Page 641 of 858 FirstFirst ... 141541591631636639640641642643646651691741 ... LastLast
Results 12,801 to 12,820 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Blog Entries
    Good point, I swear they said somewhere it's likely to confer higher levels of Magic Resistance. Then again, Iskander is from the late part of the Age of the Gods while Atalanta is from Apocrypha, not exactly making her the greatest source to work off of. Gilgamesh is, interestingly enough, believed to possess "No innate resistance to Magecraft". I honestly don't want to start thinking about the possible reasons why that's the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    Summer Events: Deepest Lore.
    These are my Servant and Master sheets I hope you enjoy reading them:
    Servant And Master Sheets

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Being from the AoG doesn't necessarily grant high Magic Resistance. Iskandar and Atalante only have it at D-rank, and I'm sure that Gil has to rely on his gadgets to have a decent rank
    Then again Iskandar is a Rider. I would assume the Knight classes have a higher innate rank in Magic Resistance (with Saber having the highest). Other factors would be how much magic shit happens in your legend and from what era you're from.

@Sherlock1110

Thank you for the review! I'll address all your points and questions, I hope.
    I'll admit a few of the parameters I was unsure about, and defaulted to what seemed appropriate to the class. Dionysus was certainly lucky, but he was also usurped and never actually triumphed over Carthage.
    I gave him the rank-up because he certainly based a lot of his actions around his new ranged weaponry. Military Tactics was also there before I actually came up with the NP, which I had initially meant to be Anti-Army before making it Anti-Unit. So oops. Also IIRC the AoG had already ended even before Iskandar's time, but I might just be bullshitting.
    I'll definitely be taking another look at the wording in the NP. In honor of the new review trading thing I'd be happy to review a sheet of yours.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sherlock1110 View Post
    Good point, I swear they said somewhere it's likely to confer higher levels of Magic Resistance. Then again, Iskander is from the late part of the Age of the Gods while Atalanta is from Apocrypha, not exactly making her the greatest source to work off of. Gilgamesh is, interestingly enough, believed to possess "No innate resistance to Magecraft". I honestly don't want to start thinking about the possible reasons why that's the case.
    AoG Servants are more likely to have better MR since it was much easier to find magical stuff then, although I do agree that Apocrypha isn't exactly the best source for giving examples

Searching for an Ever Distant Dream Ecksukaribruh's Avatar
    Does anyone have a servant that they really want to see? I feel like trying something I have no knowledge on.
    Whats the use of putting anything here if no one will read this?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecksukaribruh View Post
    Does anyone have a servant that they really want to see? I feel like trying something I have no knowledge on.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer (German priest allegedly involved with an assassination plot on Adolf Hitler) is someone I've long thought would be interesting to see as a Servant. I totally imagine his FC would be Trifa from Dies Irae, by the way.

Blog Entries
    Put me down for either Minamoto no Yoshinaka or Brian Boru.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    Put me down for either Minamoto no Yoshinaka or Brian Boru.
    I know basically nothing about the last guy, but would Yoshinaka even qualify as a Heroic Spirit at all?

The only remarkable thing I could find in his legend was his relationship with Tomoe Gozen, and you couldn't spin a sheet off of just that. Other than that he just seemed like a fairly average military general dude.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I know basically nothing about the last guy, but would Yoshinaka even qualify as a Heroic Spirit at all?

The only remarkable thing I could find in his legend was his relationship with Tomoe Gozen, and you couldn't spin a sheet off of just that. Other than that he just seemed like a fairly average military general dude.
    Well, miracles have happened before, like with the sheets of Caesarion, Parthenopeus, and Semele. And that's just from the Classical Myths and Historical category of this thread. You guys are geniuses and no matter what figure gets picked, I have every confidence that it'll be a good one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    Well, miracles have happened before, like with the sheets of Caesarion, Parthenopeus, and Semele. And that's just from the Classical Myths and Historical category of this thread. You guys are geniuses and no matter what figure gets picked, I have every confidence that it'll be a good one.
    Well, Yoshinaka could probably some kind of Anti-Emperor ability related to his role in the destruction of the Taira Clan, as well as something to do with his title as the first Shogun. I also thought of an NP that lets him temporarily supercharge a single ally under his command, at the expense of them being forced to flee battle once the boost wears off, representing the whole "one last battle for my lord" thing, but that might be a bit of a stretch.

