Page 361 of 782 FirstFirst ... 261311351356359360361362363366371411461 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,220 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
    Also, if there are prototypes weaker than the original (if) then that brings another strange question "Would Ea have a successor weapon?"
    Seika doc says "あらゆる宝具の原点をもつギルガメッシュだが、他の英雄がもち得る他の宝具とは違い、乖離剣エアだけは彼 の みがもち得る唯一無二の存在。そのため、「無限の剣製(アンリミテッドブレイドワークス)」でも複製するこ とはできない。
    Though it is wielded by Gilgamesh, who has the prototypes of every Noble Phantasm, the Sword of Rupture Ea is different from the other Noble Phantasms that can be possessed by other heroes. It alone is a completely unique existence that can only be possessed by Gilgamesh. Therefore, even with Unlimited Blade Works, it is impossible to reproduce it.
    Interesting. So less crazy alien materials, more THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE."

look at me i posted runes. am I a cool kid now? can we take this to the questions thread?

- - - Updated - - -

Ea's unique existence should mean that no successors can be made. Alternatively, since Ea existed before "sword", every sword ever is Ea's successor.

- - - Updated - - -

Or not. Probably not.
    Last edited by Asdfghl; August 10th, 2013 at 11:48 PM.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    I was searching for mythical swords today out of searching material for my fanfic and found "Claiomh Solais", which, for some odd reason, reminded me of Ea. I'm more inclined to believe Ea simply has no successor yet, given how it operates in a completely different way from swords. But meh, this one's just me thinking so...

Blog Entries
    Back on topic, I toyed with this one a few days ago, though I'm hesitant to post her since I probably mauled her history. ^^; I had a hard time making her because I had a really clear idea for her first NP, but almost nothing to go on for her second NP aside from the fact she's famous for riding in her chariot and marching alongside her troops. I did like the first NP enough to want to finish, though.

Servant:
    Rider
    True Name: Zenobia

Description:
    A lovely, exotic woman in her prime, with long, wavy blackish violet hair and dark chocolate skin, and her eyes a shade of coal. She dresses primarily in a clingy, backless crimson gown, the straps connected to a thick golden prisoner's collar worn around her neck. A similar set of shackles are adhered to her wrists and ankles, with matching chains connecting them, all crafted out of pure gold and studded with beautiful gems, and she walks barefoot. Despite what one presumes to be the great weight of the chains, she is perfectly, elegantly poised at all times.

Background:
    Raised in ancient Syria, the ancestry of Zenobia is questionable; some argued whether she was of Arab or Jewish descent, and Zenobia proclaimed herself to be the direct descendant of the queens Dido and Cleopatra instead. She was also regarded as both well-educated and beautiful, and is said to have been equally skilled in more masculine activities, fond of both hunting and riding among her own officers. As likely to walk with her soldiers as to ride her chariot, she was simultaneously seen as both a chaste, feminine beauty and a fierce, masculine warrior. Through marriage, she became the queen of Palmyra, and upon her husband's death, she personally began a military campaign that expanded her territory into Egypt and even Rome, developing her reputation as a "warrior queen."

Her military success was such that she had the grudging acknowledgment of the Roman Emperor, Aurelian, but it was short-lived; when Aurelian began his campaign to reunite the Roman empire, her forces were summarily crushed and defeated with little resistance. She was captured, her son and advisors put to death, and Zenobia herself was paraded through the streets of Rome as a trophy prize at the head of Aurelian's victory parade. It is believed that the skill and beauty of Zenobia was inflated by Aurelian after her defeat in order to justify his campaign against her; some stories suggest she was even pardoned after her defeat, her beauty striking the emperor into granting her clemency and leading to her integration into Roman society as a prominent socialite and matron. Others, of course, suggest she was summarily executed after her purpose as propaganda was served.

Statistics:
    Strength: C
    Agility: B
    Endurance: B
    Mana: C
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: A

Class Abilities:
    Riding
    The expertise to ride animals and vehicles. At this rank, all creatures but those of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast-rank can be used as mounts. This rank is high enough to have aptitude for the Rider Class.

Magic Resistance
    Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Personal Skills:
    Imperial Privilege (False)
    An ability that, due to the instance of others, forces skills that are essentially impossible to possess to be obtained for a short period of time. This skill derives not from her own insistence, but instead from that of the emperor Aurelian, whose propaganda lifted her in her defeat to the status of an incomparable enemy he had conquered. For Zenobia, the relevant skills include Riding, Charisma, Military Tactics, Natural Beauty, Subversive Activities, and others.

