Page 268 of 858 FirstFirst ... 168218258263266267268269270273278318368768 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,360 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Thanks. Pretty good Servant sheet too, IMHO (also because of the twist on Helen's circumstances).

EDIT: your take on Clytemnestra is rather interesting as well!...
    Last edited by Der Geist; March 27th, 2017 at 10:01 AM.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Now I'm left to wonder if people actually use the lists on the OPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    Now I'm left to wonder if people actually use the lists on the OPs.
    Apologies, and thank you for the concise and helpful reminder.
    I usually try to check things beforehand, but this was a spur of the moment thing and sincerely, I didn't notice the Assassin version of Helen the last time I scrolled through that list.

Blog Entries
    Killers in the Mist
    It was an issue he had consciously avoided all this time. He never expected Jack of all people to push him into facing it once and for all.

With the defeat of Goetia and the restoration of the Human Order Foundation, they had lost a precious friend and a single Servant. Mashu had returned to life, but she no longer had access to the abilities of Servant Galahad. Of course, enough Servants had chosen to stay in Chaldea that Mashu’s loss of combat capabilities was not of critical importance, but it was nonetheless a bit of a shame not to be able to rely on the superb support capabilities of an ultra-rare Shielder-class Servant. Had he not another Shielder-class Servant in his roster, he would have simply adapted to the loss of her defensive skillset and learned to rely on his remaining Servants to compensate.

The problem was that, indeed, he had a second Shielder-class Servant available.

Having summoned her right before the assault on Solomon’s temple, he had chosen to leave her behind as part of Chaldea’s final defensive line. He had carefully avoided taking her to any of his outings for investigations or collecting materials. However, when he was informed of an incident at the slowly recovering London singularity, and little Jack had insisted on joining him for this expedition, he had told her to find free companions she would feel comfortable working with. He had been expecting the likes of Atalante or Nursery Rhyme, so why was this lewd goddess standing next to his little Assassin, smirking at him with that insufferably sexy “I know exactly what you’re thinking” look?

“Jack…this is the…friend you want to bring?”

“So I’ve been reduced to a ‘this’. My Master sure is bold.”

“Um. Nanaya is our friend.”

Taking a deep breath, he finally faced straight at the Mesopotamian goddess of voluptuousness and sensuality. He commended himself on his success at keeping his eyes on her face.

“Really, Nanaya?”

“Master, you have pointedly avoided me all this time; what do you know about who I have or have not fraternized with?”

It annoyed him, but she had a point. It wasn’t like he had not seen her at all since he summoned her, though. He would never forget that incredible practice match between Mesopotamian and Celtic Servants. The clash of Nanaya’s Ešhilianna and Chariot My Love had become one of Chaldea’s 108 legends.

“Jackie and I get along swimmingly, right~❤?”

“Um!”

The Master raised an eyebrow at the saccharine smile shared by the ladies. But Jack did look comfortable and pleased around the goddess, so he would have to accept the situation.

“Well there’s a story there.”

“Not really,” retorted Nanaya with the teasing tone of one who got an inside joke and secretly mocks your ignorance. “It is obvious if you think about it. Now, l believe we have to shift…?”

It was stressful. Made even worse by the humiliating awareness that it was stress of his own making.

Jack zigzagged a few steps ahead of them, almost like a hound in search of prey. Her small silhouette was only sparsely cloaked by the London fog, no longer of supernatural origin—at least not entirely. It was, at least, no longer dangerous to a magus of his (poor) caliber to linger around.

“I am fairly sure I was not brought here for sexy times, so…can anybody tell me what the situation is?”

To his left, Nanaya was an oasis of color in the drab greyness of the British capital. Her sparkling gold adornments and weaponry made her like a second sun, exalting her beauty to the point she was the only thing worth looking at in that gloomy world.

He shook the devilish charm of that goddess out of his head, only to find himself captured by her placid smile.

“Master?”

He sighed.

“You realized why I never brought you along before, right?”

“Of course. I will not apologize.”

“Of course,” he replied in a much flatter tone. Yet, they looked at each other, and some sort of ease settled between them. Perhaps this, too, was a goddess’ wisdom of sorts.

In any case, he did brief her on the situation at hand: people were slowly returning to reoccupy the foggy city, but children were disappearing.

“Hmm…yes, it would be hard to assume it is common criminal activity. But, if it is a supernatural agent, that leads to questioning who it is and how it made it here. There is no longer a Grail at work.”

He shrugged. Perhaps it was merely intuition born from experience, but he could tell they would end up stumbling their way to the answers as usual.

“More importantly, Master: what do you feel when you look at that?”

He followed Nanaya’s eyes, stumbled for a moment, checked back to confirm what Nanaya was looking at, and finally released a choked sound like a Helium balloon being deflated.

“You were doing so great,” he murmured with immense regret as he failed to pretend the woman to his left was not checking out Jack the Reaper’s ass. “Does this have to do with the reason you became friends with her?”

“Hmm. As per my divine portfolio, I am drawn towards all matters sexual.”

“There’s nothing sexual about that little girl!”

Three seconds later, he was averting his gaze from Nanaya’s painfully flat stare.

“…sure, keep saying that to yourself, Master. Maybe one day you will believe it. Now, as I was saying, I felt a pull that drew me to that child. However, I soon realized she is wholly innocent.”

“And she is staying like that,” he declared with coldness that surprised him. Nanaya mirrored that coldness in her flat stare.

“Master, even I am capable of feeling slighted. And when I am slighted, divine punishment soon follows.”

Their steps became slower. Jack’s small figure put more distance and become somewhat faint within the fog.

“Even a goddess of sex has principles. No, it is precisely because I am a goddess that I am more strictly bound to principles than humans.”

The shorter goddess stepped deep within his personal space, but it was not his virtue that he feared for.

“You seem to have a dire misunderstanding about me. This time, I will forgive, for it is not a sin to be ignorant. Should you not take steps to correct such ignorance, I will not be as lenient the next time.”

They finally came to a stop. They stared at each other and, for once, it seemed her unsurpassable charm was not in effect. Maybe that, too, was in some way a goddess’ mercy. And he was grateful, for he needed a clear head to say what he needed to say.

“…you are right. I’m sorry, Nanaya. I made no effort to understand you.”

“No, you did not.”

“I failed to approach like I did every other Servant.”