"We must learn to regard people less in light of what they do or omit to do, and more in the light of what they suffer."

Servant Caster

True Name: Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Alignment: Neutral Good

Strength- E
    Agility- C
    Endurance- D
    Mana- B
    Luck- C+
    NP- B++

Personality: A calm and collected man, he often spends his time reading over various church writings during his free time and even goes about writing his own books that speak of certain things that Germany happily ignored during Hitler's reign. While often docile, Caster is a man who will easily debate on certain subjects when he is told off by fellow people who seemingly lack knowledge.

Dislikes: Nazi Regime
    Hobby: Debating Facts
    Natural Enemy: Hitler

Skills

Class Skills:
    Territory Creation (C+)-
    Territory Creation, alternately localized as "Area Creation") is a Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana. Caster is capable of utilizing Territory Creation, but to do so, he requires an already made Church to augment into his study.Item Construction

(D)-
    Item Construction is a Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to manufacture magical items, from implements of war to items for daily use. Also, this Skill requires time to gather components and manufacture items. Due to its low rank, Caster is only able to make Pens, Ink and Books with his Item Construction.

Personal Skills:
    Incessant Writings (A)-
    A frequent desire to write various forms of media, this skill would often refer to a Musician, but due to his placement in history, Caster has gained the skill as well. At this rank, the Servant is capable of brute forcing their way through various writings and even go about thinking up new ones as they write the ones they had already started, to anyone but the Servant with such a skill, it would seem that they are merely obsessing over useless things.

Innocent Assassin (B)-
    A Skill forged for those believed to have been the killers or accomplices to murders in history. Caster gains the skill under the pretense that a vast majority of people believe he planned out the death of Hitler with his own hands and got people that he could work with to slowly twist the world around them to accommodate his plans. The skill itself allows the user to slowly manipulate someone into killing someone. At B Rank, Caster is able to convince someone to kill within hours instead of the usual days needed for such an act.

Noble Phantasms

Unjust Trial- Plot to Kill (B, Anti-Self)-
    Unjust Trial is Caster's first and foremost Noble Phantasm, during combat with another servant, he is able to bring forth the people that were accused of plotting Hitler's murder, each person, while not servants, were magus practitioners during the events of World War 2, thus their combat ability varies from straight out blasting someone apart to casting spells to reinforce fellow fighters, it is both an enhancing based Noble Phantasm and a fighting one as well.

Confessing Church- Your Sins Are Awoken (A, Reality Marble)-The cause of Casters terrible Territory Creation is the very thing that makes up his story, Confessing Church is Casters Noble Phantasm, it takes the form of the Church that he raised from the ground during his time as the Founding Member, unknown to most, the Church was the meeting point for Practitioners in Magecraft, often being used to find new crafts, as such those of the Caster Class gain an increase in a letter stat of their choosing, while servants of the other classes except the knight classes gain a numerical increase instead of a full letter increase.

History

Childhood and Family
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer was born on 4 February 1906 in Breslau (now Wrocław, Poland), into a large family. In addition to his other siblings, Dietrich had a twin sister, Sabine Bonhoeffer Leibholz: he and Sabine were the sixth and seventh children out of eight. His father was psychiatrist and neurologist Karl Bonhoeffer, noted for his criticism of Sigmund Freud, and his mother Paula Bonhoeffer, née von Hase, was a teacher and the granddaughter of Protestant theologian Karl von Hase and painter Stanislaus Kalckreuth. His oldest brother Karl Friedrich Bonhoeffer became a chemist, and, along with Paul Harteck, discovered the spin isomers of hydrogen in 1929. Walter Bonhoeffer, the second born of the Bonhoeffer family, was killed in action during World War I, when the twins were 12. The third Bonhoeffer child, Klaus, was involved in the 20 July plot to assassinate Adolf Hitler, along with Dietrich; he, too, was executed by the Nazis. Both of Bonhoeffer's older sisters, Ursula Bonhoeffer Schleicher and Christel Bonhoeffer von Dohnanyi, married men who were eventually executed by the Nazis. Christel was imprisoned by the Nazis but survived. Sabine and their youngest sister Susanne Bonhoeffer Dress each married men who survived Nazism. His cousin Karl-Günther von Hase was the German Ambassador to the United Kingdom from 1970 to 1977.Bonhoeffer completed his Staatsexamen, the equivalent of both a bachelor's degree and a master's degree, at the Protestant Faculty of Theology of the University. He went on to complete his Doctor of Theology degree (Dr. theol.) from Berlin University in 1927, graduating summa cum laude.