Divinity
    The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels one is treated as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a Monster or Demonic Beast raises. Though her link to their bloodline is tenuous at best, Zenobia claimed to have been a descendent of Cleopatra, herself believed to be the daughter of the goddess Isis.

Noble Phantasms:
    Aurelianus - Chains of Opulence
    Type: Anti-Unit
    The Noble Phantasm most relied upon by Rider, it is the chains that bind her limbs, named after the Roman emperor who forced them on her after her defeat. It is said that the queen Zenobia was the centerpiece of Aurelian's victory parade, made to walk the streets of Rome in bejeweled chains of solid gold, so heavy that it was impossible for her even to walk without the assistance of her captors. Records conflict as to whether she was executed or set free to live in Rome following this experience, but it is these chains which bind Rider to the oppressive legend that was manufactured for her.

As a weapon, Rider is capable of using the chains as a whip or flail, or simply manifesting portions of them to strike or bind her enemy, though the durability of the chain is no more than an ordinary B-rank Noble Phantasm. The true power of the chains lies not in its offensive capability, but in the burden that they represent - the weight of any inorganic object struck or ensnared by Aurelianus is doubled for as long as it remains in Rider's presence, and the effect of such contact is cumulative, quickly becoming more than even the strongest Servant can bear without shedding.

The curse has no effect on living or spiritual bodies, but without the benefit of their armor and weapons, few are still capable of fighting her; only the truly powerful, as Aurelian claimed himself to be, can still meet her in battle unequipped and prevail. Though well aware of the falsity of her prowess in battle, Rider has pride in her ability to withstand the burden she carries, and considers her own inner strength superior to that of any tool or weapon.

Wahballat - Wheel of the Sun's Authority
    Type: Anti-Army
    A large, antique Egyptian war chariot drawn by two horses that seem to be crafted out of living flame. Large enough to seat several occupants, the chariot has two large, curved blades on either side, and its wheels are wreathed in solar fire that trails behind the vehicle at all times, setting everything it passes aflame and allowing it to "ride" the fire to move through the air. This Noble Phantasm, honoring her deceased son, is derived from Zenobia's supposed claim of divine Egyptian heritage, drawing upon the iconography of the solar chariot used to transport Egyptian kings from their resting place to the sun above and a gift from the goddess she claims to descend from.

Though exceptionally powerful, Rider is reluctant to actually use her mount in combat, relying instead on the defensive abilities of her chains - though she would not admit it, her pride not permitting her, Rider believes her right to use the divine gift is tainted by the fetters placed upon her. As a result, her ability to express her Noble Phantasm's true power is restricted subconsciously until such time that she is able to truly reconcile with her past, rather than merely shoulder its burden.
    Last edited by Sunny; August 11th, 2013 at 01:01 AM.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    I like it! The first NP is definitely very interesting, and is where the majority of the interest for the character lies, along with this false legend forced upon her. I like her supposed style of combat and her stubborn pride. The second NP is a bit conventional as far as Riders go, but hey, that's nothing too unusual. I would question such a minor Heroic Spirit being able to hit A+ for her Phantasm, but given how Riders are stated to have powerful Phantasms I guess it isn't too much of an issue.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry I couldn't do any responsing to your post, I have just been way too busy lately with writing of my own ;_;

Overall, though, I really do like it, and it's a nice piece of Roman history to touch on that most wouldn't think of including. It's these sorts of cleverly made, unexpected Servants that really stand out to me, so excellent job on this!
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    What's the difference between False and True Imperial Privilege

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStorm666 View Post
    What's the difference between False and True Imperial Privilege
    Well, I wanted to go with a (False) version here because the difference is basically intended to be like...

True: Giving yourself skills because you, the Emperor, insist you deserve them
    False: Having skills forced on you because the Emperor insisted you had them

So she's not giving herself the skills, she's having them thrust on her, and she knows she doesn't deserve them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant
    The second NP is a bit conventional as far as Riders go, but hey, that's nothing too unusual. I would question such a minor Heroic Spirit being able to hit A+ for her Phantasm, but given how Riders are stated to have powerful Phantasms I guess it isn't too much of an issue.
    Mmm, yeah. I feel uninspired on the mount, but Rider was the only class that she really could have fit into, so I had to do some inflation on her "riding a chariot." Pulling from Egyptian mythos and attributing the power level to her Privilege is the best I could think of. I just really wanted to do something with that idea for the chains, so the second NP is trying to fit her into a Servant class container, eheh.

