Page 126 of 782 FirstFirst ... 2676116121124125126127128131136176226626 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just for the record:

The only A++ Stat in all of the mainstream Fate series is Saber Alter's PRA. Which is unlimited.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Of course, that's a little iffy: while her prana is unlimited, there's probably a certain amount that she "caps out" at. Like a gas tank that can hold up to and no more than 100 litres, but is being constantly refilled.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Of course, that's a little iffy: while her prana is unlimited, there's probably a certain amount that she "caps out" at. Like a gas tank that can hold up to and no more than 100 litres, but is being constantly refilled.
    Still, I'd assume that "A++" means "this is where the Servant container maxes out. No further." and you should never, ever use it for stats unless you have a really good reason.

But...why?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Still, I'd assume that "A++" means "this is where the Servant container maxes out. No further." and you should never, ever use it for stats unless you have a really good reason.
    Hey, Lancelot technically maxes out at A++ in Agility. :P
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Blog Entries
    I doubt that he goes above A+ even with the statboost tbh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ratstsrub View Post
    But...why?
    Because even Mad Enhanced Herc doesn't reach A++ Strength?

It's just Saber Atler's Prana.

Blog Entries
    I doubt that he goes above A+ even with the statboost tbh
    "Rank-Up to all parameters" means exactly that. Can't argue with the truth, brother.

Blog Entries
    So he outAGIs Kojirou?

okay

Blog Entries
    So he outAGIs Kojirou?

okay
    Mad Enhanced, Fairy-Sword-Wielding Uber Knight > Dedicated Japanese Farmer in terms of stats.

Yeah...put a a limit on the bonus...

I want to know exactly why my servants are or much weak or much hax...

There is a Archer:
    ------------------------------

True Identity: Lampião ('Captain" Virgulino Ferreira da Silva)(note: a brazilian guy)
    * Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    * Noble Phantasm: D/B
    * Strength: C
    * Endurance: C
    * Agility: C
    * Mana: E
    * Luck: E

---

Class Skills:

Independent Action:
    C - Capable of remaining in this world for one day without an established contract.

Magic Resistence:
    E - Cannot cancel spells, but magic damage is reduced somewhat.

Personal Skills:

Charisma:
    C - Can command a average amount of fighters

Mental Pollution
    C - Provides a probability that mental interference magecraft will be rendered ineffective. In the condition that the Servant's master is of Evil alignment, and perpetrates acts of cruelty against the Servant, Mental Pollution will increase in rank, further increasing defenses against magecraft. However, as the Servant's psyche is inherently broken, this may result in irreversible deterioration

---

Noble Phantasms:

Lampião - The Shining Rifle : D-
    Anti-Unit
    Range: 50
    Targets:1

A rifle modified to shot more fast. The barrel heats up so much that gets to shine as a oil lamp. As a noble phantasm, this power is basicaly shoot unlimited bullets as a machine gun. It's not much powerful.

Cangaço - The Pay Back : B
    ?
    Range: 100
    Tangets:?

Is a bounded field who will materializar as Wraith all the grudges, anger, dispair and injustice of the area. The amount of Wraith float with the area. Them have all stats like E/E/E/E/E

---
    I know i can put fucking fire balls that explode to Lampião, but will look out of place...
    In another side, the Saber swords looks natural to me... Even the stats are ridiculous
    Someone have a hint to balance it?(I mean, balance the fact that my servants are or much weak or much hax)
    Last edited by Zephyr; July 13th, 2012 at 12:31 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't say that's where the Servant container maxes out. That's just where Altria maxes out (like a personal best). You get A++ quantity of mana squirting out of Altria if she's all topped up and empty out at once.

Some other Servants with more Circuits and an unlimited backup like Dark Sakura can probably beat that.

Blog Entries
    Someday, we will get Dark Heracles stats, and we will proceed to evacuate rectangular building materials from our bowels.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Here's the fourth of this guy, you might know him.

Achilles of the Achaeans
    Berserker

Personal Information

Class: Berserker
    Heroic Spirit: Achilles
    Alignment: Chaotic Mad
    Height: 180 cm
    Weight: 72 kg

Parameters:

STR: B (A) ^1
    AGI: A (A+) ^1
    END: B (A) ^1
    MGI: B (A) ^1
    LCK: C (B) ^1
    NP: A+

Class Skills:

Mad Enhancement: B
    All parameters are treated as Rank-Up at the cost of most sanity.

