Page 691 of 858 FirstFirst ... 191591641681686689690691692693696701741791 ... LastLast
Results 13,801 to 13,820 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Actually, never mind. After looking more closely at Olaf's history and legend, apparently he was known to use divination via raven bones even after converting to Christianity. So giving Olaf an ability related to that actually is fitting, and I apologize for objecting based on only a superficial reading of his lore.

That said, I still think you could stand to flesh out Olaf's perspective on it a little more. It is prima facie odd for a zealous Christian to be using Pagan magic, so I'm curious how Olaf reconciles those dual aspects of his identity. Obvious justifications would be "As a man chosen by God to rule Norway, Olaf believes any method he uses to attain victory is holy by definition" or "Even King Solomon used demons to build the temple".

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Is this how you make a wanked Hel sheet?

Caster
    Identity: Hel-Baldr
    Also known as: Hela, Queen of Helheim / Baldr of the White Brow
    Height: 180 cm
    Weight: 31 kg
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Attribute: Sky
    Origin: Norse mythology
    Armament: Staff
    Natural enemy: Óðinn

Parameters:
    Strength: C
    Endurance: B
    Agility: D
    Mana: B
    Luck: E
    NP: EX

Background
    Hel-Baldr is a composite being, the product of two different entities that joined and became one, that isn’t recorded in any text, myth, or legend. No, it’s not that there aren’t any records, because they exist in truth. They exist, but they have been misinterpreted. The reason for this is a problem concerning the name of one of the components of this Servant.

Hel-Baldr is, as can be logically deducted from the True Name, a combination of the Nordic gods Hel and Baldr.

First, Hel. One of the three monstrosities created by the trickster god Loki and the jǫtunn Angrboða, and therefore the sister of the wolf Fénrir and the serpent Jǫrmungandr. Residing in the cold world of mist, Niflheim, the ninth of the Nine Worlds, she became the queen of the dead and created her own realm, Helheim, more commonly known as Hel.

Second, Baldr. A direct descendant of Óðinn and known as the most perfect of gods. Not only was he insuperably beautiful, he possessed great wisdom as well. A god of peace, justice, and purity, so majestic that his presence illuminated any place. However, that perfection of his triggered a great fear. Too wise for his own good, Baldr started having nightmares about his own death. Concerned about her most precious son, his mother Frigg made the entirety of existence vow that they would not hurt him.

Thanks to the actions of his mother, Baldr was invincible. No matter how strong the enemy or sharp the weapon, it was impossible to harm that body. But Frigg forgot – or rather, ignored – one thing, and that thing became the responsible of Baldr’s death: the mistletoe. Considered insignificant and harmless by the goddess, she thought that it was unnecessary to make the plant vow anything. This weakness was soon discovered by the cunning Loki, who started plotting a way to kill him. Taking advantage of the new entertainment at Valhöll, which consisted in throwing weapons at Baldr and see how they were deflected as if they were toys, Loki gave the blind god Höðr an arrow made from a branch of mistletoe and helped him aim. Unaware of the weakness, the whole pantheon was shocked when they saw the god they deemed immortal fall dead.

The reason for the intertwining between Hel and Baldr is the latter’s death. Although his destiny was described as residing in Hel, the texts didn’t mean the realm, but the goddess. Hel had been forgotten by all, left alone in a world towards which only the souls of those unworthy of glory in the afterlife descended. When she saw that the god that was cherished and loved by everything and everyone had become a new dweller of her abode, Hel, moved by jealousy, devoured him. But that didn’t serve any purpose. When Hermóðr was sent to Helheim, he only asked to take Baldr with him. There wasn’t any concern for Hel at all.

“Very well, I will allow him to revive only if I’m proven that he truly is loved by all and all mourn his death.”

At that moment, Hel felt furious and sad. By assimilating Baldr, she should have become the same kind of existence as him, a perfected being that everyone would love. Yet she wasn’t. If she was, she would have been taken away from the place by the messenger god. She couldn’t disobey the great god Óðinn and refuse to let the god she had assimilated go, but she could at least establish certain conditions. As long as Baldr was part of her, there was still a chance of her becoming someone that would be appreciated by the Æsir in the future. Luckily for her, Loki had already thought a ruse and, disguised as a jǫtunn called Þǫkk, refused to cry for Baldr’s death. Thus, keeping her promise, Hel didn’t release him, and had the whole eternity to wait until she matured into a perfected being.

……… But time passed and passed, and she was still isolated in the ninth world. At the same time rage and despair started filling her heart, she began to realize that it was futile. Because she wouldn’t achieve anything by hating. She wouldn’t achieve anything by lamenting herself. There wasn’t anybody to convey her emotions to in her realm, so having any feeling at all was useless. For that reason, she used her Authority over death to kill her emotions. Now, the queen of Helheim awaits until Ragnarǫk, when she will fade from existence along with all of her duties.

Personality
    The quiescent and icy-cold queen of Helheim has already lost any trace of a personality. Having killed her emotions, she’s unable to feel joy, sadness, anger, or empathy. Her behavior could be considered similar to that of a zombie that retains its intellect. Hel can still talk and reason as a normal person, indeed, but that doesn’t mean she can understand the sentiments of others. Without any emotions, the ability to feel sympathy has been cut. Therefore, Hel cannot understand anymore the mood of others. Doing things without thinking of how would other people feel about it, she tilts her head in wonder when she accidentally angers someone or makes them cry.

Treatment with the Master: The formation of any kind of special attachment towards the Master is impossible. Hel will perform any order that is given to her without uttering a single word, as if she was just a tool. But she doesn’t have the mechanical precision of other emotionless Servants, so she’s bound to commit mistakes.

In the bottom of her heart, gratefulness towards the Master that has been kind enough to notice and summon her is shyly beginning to blossom. However, she is completely unaware of it.

Likes: Nothing, since she doesn’t have emotions. That said, as a goddess of the dead that is fused with a god of peace, she’s naturally more comfortable in a pacific environment.

Dislikes: Nothing, since she doesn’t have emotions. Despite her preference for silence and her sending Garmr to chase away undesired or unexpected visitors, it’s not as if Hel liked being always alone.

Wish for the Grail: None, since not having emotions means not desiring anything. But being summoned as a Servant generally implies that there is a wish. The existence known as Baldr doesn’t exist anymore, yet from the two entities that constitute the Servant Hel-Baldr, he would be the one to want the Holy Grail.

Skills
    Class skills
    Item Construction E
    Although not versed in magecraft, Hel was said to give the inhabitants of Helheim items if she was asked to. If only because of that, she gets this skill at E rank as a compensation.

Territory Creation EX
    At this rank, it’s not a matter of creating a simple workshop or a temple, but a whole realm. Derived from Hel’s Noble Phantasm.

Magic Resistance E+
    Somewhat reduces damage from spells, although there’s a small probability of canceling them if they’re Single-Action. Drenched in the darkness of Helheim, both Hel and Baldr had very little exposure to magecraft.

Riding A+
    Can handle any ride and animal, including Phantasmal Species, with excellent skill. Dragons, however, are an exception to the rule.

