Page 453 of 782 FirstFirst ... 353403443448451452453454455458463503553 ... LastLast
Results 9,041 to 9,060 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    The only dragon riders I can think of off the top of my head are the Garaboncias, Hungarian wizards that rode them and concealed themselves in storms.
    Well, I can see how I easily missed these guys. A google search of them barely gives anything useful. Not great as a Servant idea though. Seems my vision of a awesome dragon Rider will remain unfulfilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    TV Tropes doesn't have a mythology section for the Dragon Rider trope. Clearly all hope is lost.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, Xuangzang the monk rode a dragon in the Journey to the West. I mean, it was a dragon that had been turned into a horse and there was nothing special about it, but it's the only named individual I can think of who rode a dragon in any form.

Xuangzang could make for a cool Servant regardless of what you do with him though.
    Might be kinda fun to try and make a Servant out of this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    Just embrace the trolling and enjoy it like a fine croissant.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    When I decided to have a dragon rider I just decided to make my own, fuck the legends. That's how I ended up with Clyddno Eiddon as a Rider-class Servant.

Blog Entries
    TV Tropes doesn't have a mythology section for the Dragon Rider trope. Clearly all hope is lost.

TVT is shitty and unreliable, so nothing of value was lost.

Blog Entries
    *whoosh*

Blog Entries
    Seriously, TVT lacks many stuff. I could pick more serious and analytic book about Central or Eastern European folk beliefs and find interesting stuff that is not there. Probably the same applies to other mythologies. Maybe there are dragon riders, people just need to dig harder to find a source.

Blog Entries
    [whooshing intensifies]

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Say, any of you know any notable non GB female Rider out there?
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Say, any of you know any notable non GB female Rider out there?
    Is that potential Riders in myths or canon Riders?

Blog Entries
    Boudicca, Medea (gib Colchis dragon plz), Bradamante, any one of the Japanese ladies of war that seem to pop up every now and again, could probably jam Mulan into the role, Trieu Thi Trinh rode an elephant from memory, Anne Bonney & Grainne O'Malley and Ching Shih were all pirates with boats...

Just off the top of my head.

Blog Entries
    From my country also Emilia Plater could qualify (early 19th century, a commander in November uprising) or Teofila Chmielecka, "She-Wolf of Steppes", who fought along her husband against Tartars in early 17th century in what is now modern Ukraine. Not super uber female Riders, but probably could qualify.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    any one of the Japanese ladies of war that seem to pop up every now and again

Tomoe Gozen?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    Is that potential Riders in myths or canon Riders?
    Potential Rider material. I dont know if it's google or it's me or there are justnot many famous female riders

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    The various shieldmaidens in Norse myth, and some of the Amazons like Penthesilea might count.
    I'm sort of already making Penthesilea as Lancer though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCaptainKatsura View Post
    From my country also Emilia Plater could qualify (early 19th century, a commander in November uprising) or Teofila Chmielecka, "She-Wolf of Steppes", who fought along her husband against Tartars in early 17th century in what is now modern Ukraine. Not super uber female Riders, but probably could qualify.
    Boudicca, Medea (gib Colchis dragon plz), Bradamante, any one of the Japanese ladies of war that seem to pop up every now and again, could probably jam Mulan into the role, Trieu Thi Trinh rode an elephant from memory, Anne Bonney & Grainne O'Malley and Ching Shih were all pirates with boats...

Thanks, I could work wth some of this.
    Last edited by castor212; August 2nd, 2014 at 09:18 AM.

Blog Entries
    Tomoe Gozen, Hangaku Gozen, Empress Jingu, any of the onna bushiga really. They all rode horses pretty good.

If you want a real female Rider, check out the Mongol warriors. Now they knew how to ride a horse and kill things.

Blog Entries
    Tomoe Gozen, Hangaku Gozen, Empress Jingu, any of the onna bushiga really. They all rode horses pretty good.

If you want a real female Rider, check out the Mongol warriors. Now they knew how to ride a horse and kill things.

I was planning on Rider who has an actual legendary mount. I found several males. Females, not so much.

