Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 381112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Sage's Storeroom.

The War: Re-Ignited

Disclaimer: I do not make money from this.

Chapter One : Prologue.

The twin bladed helicopter was a sturdy and reliable work horse, but that did not make the ride any more comfortable for Yamada Karachi.

Beeps and alarms suddenly went off in his ride.

“Missile lock is on us, sir.” The Pilot informed him, and the forty-something man gave a soft grunt.

“I’ll be walking the rest of the way, youngster.” Yamada used to not make a habit of calling people half his age youngster, but he found it therapeutic nowadays. The government official knew that he was just reminding himself that there were still young men and women around, and he didn’t try to reject it. There were far too many, less healthy ways of coping. “Just set down right where we are.”

“We’re still in the canopy of trees sir.” The pilot stated and Yamada took a deep breath.

“Check again.”

“The tree’s aren’t going to just go away…”

Yamada took an idle glance out of the slanted port window of the twin-blade and gave a small chuckle. The middle-aged man imagined the number of motors needed to power the system of tarps, and knew well enough that it was probably dozens of times more efficient than what they had in stock.

Not to mention that the man he supposed made all of it was standing there as well, holding a decidedly unimportant-looking device in his hand.

The helicopter barely touched down before Yamada let himself out, he nearly sprained his ankle on the small drop. The man’s experience in politics still allowed him to keep a straight face while his ankle throbbed.

“Is it safe to assume you still feel some national respect, given we are still alive?” Yamada inquired, both as a joke and a serious question. The man before him was clad like a fisherman like the rest lounging about the trees. The small arms and blades on the dozen or so men told a different story to the jokes running rampant, but the one before him was doubtlessly the most dangerous of them all. “Emiya-san?”

The dull eyes of the man became intensely sharp, and the clearing suddenly became deadly silent. Yamada’s eyes glanced towards the numerous fighters around him, as they were most certainly not soldiers. His thoughts idly reminded him about the reports of the resistance movement in the Caribbean, and that those fighters were doing a grand job of holding off the US marines.

Kiritsugu Emiya regarded him, making Yamada feel like a piece of meat in the process. Yamada accepted that fact with remarkable calm, he knew of disposability well enough. The man gave a small wave, and the silence died as the many men began to chatter once more. Yamada gave them a cursory glance that he meant for Kiritsugu to see.

“You trained them well.” Yamada noted as he quickly followed the man in question. “That bodes well for my proposition if that’s the finished product.”

Kiritsugu stopped so suddenly Yamada felt himself stiffed in preparation for death. The man didn’t even turn, before emitting a slow whistle. The younger of the two men’s gazes fell on Yamada’s chest, and the man in question followed with his own.

A red dot flitted away from his heart a mere second his gaze landed upon it.

“I gathered them together.” Emiya Kiritsugu stated suddenly, “They’re all that remains of this country’s military.”

Yamada gave a small chuckle.

“It must have been difficult ferrying them all here.”

They passed by another twin-rotor helicopter, an old US Chinook if Yamada remembered correctly. It was well maintained, though the lack of windows made it apparent that it was no longer to fly at the altitudes it was supposed to.

“Not as difficult as you’d think.” The dull-eyed man stated dryly. Yamada would’ve thought it a joke, but it sounded too much alike a statement of fact to be one. “Their navy may have been annihilated by yours, but their airlift capabilities certainly saved their lives.”

Yamada’s small smirk faltered ever so slightly, there would be problems abound if the man had problems about Japan’s expansions. Many citizens were abhorrent to the fact, even though Japan’s hyper-dense population centers had effectively turned many areas into wastelands. The higher the population in an area, the more it was effectively destroyed.

“So how have you been?” Yamada inquired, ignoring the sharp jab into the more controversial aspects of his work, as any good politician did. “Have you been enjoying yourself here?”

The look he was given questioned his sanity, but Yamada kept up his facsimile good nature.

“I suspect that this place survived much better than most.” Kiritsugu afforded him a small amount of sarcasm. Yamada ignored the fact that his target effectively knew his game, but knowing he was actively pressing even the smallest of buttons made him far more confident about his mission. “But enjoyment is a rather strong word.”

“We’d like to help you in that regard.” Yamada stated good naturedly, eyeing the suspiciously large number of concrete buildings. “Our supplies in terms of the rest of the world, is far more than our population requires.”

Thirty percent more than what was required actually, Japan enjoyed first world amenities and a small population. The only other countries that actually had a surplus of infrastructure was Cuba, America, and Australia. The amount of requests and threats coming from the rest of the world were staggering.

Needless to say, the simple statement changed the entire atmosphere of the conversation.

“What do you want from me?” Yamada was immediately asked by one of the deadliest men in the world. To Yamada’s credit, he still kept his winning smile on his face.

“You are aware of the initiatives being taken by all the countries regarding Magi?” Yamada inquired, and the man before him shook his head. They were heading into the heart of the concrete village, and they were now before one of the many cube-like houses. This one, Yamada noted, had a Radio antennae atop it. “We are gathering all the children with an aptitude for magic, and searching for a teacher for them.”

“One country shouldn’t have a monopoly over such things.” The man stated with a frown.

“Which is why we’re happy to let you stay here with your son, Emiya-san.” Yamada stated politely and he watched the man tense like a wire. “In exchange for supplies and anonymity, we would like you to impart your methods to the next generation of Magi.”

“What if I refuse?”

Yamada gave a smile.

“We know you won’t Emiya-san.”

My hermetic seals were acting up again, being decidedly uncooperative as I did my best to fix them. Granted they were three months old, the wear and tear of their usage prescribing them a mere week in the battlefield, but I was confident I should be able to squeeze another month out of them.

“Need some tape?” The soldier sitting next to me inquired. The man was quite burly, and the pack that he set between his legs equally large. “I have some extra if you need it, sir.”

I shook my head, giving a small sigh as I reached into the over-the-shoulder pack attached to my harness. The new seal in the bag easily connected between the seams of the glove and the rest of the suit. A quick check of all areas, and I connected the air extractor to the generator resting in the small of my back. The suit stiffened and I allowed myself a sigh of relief as I was once more safe from the atmosphere mere feet away.

“Do you need some cells for your power pack?” The same soldier inquired once more, and I tried to remain oblivious to the amount of mumbling form the other six soldiers in the group. The man was obviously the newest of the lot, and unused to working with people like myself. “I have a few spares…”

“Rookie,” The gas mask sealed upon the Lieutenant’s face muffled her voice slightly, out of the entire group she was the only one wearing her mask inside the sealed environment of the armored personnel carrier. The woman was paranoid, something I could understand as I could estimate how much combat she’d been. “Don’t bother the people who could rip your head off with their pinkies.”

There was a smattering of chuckles in the carrier, and the man’s face reddened.