Personal skills
    Divinity A-
    Hel is a daughter of Loki and a jǫtunn, while Baldr is a son of Óðinn. Both of them being Divine Spirits should make Hel-Baldr obtain Divine Core of the Goddess, but their state itself is what has lowered their status. Hel’s Emotional Necrosis skill and Baldr being dead are both proof of gods not being absolute. As such, Hel-Baldr can’t obtain a skill that measures the absoluteness of a perfect god. Even with those penalties, this rank of Divinity isn’t something to joke about.

Double Class D
    An ultra-rare skill, reserved only to a very select group of Servants. By adding certain verses to the summoning chant, it’s possible to make the Servant manifest properties from two different classes.
    Hel, who originally would only be able to manifest as a Caster, obtained the capacity to show talents from the Rider class after assimilating Baldr.

Emotional Necrosis A+
    A skill that, upon first glance, may be mistaken by Mental Pollution or Innocent Monster. As it can be guessed from the name, this skill implies that one’s emotions are dead. It’s not that Hel doesn’t show her feelings. She doesn’t have them at all. They’re literally dead. And with the death of the personality, that body, feeling empty, began unconsciously to decompose, rotting as a soulless corpse. An image fitting for the queen of Helheim.

Guardian Beast A
    Hel’s dear dog that guards her realm, the large hound Garmr. A Divine Beast used to prevent that people don’t enter or exit Helheim, it boasts excellent physical abilities.

Revelation –
    An ability akin to Instinct in the sense that it’s a sixth sense that allows to take optimum action in battle. The major difference is that this skill accommodates all matters related to achieving the goal.
    Because it’s a skill of the soul, Hel couldn’t obtain this skill from Baldr, whose wisdom made him dream of his own death, upon assimilating him.

Natural Body (Light) E
    A variation of Natural Body exclusive of Baldr that denotes the perfection of his body, which was such that he irradiated light. A temporary rank-up to Strength can be granted, and the figure doesn’t change no matter how much food is ingested. Additionally, the luminous aura that is exuded may disconcert evil beings and monsters. Because this is a skill of the body, Hel didn’t have any problem in obtaining it, but her rotting body has lowered the skill’s rank to the minimum.

Noble Phantasm

Éljúðnir Breiðablik
    Gleaming castle of hellish mist

Type: Barrier, Fortress
    Description:

“Rise, my… Our home… Helheim is now here…”

Éljúðnir, the residence of Hel in Helheim. A castle surrounded by evil spirits and unlucky souls, perpetually wrapped in the icy mist of Niflheim. Breiðablik, the gleaming hall where Baldr used to live. One of the most beautiful halls of Ásgarðr, from whose gates no evil could pass. In the same way their owners coalesced into one entity, the homes of the gods have merged into a Noble Phantasm.

Hel uses this Noble Phantasm in the shape of a Bounded Field of dual nature. Éljúðnir attracts by nature Evil-aligned Servants, while Breiðablik repels them. Hel can choose which of those properties is manifested, allowing her to drag towards or away from her an enemy with Evil alignment. It is possible to display both forces of attraction and repulsion at the same time, in which case the bodies of nearby opponents will be torn into pieces by the resulting tug-of-war. By bypassing a Luck check, it’s possible to make enemies from different alignments be affected by this effect.

Once the Bounded Field has been established, the surroundings are considered Helheim, in other words, the underworld. Because of this, the environment around it is modified to match the appearance of Niflheim. A frigid mist permanently shrouds the castle, so cold that normal humans would die in a matter of seconds. As one gets closer to the core of the Bounded Field, the fog starts becoming poisonous, slowly chipping away the health of Servants. Once inside, the only way to reach the core on one’s own is by heading northwards all the time, no matter from what direction one has entered.

The castle located at the geographical center of the Bounded Field is the core of the Bounded Field, which means that its destruction will disable the Noble Phantasm. However, doing so is a hard task due to the properties of Breiðablik, from whose gates no evil shall pass, a characteristic that is also seen in the Castle of Chalk from Britain. Attacks with evil intention deal little damage to the walls or the gates of the fortress, leaving the enemy party with no other option than to find a way to kill either Hel-Baldr or her Master.

Hringhorni
    Precious ground-shaking funerary ship

Type: Anti-Army
    Description:

“Ah… Not even the mighty Þórr could move this ship…”

Hringhorni is the ship of Baldr, and the reason why he can be summoned as a Rider. It is considered the greatest of ships, and despite not possessing the firepower of other similar Noble Phantasms, equipped with a large number of cannons and artillery, the destruction it can cause is enormous.

Possessing such a weight that not even the Æsir were able to push it, Hel-Baldr can attack with it by summoning it above the opponents, crushing them with its gigantic mass, or by performing a tackle attack. The ship is able to move not only through water, but through land and air as well, although that would increase its mana consumption highly. When traveling over the floor, the vessel shakes the earth with low-magnitude earthquakes, destroying everything on its path.

As a suicide attack, Hel-Baldr can set the ship on fire with her on board, executing a blazing attack. Originally, doing this would instill grief on all those who witnessed the act, but that effect has been lost since Hel will never be mourned by anyone.

Despite its offensive features, Hel can use the ship defensively. Summoning it in front of her as a shield, its sturdiness, length, and nigh-immovability make it a good protection for her and her allies.

Ljómandi Kamille
    Mayweed of the radiant

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Description:

“It doesn’t hurt… But I couldn’t feel pain even without this… Pain is an emotion, after all…”

The vow that was made to Frigg, so that nothing and nobody would harm Baldr. With the exception of the mistletoe, Baldr became impervious to any attack. Rather than a blessing over the owner’s body, this Noble Phantasm could be considered a curse over the World.

Instead of simply granting invulnerability, Ljómandi Kamille forcibly reduces the damage of attacks by a value equivalent to Hel-Baldr’s health plus the damage dealt by the attack. For example, if she has 100 HP and she received an attack that deals 50 points of damage, the damage reduction would be of 150 HP. Still, it’s not like this Noble Phantasm is completely perfect. As a matter of fact, it possesses several weaknesses.

First, the very own reason why Baldr was killed: mistletoe. Any weapon crafted with this plant will bypass the effects of this Noble Phantasm and disable it permanently.

Second, the fact that it only protects from attacks. Because the action needs to be considered an attack in order to be protected from, something like the bite of a vampire wouldn’t count, since it’s actually an invitation to become a friend. If only, the bite wouldn’t hurt, but Hel would be turned into a vampire nevertheless.

Third, the way the vow was made. It was a promise made only by what existed in the era in which Baldr existed, and only concerned the material world. Because of that, the most modern entities, such as Jack the Ripper or Okita Sōji, as well as figures that defy the conservation of Mystery can deal damage to Hel without any issue. Conceptual Weapons and Noble Phantasms whose way of dealing damage isn’t “using something to attack”, but the concept of “something harming the body” itself aren’t included in the list of damage sources that are defended against either.

Relations

Ereškigal: “Senpai is quite expressive for a goddess of death… There is no sense in that…”

Surtr-Fenrir: “I thought I had sensed my brother… I guess something similar to my case happened to him…”

Brynhildr: “I remember having heard Brynhildr’s stories several times in Helheim… I still cannot understand why she is so attached to that Sigurðr…”

Now seriously, is it too wanked? I think it's too wanked.

