Page 230 of 430 FirstFirst ... 130180220225228229230231232235240280330 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,600 of 8594

Thread: RWBY

I refuse to call monkey boy by his proper name I will instead call him Shit-Thrower.
    What's the problem and how much of it is your fault?

Quote Originally Posted by StarCross231 View Post
    I refuse to call monkey boy by his proper name I will instead call him Shit-Thrower.
    Racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Time to go to the holodeck! *Rams head up Sakura's vagina*

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am actually surprised about the writing here for the first time, I mean I expected DISCRIMINATION IS WRONG to be the entire issue of this particular subplot that has been foreshadowed for quite a bit now. But the whole Weiss thing might actually add something beyond a pre-schooler aesop here.

The animation is getting worse though or maybe that's just me. Way more clipping in the walking animations and the monkey boy scene didn't feel up to par.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deviatesfish View Post
    I hope that monkey boy dies.
    This is RWBY, people only die in backstories.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

So let's see; on the one hand, Weiss is a racist whose opinions have been formed in large part by the fact that her family's holdings has been a central target for extremist violence by the group against whom she has developed prejudice. On the other hand, Blake is a former member of those extremists whose belief in the rightness of the underlying cause is thus far too strong to allow her to decry the violent acts. Undoubtedly both of them have much growing up to do and will come to the conclusion that their specific feelings for and allegiance to their teammate and their future at Beacon are more important than their generalized attitudes. Perhaps they will even do some growing up and learn that racism and oppression are bad things that will get people mad at you and that terrorism is never a valid solution to being oppressed. How much they have to go through to get there and how much ugliness it takes...well, that's another story.

Hopefully, they won't work this out next episode; complex problems deserve complex solutions and presenting an issue like this as if there were easy answers is the stuff of cheesy ABC After-School Specials. Uneasy truce to get Blake back on the team, maybe. Season-ending (volume-ending?) cliffhanger, more likely. What I can definitely say is that I hope there's plenty of action next episode. Weiss's fight with the Boarbatusk in Ep. 10 was really the only serious action scene we've seen in a while (Jaune's fight with the Ursa was really more of a stage piece than a fight).

Blake-with-a-girl pairing shippers wigging out over the presence of a Faunus boy in the cast is...amusing. Don't know why they're panicking over this when they've had no problem completely ignoring that Yang's been ogling boys (and not girls) since Episode 3.

I agree with everybody that the combat skirts moment--specifically, Ruby popping up in Weiss's support--was awesome and the best single bit of the show.

Penny is very odd. I'll buy android. We know androids exist in this setting, after all, so it's not totally crazy. I'm hoping for something along those lines, because Nora is right at my limit for the point where "wacky" totters over to "please see that this person gets the mental health care she so desperately needs."

As for the Grim(m)'s existence and the "nothing is evil" comment, I suggest that possibly that is directly connected. This is a world where everyone can see what true, soulless evil actually looks like. All humans have souls, and therefore regardless of how bad a person they may be, there's still that piece of them where it can be said, "this is a human being--this is someone who has the capacity for goodness within them. Even those who harm others for money, power, anger, or love still have hopes and dreams and goals they seek to accomplish, rather than being monstrous forces of absolute destruction."

I noticed over at the RT comment thread on this episode that everybody in sight was referring to the two cops as being an in-joke to something, "Burnie" and a guy whose name started with J. Can anyone explain the joke?

...I'm hoping that Volume 2 does not degenerate into a Tournament Arc.

