Page 69 of 782 FirstFirst ... 19596467686970717479119169569 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    He pulls airsurfing tricks on a nuke.

Whaaaa-
    I will shamelessly admit I just wanted to shoehorn in that one scene from Dr. Stranglove!

Blog Entries
    Anyone tried doing a Rider-Elijah? Chariot of Fire (going to look up the original Hebrew for this) and all...
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Rider, huh? Would've pegged him as a Caster, myself.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Rider, huh? Would've pegged him as a Caster, myself.
    Well, that's true, but considering that the Chariot of Fire (need to take the time to look up the Hebrew) is one of the more famous details...I think Rider might be a better fit.
    Unless it can be a Rider-like NP and have him as a Caster anyway. *shrugs*

[Edit]
    רֶֽכֶב־אֵשׁ֙ (Rekeb Esh) - Chariot of Fire
    Last edited by Lycodrake; March 1st, 2012 at 09:47 AM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Ayakashi of Boundaries Yakumo-san's Avatar
    The main thing is, according to the Bible, he's not dead. :s
    But then, the same principle applies with Herakles and Jesus.

But hey, not even Saber is dead, and she can still participate in the war, although yes, she is a special case due to the contract thing.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He summons bears to maul kids.

That's way more fucking badass than a lame chariot.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    He summons bears to maul kids.

That's way more fucking badass than a lame chariot.
    That's Elisha, Five, Elijah's student, that does that. ^^;
    And said kids were telling him to "go on up, you old baldy" (aka die already).
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Yes. They were like, "Yo dude, yer old get outta our neighbourhood, brah."

And Elisha was like, "The fuck you say? GET OFF GOD'S LAWN!"

And then bears came and killed them. Completely disproportionate. It's so hilariously ridiculous that it's awesome.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Blog Entries
    Yes. They were like, "Yo dude, yer old get outta our neighbourhood, brah."

And Elisha was like, "The fuck you say? GET OFF GOD'S LAWN!"

And then bears came and killed them. Completely disproportionate. It's so hilariously ridiculous that it's awesome.
    Fair enough, Five. Just wanting to point those things out.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Admit it, Lyco.

Goddamn bear summons are better than a fire chariot. Elisha kicked ass.

Blog Entries
    Admit it, Lyco.

Goddamn bear summons are better than a fire chariot. Elisha kicked ass.
    I wasn't saying anything against it, though. ^^;;;
    F/GO SUPPORT

Relevant:
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

How about the Wanderer, from "Wander and the Colossus/Shadow of the Colossus"? He could qualify for a Saber (that sword of the sun or whatever it was called), an Archer (you had to be pretty good with the bow to beat some of the Collosi), a Rider (Argo isn't exactly broken as far as horses go but he was still a damn good horse and he survived falling down that chasm), a Lancer (one of the special extra weapons was some kind of javelin/spear IIRC), an Assassin, and even his final form as a Berserker!

Blog Entries
    Wander lacks the necessary stats for saber, doesn't use a spear, and his final form was less wander and more dormin. He doesnt have presence concealment either. I suppose he might make it as an archer or rider but his capabilities in both areas aren't great by servant standards.

If he has anything going for him, it's that godlike persistence and dedication to his dead girlfriend. But i dont see how you'd manage to fit either of those into a single class.

Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    Wander lacks the necessary stats for saber, doesn't use a spear, and his final form was less wander and more dormin. He doesnt have presence concealment either. I suppose he might make it as an archer or rider but his capabilities in both areas aren't great by servant standards.

If he has anything going for him, it's that godlike persistence and dedication to his dead girlfriend. But i dont see how you'd manage to fit either of those into a single class.
    You're taking the stat requirements too literally (though I agree he is probably too weak to be a proper Saber, but, hey, if Nero can qualify), especially given the exceptions we see in Extra and Apocrypha.

Assassin - Loli-Jack may have stealth, but she was never an assassin so much as she was a serial killer. Li Shuwen was a martial artists who had stealth, but wasn't really an assassin so much as he just killed whomever he thought deserved to die. And Seimiramis just poisoned her husband to death. Wander would sneak up on the Colossi and ambush them. The only requirement for Assassin is the capability to act covertly (that and being a Hassan, but if we limited ourselves like that this thread would be meaningless). Wander can act covertly, hence he qualifies as an Assassin. Presence Concealment is just a class-skill, even if it's only Rank D, you qualify (just look at Koujirou, though he is an obvious anomaly).

Lancer - He does have a spear. The Harpoon of Thunder is a special weapon you get in Time Attack Mode.

Saber - He has not one, but two magical swords. He'd probably be the weakest Saber ever, but I think he can just barely eke by and again, that is assuming we just limit ourselves by (do they meet the stat requirements).