“Yes, you did.”

“I was just…I thought…”

“You assumed I was some simple deviant and thought your purity was in danger, or something stupid like that.”

He winced. It sounded incredibly lame when she put it like that. She began walking again, and he closely followed.

“For starters, Master, dear: I am confident you are not so ignorant as to believe I am the most immediate threat to your chastity in Chaldea.”

“I try not to think about it!”

“Yes, I notice you do that a lot. Stop doing that. It is rude to those who shower you with their affection.”

He rolled his eyes, his troubled mind creating headache-inducing images of the infamous “My Room” trio.

“You know it’s not that simple.”

“Perhaps. But it is also not as hard as you have made it in your head, Master.”

Her head darted around, checking their surroundings, and for a moment the young man thought she had seen something. However, she continued their awkward but necessary conversation.

“As for me, well; when that time comes, it will be because you wish for it more than you have wished for anything else in your life. And it will be only when your deeds have made you deserving of my desire. But enough about me; share your thoughts on Jack for me. Because that is most certainly not the body of a child.”

“No! Let’s talk about you! Talking about you is great!”

The laughter in Nanaya’s throat was not allowed release. The Master felt her companion’s body tense, and a second later she was standing in front of him like her Servant class’ namesake.

“I felt a Servant for a moment, but now it’s…wait, is it Presence Concealment?”

“Jack—”

“If I noticed, she noticed!”

Indeed, Jack had stopped, drawn her weapons and lowered her center of gravity, ready to attack. The other two caught up and looked for anything in the mist. Nanaya was the most active of the three, walking circles around the Master in case he was targeted.

“Mother, there is something disgusting here. We detest it.”

The Master frowned at the child’s tone. She spoke hateful words, but she sounded more afraid than angered.

“If there is a Servant using Presence Concealment, then it has no reason to come out unless it wants to make the first attack,” he pointed out. He thought of calling out to the hidden person, but he did not want to attract whatever else that might be out there.

Nanaya sighed.

“Fine. I’ll make him show himself. Close your eyes, Master. Don’t look this way, Jackie!”

He did close his eyes, and it was probably the only reason he did not lose himself.

This was it, the full expression of Nanaya’s existence as Mistress of Luxuriance—and that is not quite right; it was obviously downgraded as a Servant—manifested as an interference effect that inevitably draws others towards her. Even if he could not see her, he could clearly hear her fingers sliding along her golden hair, and he could fill his nostrils with her enthralling aroma. The tips of his fingers tingled as if they could feel the unparalleled softness of her fair skin, and he gritted his teeth as he resisted the primitive, fundamentally male urge to make that woman his. It was made so much scarier by the awareness of their Master-Servant contract likely being the sole reason he could resist at all.

A voice in the distance was the unexpected blessing that pulled his thoughts away from the ocean of lust he was stranded in.

“Gaah! Aléjate de mí, perra malnacida!”

“Oh, it was a woman,” idly commented the goddess, and an instant later Jack shot into the mist towards the source of the Spanish speaker. Two seconds later, the ringing sound of metal meeting metal reached their ears loud and clear.

“Jack!”

“Master, stay close to me! We do not know if there are others.”

“But I can’t give support I can’t see he—”

Jack’s cry of anguish choked the Master’s words, and a second later her small figure shot out of the fog towards the pair before crashing and rolling a few times on the pavement.

“Jack!”

The child grunted as she slowly got back on her feet, all the while pulling a (kitchen?) knife out of her left forearm.

“She’s a bad woman, Mother! I won’t let the bad woman hurt you!”

The desperation in her voice made his lips tremble. He wanted nothing more than to hold her and tell her she didn’t have to fight anymore.

A figure stepped out of the mist. A woman seemingly in her twenties, clad in a form-fitting, short-skirted dress of a fabric too thick to be cloth and too thin to be leather. Her hands were empty, but that did not mean anything when it comes to Servants. Her eyes studied him and Nanaya, as if she were warier of them two than of the one who had attacked her. Her steps were those of a woman walking into a ballroom, not a killer poised to strike.

“Mother, stay back! I’ll tear her apart!”

“Jack, wait—!” But Jack did not wait, and when she lunged at the unknown woman, she leapt to the side and into the nearest building. Jack followed, and the other two could only track their spirited combat through the sounds of metal against metal as they ran across several rooms and upstairs.

Strangely enough, Nanaya relaxed her posture and stood next to the Master.

“…Jack is going to lose.”

“You know who she is?”

Nanaya nodded. She was somewhat interested in her Master’s expressions every time they heard Jack’s cries of pain inside the building.

“My Skill, Sexual Techniques, at rank EX also allows me to identify a Servant’s true name and entire status information, if that Servant’s legend is in some way connected to sex.”

“Figures.”

“In any case, that woman is the one enemy Jack will never be able to defeat. Get ready to catch her.”

A terrifying, squelching sound of metal tearing through flesh was quickly followed by glass breaking as little Jack was thrown off a window at the highest floor. With a cry, the young Master rushed to catch the freefalling Servant, with not very smooth results.

“Uwah!”

Nanaya winced at the loud thud of two bodies impacting each other, and then calmly walked towards the entanglement of limbs.

“…seriously, Master? I know it is somewhat dark out here, but not to the extent you should have that kind of trouble.” She paused. “Don’t tell me Master was that kind of character after all.”

The young man could only emit some garbled sounds what with his mouth smothered by a little girl’s crotch. Nanaya rolled her eyes.

“Master, please stop sixty-nine-ing the barely conscious little girl.”

“Waabwehwoo (I hate you).”

“Mother…” The little Assassin said in a feeble voice. The half a dozen knives buried in her body had a lot to do with it. “You are hugging me wrong…”

He groaned.

Nanaya looked up at the broken window, where the offender watched with the same tense wariness.

“Alright, you have had your little squabble. I apologize for the girl’s recklessness, but I am sure you understand her circumstances.”

The woman did not respond, but Nanaya knew she had her attention.

“Why don’t you come down and we can talk like decent people? I don’t have to tell you that, if you run, I will chase, and when I catch you, I will crush you.”

The Master had already corrected his indecent hold on Jack and now allowed her to rest on his lap while he applied a healing spell. To his surprise, the knives piercing through her body disappeared in ethereal dust—Gradation Air.

