Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: Beast's Lair Banner Contest 2016 ???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    All I'm saying is that if stuff looks good, it should be given a chance, and not be automatically bombed by whatever prejudice is in fashion right now.
    tfw my dislike of GO is treated like some sort of fad

But I'd honestly prefer no banners at all in that case.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Classic style is here for you then.

I think there's an option for that

Blog Entries
    Classic style is here for you then.
    Somebody make it so "settings and my profile and the like" doesn't move to the far top right of the corner and I'm all for it.
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just dig out the old userscripts if you feel like having banner allergy.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilm View Post
    Somebody make it so "settings and my profile and the like" doesn't move to the far top right of the corner and I'm all for it.
    That's where it's meant to be. The positioning on the Modern skin is, in Dark Pulse's words, "a fucking ugly and messy hack".

Admin-approved! (But I did have to remain on Classic because my preferred banner isn't 150x800).
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    I haven't heard of these before.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NuitTombee View Post
    If you're asking for the script here ya go.

Code:
    // ==UserScript==
    // @name       BL Banner Change
    // @version    1.0
    // @match      http://nrvnqsr.com/*
    // @match      http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/*
    // @copyright  2012+, You
    // ==/UserScript==

document.getElementsByClassName("logo-image")[0].getElementsByTagName("img")[0].src = "http://i.imgur.com/kCO7E.png";
    Just replace the image source with something you want up there.

Also, credit to Mereo and Kyte for mentioning it and shortening the code.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    1) Install Greasemonkey (native to Firefox, I believe there's an equivalent for Chrome).
    2) Restart browser.
    3) Copy the script into Notepad or a similar program.
    4) Replace URL with the URL for your preferred banner image.
    5) Save as a .user.js file (e.g BL Banner.user.js)
    6) Open the file with your browser.
    7) Follow Greasemonkey's install prompts.
    8) Victory over the forces of banner tyranny!
    This is back from the depths of 2012, so you have to add blogs.nrvnqsr.com/* too, because we didn't have those then. But, otherwise, it's what I've been using for the past four+ years.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Ah, it's a greasemonkey script, good thing I already have that installed, pains me that I never really thought to write one to replace banners with it before.

Edit: thanks, worked like a charm.
    Last edited by Nihilm; August 3rd, 2016 at 08:46 AM.

20.06.2014 Never forget

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Just adblock ones you don't like like I do, lol.

And this contest is a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    i dont understand

do you not want GO banners

adblock them

they will most likely enter the rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner View Post
    One might have the impression that this is not being particularly conductive to discussion, if content preferences by other people are to be dismissed as prejudice (what) while using as sole parameter the artistic value of the submissions, telling others "it's that or tough shit for you".

That you care about this contest proposal doesn't mean that the crusading spirit is appropriate.

This is an uninterested party opinion, for I'm not sure I'll be able to summon the will to follow this through, but you're much more likely to end this well with a little bit more of goodwill.
    There's absolutely nothing crusading or non-goodwill about what I wrote.

- - - Updated - - -

And I am judging it as prejudice since no actual submissions exist at this point to form non-prejudiced opinions on.

Blog Entries
    about the matter of you not wanting GO banners

this feels a bit silly

how about we all take a breath and actually see if we get more people to volunteer for banner creation since a headcount comes out at like 4 right now

I, uh, wasn't aggressive.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I agree that actually making a fuss about anything should wait until there's some banners to make a fuss about.

Which is something we should work on! I guess this isn't technically a submissions thread but it'd be nice to see some early attempts at banners. I'll do what I can this weekend when I'm free.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    If somebody makes me a good banner with the remake Akiha art that has gotten released, I will probably be content with whatever gets voted as I can just greasemonkey that into permanence.

20.06.2014 Never forget

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'll try my hand at some stuff, try get some non-Fate stuff in the rotation. If anyone has any ideas they wanna cobble together but are too lazy to do it themselves, they can ask me and I'll try that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilm View Post
    If somebody makes me a good banner with the remake Akiha art that has gotten released, I will probably be content with whatever gets voted as I can just greasemonkey that into permanence.
    Hmmmm...
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

All I'm saying is that if stuff looks good, it should be given a chance, and not be automatically bombed by whatever prejudice is in fashion right now.
    That's why I want a BL-tan redraw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    I'll try my hand at some stuff, try get some non-Fate stuff in the rotation. If anyone has any ideas they wanna cobble together but are too lazy to do it themselves, they can ask me and I'll try that too.
    you'll be hearing from me...

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    BL-tan stays or I riot.

BL-tan stays a half-naked loli or I start assassinating mods.

Change is bad.