Rider - As far as being a Rider, you just need a famous steed, but if we limited it to just those whose steeds were famous, making Servant profiles for fictional characters from various anime/comics/games would be pointless (and that has been done plenty in this thread). Again, he'd be a weak Rider, but he should qualify as having B-Rank riding skills.

Berserker - This is a genuinely valid point, but I could argue if he was more Dormin than Wander at that point, then the guys who came to seal him up would have been curbstomped as the Dormin is/are a god(s).

Archer - Not only did he have to have impeccable aim, but he also has magical arrows (shrieker arrows, exploding arrows; all stuff you get in Time Attack Mode).

As long as you aren't hung up on stats, he qualifies for a lot of different classes.

Having re-acquainted myself with Shadow of the Colossus via it's Wiki; I have got to say Wander is even more impressive than I remembered!

The Flash Arrows (the exploding arrows) have a yield compared to two-to-three M67 grenades! That means jack to a strong Servant (it's a Rank C - attack at best) but that'll kill most Masters easily.

He has the Whistling Arrows which distract the Colossi even if they are already aware of you (so just Servant-BS it into having a magical compulsion affect that makes Servants look towards where the sound is coming from on reflex).

He has the Cloak of Deception which makes you invisible (there goes your Presence Concealment)! He also has the Cloth of Desperation which acts like a hang-glider/parachute.

He has a whopping five magical items that boost his stats (three that boost his STR and two that boost his END)! That isn't including the stamina/health increasing fruit, which, as a Servant, could be used as a substitute for his Master's prana (I'll ignore the lizards as that would be too silly)!

He has the Harpoon of Thunder, which magically returns to your hand after it has hit and strikes with much greater force than arrows. Slight Servant power-up (cuz' Wander would definitely be stronger as Servant) and now it hits with enough force to let out a sound like a crack of thunder!

He has not one, not two, but three seperate magical swords (the regular sword, the Sword of the Sun, and the Queen's Sword)!

The regular sword (it's nameless, but it was an important tool for sealing away the Dormin, so it's definitely powerful enough to be a Noble Phantasm despite the lack of fame) shows you where you need to go when you hold it up to the light of the sun. To keep it from being too broken, instead of pointing Wander towards enemy Masters, it just points him in the direction of the nearest enemy Servant; that could still be used to approximate the enemy Masters' locations as their Servants will likely be near them during the day.

The regular sword also allows Wander to percieve the enemy Collosi's weakpoints when he gets close and, when said weak points are struck, the black blood that represents the sealed power of the Dormin leaks out. Just make it so the sword allows Wander to percieve any existing injuries or vulnerable spots on enemy Servants (if he used it on Siegfired, it would point towards his back; against Achilles, his heel, etc.), and when he injures them with it, it causes them to bleed out prana!

The Sword of the Sun is basically the same, except it can generate the guiding beam of light even in darkness, so just power it up a little and, voila, when used during the day, it emits blinding beams of light that aim unerringly at the enemy Servants' eyes! Perfect blinding tool!

The Queen's Sword is the most powerful weapon in the game and can one-shot any of the Colossi when swung at full strength! Let it be his most powerful Noble Phantasm (and it's only Rank B). It's effect is that when he swings it with all of his strength (so he can't use it if one of his arms is injured, just like Saber with Excalibur's blast), if it stabs the enemy Servant, doesn't matter where, all of their prana is bled out near instantly from the wound! The only way to save the enemy Servant is if the Master uses a Command Spell to seal the wound (it won't help if the Servant has healing powers because the prana flows out of the wound faster than they can channel it to that spot to heal), and even then the Servant will have almost no prana left so the Master will have to re-charge them immediately or risk them fading away (or being killed while weakened)!

Finally, we have Argo. His biggest feat (besides surviving the fall) is throwing Wander from his back so Wander wouldn't fall with him. So his ability is to save Wander from one fatal attack by sacrificing itself! Doesn't matter if the attack is aimed specifically at Wander or has special tracking properties, as part of it's special ability, while on Argo, Wander and Argo are treated as one unit, so a fatal attack aimed at Wander can be taken by Argo instead. When they are about to be killed, Argo essentially warps Wander off of him and is instead struck by the attack. It obviously can only be used once per Grail War, so it's hardly broken, especially since Wander is essentially just being teleport-flung from his mount and he'd never willingly sacrifice Argo (a clever Master could force him to with a Command Spell, and while the surprised enemy Servant strikes down a now rider-less Argo, Wander appears behind them and kills the Master or stabs the Servant with the Queen's Sword).

Suddenly, Wander's looking less like a weakling unfit to be a Servant, and more like the GODD@MN Batman of the Saber class!

