Page 565 of 782 FirstFirst ... 65465515555560563564565566567570575615665 ... LastLast
Results 11,281 to 11,300 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Hannibal won the Battle of Cannae, one of the most impressive battles in history period. I think it's reasonable, if a bit much, for him to have A+ Tactics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Council View Post
    There has already been a Hannibal Servant down the line... people have given great praise to the writer, whose name I cannot recall- As his Noble Phantasms weakened over the course of the War to reflect how the Punnic Wars became more one-sided in Rome's favor with time. I am more than fond the concept. I don't know how you could top them, thus, surprise us:3
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Oh, I found~

The writer was SINIB; I recommend the read:3

And, I do find yours is far too powerful in comparison. To have A+ Military Tactics for the man who lost three out of three wars is a stretch. The Roman empire was just a Roman country back then, remember. He didn't defeat impossible odds, just bad ones. Rank B is already reserved for people in general who never lost a battle. And how his NPs degrade with time reflects his nature as a hero, which I do believe is more than half of what Heroic Spirits are intended to be.
    I disagree. Military Tactics is an ability of high tactical knowledge for battles where many people are utilized for combat. There is nothing stated that supports a high rank in this skill via never losing a battle, and I'm saying this assuming what you stated is your opinion. If it is a source, I would love to see it.

In regards to Hannibal possessing an A+ rank, I personally think it is within the realm of reason, worthy for someone who is at least top 10 (can be argued top 5) all time for greatest military commander/general in history. He displayed tactics that were widely famous in military combat even up to the present time and had mind-blowing results people back then couldn't even imagine; in fact, people today analyzing these tactics from a perspective of modern era combat can still appreciate its effectiveness. That was how good Hannibal's tactics are: it built a legacy that continues onto today.
    Last edited by Clyton; May 28th, 2015 at 07:20 PM.

I won't pretend to be an expert on military history, but Hannibal's tactics being studied today is nothing special. Alexander's are too, and they were much more successful, but he only has a B rank.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Sun Tzu servant? another instence where a skill becomes a NP.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Highest Military Tactics I can think of is probably Subutai

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have to agree that Mr. Art of War is probably the Highest Military Tactics even if he is probably a fictional dude.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    I have to agree that Mr. Art of War is probably the Highest Military Tactics even if he is probably a fictional dude.
    How the hell is he fictional? What are you smoking. He was a real general that wrote a book.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Haseo Nanaya View Post
    How the hell is he fictional? What are you smoking. He was a real general that wrote a book.
    Sun Tzu's historicity is uncertain. Sima Qian and other traditional historians placed him as a minister to King Helü of Wu and dated his lifetime to 544–496 BC. Modern scholars accepting his historicity nonetheless place the existing text of The Art of War in the later Warring States period based upon its style of composition and its descriptions of warfare.
    The oldest available sources disagree as to where Sun Tzu was born. The Spring and Autumn Annals states that Sun Tzu was born in Qi,[8] while Sima Qian's later Records of the Grand Historian states that Sun Tzu was a native of Wu.
    Skeptics cite possible historical inaccuracies and anachronisms in the text, as well as the likelihood of the execution of the king's favorite concubines.[citation needed] This skepticism, which sometimes cause scholars to completely deny the existence of a historical figure named Sun Wu, has led to acrimonious debate between skeptics and traditionalists, especially in China. Attribution of the authorship of The Art of War varies among scholars and has included people and movements including Sun; Chu scholar Wu Zixu; an anonymous author; a school of theorists in Qi or Wu; Sun Bin; and others.
    Last edited by Christemo; May 28th, 2015 at 08:15 PM.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    He's possibly fictional much like Sasaki Kojirou is fictional. There's stuff that doesn't line up that suggests a "real person" and "what we know" disconnect.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    That only questions WHEN he lived not if he existed. Some one had to have written the book otherwise it wouldn't exist. It's also very old so there would be inconsistencies.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    That only questions WHEN he lived not if he existed. Some one had to have written the book otherwise it wouldn't exist.
    Just like Sasaki Kojirou as a person and the guy that did Tsubame Gaeshi separately existed.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    That only questions WHEN he lived not if he existed. Some one had to have written the book otherwise it wouldn't exist.
    That someone doesnt have to be Sun Tzu. Sun Tzu supposedly lived in the 500's BC, yet the Art of War is written akin to books from a period which's beginning his death predates by over 20 years.