Blog Entries
    I mean, it's a good sheet, and I really like the character, but yeah, fusing Hel and Baldr together, especially if you go with Double Summon route is definitely going to make her look a bit too wanked. But it's fine because, from what I've seen, the Surtr-Fenrir fusion is even more so. Although I really like how you assimilate the Hel and Baldr as a character, I can't say the same with how the Skills and NPs are treated. It just lacks synergy. One way to solve this is to make an NP or a Skill which really represent their assimilation, instead of different Skill set and NP for both of them. I think it has something to do with you choosing the Double Class route.
    Last edited by 34; November 8th, 2018 at 11:25 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You mean something like how Surtr-Fenrir has Physique of Fire and Ice, right? Hm, you're right. I could have fused Emotional Necrosis with Natural Body (Light) or something like that.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    Something like this, then?

Better...

I actually know an Scots girl who might be willing to make this sort of thing for Scat just out of pure vitriol...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    You mean something like how Surtr-Fenrir has Physique of Fire and Ice, right? Hm, you're right. I could have fused Emotional Necrosis with Natural Body (Light) or something like that.
    Your Hel is indeed a another caliber as mine especially personality wise does i notice that i make my charackters more humanly and let them "suffer" in their emotional reign.

*breaths* now my "usual" qoestion what would she ssay to my Version of her and my two Fenris versions and what is her usual Fighting pattern /moves and what do you think would Ereskigal think of each of our Hel ??
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    She doesn't really fight on her own. Most of the time, she's sheltered in her castle and sends Garmr to fight intruders. If she has to fight, she can use mist/cold-related attacks, but she's more of a defensive fighter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    She doesn't really fight on her own. Most of the time, she's sheltered in her castle and sends Garmr to fight intruders. If she has to fight, she can use mist/cold-related attacks, but she's more of a defensive fighter
    Does that mean she has no "minions" ? not even her Servants Ganglot and Ganglati ?
    and please answer me what would she think of my Fenris and my Version of her im interested altgough i know it will be a mechanic answer ? but why have you made her personality this way ? im curious, although in regarding to your interpreted Version its harmonizing.

Blog Entries
    Koga, perhaps you should stop asking how some Servants would react to your creations and focus more about working on your grammar and spelling, not to mention more accurate details about the mythology you're using in each of your sheets.

"By your command, Gaheris of the Shadows has answered your call. May this blade serve one who cheers and weeps, may this gaze follow them as they lead a life of joy and sadness."

Class: Saber

True Name: Gaheris

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Parameters:

Strength: B
    Endurance: B
    Agility: B
    Mana: A
    Luck: C
    Noble Phantasm: B

Skills

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: B+
    Grants protection against magical effects. At this rank, spells with a chant below three verses are cancelled. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for Saber to be affected. Moreover, it is essentially impossible to negatively afflict Saber with curses and contracts. At birth, he was cursed by his mother Morgan le Fay with a geas that would force him - at the perfect moment - to slay King Arthur. He did not only break the contract, but beheaded her as well without any side effect.

Riding: B
    The ability to ride mounts and vehicles. At this rank, most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill, even vehicles that did not exist in one's time period. However, the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts can't be ridden. This rank is only natural for a Knight of the Round Table, but as Saber isn't known for any particular riding feat, the rank can't rise further.

Personal Skills:

Knights of the Shadows: A
    An unique composite Skill exclusive to Heroic Spirit Gaheris. It grants both Presence Concealment and Information Erasure of the same rank, allowing Saber to enact incredibly deadly ambushes that far surpass the performance of most Assassin-class Servants, who are usually limited to targeting Masters. He can only be detected once he draws his blade to attack and all evidence of his battles - whether digital or physical - are erased upon retreat, alongside the memories of those involved. However, those who knew him in life will keep remembering Saber after the first meeting. Saber is the Knight of the Shadows who walked alongside his comrades but was never acknowledged. When tales of the brave knights of Camelot were sung, no lips would spell his name. Even in history, he was never remembered for anything aside from a murderous act which King Arthur was forced to punish him for.

Magecraft: B+
    Knowledge about modern Thaumaturgy. Saber is especially talented when it comes to curses and hexes, but no one would question it upon learning that he is Morgan's son. Mordred was a tool, Agravain acted like an obedient boy, Gawain and Gareth were disappointments who lacked the proper temperament - it was only Gaheris who truly inherited Morgan's essence as a supreme witch who rivaled Merlin. Although Gaheris' right arm was cursed to strike at King Arthur, Mordred and Agravain were expected to be the ones who would actually overthrow him. His main role was that of an heir who could act in her stead if needed. He is a more capable magus than most modern humans, but being summoned as a Saber limits him and he doesn't possess enough qualifications to manifest as a Caster.

Mystic Eyes: B
    A Skill indicating the possession of Mystic Eyes, capable of imparting magical effects and interfering with the outside world. Saber possesses "Anti-Magecraft" Eyes that disrupt the flow of magical energy and the composition of spells he looks at. They are permanently active; Agravain often mocked Gaheris "for being dull", but that was because he often stared at the ground to prevent his Mystic Eyes from interfering with world around him. A gift and a curse granted by his mother Morgan, they were originally meant to hinder Merlin "just in case he got in the way": their effectiveness is such that even a mage of Merlin's caliber would find himself troubled and - for most Casters - it would be a hopeless fight. It is highly ironic that - due to these eyes - Gaheris was able to cut through his mother's neck despite the many wards and spells she had erected.

Noble Phantasm

Morgan Llaw Dbu - Slay, Black Hand of Betrayal
    Anti-Unit

The cursed right arm of Heroic Spirit Gaheris, a burden forced upon him by his mother Morgan le Fay. Its name is inspired by the legendary King of Britons, Lludd Llaw Eraint - Llud of the Silver Hand - so it also symbolizes her dark ambitions.

It was said that Gaheris hid his right arm because it was longer than his left one. Knights who believed such a rumor thought it foolish to be ashamed for something that could grant increased prowess in battle, but only his siblings were aware of his arm's true nature.

Any weapon wielded by Saber's right arm turns into a demonic armament that temporarily turns whatever it touches into an exploitable "weak point". For the next attack, even the greatest of armors or toughest of bodies will become as fragile as paper.

It is essentially a curse, but a high-level one that can't be compared to similar assassination techniques whose effectiveness depend on factors like amount of magical energy or fate. It was due to this power that he was capable of slaying the evil giant Aupatris despite his low combat prowess in direct fights compared to other Knights of the Round Table: Aupatris - unable to even trouble Gaheris - had his limbs shattered one after another before finally falling.

Calling upon the Noble Phantasm's true name releases its function as a "tool of betrayal" devised to assassinate King Arthur when he least expected it. Saber's right arm releases dark magical energy - the same kind of power possessed by Morgan and the blackened King of Knights - and condenses it into a conceptual slash that ignores distance, armor or shields to cut off the target's head.

The curse's original aim - killing King Arthur - remains even after Gaheris' ascension to the Throne of Heroes. The chances to actually deal a fatal blow increase the more the target resembles the existence known as King Arthur.

It doesn't matter whether it's due to traits such as having a Dragon's magical energy reactor, wielding a holy sword, being a king or even having a similar history, a similar appearance or a similar personality - anything that would fan the flames of Morgan's hatred is acceptable. Needless to say, its effectiveness against the actual King Arthur is absolute.

Lore and Background

The gloomy child born from the union of Morgan le Fay and King Lot, he was the third heir to the Picts after his brothers Gawain and Agravain.

