Page 222 of 286 FirstFirst ... 122172212217220221222223224227232272 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,440 of 5703

Thread: [FGO JP Main Chapter] Lostbelt 7: Nahui Mictlan ~ The One Who Rules the Planet

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Updated the last part of Nito Alter's profile.

If she trashed all of them why is Tezca there as Berserker and why is he still around after 'dying'? Why is Hassan there as Grand when Tezca's dialogue says he wasn't around as a candidate anymore so this thing got foisted on him?

It seems pretty suspect, especially with the holy sword not even recognising her as a threat to humanity. So I don't think you can conclusively say it happened as depicted.

This ORT marathon is such a slog, good lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    I feel like any interpretation other than "it happened" is actual coping. They never 'clear it up', because it was obviously always supposed to be a flashback.
    I do think it happened (for all intents and purposes, a "dream" could be just as real as anything else, to be fair), but it's the "how" of it that becomes an enigmatic matter.

If we do assume it's a flashback, and that it then has to happen between Olympus and Mictlan, that means KH already left his seat vacant. Did he get resummoned anyway? Are we supposed to ignore the gameplay stand-ins in lieu of not knowing what Grands actually got summoned? If so, I would've originally said maybe Daybit did have an actual Grand Berserker that got beat up by Olga and that wasn't Tezca (after all, Tezca still doesn't fit well with all the stuff that Servant said, I think, and it would explain why there's never anything Grand-related brought up with Tezca at all), but that means since Daybit summoned Tezca so long ago, he would've had Tezca AND the Grand as his Servants, which of course is possible but never even implied or hinted at elsewhere by anyone. Likewise, we almost have to ignore the actual sprites used since otherwise it means Tezca was offed by Olga but is still around (and I think he said the human body was something he made early?). A possibility is Tezca sliding in a possible future where that happened, which I originally suspected Daybit's missing CS was for, but now we know what it was used for, so if he needed a CS to utilize that Authority, of course that doesn't work either.

Regardless of what actually happened, I think we at least have to ignore the in-game sprites, since there are too many contrivances that would need to come into play for that to work. Still, what sort of event took place which is easily reconciled with other events we do know about I think isn't so easy to figure out, and who knows if they'll bring this up within CHALDEAS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    Spoiler:

FUCK WHAT WAS THE POINT OF ANY OF THIS
    STOP KILLING THE CHARACTERS I LIKE

uh yeah fun arc, totallly...
    U-Olga arc is finished, but not Olga Marie arc. Wait for when the Count revive her but as U-Olga Alter, who is actually a mentally unstable (more) Olga Marie.

It's a little strange that Gramps rescinding his title appears to be a permanent fixture in mobile, while the same one from Babylonia slides into Arcade retaining his Grand saint graph.

That said it makes more sense that stepping down means your seat is vacant until someone else fills it. I don't see the point of sacrificing their crown for X feat if it's just "I'm using up my power in this manifestation. See you again soon!"

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post
    U-Olga arc is finished, but not Olga Marie arc. Wait for when the Count revive her but as U-Olga Alter, who is actually a mentally unstable (more) Olga Marie.
    U-Olga didn't even show off her NP. She'll def be back.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gelious's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Are we supposed to ignore the gameplay stand-ins in lieu of not knowing what Grands actually got summoned?
    I always thought that was a given and was surprised people took gameplay aspect so serious. I mean If Artoria freaking Caster being Grand Saber doesn't scream "this is just for fun", I don't know what is. On top of First Hassan being there.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Except Artoria Caster being Grand Saber was a dropped plot point in LB6

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gelious's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    Except Artoria Caster being Grand Saber was a dropped plot point in LB6
    Exactly. Dropped. If it never made it into actual plot, why does it matter?

This is Nasu, it just means he's gonna use it again someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Nasu's exact words were "only the old man of the mountain can be Grand Assassin". This is the first Hassan's official title, yes. The rule was definitely designed with him in mind. But the world needs a Grand Assassin, which has to be an old man of the mountain and THE old man of the mountain. And there is Tezcatlipoca, who is super ancient and is the
    Heart of the mountains
    Tepeyollotl
    . Thus, Tezca is the old man of the mountain. Can be punned into the Grand Assassin crown out of in-universe bullshit induced by the lack of candidates.

Expect Grand Caster Touko when we run out of valid Grand Casters because she's a mage ranked Grand.
    This is bullshit but I can forgive bullshiting things because that's the Fate way of doing things. What I can't is what is even the point of the "Only can be the old man of the mointain" rule if your only old man of the mountain resign and you need to bullshitting a new old man of the mountain who is also a strong guy. The idea behind Grand Assassin should be "it can kill things super super good".

But maybe I getting ahead of myself because the Tezcatlipoca thing is still weird and he is sus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sath View Post
    It's a little strange that Gramps rescinding his title appears to be a permanent fixture in mobile, while the same one from Babylonia slides into Arcade retaining his Grand saint graph.

That said it makes more sense that stepping down means your seat is vacant until someone else fills it. I don't see the point of sacrificing their crown for X feat if it's just "I'm using up my power in this manifestation. See you again soon!"
    That one I can chalk it to the different timelines as the only explanation.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm a wholehearted supporter of "battle sprites are in no way indicative of who the battled Grands actually are" because Taigong loses a lot of moe points if the things he's talking out of his ass are actually true.