Studies In America
    Still too young to be ordained, at the age of 24 Bonhoeffer went to the United States in 1930 for postgraduate study and a teaching fellowship at New York City's Union Theological Seminary. Although Bonhoeffer found the American seminary not up to his exacting German standards ("There is no theology here."), he had life-changing experiences and friendships. He studied under Reinhold Niebuhr and met Frank Fisher, a black fellow-seminarian who introduced him to Abyssinian Baptist Church in Harlem, where Bonhoeffer taught Sunday school and formed a lifelong love for African-American spirituals, a collection of which he took back to Germany. He heard Adam Clayton Powell, Sr., preach the Gospel of Social Justice, and became sensitive to not only social injustices experienced by minorities, but also the ineptitude of the church to bring about integration. Bonhoeffer began to see things "from below"—from the perspective of those who suffer oppression. He observed, "Here one can truly speak and hear about sin and grace and the love of God...the Black Christ is preached with rapturous passion and vision." Later Bonhoeffer referred to his impressions abroad as the point at which he "turned from phraseology to reality." He also learned to drive an automobile, although he failed the driving test three times.

Carrer
    After returning to Germany in 1931, Bonhoeffer became a lecturer in systematic theology at the University of Berlin. Deeply interested in ecumenism, he was appointed by the World Alliance for Promoting International Friendship through the Churches (a forerunner of the World Council of Churches) as one of its three European youth secretaries. At this time he seems to have undergone something of a personal conversion from being a theologian primarily attracted to the intellectual side of Christianity to being a dedicated man of faith, resolved to carry out the teaching of Christ as he found it revealed in the Gospels. On 15 November 1931—at the age of 25—he was ordained at the Old-Prussian United St. Matthew's Church (German: St. Matthäuskirche) in Berlin.

Confessing Church
    Bonhoeffer's promising academic and ecclesiastical career was dramatically altered with the Nazi ascension to power on 30 January 1933. He was a determined opponent of the regime from its first days. Two days after Hitler was installed as Chancellor, Bonhoeffer delivered a radio address in which he attacked Hitler and warned Germany against slipping into an idolatrous cult of the Führer (leader), who could very well turn out to be Verführer (mis-leader, or seducer). He was cut off the air in the middle of a sentence, though it is unclear whether the newly elected Nazi regime was responsible. In April 1933, Bonhoeffer raised the first voice for church resistance to Hitler's persecution of Jews, declaring that the church must not simply "bandage the victims under the wheel, but jam the spoke in the wheel itself."In November 1932, two months before the Nazi takeover, there had been an election for presbyters and synodals (church officials) of the German Landeskirche (Protestant established churches).

This election was marked by a struggle within the Old-Prussian Union Evangelical Church between the nationalistic German Christian (Deutsche Christen) movement and Young Reformers—a struggle which threatened to explode into schism. In July 1933, Hitler unconstitutionally imposed new church elections. Bonhoeffer put all his efforts into the election, campaigning for the selection of independent, non-Nazi officials.Despite Bonhoeffer's efforts, in the rigged July election an overwhelming number of key church positions went to Nazi-supported Deutsche Christen people. The Deutsche Christen won a majority in the general synod of the Old-Prussian Union Evangelical Church and all its provincial synods except Westphalia, and in synods of all other Protestant church bodies, except for the Lutheran churches of Bavaria, Hanover, and Württemberg. The non-Nazi opposition regarded these bodies as uncorrupted "intact churches," as opposed to the other so-called "destroyed churches."In opposition to Nazification, Bonhoeffer urged an interdict upon all pastoral services (baptisms, weddings, funerals, etc.), but Karl Barth and others advised against such a radical proposal.