It's like claiming Hermes Trismegistus is a real person because the Hermetica is attributed to his name, when he was obviously a fusion of Thoth and Hermes in the Greco-Egyptian period, and the Hermetica was just penned by someone using that name.
    Last edited by Christemo; May 28th, 2015 at 08:21 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    That someone doesnt have to be Sun Tzu. Sun Tzu supposedly lived in the 500's BC, yet the Art of War is written akin to books from a period that he predates by over 20 years.
    only 20 years? you know it's not like people only live 19 years and not like idk 40-80 years. Or that it was just re-written. or any number if things

Banned
    Blog Entries
    only 20 years? you know it's not like people only live 19 years and not like idk 40-80 years. Or that it was just re-written. or any number if things
    His death predates the beginning of the Warring States Period by 20 years, he never lived to see it.

Regardless you can't with any kind of certainty claim Sun Tzu is a real person.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Council's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyton View Post
    I disagree. Military Tactics is an ability of high tactical knowledge for battles where many people are utilized for combat. There is nothing stated that supports a high rank in this skill via never losing a battle, and I'm saying this assuming what you stated is your opinion. If it is a source, I would love to see it.
    Err..?o.o

Spoiler:

We have two Servants who have Military Tactics, each B Rank, and none of the two lost a battle. I don't know how was I supposed to miss them.

They are the only ones we have for comparison for our own works. Their capabilities at their Rank should be what you use as a basis.

In regards to Hannibal possessing an A+ rank, I personally think it is within the realm of reason, worthy for someone who is at least top 10 (can be argued top 5) all time for greatest military commander/general in history. He displayed tactics that were widely famous in military combat even up to the present time and had mind-blowing results people back then couldn't even imagine; in fact, people today analyzing these tactics from a perspective of modern era combat can still appreciate its effectiveness. That was how good Hannibal's tactics are: it built a legacy that continues onto today.
    I believe the above is what Christemo refers to as fanwank.

First and foremost, every decent to good general is studied by modern military and historians. Regardless of their age. Such is basic routine practice, not some badge of honor they reserve for an arbitrary top ten. Soldiers don't make lists. You can learn new ideas from everyone.

What history books did you read? The man fought a defensive war with bad odds. Outnumbered more with each war, and he did a great job with what he had at hand. He has shown some military genius on the occassion. He worked for his footnote in history, for certain.
    But had he not been a stepping stone to one of the most influential empires in the world, we would not remember him. He is made famous by his enemies. He's otherwise a nobody. He has fought the Romans and didn't fail as spectacular as everyone else did. He has lost his fair share of battles, AND every notable war. He was just a good commander.
    To raise him on the same level as Iskandar is already generous. More of a result of the modern perception of him than anything else. Let alone higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Is Not Into Bondage View Post
    Thanks!
    <3

Hannibal won the Battle of Cannae, one of the most impressive battles in history period. I think it's reasonable, if a bit much, for him to have A+ Tactics.
    As was said above, he had his moments of genius. Maybe he had a hidden potential he could have developed into the best military skill in history. We don't know, but one fantastic battle won is not indicative of anything. To be honest, envelopment is a step you'd expect your opponent to try. In the specific situation, too, the tactic was foreseeable and countermeasures were a possibility even while the battle raged on with a decent chain of command. The victory was more of a combination of Hannibal's skill and Varro's ineptitude. The eastern wind to bring dust into the Roman's eyes in an area where western winds are dominant was also rather fortunate for him.