“Given his lack of experience.” I smoothly cut in, the smaller mask I was utilizing didn’t muffle my voice in the slightest. My air filter was connected right to the mask, instead of looping into chamber cut into armor like the soldiers. Their muffled voices was a combination of the travel required of the sound, and the thickness of their largely inefficient filters. “It would do best to explain why, rather than let him wallow in his ignorance.”

The man probably looked to me gratefully, but I truly didn’t pay attention due to the mere fact I was going over the rest of equipment.

Unlike the ceramic vests my company was utilizing, mine was integrated right into my under-suit. It provided me mobility, but wasn’t nearly as strong as my companions. Where they had protection up to rifle-rounds, mine stopped at submachine guns. My own abilities allowed me to enhance the armor to the effect of anything short of a tank round, but any breaches would significantly lower my capabilities.

The left abdomen panel sported a hole the size of a large coin, and I wasn’t at all surprised to find it. I was bruised there the last I checked, as my skin stopped the round short of puncturing my skin. I briefly remembered sealing my under-suit with heated adhesive and some of the extra fabric I was afforded, but I was more relieved at finding the opening than angered at my forgetfulness.

A quick application of alteration and the armor was sealed once more, albeit a tad thinner than it used to be. I would merely have to concentrate on providing more energy on in later on.

The personnel carrier came to a rickety halt, the old design giving it an age somewhere between ten to twenty years before my birth. The over-pressure system of the carrier was a scant few weeks before they failed completely. I made a note to tell the engineers once we returned to base, they most likely did not know about the large amount of build-up within the machine.

“Boots on the ground, ladies.” The lieutenant was already at the hatch, hefting her wooden-stocked rifle with practiced ease. The other in the group were going through their checks, most focusing largely on connecting the hermetic seals of their masks to their under-suits. “Remember to take all the ammunition you can carry, APC’s set to come back around two hours from now.”

“Have to make some pickups from the next town over.” The driver declared over the radio, it was far more difficult to comprehend than the muffled voices of the soldiers. “I’ll be back with a few cases of beer so feel free to feed a ghoul or two, mean more for me!”

The lieutenant probably cursed under her breath, but she hit the button to open the hatch and white dust flew in.

“Snow?” The rookie inquired dubiously, and I had to actually withhold my grim chuckling. Though the rest of his squad didn’t have my self-control and allowed themselves to do so. “Why is it grey?”

“It’s your first time out isn’t it?” One of the soldiers remarked, pulling up the hood on his great coat before following the rest of the small squad out. “Never seen corpse dust have you?”

I plucked one of the slowly falling flakes, imaging the grainy texture as it stained the white of my gloves. The cold of winter caught me off guard for a moment, before I shrugged on my own jacket, pulling up my hood as well.

I heard a whistle come as I made my way out of the vehicle. The soldiers were unloading the sides of the vehicle, carrying the massive amounts of ammunition they would need for their mission.

“Class A.” The man gave a satisfied grunt as he looked me up and down. “Fur trimming too? Goddamn I could only imagine what sorts of hell you’ve been through, sir.”

“I wish it was that pleasant.” I stated with a small nod, eliciting a guffaw from the second largest man in the group. The first of that distinguished ranking belonged to the rookie, but the man slapping his knee was a close second. “Those beasts were quite hard to kill.”

A sudden pain erupted in my chest, and I stumbled…

I looked at my chest, a brilliant edge sticking out of it.

What the…

“Seem’s I’ve found that missing reconnaissance group from three years ago.” Shirou Emiya stated dryly as he withdrew the knife from the mobile husk. The lack of liquid gave off the apparent age of the being in question. “An A-rank mage too, doesn’t bode too well with our adversary.”

“Is it because he can somehow control mages, or because he’s been around for three years?” The static-interrupted drawl of his handler let itself be known from his earpiece. They were certainly less space-consuming than his last communicator, but their quality wasn’t nearly as good as he was used to. “Enlighten me, All-Powerful Magus”

“I’d hazard to guess it’s a combination of the two.” Shirou checked the body, making note of the age of equipment. It was certainly congruent with the time they disappeared, soldiers sported surplus gas masks and the mage was wearing a bulky turn-of-the-century mask. Nothing even to say about the hermetic sealing on the suits. “The fact that he could’ve only gone up from enthralling Class-A mages is what worries me.”

“He didn’t attack you though.” His handler pointed out, to emphasize the fact the screen over his left eye replayed the small amount of resistance he had to fight through. The bulky forms of the soldiers lumbered clumsily while he outmaneuvered them, but the mage-clothed one did not move. “Maybe that means he wasn’t controlled? Just stuck or something?”

“Or something.” Shirou Emiya stated with no small amount of distaste, touching the system attached over the left of his face. The device’s three camera’s whirred as he went through all the spectrometric fields they gave him. “Didn’t I tell you to stop doing that? Going through three thermal, UV, and electric too fast gives me a headache.”

“Suck it up.” Came the succinct reply, before the communication line dropped suddenly.

The blizzard outside must’ve picked up again, Shirou absently noted as he gazed at the sheet of grew on the windows. The best course of action was to wait it out in the ruins of the building he was in, but that would hamper his ability to track what they’ve been searching for months.

Despite being a magus, Shirou still knew better than to try and brave the storm outside. The city’s close proximity to the coast, and the season of winter created a rather destructive force of nature. The storm season was supplemented by the nearly ever-present winter since the event more than a decade ago.

Well if supplies weren’t an issue, Shirou Emiya pondered as he checked his gear.

The hunter clipped the pack off the harness that surrounded his body, dropping it to the floor. The loss of weight was alien, but satisfying at the same time. It had been days since he’d last taken it off, and the time span blurred his memories of his-

A growling noise emanated from the hallways, and he quickly re-clasped up the pack and re attached it to his back. A moment passed without intervention, and Shirou took the supplementary straps of the bag and latched it over his stomach. The growl was a familiar one, and having loose objects wasn’t the wisest of ideas with the enemies he was about to face.

Shirou quickly withdrew the knife from its sheathe on his shoulder.

The magus quickly re-honed the knife’s edge into a mono-molecular structure with an application of Alteration. The knife glowed softly as it took the excess energy and transferred it to the small gem within the handle. An absent check on the gem confirmed that he’d have enough energy to ignite the tempered steel should it be required.

Unfortunately, the knife drew the attention of his enemies. The subtle golden glow more than enough to reveal him to his foe.

A figure clad entirely in gray, did not hide well in a dark room while bathed in light.

The large lungs of the beings immediately made Shirou reflexively reinforce his eardrums. The human lacking in any sort of sexual organs, maybe even any others, caught his gaze and its lungs swelled to enormous sizes, almost touching the ceiling.

A scream tore through the building, so strong that Shirou was blown out through the window.

It was a testament to the techniques ingrained to his body, that he quickly took the nine-millimeter pistol off the nearest corpse and shot the thing in its lungs. The two shots precisely took out the being’s specialized organs, deflating them and making the being crumple lifeless. The person who created it obviously tied it’s life with the specialized organs.