Magic Resistance: C
    Cancel all spells with a chant below two verses. It cannot defend against magecraft on the level of high-magecraft or greater rituals.

Personal Skills:

Divinity: B
    The measure of one’s Divine Spirit aptitude. Achilles’ mother was the nymph Thetis, but he was also the son of Peleus, a descendant of Zeus and a variety of other Divine Spirits along the way. Though mixed, Achilles has a good measure of divine blood in his veins. It grants him special defensive protection against other Heroic Spirits of any god’s lineage with Divinity C or lower.

Eternal Arms Mastery: A+
    Prevents the degradation of fighting skills when under the influence of some kind of mental hindrance. At this high a rank it is possible by complete merging of mind, body and technique to make full use of fighting skills in spite of any kind of mental hindrance. Achilles, who reached this level of combat expertise, can only be said to be the greatest warrior of arms in his era.

Scream of Terror: A (+)
    Producing a massive howl that temporarily robs all enemies and allies alike of their ability to reason and move. Those who do not clear a mental resistance check of Rank A will find it hard to even breathe. As a bonus effect, this ability does not affect allies at this high a rank. It receives a Rank-Up when Mad Enhancement is active, increasing its duration and range.

Riding: A+
    All creatures and vehicles including those of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast class can be mounted and operated with magnificent skill. This excludes members of the Dragon-kind class. Its rank is high enough to qualify Achilles for the Rider class. This skill is sealed under the influence of Mad Enhancement.

Noble Phantasm:

Pelian Spear of Ash
    Melie
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 2-30
    Maximum Targets: 1 person

A spear that imposes an absolute mortality on those hit.

An ashen spear with a yellow-tinted iron tip given to Achilles by his mortal father Peleus. It is a strong weapon and the most trusted of the Noble Phantasms that Achilles possesses, however, not the greatest. It claimed the life of Hector, greatest warrior of the Trojan army.

The tip, allegedly forged by Hephaestus, carries the concept of “Mortality” and as such any wounds dealt by Melie cannot be healed by any means, ordinary or non-ordinary. It is a curse on the soul that, to put it in RPG terms, “lowers the maximum HP”. The blood emerging from a wound inflicted by Melie will be attracted to the tip of the spear and then harden into a substance resembling rust. If the wounded desires to be released from the curse of Melie they must then acquire this substance and spread it in the wound affected, which also has the extra effect of healing the injury completely. The curse is also lifted if Achilles is defeated or the spear is somehow destroyed.

However, the true power of this weapon lies in its shaft, supposedly carved by the centaur Chiron from an ash tree and then polished by Athena herself. By invoking its name, the Melie will combine the power of its tip with this shaft to be used against the opponent. The blooming effect of the shaft acts in tandem with the deadly rose of mortality and sprouts inside the body of its victim, wherever it hits, leaving the opponent with a full body wound that is impossible to heal. It is highly unlikely to recover from this attack. On the other hand, it has no modifiers that affects its launch, so if it misses, it misses, the Prana wasted. This Noble Phantasm can be invoked at close range and at long range, Achilles having to throw it if the latter is needed.

Thanks to the Eternal Arms Mastery, this Noble Phantasm is possible for Achilles to use under the effects of Mad Enhancement.

The tip of the spear seems to have ended up in Ireland after it was lost.

One Sun and Three Worlds
    Pyros
    Type: Barrier
    Range: -
    Maximum Targets: 1

Armour of invulnerability and flames.

A full set of armour forged by Hephaestus, given to Achilles by his immortal mother Thetis. Every piece included: breastplate, greaves, helmet and shield.

It extends a form of divine protection onto Achilles, making him incredibly difficult to harm, even at the spots not covered by the actual material of the armour pieces. It causes the wearer to ignore all damage below the level of a B-rank Noble Phantasm and increases Magic Resistance. In addition, it provides +100 AC to all spots covered by the actual armour pieces.