His magical talent was immediately recognized by Morgan, who had sought a successor to inherit the supernatural cursed blood running through the veins of the Pendragon family. Gawain resembled his father too much and lacked the right disposition, while Agravain had an attitude that suited magecraft but lacked the talent.

In a train of dark and selfish thoughts that any proper mother would have found shameful, Morgan believed that as long as Gaheris had the talent, she could mold his personality to suit her needs.

He liked nothing, disliked nothing, nothing made him happy and nothing made him unhappy. Eating was just an action meant to fill his stomach and obeying Morgan was all he was instructed to do.
    Rather than being forbidden from interacting with others, he simply saw no point in it, so he never formed a relationship with his father King Lot and knew nothing about his siblings beyond their appearance.

One could call his childhood unhappy, but that would assume that Gaheris had ever experienced happiness in the first place. Every day was filled with nothing but pain, but he couldn't even fear failure since he never developed as a person.

He received his Mystic Eyes when he was four years old and - just a year after that - Morgan filled his right arm with thousands of curses aimed at King Arthur in a painful process that permanently scarred Gaheris' mind and made him unresponsive to pain and weak external stimuli.

The pain shocked him into feeling fear for the first time. After being left to recover for a few weeks, he began interacting with his brother Gawain.
    Morgan was an authority figure he couldn't afford to disappoint while Agravain was nothing but a familiar face he occasionally met. Gawain - and later Gareth - were the only individuals he could trust and were akin to a sun that brightened his dark days.

Following the death of King Lot - who had opposed King Arthur's unification of Britain under a single banner - at the hands of Round Table's supervisor, King Pellinore, all of them joined King Arthur's court.
    Agravain was secretly an assassin sent by Morgan, but he eventually swore genuine loyalty to the ruler of Camelot and so came to resent Gaheris, whom he viewed as nothing but the treacherous Morgan's tool.
    Gawain, on the other hand, proved his prowess as both fighter and knight and was accepted as a member of the Round Table. Gaheris worked under him as his squire until he was eventually knighted and joined the Round Table as the member holding the sixth seat.

Just as King Arthur's inhumane perfection deeply affected Agravain, Gaheris matured by observing the King's humanity. As the shadow who would eventually stab him in the back, it was only natural to stalk him under the pretext of acting as a bodyguard.

By pure chance, he happened to witness a genuinely beautiful interaction between the King and Guinevere.
    The King smiled. It was just a slight upturning of the lips, but the emotions in his eyes was something that Gaheris had neither experienced or seen in his life.

Ever since childhood, he had obediently follower Morgan's teachings and joined the Round Table per her request.
    He never sought a reason or thought about it - to him, Morgan le Fay was an entity of absolute authority. Defying her never crossed his mind.

But the King's smile changed that. For the first time in his existence, Gaheris asked himself "why am I doing this?". He questioned Morgan's orders and wondered if extinguishing the life of an inhumane King who could still smile like that was something he truly wished to do.

He never got his answer - or perhaps he did, for he stopped spying on on his king. He told Morgan that he would "not report for a while" under the pretense of Merlin's presence in court being too much of a risk. Gaheris was easily believed - after all, Morgan was a woman of absolute confidence in herself; she never doubted that someone she had manipulated from birth could ever deceive her.

Deciding to act as a proper knight, he went through many adventures. He proved his prowess by saving his brother Gawain twice, rescued Agravain and Gareth from the lord of Newcastle and slayed the giant Aupatris.

At the time, his relationship with the other Knights of the Round Table was almost flawless: he befriended Percival and continuously supported Tristan on the matter of Iseult.
    However, Agravain's suspicion towards Gaheris only intensified when he started acting as a "proper knight" rather than fitting his vision of him as Morgan's puppet. He began belittling him, calling him "dull" for always averting his gaze from others, saying that he shamed their king by not walking with pride.
    This drove a wedge between Gawain and Agravain and one could say that it was only one of the many causes which would eventually ruin Camelot.

Frustrated by Gaheris' lack of progress and repetitive justifications, the impatient Morgan gave birth to another son. It was not a natural existence born from the deceased King Lot, but rather an artificial human manufactured with King Arthur's seed.

This development is what ultimately prompted Gaheris to cut ties with Morgan.

It wasn't as if he was deluded into believing that his mother actually loved him.
    That sort of self-deception was something that belonged to his childhood, when his self briefly dreamed of hope.
    Perhaps Morgan "cared" for Gaheris, but it was only a selfish affection that fundamentally only benefited her.
    Gaheris didn't truly "hate" his mother, for he never truly hated anyone.
    However, witnessing the pure disregard with which she replaced others when she was inconvenienced, and the lengths to which she would go for the purpose of slaying her own brother opened his eyes to his long-unanswered question.

King Arthur is a man who pretends to be a monster, but Morgan le Fay is a monster who pretends to be a human.

In his memories, Gaheris treasured the honest smile that King Arthur showed to Guinevere as it reminded him of what he truly wished.
    To protect the King's smile and perhaps - someday - to be able to smile like that as well.

But the Round Table began to fracture. Sir Tristan - whose internal struggle did not permit him to suffer any further by witnessing King Arthur's similarly tragic situation - left Camelot after unintentionally allowing sharp words to slip out and criticize his own ruler:

"King Arthur does not understand the hearts of men."

These words "cursed" the other knights and precipitated the kingdom's ruin by provoking conflict between Sir Gawain and Sir Pellinore, who had killed the former's father King Lot. Sir Pellinore, fiercely loyal to the king, harshly insulted Sir Tristan and looked down on him as a traitor who did not understand the king. Gawain - unwilling to let even a comrade slander the name of his friend - argued on the subject of "traitors" until the supervisor of the Round Table accidentally mentioned King Lot.

Both were admirable knights, but it was because of their pride as knights that reconciliation became impossible. One too passionate to leave the argument and the other too prideful to ask for forgiveness, the dispute escalated until the two battled under the sun a few days later.
    Needless to say, the battle was completely one-sided. Rather than a duel, it was more akin to a slaughter. Pellinore's wife wept, denouncing Gawain as a coward who committed shameful treason by fighting when the conditions so clearly benefited him.

At the same time, Gaheris secrely followed Pellinore's son, Lamorak. He had no intention of exacerbating the conflict between Gawain and Pellinore. Rather, he was doing it as a favor to Lamorak's brother - Sir Percival - who claimed that Lamorak had been acting strangely.
    Gifted in magecraft, Gaheris had no trouble concealing his presence and stalked him until he reached a hidden hut, clad in blackened magical energy that made the identity of its owner obvious.

He discovered that Morgan had charmed Lamorak to fanatically love her, turning him into a puppet that would accelerate the crumbling of the Round Table.
    Gaheris - even with his Mystic Eyes - had been unable to detect the charm, but it did not surprise him given the caster's abilities.
    However, the fact that the charm didn't wear off under his gaze suggested that its nature was more akin to that of a curse tied to Morgan's life.

"Then what I must do is clear."

With no hesitation or regret, Gaheris swiftly unsheathed his blade and cut Morgan's neck, ending her life. Undoubtedly, something of this caliber would fail to terminate an existence as powerful as her, but it would take time for her to recover. As Gaheris proceeded to destroy the entire body to prevent Morgan's soul from inhabiting it again, Lamorak fled in confusion.

