call to restrain her comes too late.

The cluster of magical energy Ilya releases shoots straight for that man.

A clanging sound.
    The man didn't do anything.
    A mirror-like shield appeared in front of him and reflected Illya's magical energy shot.
    Whereas here, in UBW, he dun give a fuck and let Rin's wash right over him.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    And Caster. And Rider. And Shinji.
    There was a bit about loli Caster in one of the Tiger Dojos IIRC, but I'm pretty sure that you're joking about Medusa and Shinji. Also, I only mentioned Illya and Shielder because it brings the total to 5, same as Tsukihime.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Dude, read Fate. He pulls an object out to deflect Illya's blast.

Whereas here, in UBW, he dun give a fuck and let Rin's wash right over him.
    But more importantly:

"Watch what you say. No one gives orders to a king, you lowlife!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Bit of an over-reaction?
    You implied that I do not know what I have and haven't read, aka an idiot. That is being a cunt.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LoliVampLover View Post
    There was a bit about loli Caster in one of the Tiger Dojos IIRC, but I'm pretty sure that you're joking about Medusa and Shinji. Also, I only mentioned Illya and Shielder because it brings the total to 5, same as Tsukihime.
    Literally in my sig.

Scrapped Routes

- Rejected Routes [Other]
    Source: Fate/side material (2004-1-30), p.072 Fate Dictionary
    Exactly what it sounds like. Route ideas that didn't make the cut.
    In the beginning, the plan was for Fate/stay night to have four different routes, one for each heroine.
    It would start off by letting the player arbitrarily choose between playing as either Shirou or Rin. Then around the middle of the story they would finally meet, and after that you would branch off into one of the four routes for the last half of the game. Yeah, I don't really understand how it was going to work either.
    Anyway, getting back to the rejected routes, it goes without saying that the Illya route tops the list.
    Besides that, there was also the "Rider route where you fight against Rin and Saber", and the "Caster route where Caster gets turned into a loli and becomes your partner".
    While all traces of the Caster route were completely erased, the development where you teamed up with Rider was actually folded into part of the final story.
    If the Illya route had made it into the game, the diversion point probably would have been on the ninth day of the Sakura route. Instead of choosing between being a superhero and choosing Sakura, there would be a third choice where you could choose Illya.
    But unfortunately, as it stands that choice doesn't exist.
    (McJon01’s Encyclopedia of Type Moon; Side Material - Rejected Routes)

- A heroine candidate that vanished without a trace during the plotting stage.
    Unfortunately, though, she had to be cut for the sake of keeping things manageable for the player.
    After all, around this point, the plot itself was starting to stray. Not only Rider, but even Caster was a potential heroine candidate. It was terrifyingly chaotic.
    Hmm? Fuji-nee? I don't know what you're talking about, Fuji-nee never had a main route even during the plotting stage.
    (McJon01’s Encyclopedia of Type Moon; Side Material - Stray Servant)

- Nasu: "That's right, when I finished writing the Saber and Rin route all in one go, part of me thought the game wouldn't be settled unless I flipped it over. As the theme of Fate/stay night, if we assume the Saber route to be posing a question, the Rin route is the answer and the Sakura route is a practical application. In the beginning there were plans for an Illya route, but if we were to add it, the game would have wound up being incredibly huge. So we had this plan to release the Saber route and Rin route as "Fate/stay night", and the Illya route and Sakura route as "Fate/other night". But when we thought of the 8800 yen price, we decided we should include the Sakura route after all, so in the end, we decided to combine the Illya route and Sakura route into one route. So, although it had been finished during 2002, we took more time to reorganize the plot in January or February of the following year."
    Then some stuff about how the readers said the transition between the original routes and HF was too sudden (because it was)
    (Forum Source)
    [From Fate/Secret Book]

- During the plotting stage, she actually had her own route.
    However, if we had tried to make it, it would have delayed the release of Fate/Stay Night by another half a year. Rest in peace, Illya route.
    (McJon01’s Encyclopedia of Type Moon; Side Material - Illyasviel Von Einzbern)

- Ah, it's so disappointing. A Caster route would have been great, dammit! Especially the part where you get stabbed in the back while having an affair with Rider…
    (McJon01’s Encyclopedia of Type Moon; Side Material - Caster)

- Originally there was going to be an option to accept his invitation to join forces in the Saber route, but tragically we ran out of time and were forced to cut it.
    Ah, if we'd included that route (let's call it the "Shinji route"), players would have gotten to see a bit of Shinji's good side, but there was just no way. Please, find it in your hearts to forgive us!
    (McJon01’s Encyclopedia of Type Moon; Side Material - Matou Shinji)

[Fate getting locked down to four routes after plotting aside, I count at least seven concepted routes: Saber, Rin, Sakura, Ilya, Caster, Rider and Stray Servant. Shinji’s route might have been its own thing or part of the Rider route concept, for example.]
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Anyone else noticed that Dark Iri looks like Rider?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    You implied that I do not know what I have and haven't read, aka an idiot. That is being a cunt.
    And that is a pretty sure way to get yourself to a cooling.
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    Uhhh...