The most vital piece of the set is the intricately designed shield which shows a magnificent picture on its exterior. This is the piece which is invokes the true effect of this Noble Phantasm. As the name “Pyros” is invoked, the three outer circular segments start spinning against each other with incredible speeds, igniting a divine blaze that envelops the entire armour, shrouding it in a shimmering and furious sheen that radiates like the sparks of Hephaestus’ forge and defends against all attacks below the rank of A++. Only attacks at the level of a Divine Spirit can pierce it. This impenetrable defence lasts for the remainder of the battle.

However, Apollo (a Divine Spirit) created a weak spot in this protection, and guided the poisoned arrow of Paris of Troy into it, leading to the demise of Achilles. This lone weak spot on the otherwise invulnerable warrior make its place approximately on his ankle, where a tiny crack is visible on the greaves.

As a Berserker, Achilles does not have the intelligence to invoke this Noble Phantasm without the expenditure of a command seal from his Master.

Weapons:

Pelia Xiphos:
    A sword with a “leaf shaped” blade used by Achilles if his opponent gets past his spear. It was another gift from his father, but the blade never played a significant role in the events of the Trojan War, being overshadowed by Achilles’ spear. Actually a Noble Phantasm of around D-rank on its own, but Achilles cannot use it properly. Its true owner, Peleus, might be able to though.

Analysis:

PROS:
    1. Engaging in 1 on 1 combat with Achilles is a death wish even for some of the most venerable Heroic Spirits.
    2. Almost completely unimpeded by Mad Enhancement, making him a Heroic Spirit that benefit from being in the Berserker class.
    3. Harming him is incredibly difficult thanks to his second Noble Phantasm.
    CONS:
    1. As a Berserker, Achilles is of course a very dangerous hazard to his own Master. His will is also strong enough to retain some subconscious agendas, making him harder to control.
    2. He is unable to correctly use Pelia Xiphos.
    3. His second Noble Phantasm is not fully realized without the expenditure of a command seal.

Design notes (OPEN AT OWN PERIL)
    First off... this profile went through a million revisions, especially the Noble Phantasms.

He has the exact same stat total as Herakles, except with AGI as his highest stat instead of STR. I rationalized that Achilles was a warrior that won by outmanoeuvring his opponents, so that AGI was his highest stat seemed reasonable.

Ultimately, I feel that his personal skills cannot be improved any further, at least not by me. The exact rank of his Divinity is a bit ambiguous, because technically Achilles’ lineage does not carry a single drop of human blood (the sole exception might be Endeis). But his father and grandfather were somehow mortal. Yayifications for Greek myth genealogy! So there’s like, a bunch of nymphs tangled into the mess, along with Zeus. As Alexander has C in divinity (they are related, according to Alexander), I felt that was a bit too low, so it became B, I suppose. God this was confusing as shit, kinda my fault for trying to make sense of it though!

Scream of Terror refers to when he scared away the entire Trojan army with a single howl after Patroclus’ death.

Riding is A+ because he had two divine (immortal) horses as mounts.

I think it is hard to dispute Achilles’ Eternal Arms Mastery, I’ve seen it on other Achilles profiles as well, so I think it is something that it is pretty much a given on him.

His first Noble Phantasm is truly a great spear, it kind of has a name in the Iliad as it is referred to pretty exclusively as “μελιά”, meaning Ash, as in Ash Spear, the Romanization of that is either Melie of Melia. It is noted for always killing whoever is hit by it (though it misses a few times), so that’s how I came up with the ability. Also notable is that only Achilles could wield it, both Patroclus and Asteropaios try their hand at it, but find it too heavy. Oh and the rust thing, which happened on the Greeks way to Troy. I also connected it to Gae Buidhe thanks to the Gilgamesh Unified (Noble Phantasm) Theory (GUT). Another pet theory I have is that Hector’s spear is the prototype of Gae Bolg, thus meaning that the Rho Aias vs Gae Bolg scene in UBW is a complete re-enactment of the Hector vs Aias clash. *wankwankwank*