Still the damage was done, and Shirou Emiya was in the blistering cold as he heard the lumbering of beasts in every direction.

Given the fact he knew that he was very low in ammunition, the confrontation was not pleasing in the slightest.

Escape was the best option.

At that thought, Shirou’s hand immediately reached for the miniaturized engine on the small of his back. The object was tied to his harness and it’s most central implement, it powered all the tools necessary to survive and outwit the massive forces he faced.

Taking out a cord that un spun easily, Shirou plugged it into the port that powered his two grapplers and aimed himself upward.

A lumbering roar made itself known, and he quickly ducked out of the way of a creature that resembled a giant ape with no fur or skin. Multiple bones protruded from its forearms, and a menacing tail almost gutted Shirou as he pushed himself off the ground with his hand. The beast lunged after him in dizzying speed, and Shirou immediately fired his grapplers into the wall opposite of him.

The magnetically fired cords whipped out and gored right through the beast’s grossly miniscule torso. The split second it took for the attachment devices to connect allowed a single scratch on Shirou, by a protrusion of bone, before he was speeded into the direction he had been given.

Unfortunately, that was right into the beast’s torso.

Quick thinking stopped Shirou Emiya from being crushed to death by massive arms. The fact that the thinking was done as he was being sped off only emphasized his reaction time. Though subconsciously reinforcing his blood to carry more oxygen may have done its fair share of work, the plan was fairly fast in it’s production.

Shirou emptied the clip of the pistol into one of the beast’s shoulders, the gun barely loading another round before the trigger was pulled. The beast lacked legs, and dragged itself around on its arms and tail. Shirou bared his knife and cut through the beast’s arm…

Only to have the favor reciprocated as a second tail cut deeply into his left, making it limp and making him drop the empty gun.

Shirou gritted his teeth, but he was no stranger to pain. A quick reach towards the container in his pocket and he withdrew a squeezable syringe. A quick administration quickly relieved him of the haze of pain, and clotted the wound immediately.

If he was lucky the beasts would think he’d have left, and his camouflage would do its job.

More roars shook him, and the rumblings of monsters thundered upon the street below. A quick glance around the area depicted a grim end for him. The ‘city’ was largely composed of suburbs and small businesses, the grapple was the most useful in the realm of old-world structures.

He needed a distraction, at least until he could contact his transport.

A chunk of cement the size of his head nearly crushed the aforementioned organ, and he quickly disengaged the grapples and flipped himself back. Another firing of the life-saving tool stuck him to the building opposite. The spikes didn’t find purchase upon the wooden home, or the tiles and habit rose as Shirou attempted to grab hold, only to almost slip off.

A quick check on his left arm, shocked him. His bone was cut, only the muscle fibers of his bicep were connected to the rest of his body. They managed to cut him despite the reinforcement he applied to his bones, making them harder than steel.

If they could cut steel…

Shirou disengaged the locking mechanism, un-plugging the launchers from their source of energy. There was plenty of time to retrieve the weapon he was searching for, as he landed on the roof opposite of the house.

Grabbing the stock of the gun with his hand, Shirou held the power cord between his teeth. There were several regulations towards holding something of such high voltage between teeth, but applications of such things could be ignored in his current situation. Shirou likened to think that he was in far more danger from the monsters, than accidentally licking a hydrogen generator.

It was a mystic code, no doubt could be said about that particular fact, but it’s creation would’ve been impossible a decade ago. The resources required to provide a weapon equal to the scale of the one in his hands and hundreds of others would’ve been insurmountable to even the wealthiest of magi. The main body of the mystical code was housed in the fortress state of Hawaii and guarded by the only international force to exist anywhere in the world.

The generator attached to the small of his back heated up as it provided energy to the cooling mechanisms. The gun was already reacting to the power being transferred from the main Conduit, as it did every time he took it out of its bounded container. The cylinder the size of his forearm covered in dozens of runes spun and glowed, arcing bolts of lightning barely caught by the two prongs it levitated between.

The gun began to shake violently, making it impossible to be wielded by a normal man. Shirou Emiya was not normal, even by his own kind’s standards. The weapon should’ve been held by both hands, but Shirou Emiya’s decision to gain the ability to wield it in one came through majestically as he held the machine still.

The six charge containers filled easily between the weapon that hardly looked anything more than a stubby spear launcher and it’s wielder took a deep breath as pieces of concrete began to rain upon him.

One arm needed to recovered, along with the weapons embedded in it. Shirou reminded himself as he tightened his grip on the weapon.

“-zzzt come in, come in.”

“I’m here.” Shirou stated, as he coolly rose from his cover. Noting the three dozen aberrations of nature before him, he immediately caught sight of the arm he lopped off and made a note to not aim in that direction. “Set the drone to hover over me for exfiltration, I need to leave immediately.”

“Your arm!” Ayako’s voice strained his ears considerably, “Are you using the rail gun with one hand again?”

Shirou didn’t deign than worthy of an answer as he pulled the trigger.

The cylinder between the two prongs spun, becoming a disc of shining metal as it fully charged.

Shirou fired, the power of the shot nearly dislocating his elbow with ease. The shot was a bolt of electricity, tearing through a straight line of the creatures. They were tossed about like ragdolls, as Shirou guided the disk of energy within their lines. The magus knew he could only alter direction six times, and planned accordingly.

He held his body, as if he would as sword and began to move. The weapon, alike many made by magi, required exorbitant amounts of skill to utilize. This particular weapon was commonly utilized alike a sword, as the disk did not travel beyond ten meters, and could return to any distance between.

Shirou Emiya was quite good at using swords.

The creatures ran from the direct assault of the disk, and they tracked its wake with frightening clarity. Against a normal utilizer of the weapon, they would have survived to maybe even retreat. Three movements left, and Shirou had them all clustered, even if they didn’t know about it themselves.

A flick of the wrist sent the hyper-dense disk into the air, and the last movement sent it careening down.

The impact of the mighty weapon shattered the foundations of the street, collapsing the beasts into a sinkhole into the sewer system. Their arms dug deep gauges into the ruined asphalt.

The heat generated from the friction of the weapon ignited the gas lines and a brilliant flame interrupted the sheet of grey in his vision. Out of the dense smoke, and even denser snow, the pillar flew out and settled itself back into its groove. A quick un-attachment of the power cord, and the stopping of his own ready supply of magical energy, allowed him to place it back into its container.

The burst of a cannon rang out and the creature that managed to flank him crumpled over, dead with a whole the size of wheel within its tiny torso.

“You’re welcome.” Ayako sniffed as the drone hovered in the air. “Shit, you have to get rid of your arm right now.”

“It’s graying?” Shirou inquired with no small amount of distaste. A quick application of his knife and the arm was useless upon the floor. A small usage of the power built up within allowed him to burn the limb to ash.

“Going black, more like it.” Ayako stated, the worry in her tone apparent. “Not enough, you’ll need to get rid of most of the shoulder as well.”