You might want to refresh yourself on the new vitriol policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LoliVampLover View Post
    Rejected Routes [Other]
    Source: Fate/side material (2004-1-30), p.072
    Fate Dictionary

Exactly what it sounds like. Route ideas that didn't make the cut.
    In the beginning, the plan was for Fate/stay night to have four different routes, one for each heroine.
    It would start off by letting the player arbitrarily choose between playing as either Shirou or Rin. Then around the middle of the story they would finally meet, and after that you would branch off into one of the four routes for the last half of the game. Yeah, I don't really understand how it was going to work either.
    Anyway, getting back to the rejected routes, it goes without saying that the Illya route tops the list.
    Besides that, there was also the "Rider route where you fight against Rin and Saber", and the "Caster route where Caster gets turned into a loli and becomes your partner".
    While all traces of the Caster route were completely erased, the development where you teamed up with Rider was actually folded into part of the final story.
    If the Illya route had made it into the game, the diversion point probably would have been on the ninth day of the Sakura route. Instead of choosing between being a superhero and choosing Sakura, there would be a third choice where you could choose Illya.
    But unfortunately, as it stands that choice doesn't exist.
    Matou Shinji [Person]
    Source: Fate/side material (2004-1-30), p.074
    Fate Dictionary

Shirou's friend. Sakura's older brother.
    As Rider's Master, Shirou comes into conflict with him on numerous occasions.
    Though he is selfish and has the bad habit of looking down on other people, he is virtuous in his own way, and while he may be warped he is not actually a bad person.
    He values rules (but he doesn't follow them himself), he hates injustice (if he's not the one responsible), and he is kind to women (excepting "his" women, of course). As you can see, he's clearly a pretty cool guy.
    Due to the gap between his "ideal world" and the world he actually lives in, his personality has become warped, but when Shirou first made his acquaintance four years ago he wasn't nearly as bad as he is now.
    As you might expect, he stumbled across Shirou doing menial tasks for people free of charge, and despite (seriously) deriding him as an idiot from behind his back, he hung around with him until he was done. At the end of the day, Shinji laughed as if he was having a good time, and exclaimed, "You may be an idiot, but you sure do good work, at least!"
    Perhaps Shirou appreciated Shinji's honesty despite his foul mouth, because afterward they became friends.
    Though Shinji often made fun of him, in the shadows he socially assassinated anybody that took advantage of Shirou, and frequently invited him over to his house to hang out. It seems they really were close.
    However, as you know, for a temperamental genius like Shinji even a friend of many years is not safe from suddenly becoming his enemy for incomprehensible reasons.
    Basically, he's the kind of person that's reliable when he's on your side but ends up being really troublesome if he turns on you.
    Originally there was going to be an option to accept his invitation to join forces in the Saber route, but tragically we ran out of time and were forced to cut it.
    Ah, if we'd included that route (let's call it the "Shinji route"), players would have gotten to see a bit of Shinji's good side, but there was just no way. Please, find it in your hearts to forgive us!
    Stray Servant [Other]
    Source: Fate/side material (2004-1-30), p.069
    Fate Dictionary

A heroine candidate that vanished without a trace during the plotting stage.
    She was conceived of as an "abandoned puppy" type heroine, who killed her Master and went on a rampage.
    As a Servant of the shield, she was going to be a rival to Saber, the Servant of the sword, but…
    Just like Gilgamesh, she would have been a Servant that had remained behind after the previous Grail War. Unfortunately, though, she had to be cut for the sake of keeping things manageable for the player.
    After all, around this point, the plot itself was starting to stray. Not only Rider, but even Caster was a potential heroine candidate. It was terrifyingly chaotic.
    Hmm? Fuji-nee? I don't know what you're talking about, Fuji-nee never had a main route even during the plotting stage.
    Lotta routes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Lotta routes.
    You are so sniped.

Enough discussion of Orivaa's language in the thread, please. We'll take it somewhere else.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Lotta routes.
    Insert gif of Oprah pointing to everyone and yelling "You get a route! And you get a route! Everyone gets a route!!"
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Insert gif of Oprah pointing to everyone and yelling "You get a route! And you get a route! Everyone gets a route!!"
    If you could get a new route, what route would you go about going to get?
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Queen of Love and Beauty GhostDIGIT's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by @Leo View Post
    A Saber Alter route would be nice but if I really had to choose I'd say Rider.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Even up to the point of dividing it into multiple games (I think something similar was done with Clannad and Shuffle). Impressive.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by @Leo View Post
    I don't need to spell it out.

- - - Updated - - -

The homunculus pit was so Evangelion. I loved it. Illya the best Rei clone.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mirakura View Post
    We know he doesn't. *Points at Fate route*
    You can say many things about Saber, but not that she has actual muscles.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    a decent saber route
    Accepted but DQ'd, not new. Make a real statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    You can say many things about Saber, but not that she has actual muscles.
    Does a heart count?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    The homunculus pit was so Evangelion.
    Yeah, this was pretty much my reaction.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I don't need to spell it out.

- - - Updated - - -

The homunculus pit was so Evangelion. I loved it. Illya the best Rei clone.
    ... Hold on. I need to post something in the Crack Pairings thread.