The second Noble Phantasm I am sure I will get some flak for. As you might have noticed by now, there are no mentions of the invulnerability myth or any of its variants. First off, quite a few people seem to be in agreement that the later invulnerability myths are born from the fact that originally, it was Achilles’ armour that made him invincible. Since the original episode in which Achilles dies is lost to history, we’re not quite sure how he died in the Epic Cycle, which is the source from which I wanted to create this profile. Anyways, I consulted a bunch of books on the matter and the theory that a chink had to be found in the armour in order to kill Achilles interested me, so I went with that approach. In addition, that Apollo guided the arrow of Paris seems very prevalent among the older sources (including Proclus summary), so I went with that. “But wait, why the ankle?” Well, apparently that’s where he was originally hit, one scholar speculated that the heel stuff comes from the fact that TALUS, the latin word for ankle, can also mean heel, and things got confused around there. The name comes from when Homer likens Achilles to fire (more than once) after the warrior dons his new armour in Book 19. I contemplated naming it “Thetis”, but then I would have had to name the spear Peleus, to complete the “Parent analogy”, so to say, and I did not want to do that because Melie was such an amazing name.

His sword is probably a Noble Phantasm, but the only thing he does with it is impale people as a last resort and unlike his Spear, it never shows any MAAAGICAL properties, at least in the Iliad. Peleus is the true user of that sword.
    Wow I wrote a lot in this section, sorry about that.

PS: seikaplznokillme (if I got something wrong, which I probably did)
    Last edited by Petrikow; July 13th, 2012 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    Why he seal the power of the lances?
    I know (this is one of the reasons I decided not to use this sheet).
    And you are forgetting something important. everyone with a anti-army or high np will kill him...
    Even Herc with God Hand will overpower him(hax defense is hax)

There are guys who will eat him in the breakfast, and other when the fight will be one-sided...

I knew the sword are very alike... But I can't think in nothing more to then...
    He sealed the lances because using their abilties gives away their identities, and thus his identity. That wouldn't be a problem with the swords if they give him the stat boost even while they are sheathed, or does he have to draw them for the stat boost?

If he has A+++ (or even just higher than A+) in any stat, especially one of the physicals, he's going to utterly destroy everything regardless of Noble Phantasms.
    Yeah, Zephyr, you are underestimating the value of good stats. God Hand makes Her almost invincible but his stats are why he's truly a beast to be feared. With his stats most Servants would be crushed by him if it weren't for the fact that he's a Berserker and fights with almost none of his original skill. You gave Diarmuid even better stats than Herc. He would absolutely mop the floor with most foes before they could even think to use their Noble Phantasms. You'd need an Archer to snipe at him with NPs from ambush to stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    *snip*
    First things first. Zephyr, while I understand English is probably not your first language, many writing programs have Spelling and Grammar Check functions. Please use them as trying to understand what you typed can be difficult sometimes.

Secondly, I actually liked this guy. He can use the wraiths as a distraction while he machine-gun snipes at you with the rifle. A simple, but effective strategy for a more modern Servant!

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    *snip*
    I liked it, and though I would have preferred a different function for the spear, it was nice that you managed to tie it into the Nasuverse's history to justify why it works like Gae Buidhe.

Blog Entries
    I like the Achilles! I think the Gae Bolg-esque attack part of it is a little contrived, honestly, but the non-healing bit is all there in the myths. Also, I've wondered why Achilles' invulnerability gets so much description; I like to keep that simple, and just make him entirely invincible save for at his heel. Keeps him super-powerful. In my profile for him, I think the actual description for that is about two sentences at most. *shrug*

Now, to continue on with the Homeric heroes, I'll post the finally finished Ajax! Hopefully he's pretty decent, and there are some notes below explaining some things.

------------------------

Servant: Telamonian Ajax
    Class: Saber (Can also be Lancer, Berserker and Archer)
    Height: 7'1''
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Era: 12th Century BCE

Appearance: A very tall man, tallest of the Greeks at Troy, with broad shoulders; in fact, he is said to have literally stood head and shoulders above the rest of the men.

His hair is thick, black and shaggy, reaching down just past his shoulders, and though his body is worn from years of fighting, he shows not a single scar. His armour is of solid bronze and in the standard, hoplite style, with little protection for the legs and arms, and only sandals on his feet. Unlike his skin, his armour shows dents and cuts, some that pierce the metal, but none that ever shed blood.