In short, the battle was impressive, and far more than the orchestrator.
    Last edited by Council; May 29th, 2015 at 02:16 AM.
    They are a family in the end<3
    [IMG]****************************convkey/b661/18u906w0cxufpguzg.jpg[/IMG]

I have commited a horrible crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Nooooo, my auto-merge.
    ; - ;

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Err..?o.o

Spoiler:

We have two Servants who have Military Tactics, each B Rank, and none of the two lost a battle. I don't know how was I supposed to miss them.

They are the only ones we have for comparison for our own works. Their capabilities at their Rank should be what you use as a basis.

Obviously! Tactics such as attacking the enemy lines before they are ready or maneuvering a small portion of an army into an area the enemy least expects for a flank attack are worthy of obtaining a B-Rank Military Tactics skill (these are just hypothetical standards, and in my opinions). Having a 100% win rate in all battles is not the indicator that they have a B rank in that skill. For example, if a relatively unknown general wins one single battle through a common tactic such as an ambush, never participates again and boasts his perfect win rate, would he get a B rank Military Tactic skill under the Servant system? Cause you imply that is the case.

And Nobunaga did lose some battles in his career.

I believe the above is what Christemo refers to as fanwank.

I'm glad you noticed Gotta force a discussion!

First and foremost, every decent to good general is studied by modern military and historians. Regardless of their age. Such is basic routine practice, not some badge of honor they reserve for an arbitrary top ten. Soldiers don't make lists. You can learn new ideas from everyone.

What history books did you read? *Wikipedia!*

The man fought a defensive war with bad odds. Outnumbered more with each war, and he did a great job with what he had at hand. He has shown some military genius on the occasion. He worked for his footnote in history, for certain. But had he not been a stepping stone to one of the most influential empires in the world, we would not remember him. He is made famous by his enemies. Well, that's good!

He's otherwise a nobody. He has fought the Romans and didn't fail as spectacular as everyone else did. He has lost his fair share of battles, AND every notable war. He was just a good commander.
    To raise him on the same level as Iskandar is already generous. More of a result of the modern perception of him than anything else. Let alone higher.

And fortunately, that is fine. The world has already overhyped his achievements and legacy. The Throne of Heroes says "you see all that wanking the historians/soldiers/humans are doing to Hannibal? Let's give him at least an equivalent rank of Military Tactics as Iskandar's in response to all this recognition, even if in reality he doesn't deserve it!" Cause of course, the perception and fame of the hero in question adds greatly to the finalized Servant skill set a Heroic Spirit receives. Even if A+ is the most unreasonable within the realm of reason, a B rank for Hannibal's Military Tactics certainly isn't. A great insult to Rider who, in life, never lost a battle. But whoever said win rates in their military campaign has more influence over their usage and display of superb "military tactics?" *shrugs*

<3

As was said above, he had his moments of genius. Maybe he had a hidden potential he could have developed into the best military skill in history. We don't know, but one fantastic battle won is not indicative of anything. To be honest, envelopment is a step you'd expect your opponent to try. In the specific situation, too, the tactic was foreseeable and countermeasures were a possibility even while the battle raged on with a decent chain of command. The victory was more of a combination of Hannibal's skill and Varro's ineptitude. The eastern wind to bring dust into the Roman's eyes in an area where western winds are dominant was also rather fortunate for him. I'll keep that in mind when I raise his Luck statistic

In short, the battle was impressive, and far more than the orchestrator.
    And thus, my horrible attempt at comedy ends, and I must leave the stage.
    Last edited by Clyton; May 29th, 2015 at 03:47 AM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Caster
    STR: E
    END: E
    AGI: D
    MAG: A+
    LUCK: A
    NP: A

Class Skills

Territory Creation (X): Caster’s Temple of Apollo Noble Phantasm replaces this skill.

Item Construction (B): The ability to create magical items. Caster specializes in creating devices that enhance divination techniques, as well as potions that can induce trances.

Personal Skills
    Premonition (A+): The ability to divine the future. As an Oracle, Caster’s holds the highest rank possible of this skill. She is able to accurately divine the future, with her predictions changing events from possibility to certainty. Whatever she predicts will happen.