Blog Entries
    Bradamante has Rabicano, a horse of wind and fire, which is pretty neat. Also the golden lance, which is already an established Noble Phantasm that Astolfo uses, which is helpful. Most of the others didn't really pull the "legendary mount" schtick because that was a job for men.

But Trieu Thi Trinh rode a white elephant with one tusk, which is pretty badass.

Blog Entries
    Bradamante has Rabicano, a horse of wind and fire, which is pretty neat. Also the golden lance, which is already an established Noble Phantasm that Astolfo uses, which is helpful. Most of the others didn't really pull the "legendary mount" schtick because that was a job for men.

But Trieu Thi Trinh rode a white elephant with one tusk, which is pretty badass.
    I just read the sinopsis. Damn, if only it wasnt a borrowed NPs.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Khaos View Post
    Anyone know of any mythological figures who rode dragons in at least some fashion? Looking to make a badass Rider with a dragon. Just spent a while searching the interwebz and I'm coming up with nothing. Wondering if this is perhaps a lost cause.
    That's what happened to Nasu as well.

Blog Entries
    He wanted a dragon rider for Zero, didn't he? Xander was going to be some oddball extra class or something?

Blog Entries
    Finally done. This one was quite hard.

Personal Information:

Class Name : Lancer
    True Name : Penthesilea
    Sex :
    Female
    Alignment : Lawful Neutral
    Height / Weight : 180cm/67kg

Background:
    Spoiler:
    Penthesilea was an Amazonian queen in Greek mythology, the daughter of Ares and Otrera. She had three sisters; Hippolyta, Antiope, and Melanippe. Growing up amid the Amazons, Penthesilea became known not only for her bravery and skill with numerous weapons, but also for her intelligence and inventiveness. As with the other Amazons, she has no right breast. When she and her sisters are yet babies, their mother make red-hot a bronze instrument constructed for this very purpose and apply it to the right breast and cauterize it, so that its growth is arrested, and all its strength and bulk are diverted to the right shoulder and right arm. Her youthful prowess was spent largely on hunting. Her favorite was a race against her sisters hunting deers.

In one such hunt, her overeagerness proved fatal; she pierced her sister Hippolyta, who was the current queen, with the spear she threw and killed her. Overcome with grief, she wished for nothing but death after what she had done. But as a warrios and Amazon, the custom of her people demanded that she pay her deeds with a honorable death in battlefield. As it is, she then decided to join in the Trojan War fighting on the side of Troy's defenders hoping for the overwhelming force of the Achaean could grant her death and peace.

Officially, Penthesilea came to Troy to prove to others that her people, the Amazons, are great warriors and can share the hardships of war. She arrived with twelve companions and personal guards: Antibrote, Ainia, Alcibie, Polemusa, Clete, Harmothoe, Hippothoe, Thermodosa, Antandre, Bremusa, Derimacheia, and Derinoe.

They all promised the Trojans that they would kill one of the greatest commander in Achaean's side, Achilles. None of her companions knew that she seek only retribution in death, and she believed the honor from achieving that by the hand of the great hero Achilles would surely redeemed her name and appease the gods.

Upon reaching the battlefield, Penthesilea and her twelve companions fought fiercely against the Achaean and slew many legendary Greek warriors, and upon reaching the center of the battlefield, in all her bloody glory, clashes with Telamonian Ajax, though the fight between her and Ajax produced no clear victor.

Knowing that only Achilles stood a chance against her, Ajax retreat and held back the Trojan forces so that Achilles could reach the Amazon queen. They clashed in heated combat first on horseback, then on foot. Achilles was impervious to harm except for his famously vulnerable heel, a weakness Penthesilea did not know, thanks to protection from the Greek god Zeus, and Penthesilea was too often on the defense. Despite her extraordinary prowess, she eventually grew tired from the relentless assault. Achilles took advantage of her fatigue and, in an instant, plunged his sword deep into her breast.