In August 1933, Bonhoeffer and Hermann Sasse were deputized by opposition church leaders to draft the Bethel Confession, a new statement of faith in opposition to the Deutsche Christen movement. Notable for affirming God's faithfulness to Jews as His chosen people, the Bethel Confession was so watered down to make it more palatable that Bonhoeffer ultimately refused to sign it.In September 1933, the national church synod at Wittenberg voluntarily passed a resolution to apply the Aryan paragraph within the church, meaning that pastors and church officials of Jewish descent were to be removed from their posts. Regarding this as an affront to the principle of baptism, Martin Niemöller founded the Pfarrernotbund (Pastors' Emergency League). In November, a rally of 20,000 Deutsche Christens demanded the removal of the Old Testament from the Bible, which was seen by many as heresy, further swelling the ranks of the Emergency League.Within weeks of its founding, more than a third of German pastors had joined the Emergency League. It was the forerunner of the Bekennende Kirche (Confessing Church), which aimed to preserve traditional Christian beliefs and practices.

The Barmen Declaration, drafted by Barth in May 1934 and adopted by the Confessing Church, insisted that Christ, not the Führer, was the head of the church. The adoption of the declaration has often been viewed as a triumph, although by Wilhelm Niemöller's estimate, only 20% of German pastors were supporting the Confessing Church.

Ministries in London
    When Bonhoeffer was offered a parish post in eastern Berlin in the autumn of 1933, he refused it in protest at the nationalist policy, and accepted a two-year appointment as a pastor of two German-speaking Protestant churches in London: the German Lutheran Church in Dacres Road, Sydenham. and the German Reformed Church of St Paul's, Goulston Street, Whitechapel. He explained to Barth that he had found little support for his views—even among friends—and that "it was about time to go for a while into the desert," Barth regarded this as running away from real battle. He sharply rebuked Bonhoeffer, saying, "I can only reply to all the reasons and excuses which you put forward: 'And what of the German Church?'" Barth accused Bonhoeffer of abandoning his post and wasting his "splendid theological armory" while "the house of your church is on fire," and chided him to return to Berlin "by the next ship."Bonhoeffer, however, did not go to England simply to avoid trouble at home; he hoped to put the ecumenical movement to work in the interest of the Confessing Church.

He continued his involvement with the Confessing Church, running up a high telephone bill to maintain his contact with Martin Niemöller. In international gatherings, Bonhoeffer rallied people to oppose the Deutsche Christen movement and its attempt to amalgamate Nazi nationalism with the Christian gospel. When Bishop Theodor Heckel (de)—the official in charge of German Lutheran Church foreign affairs—traveled to London to warn Bonhoeffer to abstain from any ecumenical activity not directly authorized by Berlin, Bonhoeffer refused to abstain.

Underground Seminaries
    In 1935, Bonhoeffer was presented with a much-sought-after opportunity to study non-violent resistance under Gandhi in his ashram, but, perhaps remembering Barth's rebuke, decided to return to Germany in order to head an underground seminary in Finkenwalde for training Confessing Church pastors. As the Nazi suppression of the Confessing Church intensified, Barth was driven back to Switzerland in 1935; Niemöller was arrested in July 1937; and in August 1936, Bonhoeffer's authorization to teach at the University of Berlin was revoked after he was denounced as a "pacifist and enemy of the state" by Theodor Heckel.Memorial of Dietrich Bonhoeffer in front of St. Peter's Church, HamburgBonhoeffer's efforts for the underground seminaries included securing necessary funds. He found a great benefactor in Ruth von Kleist-Retzow. In times of trouble, Bonhoeffer's former students and their wives would take refuge in von Kleist-Retzow's Pomeranian estate, and Bonhoeffer was a frequent guest. Later he fell in love with Kleist-Retzow's granddaughter, Maria von Wedemeyer, to whom he became engaged three months before his arrest.

By August 1937, Himmler decreed the education and examination of Confessing Church ministry candidates illegal. In September 1937, the Gestapo closed the seminary at Finkenwalde, and by November arrested 27 pastors and former students. It was around this time that Bonhoeffer published his best-known book, The Cost of Discipleship, a study on the Sermon on the Mount, in which he not only attacked "cheap grace" as a cover for ethical laxity, but also preached "costly grace."Bonhoeffer spent the next two years secretly traveling from one eastern German village to another to conduct "seminary on the run" supervision of his students, most of whom were working illegally in small parishes within the old-Prussian Ecclesiastical Province of Pomerania. The von Blumenthal family hosted the seminary on its estate of Groß Schlönwitz. The pastors of Groß Schlönwitz and neighbouring villages supported the education by employing and housing the students (among whom was Eberhard Bethge, who later edited Bonhoeffer's "Letters and Papers from Prison"), as vicars in their congregations.