Mental Pollution (X/A): The mind has become distorted. Provides protection against mental thaumaturgy. Caster normally has no rank in this skill, however she gains an A rank whenever she predicts something, due to the hallucinogenic trance she must enter to see the future. Though her prophecies are invariably accurate, interpreting them in a way that will be helpful proves troublesome.

Divine Favour (B): As a high priestess of the god Apollo, Caster’s magecraft is based on his powers. Apollo is the god of light, prophecy, medicine, disease, the creative arts and sport. In dangerous situations, Caster also gains a rank up to all stats except Luck.

Noble Phantasms

Temple of Apollo – The Temple of Light (Anti-Territory, B): The temple at Delphi that honoured the god Apollo. By invoking this Noble Phantasm, Caster can claim an area equivalent to an A-rank in Territory Creation. Within, her powers of foresight increase in magnitude. An undying flame burns at the heart of the temple, which Caster can use as a source of prana.

Python – The Earth Serpent (Anti-Army, A): The monstrous earth dragon that Apollo slew at Delphi, who was then buried beneath the foundations of the Temple. By using the bones as a catalyst, Caster can resurrect the Python under her control. A low-ranking Phantasmal Beast, it is still nonetheless a threatening opponent.

Black Books – The Oracle’s Texts (Support, E): A Noble Phantasm that automatically records the prophecies Caster makes. It can only record, and is therefore only useful as a frame of reference.

Notes
    Caster is the Pythia, the famed Oracle of Delphi dedicated to the god Apollo. Though there were many seers at Delphi, she was the first, the original Oracle. When Apollo slew the Python and established the temple at Delphi, he bestowed the gift of prophecy on a nameless priestess and enshrined her within. After death, her spirit remained in the temple, and would seize control of other priestesses who would attempt to see the future. As her name has been lost to history, she is a lesser quality Heroic Spirit, more akin to a wraith. Without a name, she elects to call herself Sibyl.

I'm not too happy with this one. I feel like it's even less than my usual efforts, but I can't think of anything else to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Relatively simple but I'm surprised no one else has done her yet.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for reminding me that my Hannibal sheet was almost finished, nerds. Three hour ferry ride = polished up sheet. The FiveX Batsignal has been lit.

Hannibal Barca
    Father of Strategy

Class: Rider
    Alternate Classes: None
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Parameters:
    Strength: C
    Endurance: B
    Agility: D
    Mana: D
    Luck: B

Class Skills:

Riding
    The ability to ride animals or vehicles with extraordinary skill.

C: Rider is able to ride natural beasts of any sort, but not most Phantasmal Beasts.

Magic Resistance
    Unlike the basic concept of rejection of prana through standard principles of Resistance, this ability is the complete nullification of magical spells and effects.

D: Cancel Single-Action Spells. Cannot defend against significant Thaumaturgy at any level, being more akin to the resistance provided by a high-quality amulet of magical rejection.

Personal Skills:

Administration
    Through clever and skillful management and logistics, it is possible to accumulate substantial resources and influence.

B: After losing the war waged against the Roman Republic, Carthage was left on the brink of bankruptcy, but within a decade Rider was able to revive the Carthaginian fortunes to their pre-war strengths. In conjunction with his Charisma and Logistics skills, Rider can use Administration to gain substantial power and allies, and is masterful at organisation and execution of strategies, making even relatively mundane methods and strategies notably more effective than they would normally be, in all walks of life.

Charisma
    The natural talent to command an army. Increases the abilities of allies in group battles, Charisma is a rare ability.

B: A suitable level of Charisma for the king of a country. Rider utilises this good level of Charisma to entice others to join his ranks through honour duels or savvy politicking, and his soldiers remain loyal to him even in dire situations due to this skill.

Linguistic Legacy
    Through the generations, tales of your deeds have been passed down in such a way that you continue to exist in the minds of a population through common phrases or idioms.