However, as he returned to Camelot, the dazed knight came across Mordred. Instructed by Morgan's soul - which was fleeing back to her workshop - to erase any evidence of her presence in Camelot, Mordred stabbed Lamorak in the back and made arrangements so that Gaheris would be blamed for his death.

Made to kneel in front of King Arthur to answer for his crimes, the King's duty was painfully evident. Gawain had slain Pellinore in a duel, as "unfair" as it was, but Gaheris had supposedly killed Lamorak from behind.
    Of course, no true comrade of Gaheris believed him capable of cold-blooded murder and even Agravain - who had antagonized him for years - was skeptical.

However, civil unrest denied an investigation and demanded a rapid resolution.

King Arthur, although outwardly impassive, was struggling to pass judgment on one of his most trusted knights.
    Unwilling to let his king suffer, Gaheris threw away his cape - alongside his title as a Knight of the Round Table - and resigned of his own volition.
    Gaheris did not wait for the King's response, nor did he wish to. As he exited the hall, he failed to ignore Gawain's trembling frown and Gareth's shocked expression.

For weeks, Gaheris could do nothing but witness the Round Table's collapse from afar, powerless and unable to change anything. He attempted to stop Agravain from exposing the affair between Lancelot and Guinevere, but was only met with indifference as his brother admonished him:

"You are no longer a Knight of the Round Table. Therefore, you do not possess the right to question my actions. Leave, Gaheris - there is no place for you here anymore."

Those were his brother's last words. A few days after Agravain's death at the hands of Lancelot, Queen Guinevere's execution was announced.

Gaheris attended, but even he was unsure of what to do.
    He bitterly cursed his powerlessness which could not prevent Agravain's actions, thus failing to protect King Arthur's smile.

He saw his sister Gareth - hints of her once cheerful disposition nowhere to be seen - standing guard. As their eyes met, her sad smile conveyed both her joy at reuniting with her brother and her despair at being forced to do so on such a somber event.

Then, as sudden as a lightning strike, a knight in white armor rode in.
    Galloping towards the Queen's execution site, he drew his sword.
    No one failed to recognize the fairies-blessed sword of the lake, but that made it even harder to accept the reality of the situation as Arondight slashed Gareth in two, staining Lancelot's pristine armor in bloody red.

Gaheris met his own end after not too long.
    As the crowd dispersed in fear, he kept starting at his sister's corpse, her expression suggesting happiness that had just began to morph into confusion and shock.
    Even after being ruthlessly cut down by the object of her adulation, her beautiful lily-white fingers still weakly grasped her sword.
    In a haze of fury and rage, Gaheris took it and - as he briefly exchanged blows with the Knight of the Lake - cursed his name in a hoarse voice:

"Die, suffer, despair, cry! Writhe in pain and weep, Lancelot!"

Gaheris - failing to even scratch his armor - was cut down as well.

However, his right arm welcomed the curses he had aimed at the knight and - even with the death of its owner - corrupted Lancelot's white armor, staining it with a black stigma meant to reflect his betrayal.

Personality

Having been the subject of Morgan's experiments since his earliest years, Gaheris' development was hindered on both a physical and mental level. Despite being just a few years younger than Gawain, his looks are more properly defined as pretty rather than manly, fooling many into the impression that he was Gareth's twin rather than her older brother.

Before being welcomed into King Arthur's court, his personality was best described as non-existent, but after experiencing fear for the first time he slowly began to develop an ego through his interactions with Gawain and later Gareth.

As a Knight of the Round Table, he is quiet but extremely so. He only speaks if prompted, but one shouldn't even expect him to contribute to the discussion any further. Rather than rudeness, it's because he is always unsure when it comes to conversations.

Because of his poor communication skills, it is easy to misunderstand his actions or grow frustrated with his unresponsiveness. Precisely due to the fact that it is hard to bond with him, he treasures his friends greatly and is willing to even antagonize a king for them. However, he will never compromise when it comes to his personal beliefs, even if it involves his siblings.

He tends to be blunt, such as reporting a knight's death to his wife and walking away without consoling her. Although he has the self-awareness to recognize his mistakes when pointed out to him, he finds it hard to correct them. He has a "needlessly" kind side that shows concern towards the troubles of commoners and peasants - in more than one occasion, he spent his own coins to prevent farmers from dying due to an unlucky harvest or an animal devoured by wolves - but his ignorance regarding inherent goodness makes him dismiss the whole matter as pure objectivity on his part.

It is hard to anger him, but once slighted he will never let go of a grudge. It is not because of pettiness, but because only a truly awful crime would enrage him. In this aspect, he truly inherited his mother Morgan's dark nature. Had he survived his fight against Lancelot, he would have utterly ruined his life and made him even more miserable than he was after King Arthur's death.

His gaze is always pointed downward, making other perceive him as constantly lost in thoughts, so many are surprised by its intensity when starting directly into his eyes. This and his soft demeanor drew many comparisons between Sir Gaheris and Sir Tristan, although not an undeserved one given their close relationship.

People formulate judgments based on the assumptions they built over the years, but Gaheris lacks the sort of experience that would allow him to do that. When he meets someone, he doesn't categorize them as "evil" or "good". As a Knight of the Round Table, he will protect the innocents and battle the wicked, but only because that's his duty. Similarly, he didn't cut ties with Morgan because she was "evil" but due to her inhumanity.

Compared to most Knights of the Round Table, he holds less loyalty towards King Arthur - or perhaps it might be more accurate to say that he isn't as fanatical. Unlike those who saw the king as a great ruler detached from regular beings - both in terms of power and personalty - Gaheris considered King Arthur "an admirable person".

He is devoted to the king because the king is human, so his admiration is personal rather than dutiful. Unsurprisingly, the restraint he set upon the holy lance Rhongomyniad is "The battle must not be inhumane." - in other words, King Arthur must retain his form as someone who loves and suffers like anyone else.

In battle, he is completely merciless. Whether it's a child or an elderly, his blade won't waver at all. One might accuse him of being without morals, but his decisiveness is simply a trait born from a lack of the prejudices that commonly associate a "child" with "innocence". Of course, he won't kill unless provided with a reasonable justification.He's practical in both combat and tactics, to the point that many would point out "How are you not an Assassin?".

In regards to his Master, he applies the same standards he holds for King Arthur. Instead of "good" and "evil", compatibility relies on whether one is "humane" or "inhumane". Due to how a typical magus' mind operates, he is a bad fit for most "proper" Masters.

Camelot/Zero

Among those summoned by the Lion King, he is the one who came the closest to assassinate her.

As soon as he laid eyes on the entity who had taken King Arthur's appearance, Gaheris immediately made his choice.
    He would not obey this being. The output of her magical energy was unmistakable to someone as extensively trained in magecraft as him.
    It was a creature of the heavens who just happened to resemble the King. Whether it was an illusion or the actual body, it mattered little.

"I summoned you knights because I require your power. While I can destroy my enemies alone, I cannot perform the Holy Selection. I need knights that will become my hands and feet. However, I understand that this act violates your beliefs. Will you obey me, or will you leave my side? Or, will you band together here to strike me down? I will hear your answers at sundown. I can wait no longer than that."

The Lion King's plan aimed to save humanity, but not humans. Gaheris did not fail to note that distinction.
    An inhumane king seeking an inhumane salvation that would doom all humans.
    What else could he do but oppose her?