Background: Son of Telamon and hailing from Salamis, Ajax is part of the generation of Greek heroes following the mythical Herakles, Jason and their contemporaries; he is the cousin of Achilles, who is more famous, and trained alongside him under the tutelage of the centaur Chiron. Though he is not the most cunning of the Greek warriors, he has an impeccable defence and knows no fear.

Sometimes considered the greatest fighter at Troy (even the champion Hector considered him his better), Ajax fought both in famed duels and mighty standoffs against massive armies, with the Greek army relying on his strength more than once.

Unlike the others at Troy, Ajax was never once wounded and never truly defeated in combat, and fought with his own skill and power against all odds. He is most famous for his shield, which made him the greatest defender of the Greeks, and it was used to great effect when retrieving the body of Patroclus after the man's fated duel with Hector.

When the siege of Troy had ended and the bodies had all been buried, Ajax and Odysseus competed against each other for the armour of their fallen friend Achilles, with Odysseus winning it in the end due to his superior charisma. Ajax never lived down that moment, being taken over by sorrow; he dreamed of killing his fellow Greeks out of rage, and when he awoke from that dream he killed himself in shame, impaling himself on the sword Hector gave him.

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance – C

• Though he is an ancient hero, Ajax displayed a notable lack of resistance to magical effects directed at him, which included intervention from Zeus to force his retreat.

Riding – B

• Unlike other characters in the Iliad, Ajax is rarely known for driving a chariot, instead fighting on foot.

Personal Skills:

Champion – B

• A skill given to those accomplished either in fighting one-on-one duels, or fighting when outnumbered. Ajax has this skill for the numerous times in which he was stranded without help against the Trojan armies, fighting them off despite being outnumbered. Thus, when he is fighting more than one opponent, his battle capabilities increase, with the bonus becoming larger for each enemy above two that he faces.

Disengage – B

• Related to the above skill, Ajax was also noted for being able to escape even impossible battles against the Trojans without taking any wounds. In battle, even if he is pinned down by numerous enemies or attacks, he can still stand a strong chance of escaping from battle; this rank of the Disengage skill provides the additional benefit of decreasing the enemy's chance to hit as Ajax retreats.

Projectile Specialization – C+

• In the course of the Iliad, it is normal for the heroes involved to throw spears; however, even amongst those characters, Ajax was noted for his ability to throw a spear with renowned power and range, and many times he dealt considerable damage by throwing large, heavy rocks at his foes, and through that method he once nearly killed the famed Hector of Troy. Ajax can throw rocks and spears with heroic proficiency, dealing damage with them as though they were A-rank attacks with increased accuracy and range.

Noble Phantasm(s):

PorphureosAn Enemy's GiftB (A)
    Anti-Unit

Given its name from the Greek word for “purple,” the colour of the royal cloth given to Hector by Ajax after their duel, this sword is the primary weapon of Ajax. He treasures it, seeing it as a badge of honour from his respected enemy, Hector. It gleams silver, with a solid build and good balance, and a keen power to it beyond its fine craftsmanship.

Its main power is the ability to take on any passive ability possessed by another weapon; as soon as Ajax has crossed blades with an opponent, he may read into the non-activated abilities of their weapon, and copy it. The ability is granted to Porphureos, and in exchange the enemy's weapon gains one rank, a representation of the exchange of gifts between Ajax and Hector. Only one gift of this sort can be active at one time.

While not as effective against larger groups of foes (against which Ajax prefers to wield his spear), when utilized in single combat, Porphureos gains one rank for the duration of the battle.

If Ajax touches his sword to the enemy's Noble Phantasm again, he can choose to rescind the gift, with both parties returning to their original strengths, without rank increases or ability gains. However, once this is done, the exchange cannot be made again between Ajax and that opponent.

Ultimately, it is this sword that took the life of Ajax: overwhelmed with shame from his own lack of honour after the imagined killing of his compatriots, he drove it through his own chest.

Rho AiasShield of No Loss A+
    Support

The most famous of the possessions of Telamonian Ajax, this shield is made of seven layers of thick cow hide harvested from well-kept cattle; these layers are in turn covered in a circle of glimmering bronze, finishing the appearance of this mighty bulwark. Even though Ajax himself is a tall, broad man, this shield is huge enough to cover most of his frame, and offers maximum protection when he uses it by calling out its name.