Blog Entries
    Because lolAeneid. And because I like using the Berserker class as its meant to be used - buffing kinda crappy Servants (only kinda, admittedly)

Class: Berserker
    True Name: Dido
    Alignment: Chaotic Insane

Description: A charred, screaming corpse, wreathed in coal-black flame. As the skin burns, blackens, flakes away, more grows in to replace it. Then that too is exposed to the all-devouring fire which surrounds her. Yet she still moves. She still charges with every ounce of fury in her body, anger filling her as it did on the day of the final treachery. And she screams her rage to the heavens. Though Carthage and Rome should have been sisters, Aeneas spat on that dream. And all Berserker's crazed mind sees before her are his sons.

Parameters

Strength: C (B)
    Agility: C (B)
    Endurance: C+ (B+)
    Prana: B (A)
    Noble Phantasm: A (A+)
    Luck: D (C)

Noble Phantasm

The Pyre's Vengeful Flames
    Ater Ignis
    : The inferno of Dido's final fury surrounds her still. Its power is three-fold. Firstly, to shield Dido, burning away assaults on her, physical and magical. Secondly, to curse those that penetrate their barrier by some means: unless a powerful working of magecraft dissolves the spell, Dido will always be able to track the opponent, regardless of Presence Severance, a retreat into spiritual form, or any other method of escape. Thirdly, it destroys her enemies. When wreathed in fire, her strikes are deadly; otherwise she may command the blaze to spread and annihilate whatever is in her path. Though the coward Aeneas sailed on ahead, this was the attack which destroyed all the rest of his fleet. (A, Anti-Unit - Anti-Army)

Class Skills

Mad Enhancement – B: The madness which infects a Heroic Spirit of the Berserker class. At such a rank, all parameters are increased by one, but madness takes over the Spirit almost completely.

Personal Skills

Clairvoyance - B: Able to see over great distances and to pick out tiny details. At this level, even solid objects need not be a hindrance to the Heroic Spirit's sight. By this power Aeneas' secret departure was uncovered.

Regeneration – C+: The formidable power of the Phoenician mage-lords, passed down in their very blood. For this reason, even the funeral pyre created by her own magic could not kill her and thus her patron, the Divine Spirit Juno, had to dispatch a messenger to end Dido's tortured existence. Having been able to do so in her own lifetime, Dido's regeneration as a Heroic Spirit is vastly swifter than other Servants and less wearying for her Master. She has additionally developed a particular affinity against wounds created by fire which will heal almost as they are created. Nevertheless, fatal blows cannot be regenerated from.

Charisma - B: Suitable for a leader of a country. However, because Dido has been summoned as a Berserker, this ability is sealed thanks to her destroyed mind and burnt body.

High Speed Divine Words – C: Although a powerful magus, Dido's magecraft generally went unpractised thanks to the demands of ruler-ship. As such, her skill is less than the great witches of her time. Fully insane, she may not call upon this skill.

Designer Notes

1) So we've had a gigantic, roaring demi-god with invulnerable skin and a groaning knight covered in black armour from head to toe. What next? A screaming corpse that is on fire, obviously.

2) 'Ater Ignis' = black flame, from Aeneid 3.384. The fires with which Dido says she will pursue Aeneas for his perfidy until they both die. Then, of course, her shade will go after him. Dido was not happy.

3) Yeah, Dido does actually survive being on a lit pyre and having stabbed herself through the chest with Aeneas' sword for a damn long while. The text is actually slightly ambiguous as to whether she's dead before Iris gets to her, but I've gone for the more useful interpretation to me– she's still alive and basically gets mercy-killed. Decided I'd invent a Regeneration skill instead of using Battle Continuation, though, since it fitted what I wanted to do with a Berserker a little more (i.e. the howling madness is as much from the sheer pain as from Mad Enhancement).

4) So, I said I wanted to do a sort of 'by-the-book' Berserker – would be crappy without ME, and may kill the Master from prana drain now that it's active. And I certain made sure of the prana drain part! Constantly fuelling regeneration (no matter how much the prana cost is reduced by her skill), a permanently active NP, plus Mad Enhancement? Better be Ilya, Dark Sakura, or hurry up and win that war quickly …

5) Alternative versions could be Caster (as you can see from all the magecraft references), and there's just about enough to support an Archer. But I'd probably end up using something based around pyre-flames for each class, because killing your enemies with the very flames that you died in is pretty sweet as far as battle skills go. (Or maybe a little of the dust from her pyre for Caster. Should be able to summon the Cathaginians of the three Punic wars. And it kind of goes well with Kiritsugu's Origin Bullets. Hm …)

Commenting, as ever, is appreciated.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Nice job here, Seika. Been a little while since I last read about her. ^^
    F/GO SUPPORT

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Ok, at first I was like, "Nonono Seika, you used to post such good... well, posts before...", but then... the thought of a screaming banshee on fire coming at you might be a sight worth of Berserker!Heracles pwning everyone... and such a display of awesome wtf-ness is always welcomed in a HGW.

So, in other words, I kind of liked this idea.

Blog Entries
    Very cool, Seika. Makes me want to touch up and bring my Berserker!Roland up to date and post it.