But what about his siblings?

Could he really bring himself to care about the treacherous Mordred and the hateful Agravain?
    Nevertheless, a mere glance was enough to discern their intentions.

Gawain's determined glare - as if he had come to a realization - was stony and unflinching. That conviction weakened just a little as the Knight of the Sun cast an uncertain glance in his direction, but Gaheris was already walking out of the throne room.

On his way out, he strode past the cheerful Gareth, her demeanor suggesting her naive belief that no one would defy the Lion King.
    When she joyfully called out his name, he purposefully ignored her.

When Percival politely greeted him, Gaheris apologized for not having saved his brother Lamorak.
    Percival froze and, after expressing his gratitude for being blessed with a true friend like him, began to softly weep as he left.

Tristan, singing in the courtyard as if the gravity of the situation did not weigh on him, appeared as if blind to the tragedy unfolding before him.
    Witnessing his friend in such a pitiful state, Gaheris' determination was only strengthened.

Sir Lancelot tried to peacefully approach him, but Gaheris drew his blade and glared at him with pure hostility.
    As the Knight of the Lake reluctantly left, Gaheris was left with feelings of both satisfaction and shame.

After twelve hours, the knights gathered before the Lion King.
    However, Gaheris entered the throne room before any of them and confronted her.

"It is regretful that you would return to your origin, Sir Gaheris, and point your blade at the king's throat once more."
    "This sword never truly thirsted for King Arthur's blood. Not then, and not now."
    "... Words do not suit you, Knight of the Shadows. Your intentions are clear, are they not?"

The Lion King readied her Holy Lance.
    The enormous amount of magical energy swirling and converging would surely obliterate him without a trace.

However...
    His right arm was a cursed tool meant to slay the King of Knights.
    The dagger pointed at the back of King Arthur, who was never aware of its existence.
    The envy and anger of Morgan le Fay, although the fruit of a mad woman, never failed to identify the recipient of their hate.

Perhaps because gods are being who foresee fate and destiny, the Lion King's eyes widened and she stumbled as his Noble Phantasm activated.
    Opposite to the blinding light radiating from Rhongomyniad, his right arm emitted blackened magical energy as it readied a fatal blow.
    But...

... truly an irony. Just as Gaheris had slain his own mother, he would meet his end at the hands of his siblings.
    Gawain, in an unparalleled display of swordsmanship, sliced his right arm off.
    Gareth, her blade sunk in her dear brother's chest, slowly repeated odd sounds as if unsure of what she had just done.

And so Gaheris fell first, once more unable to do anything but helplessly watch as his friends and comrades slaughtered each other.

Relationships

King Arthur:
    "It is because the king is human that she is deserving of such loyalty. You disrespect her efforts by pretending the perfection of a goddess."
    "Sir Gaheris... more than any other knight, I could always trust him to aid his fellow comrades in their time of need. To this day, I regret that he was forced to bear the burden of leaving the Round Table of his own volition. I'm sincerely thankful that such loyalty is offered to such a worthless king."

King Arthur (Alter):
    *unsheathe sword*
    "Oh, to point your sword at the king... your surprising audacity never fails to impress me, Knight of the Shadows."

King Arthur (Lancer):
    "That's... no, perhaps not..."
    *worried look, wondering if he's fine*

Gawain:
    "I would hesitate to call anyone aside from the king perfect, but I truly can't point out any flaw he might have. Ah, but those mashed potatoes are..."
    "My Master, this knight will never be able to repay this debt even after a hundred battles. I failed to protect him from a crime he never committed, failed to comfort him and failed to stand at his side until the very end. To embrace my treasured brother once more..."

Gareth:
    "She is so impossibly charming that even the grumpy Agravain failed to admonish her. Of course, I am no exception. I fear that a regular human would just end up getting swallowed by her appeal, Master."
    "BROTHER GAHERIS!"

Tristan:
    "They accused you of not being a proper bowman? Incidentally, I was also mistaken for a rogue by a group of skull-faced Servants. I wonder why we keep having so many things in common..."
    "Ahh, my friend... yes, how sad. Your features are flawless, but a child's countenance would only draw in a special kind of ladies... oh, pay me no mind."

Agravain:
    "I do not hate him, but a reconciliation is truly impossible. When it comes to how the king should be, our disagreement is inevitable. To him, I am nothing but our mother's puppet."
    "Gaheris... you fool. Despite having thrown away your cape, you still could not abandon the king and even lost your life in a meaningless struggle..."

Mordred:
    "I have been unfair to her. After all, just as how Agravain never saw me as anything but Morgan's puppet, I never considered Mordred as anything but Morgan's tool. She mirrors, perhaps, a possibility that I could have embodied had I not witnessed the king's smile and rejected our mother's darkness."
    "Gaheris, uh? Mmph... yeah, this gloomy dude pissed me off a little. When he stared at me, I felt as if my helmet was going to split in two from some strange pressure. And Gareth never stopped blathering about him, even though we were riding together! But... well, although it was never my idea in the first place, blaming him for something he never did was pretty shitty of me and he was sort of cool when he tried to avenge Gareth, so I should at least apologize for that."

Lancelot:
    "One who not only destroyed the king's happiness, but ruined the queen's life, betrayed his country, betrayed his friends, betrayed his beliefs, betrayed his oaths. Utterly incapable to respect the image of the virtuous man others claimed him to be, only a filthy black armor would suit such a liar and scoundrel."
    "... on that day, my resolve was absolute. May King Arthur punish me and my comrades curse me - for love, I was willing to endure all of this. However, that day, I did not strike down a Knight of the Round Table, but a brother devoured by grief after witnessing the murder of his sister at the hands of a selfish barbarian. My life belongs to the king, so I can't offer it, yet apologies achieve little. Is my punishment being unable to seek a solution to this conflict?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Well, that was quite a sheet, and I must say, I liked how you formatted the relationships section.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    @Gaheris
    Oho, I see you've put quite a lot of thought and effort into shaping the powers and personality of a one - dimensional supporting character from the original tales. Despite the odd decision on Nasu's behalf to fuse Morgause and Morgan le Fay together, you still went through with having Gaheris kill his mother - bold choice.

Overall well done.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Was thinking of doing 3 different versions of Yolande of Aragon after I wrap up Archer and Saber Kriemhild but I probably never will.

So, I'm bringing forth my idea for anyone who wants to take a crack in that she's a female to male gender-swapped Rider, an older Joan of Arc lookalike Saber, and herself as Caster.
    Last edited by Historia; November 10th, 2018 at 04:45 AM.

Blog Entries
    “Nothing in this world is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.”

Class: Berserker
    Identity: Marie Skłodowska Curie
    Origin: Historical Records
    Region: Poland
    Alignment: Neutral Radioactive
    Attribute: Star

Marie Sklodowska Curie
    MARIE SKŁODOWSKA CURIE
    The life of Marie Curie contains prodigies in such number that one would like to tell her story like a legend.

She was a woman; she belonged to an oppressed nation; she was poor; she was beautiful. A powerful vocation summoned her from her motherland, Poland, to study in Paris, where she lived through years of poverty and solitude. There she met a man whose genius was akin to hers; She married him; their happiness was unique. By the most desperate and arid effort they discovered a magic element, radium.