“That shouldn’t be possible.” Shirou stated with a furrowed brow as he followed his direction. Even with an open wound in the hazardous atmosphere, it shouldn’t rot so quickly. The creation of the monsters however… “These monsters are created to self-replicate using the corpses of their victims!”

“That doesn’t sound too good.” Ayako admitted and the four rotor drone the size of a small car covered dubiously above the corpse. “I’m going to harness it for study, hurry up and seal up your… torso.”

A dry snort came from the magus as he withdrew a can of sealant. The foam held enough antibiotics to render a komodo dragon clean, and hardened fast enough to seal away what remained of his arm.

“Done with that yet?” Shirou inquired as he packed away his things, a tad more difficult with only one arm. A small part of him disliked losing the limb, but a larger part knew that packing would be far more difficult dead.

“Just waiting on you to finish your trim.” Shirou’s handler quipped and the silence was deafening. The airframe lifted off with the carcass, and then lowered itself off the side of the roof. “Bit early?”

“Try again next week.” Shirou stated with no small amount of snark. The young man set his pack within the large rectangular container installed in the side, careful to latch close the seals or the decontamination unit wouldn’t function. The harness would stay on, along with the generator as those were mandatory at all times outside of a safe zone. “You’ve got the correct location of the nearest Forward Base right?”

The airframe rumbled as he sat himself on it, the four rotor-wings moving the large mass of the vehicle upward and onward. The snow buffeted him quite a bit, but he was used to the feeling too much to be bothered by it. Riding a Reaver through the snow was always much better than going through water anyways. Snow didn’t have a tendency to soak you enough to compromise mobility.

“I told you three times that was an error on their part, not mine!” Ayako fumed and Shirou chuckled lightly. “How long are you going to lord that over me?”

“Just long enough so I can be sure that I will never get sent into a White Zone when I’m expecting some R&R.” Shirou stated with no small amount of exasperation. He wouldn’t admit it, but he was quite glad that there was something in the way of the monotony of riding through a blizzard. Though he was sure that his handler knew it well enough because of the dedicated satellite uplink he’d splurged for.

“You gained hundreds of licenses for that!” Ayako stated with no small amount of dismay. “I didn’t see a single one of those too!”

“Because I managed to clear out a heavily infested zone with only my Volt.” Shirou rattled off his achievement that particular day with an odd pride. The number of mages to pull off that particular feat summed up to one. “All you did was put a zero instead of a one.”

“…you’re going to be okay right?” The question they both knew was waiting to be asked revealed itself with all the grace of a beached whale.

“I’ve been shot through the heart before.” Shirou sighed as he prepared himself for the same round of questioning he received at the end of each mission. “That kept me down for what… three minutes?”

“You cannot simply bank on your healing factor at every fight, Emiya!” Shirou noted the usage of his last name, and wasn’t all too pleased to note the edge it carried. “You’re trained to dodge bullets yet you’re always caught by surprise! I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to test that healing factor with a lobotomy!”

“I can’t always be on the ball, Ayako.” The wind was letting up, the storm was finally letting up for once. The hurricane was estimated to last for at least four weeks, so Shirou knew he was most probably heading into the eye of the storm. A good location for a forward base, he had to admit. “One day I’ll make mistakes, and I’m not nearly as important as some of my colleagues to get some of their treatment.”

“Un-scheduled Reaver, please provide a valid authority code or prepare to be fired upon.” A deep, male voice intruded upon their transmission. Ayako immediately rattled off a set of numbers and letters, as the drone lowered itself. Shirou thought about looking through the ice with his thermal, but the snow cleared before he could do so. “I see then, enjoy your stay Magus.”

The Land Carrier was a massive affair. Part Ship, part tank, it rolled on treads and acted as the mobile bases of Asia-Pacific Republic. Born from desperation, technological prowess of the Japanese, and the manpower of the remains of China, it was given the title of most powerful thing to thread upon the land.

Seeing as it was crushing houses under its treads as it advanced onward Shirou could not held but agree as he approached the veritable mobile castle.

Then something exploded on the mobile bases’ frontal hull.

“Magus please acknowledge verification of knowledge that we are currently on a reclamation mission.” The massive turrent emplacements upon the caterpillar treads opened fire, shockwaves of force impacting Shirou’s body even at his high altitude.

The arcs of the shells were minimal, due to the close proximity of the target.

And what a target it was.

The few cities that stayed above ground were domed by lattices of solar paneling and fiber glass armor. Something that would’ve been impossible without the knowledge of Magus metallurgists, but used in the few dozens of above ground cities thought the world. The dome’s supports was a massive affair that was as tall as the six-story amphibious behemoth approaching it, and was one of the few Walls in the Pacific.

“I acknowledge.” Shirou stated more than slightly perturbed as his handler began to whistle. Ayako tended to do so whenever she made an error. “request for a docking on the rear hanger, and a doctor on standby captain.”

“You wounded soldier?”

“Only a flesh wound.” Shirou grunted as he made my way into the mobile base. Klaxons began to sound off within the city, and he tried not to think about the damage that was about to be inflicted on his fellow man.

“Well I’ve cleaned it as best as I’ve could, but I had to remove what was left of you collar bone in the process.” The doctor admitted as the scalpel hit the pan, along with said bone. Black tar was already seeping from it. “I can only imagine how the affected area would have looked before your emergency amputation.”

“We’ll find out as soon as I get to the corpse and analyze it.” Shirou assuaged whatever fears the doctor had, his goal to make sure that the doctor didn’t begin to doubt herself. It would not do to doubt oneself in the middle of a surgery or something else as life threatening. “By all means the new carcass will probably give some insight into what attacked me.”

The doctor gave a small sight, running a callused hand through her trim hair. Very people lacked calluses, mostly because they trained in one way or another. Shirou noted that the doctor before him was probably quite adept at using a rifle, and not one of the larger battle rifles either. The woman was probably an expert in Anti-Armor warfare.

Given the fact she was the military, and studying a branch of the military was necessary to earn any sort of accreditation for one’s chosen doctorate, this didn’t surprise Shirou much.

The doctor met his eyes.

“Most of your upper torso is fine, but that is a massive wound. Try not to do anything heart-pounding before it clears up.”

“Yes, ma’am.” Shirou acknowledged, making a move to salute before realizing the arm he intended to use was gone.

“Cute.” The doctor chuckled before tossing him a clean set of clothes.

“Get some rest and start saving the world in a lab-approved way after eight hours of sleep, Number Twenty-One.” The doctor quipped before vacating the room. Shirou gave a dry chuckle at the joke, and immediately turned on the telecommunications package on the desk his communicator was attached to.

Ayako gave a shriek of terror and the screen suddenly turned black, just as he caught sight of the familiar blouse and jacket.

“Put some clothes on y-you idiot!” The answer to the question about to leave Shirou’s mouth was received. The young man in question began to dress himself while minding his bandages. The shoulder less chest covering that he had been given, was the most comfortable clothing he’d ever worn. “Jeez I don’t want to stare at your ugly chest all day.”