“Nanaya…” He said warily. He would rather avoid further conflict with the one who almost killed Jack, if at all possible.

“Do not be fooled, Master. This woman is a very weak Servant. The only reason she won is because her opponent was Jack.”

At last, the woman spoke. It was a throaty, rough voice that poorly matched her beauty. It made him think of a chain smoker.

“I acted in self-defense.”

“You did, and that is why I offer civilized dialogue instead of merely extinguishing your life right this very moment.”

For a moment, the dark knife-user faced down the golden goddess like the moon looking down upon the rising sun. Nanaya’s claws swayed eloquently, and the woman in the building sighed in reluctance obeisance.

“…I will walk down the stairs.”

“I’ll be waiting~❤”

“Nanaya.”

The goddess tried to assuage her Master’s worries with her radiant smile.

“Do focus on looking after Jack, Master dear. This Servant is not even close to a threat to me. If she is the culprit, I’ll get her to stop. If she isn’t, then I am sure she can find the culprit for us.”

“You still haven’t told me who she is.”

“That woman was a prostitute, and procurer of child prostitutes for the wealthy, a child murderer and a clandestine practitioner of abortions. That woman embodies every single thing Jackie loathes. And in the same way, she embodies a fate Jackie cannot overcome. That is why, even if Jack is by far the superior Servant, she will never be able to defeat that woman.”

“I am perfectly capable of introducing myself.”

The woman stepped out of the front there with surprising calm. She looked down at the defeated Assassin, and the Master clutched her closer to his chest, warily facing the unnamed murderess.

“So that child is indeed Jack the Ripper? Or, I guess, an interpretation of it. Unlike me, Jack the Ripper was never caught, after all…”

“Yes, you had a bout of perfect luck, having our Jackie as an opponent.”

“For a change.” Her voice as drab, lacking either animosity or enthusiasm. The voice of an old, jaded woman. When her eyes fell on him, the Master inched half a step back; the most he would allow himself before discomforting the girl in his arms. “And I take you are a Master. I can also deduce you were not the one who summoned me. I don’t think I am in a Holy Grail War.”

“Most certainly not,” answered Nanaya in her Master’s stead. The woman sighed at these words.

“…well, that leaves me back where I started. Young Master,” she then said, moving a step back to put some space between herself and the young man. “Based on the current circumstances and my reputation, I understand that you do not trust me. However, I can perform healing on that child.”

His expression hardened, but the woman did not react to it.

“I do not think I have the answers you seek, but I will tell you whatever I can. I am probably more confused by this situation than you are, so I hope that, by assisting you, I can learn how I ended up here and how I can leave. If I may be honest, I find myself annoyed by this purposeless summoning.”

The Master sought Nanaya for advice. What he got was a shrug and the ensuing sway of beautiful breasts.

“Aren’t you the one who is all into giving evil Servants new chances? Let her heal Jackie. If she does anything uncalled for, I’ll kill her and that’s that.”

Her bluntness made him grimace.

“When you say that I find myself wondering who the truly evil Servant is here.”

“Oh, I am,” immediately retorted the unnamed Servant. “Believe me. I am.”

Base Stats & Skills
    Enriqueta Martí

Faceclaim

Source: Artwork by anti

Class: Assassin
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Source: Historical
    Region: Spain

Height & Weight: 158 cm, 54 kg
    Dislikes: Poverty
    Talents: Alchemy, Calligraphy, Fashion
    Natural Enemy: Atalante, Elizabeth Báthory, Jack the Reaper (Assassin)
    Attribute: Man

STR E
    END E
    AGI C
    MGI B
    LUK E
    Noble Phantasm E

Class Skills
    Presence Concealment – C+
    The capacity to hide one’s presence as a Servant. At this rank, it is suitable for spying. Rank drops considerably when preparing to attack. In Enriqueta’s case, this condition does not apply when preparing an attack not meant to kill, but rather to subdue and/or capture.

Personal Skills
    Blood-Sucking – C
    The act of absorbing another’s blood to replenish their own health and physical and/or magical strength. One of the powers of a vampire.
    In Enriqueta’s case, this Skill has been acquired through the medium of the Innocent Monster Skill. She may absorb and recover physical strength by consuming blood. It is an ability born of an image created by a miserable society easy to enrage and thirsty for distractions, but it works now, so she will unabashedly indulge in it.

Innocent Monster – C
    An attribute possessed by Servants whose true history and existence have been distorted by the monstrous reputations and gossip they accrued across the course of their life and thereafter, without concern for the actual person’s will or appearance. Consequently, the Servant’s abilities and appearance have been rendered to conform to the specifications of their legend. This Skill cannot be removed.

Enriqueta has been transformed into a blood-sucker. To her surprise, she appears younger than she was at the time of her arrest and leap into infamy, and even she will admit her skin was never as fair and unblemished as it is in her Servant form. It also grants her the superhuman dexterity, agility and sensory perception that acts as the foundation of combat ability she did not have in life. She thinks it is somewhat silly, but she is vain enough to enjoy it.

Item Construction – B-
    The Skill to manufacture magical items. This Skill requires time to gather components and manufacture items. A Class Skill of the Caster class, but Enriqueta possesses it as a Personal Skill. Effectiveness drops when she is not using her “signature” raw materials as ingredients.

One of the foundations of her fearsome reputation were her supposed abilities as a witch-doctor, and her knowledge of potions using the vilest of ingredients. Enriqueta is surprised—and pleased—to see that her skills as a Servant are in fact superior to her skills in life. She correctly assumes this Skill is also empowered by Innocent Monster.

Killer of Unripe Blossoms – C++
    The coalescence of the Servant’s nature and legend as a serial killer of children, rather than a mere assassin. It is effectively the guarantee of a single critical hit against any creature she targets. The Skill succeeds unconditionally against underage targets—including “Lily” Servants. For use against other targets, a successful Luck check is required.

Enriqueta’s critical hits inflict double damage against the Assassin-class Jack the Ripper. As an admitted practitioner of abortions, Enriqueta Martí is effectively the nemesis of the lovely amalgam of unborn souls.

Lore & Character
    Lore
    Enriqueta Martí i Ripollés (1868—1913), perhaps Spain’s most infamous serial killer and boogeyman. The Jack the Ripper of Barcelona. The Vampiress of El Rabal, bearing the vilest reputation of a procuress, kidnapper and murderer of children.