In 1938, the Gestapo banned Bonhoeffer from Berlin. In summer 1939, the seminary was able to move to Sigurdshof, an outlying estate (Vorwerk) of the von Kleist family in Wendish Tychow. In March 1940, the Gestapo shut down the seminary there following the outbreak of World War II. Bonhoeffer's monastic communal life and teaching at Finkenwalde seminary formed the basis of his books, The Cost of Discipleship and Life Together.Bonhoeffer's sister, Sabine, along with her Jewish-classified husband Gerhard Leibholz and their two daughters, escaped to England by way of Switzerland in September 1940.

Return to the United States
    In February 1938, Bonhoeffer made an initial contact with members of the German Resistance when his brother-in-law Hans von Dohnányi introduced him to a group seeking Hitler's overthrow at Abwehr, the German military intelligence service.Bonhoeffer also learned from Dohnányi that war was imminent and was particularly troubled by the prospect of being conscripted. As a committed pacifist opposed to the Nazi regime, he could never swear an oath to Hitler and fight in his army, though not to do so was potentially a capital offense. He worried also about consequences his refusing military service could have for the Confessing Church, as it was a move that would be frowned upon by most Christians and their churches at the time.It was at this juncture that Bonhoeffer left for the United States in June 1939 at the invitation of Union Theological Seminary in New York. Amid much inner turmoil, he soon regretted his decision despite strong pressures from his friends to stay in the United States.

He wrote to Reinhold Niebuhr: "I have come to the conclusion that I made a mistake in coming to America. I must live through this difficult period in our national history with the people of Germany. I will have no right to participate in the reconstruction of Christian life in Germany after the war if I do not share the trials of this time with my people... Christians in Germany will have to face the terrible alternative of either willing the defeat of their nation in order that Christian civilization may survive or willing the victory of their nation and thereby destroying civilization. I know which of these alternatives I must choose but I cannot make that choice from security." He returned to Germany on the last scheduled steamer to cross the Atlantic.

Abwehr Agent
    Back in Germany, Bonhoeffer was further harassed by the Nazi authorities as he was forbidden to speak in public and was required to regularly report his activities to the police. In 1941, he was forbidden to print or to publish. In the meantime, Bonhoeffer joined the Abwehr (a German military intelligence organization). Dohnányi, already part of the Abwehr, brought him into the organization on the claim his wide ecumenical contacts would be of use to Germany, thus protecting him from conscription to active service. Bonhoeffer presumably knew about various 1943 plots against Hitler through Dohnányi, who was actively involved in the planning. In the face of Nazi atrocities, the full scale of which Bonhoeffer learned through the Abwehr, he concluded that "the ultimate question for a responsible man to ask is not how he is to extricate himself heroically from the affair, but how the coming generation shall continue to live."He did not justify his action but accepted that he was taking guilt upon himself as he wrote, "When a man takes guilt upon himself in responsibility, he imputes his guilt to himself and no one else. He answers for it... Before other men he is justified by dire necessity; before himself he is acquitted by his conscience, but before God he hopes only for grace." (In a 1932 sermon, Bonhoeffer said, "The blood of martyrs might once again be demanded, but this blood, if we really have the courage and loyalty to shed it, will not be innocent, shining like that of the first witnesses for the faith. On our blood lies heavy guilt, the guilt of the unprofitable servant who is cast into outer darkness.")

Under cover of the Abwehr, Bonhoeffer served as a courier for the German resistance movement to reveal its existence and intentions to the Western Allies in hope of garnering their support, and, through his ecumenical contacts abroad, to secure possible peace terms with the Allies for a post-Hitler government. His visits to Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and Switzerland were camouflaged as legitimate intelligence activities for the Abwehr. In May 1942, he met Anglican Bishop George Bell of Chichester, a member of the House of Lords and an ally of the Confessing Church, contacted by Bonhoeffer's exiled brother-in-law Leibholz; through him feelers were sent to British foreign minister Anthony Eden. However, the British government ignored these, as it had all other approaches from the German resistance. Dohnányi and Bonhoeffer were also involved in Abwehr operations to help German Jews escape to Switzerland. During this time Bonhoeffer worked on Ethics and wrote letters to keep up the spirits of his former students. He intended Ethics as his magnum opus, but it remained unfinished when he was arrested. On 5 April 1943, Bonhoeffer and Dohnányi were arrested and imprisoned.