“You’ve seen me naked many times.” Shirou pointed out dryly, he wasn’t particularly perturbed by was starting to get worried that his handler was being prudish. Ayako was a trained physician as well, and he wanted a second opinion. It wouldn’t do well for something as tame as her preference for women to complicate their relations. “I would like you to set up a request for a prosthetic limb immediately.”

Well that was actually his particular line of thought, the young man’s handler was simply acting the same way a young woman would do towards someone she shouldn’t… touch in any way.

“Alright, show me the wound.” Ayako began her examination as Shirou did his best to show the wound at every angle. “Seems easy enough, though the boys should get excited at making a shoulder.” The straight haired young woman gave a chuckle. “Maybe they’ll put some pauldrons on it for you if you ask nicely.”

“I’m going to get some sleep.” Shirou simply rolled his eyes at the inopportune joke. The young magus was more than used to his handler’s way of attempting to settle his nerves.

Besides, they worked. So who was he to complain about it?

Convenient Spoilering Is Convenient

THE AHOGE HATH BEEN REMOVETH

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    I can't believe I'm gonna say this but you're missing a comma this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post

COMMAS

THEY GO THERE

THAT SPACE BETWEEN CLOSE QUOTE AND THE LAST WORD
    I've got a published book!
    Please go and give it a read!
    http://www.jukepopserials.com/home/read/767

Blog Entries
    Ayako~

Glad to see it rebooted.
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

黒いスサノヲ, Black Susano'oh IhaxlikeNoob's Avatar
    I desire moar.
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Cripple Shirou? (Supposedly) Lesbian Ayako....

*Leans forward and assume the Gendo pose*

Go on....

Teasing the Penguin God!

Alright, need some Science Fiction and Occult to keep Magi-tech Ball rolling.

Recommendations are welcome, but here are most of the ones I've already taken.

Deus Ex, Warhammer, Bourne (You'll see later), Gantz, Hawken, Resistance.

COMMAS

THEY GO THERE

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    John Doe. Final Fantasy. Matrix.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Mass Effect. The Dresden Files. Something from the Nightside. Jak and Daxter (the later games).
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    I have not seen a good Matrix influenced Fate fic.

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    But you have seen a Matrix influenced Fate fic?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well to point out the obvious (just in case) how about To Aru, Saikano, and the .Hack series.

Teasing the Penguin God!

So you all want: Psychics, more monsters, virtual uploads, magnetic projectiles, synthetics, hive minds, and possible combat racing.

This just writes itself.

COMMAS

THEY GO THERE

The Clock Tower Guild

Disclaimer: No monetary gain is made in the production and post-production of this fic. If you paid a wooden penny to see this, you were bamboozled.

Rin Tohsaka was a people person. The you woman had charisma in spades, was educated in nearly all arts of fine etiquette and had a social countenance world leaders would kill for. She spent most of her life developing herself in the mindset that her future would be filled with adversity and prejudice, both because of her ethnicity and gender.

It could be quite simply stated as: Rin Tohsaka was strong independent woman who don’t need no man. The author wishes to question why he simply didn’t place that as the beginning sentence, but merely moves on wallowing in self-disappointment.

Despite years of training to work underneath and for pompous pricks, Rin Tohsaka was feeling more and more extremely irritated as the man before her continued to bluster and insult her.

“Who do you think you are to command ME to do something?!”, “I am the king and you better relinquish your ability to craft items of such magnitude!”, “Ten percent of sales!? I can have it all!” etc. etc. etc.

The young woman clad in an outfit that was embarrassingly comfortable and frankly debasing to walk about in, was starting to think on the reason why she wasn’t quite as able to deal you the prick in front of her as she usually did. Large numbers of mages were quite happy to insult and belittle her before the dimensional transfer. The few friends she had were tenuous at best, but at least she always had-

Ah that’s why.

Rin stood up gaining the attention and apprehension of the King opposite of her in the large table. The guards in the room tensed as she raised her elbow-length gloved hands.

“I am currently sexually deprived and that is making me very illogical at the moment.” Rin declared with a sickly smile on her face. A hand was raised and she turned her gaze toward the man sitting to the right of the king. Judging by his dress and the lecherous look on his face… “None of you are allowed to touch me either, so I’m going to put an ultimatum down.”

“You cannot simply-” The king blustered, twirling his beard in a way that Rin somehow saw as apprehensive.

“Yes I can, simply.” The self-claimed woman who lacked nookies declared. Yes plural, she had a harem and she used it dammit. “Because I can level this entire place easily.”

“Hah!” The king laughed in a way that decidedly aggravated the brown-haired magus. The bearded, obese man gripped the shoulder of the man Rin had detected earlier that day. The robe-clad, hooded man had not said a word the entire time. “My court magus will defeat you single handedly! He was on his way to becoming an A-rank mage when-”

Rin crossed the distance in a second, and backhanded the hooded man through the window he sat next to.

“Oh my got she killed Kenway!” One of the guards yelled, decidedly aghast as he fixed his metal cap.

“You bitch!” Declared one of the more guards, his metal cap decidedly more greenish in tint than the rest.

Rin ignored them in favor of standing on the table in front of the king. The monarch was decidedly red faced.

There was a slight cough that gained the attention of everyone in the room despite the screams emanating from the crowd below.

“Young Miss…” The treasurer smoothly stated as he decidedly began to pay more attention to smoothing out his lapels. “Your underclothing is showing.”

The retinue of advisors and royals expected something akin to embarrassment to form upon the girl, and a stammered apology. They would’ve expected her to return to her seat and for her to state her ultimatum and kingdom life can simply continue.

But they were men, and since when did anything happen as expected when a wardrobe malfunction was pointed out?

Rin Tohsaka’s face colored red not in embarrassment, but in another feeling entirely.

Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka Tsundere of Mass Destruction

Zeltrech wiped a tear from his eye as Sapphire showed him what her sister was currently doing. The man’s amazing ability to withhold tears unable to stop the flow due to the pride he felt for his student.

Merely the first week with unlimited power and she was already taking down despotic rulers in alternate dimensions. The inter-dimensional traveler could hardly believe his luck in finding such a gem in the rough concerning this girl.

Of course there was something concerning about that fact as well.

“She’ll need someone to clash against since she doesn’t have good enemies like me.” Zeltrech stated with absolute certainly. No one would’ve pointed out how idiotic the idea was, and it wasn’t just because there was no one present besides the disembodied scepter. “Sapphire, I want you to find a wielder and give her the same objectives as I give Rin?”

The star encircled by gold and with ribbons for wings fluttered about her creators head.

“Would they not be prudent enough to work together if such things were to occur?” The mystic code questioned the people in question, not the person making the plan. The device knew exactly who her creator was and wasn’t about to toe any lines around him.