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X
    I'm sorry I couldn't do any responsing to your post, I have just been way too busy lately with writing of my own ;_;
    And that's alright, really! I appreciated the willingness to beta it, even if you didn't have time. ^^; Thanks for the nice commentary.
    Last edited by Sunny; August 11th, 2013 at 01:40 AM.

Okay, it's official. Cyber Angel is probably my favorite Servant maker. Seriously, love every profile I've seen you put in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    Just embrace the trolling and enjoy it like a fine croissant.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Is this another debate along the lines of "Caliburn is stronger than Excalibur"?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    Perfect.

Crystallization of human will isn't a human element?
    No, because it was crystallized and forged into a weapon by the fairies.

I'm inclined towards this too, basically, there are some new things that people wouldn't have thought about back then (IE Machine guns) so he may not have them.
    Machine guns and nuclear weapons are also included in GoB. They come as free accessories with a Vimana.

Also, if there are prototypes weaker than the original (if) then that brings another strange question "Would Ea have a successor weapon?"
    Ea is explicitly stated as the only weapon of Gilgamesh’s that has no successors nor it was replicated in any way. It’s a weapon that is truly Gilgamesh’s and Gilgamesh alone possessed it.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Guys there was no faires involved in the making of Excalibur.
    Excalibur was not forged by mankind, but crystallised within the Earth, using the wishes of mankind as the basis. It is one of the ultimate God-forged weapons, a Last Phantasm. Originally cared for by the Faeries of the Planet, it was passed into the hands of King Arthur through the Lady of the Lake.
    A divine construction, forged by the planet. The pinnacle of holy swords. The stored wishes of mankind that had become crystallized and tempered within the planet. It had been guarded by the extensions of the planet (High Spirits/fairies) but had passed briefly into the hands of a King Arthur.
    Cared for is not the same as made.

I'd hazard a guess that it might even be older than Gilgamesh and because of its method of construction(humanity didn't want it to be made, it was just made), it might not be in GoB. But, in all honesty, it probably is, Saber's beauty makes it shine bright enough that Gil notices it and before it just rotted on his treasure pile or something stupid like that.
    Last edited by BlackField; August 11th, 2013 at 08:12 AM.

After all of this there is a chance that Gil has Excalibur seeing as he never says he doesn't have it.
    But I still don't understand why he doesn't have Avalon or prototype of Avalon or something like that.

As Kelnish argued earlier Gil has everything that can be classified as treasure so wouldn't Avalon meet the criteria.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How do we know he doesn't have Avalon? Last he knew Saber had lost it, so he wasn't going to think lolinviciblebarrier. Or the thing that Avalon is based on was shit tier as compared to Avalon(like just did the self healing and had a shitty barrier).
    Last edited by BlackField; August 11th, 2013 at 09:19 AM.

Well ... at least without Saber around, Avalon seems mostly useless.

It's official; The Gate of Babylon is now the Gate of Confusion.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I was searching for mythical swords today out of searching material for my fanfic and found "Claiomh Solais", which, for some odd reason, reminded me of Ea. I'm more inclined to believe Ea simply has no successor yet, given how it operates in a completely different way from swords. But meh, this one's just me thinking so...

...It has no relation or effect similar to Ea I can find.

Also, stop thinking because when you think I could swear you become more stupid.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Gaboogie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post

Also, stop thinking because when you think I could swear you become more stupid.
    His posts aren't stupid...well, not that stupid; it's just what you'd expect from a fair number of newer TM fans: 'Why the hell is that douchbag Gilgamesh so OP?' Said question then being followed with 'How can I fix this...?' most of the time. Or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaboogie View Post
    His posts aren't stupid...well, not that stupid; it's just what you'd expect from a fair number of newer TM fans: 'Why the hell is that douchbag Gilgamesh so OP?' Said question then being followed with 'How can I fix this...?' most of the time. Or something along those lines.
    I believe it's not the noobness, that's to be expected. It's the apparent lack of aptitude for learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post

Weird because you seem to become even more of a douche every time you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaboogie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    I believe it's not the noobness, that's to be expected. It's the apparent lack of aptitude for learning.
    Nope, it's more along the lines of "curiosity is already killing the cat, so why not just sate that curiosity and kill him faster?"

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Weird because you seem to become even more of a douche every time you post.
    You bring out the worst in me. Congratulations.

Smiles everyone, smiles!
    This is like some great fantasy.