This discovery not only gave birth to a new science and a new philosophy: it provided mankind with the means of treating dreadful diseases, the ways to generate power more efficiently than ever before, and the knowledge to build weapons of mass destruction.

At the moment when the fame of the two scientists and benefactors was spreading through the world, grief overtook Marie: her husband, her wonderful companion, was taken from her by death in an instant. But in spite of distress and physical illness, she continued alone the work that had been begun with him and brilliantly developed the science they had created together.

The rest of her life resolves itself into a kind of perpetual giving. To the war wounded she gave her devotion and her health. Later on she gave her advice, her wisdom and all the hours of her time to her pupils, to future scientists who came to her from all parts of the world.

When her mission was accomplished she died exhausted, having refused wealth and endured her honors with indifference.

Parameters
    PARAMETERS
    STR: A+
    END: B+
    AGL: C
    MGI: A
    LCK: C
    NP: A

Class Skills
    CLASS SKILLS
    Mad Enhancement: EX
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve Curie
    By deliberate intention she had suppressed diversions from her schedule, as well as friendly meetings and contact with human beings. In the same way she decided that material life had no importance; that it did not exist. And, fortified by this principle, she made for herself a Spartan existence, strange and inhuman.
    The Class Skill that characterizes a Berserker, raising basic parameters and strengthens one's physical abilities in exchange of hindering mental capacities and/or in exchange for their sense of reason. However, in this case, it seems that Marie still retains much of her reason. In fact, her reasoning seems to be augmented by her Mad Enhancement itself. This is because the nature of her madness itself; in which she becomes “an existence consecrated entirely to scientific endeavor”. It is a fact that her mentality is far from what people would call sane, but whether this is the effect of Mad Enhancement or just the way she behave is hard to tell.

Personal Skills
    PERSONAL SKILLS
    Martyr of Science: A+
    What in Marie Curie was even more rare than her work or her life: the immovable structure of a character; the stubborn effort of an intelligence; the free immolation of a being that could give all and take nothing, could even receive nothing; and above all the quality of a soul in which neither fame nor adversity could change the exceptional purity.
    A subversion of the Skill "Soul of a Martyr" combined with “Natural Born Genius”; a mental protection granted to selfless saintly figure who endures great hardship through sheer strength of faith in humanity and the “spirit of invention”. In essence, this Skill is granted to those pioneers who had devoted their life to philanthropic service for all humanity through science; those who placed their faith to Humanity itself. In particular, it denotes Marie as a person rightfully deserving the honor of two Nobel Prizes, for having conferred “the greatest benefits on mankind”. This Skill can be seen as a “driving force” behind every action which Marie takes, which will eventually lead her to, in one way or another, “giving a part of herself for humanity”.

Above all, it was her purity that truly defines her scientific service; the purity of a martyr who sacrificed all her genius, effort, wealth and health for the sake of humanity; the purity which couldn’t be corrupted by immense fame nor opportunity of wealth. These are what had driven her to pursue her research through many adversities with unfading zeal; what inspired her to throw herself into the frontline of World War I, saving the war wounded from death—although bringing her closer to it. In the end, this force made her into a “being of perpetual giving”; much like a radioactive atom eternally radiating away.

However, this ‘purity’ in itself can also be seen as madness; in fact, as a Berserker this ‘purity’ influences the nature of the Mad Enhancement itself.

Pioneer of the Stars: EX
    There was not a corner of the world where her name was not known. In an old provincial capital of China, in the temple of Confucius at Taiyuan-fu, there was a portrait of Mme Curie, placed there among the "benefactors of humanity" by the wise men of the country, along with Descartes, Newton, the Buddhas and the great emperors of China. . . .
    A Unique Skill given to heroes that became turning points in human history. All difficult voyages and challenges which are considered "impossible" turn into "events that can be realized". Marie’s famed research of radioactivity concluded that radiation comes from the atom itself. This conclusion led to the demise of the ancient assumption that atoms were indivisible, and thus gave birth to nuclear science; a science which profoundly change every aspects of humanity.

Transmutation: C+
    She held up individual citizens mercilessly. At her request such generous women as the Marquise de Ganay and the Princess Murat gave or lent her their limousines, which she immediately transformed into radiological stations. "I shall give you back your motor car after the war," she would promise with slightly mocking assurance. "Truthfully, if it's not useless by then, I shall give it back to you!"
    A Skill which grants the user the ability to transform the nature of physical objects; it encompasses both the alteration of an object’s form and purpose to the actual transmutation of elements, although it mostly refers to the latter. It is one of the many effects that can be bestowed by what the alchemists refer as the Philosopher’s Stone. However, in this case, it is achieved purely through Marie’s ingenuity and Radioactivity.

At this rank, Marie can quite literally transmute lead into (severely irradiated) gold, or turning flesh into cancerous tissue. However, her methods are limited to using radiation; she cannot combine lighter elements into heavier elements (fusion), for example. She particularly excels in re purposing seemingly useless objects into something useful, such as transforming a potato shed into a laboratory, hence the plus modifier.

“I’m not the most suitable person for this. Ask one of my students if you want someone better. I don’t recommend my daughter and her husband, though; unless… you want to become my next test subject?”

Noble Phantasm
    NOBLE PHANTASM
    Radioactivity
    Curse of the Atom
    Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    She had always scorned the precautions which she so severely imposed on her pupils: to manipulate tubes of radioactive bodies with pincers, never to touch unguarded tubes, to use leaden "bucklers" to ward off the harmful radiations. She barely consented to submit to the blood tests which were the rule at the Institute of Radium. Her blood content was abnormal. What of it? . . . For thirty-five years Mme Curie had handled radium and breathed the emanation of radium. During the four years of the war she had been exposed to the even more dangerous radiation of the Rontgen apparatus. A slight deterioration in the blood, annoying and painful burns on the hands, which sometimes dried up and sometimes suppurated, were not, after all, such very severe punishments for the number of risks she had run!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri Mendeleev
    “Tell me, please, how much radium salt is there in the entire earth? A few grams! On this shaky foundation they want to overturn our understanding of the nature of matter!”
    Radioactivity, the phenomenon which Marie had put much of her life’s work into exploring, through great sacrifice of her own well-being. In this new abyss of science which Henri Becquerel accidentally discovered and only peered into the very first layer, Marie and her husband Pierre managed to delve yet deeper, and discovered powerful artifacts—radioactive elements—which they named Radium and Polonium. This discovery concluded to a much grander discovery which would forever overturn humanity’s understanding of the nature of matter—nuclear science.

This Noble Phantasm manifested in the form of these powerful artifacts she unearthed from humanity’s first journey to the abyss of nuclear science, the boundary between physics and chemistry; between reality and theories—radioactive materials. These radioactive materials which Marie dedicated her life researching, the substance which she was the first to develop the methods of isolating, the materials which she had figured could be humanity’s early weapons against cancer; the one which could cause cancer itself, and the matter which eventually caused her death—and thousands of others in the future. In other words, it is a curse.

In addition to a body made out of magical energies, the body of Servant Marie Curie is also formed of Phantasmal Radioactive Elements. These radioactive elements are constantly oozing high-energy radiation to her surroundings, ionizing everything it touches, even other Servants, although it usually occurs much slowly .However, this means that Marie is slowly radiating away, until she exhausts her Phantasmal Radioactive Elements and disappears—much like a Servant without a Master having exhausted all their magical energy.