Enriqueta Martí comes from one of the darkest periods in the history of Barcelona: excessive immigration quadrupled the city’s population in 50 years, creating an overly dense cluster of absolute poverty, further exacerbated by the chaos of the Spanish-American War in 1898 and the episode of civil unrest known as the “Tragic Week” in 1909. Illiteracy, drugs, disease and prostitution thrived in this melting pot of misery. The Pearl of the Mediterranean was Death City—Europe’s capital of pornography, with an average life expectancy of 40 years.

It was in this environment that Enriqueta…did not quite thrive. She was as poor as everybody else, and not from a lack of effort: maidservant, nanny, prostitute, laundrywoman, midwife, witch-doctor, or just a plain beggar—she did it all. However, Mrs. Martí’s rise to legendary status began on the evening of the 10th of February, 1912, with the mysterious disappearance of a young girl, Teresita Guitart. She was found two weeks later in Enriqueta Martí’s decrepit little flat, together with another child. The other child, Angelita, declared that she had witnessed how “mom” had killed a five-year-old boy with a boning knife on the dining table. Enriqueta was arrested, and then began one of the most macabre episodes in the history of Barcelona.

What is known for certain about Enriqueta is fairly prosaic: she was a teenage prostitute, she was arrested during the Tragic Week and accused of running a brothel that offered sexual services from children, she was a folk healer, and she had a very unsuccessful marriage with one Juan Pujaló, a rather bohemian aspiring artist. The black chronicle forged around her following her arrest stated that Enriqueta Martí stole children from the local markets to prostitute them and later kill them to use their body parts as ingredients for her potions, which she sold for a high price to the wealthy people of Barcelona. The blood, fat, hairs and bones of defenseless children and babies were the base of strains, ointments and poultices with supposed medicinal powers that rich people purchased to protect themselves against the feared Grim Reaper of the times, tuberculosis. Some declared Enriqueta drank the fresh blood of children to achieve everlasting youth.

Even before her arrest there was indisputable proof Enriqueta was far from a saint—she was a kidnapper and procurer of children, and everything points towards Angelita being the supposedly-dead daughter of Enriqueta’s sister-in-law, so she was also guilty of forgery of public documents. There is, however, no proof of her being a murderer. There were presumptions, maybe even hints, but anything concrete either never existed or has been lost to the passage of time. She never underwent trial in the end; she died in prison from uterine cancer.

Perhaps she was merely a construct of nascent tabloid journalism; a convenient scapegoat to blame for countless instances of missing children in that city of misery. Perhaps she was a deranged, broken woman, kidnapping children in a desperate bout to fill the hole in her heart left by the death of her own child. It doesn’t really matter anymore; her legend was forged in infamy, so the Servant Enriqueta Martí is a monster.

Character
    As the embodiment of the darkest legend forged in Barcelona at the dawn of the 20th century, the Servant Enriqueta Martí is a reaper of children and mistress of the darkest alchemies. While her techniques are more reminiscent of a Caster, her mindset is clearly that of a practiced kidnapper and murderer. She excels at striking from ambush and favors capturing tactics rather than going immediately for the kill. The Skill Innocent Monster has transformed her into a bloodsucking creature—she does not need blood to survive as a Servant, but it helps her restore her physical strength. It has also granted her superhuman competence that allows her to fight on the level of a Servant. Her favored weapons are kitchen knives or basic ranged attack spells using the Great Five Elements.

She is unmistakably evil, but she is also prudent. It’s not like she’s driven by some unbearable urge to kill children; in fact, she’s rather fond of children and is also a fairly decent, if stern, caretaker of young ones. She kills out of a twisted sense of necessity: potions and other magical consumables require materials, and it just so happens that the materials she can work the best with are the body parts of children. If the Master just as sternly forbids her from seeking such materials, she will do as told, all the way endlessly lamenting her talents being utterly wasted. Admittedly, she is a very weak Servant, whose talents are lamentably overspecialized towards capturing and killing underage boys and girls.

Enriqueta is a jaded woman, disappointed by love and by humanity after having lived among them at their utterly worst. Living at the bottom of a rotten society forged in her the simple imperative of seeking that which benefits her most and pulls her the furthest away from that misery. In other words, she’s a gold-digger. Give her a comfortable environment and you’ll get along just fine. Then again, are you sure you want to get along with that kind of person?

Noble Phantasm
    Codex Henriquetae
    The Witch’s Diabolic Collection

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 0
    Maximum Targets: --
    A mysterious, ancient-looking grimoire with parchment covers. It was supposedly found in Enriqueta’s residence. Distinct from the notebook in which she recorded her alchemy research, it is all the more infamous because there is no record of its contents. It might, for all we know, have been a fabrication meant to enhance the image of Enriqueta as a diabolic witch. As her Noble Phantasm, it has become precisely that: the materialization of her status as a user of vile magics.

The original Enriqueta Martí was not a magus. She could barely be called a magic user. She would prefer to be called an alchemist. In that regard, she was entirely self-taught. Her grimoire contains the arcana of “orthodox” western Witchcraft, granting her that Skill at rank C, as well as the means to actualize those spells by the simple act of pumping some of her magical energy into the grimoire. It is, effectively, her Magic Crest, albeit artificial and external to her body. While the extent of her Magecraft is limited by the contents of the tome, Enriqueta enjoys the advantage of being able to cast every single spell in the grimoire as a Single Action.

The grimoire is an extremely secure artifact in that only Enriqueta can benefit from its contents. To the eyes of the unlearned, the book’s contents are indecipherable gibberish. Those familiar with Magecraft will quickly dismiss it as a novice magus’ notebook, as they will only find quotes from well-known grimoires, such as the Elicudarium Necromanticum of Pedro de Abano, the Liber Juratus, or the works of Artephius.

The Face of True Evil

“You are too tense.”

“I think you are too lax about this whole thing, Nanaya.”

They had moved indoors, into a makeshift workshop Enriqueta had assembled shortly after finding herself summoned into the London singularity. Belonging a self-proclaimed alchemist, it was rich in material components for potions and rituals. Stacked blankets and tablecloths gave a degree of comfort to the dining table atop which Jack rested in peaceful unconsciousness. The Master had watched carefully whole Enriqueta first cleaned the wounds she had inflicted on the small girl with the delicateness of a mother and the skill of a professional nurse. Then, she had brewed some potions and, with Nanaya’s approval, poured them down the unconscious Servant’s throat. After that, Enriqueta had returned to her tools and to making new concoctions.