C: Rider was such a dangerous adversary to the Roman Republic that a common phrase in the Roman lexicon was “Hannibal ante portas”, meaning “Hannibal is at the gates!” as a way of expressing looming danger and anxiety towards future events. A mid-level mental interference effect is present in the minds of those who are not allies of Rider, whenever he is within a kilometer of their position. This mental interference causes sensations of uneasiness and disruption that may interrupt certain technical skills or drain morale.

Logistics
    Intelligent use of available resources lowers the strain of the cost of maintaining or activating certain abilities.

A: Strategic utility of supply lines, exploitation of local resources and canny management of personal rations allows for the most efficient use of abilities possible, reducing their overall cost to execute by 50%. At this rank Logistics can be considered comparable to Independent Action alongside its other benefits.

Undying Promise
    A sworn oath that must be upheld at all times.

B: At the age of nine, Rider swore an oath to his father that he would never be a friend to the Romans, after the results of the First Punic War and the Mercenary War had jaded his father to the idea of peace with the Roman Republic. Whenever Rider faces an opponent of Roman heritage he gains a Rank Up to his Physical Parameters. If at any time he does ally himself with a Roman, even if forced to by circumstances, he loses three Ranks to his Luck Parameter and a Rank to his Noble Phantasms, instead.

General of Unity
    Army of A Thousand Nations

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: ~
    Targets: 1-9999

Description: During the early periods of his various campaigns against Rome, Rider was afforded the wealth of the Carthaginian financial empire in order to purchase mercenaries to act as soldiers in his employ, and he utilised these mercenaries to great effect. However, as his campaigns drew on and the financial support of the distant Carthage dwindled, he was instead forced to supplement his numbers through other methods.

Fortunately, Rider’s charisma and earnest management of his men drew others to him and he would regularly end up recruiting soldiers from the various Italic tribes that he defeated as he moved through the Italian peninsula. Often he would personally duel the leader of a tribe with the condition that the tribe’s soldiers would fall under Rider’s employ if the tribal commander was beaten, and no commander reneged on their agreements with him after being defeated, thanks to his outstanding leadership capabilities. Even in times of financial hardship, when he was unable to offer payment to those who would serve him, the nature of Rider as a leader and a man was just too enticing for most soldiers to refuse, and they would continue to serve him loyally throughout the entirety of his long and exhausting campaigns against the Roman Republic.

General of Unity crystallises as a nigh-preternatural ability to coax others to fight alongside Rider, and equip them for battle. As long as objectives or natures do not run substantially counter to Rider’s own it is possible for him to enact Luck checks against his own Luck Parameter to employ those he appeals to for assistance, with bonuses to the check provided by his level of Charisma. If the target is someone that Rider or his allies have defeated in combat through Rider’s own strategies then recruitment is guaranteed if the defeated party is not completely opposed to recruitment for ideological reasons. In any case, once Rider has successfully enlisted soldiers into his army they receive a small portion of his mana, providing basic level reinforcement of their parameters and imbuing their weapons with the spiritual nature necessary to injure Ghost Liners and other similar familiars.

Though ordinary human combatants are no match for a Servant one-on-one even with these enhancements, General of Unity brings them up to a level comparable to battle familiars, golems or homunculi, and in great numbers the effectiveness of soldiers in the employ of Rider cannot be underestimated, particularly with his various other skills supporting them. Unfortunately, due to the constant provision of prana to his soldiers to keep their battle capabilities at acceptable levels, Rider tends to draw on increasingly large sums of magical energy to keep his army going, so his Logistics skill becomes vitally important as any war grinds onwards.

Surus
    The One-Tusked Beast

Type: Anti-Barrier/Anti-Army
    Range: 2-30
    Targets: 1-25

Description: One of the most famous of Rider’s tactics was his highly effective use of war-elephants, which were regularly used as shocktroopers to break apart enemy formations. Indeed, his feat of bringing war-elephants over the Alps during his arduous crossing is one of the most recognised of his actions among the general populus. Because of his close association with the image of the war-elephant, it should be no surprise that his mount as a Rider-class Servant is one of these powerful beasts.