Imprisonment
    On 13 January 1943, Bonhoeffer had become engaged to Maria von Wedemeyer, the granddaughter of his close friend and Finkenwalde seminary supporter, Ruth von Kleist Retzow. Ruth had campaigned for this marriage for several years, although up until late October 1942, Bonhoeffer remained a reluctant suitor despite Ruth being part of his innermost circle. A large age gap loomed between Bonhoeffer and Maria: he was 36 to her 18. The two also spent almost no time alone together prior to the engagement and did not see each other between becoming engaged and Bonhoeffer's 5 April arrest. Once he was in prison, however, Maria's status as fiancée became invaluable, as it meant she could visit Bonhoeffer and correspond with him. While their relationship was troubled, she was a source of food and smuggled messages. Bonhoeffer made Eberhard Bethge his heir, but Maria, in allowing her correspondence with Bonhoeffer to be published after her death, provided an invaluable addition to the scholarship.For a year and a half, Bonhoeffer was imprisoned at Tegel military prison awaiting trial. There he continued his work in religious outreach among his fellow prisoners and guards. Sympathetic guards helped smuggle his letters out of prison to Eberhard Bethge and others, and these uncensored letters were posthumously published in Letters and Papers from Prison. One of those guards, a corporal named Knobloch, even offered to help him escape from the prison and "disappear" with him, and plans were made for that end.

But Bonhoeffer declined it, fearing Nazi retribution against his family, especially his brother Klaus and brother-in-law Hans von Dohnányi, who were also imprisoned.After the failure of the 20 July Plot on Hitler's life in 1944 and the discovery in September 1944 of secret Abwehr documents relating to the conspiracy, Bonhoeffer was accused of association with the conspirators. He was transferred from the military prison Tegel in Berlin, where he had been held for 18 months, to the detention cellar of the house prison of the Reich Security Head Office, the Gestapo's high-security prison. In February 1945, he was secretly moved to Buchenwald concentration camp, and finally to Flossenbürg concentration camp.On 4 April 1945, the diaries of Admiral Wilhelm Canaris, head of the Abwehr, were discovered, and in a rage upon reading them, Hitler ordered that the Abwehr conspirators be destroyed. Bonhoeffer was led away just as he concluded his final Sunday service and asked an English prisoner, Payne Best, to remember him to Bishop George Bell of Chichester if he should ever reach his home: "This is the end—for me the beginning of life."

Execution
    Bonhoeffer was condemned to death on 8 April 1945 by SS judge Otto Thorbeck at a drumhead court-martial without witnesses, records of proceedings or a defense in Flossenbürg concentration camp. He was executed there by hanging at dawn on 9 April 1945, just two weeks before soldiers from the United States 90th and 97th Infantry Divisions liberated the camp, three weeks before the Soviet capture of Berlin and a month before the surrender of Nazi Germany.Bonhoeffer was stripped of his clothing and led naked into the execution yard where he was hanged, along with fellow conspirators Admiral Wilhelm Canaris, Canaris's deputy General Hans Oster, military jurist General Karl Sack, General Friedrich von Rabenau, businessman Theodor Strünck, and German resistance fighter Ludwig Gehre. Bonhoeffer's brother, Klaus Bonhoeffer, and his brother-in-law, Rüdiger Schleicher, were executed in Berlin on the night of 22–23 April as Soviet troops were already fighting in the capital. His brother-in-law Hans von Dohnányi had been executed in Sachsenhausen concentration camp on 8 or 9 April.Eberhard Bethge, a student and friend of Bonhoeffer's, writes of a man who saw the execution: "I saw Pastor Bonhoeffer... kneeling on the floor praying fervently to God. I was most deeply moved by the way this lovable man prayed, so devout and so certain that God heard his prayer. At the place of execution, he again said a short prayer and then climbed the few steps to the gallows, brave and composed. His death ensued after a few seconds. In the almost fifty years that I worked as a doctor, I have hardly ever seen a man die so entirely submissive to the will of God."This is the traditional account of Bonhoeffer's death, which over the decades went unchallenged.