The way the world operates on the choice feels rather like how a machine would. "Must be Old man of the Mountain", "If you go against your purpose your seat is resigned", "Seats must always be filled". Therefore the program searches for "Old Man of the Mountain" once it realizes the Assassin seat is missing and goes for whatever fits the best to make sure all its boxes are checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Sath View Post
    The throne might be outside of time and space but timelines obviously have to adhere to some sort of system where they don't have full access all the time. Just as how FGO timeline apparently had to wait for the event of someone registering into the throne happening to summon them, it's very likely rescinding one's title in one timeline might not do the same in another (as dumb as that is really but whatever).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
    Exactly. Dropped. If it never made it into actual plot, why does it matter?
    The actual CASTER Artoria obviously only references the first two ascensions of that unit, and the actual Castoria we travel with in the story. Once she enters third ascension in story she's literally the embodiment of holy swords, and the guardian of the holy sword which comes in response to humanity's prayers. The only reason the actual gameplay unit isn't saber at this point is because changing the class of someone with ascensions is way too high-tech for DW/Lasengle and also it'd kinda spoil the whole thing really. The fact that Nasu wrote "Grand Saber appears" for castoria in LB6 and didn't include it in the actual game later doesn't mean anything when he also releases that script for everyone to read AND we get to be reminded of it IN GAME with that battle.

Like, why would the EMBODIMENT OF HOLY SWORDS not be a Grand Saber candidate just because an alternate version of them in-game is Caster??

- - - Updated - - -

Also, when you think about it, Daybit was a real chuuni boy, huh. Considering where his first name stems from, he pretty much must have just given himself his current name after the incident when he was 10 years old, which means he picked Daybit based on his memory condition, Sem presumably to honor his dead dad('s research), and perhaps Void in reference to his own existence?

Man was living up the chuuni life.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    It does say ORT loses a life in the scene and the sound que proceeding the bar depletion is what comes before Shiki lands an Arc Drive/Last Arc in Lumina. Please clap harder.
    Never noticed the sound effect. But it makes sense since there is nothing else that can even be appointed as a payoff to Rasputin pointing out that Tepeu has MEoDP. Otherwise it falls on the side of pointless fanservice because Tepeu isn't rly that similar to Shiki.
    Here's to the anime in 2035 showing that scene, since it is mentioned in passing by the text.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post
    I actually look at it differently. The fact she's amnesiac here tells me this is who Olga really is. Buried beneath under all of the stress, and suffering, and the crushing expectations, and the schemes concocted by her Asshole Dad, there is a genuinely good person who wants the best for everyone. It is all this other crap Olga has constantly been bombarded with non-stop that makes her as prickly as we find her in the Prologue of the game.

I know we're not done with U-Olga Marie because we're gonna deal with CHALDEAS next (hopefully). And on top of gameplay shenanigans like her NP, we're also not privy to everything regarding how throwing Olga into CHALDEAS leads to her dressing up as an Alien President who antagonizes Novum Chaldea. What is it U-Olga lost in her memories that would make her incompatible as an ally, should she regain them? We still need to find that out. In LB7.2 Olga hesitates helping Chaldea further simply because, to put it bluntly, we took advantage of her predicament and she was shaken by that. When she sacrifices herself she still has zero memories back.
    Last edited by TomPen94; February 5th, 2023 at 01:03 PM.
    burn your dread you coward

Still kind of wish they had a cutscene showing Tepeu actually using MeoDP like how Comun described but I'm just going to chalk it up to "they were already in a hurry to begin with"

I just checked and indeed when you get to the purple bar and go back to the map, the sound effect is the exact same as before Shiki does the last hit of his Arc Drive., or first hit of his Last Arc. Actually clapping IRL right now.

Added the videos, first one at 42:20 if this thing doesn't work.
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Kirishima; February 5th, 2023 at 01:23 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Link0306's Avatar
    Lostbelt 7 Realta Nua coming soon™

Also realized another parallel between the Tiamat and ORT fight: They wanted to use Gugalanna against Tiamat, but we all know what happened then. This time, Eresh actually used Gugalanna against ORT! Eresh > Ishtar once again

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    U-Olga didn't even show off her NP. She'll def be back.
    I just realized something. Olga was thrown into CHALDEAS, and was experimented on in their A51 and all that jazz we already know, and now that we know UOM was a Servant, that means it would've gotten summoned "from" Olga, taking her personality as "base" or whatever. But if UOM was a Servant, it would have to be summoned, and of course it got its body in Olympus, not like it possessed Olga inside CHALDEAS and then just popped out. That is to say, UOM disappeared in LB7 (for now), but for all we know, the actual Olga should still exist within CHALDEAS, no? If the A51 we connected to in Traum is the one inside CHALDEAS, I would assume she was moved from there, but still, I can very much see us finding the real one in there when we pop inside.

Also, what became of that "mansion" or whatever Rasputin/UOM mentioned in 7.1? I feel like that never came up again either.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no