“Jack will be fine, and Enriqueta’s treatment will hasten her recovery;” Nanaya said. “As soon as she’s back up we’ll go look for the missing children.” She then turned to the alchemist. “That was surprisingly smooth work from a modern spellcaster. You didn’t even have your signature raw materials…”

A pause.

“…you didn’t use your signature materials, right?”

Enriqueta did not look away from the chopping board.

“You said it yourself, did you not? There are no children around, so I had no chance to stock up on materials. I had to make do with…” She made a point of sighing exaggeratedly. “…mundane, orthodox recipes.”

They had already explained the situation that brought them back to the London singularity, and Enriqueta had made it clear she was not aware of the issue nor was in any way involved.

“In any case, had I been the culprit, there would not have been any children to recover. They would have all been processed by now. I deplore wastefulness.”

Her hands worked expertly while her mouth ranted.

“I despise the wanton murder of human beings. A life should be taken only if its death obeys a gainful purpose.”

“Like your profit,” Nanaya retorted in a coldly amused tone.

“Yes, like my profit. The children who were broken by the wanton lusts of the powerful could not have achieved anything else in their miserable lives, so I made them useful in death.”

“Judging the worth of one’s life is not the purview of one’s contemporaries. It is the purview of gods and of history.”

“When you live in Hell, there is nothing to judge.”

“Hmph.” Flicking her hair behind her ear, Nanaya regarded the Assassin with a contemptuous smile. “You are a very sad and pitiful woman, Enriqueta Martí.”

“Do all ancient divinities make it a habit of spouting pointless words?”

The loud noise of hands impacting wood drew both women to the young Master who had abruptly stood up.

“I’ll be outside for a while.”

They watched him depart in silence.

“If anything, I find that boy the truly pitiful one.”

“But he makes it look cute,” retorted the goddess as she got on her feet and went after her Master. It did not take long to find him, retching in an alley next to the house Enriqueta had occupied. There was no wantonness in her hand sliding up and down his back, nor in the closeness that allowed her pleasant aroma to pacify his mind.

“I guess I showed you a really uncool side of me.”

Nanaya shook her head.

“There is nothing ‘cool’ in pretending to be stoic in the presence of true evil.”

The goddess offered her body as support until the boy settled down on the stairs leading to the front door.

“It’s just…I…”

“All this time you’ve gathered Servants across the spectrum of good and evil. Even those that history and legend categorizes as evil have been welcomed among your companions, and you have found a common point with every single one of them; a means of agreement, that allows you to get along and work together. Of all the great things you have achieved as the Last Master of Humankind, that might just be the most impressive.”

Feeling his full weight on her right side, Nanaya wrapped a gentle arm around his shoulders.

“This would have happened sooner or later, Master. You have spent your days opposing evils you could understand. No matter how kind and accepting your soul is, there are evils in this world you cannot get along with. That is normal. That is human. So, I think no less of you.”

The softness of her lips on his cheek filled his body with warmth and washed away all discomfort and doubt in his mind. With the golden goddess by his side, it felt silly to worry about inane things like the child murderer nursing his treasured Servant beyond that door.

“Now, your real test begins right this moment, Master. How you face the challenge in front of you might or might not net you points with your lovely goddess Shielder.”

With wry amusement on his somewhat pale face, the young man turned his head just enough to catch the sight of the ancient beauty. Her supernatural crimson eyes gleamed with the unvoiced promise of pleasures beyond compare.

“There is a point tally? How many points do I need to win?”

“Master dear, you won the very moment your eyes first caught sight of mine glorious self.” She poked his cheek with a cheeky finger. “You earned my cooperation and companionship for your deeds in the Babylonia singularity.” She let her chin rest on his shoulder. “Now, you are being tested as to whether you are worthy of my desire, and of the rewards due those who are desired by Nanaya.”

“Hmm…of how do I know I’m doing well—uwah!”

The Master almost jumped off the stairs when a hand suddenly squeezed the inside of his thigh. Looking down at the way-too-bold goddess, he was challenged by a teasing wink.

“You’ll know, dear.”

SAINT GRAPH CORRECTION
    Ešḫilianna
    A Little World of Ecstasy, Just For the Two of Us

Rank: A+ (plus-correction applies when used on a single target)
    Type: Anti-Unit -> Anti-Army
    Range: 5 -> 10
    Maximum Targets: 1 person -> Limited by spatial volume

Keywords (Craft Essences?)
    Axungia hominis
    The medicinal properties of the blood and fat of children and healthy adults were a widespread belief in post-Renaissance Spain. Folk tales eventually arose of bogeymen and criminals that killed to sate the demand of those willing and able to pay for such things, like the evil aristocrat that needed transfusions of baby blood to maintain his eternal youth. El mantequero is a monster in human form who feeds on human fat. Spain’s first serial killer, the Werewolf of Allariz, Manuel Blanco Romasanta, was a serial killer who made soap from the fat of his victims. Of course, Enriqueta Martí was accused of dabbling on those vile ingredients, filling her stock straight from the source.

“Human fat? Yes, yes, it has plenty of uses, but the main alchemic application is the acceleration of unstable growth. In a way that you’ll understand, well…it will not make your crops grow faster, but it will ripen your pimples and your tumors. Now if you would just let me stock on…I guess that look on your face is a no, huh…”

Night of Evil
    The night falls on the city of evil. The haven of disgrace and immorality.
    Good children, hurry to your decrepit homes and your flea-plagued beds.
    For the most terrible evils roam the dark streets, and they hunger for the innocent.
    The hideous and lame Dip, hound of the devil, feasts on the blood of men.
    The Hombre del Saco hunts down naughty children who dare brave the forbidden dark.
    The Coco lurks in every shadow, its inchoate form eager to devour the young.
    The Sacamantecas seeks to fill his gut and make a coin out of the blood and fat of the unwary.
    Do not doubt these words—these evils are very real.
    So, good child, do not linger in the filthy streets after the sun departs,
    And whatever you do, never trust the kind-looking lady that offers to walk you home,
    For she is the vilest, and realest, evil of them all.
    Last edited by Daneel Rush; March 28th, 2017 at 07:49 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    I don't why you don't, it's so much more enlightening and entertaining.
    It's so much better than some random telling you
    "fuckin homunculus turning into a fucking dragon and fucking stole the grail and everything fucking sucks."
    I'm pretty drunk but still.
    A better non-drunk example is in Orleans.
    You can say "then sanson meets Marie and refuses to kill her then she gets owned by Jeanne Alter"
    But if you read it, you are like HHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Islightlygetwhatdaitalianfishissaying
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

I did a Helen and Clytemnestra combo Servant a while ago, that was also a Castor and Pollux genderflip. I should go back and fix the formatting and images though, it looks terrible.