The moment that Achilles killed his Amazon adversary was when he fell in love with her. After removing the fallen Amazon’s helmet, the hero was so overwhelmed by her beauty that he began to cry from the remorse of killing her. One of his lieutenants, Thersites, a simple soldier and the ugliest Achaean, taunted Achilles over his love and laughed at him, and then he proceed on gouging out Penthesilea's eyes. Enraged, Achilles responded to this disrespect by immediately slew Thersites.

The rest of Penthesilea companions was devastated upon these results, and upon realizing that Penthesilea had always been looking for death in the Trojan War, decided to honor her in making sure her death did not go in vain; they stay on the Trojan's side of the war with the intent of taking as many Achaeans as they can, even if thay have to follow Penthesilea to Hades' doors of death. In the end, only Clete remained, who in accord with the Penthesilea's will, sailed off and eventually landed in Italy, founding the city of Clete.

A warrior queen whose death befits a bold life, Pentesilea is the prominent figure of a fierce and courageous female warrior who almost beat the most dominant of male heroes. And although she was beautiful, she was as respected for her wisdom and military skills as much as she was for her appearance.

Summoned by an average magus from a non-distinguishable lineage, she have grown quite fond of his Master in an older sister kind of manner.

Parameters:

Strength : B
    Endurance : B
    Agility : B
    Prana : C
    Luck : E
    Noble Phantasm : B+

Class Skill:

Magic Resistance : B
    Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for him to be affected.

Personal Skill:

Divinity : B
    Strength of one's godlike nature. The more godlike blood one possessed, the higher this stat becomes.

Charisma : C
    Increase leadership skills. Bonus point for direct interference upon commanding the army.

Bravery : B
    Able to fend-off attempts of any mental interference such as coercion, confusion, or illusions.

Mind's Eye (True) : B
    Capable of calm analysis of battle conditions even when in danger and deduce an appropriate course of action after considering all possibilities to escape from a predicament. So long there is even a 1% chance of a comeback, this ability greatly improves the chances of winning.

Noble Phantasm:

Phalanx of the Mournful
    Troias Sintrophia
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 2-6
    Maximum Targets: 1 person

A manifestation of different 12 attributes of the combat capabilities of each of Penthesilea's companion, who follows her even to death. A Noble Phantasm that excels in its versatility. Activation requires an incantation name of maximum 4 different attributes at the same time. Changes of attributes consume prana, and the amount of incantation name she can invoke for a day largely depends on prana supply.
    The attribute focus points are her spear, shield, and armor.

Antibrote : END rank up
    Ainia : AGI rank up
    Alcibie : STR rank up
    Polemusa : LCK rank up
    Clete : invoke an impact extra damage for each spear hit
    Harmothoe : increase spear's sharpness and piercing capability
    Hippothoe : invoke a one time charging attack with spear tip as focus point
    Thermodosa : invoke a sweltering heat effect on spear
    Antandre : raise physical resistance when fighting men
    Bremusa : raise magical resistance when fighting men
    Derimacheia : raise resistance against projectile
    Derinoe : raise resistance against mental interference

Design:
    One of the hardest to design Noble Phantasm, at least for me, as she has no known weapon or technique in legend. When I set the divinity on B since she was the daughter of a major Olympian god Ares, I became pretty confused, as she was supposed to be able to nullify Andres Amarantos with higher rank of Divinity, and there's no way the child of Ared has Divinity on D rank. I also dont know if B rank on Magic Resistance is too high or not.

After that, I took the liberty of making Penthesilea simply does not know the requirement of negating Andres Amarantos. (tl;dr I gave up).

Incantation name was taken from Penthesilea's companion name, together with their name meaning (google rulz):
    Antibrote (Fortitude/Opposition)
    Ainia (Swiftness)
    Alcibie (Strength)
    Polemusa (Gift)
    Clete (Invoked)
    Harmothoe (Sharp Nail)
    Hippothoe (Imperious Mare)
    Thermodosa (Heated One)
    Antandre (Preceding Men)
    Bremusa (Raging Female)
    Derimacheia (Wearing Leather Armor)
    Derinoe (Tough Mind)

Critics are more than welcomed, but please be gentle with me. I have a fragile kokoro m(_ _)m.
    Last edited by castor212; August 3rd, 2014 at 02:07 AM.