Also, am I the only one who thought Weiss's VA was awful during the early scenes? She was fine back at Beacon with the backstory, argue-with-Blake stuff, but while they were walking through the streets of Vale she sounded like she was reading a list of words with no idea that they were made into sentences that conveyed meaning and stuff.
    Last edited by DezoPenguin; November 1st, 2013 at 09:19 AM.
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Blake-with-a-girl pairing shippers wigging out over the presence of a Faunus boy in the cast is...amusing. Don't know why they're panicking over this when they've had no problem completely ignoring that Yang's been ogling boys (and not girls) since Episode 3.
    Shipping goggles do that.
    I agree with everybody that the combat skirts moment--specifically, Ruby popping up in Weiss's support--was awesome and the best single bit of the show.
    Yep yep yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Also, am I the only one who thought Weiss's VA was awful during the early scenes? She was fine back at Beacon with the backstory, argue-with-Blake stuff, but while they were walking through the streets of Vale she sounded like she was reading a list of words with no idea that they were made into sentences that conveyed meaning and stuff.
    No, you're not the only one to think that Weiss' VA was kinda phoning that in there. Got better though where you said, at least.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

God have mercy on my rolls... Servant Shiki's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Noir
    Serious discussion going on right now, but:

Halloween Pics
    Lancer x Archer OTP
    Spoiler:

Hee hee, cute art, Shiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Shipping goggles do that.
    This is why, yuri fanboy that I am, I prefer to do my fanboying over series (and over characters in series) supported by text rather than wishful thinking.
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blue's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...I'm hoping that Volume 2 does not degenerate into a Tournament Arc.
    I wouldn't mind a tournament arc. Something something Jaune pun here.

Quote Originally Posted by Servant Shiki View Post
    ^ OMFG FIRST PICTURE IS ABSOLUTELY ADORKABLE *foams at mouth*

Levy is not impressed.

Eco Rider!

Schizoid Personality Disorder SH1234's Avatar
    I think Blake will go with monkey boy in the next episode and return to white fang, consider her current state of mind. Eventhough I don't want that to happen /_\
    Made by Tusia

My very first attempt on writting, I don't have courage to post it anywhere but my blog.

My little project (no longer delayed, but release date is like constipation)

Spoiler:
    Finally I'm a shirekan

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This would be the one time I'd actually look forward to a tournament arc over more story content.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Servant Shiki View Post

Halloween Pics
    Why is Ruby not a wolf?
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Grant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    ^^I'm with Siriel on this. Blake seems too emotionally invested in White Fang to defend them instead of intelligently showing the flaws of Weiss's beliefs about Faunus.

Its kinda like defending the Taliban when some bigot is equating the entire Muslim population to be part of them. Why would you?
    Yes, and I consider her probably as wrong, but she's not the one deciding to view an entire species that way. Blake's defending people responsible for murder and seems to feel that she has to defend them even though she herself felt they were too extreme, but she's also at least willing to coexist, work with and actively support humans. Question is, is Weiss (without the important life lesson she'll probably learn)?

And Siriel, if they had 80% of the population in it the Faunus would either be nearly extinct or would have already won. The fact that in the first episode they're mentioned disrupting a peaceful protest suggests they mirror real life opposition groups in that they make up a small, violent minority.

Blog Entries
    I was actually kinda hoping that instead of cat ears she had Bat ears.

Also thought she was going to take off the scarf and it was gonna be double Faunas mutation reveal

Blog Entries
    This is why, yuri fanboy that I am, I prefer to do my fanboying over series (and over characters in series) supported by text rather than wishful thinking.
    If it helps, that reaction seems to mostly be the vocal minority of the Tumblr fandom from what I can tell. I was on a Skype chat with a few people after the episode for a couple of hours, and they were really very open and sweet about it. The fandom in general encourages massive shipping of everyone with everyone else, but I guess certain portions got really invested in Bumblebee even though Blake had more interaction with Sun in one episode than she's had with Yang the whole series.

Then again, I really could care less if Bumblebee gets sunk, so there's that. It was pretty low on my yuri totem pole of shipping for RWBY.

Blog Entries
    Kinda curious about the reasons Blake quit.

Can't go the "White Fang just took a radical turn in recent history" any more with Weiss' backstory

Another Day At the Office Riven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    If it helps, that reaction seems to mostly be the vocal minority of the Tumblr fandom from what I can tell. I was on a Skype chat with a few people after the episode for a couple of hours, and they were really very open and sweet about it. The fandom in general encourages massive shipping of everyone with everyone else, but I guess certain portions got really invested in Bumblebee even though Blake had more interaction with Sun in one episode than she's had with Yang the whole series.