The great Zeltrech tilted his head slightly to the right. The millennia old man’s head met the gaze of his device.

Then he began to chuckle, which turned into outright laughter in mere seconds.

“Oh that was quite good.” The old man patted his creation, something Sapphire decided was carefully constructed for her to like. It felt far too good to be natural. “I’ve doubted that you’d utilize your ‘sarcasm’ coding so well, but it’s nice to know I haven’t lost my touch in those regards.”

“Okay.” Sapphire agreed, deciding to go about the wiser course of action and simply do as her creator did. “Do you have anyone you want to request for me start from?”

The old man gave a shrug.

“Why don’t you go around the jewel users first, Rin always said she had plenty of friends and acquaintances around them.” The vampiric man rubbed his chin thoughtfully, before snapping his fingers. “I have it! Rin always talks about that Edelfelt girl all the time! They’re best of friends! They’ll work together and drive each other to new and greater heights!”

The same Edelfelt that Rin launched attacks upon on a daily basis, Sapphire mused. “Alright.”

Seems legit.

“Over the river and through the woods, to the dragon’s cave we go~” Barthomeloi Lorelei sang, surprisingly pleasant. “The horse knows the way, carrying the ballista-e. Through fire and stone!”

“That’s not how I remember the song.” Shirou mused as he kept a tight rein on the wagon. Treasure hunting was good in hindsight, but not being able to fit something in their bags of holding required the need for a wagon. As such they acquired a wagon, and then the wagon required a driver that wouldn’t drive the horses to their deaths. Needless to say there was only one person present of that caliber.

The heiress gave a small huff and the abrupt singing ended, settling the atmosphere back to the grunts of poor animals. Shirou was glad to have splurged for the new wagon, as the one he’d first thought of buying would’ve added rusty axels to the mix.

A dainty, yet powerful elbow hit him in the ribs causing the young swordsman to nearly double over.

The glare his eyes met would’ve burned the souls of many, but Shirou Emiya had been with Rin Tohaska for many years so it had no effect. Still, the glare pointed out something that escaped his notice and he decided to remedy it.

“But it’s nice!” He declared mostly to the woman sitting behind him.

“I would prefer a monster besides a dragon, but it is quite the song.” Saber demurred, not even looking up from the chart she was diligently outlining. Lessons of the past allowed her to do so with but parchment and coal, but the modern tools provided allowed her to enjoy her new job rather than dislike it.

“I see.” The heiress probably gave one of her all-too serious nods at that point. The two at the front could swear that the sharp nod could crush a man’s skull. “Over the river and through the woods, under the clear moon we go~ The dogs bark, and the scouts hark~ As our hunt treads by~”

There was suddenly a loud bang and Shirou felt something impact the side of his head. The young magus caught the projectile as it fell, reaching up to teach the forming bruise. Well that’s what he gets for enjoying a nice drive it seems.

“We have you surrounded!” A voice suddenly called out, and numerous clicks resounded throughout the densely forested trail they were travelling on. “Leave your wagon or the next shot won’t miss.”

“It didn’t miss!” Shirou declared irritably, rubbing the irritating bruise. “What do you say about that you jerks!?”

“Nice work on that slight profanity Shirou.” Saber stated on his side, “You didn’t even stammer that time.”

“Indeed, you are improving nicely.” Lorelei stated as she slowly peaked out of the wagon. A noticeable frown came upon her face when she noticed what was in Shirou’s hand, and the rapidly purpling spot on his brow. The young woman deftly took the small ball from his hand and retreated back into the shadows. “I will handle them shortly.”

The two at the driver’s seat exchanged a look, and they all too well what that statement meant.

Make them flee, or they will all suffer.

Both sword practitioners knew that the lives of the people before them lay in their hands.

“I believe it is your turn to dissuade the rabble.” Saber stated, not even bothering to stop detailing the ravine they had passed an hour prior. The once and future king pulled out a stopwatch and pressed the start key. “Do your best.”

Shirou would’ve frowned, if not for the fact that would’ve wasted time. Saber managed to dissuade the last group in two minutes flat, and his best had been three. Lorelei started to get antsy at five and started destroying large amounts of landscape moments after.

“Hello?” Shirou called out. “You guys are still out there right?”

“We shot you in the head!” A man suddenly called out, more than a touch fearful.

“Yes and I forgive you.” Shirou stated slowly, an idle glance told him that waiting for that man to respond already took a minute. ”Would you all mind telling us why you want to take our wagon?”

“We heard you’ve been taking treasure and we want it for ourselves.” The man who ordered them out of their wagon . “We wouldn’t have even touched your lovers man.”

“We wouldn’t have?” Shirou’s enhanced hearing picked up. “Isn’t that the main reason why we’ve been following this group around? Lots of money and a nice pair of birds?”

“It was until we found out our guns don’t do jack shit.” The main man hissed. “We barely started, we can’t afford to tussle with them.”

“Hello?” Shirou called out again, idly staring at the rapidly rising timer. The bandits in this world really needed to talk faster. Either that or he needed to start interrupting conversations far faster than he usually did. That had a snowflake’s chance in hell of happening though, given the fact that Shirou Emiya did not interrupt conversations. He wouldn’t have survived the Grail War otherwise. “I would like to point out all the treasures we have are from very dangerous locations.”

“What’s your point?” The bandit leader demanded.

“I mean that the three of us, on a regular basis, invade crypts and treasure rooms guarded by nightmares.” Shirou was desperately trying to get his point across, it wasn’t even a matter of making his record anymore due to the fact these bandits were obviously set on dying. “Wouldn’t it be prudent to think that we are very capable warriors?”

“He has a point.” The bandit leader admitted and Shirou set out to save their lives.

“If you let us go we’ll just go on by, we’ll only report you three days from now too, so you can leave.”

“Oh! Thanks, Boys un-cock those guns.”

Shirou let out a sigh of relief as the sounds of lowered muskets came to his ears. They were safe now.

“You and your lovers can go on ahead, now.”

“Thanks.” Shirou stated cheerfully, ignoring the horrendous time he’d been assigned. He wondered why Lorelei hadn’t killed them. “Oh and only Arturia’s with me.” Wouldn’t do to set up a bad image with the public, he held the girl at his side by the waist. “Lorelei’s just a friend.”

There was scattered laughter around them all.

“Aye, lad.” The bandit leader called out. “Rumors told you had a pretty one and an average one, but I guess you only have the pretty one, eh?”

The silence was deafening and Shirou shook his head as Lorelei left her spot in the shade and climbed to the top of the wagon.

Many screams emanated from the forest that day, and massive tracts of land were gauged by fire.

Throughout it all Shirou simply wept as he couldn’t save them.

“There’s a Guild in this town.” Shirou noted as he pulled along the wagon. Decidedly earning many an odd look from the crowd. The horses had been tired due to the mad dash through the burning area, and Shirou didn’t have the heart to keep them even at a slow trot after that. As such, he was now pulling along the entire wagon with a single arm as his two companions sat on the driver’s seat. “Maybe we should check it out?”