Agamemnon's hard to fit into the mould of a Servant, and he's kind of uninteresting and unsympathetic. He killed his own daughter, didn't do that much in the Trojan war, made Cassandra's life even more miserable for a while, then got killed. I guess something could be done with him being equated with Zeus, or like a bloodline curse of Tantalus/Pelops, but eh.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zikari8 View Post
    By the way, I noticed that it doesn't seem like anyone's ever made an Agamemnon sheet, which is surprising to me.
    Eh, he was an ok military leader I guess. Though he spent the entire time getting humiliated and yelled at by Achilles, didn't really do anything people tend to remember in the war aside from calling dibs on Cassandra of Troy and getting the stab-stab from his wife.

TBH, i think Electra has a greater chance of being summoned as a servant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SSW View Post
    Agamemnon's hard to fit into the mould of a Servant, and he's kind of uninteresting and unsympathetic. He killed his own daughter, didn't do that much in the Trojan war, made Cassandra's life even more miserable for a while, then got killed. I guess something could be done with him being equated with Zeus, or like a bloodline curse of Tantalus/Pelops, but eh.
    Honestly the only think I could think of as an NP is
    Right of the King
    The Lions Share
    where he calls dibs on something the target possesses after they die (not necessarily by his hand).

Also

Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    Baron Robert Nicolaus Maximilian von Ungern-Sternberg
    With an NP if you're really strapped for choice; you could do a Photon Ray rip off because war god connection, alternatively give weaponry from mongolian mythology such as Genghis' Whip or Jangar's spear.

Alternativly take a cue out of my Uesugi Kenshin sheet with the whole war god connection.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; March 27th, 2017 at 02:00 PM. Reason: it wouldn't merge

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Was browsing various sources for a Frey (as in, the Norse god) sheet that's been in the works lately when I just randomly got a really annoying pop-up "antivirus" ad (totally bogus of course). I tried to click off the webpage but the damned thing somehow latched on to my search engine, taking quite a bit of thought and effort (and help from a tech-savvy friend) to finally remove it.

To be honest, I'm a little scared to look up more Frey-related stuff now, even though I still have some lore to fill in before finishing up the sheet...

Blog Entries
    By Frey you mean porn right?

Blog Entries
    Create-a-Servant became Royd's Facebook account so gradually I didn't notice before it was a done deal.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    By Frey you mean porn right?
    LOL no. Then I wouldn't have been able to show it to anybody, friend or not. Thankfully it was something innocuous rather then say, "big-tittied anime girls getting hardcore banged"...

- - - Updated - - -

Create-a-Servant became Royd's Facebook account so gradually I didn't notice before it was a done deal.
    You're seriously exaggerating. I hardly post that much personal stuff here, and this is at least vaguely relevant to Servant-crafting...

Blog Entries
    The aristeia's like two hundred lines, so I'm not translating it all. But:

Quote Originally Posted by 11.90-98
    τῆμος σφῇ ἀρετῇ Δαναοὶ ῥήξαντο φάλαγγας
    κεκλόμενοι ἑτάροισι κατὰ στίχας: ἐν δ᾽ Ἀγαμέμνων
    πρῶτος ὄρουσ᾽, ἕλε δ᾽ ἄνδρα Βιάνορα ποιμένα λαῶν
    αὐτόν, ἔπειτα δ᾽ ἑταῖρον Ὀϊλῆα πλήξιππον.
    ἤτοι ὅ γ᾽ ἐξ ἵππων κατεπάλμενος ἀντίος ἔστη:
    τὸν δ᾽ ἰθὺς μεμαῶτα μετώπιον ὀξέϊ δουρὶ
    νύξ᾽, οὐδὲ στεφάνη δόρυ οἱ σχέθε χαλκοβάρεια,
    ἀλλὰ δι᾽ αὐτῆς ἦλθε καὶ ὀστέου, ἐγκέφαλος δὲ
    ἔνδον ἅπας πεπάλακτο: δάμασσε δέ μιν μεμαῶτα.
    Then, by their courage, the Danaans broke through the press,
    Calling to their comradess through the ranks; and Agamemnon
    Rushed in first, taking down a man called Bianor, a shepherd of the host –
    Him, and then his comrade Oileus, the driver of horses.
    Oileus sprang down from his chariot to attack, standing face-to-face with him;
    But, as he raged on toward him, Atreus’ son thrust his sharp spear through
    His forehead; and his helmet, heavy with bronze as it was, did not stop the spear.
    Instead, it went right through metal and bone, and all of his brain
    Was spattered about in his skull. So Agamemnon mastered his rage.

Quote Originally Posted by 11.129-147
    ὃ δ᾽ ἐναντίον ὦρτο λέων ὣς
    Ἀτρεΐδης: τὼ δ᾽ αὖτ᾽ ἐκ δίφρου γουναζέσθην:
    ‘ζώγρει Ἀτρέος υἱέ, σὺ δ᾽ ἄξια δέξαι ἄποινα:
    πολλὰ δ᾽ ἐν Ἀντιμάχοιο δόμοις κειμήλια κεῖται
    χαλκός τε χρυσός τε πολύκμητός τε σίδηρος,
    τῶν κέν τοι χαρίσαιτο πατὴρ ἀπερείσι᾽ ἄποινα,
    εἰ νῶϊ ζωοὺς πεπύθοιτ᾽ ἐπὶ νηυσὶν Ἀχαιῶν.’