While the shield protects the area of just its bronze surface when wielded, when held out and activated the petals of a hyacinth, blood red, flow out from the edges, ensuring complete protection from the front and part of the sides. There are seven petals in total; if the layers of the shield are broken through, then the petals will fade away just the same.

Rho Aias is conceptually immune to projectiles of all kinds, including thrown spears and arrows. Even the spear of Hector, legendarily said to break past any defence, was stopped by the power of Rho Aius, breaching to the seventh layer and no farther. Against Noble Phantasms that are not projectiles, it will stop nearly any attack except for those of Anti-Fortress levels of power. Because it costs little to activate (though this price increases proportional to damage done to the shield), Ajax is very nearly invincible so long as he fights intelligently.

Stats:

Strength - A
    Agility - B
    Magic - B
    Luck - C
    Endurance – A

-------------------------

Notes, notes

He's got pretty decent stats, and I think he most definitely has the emphasis on his Endurance. Other things aren't as important, since he's not really an out-and-out offensive fighter using blasty NPs and whatnot. I like to think of him as being like Horatius above, but with even more defensive power. Though, Horatius' defence is really variable, and I guess in the right conditions could be even greater than that offered to Ajax through his shield.

The F/SN version I think only has the conceptual defence against thrown weapons; reading through the Iliad, I think that the shield really ought to get the same bonus against all projectiles, given the lengthy descriptions of how the shield was stuck full of tons of arrows each and every time Ajax stood still in the battlefield. I chalked up the differences between Archer's and Ajax's to just be lolprojection. Gae Bolg wouldn't be able to break through the original Rho Aias, and it wouldn't leave Ajax battered and bloody. Poor Archer has to deal with his defensive projections costing way more.

The sword was possibly my favourite part to design; to expand on its functions a bit more, it can copy any ability possessed by the enemy NP that it touches, so long as that ability is non-activated. What that means is, while it could possibly copy the invisible part of Invisible Air, it couldn't copy the wind-hammer effect, and while it could copy Gae Bolg's non-healing curse, it couldn't copy the heart-stabbing mojo stuff.

All told, Ajax is a fun fighter to work with, since half of what he does is with throwing giant rocks to murder the hell out of people; that's where his Archer designation comes from. In his normal state, though, he'd troll most Archers with his near-immunity to projectiles. Based purely on defence, he's meant to be one of the most powerful Servants, barring conceptual things like God Hand.

I also have my Hector and Achilles already made (for MPII) and they're pretty decent, though they could probably do with some improving. Hector especially, the way I designed him, is meant to be RIDICULOUS STATS but not so much in the way of Noble Phantasms.

Woot! Ajax was everything I was hoping for and more! Good job, Five! I especially liked what you did with his sword! He's a great defensive fighter with lots of potential options depending on the opposition and how smart you fight with him. But "pretty decent stats"? He's got great stats as far as I can see. Why would say they are merely "pretty decent"?

I also have a question regarding the sword. He exchanges passive abilities with the enemy's weapon and in exchange the enemy's weapon gets a Rank Up. I got that (and I love the strategy involved), but then you mentioned his weapon also gets a Rank Up? Is that after he's made the exchange or is that an ability that always activates when he fights one-on-one?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Woot! Ajax was everything I was hoping for and more! Good job, Five! I especially liked what you did with his sword! He's a great defensive fighter with lots of potential options depending on the opposition and how smart you fight with him. But "pretty decent stats"? He's got great stats as far as I can see. Why would say they are merely "pretty decent"?