Then again, I really could care less if Bumblebee gets sunk, so there's that. It was pretty low on my yuri totem pole of shipping for RWBY.
    I didn't even realize there were enough couples for a totem pole. Maybe a totem stump...

Blog Entries
    there's

ruby x weiss
    yang x blake

and that's p much it.

I guess you could add Weiss x Blake now with a sprinkling of hate fucking but... yeah

And no Ruby x Yang isn't an option.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Foolish little lost girl #15
    • Whoa! Civilisation!
    • Huh. Did they dip Nora in blue ink and give her heels?

Man they're really hurting for npcs...
    • Oh hey, it's the storekeeper from ep 1.
    • "Ugh, you can't prove that." =3
    • Stupid gun design. I wonder what kind of technomagicguns they have
    • Not a bunch of psychopaths. What about your old fuckbuddy's who doesn't give a fuck about humansness?
    • So many dozy shadow clones walking wandering the streets in a trance.

Oh god this is a creepy town ;_;
    • *sigh* Blake's one of those silly little girls who likes bad boys ain't she -.-
    • Ah, missed that first time. It's not Weiss' problem. It's Yang who said that 'he's the competition'
    • *thwap* At least those two have the slapstick going. Actaually given the balance - I think Yang is the mature one after all. No wonder she's always the seme.
    • Yeah. As soon as Ruby said friend I totally thought psycho stalker.
    • Hmm... close up Penny looks like a psycho little girl from some 70s 80s movie or something.
    • Combat skirt - I approve.
      Weiss' face just then reminded me of someone.

Wry doth my mind make these connections all the time? ;_;
    • He's a person. Yes. A person that broke the law. Who is then a criminal.
    • Even if Weiss is stuck up, discriminative and unintentionally prodding at her species, she's rather quick to defend the monkey. i.e. Sigh retarded girl likes the bad boy -.-
    • Hey, they managed to lose penny!
    • Actually Weiss is right - terrorists. "Oh but they're not just terrorists" doesn't seem like a suitable defense...
    • Blake. You're raging so hard your hair is going through your gun.
    • Continually and stubbornly defending a group of terrorists and her only answer is we is oppressed.
    • Derprun.
    • Sadpussy face.
    • That seems like an odd way to pull bowstring.
    • Note that Ruby's suspended in the air bed with veil canopy moves not even a millimetre.
    • Runaway girl seeks comfort in bad boy.
    • Nice piano segue.

Whelp. That's the last of her intriguing backstory and appearance cred. She's now fallen far in rankings.

Blake now strikes me as some teen rebel who got into a bad crowd and despite her having enough misgivings abouts them to run away, she's still highly defensive of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    That naming made me cringe. Wonder if his weapon will be a gun-staff or something.
    Like a gun?
    It feels too early to end the season!
    I think it's the mid season hiatus?
    And I'm a little disappointed that Ruby didn't immediately run after Blake when she left the room. I understand Blake needed to get away, but not even trying to follow her?
    Aye, I am surprise at least one of the sisters didn't go after her.

Maybe RT ran out of animating steam and just couldn't manage a chase scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by deviatesfish View Post
    I hope that monkey boy dies.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsRequiem View Post
    Penny is an android/cyborg/robot. Calling it now.

I mean seriously, when she said, "I am combat ready!" I immediately thought, 'she's an android.'
    Robots can be psycho too. I pass this motion!

Actually from the first time I saw her, I got vocaloid vibes from her luminous bits...
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Dear Roosterteeth:

Do this from now on. This was worth the wait. One episode every other week. Give yourself more time to add content, refine, etc.

Season 2 make it work.
    Pretty sure I read somewhere that it was always their plan to increase content at the beginning middle and end of a run.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenieth View Post
    Sorry I was
    posting at the time
    n't paying attention
    . Did you say something?

- - - Updated - - -

lol. my gif trawling found more animation derps.

Yang - ye left yer face behind!
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Blog Entries
    your incest trolling means nothing.

And that edit was specifically for you cause I knew you'd post it, Hen.