ὣς τώ γε κλαίοντε προσαυδήτην βασιλῆα
    μειλιχίοις ἐπέεσσιν: ἀμείλικτον δ᾽ ὄπ᾽ ἄκουσαν:
    εἰ μὲν δὴ Ἀντιμάχοιο δαΐφρονος υἱέες ἐστόν,
    ὅς ποτ᾽ ἐνὶ Τρώων ἀγορῇ Μενέλαον ἄνωγεν
    ἀγγελίην ἐλθόντα σὺν ἀντιθέῳ Ὀδυσῆϊ
    αὖθι κατακτεῖναι μηδ᾽ ἐξέμεν ἂψ ἐς Ἀχαιούς,
    νῦν μὲν δὴ τοῦ πατρὸς ἀεικέα τίσετε λώβην.

ἦ, καὶ Πείσανδρον μὲν ἀφ᾽ ἵππων ὦσε χαμᾶζε
    δουρὶ βαλὼν πρὸς στῆθος: ὃ δ᾽ ὕπτιος οὔδει ἐρείσθη.
    Ἱππόλοχος δ᾽ ἀπόρουσε, τὸν αὖ χαμαὶ ἐξενάριξε
    χεῖρας ἀπὸ ξίφεϊ τμήξας ἀπό τ᾽ αὐχένα κόψας,
    ὅλμον δ᾽ ὣς ἔσσευε κυλίνδεσθαι δι᾽ ὁμίλου.
    Then, like a lion, Atreus’ son charged on
    Against them, and they both fell to their knees in the chariot:
    “Take us alive, son of Atreus, and you’ll get a worthy ransom;
    Many treasures are stored in the halls of Antimakhos –
    Bronze and gold and well-wrought iron –
    Our father would favour you with a ransom beyond reckoning
    If he were to learn that we two were still alive by the ships of the Akhaians.”

So the two of them wailed, addressing the King
    With sweet words; but they heard bitter ones in reply.
    “If you are the sons of war-minded Antimakhos –
    Who once in the assembly of the Trojans demanded that
    Menelaos (who’d come on an embassy with godlike Odysseus)
    Should immediately be put to death and not be sent back to the Akhaians –
    Then now you’ll pay the pay the price for his disgusting lack of honour.”

He spoke, then thrust Peisandros from his chariot to the ground,
    Throwing his spear through his chest; he pinned him to the earth on his back.
    Hippolokhos then sprang down – and he was killed next on the ground,
    His hands cut off with Agamemnon’s sword, and his neck severed,
    And his head sent rolling like a stone through the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by 11.153-180
    ἀτὰρ κρείων Ἀγαμέμνων
    αἰὲν ἀποκτείνων ἕπετ᾽ Ἀργείοισι κελεύων.
    ὡς δ᾽ ὅτε πῦρ ἀΐδηλον ἐν ἀξύλῳ ἐμπέσῃ ὕλῃ,
    πάντῃ τ᾽ εἰλυφόων ἄνεμος φέρει, οἳ δέ τε θάμνοι
    πρόρριζοι πίπτουσιν ἐπειγόμενοι πυρὸς ὁρμῇ:
    ὣς ἄρ᾽ ὑπ᾽ Ἀτρεΐδῃ Ἀγαμέμνονι πῖπτε κάρηνα
    Τρώων φευγόντων, πολλοὶ δ᾽ ἐριαύχενες ἵπποι
    κείν᾽ ὄχεα κροτάλιζον ἀνὰ πτολέμοιο γεφύρας
    ἡνιόχους ποθέοντες ἀμύμονας: οἳ δ᾽ ἐπὶ γαίῃ
    κείατο, γύπεσσιν πολὺ φίλτεροι ἢ ἀλόχοισιν.

Ἕκτορα δ᾽ ἐκ βελέων ὕπαγε Ζεὺς ἔκ τε κονίης
    ἔκ τ᾽ ἀνδροκτασίης ἔκ θ᾽ αἵματος ἔκ τε κυδοιμοῦ:
    Ἀτρεΐδης δ᾽ ἕπετο σφεδανὸν Δαναοῖσι κελεύων.
    οἳ δὲ παρ᾽ Ἴλου σῆμα παλαιοῦ Δαρδανίδαο
    μέσσον κὰπ πεδίον παρ᾽ ἐρινεὸν ἐσσεύοντο
    ἱέμενοι πόλιος: ὃ δὲ κεκλήγων ἕπετ᾽ αἰεὶ
    Ἀτρεΐδης, λύθρῳ δὲ παλάσσετο χεῖρας ἀάπτους.
    ἀλλ᾽ ὅτε δὴ Σκαιάς τε πύλας καὶ φηγὸν ἵκοντο,
    ἔνθ᾽ ἄρα δὴ ἵσταντο καὶ ἀλλήλους ἀνέμιμνον.

οἳ δ᾽ ἔτι κὰμ μέσσον πεδίον φοβέοντο βόες ὥς,
    ἅς τε λέων ἐφόβησε μολὼν ἐν νυκτὸς ἀμολγῷ
    πάσας: τῇ δέ τ᾽ ἰῇ ἀναφαίνεται αἰπὺς ὄλεθρος:
    τῆς δ᾽ ἐξ αὐχέν᾽ ἔαξε λαβὼν κρατεροῖσιν ὀδοῦσι
    πρῶτον, ἔπειτα δέ θ᾽ αἷμα καὶ ἔγκατα πάντα λαφύσσει:
    ὣς τοὺς Ἀτρεΐδης ἔφεπε κρείων Ἀγαμέμνων
    αἰὲν ἀποκτείνων τὸν ὀπίστατον: οἳ δ᾽ ἐφέβοντο.
    πολλοὶ δὲ πρηνεῖς τε καὶ ὕπτιοι ἔκπεσον ἵππων
    Ἀτρεΐδεω ὑπὸ χερσί: περὶ πρὸ γὰρ ἔγχεϊ θῦεν.
    Then the Lord Agamemnon,
    Unceasing in his slaughter, pursued while shouting on the Argives.
    As when the scouring fire ravages an untamed wood,
    And the whirling wind spreads it everywhere; the thickets,
    Overpowered by the rush of the fire, fall with their very roots torn out –
    So the heads of the fleeing Trojans fell to
    Agamemnon, Atreus’ son; and many horses with arched necks
    Rattled empty chariots along the lines of battle,
    Longing for their blameless drivers. But upon the earth
    They lay, far more loved by vultures than their wives.