Rider is able to expend a moderate amount of magical energy to call forth his personal war-elephant, Surus. A mighty steed who has endured many campaigns and battles, Surus is hardy and striking, with its single sharp tusk and its blood-red armour. Surus is a descendant of the grand elephants of Syria, themselves descended from animals in Alexander the Great’s forces, and so it is fitting that conquest and battle are his lifeblood. Having accumulated enough mystery and fame as the last and greatest of Rider’s elephants, Surus has risen to a level comparable to a Magical Beast, and thus is far more powerful than any modern-day elephant would be.

While not especially fast for the most part, nor very agile at all, Surus has an exceedingly high AC rating and can endure most attacks with ease. It bears general Anti-Magic properties that it can utilise during charges to break through magical defenses and barriers, being specialised towards this latter task. Surus is only able to charge in a straight line and only has medium-range coverage with its charge, but it becomes like a battering ram surrounded by pure magical force when it does charge, its singular tusk acting as a wallbreaker of a high calibre.

Surus is more than simply a weapon for Rider, acting as a logistical and strategic mobile command centre for him. Utilising Surus’ trumpeting as messages allows Rider to convey messages with great effect to all of his troops on the battlefield, granting him Battle Coordination at Rank C, which in turn enhances the effects of his Administration and Charisma skills. Due to his raised vantage point Rider is able to survey the battlefield effectively, gaining Clairvoyance Rank D, and the boldly-decorated armor of Surus bears the symbols of Carthage upon it, granting the Parameter-boosting Standard Bearer skill at Rank D. Surus itself has Rank A Magic Resistance, Rank B Dread Scream and Rank C Unshakeable Defense as Personal Skills.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Class: Caster
    True Name: Niccolò Paganini, The Devil’s Violinist
    Alignment: (Chaotic) Neutral
    Talents: playing the violin.
    Natural Enemy: Berserker
    Image Color: black, rigorously black.

STR: E MGI: D
    END: E LCK: C
    AGI: E NP: C

Background:_______________________________________ ___________________________________

Handsome and Cursed.

Spoiler:
    Niccolò Paganini. The most celebrated violinist virtuoso of 19th century. A figure shrouded in macabre and mystery.

The genius who died twice: when he was just ten years old, a severe case of measles struck him down. He was already wrapped in the buried shroud, when the family noticed his little body slowing moving...
    As a matter of fact, Paganini was always of poor health, and the successive fights against syphilis and an inborn syndrome left him with a rather eerie visage: pale, tall and slim, with eyes sunken in the sockets and an evanescing jaw, made permanently silent by laryngitis, the fingers of his left hand (the one which presses the cords of the violin) unnaturally long and thin like the legs of a spider, not to mention its extremely flexible and nimble articulations.
    Always appearing dressed in black, with clothes almost of a size too large, and on the stage shaking with virtuosism, he almost didn’t appear like a human figure: with his skills he found immediate fame and success, becoming a true “rock star” of his time, his music captivated everyone who listened to it and, although not the classical style of “handsome”, in a period in which Romanticism and the figure of the “cursed artistic soul” was in full swing, he had plenty of lovers.
    Therefore it shouldn’t be surprised that around this impressive personality, grim and terrible stories of supernatural started to arise – and for that matter it seems Paganini played along with this rumours, as they suited his personality.

Nobody can play the violin like Paganini, surely he must have supernatural tutelage, he has made a pact with the devil, or maybe this sinister walking skeleton is the devil himself; he always travels in a black carriage drawn by black horses; he is surrounded by dark spirits, and one critic claims to have caught a glimpse of Satan puppeteering him from behind his back during one exhibition; he has a violin whose cords are made with the guts of a lover he repudiated and committed suicide, or he himself killed so that her soul could be a bridge between the two worlds; he plays at night in graveyards and in hospitals for the moribund, and other...

Such was his Faustian fame, that when he died in 1840 without the customary last rites the Church denied his body a Catholic burial, and only after decades of pleading to the Church and the Pope and various vicissitudes, his remains finally found peace and interred in Parma.