To prevent this, Marie can spend extra magical energy to prevent the radiation from leaking from her body. This increases her magical energy consumption, but allows her to recover lost radioactive substance just like a Servant can recover their magical energy. Even so, Marie is still as radioactive as a radium ore.

As she accumulates radiation inside her body, combined with Berserker’s Mad Enhancement, Marie also receives massive boost to her STR and END, allowing her to fight while armored and not radiating away. However, she cannot keep accumulating radiation into her body as it would eventually destroy her; and she must release the radiation constantly, while keeping balance of the amount of radioactive produced, accumulated and released. When accumulated enough, she can release a burst of radiation which can disintegrate matters with a ray of radioactive light.

Description and Personality
    DESCRIPTION AND PERSONALITY
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie Curie
    “I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale. We should not allow it to be believed that all scientific progress can be reduced to mechanisms, machines, gearings, even though such machinery also has its own beauty. Neither do I believe that the spirit of adventure runs any risk of disappearing in our world. If I see anything vital around me, it is precisely that spirit of adventure”
    A pale woman dressed in black dress and crowned with ashen short hair, with a black round hat. Years of exposure to ionizing radiation from her works has heavily altered Marie Curie's appearance. Radioactive substance infiltrating her blood and being absorbed by her bone made her skin look sickly pale. Her once beautiful grey eye becomes darker and filled with gloom, making her gaze somewhat terrifying. Her once fair blond hair turns into shadowy ashen color.

Aside from her appearance, as Berserker Marie does not really change in the way she behaves or interacts with people. The aversion and avoidance of unnecessary social encounter and the tendency to bury herself in a mountain of exhausting activities; particularly experiment and exploration, it’s all the same as when she was alive. However, the fundamental driving force for this as a Berserker is that she is now a being who is “entirely consecrated to scientific endeavor” and it becomes apparent that she seemed to be pushing herself much harder than what she did in life. She seems to have abandoned all the lingering sentimentality which she felt had tormenting her in life—or so she tells herself.

In reality, Marie Curie’s entire life can be described as someone who had “entirely consecrated herself for scientific endeavor”. Despite her poor health and tormented mind, Marie managed to hold true to her principles. As such, her Mad Enhancement only serves as another challenge—another mental breakdown to overcome; after all, for Shining Star of Humanity such as her, nothing is impossible.

Bond Craft Essence
    BOND CRAFT ESSENCE
    Radiant Wedding Gifts

“I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to be kind enough to give me one, please let it be dark and practical, so that I can put it on afterwards to go to the laboratory.”

Her wedding would be, in every detail of the great day, different from all other weddings.

There would be no white dress, no gold ring, no wedding breakfast. There would be no religious ceremony. There were no lawyers necessary, as the marriage pair possessed nothing in the world—nothing but two glittering bicycles, bought the day before with money sent as a present from a cousin, with which they were going to roam the countryside in the coming summer.

Notes
    NOTES
    As if this sheet doesn’t have enough Made in Abyss references, I would like to point out that the symptoms of the Curse of the Abyss is really similar to the symptoms of Radiation Poisoning.

I might want to add Relationship and expand the personality later. Or possibly just write up a fanfic, idk. Or you can just learn more about her and her extraordinary life by reading the biography by her daughter. https://archive.org/details/madamecurie035051mbp
    Last edited by 34; November 10th, 2018 at 07:51 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    Koga, perhaps you should stop asking how some Servants would react to your creations and focus more about working on your grammar and spelling, not to mention more accurate details about the mythology you're using in each of your sheets.
    Sorry ever when im curious i have no inhibitions or hesitations to ask,and About the spelling and Grammar would it be helpfull for me when you or others would Point me where in my Sheets the Errors of Grammar are spelling are lie .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    About the spelling and Grammar would it be helpfull for me when you or others would Point me where in my Sheets the Errors of Grammar are spelling are lie .
    Fix it on your own. I think that's what people want. NMR-3 has attempted to help you by fixing your entire sheets in the past; if nothing, do him a favor and fix it on you own. Looking at your Fenrir sheet, I think you're doing good now; but your general posts in this thread does come off as a bit spammy at times.

that said;
    Spoiler:
    Any thought on Mary Suerie?

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    The objective me:
    I like that her NP is very fitting for a Berserker, which is very important for a Berserker to feel like one.
    I like the justification behind The Martyr of Science, especially how you wield it with radioactivity. I mean, I like this line: "In the end, this force made her into a “being of perpetual giving”; much like a radioactive atom eternally radiating away." However, the Skill as a driving force behind her actions feel overlap with ME, as ME dictates one's minds too.

The science student me:
    I honestly not the biggest fan of scientist being mad or mad scientist, most fictions tend to portrays scientist being crazy and didn't care for whatever in pursue of science, it makes them sounds like 'not people.' That kind of portrayal is so often it makes me think that is how low writer or artist thinks about people pursue science in general.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    However, the Skill as a driving force behind her actions feel overlap with ME, as ME dictates one's minds too.
    Yes. That is the point; this Skill overlaps with ME; hence influencing the nature of the madness itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    The science student me:
    I honestly not the biggest fan of scientist being mad or mad scientist, most fictions tend to portrays scientist being crazy and didn't care for whatever in pursue of science, it makes them sounds like 'not people.' That kind of portrayal is so often it makes me think that is how low writer or artist thinks about people pursue science in general.
    I agree with that sentiment. But the same can be applied to heroes in general; in that they are they are individuals who are removed from the common people. But I digress; Marie Curie really was like this in life; just read her daughter's biography of her (this biography honestly should've won her a Noble Prize in Literature, it's so good; I'm not even joking).

That said, thanks for your review.
    Last edited by 34; November 10th, 2018 at 10:26 AM. Reason: life

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 34 View Post
    Yes. That is the point; this Skill overlaps with ME; hence influencing the nature of the madness itself.
    I see, I kinda not take attention the last phrase.

Spartacus's Status Screen Updated!:

Reading Comprehension F

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 34 View Post
    Fix it on your own. I think that's what people want. NMR-3 has attempted to help you by fixing your entire sheets in the past; if nothing, do him a favor and fix it on you own. Looking at your Fenrir sheet, I think you're doing good now; but your general posts in this thread does come off as a bit spammy at times.

that said;
    Spoiler:
    Any thought on Mary Suerie?
    i know but it would be niece if the People here would here and there tell me my issues in Grammar etc instead to say me Grammar is bad i try as best as possible but sometimes i have a litle language barrier .

[collapse=spoiler]Your Mary curie is quite good but even for a Berserker are her state Abit high especially her strenght stat cant be onpaar with Herakles Berserker,and can you explain me what are the certain benefitts of Martyr of science i dnt get it? and i think that she would also be quite Qualifying as Caster when i think on Thomas and Nickola if when what would you think her capabilties as Casters and what are the direct Combat relative effects of her noblephantasm ?and what are her oppinions on Babbage ,Tesla and Edison as Scientist aswell as personality ?

Also does i think like Spartacus that the mad scientist is slowly became a sort of steroetype would be Refreshing to see a sane scientist that is grounded and modest his discoveries concious but say "thats ? it Nothing worth to Talking About !"similar like this [collapse]
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; November 10th, 2018 at 03:01 PM.