“Probing for weaknesses in our opponent already, Shirou?” Lorelei stated with no small amount of bemusement. “I applaud you for your forethought.”

“I don’t want to make enemies with them.” The red-haired swordsman protested.

“Ah, a fake friendship.” Lorelei lightly teased, she was finding the action quite enjoying. “The best sort of relationships are based on betrayal.”

“It is best if we make it seem as though we are allies first,” Arturia mused thoughtfully, still not looking up from her sketching. The budding artist pondered if she should just have Shirou pull the wagon at all times, he decidedly lacked the sounds of beasts and the smooth ride was conducive to her newfound art. “Then our betrayal shall have a psychological aspect along with the element of surprise.”

“Ah, sorry Arturia.” Shirou immediately apologized, confusing the only member of the group who didn’t know the blonde’s true past. “I’ll be sure to make sure that they know our stance on them right away.”

“It was a joke Shirou.” Saber stated dryly, eyeing her lover with a decidedly blank expression. Three or so years of general relaxation has done plenty on her outlook on life. “I have told you many times I have reconciled with my past.”

“I do not like being left out of the loop.” Stated the strongest magus in the group, and the two the participated in the Holy Grail war exchanged a look.

“Arturia went through a few betrayals from people she was close to.” Shirou stated thoguhtully, eyeing Saber to finish.

“We were a people of a certain mindset, that was driven apart due to outgoing reasons.” Saber agreed and Lorelei gained a thoughtful expression.

“Are these betrayers still alive?” The queen of Clock Tower questioned and Arturia gave a small scoff.

“Those loyal to me, and those that betrayed me are all dead.” Shirou felt a gaze settle onto him and turned around to give a smile, only to be bemused to see two pairs of eyes following him. “I’ve found someone far more loyal in the return, however.”

Lorelei’s face was thoughtful till they reached the appraisal market, at which point it returned to the stoic visage that was rapidly becoming feared.

“This is the Belt of Strode!” The armored knight gushed over the wares they set. “This was thought to be lost forever in the Raven’s Ravine.”

“They called those giant bird men Ravens?” Shirou inquired curiously. The young man had an easier time of killing monster’s, but killing the humanoid birds had disturbed him quite a bit. Not enough to hamper him of course, the walls of the ravine were covered in blood gouges.

“Aye, shopkeeper.” The knight fumbled his pockets. “They are man eaters, they trespass into homes and consume women and child. They drive men to cling to the hope they simply took them to their nest where they are consumed as well.”

Utilizing skills he usually reserved for stealing recipes at restaurants, Shirou jotted down the habits of the creature right next to the tasteful caricature that Saber had made. The article was more than complete now that he had a description of the creature’s habits. His blonde partner was most certainly getting better and better at creating them.

“Thank you for the information.” Shirou stated with a smile, his eyes met Lorelei’s and the woman gave a nod. “You can have the belt as thanks for the information.”

The man clad in plate armor was taken aback.

“This belt has been said to block all projectiles fired at it’s wearer!” The young night gushed. “It is priceless.”

“I’m sure it’ll be even more priceless once it lets you create your own legend.” Shirou stated with no room of disagreement. “Now let the next person in!”

The young man gave two bows as he left the small tent and Lorelei decided to voice her opinion on the matter.

“Do you not find it odd that they are so aghast at taking it, but do so at the merest of convincing?” The young woman was more than a tad annoyed at the duplicity she continued to see.

“Well we are handing out treasures unlike any other.” Shirou argued. “We don’t have claim towards them anyways, so it’s best if we just let our reputation grow by spreading the artifacts back around.”

A decidedly pale girl entered the room, her skin looking an odd shade of pink that bordered on lavender. Though it could only be makeup, as the girl was clad until her cheeks.

The girl let out a mousy squeak as Lorelei leveled a glare at her as she usually did to any who came within the tent. Those who were coming to simply amuse themselves were immediately sent packing.

Though that did not stop the two of them from being surprised as the girl produced some sort of crest from a leather pouch on her waist.

“Y-your entire group is under arrest!” The girl declared, though the intimidation factor of the entire declaration was decidedly cut short by the fact the girl immediately produced some sort of transparent barrier and cowered beneath it.

Shirou gave a sigh and palmed his face, wondering how much time and effort it would take to subvert the government of the world with excess amounts of money. While he usually didn’t resort to bribing and creating a corrupt puppet government, it was a prospect easier to swallow than what Saber had planned. Sure he disliked the large number of peasantry and their poverty while many lived in luxury, but there were less extreme solutions than Saber’s proposals.

Of course, there was also only a slim chance in hell he was going to be able to do as he wished in the matter. Lorelei was firmly backing Saber’s plan, and was steadily transforming the efficient spells they’ve found into something akin to artillery.

Lorelei was bemused to find that the set of fireballs she’d been practicing dissipated into the shield, though it decidedly looked weaker after doing so.

The girl cast whatever magic she was using again, and the field returned, maybe a tad stronger than it was. Lorelei surmised it must be akin to most of the spells of the world, and that it could be casted multiple times for greater effect.

Shirou began to pack away the numerous mystical artifacts they’ve collected when Saber returned from her duty of procuring maps to compare to her own.

“What is going on here?” The blonde demanded, numerous amounts of parchment sticking out of what was supposed to be a bag of holding. Shirou surmised that the map shop they had heard of must be empty by now.

“It seems the enforcers of this country are curious about our magic and seek to discover our secrets.” Lorelei immediately supplied, this is what usually happened so it must be happening again. The heiress was actually waiting for it to happen, testing her mastery of this world’s magic against a practitioner had been quite a prospect she looked forward to. “I am now in the process of eliminating the threat whilst we escape.”

“I’m packing.” Shirou supplied helpfully.

The girl looked at the newcomer and her eyes widened in such relief that the three dimensional travelers paused in the set of actions that would get her killed without question.

“I am dreadfully sorry!” The girl suddenly declared. “It seems that I have been mistaken in my arrest of your group.”

“Attempted arrest.” Shirou supplied, it wouldn’t do well for their budding reputation if the statement went akin to: the truth was found after arrest. The truth was found after attempted arrest, sounded much more intimidating.

“What were the charges against us?” Saber inquired immediately, a slight frown gracing her features.

“You robbed a town treasury a weak ago.” The girl immediately supplied, hoping against all hope that they didn’t.

Saber looked her partner and Shirou tapped his chin thoughtfully.

“I believe that we were escaping from skeletons with the harp thingy a week ago.” Shirou stated with a slight amount of indecisiveness in his tone. Adventures tended to blend together after a few dozen of them were done right after one another.

“Yes,” Lorelei supplied, she had enjoyed traversing that particular dungeon. The walls were quite indestructible and she was able to do as she pleased. “That was where we were.”

“Oh, thank the gods.” The girl sighed in relief, finally standing form within her defensive shield. “I am so glad that has been cleared up.”