Class and Personal Skills:___________________________________________ ________________________

Item Construction: C-
    The skill to manufacture magical items.

Territory Creation: A
    The skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus. It allows Caster to assemble an “absolute artistic zone” that gives the user an advantage, rather like Nero’s Aestus Domus Aurea.

Faustian Pact: C
    Demons. Devils. Imaginary beings who are naturally empathetic and sympathetic towards mankind. That is why they take away people’s pains for themselves and why the relationship between a possessed individual and his demon can be seen as a contract working under the terms of equivalent exchange: to compensate for devouring his soul the demon put his powers at the service of his host. The natural ability of an imaginary demon is a Reality Marble and at the same time it is the alien common sense of demons.

Noble Phantasms:________________________________________ _________________________________

Infernaldivino: The Devil’s Music
    Type: Anti-Unit

Is this a dead man who has risen from the grave, a vampire with a violin?
    (Heinrich Heine)

Sell all your possession, pawn everything, but go to hear him. This is the most astounding, the most surprising, the most wonderful, the most miraculous, the most triumphant, the most bewildering, the most incredible, the most extraordinary and the most unexpected thing that ever happened. In a dream Tartini saw a devil playing a diabolic sonata, that devil was surely Paganini
    (Françoise Castil-Blase, Paris, 1831)

The hypnotic music played by Paganini. Rather than a fixed arrangement, its enchanting score is improvised by Caster in a different way every time, thus preventing loss of effectiveness in front of the harder audience. It is actually a work of thaumaturgy, and the medium through which Caster’s magic is manifested, capable to bewitch the souls and feelings of the listeners, brainwashing them through the action of the bow, almost moving like a magical wand... a truly diabolical technique, the work of a psychic vampire that drains the victims not of blood, but soul and at the same time, invigorating them.
    It’s a soul message, a communication of musical notes forged inside Caster’s troubled soul, a pure conveyance from his spirit to the souls of the audience.
    Admittedly though, its effectiveness decreases as the public lacks artistic tendencies.

Paganini Non Ripete: For Tonight’s Only
    Type: Anti-Unit (Support)

“The electricity I feel in dealing with the magical harmony hurts me horribly; but from my sound flows true magic that I do not know how nor dare to describe”

A statement of Paganini’s skill and philosophy of playing.
    This was Paganini’s best “trick”; on the stage, the orchestra starts playing, and Paganini unleashes from his violin a celestial music. When suddenly, a noise interrupts the audience’s rapture: one cord is broken! The audience holds its breath and the orchestra stops playing... but not Paganini, who undismayed keeps playing, snatching lovely sounds from the musical instrument. But the joy of the audience doesn’t last long, when a second string snaps: the leader stops the orchestra once again; Paganini doesn’t stop, and keeps pulling out notes from the remaining cords. As if nothing happened, he keeps playing at the limits of human talent, unfazed by difficulties.
    And then a third cord! Both the orchestra and the audience are paralyzed, but Paganini continues. Squeezing out every remaining note from the last cord of Sol, not one note is omitted, and with this the performance finally ends.
    A showmanship of both his talent and way of the virtuoso, in which he pushed what is possible to the limit of the instrument and his body. As a matter of fact, Paganini’s exhibitions were so energetic, that often featured the snapping of cords. He put so much passion and emotion that his fingertips would get injured to the point of bleeding. Not just a genius or an artist, but a true professional that keeps advancing despite the hardships, playing with his entire being on the bow and cords. Because of this, at the end of a performance in Turin, when king Carlo Felice of Savoy requested the maestro to repeat one of the pieces he played, Paganini defiantly and categorically answered:

“Paganini does not repeat.”

As a Noble Phantasm, it prevents Caster’s exhibition from being interrupted, ending only when Caster himself wishes so, while the audience is enchanted into listening to the full piece from start to finish, without the ability to alter it in any way. This Noble Phantasm is however only activable inside Caster’s Territory.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

After writers and a painter, why not a musician?