However, many recent biographers see problems with the story, not due to Bethge but his source. The purported witness was a doctor at Flossenbürg concentration camp, Hermann Fischer-Hüllstrung, who may have wished to minimize the suffering of the condemned men to reduce his own culpability in their executions. J. L. F. Mogensen, a former prisoner at Flossenbürg, cited the length of time it took for the execution to be completed (almost six hours), plus departures from camp procedure that would probably not have been allowed to prisoners so late in the war, as jarring inconsistencies. Considering that the sentences had been confirmed at the highest levels of Nazi government, by individuals with a pattern of torturing prisoners who dared to challenge the regime, it is more likely that "the physical details of Bonhoeffer's death may have been much more difficult than we earlier had imagined."Other recent critics of the traditional account are more caustic. One terms the Fischer-Hüllstrung story as "unfortunately a lie," citing additional factual inconsistencies; for example, the doctor described Bonhoeffer climbing the steps to the noose, but at Flossenbürg the gallows had no steps.

Moreover, it appears that "Fischer-Hüllstrung had the job of reviving political prisoners after they had been hanged until they were almost dead, in order to prolong the agony of their dying." Another critic charges that Fischer-Hüllstrung's "subsequent statement about Bonhoeffer as kneeling in wordy prayer . . . belongs to the realm of legend."The dispostion of Bonhoeffer's remains is not known. His body may have been cremated outside the camp along with hundreds of other recently executed or dead prisoners, or American troops may have placed his body in one of several mass graves in which they interred the unburied dead of the camp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Well, Yoshinaka could probably some kind of Anti-Emperor ability related to his role in the destruction of the Taira Clan, as well as something to do with his title as the first Shogun. I also thought of an NP that lets him temporarily supercharge a single ally under his command, at the expense of them being forced to flee battle once the boost wears off, representing the whole "one last battle for my lord" thing, but that might be a bit of a stretch.
    There you go! A German man who started up a Confession Church!

- - - Updated - - -

For some reason it quoted the wrong thing, is Beasts Lair glitching for anyone else?

Blog Entries
    Dietrich: Wait, did you seriously write this sheet up in the few minutes since I suggested him to you? That's kind of insane. Unfortunately, the lack of time you put into it kind of shows. The sheet itself is okay and doesn't have any glaring flaws, but it definitely feels like what someone who spent a couple minutes looking the guy up on Wikipedia and the like would come up with.

On to more specific critiques. First, Caster really doesn't feel like a fitting Class for Dietrich. Given you emphasized the assassination plot legend, wouldn't making him an Assassin have made more sense? I also think that Innocent Monster would fit better in place of Innocent Assassin, since Salieri has the former under very similar conditions of "believed to have killed someone he never really killed". The mental manipulation effect is fine though; I'd just change the name. Incessant Writings is okay, I guess, though it feels weirdly generic and the kind of thing that practically every writer Servant could possess. Maybe it would help if you fleshed out why exactly he has it. Actually, the Skills section just feels really sparse in general. You barely even mentioned his religious beliefs, which are obviously a huge part of his personality and legacy. At the very least, he should have Protection Of The Faith or Soul Of A Martyr.

His NPs are also both very generic. One's a low-key army summon, and the other is a church that buffs Magecraft users. If you wanted to give Dietrich an army summon, referencing his connection with the Abwehr spy unit to give them low-level Espionage on something would make more sense than just making them all secret Mages (and if Hitler's would-be assassins could truly "blast someone apart" with magic, would they really have to resort to bombs in a suitcase to try to kill him?). Not to mention, despite going out of your way to associate Dietrich with Magecraft you never even mentioned the Burial Agency and Assembly of the Eighth Sacrament, canonical church groups that employ Magecraft-users. Thematically, the Burial Agency's "grace that doesn't exist" could also easily be linked to Dietrich's writings on guilt and necessary evil. That right there is some unforgivably wasted potential.

If I were going to invent a Nasu-style fantasy backstory for Dietrich, I'd totally make him an ex-Burial Agent who fought vampires and other monstrous enemies of the church, retired after growing disgusted with the life of a glorified killer, only to be forced to take that role again in a desperate attempt to end Hitler's growing ambitions. If you're going to stretch the facts and invent stuff, at least try to make it interesting.

Lastly, the massive loredump of a History section (which I can only presume was copied verbatim from the likes of Wikipedia), without even a token attempt to put your own spin on it, is totally pointless and uninteresting. The only people who care enough about Dietrich to read that almost certainly know everything they could glean from a Wikipedia summary of him anyways.