I also have a question regarding the sword. He exchanges passive abilities with the enemy's weapon and in exchange the enemy's weapon gets a Rank Up. I got that (and I love the strategy involved), but then you mentioned his weapon also gets a Rank Up? Is that after he's made the exchange or is that an ability that always activates when he fights one-on-one?
    Without anything above "A" rank, I can't consider his stats to be especially high for a hero of his age and stature; most of the major Iliad heroes would have similar or greater, and since these character profiles more often than not show heroes at their "maximum" in terms of stats, we tend to see a higher average than what's seen in canon due to the issue of poor Masters being moot. "Pretty decent" is merely a tic of mine; I use it a lot even in just that one character profile, since I was semi-blindly typing the notes at beginning and end. :P

As for his sword, the rank-up applies regardless of the exchange, whenever he fights in a duel. If more than one person is involved in a fight, then he gets no bonus. Of course, with his Champion skill, if he's against multiple opponents, he'll still get some combat bonuses since he has multiple foes.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I like the Achilles! I think the Gae Bolg-esque attack part of it is a little contrived, honestly, but the non-healing bit is all there in the myths. Also, I've wondered why Achilles' invulnerability gets so much description; I like to keep that simple, and just make him entirely invincible save for at his heel. Keeps him super-powerful. In my profile for him, I think the actual description for that is about two sentences at most. *shrug*
    I get you, I imagine most people would do the same. I choose not to because of two reasons: 1. I dislike the invulnerability myth, 2. Achilles does get non-lethally harmed in the Iliad.
    The second reason is sort of part of why the first one exists, but my dislike of it is not limited to only that. If he was invulnerable as a consequence of his immortal body, then there wouldn't be such a huge emphasis on his defensive armaments. But yeah, the real nail in the coffin is the fact that he pretty clearly gets injured, of course, his invulnerability is not mentioned in the Iliad as well. I felt that my armour thing was a good compromise at least. The fact that he dies due to a chink being found in his armour is pretty ironic too, since he did the same thing to Hector, so that's a nice bonus.

Oh yeah, nice Aias by the way. Probably the best profile I have seen from you, to be honest.
    Last edited by Petrikow; July 15th, 2012 at 12:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    I also have my Hector and Achilles already made (for MPII) and they're pretty decent, though they could probably do with some improving. Hector especially, the way I designed him, is meant to be RIDICULOUS STATS but not so much in the way of Noble Phantasms.
    I kind of feel like Hector would probably not have that many NPs any way. I really loved the NP that Master of Chaos gave him here. It uses his status being favored by Zeus as an excuse to let him electrify his spear/throwing arm and then turn his spear throw into basically an Index railgun attack. It's a really clever use of his prowess and story to give him just one deadly but hard to use NP that requires all of his skill and coordination to aim and use properly. I imagine throwing a railgun spear would be hideously inaccurate and unwieldy in anyone else's hands, so it feels accurate to his character that Hector would have just that one NP, expertly polished and used. Silly bit of head-canon on my part, any way, lol.

Ajax is pretty awesome though. I really like how he works mechanically and his skills are all very well-founded. It's surprising to realize Rho Aias doesn't really have a canon NP ranking though, does it? I never noticed that it didn't have one until I looked at yours, which is very unlike Nasu given how often used it was. The A+ gave me a bit of pause, only because Gae Bolg's B+ death flight very nearly broke it, so I would've pegged it as an A but that works well too.

As for Achilles, overall, he's pretty excellent lol. I like how you write the armor NP - if I had any qualms about it, it'd be that Servants often seem to get their abilities based on the popular conception about their myths more than they do the historical accuracy, so the fact that the oldest sources say one thing doesn't feel like it'd do anything to trump what everyone afterwards actually said and believed - but I like the NP any way and it's a good rationalization for the actual ability. Learning about his spear was pretty interesting too, as that was admittedly entirely new knowledge for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    Ajax is pretty awesome though. I really like how he works mechanically and his skills are all very well-founded. It's surprising to realize Rho Aias doesn't really have a canon NP ranking though, does it? I never noticed that it didn't have one until I looked at yours, which is very unlike Nasu given how often used it was. The A+ gave me a bit of pause, only because Gae Bolg's B+ death flight very nearly broke it, so I would've pegged it as an A but that works well too.
    Actually, in the fight between Archer and Lancer, Rho Aias did break - after everything's said and done, the last petal shatters. Since Archer's NPs are all one rank below the original, and his defensive armaments are out of his forte, I decided to make the actual Rho Aias a lot stronger. By the numbers, a B+ rank NP would trump an A-rank NP, but not an A+ NP, which gives a pretty good window for what rank Rho Aias would be.