But Zeus led Hektor away from the flying missiles and from the dust
    And from the slaughter of men and from the blood and from the roar of battle,
    While the son of Atreus followed, shouting on the Danaans in a voice filled with bloodlust.
    Past the marker of Ilos, son of the forefather Dardanos;
    Down by the middle of the plain; past the fig tree they charged,
    Driving toward the city. And following was always the sharp cry of
    Atreus’ son, his invincible hands stained with foul gore.

But some still fled in fear across the middle of the plain, like cattle
    Which a lion has scattered in fear when it came on them in the dead of night –
    All run, but to one sheer destruction reveals itself:
    First, seizing her by the neck, he breaks it with his
    Mighty jaws; and, then, he gulps down all the blood and entrails.
    So Atreus’ son harried them, the lord Agamemnon,
    Unceasing in his slaughter of the hindmost, and they fled in fear.
    And many fell from their horses, on either front or back,
    At the hand of Atreus’ son – so he raged around and in front with his spear.

Quote Originally Posted by 11.248-270
    τὸν δ᾽ ὡς οὖν ἐνόησε Κόων ἀριδείκετος ἀνδρῶν
    πρεσβυγενὴς Ἀντηνορίδης, κρατερόν ῥά ἑ πένθος
    ὀφθαλμοὺς ἐκάλυψε κασιγνήτοιο πεσόντος.
    στῆ δ᾽ εὐρὰξ σὺν δουρὶ λαθὼν Ἀγαμέμνονα δῖον,
    νύξε δέ μιν κατὰ χεῖρα μέσην ἀγκῶνος ἔνερθε,
    ἀντικρὺ δὲ διέσχε φαεινοῦ δουρὸς ἀκωκή.
    ῥίγησέν τ᾽ ἄρ᾽ ἔπειτα ἄναξ ἀνδρῶν Ἀγαμέμνων:
    ἀλλ᾽ οὐδ᾽ ὧς ἀπέληγε μάχης ἠδὲ πτολέμοιο,
    ἀλλ᾽ ἐπόρουσε Κόωνι ἔχων ἀνεμοτρεφὲς ἔγχος.

ἤτοι ὃ Ἰφιδάμαντα κασίγνητον καὶ ὄπατρον
    ἕλκε ποδὸς μεμαώς, καὶ ἀΰτει πάντας ἀρίστους:
    τὸν δ᾽ ἕλκοντ᾽ ἀν᾽ ὅμιλον ὑπ᾽ ἀσπίδος ὀμφαλοέσσης
    οὔτησε ξυστῷ χαλκήρεϊ, λῦσε δὲ γυῖα:
    τοῖο δ᾽ ἐπ᾽ Ἰφιδάμαντι κάρη ἀπέκοψε παραστάς.
    ἔνθ᾽ Ἀντήνορος υἷες ὑπ᾽ Ἀτρεΐδῃ βασιλῆϊ
    πότμον ἀναπλήσαντες ἔδυν δόμον Ἄϊδος εἴσω.

αὐτὰρ ὃ τῶν ἄλλων ἐπεπωλεῖτο στίχας ἀνδρῶν
    ἔγχεΐ τ᾽ ἄορί τε μεγάλοισί τε χερμαδίοισιν,
    ὄφρά οἱ αἷμ᾽ ἔτι θερμὸν ἀνήνοθεν ἐξ ὠτειλῆς.
    αὐτὰρ ἐπεὶ τὸ μὲν ἕλκος ἐτέρσετο, παύσατο δ᾽ αἷμα,
    ὀξεῖαι δ᾽ ὀδύναι δῦνον μένος Ἀτρεΐδαο.
    ὡς δ᾽ ὅτ᾽ ἂν ὠδίνουσαν ἔχῃ βέλος ὀξὺ γυναῖκα
    δριμύ
    So then as Koōn, distinguished among men and
    Eldest of the sons of Antenor, saw him, terrible grief
    Darkened his eyes for his brother’s fall.
    He stood to one side with his spear, hidden from godlike Agamemnon,
    And pierced him under his hand, through the middle of the elbow,
    And the point of the shining spear went straight through.
    And then he shuddered – the lord of men, Agamemnon –
    But he did not fall back from the fight or the battle,
    And charged at Koōn, holding his wind-seasoned spear.

For his part, he was dragging his brother by the same father,
    Iphidamos, pulling him by his foot while yelling for the best warriors;
    But, while he was dragging the body through the crowd, Agamemnon stabbed him
    With his bronze-tipped shaft, under his shield, through the navel.
    His limbs went slack; Atreus’ son came up and severed his head over Iphidamas.
    There Antenor’s sons met their fate at the hands of
    Atreus’ son, the King, and went down to Haides’ hall.

Then he ranged across the other ranks of men,
    With spear and sword and great boulders,
    So long as blood still poured warm from his wound.
    But when the flow dried up and the blood clotted,
    Sharp pains sank their teeth into the mighty son of Atreus:
    It was like when the sharp, stinging arrow strikes a woman
    In the pangs of childbirth.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Question from Seika from someone who doesn't know any Greek except for word roots disproportionately related to medical terminology--

Are you working from modern Greek?

And if not, how hard is it for you?

Blog Entries
    No no no, this is the proper ~C7th BCE Homeric Greek (probably), with all its idiosyncrasies. I don't know modern Greek except through its predecessor, and it makes me shiver in disgust.

Right now, I'm kinda rusty because I don't have to keep this up for uni all the time any more, but it's not hard. I have to consult a dictionary every so often, and occasionally curse the dual, but Homer is quite a clear author who's not into excessively complex grammatical structure. He's no Xenophon, whom I can just about sight-read, but nor is he Thucydides, who should be drowned in a well of cat piss.

Tbh, the worst part of this was trying to indicate in English who was meant by 'he' all the time: Greek has lots of little particles and contextual indicators for when the person has switched, which English doesn't have. It's usually just about comprehensible from context anyway, but it would be very awkward and stumbling to read, so I had to try and work through that.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Cool! Thanks for sharing!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    BL is my twitter
    Twitter is my BL
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    And thus, Srikanth has shown us how Agamemnon could be summoned as a servant. I'd do it my self but...

*looks at ever growing pile of half finished ideas and projects*

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    To be fair, one of his establishing moments as a character is Odysseus proving to be a much better leader than him. But yes, Agamemnon tends to get unfairly shafted.
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; March 28th, 2017 at 04:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    Wow, thanks for sharing, Seika.

Now I feel like I have to do a sheet to do it justice