And keep in mind, these are all ideas I've cobbled together in a few minutes thinking of how to improve the sheet. You, the actual writer who can put in as much research as you want before posting it up here, can presumably do much better. I don't mean to sound insulting or anything, but Dietrich Bonhoeffer is a really cool and interesting historical figure and frankly, I don't think you did him much justice at all.

I did plan on editing it some more, but I was informed that my power was to go out, so there is likely to be a more updated version uploaded in the future which will have more work done on it, I didn't really get enough time to flesh out the character properly, so in the future, expect that.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If the offer is still up, I've always wanted to see
    Katsura Kogorō
    Kido Takayoshi
    as a Servant

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Anushiruwan/Khosrow I or Saxton Pope would be cool. I can't think of much for them myself, at least not enough to set them apart from other, similar individuals.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Update: Added a Relationship section in my Ksitigarbha sheet. Now it's even more complete.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Saber of fairness

"servant, Saber. so long as you keep your honor, my arm shall be your blade and my body your shield."

Class: Saber
    Alignment: Lawful/good
    Region: england
    Height: 170cm
    Weight: 61kg
    Dislikes: cheating, greedy people, broken weapons
    Talent: defending
    Armaments: sword, shield
    Natural Enemy: Gaius julius ceasar

stats

Str: B
    End: A
    Agi: B
    Mna: D
    Lck: C
    NP: B+

Skills

class skills
    Magic resistence(D): Cancel Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Riding(B): Vehicles and horses can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races such as Monstrous Beasts.

personal skills

Military tactics(C+): Possess the Military skills and tactics to effectively direct a single army, and conquer/maintain order over a single country. Saber has a unique bonus if she goes against other servants with this skill.

Battle continuation(A): Makes possible to fight even with deadly injuries and can remain alive for a short period of time even after a decisive fatal wound has been inflicted. After being hit on the head, saber still keeped fighting for fifteen days before dying.

Honor in fairness(B): Saber recives a bonus in strength and endurance against opponents that are "cheating". This refers to traps, surprise and mental attacks, as well as poison and curses. This does not cancel the effects of the enemies actions however.

Noble phantasm

Red death
    Angau Coch

A sword that used to belong to the roman emperor Gaius Julius Ceasar with the name of Crocea mors, Saber manage to obtain the weapon after a fight and use it to defeat several enemy soldiers.
    When the True Name is released, after the first automatic, clean hit, Luck Checks occur until one fails. An additional attack is bestowed on each consecutive success, creating a super consecutive attack.
    As a adtional effect, Saber can spend a bit of her on life to ensure another hit, this can be used up to fifteen times during the whole grail war, but every time will sap more of her health and using all the fifteen will surely cause her to die.

Grey death
    Angau Glas

Saber's shield and favorite item, the most famous parther of her legend. She reffers to it as her "most trustful ally".
    Saber can can only use it if the enemie unleashes their Noble phantasm. Once that happens, Saber can call it's name to generate one of two effects.
    By willfuly taking part of the damage, there is a change that the noble phamtasm will be "stolen". Saber can use all of the properties of the noble phantasm, but not techniques of the original owner. She can alto increase the chance by choosing to take more damage.
    Likewise, She can renounce the chance of "stealing" the Noble phantasm and insted reflecting part of the damage on the opponent, however anything over rank B has a chance of breaking through, with the chance scailing the higher the rank.

background

Saber's true name is Nynniaw of britain, know as Prince Nennius. She fought Ceasar during his invasion of britain and was one of his major problems.
    Her most famous act was to defeat Ceasar in single combat after his sword got stuck in her shield, however she dida die fifteen days later from a head wound sustain in that fight.

personality

Saber admires the ideal of the honorable knight, and always act trying to emulate such ideal. She has extremely strong morals, to the point of sometimes acting more like a child playing hero then a warrior of legend.
    She really likes weapons, sometimes even sounding a bit obsessive.

Last edited by the god of world-0; August 11th, 2018 at 11:21 AM.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    After being stroked on the head, saber still keeped fighting for fifteen days before dying.
    Unless you intended to imply this-

-I think that sentence might need to be reworded a bit.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sorry, but my poor phone cannot load that image.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Approved by someone who has done Nynniaw too. Your take on him is far more cute and likable than mine.