“I hardly suppose our words were the only thing that convinced you.” Saber inquired with a furrowed brow. Shirou hoped that wasn’t all the evidence that the girl required, because if there was problems with the justice system he’d also have to put his lot with Saber. “There must be some empirical evidence that was provided in a timely manner.”

“Ah, of course!” The girl gave a nod that relieved Shirou immensely. “The blonde in their group was a man. I truly did not notice a difference until I saw you so much closer.”

Silence pervaded the tent.

Saber’s eye twitched, and Lorelei Barthomeloi gave a sigh as she dissipated the numerous amounts of fireballs she had summoned into existence. The two women who knew each other fairly well in the tent knew that such a faux passé couldn’t simply go unheeded. The girl feeling imminent death coming, but no longer knew the reason was scared out of her wits once more. Shirou knew something was wrong, but the fact that he was a man made the situation quite puzzling.

“Arturia…” Shirou stated slowly, before a glare silenced him. Arguing with an angered Saber was never a good idea. Arguing with an angered Saber that just so happened to be a lover was even worse of an idea.

Saber leveled her glare at the poor law-enforcement official and the girl quaked in her defensive shield.

“You will take us to them so we may extract justice for their impertinence of assuming our identities.” The once and future King stated imperiously, and the girl really knew she had no choice in the matter. The B rank Charisma was just overkill to be quite frank.

“Y-yes, my lady!” The official wondered as to why she addressed the black-clad girl as though she was a noble, but not nearly as much as thought was given to it as much as to why she chose this profession. She could’ve been a librarian, nothing bad ever happens to librarians!

“I’ll pack.” Shirou supplied helpfully, though a tad surprised to find he was immediately aided by his companion the last few hours. Still, he did what he knew, and that was enough for him at the moment.

It must be terrible to be a librarian, Waver Velvet surmised as he walked into what was supposed to be the most hallowed of prefectures in the Clock Tower organization. The massive shelves of texts were empty, and one even seemed to have been toppled over. The sight was more impressive due to the fact that most of the shelves were two stories tall.

The sounds of outrage and the feel of magic came within his radius of perception, and Waver gladly took the helmet that his aid was offering.

Holding aloft a white flag of truce, Waver Velvet walked out into the no man’s land.

Waver noted his luck that the battle seemed to be in one of its slow eddies at the moment before doing what the damned Wizard Marshall foisted on him.

“Mister Timothy!” The young man entrusted by the Wizard Marshall to keep the Clock Tower in one piece called out. “Lady La Rouge! I know that the two of you are heading the opposing factions of this ludicrous debacle, I am here to settle it forthwith under the authority of the Wizard Marshall.”

“There is no sort of authority out here laddie!” A gravelly voice called out from a shelf. A spry old man detached from his position, hefting what seemed to be just an oaken staff. “Even Zeltrech will never try to interfere with the Librarium’s business. I suggest you let these matters be settled and come back when this ‘debacle’ is over.”

“You’re just afraid he might take our side on things.” A decidedly accented voice emanated from what Waver Velvet had perceived to be a desk. The bald man leveled his staff at the voice, the monocle upon his one good eye glowing dangerously. “Put that away you old sod, we’re going to settle this like distinguished individuals, unlike what you wanted.”

Waver raised his hand before the two librarians could argue.

“The masses require the libraries more than ever this day.” Waver used his most placating tone in an effort to diffuse the situation. Though he knew that since he was working with Magi, all he could hope for was for the fuse to get longer before the bomb went off. “I am here to settle the dispute between your two factions.”

The old man immediately jabbed his stick at the girl’s direction. At the close distance Waver feared the old man would hit the woman straight in the face. Then it suddenly became apparent to him that the woman was very tall, almost a foot taller than himself, and the man the opposite. The staff wasn’t even in line with the woman’s jaw.

“This missy here wanted to keep all the texts bound despite the fact of the new mechanics of this world!” The old man waved the staff erratically, possibly attempting to score a hit upon the girl. “She and all her friends wanted to lock the place up and conduct only their research!”

“It’s for the good of the masses,” The younger woman huffed, crossing her arms over her decidedly lackluster chest. “All the spells made available might not work, and kill hundreds who try them. We are saving lives in the process.”

“Saving lives by limiting knowledge is an affront to the ideals of the library itself!” The old man cried. Waver’s eyes widened a fraction when the bindings on the staff began to strain, feathers seemingly attempting to explode outward.

The tall, brunette leapt back, the ring on her finger glowing quite decisively.

Waver Velvet gritted his teeth, he will have his say dammit!

From the carpet rose the metallic liquid that was his Mystic Code, the hundreds of droplets he willed to follow him everywhere he went immediately binding the two librarians in steel bubbles around their torsos.

“We will talk about this.” Waver Velvet declared as his mistake code brought the rest of the two factions around him. The young lord made sure to meet each of their eyes. “And you will all listen to me.”

The fact that they were all trapped and ready to be killed just made that statement quite redundant.

COMMAS

THEY GO THERE

Blog Entries
    “Aye, lad.” The bandit leader called out. “Rumors told you had a pretty one and an average one, but I guess you only have the pretty one, eh?”
    I sneezed. This crack!

Good one.

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

Insane 'Old' Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    “We will talk about this.” Waver Velvet declared as his mistake code brought the rest of the two factions around him. The young lord made sure to meet each of their eyes. “And you will all listen to me.”
    Uh, I'll be honest that I barely know any knowledge of Waver (and that my question will be stupid) but was that supposed to be 'Mystic' or did he really have a code that was a mistake but was still willing to use?

Still amusing though.

Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Can I sign this?

That said, this is gold!

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

黒いスサノヲ, Black Susano'oh IhaxlikeNoob's Avatar
    ROFL Lorelei!
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Alright this story bored me if it was supposed to be Fairy Tail it sure doesn't seem like it.
    It also aggravates me because it basically sueified the entirety of the CT and tries to pass it off as comedy.

Also LOLDESTRUCTION shenanigans get old quick. Meh.

To be fair I managed to get up to the part where the girl tries to arrest them.

Alright this story bored me if it was supposed to be Fairy Tail it sure doesn't seem like it.
    It also aggravates me because it basically sueified the entirety of the CT and tries to pass it off as comedy.

Also LOLDESTRUCTION shenanigans get old quick. Meh.

To be fair I managed to get up to the part where the girl tries to arrest them.
    I understand man, serious things start next chapter. Getting tired of LoL stuff, really so you'll be seeing actual plot developments come forth.

COMMAS

THEY GO THERE

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    There's also the thing at, assuming the crossover really is FT, the setting doesn't at all seem like it, more like a parody of standard RPG tropes.

There's also the thing at, assuming the crossover really is FT, the setting doesn't at all seem like it, more like a parody of standard RPG tropes.
    Isn't that what Fairy Tail is O_o

COMMAS

THEY GO THERE